Speaker 1: On today's episode of The Command Center Podcast, we got a Dallas recap. It was a it was crazy. What's going on? Yeah, we got a Tennessee preview. We are also risking it for the biscuit and a new segment. Make sure you check that out. And speaking of biscuits, yes, don't invite the Paulson's over rude bag. Why is that friend?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Because we brought root vests your friends giving all starts right now.
Speaker 1: Welcome the Command Center Podcast. I welcome Pulson here with Fred's food and Saint Tanamas and guys coming off one of the weirder games I've ever seen?
Speaker 2: What up though? What up though? Detroit? Detroit man look at you, like, what up though? What is that? What up though?
Speaker 1: What does that mean? What up? Though?
Speaker 2: They just they didn't mean, like, what's up with you?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I didn't understand. That's what I I and Ferd all the locker rooms you'd haven been in.
Speaker 2: So what you said?
Speaker 1: What to do?
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 1: What? I was like, okay, but what do you what is that reference to?
Speaker 2: That's the same thing if I said what to do?
Speaker 1: But how is that related to the Dallas gave us.
Speaker 2: He just threw you off, Just throw you off. What's up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So, yeah, we were talking about Dallas before we got sidetracked there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we came run away from this conversation. Yes, it's awkward. I can say this as a person.
Speaker 1: There's nothing you can't say.
Speaker 2: No, no, as a person.
Speaker 4: Those last five minutes were the most emotion, Like every emotion on the spectrum. I felt like my heart bouncing up and down, excitement, misery, anxious, the focus like.
Speaker 2: What is going on with me? Then this year, I know, out of.
Speaker 4: Nowhere, here come that hell Terry, which I called, by the way, five places before it happened. I told Scott Jackson, I feeling hell Terry coming to listen to me? What say, mm hm, you know Terry Hell Terry happens right, And I said this Terry ran like Jerry Rice when he caught that ball.
Speaker 1: It was incredible.
Speaker 4: Listen roped that Phil Yeah, and I was like, I want to see what they clocked him at.
Speaker 5: I think he I think he got the twins. We always knew Terry was fast. He just don't get another showcase.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: I was like, I could just feel the magic in the air. I was like again, I say, this is one thing about this quarterback.
Speaker 2: We know.
Speaker 4: Now, don't you ever leave your TV and don't you get out your seat at they stadium.
Speaker 5: Long as just a second on that calor. You'd be surprised if I tell you that I had no emotion at all. I showed no emotion when Terry caught that I was.
Speaker 2: Leaning on the wall. Ex BC.
Speaker 5: I was leaning on the wall and I'm seeing it. I'm shaking my head like because you know now, I'm almost disgusted, Like, bro, we wait to this lady. I know how you do something. And then everybody high five be missions on his knees praying, and I say, bro, that he's on his knees praying. Miss Tenor, you saw me, I said, I saw before the catch, he was on his knees prayer. It was bro, it was perfect time I put my right hand. Be Missed had his back turned to the TV, on his knees praying, Terry catching the boy.
Speaker 1: You look back.
Speaker 2: And I'm sitting on the wall watching everybody.
Speaker 5: It was it was I on like I was look, I wasn't there and everybody was just going.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like you were just a ghost watching everybody being go that part.
Speaker 5: And I'm sitting there, so BC kept like Tanner, I'm like, he gotta make the extra point, thog, make the extra.
Speaker 2: Points, dude, So you Jenxusson. I didn't get excited until I saw that thing go. It was in the U I G three.
Speaker 5: But to say the least, bro Like, I just feel like they had been like that. It been up and down so much to the point where I'm like, bro, I'm not finna get over excited excited about nothing until I see that thing, say tied and it's all zeros.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know what's funny is I had the exact same reaction. So London and Brand were freaking out of the head. The sideline was freaking out.
Speaker 2: I did, you know, usually I laugh or do something, but I know the awkward laughing.
Speaker 1: It was no awkward laughing. Yeah, I was. I was like, I was like, they got to make the extra port or they got to go for two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you go to question, what would coach Logan Pousen doing a time?
Speaker 1: Do you go for two?
Speaker 4: Because it's just we ain't got enough juice lay up to go fourth court. I mean extra cord. I didn't go fort like we had juice.
Speaker 2: I feel like we hadn't done that in all games. That was that was us. Now seeing that this last two drafts we really actually scored when we should have been doing that all, you know.
Speaker 1: All day. Yeah, So for me at home, usually the analytics say that you're slightly better off at home going to overtime, Yeah, because you have you have the cage, all that stuff. And again they went for too earlier the games, so probably their two point conversion play birds. So I don't have a problem with it. I do think kind of to Tanna's point, like because of how the game had been, Like if you're someone who's like they should have got for two, I totally understand what you're saying because of the game was.
Speaker 2: So up and game.
Speaker 1: Like my initial thought, because I'm on the sideline so I get to watch Dad, it was like, you know, like because he right when they score, Dad is so odd situational football, right, and he put his put one figure out. But I thought, oh, maybe he messed up, but he was. There's no hesitation, yeah, And so my initial thought was like, oh, he should have gone for two. But when you think about it, when you look at the analytics, It's like, yeah, I don't have a problem with it either way. It just depends on like when you're coaching on the sideline with your team, what do you think they could handle? Yeah, and he obviously felt they could handle gold for gold for overtime, and and I get it that hole, you're the better football team. You're on a roll, like, you know, why why give it to one play when you could win?
Speaker 5: The fact, I thought that had been devastating for them to feel like, damn we we really do suck because we we held this little lead the entire gaming and they finally took it over again when he counted or tied us up.
Speaker 2: So over time they wasn't going to have anything.
Speaker 5: So that's why I was okay with go for one, go for one, And like I said, I wasn't gonna be, you know, all giddy until I saw that thing go through that and just knowing what happened with him early in this and just to get back to the kicker, Man, you gotta understand he had a hip injury. Is his first game back, so you know how that thing go. Man, you're gonna I was like, man, I just hope that he's.
Speaker 1: He kind of he kind of had some miss hits earlier, like he didn't miss them, but he kind of hit the ball fat kind of just didn't look one hundred percent. And I'm not saying he was or was that.
Speaker 4: But all of us didn't play games and we ain't been hundred to see exactly.
Speaker 1: We all know we all do that, yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not fought him for being back out there that quick, but I just feel like that's not what you keep a job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had, you got to finish it, and we didn't do that.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. So what kind of the big elephant of the room. You know. I've at the grocery store last night and someone and they say, you know, what happened to the offense, Let's go on with the offense? And I thought I would just open that up to general discussion. I have thoughts, I better calls. I've talked to people in the league. I have a bunch of thoughts about it. But I want to get your guys thoughts about it? Or should I start?
Speaker 5: You can ask me. I'm gonna say that I'm waiting. I'm waiting to hear y'all answer, because from what I see. I don't see a whole lot of different when it comes to the play calling. I feel like we're doing some of the same things, but I just feel like the.
Speaker 2: Production hasn't been on the level it was before.
Speaker 5: You understand, like early in those first few games, you feel like it didn't matter what he threw up, people was coming down with it. And now it's to the point where do I see him rush Harry that he looked like he's rushed that time, and now it's like, Okay, I'm rushed. But that guy who I normally depend on to turn around catch this past, he's a little late or I'm not giving it at all. I'm one hopping it to him, you know what I'm saying. So I'm asking myself. I've been asking myself watching the film the whole day to day. I just told him I watched the damn TV copy and I'm sitting there like.
Speaker 2: Bro, it don't seem like a whole lot of difference. But I do see him. I see some.
Speaker 5: Exotic looks here and there, trying to make him, you know, throw the different people and try to speed up things. But I'm just like, Bro, production we haven't had the same ability to produce when that ball comes your way, because.
Speaker 2: We are a team that won early clean.
Speaker 4: When I say clean, I mean clean from the entire team, clean, special teams, penity wise, clean, ahead of the sticks, clean, never be ourself clean.
Speaker 2: We can't do what a team.
Speaker 4: That's established like the Detroit Lions can do, and this's go out there and throw five picks and win a dirty game. Like Kansas City can go out there and play a dirty football for four quarterball of four quarters and go win a dirty game. We haven't made it to that level of maturity yet where we can win dirty games. So now you take the clean this out and you look at yesterday terrible one special teams at times of penities, we got more penities than the Dallas Cowboys, Like these are the things we wasn't doing in the first half of the year. That's starting to show itself now. So to me, I think they're easy fixes. It's getting back to the basics. Let's do the small things right, Let's cross those t's and dot those eyes, and that's I think playing cannet. And let's be honest, we haven't ran the ball. It's as good as we.
Speaker 2: Did at the beginning.
Speaker 4: And I understand that because sometimes you do want to push it to your quarterback and say we might need to throw more like.
Speaker 2: So what I'm saying is we need to.
Speaker 4: Self check ourselves, go in and say let's add these other things.
Speaker 2: Because the one thing I'm very shocked at is.
Speaker 4: We don't run as many tight end or running back screens. I think we need to start to incorporate stuff like that to get one, get him easy completions to kind of it kind of exchanges for the early running game, if you know what I mean. But if I can say anything, we're starting to play dirty ball, which doesn't work in our favor because we ain't built.
Speaker 1: Like that yet.
Speaker 5: But is it not working in our favor because we're not built that way or we're just tired?
Speaker 2: Broh, No, listen. I feel like I said this week, I'm show you got a team that's beat up.
Speaker 4: I said the same damn should damn Shane NFL that these guys don't get their first break to week fourteen, And in what planet is that one fair for competition?
Speaker 2: Reason two? Is that even healthy?
Speaker 4: Because at first I was like early in the year, I was like, I wonder is the reason coach rotating his offensive line, these DB's and these d line like this is because he understand they got to play thirteen straat weeks. And then as he kept going, I was like, that's what he doing, Like that's so that's so smart to do that because he understands if I got a player that I singlely got to depend on, he might not make it thirteen straight weeks. So that's just the NFL. I'm sorry, I gotta put that one in your lap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. And so for me, if you look at running back desired runs, right, so where they're going to the running back earlier the season, so first eight game was ravaging five point six yards of carry. Yeah, Joey've averaged last what is it, four weeks, three point two, right, So there's that kind of efficiency that Tay that's talking about those were so think about that. That's second and five, second and six pre consistently second and three. It's easy to operate there. Right when you're in second and seven, it becomes a little bit more challenging. And so that's one element, right. Jane Daniels, I think you know, we talked about how early in the season, specifically the first four games he was the most efficient quarterback in the history of the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but those numbers were space the number.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I'm saying. So I think he's still played a really good ball right now, like you know, watching this film, like I was like, this is pretty good game for him and that people are gonna say, what do you mean, let me get to that. So what what I see him is like we went from like a ninety percent completion percentage or whatever it was, that ninety three whatever that was, and now he's in a normal vein. So you're losing anywhere between five and twelve completions a game, right, and one are those those are first downs, those are second in law, That's exactly right. And so now a couple all of that lack of efficiency or that regression of efficiency right to kind of more normal numbers, right, because the running back's going to finish with about four point two yards to carry on the air, and right now, that's exactly where they're at. But of the last couple of weeks, they're at three point two, right, compared to five point six early this season. Okay, so they're going to regress back to normal. Jane's regrets back to a more normal completion percentage. The other thing that's been tough is they haven't they've had a hard time finding chunks. Right, So when you aren't going to be hyper efficient, the number one driver of offensive production and touchdowns in terms of correlation is explosive place.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, So think about all the plays in the game, Like when they scored, they were able to find explosive plays. The touchdown, they're able to get exposed to run from Jayden the touchdownitary.
Speaker 2: Obviously it was supposed to play in the sale.
Speaker 1: The two minute drive where they drive down they got a couple of big chunks twenty yards completions, they get the chunks. When you can't get chunks, you're gonna have our times. And I think that's what we saw earlier in the season. We saw them going on sixteen play drives. Eighteen play drives. That's unusual. Yeah, yeah, and Dan you know that, we know the day, but that's unusual. And so I think this regression and efficiency to a normal level is one of the reasons. Running and passing, and then the lack of explosive plays is the other element. And I think all of those things is when you watch down to down, You're like, you know, I think you've you've both been a part of this where you're watching film and you're like, oh, actually, like this isn't that bad.
Speaker 2: They have as good as you think.
Speaker 1: This is actually block better than I thought. The running back kind of misses the cut. Oh, but that's still four yards. When I watched this game, that's kind of how I came out of it, which is which was surprising to me. But the problem is you're not scoring points until late in the game. And those are the reasons that I would point to right now, and are they correctable? Sure? Like, can we get some more high percentage quick game throws on first second down? Sure, can we get some more explosive plays, But think about explosive plays, there are low percentage throws. So one of the craziest drives in the game to me was a three and out where they throw that deep balditary and they just barely miss it. Remember that the next play is a RPO completion is act it's a three yard game. It's third and seven heat up has to throw the ball away. Yeah, Like that is a microcosm of the razor's edge you're walking in the offense you missed the explosive.
Speaker 3: On first down that with the key, Yeah on first down, and I don't hate the call.
Speaker 1: It's after a turnover in a plus situation, Yeah, take your shot. But the problem is then you are behind the sticks. You don't get what you thought on second down, and you're in third and seven they're gonna blitz. And that's exactly the issue that they're ready to tell me.
Speaker 5: It is too just looking at what you spoke about earlier. When it comes to the efficiency of our run game earlier and what it's been lately, half of that becauld b Rod wasn't there, and then another half is now he's back and he's he got injured in this game, So you can't really rely on what has I guess you can say we've been leaning on for our offense to kind of get that hitting yard is in our run game because you got that you want to run this offense around is the one that you know.
Speaker 2: Now you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And this is like, this is a really interesting more like philosophical point I think about football in general is usually with a zould read, there's another block defender, right, you're not blocking the defensive and so for that back to be really good, he's got to get downhill and kind of crab it for I remember Alfred used to be so good at that. Yeah, granted, off you crab it in there. He's what he can get break a tackle. It's five yards b Rob is excellent at that, right, and Austin that's not really a game, right McNichols A little bit, right. I think Rodrigez can do that a little Yeah. But I think that's something you've seen too, is you've taken these runs that aren't super efficient and made them less efficient because the run run. Yeah, it's not their back. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, And so it's to run you need, yes, because again I think it does add value because think about we had a seven yard run at a keeper Jaye Daniels, Right, that's his own read touchdowns on his own read like it's exposed to elements to your offense.
Speaker 2: When you take it away by simply removing it.
Speaker 1: Running back.
Speaker 2: Now, as a defense, we don't have to jam in the middle no more.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: Now we're waiting on Jaden to turn this corner and we're going to force him back inside.
Speaker 1: And so again that that's exactly what we're talking about, that goes from a three, that goes from a five yard game to a three yard game. Second and seven is tough living. Yeah right, it's tough living, I'll tell you. As a play caller, even at high school, like, I hate big and second and seven because can we throw it? Can we run it? Can we protect it? All those questions come up. So I just thought that was something to kind of point out there, right, and then defensively, excuse me, yeah, what do we think? I actually thought they played.
Speaker 2: I thought they played well.
Speaker 5: I thought a couple of explosive here and they're kind of crippled us.
Speaker 2: But besides that, those guys was flying around.
Speaker 5: They guess they've actually done what they've been doing the last few weeks, allowing us to be in the game. Yeah, and we just can't take it over offensively, So yeah, you know, it was definitely Yeah, I thought they had got gassed in the run, just a tad bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of who's.
Speaker 2: But not break.
Speaker 1: And then the other thing is they gave the offense such good.
Speaker 4: Crimosition listen, but we didn't capitalize on the defense.
Speaker 2: How model is over and over over?
Speaker 1: Like you you.
Speaker 4: Showed me who you are over and over and over again. Like we don't worry about what happened when we go on. Once we take the field, it's that you get the ball back or shop. Then we don't care if the offense left a short field. We don't care if the punt it fought, We don't care. Like this has to be the mindset. But this defense is what I can say about it. We still got players that need to rise to the occasion. And when I say rise to the occasion, some guys we know when it's an X on our back. At what point you got to get people off of you, Like you have to remove doubts because if it's doubt right there, people are going to keep going to that wound and opening that wound until we bleed to death.
Speaker 1: Like so it's.
Speaker 4: Defensive backfield has to stand up and make plays. And I thought, and you know me and you have this debate all the time about Cedee Lamb and his number one is I call him a true one B. You say he'll one A. I just feel like a team and Turby can make his plays. I'm not taking nothing away from Turbine, but as a whole I just thought defensive back, come on, this is your game, this is your game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I think the other thing that was everyone talked about the rush, like where's the rush, and we just went through or I just went through all the completions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the din't get the ball out the hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So twenty one of twenty six completions, we're within five yards of the lightest script.
Speaker 2: You can't rush that.
Speaker 1: You can't rush it. Now, I see because I because I keep out of the game thinking the same thing you did. I was like, we're the rush, where was the rush? Yeah? But twenty one of twenty six, so that means there's five deep drops, five pass rush opportunities.
Speaker 2: Ding dun't does and ran for those short yachts being but no, they knew they won't put it in their defensive hand.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great point because again, like if they can't operate like that, if the offense scores, yeah, really yeah. I think that was the thing that was a little talk about complimentary football all the time. That's why it's challenging. That's why it's challenging obviously, because they didn't.
Speaker 4: They didn't do with the other teams that beat Dallas did get out quick, so they have to chase from behind.
Speaker 1: Even you said that was a close game, but that the third quarter all that they got away from.
Speaker 5: With all that being said, I think that's what really allowed them to be so efficient and do what they was doing, stick to what they was doing, because we never took advantage of those opportunities where we had the ball back in our end and now have momentum going in our favor. You get you get a block field goal, a missfield goal, and a block punt, and you don't turn that.
Speaker 2: Over into them at twenty one points easily, even thirteen points a touchdown period.
Speaker 1: You know, half time. So even if it's seven.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying like, if you're not going up at halftime with all that transparent that you just you just gave them so much confidence going into that dark. Oh they don't want to play today. They don't want to play. So now think about how they're coming out. Now they're coming out now say Okay, we're gonna open this thing up a little bit because we've already seen that.
Speaker 2: They're gonna allow us to play the way we want to play.
Speaker 5: So that's why I look at them like, bro, we're sitting in a situation where defensively, these these guys on the hold on for so long, you know what I mean, we have to come and get We've been talking about complement in football for a while because we have we've seen them play this window, ye, and it just hasn't been there of lately.
Speaker 2: But I think of lately too.
Speaker 5: Like I said before, we just got to get back to producing, having the same amount of production that I was always.
Speaker 4: Told is if you let a thief hang around you long enough, he'll steal one.
Speaker 3: Great saying great saying, I don't know where you got that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: No doubt. All right. So obviously we have some of our frustrations, but I think we all it comes from a place of knowing football.
Speaker 2: There's no better than that.
Speaker 1: There are some people that are really upset, flat flat earthers that are really upset. And we're going to bring producer Jason Isla to help us talk through some of the wildest takes about the team. So what's the record right now? Fred? When we having five seven to five and some of these takes and I didn't, so he we to run down ahead of time, and he sent me the questions and I was like, Jason, these are too crazy. They always gotta believe these takes. Yeah, he's like, and he sent me text messages or oracles.
Speaker 4: It's my talk show, me my radio show. I had people calling in. I got to talk him off the leads. So people do feel like I told you, we got round earths on our fan base and flat earthers and some of these people are going berserk flat earthers.
Speaker 6: All right, well let me start with this.
Speaker 7: I'm just producer Jason.
Speaker 8: Jason because also, congratulations, congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know what congratulations to him is the first male to go on maternity leads a people.
Speaker 2: Okay, playing football because.
Speaker 6: I welcomed my son in.
Speaker 7: So now I have two under two, Fred, So I'm generally an optimist, but I listened. Caroline did a great job producing the show was out, but I would listen because I can't help myself. And Fred, you said I was on vacation a couple of times, and with dealing with two under two that just boiled.
Speaker 2: Hated it, just boiled.
Speaker 1: He was on.
Speaker 2: There is nothing about two under two.
Speaker 4: That Yeah, man, did you not like when when they told me because I walked in hard hat, Where's Jason Maternity.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, he wants a couple of work. Probably, Yeah, I'm gonna say no days. I know you love your wife and you love your kids, but that's like, that's like Vietnam? Is there? Man? Two? Like head on a swivel Broye.
Speaker 6: I'm in the buck. I was just in there quite quite literally at times.
Speaker 2: All Right, haters here.
Speaker 8: And I watched that game and you said your father was a hated too, right now, No, I'm just a spawn of hate over here.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 8: Jaden Daniels, the league has figured him out and he's not the answer we got to move on to.
Speaker 2: He is regretsed and he's terrible.
Speaker 1: This is a crazy take to me, Like you got to move on from this. Yeah, Like is he regressed? Yeah, baby, but no, he came back to the fly.
Speaker 2: Everybody goes like this. You know, you got to think about it. It's a long season. This guy has went through a whirlwind just to be where he's at.
Speaker 1: Against a long season.
Speaker 2: Some of the guys started bumping. Now they're starting the level. He was a guy that started on rocketed. Now he's liver.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, man, you gotta let the guy allow him to play the game. You know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, all of us.
Speaker 5: Can play the couch coaching and the couch players. But until you out there and in that fire with them live bullets, man, you can't say nothing allow these guys to do what they do to me. I think if he was, if Jayden Daniels has regressed, I would take this Jayden Dames before I take anybody else that we don't have in the last five years.
Speaker 4: The last twenty years. All right, let me tell y'all something. I got one word for this, tom foolery. That's what I two words or this one word tomb pull together. Now, yeah, tomfoolery, foolery of the tomb. This is what I'm telling you right now, at the end of the day. This is the beginning of this guy's career. We're at the floor, not the ceiling, like we're at the start, all right. We at the ampha, not the old man good. This is we're watching the infant walk for the first time. And now we're watching him walk and say, now he ain't gonna be to.
Speaker 1: Run track.
Speaker 4: Get out of here like somebody like you know what, my child athlete, that he finally started walking like, nah, we gotta lose on our hand.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you got on your head.
Speaker 1: It's too early.
Speaker 4: And guess what we was caught up in this euphoria like sevent and two, darling of the NFL.
Speaker 2: You didn't never think we were gonna be seventy two when it sees it started.
Speaker 4: If I told you, hey, when we get to the twelfth game, we're gonna be seven, everybody would have raised their hand for it when the season started.
Speaker 2: But now the fan base and got a little big spoil. I can see it in they face. I can hear it when they call in, we're supposed to be this, No we ain't.
Speaker 1: We are steal ahead of schedule.
Speaker 4: We are steal ahead of the curve, and we have our future quarterback Tom foolery.
Speaker 1: It is kind of tough foolery. And the thing that gets me is he played good against the Bears, played good against the Giants, played good against Pittsburgh. Was it perfect? Nough? Did he play good?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Made good decisions against Philly, I'll give you that. I think he played pretty good. Start good at this game, like from a decision making, ball placement, accurate, running through and so you know. I came out of the game and I was like, oh, man, like he can't handle pressure, Like, what's going on here? I went back and watched all the pressures. So Michael Parsons has a couple of quick wins, you gotta make a pockets like, there's not time for him to kind of process. I will say the coach, the defensive coordinator for Dallas, did a great job with two of the most beautiful game plan pressures I've ever seen. Ain't nothing for that the immediate pressure, right, But outside of those, I thought the old line picked up the pressures, the back picked up, and he's standing there and he delivered. And again that's the stuff where it's like I hate the knee jerk reactions because you got to study it, you got to look at it, you got to figure it out. And when you watch his composure, when you watch his composure at the end of game, like, think about quarterbacks to Tannis point that we've had that have been fined for three quarters and then melt down in critical situations. Yes, think about what he did. Think about again, you want him to play. You want the offense because it wasn't just him. You want the offense right. We talked about the rushing eficiency and all that stuff, right, but for him to do what he did at the end of that game, drive down and score, drive down and get the field goal, drive down and exposed to play with Terry, Like, that's a special football player. Magic And I don't understand this, Like he's playing, he's had one bad game. Everything else is exceeded expectations.
Speaker 4: First of all, is magic in the era when his key it is playing. I told you I called it. He'll tear me before it had because I believe this kid got something by him. He doesn't about it, Like this kid has proved to you. Don't you dare leave your TV? Don't you dare leave this set at Norwich Stadium that you pay for into this fourth quarter?
Speaker 2: Bill has run the guy's magic.
Speaker 1: Just the other thing I want to say too, is like, not only has he exceeded expectations as a passer, but he has a rushing touchdown and a rushing two point conversion. He has seventy yards rushing take cares yesterday, Like think about the Like he's a special football We all agree on that, and like now you're the list man. Yeah, but I'm just saying, so I know, hater, Jason's really got a lot of hate about that. Yeah, but in terms of takes, like that's a bad take, that's a bad take.
Speaker 6: Tom Foolery is one word, and I hate that, is right, I hate it.
Speaker 9: There should be no excuses. This is unacceptable, clean house, start over again. We're doing the same thing we've done for decades. So to start over, start over.
Speaker 1: One of those texts. I was like, this is too harsh. No one's gonna believe this is real. He sent me the text that someone actually took the time wrote that out, and so we should start over.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about? I got to work. I gotta work.
Speaker 4: One word, Travis sham mockery. That's what this is, a Trevis sham mockery.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? This is a true word, Travis sham mockery. That's what it is.
Speaker 4: If you think like this, that means outlandish, unbelievable. Like whatever you sprewing and whatever you said it out there, you can't sell it to anybody. Nobody buying this. We know what bad leadership look like. This new leadership needs chance to mature.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 4: You can't say culture when you only give them twelve game to bring coaching. In my lit Grandmama Cook, it was for the word patience. We have to be patient as a fan base. And I'm just saying we like we've been. We've been a fan base that's been through a lot. So everybody want this instant grits, they want Mike wave Cookie. Well, we're trying to build something sustainable for fifteen twenty years. It takes time. I ain't no cleaning house. I don't think we can do right now is get the house pressure washed. Other than that, ain't no cleaning house.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I just feel ashamed for that person whoever wrote that, because you can tell it he do them had five wives in the last three years.
Speaker 9: But he ain't.
Speaker 5: No, he's going back to the drawing board too many different times. I mean, you got it, man, let's be for Look, that's why I had no expectations coming to this season. The first thing I said, Man, let these guys show us what they're made of. And to me, I think to this point they're still maturing as a team.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be highs, it's gonna be lows like things. Some of the things that we've seen this team experience. It's what you need to experience to be that team though, to be able to face those those tough teams in the postseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta you gotta go through a high, high and.
Speaker 5: Low load and some of these unbelievable, you know, historical wins like we have went through and losses, and so in order for us to beat the team that these guys trying to be and play the kind of together football that they've been showing us that they can play, you have to have one of the outs outings that they had other night. And I feel like with that being all said, we still got to get to that by I feel like it's so much left in these guys.
Speaker 2: But they need a break.
Speaker 4: They need to be so listen to me, physically, mentally and emotionally. These guys are stretched thin. In twenty thirteen, we had a late bidy.
Speaker 1: We were bad that year.
Speaker 4: I don't know why who's saying it's okay to make a week fourteen by Like, that's like, do you're not helping anybody?
Speaker 1: Also, this is a this is a more like GM perspective of this. Yeah, okay, so look at the Detroit Lions, look at the Philadelphiagles. How many first rounders do they have starting other defense of the.
Speaker 2: Offense, half of it overhead?
Speaker 1: It's a lot, right, it's a lot of people. How many draft picks that we have are still here from the last regime that are playing.
Speaker 4: One hand, we got one that's there here, then one he ain't playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Cosby Forbes.
Speaker 2: Terry before, so.
Speaker 1: Paid is before, pain is before before. So there is a stretch here. This is not an indictment of anybody, just it's an observation. Okay, a three year stretch where usually you're supposed to influx of talent. You nothing, nothing's been added. It's been a barren garden, and so we've just kind of replanted the garden. You know.
Speaker 2: It's they grow in trees in the desert, and that gray's because he's rainy.
Speaker 1: So that's what we're growing in. Right. It was a desert before now we're here.
Speaker 2: He turned into a rainform.
Speaker 1: And so think about all the free agent decisions, all the draft picks that are playing a lot right now, that's all good stuff, but the lack of depth, like like when you watch Detroit, they got a first round running back, they got a free agent running.
Speaker 2: Back, number one picket quarter number one.
Speaker 1: Picket quarterback, their offensive line. I think there's three four first round.
Speaker 3: Picks, three first rounds in a two second round and at a priority free agent.
Speaker 1: Like their talent. They got two first round receivers. They've got a lot of talent that they've developed, the debate and nurtured. And you know what they didn't do. They didn't do that in twelve games. I'll tell you that right now. Think about them three years ago.
Speaker 4: Three years ago, they us the team is going to show themself. Nobody wants to play, I knowing that they're gonna get to the playoffs and it's gonna be an early exit.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: They got back to the playoffs when they limit Father. Now they're in the playoffs with Super Bowl on, they mid this's the order of things and and so.
Speaker 1: Again I just wanted to point that out, like twelve weeks it's not enough time to install a culture. It's not enough time.
Speaker 2: I can't even put a roof on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to build a to build a roster, you know, like what kind of everyone talks about, Like if you want to certain culture, you gotta bring those people in. Yeah, we had one offseason to bring people in. And so again I just want to again, hater Jason, that is a that's a terrible lease.
Speaker 4: Think about these culture. You bring guys in, you give by a guy a chance to bring I think Bobby Wagner has been a godsend, Frankie Luvu has been a godsend. Jammy Chen has been playing.
Speaker 2: Out of his listen.
Speaker 1: And so that's what I'm saying, is like the staff, the coaches think about much better defenses playing, Think about the offensive line, how much better they exceeded expectations?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, everyone's playing better than we fought.
Speaker 1: Ain't think about it.
Speaker 2: You got Noah Brown the week of the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, come on, So, hater Jason, obviously you've got a lot of wives, a lot of wives, and I know you looked up their word to see what's Travis sham?
Speaker 2: Mock it is? Is it a word half true?
Speaker 6: It's a made up word from a beer commercial, Travis sham?
Speaker 1: What does it mean? What does it mean? But it hasn't a sham and a mockery?
Speaker 2: So he was all of it.
Speaker 8: All right, Yo, hater Jason, I got one more. We've been exposed and I gotta work for you. We've been exposed.
Speaker 9: So yep, so season's over. Everybody knows that we're a Travis Sham mockery. So seven seven wins will have eleven losses. Season's over.
Speaker 6: I'll check back in next year. Maybe we'll be good.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe we should have hater Jason. Check it next year.
Speaker 2: Anyway, just about here and hated Jason.
Speaker 1: We just missed him.
Speaker 2: To where that got for you? Simply crazy you everybody didn't believe this.
Speaker 4: We still got We're still in the playoff picture. They got division leaders and people in the hunt. And guess who were in the hunt?
Speaker 1: We are?
Speaker 2: Guess who have a winning record after twelve game?
Speaker 3: We do?
Speaker 1: What's what's Baltimore's record? Right now?
Speaker 2: It in for I wonder who is close to the record. Nobody shot that.
Speaker 1: I thought that was the best team in football for a while. The lost Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Browns, didn't We beat the brown all right?
Speaker 1: What with Jamis?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 2: James is? God said he's so funt of Mike and James face and call me.
Speaker 1: He gives you a run for your for your He give you a run for your No, if.
Speaker 2: I get excited for jacib brought up in the church, you know.
Speaker 4: Just when I see James, I just instantly start cry like that, dude is please, dude.
Speaker 1: I want more James. I showed my son the video of him before they come out the fielders so blessed. I'm so blessed to be here in Cleveland in the show playing football in the NFL, and I was like that, I know, I don't know if that's real, but that is the realest thing.
Speaker 4: This dude is an idiot, be honest and listen, just God said, I mean all of them in my life.
Speaker 2: You know what, every time that you throw that that way, I'm just gonna throw a jamis mean everything. You know, God has put me here to do this.
Speaker 1: So is the season over though?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I mean the season just starts in November.
Speaker 1: No, Man. Has the team got through a tough patch?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, they were supposed to.
Speaker 1: Doesn't every team go through a tough patch?
Speaker 5: Bro, we had to win five again in the playoffs. One year, we we lost foe one year just before we got to the playoffs. I mean, I've been in I've been on playoff teams that had spurts and had droughts, and this would always been the same season.
Speaker 2: You know what, I mean so that's just like I said, what it did to us.
Speaker 5: It built character, It built something that as a team that we could never say that it would have happened if he wouldn't had went through that.
Speaker 2: And sometimes this stuff is needed.
Speaker 5: I feel like, if you go through a game all pieces and cream, I mean, go through a season pieces in cream, when you get to the postseason, you.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna know what to expect. That it's a whole nother league then ye.
Speaker 1: So yeah, who we got left? We got Tennessee left, we got we got Saints, we got.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, cow Boys and Philly.
Speaker 1: Say, all those are veriable games.
Speaker 4: I can say, let's not pick the wins, but every last one of those games can be won.
Speaker 2: It can be loud.
Speaker 1: And that's why the schedules right, because you got to play it. I s to ask you last night. He's like, yo, Daddy, like why did why did the competitors lose to the Cowboys? And the Cowboys work good? He asked me that question and he doesn't really follow football, and I was like, well, that's why you play the game. Yeah, because you gotta you gotta show up, you gotta win. And I think like you can put all. You could put the Chiefs the bill, you can put whoever's off the schedule. Yeah, it's not over till you play it.
Speaker 4: Come on, the Panthers almost beat the tendency. You won't talk about the divisional game stuff. How about what Tennessee did to Houston. Nobody, nobody gave Tennessee a chance. I will the mayonnaise man Libbys went right down there and beat them, all right, so anything can happen.
Speaker 5: And just to his you know, to something that he mentioned about whatever the hater dude said. I don't think that was Jason, but it was somebody who hates just like him. But no, he said, you know it's it's seventy five. Now we're gonna end the season eleven and seven. You know he'll see us next year or eleven or seven and eleven. Yeah, you're right, he'll see us next year. You have to think about it. The last three games that we play, which we have three, three l's play two of the best defenses. One of them was a divisional opponent, and then this this past we was a diviensional opponent, which I'm sure that these guys ain't going there and look past them. You have to play every game. Every game is not it's no game. Oh, it's a given. I feel like at times when you listening to some of the different things you hear throughout the radio sport, but that's because they don't play the game and they never play players.
Speaker 2: We understand that. So we don't get too high.
Speaker 5: When you see the Cowboys coming in, you kind of scratch your head and say, oh boy, this could be one of them games.
Speaker 2: And we don't necessarily call the trout.
Speaker 5: We just says this could be a game when they play their best, because we know, especially coming in off a five game losing streak, these teams don't give us everything they had, and they did just that.
Speaker 2: So I love what I'm being seeing from these guys.
Speaker 5: One of the things we've seen fight and you can go anywhere the team that's gonna fight. And so I'm gonna rap these guys because I know that long as they get over the hump with what they're going through offensively, which I feel like is just something minor, we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what we felt yesterday leaving that stadium as a fan base, we felt just the way they felt after you mouth still on your Cowboy Killer game, the same feeling they walked out of that stadium feeling we had this game was ours. We were supposed to beat them and we didn't. That's the magic of rivalries. Two kickoff returns that rarely ever happens with one, a right punchs block field goals block.
Speaker 2: That game was scranged from the beginning.
Speaker 4: But what we're doing as a fan base is we're letting at RG three pt x D again.
Speaker 2: Then what we're doing.
Speaker 4: Where we're letting the pass dictate the future. These guys have nothing to do with our past, nothing to do with it. If y'all want to blame us three here, that's fine, a right, we'll stand up take.
Speaker 2: But these are these new guys. They have nothing to do with their past.
Speaker 1: So hater is he still here? Because those are some of the worst hater takes we've had. We've had a lot about stupid, irrational I guess yeah, we're back, Producer, Jason.
Speaker 6: You guys always level me out, not in the flat earthway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bring back.
Speaker 2: And I like how you like fat chick out of words. I say this stuff. You don't fat chick anybody. I want to see your.
Speaker 1: Check. Yeah he's a couple of times. My words are real though.
Speaker 2: Yeah he found check y'all hat his bleep minds out.
Speaker 3: All right, So now that we're going to throw all that hate, ma, NFL gotta wash yourself off.
Speaker 1: You got all right? Now, we got Tennessee preview because the game this week we do giving week, but we got the game. Yeah, let us see, all right, How know how much Tennessee you've watched, but I have.
Speaker 2: I've watched some Tennessee now.
Speaker 1: So first off, they're like the number one ranked defense in the NFL some days, and yards allowed per gameber one in passing yards, ubbur nine and rushing yards. You're what they're bad at their twenty seventh ranked points per game. But all those other metrics they.
Speaker 4: You know why because they offense turned the ball over in bad situation. They special team have two that leads to short scores for them. But if you think this is a team that you're gonna line up and go eighty yards back to back to back on, this ain't that team.
Speaker 2: In the middle. They got a bulldog Jeffery Simmons in there. He loved to eat.
Speaker 4: They got sweat in the middle of the Yeah, he's a load you're talking about Keith Murray having a season that leading the team in tackles at the linebacker position. They can rush the passer. They got Landry An back and he can rush the pass. Defensive backfield, they're all playing, well, this is a defense they need to be ricking with.
Speaker 1: Defensive Cordor came from Baltimore last year, so they kind of running all that Ard Walker. Yeah, that that Mike McDonald. You know, zone pressure, crazy blitzes.
Speaker 2: Well, coach fast the Baltimore coach went at one of the coordinators.
Speaker 1: He was one of the court he was a defensive backs coach, past game coordinator. He's a defensive coordinator here. Obviously Mike McDonald's the head coach, and so but this is an offshoot and I was I was watching the defense yesterday, kind of buzing some clips and I got to the first third down and I was like, what the heck is this? And then I had to look him up because I was like, only a couple of people run this, and I was right, it was Mike McDonald's. But yeah, so you know, they kind of do these simulated pressures, these crazy overloads.
Speaker 2: I've ben say show overloads and all.
Speaker 1: Kinds of they do it at a different person.
Speaker 4: Mind tricks is what I call it. They're trying to They play most quarterbacks like if they are rookies. They're going to make you identify where's the pressure coming from, and right when you think you know where the pressure is coming from, and throw hot, they got somebody sitting there right in the window.
Speaker 1: It's exactly right.
Speaker 2: It's one of them things, though.
Speaker 5: Man, you get teams like this, and I feel like the last what five six weeks, we've been facing a defense that's.
Speaker 2: Strong, you know what I mean, and it's time to rise.
Speaker 5: But I think this is one of those games where you can honestly say you're gonna hear it all week long going into this week what we just showed. Everybody's gonna doubt us to go up against this defense and play any better.
Speaker 2: But this is the team.
Speaker 5: This is the team that's gonna get us to get get us back into what we do best, you know what I mean. Find a game plan that's going to be efficient enough where we can take advantage of some of the things the Cowboys did to our defense. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be some things out there there. They leaving that they leaving wide open for people to take advantage of. And if you come in here on the high which they're on a high horse right now after taking you know, taking down Houston like they did this past weekend, we got to be a team that's mentally focused on what we've been saying for the while.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Worry about us, Yeah, we worry about us. May don't matter who you bring it here.
Speaker 5: You could bring the damn THEMN Chicago Bears that one back with Mike dick a play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who cares worry about you? Hending you? And we should come out of Victorias one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: They're good up front, like Fred said, I think he did a great job kind of going through all the position groups. They're fast, they're really really fast linebacker people don't know really there are a bunch of you is a guy, yeah, and so they got some good pass rushers. But I think they're like they're a defense when you watch it, that's fun to watch because they're better together that they would in an individual individual. Right, they really get the system. You can tell they're really well coached. But so that that group's good. But I do think you know one thing that I'm excited about is this is the same style of defense at the Bioby Dolphins play. And Jay got to see this already during preseason. You get to see a version of this, so heh go the version of it.
Speaker 4: This is how he needs to know that he will understand is like you say, it's a zone blitz concept. Zone blitz concept usually had to build a choice against running quarterbacks because people they still can get to their overloads, how they can get to their five plus rushing situations with doubt taking their out for the Russia. Now, what the weakness is his own bliss and defense is screams, screens and draws, because that's short delay. You can over rush, you can over pursue. It's always lanes open. With a quarterback like jayde Daniels, he can hit some of those lanes, especially if you run in the right RPOs. Now, that's what it ain't good against RPOs if those backers get sucked in on that run.
Speaker 2: You're talking about big old windows.
Speaker 4: That you can throw too, like y'all had with Shanahan when y'all was running that offense very much.
Speaker 2: So going against his own bliz defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think it's gonna be a challenge. Yeah, but I think, like what's Tedda said, It's like I have a lot of faith and Cliff, a lot of the faith of the offensive staff, a lot of faith and Jay that they're like competitive dudes. They're gonna get right death and so like, while this is a challenge, I think they're gonna be ready. I think the area that they're probably the weakest, that it's kind of an interesting group to watch is the offense. Right, Their offense is an interesting group to watch. They don't really have a true through double one playmaker on the outside.
Speaker 2: They got you don't feel like Kevin Ridley.
Speaker 1: I know they So I played with Calvin, I said Atlanta. He is a special route runner. He's a special stop start guy. I think he's very very good and he's they're treated black a number one. He's got a high target volume, he's fighting exposive plays. So yes, I'd say he's that guy, right, Dick West Perkakita's got a couple of supposed to plays he got that night.
Speaker 2: He got the longest reception that Yeah, Taylor, you ever went in eighty eight? Never ever? What's your longest of all time? Eighty five?
Speaker 1: I believe I'm talking about count high school college.
Speaker 5: Somewhere somewhere in the eighties night at every level, I went eighty something. I never went nineties, like every because I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: It's a dB.
Speaker 2: When we like, stop y'all and he's like on the three out of two.
Speaker 5: The first thing we are thinking is I can't get beat for ninety. I quught a post my rookie year at UM. Yeah, my freshman year at UM. Quught a post inside the five going out?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And as I'm catching it against Syracuse Donovan Darius, that's none the safety. He hit me so hard, like but I split both of them and I was like just when I would get ready to open up one and I got up and like do it again. But I was so crunk, you know what I mean. He came in, I'm gonna do it again, you know the next time. My damn, this show. That was my one that was gonna have ninety, you know what I'm saying. And I didn't expect to even be in that moment. You know, that's scared situation to death. It's a cornerback, like we're playing all go. So if you ever decide the fire. Just run comeback, Just run a fifteen yard comeback. It's always what's crazy is I had a slip screen for eighty something against Kansas City my first year five.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I ran a slip screen based on so I did all the running quarterball right now it is gone.
Speaker 2: But ya, I can't. I can't. Who had a ninety nine one you say.
Speaker 1: Last week? Yeah? Yeah. So this is what I say is they've got a young offensive line. They've got Peter Scarotski a guard. They've got what's his David from Baba j C. Latham right Brodskill deal Ru Dunn's who's kind of was a former first round draft pick and.
Speaker 3: Offensive line coach, the father of the head coach, Yeah, Bill kellahean Bill Brian's the son Bill Callahan.
Speaker 1: And that group is playing better and they're pretty physical. So this is the thing I'm worried about is the offensive line is pretty good good. Yeah. They can move you off the spot. They're big, and they're physical. They run a lot of traps and kind of counters and whams and stuff like that, which we've had a hard time fitting. That's why I father, Yeah, So can we stop the run? Right if you can stop the run and put the ball in Will Levis's hands. He will make bad decisions. However, he also can throw the football a million miles in the air.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I don't like quarterbacks like with muscles. They don't they don't use.
Speaker 1: You can throw it far though, And that brings us to our next segment, which is it's a new segment, Risk It for the Biscuits, presented by Marshall McNeil, an Agency, your partner in risk and people strategies, Risk in people's strategies. Yes, how to litigate the ri So the reason we're bringing up there is because the big variable here is Will Lemons. In my opinion, we talked about the offensive line. They're playing better. He holds the ball a long time in the pocket. But if you watch the Houston game, explosive play to the tight end, explosive play to Calvin Ridley, explosive play to Nick Westbrook, Akeena and I'm talking like chunks, like seventy yard chunks plays. Can you keep that in front of you because when they don't do that, they don't score. Yeah, they're not super efficient. They can run the ball relatively effectively, but like they don't score because eventually, you know, the running game gets stuffed. It's second to ten. He's going to hold the ball too long, doesn't get the ball out right. So that to me is the thing, And I don't know, I don't know how you handle that because again, like I feel like our defense is done such a good job of kind of keeping anything. Yeah, right, bed, but don't break like you're always talking about Tedda, you know, but it's gonna be a challenge.
Speaker 2: Well, the question is does mayonnaise on a biscuit taste good? Because it don't.
Speaker 1: Have you tried it?
Speaker 2: No, but my kids, but no, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: This is the thing when you can say, as a defense, we want to put it in the quarterback hands so then we can win this everything this everything to us on how we view you as a team.
Speaker 1: But by what the thought is like, do you have to put more resources to stopping the rud because of the types of ruds that they do, rug.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to do that to stop the run because you want to make them one dimension.
Speaker 1: But then you get that those cover ones structures where those exposive players are borrow.
Speaker 4: Hopefully you got your new sports car, the ladd them more three thousand that you're ride me in, you know, go put him on ridle.
Speaker 2: You know, you take care of that. Like, so if are we gonna have a new toy to play with ourself? Is the question?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Or do you let him wait until after the buy, because I mean it's probably you.
Speaker 4: Know, you know what I would want to address him, and I would want to say, let's start the process. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, But I understand what you're saying. Just freshly come on back for this playoff run. I understand what you're saying, but I think I would want to get him out there so.
Speaker 1: He can go and get into me.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure he chopped at the bitch too.
Speaker 5: I mean, but I honestly to believe also when you get a guy like that them on in the defense, change the whole total defense, everything, everything that multiple thing that we've done, it's gonna it's gonna switch up. We're gonna be able to do some of the things that we haven't done yet or we have tried and wasn't you know successful with.
Speaker 1: Ye think about it.
Speaker 4: When I say forced multiplier, he makes not only his spot better, Sham is still being able to move inside make us.
Speaker 1: Better at the nickel.
Speaker 2: But what you put him in the inside, he's doing so well.
Speaker 4: I would because now I'm maximizing every position. I want to maximize every last one of them.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a package. I mean, it just gives you fle just give me.
Speaker 5: We've been rotating those guys pretty well too, and it just gives me a chance to really say, now, this is what my defense looks like.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: It ain't nobody I'm scared to go against because I have an erase on every level. And see, we hadn't had that eraser at the cornerback position because I feel like the safeties have been playing at a good level. But we got a racist at linebacker, we got a racist at d line, but at that corner we was lacking Daddy Raser and now we got them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what I'd say is be patient, be patient, be patient, may full of us throw the ball. That's what I would say, and hopefully we get that done. So that's it. That's risking it for the biscuit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm all in for the biscuit.
Speaker 1: Are well? You know.
Speaker 2: They are stayed for in Mississippi, So I know, are you?
Speaker 4: Biscuits are part of a breakfast a bit shtore, like breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
Speaker 2: Like I could eat breakfast all day long, and it ain't nothing like going like down South, pip Pee says, breakfast.
Speaker 4: You know here they don't sell it. Bro Yes, and they got these biscuits called eye poppers.
Speaker 1: Eye poppers yes, okay, like pie peees.
Speaker 2: I popped behind it there. But guess what they just So there's nothing like an egg cheese biscuits.
Speaker 1: You like biscuits and gravy.
Speaker 2: No, he like a he like a white gravy biscuit eating.
Speaker 4: No, I like I like the original, Like I said, I'm such a breakfast guy, like I enjoy a good like that's why I go to milk and honey all the time. So not free advertising, Well you never know they might come and get advertising. And now we all got free milk and honey all the time, and they got grits.
Speaker 2: By the way, thank you milking honey.
Speaker 1: All right, so that's going to lead us to our last and final segment.
Speaker 3: Yes and fad favorite segment Hell yeah or hell yeah? All right, no, no, this is simple short one this week, guys, give it to me ready, full blast. This is the game or Washington gets back on track.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, Hell no, hell yeah, don't believe it.
Speaker 4: You put it out there in the air because it got there. We got to get over the hump at one two. I don't like the colleague get right game because every game is a get right game.
Speaker 1: Our call it is getting.
Speaker 2: Back to the norm. Yeah, getting back to the norm.
Speaker 1: Do we get back to the norm? Yes?
Speaker 4: A couple of reasons we all levis if we put the battle in his hands enough, he'll give us some chances.
Speaker 2: You gotta take advantage of those chances too.
Speaker 4: We have to get back to, like I said, just clean ball, don't We ain't got changed, nothing to do nothing, drastic clean football.
Speaker 2: And we got a legit chances to win this game.
Speaker 5: I'm not even saying we got to because of who they got. I think we get caught up on that because we came into this game this past weekend talking about Cooper Rush can't do this.
Speaker 1: Picked.
Speaker 5: So we get back to what we do best by, like I said, checking ourselves, checking ourselves in the mirror.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Those guys spoke on the last week, but they really got to look at it this week.
Speaker 5: I guarantee. Everybody who spoke about it last week didn't look in the mirror. So this week they got to look in the mirror because yeah, your damn live to everybody. And so you told us you were looking yourself in the mirror, and it's gonna play better. And not to say they didn't play well, they did it, just they didn't finish. You gotta finish, man, And this is what this league is made up. You can you can hang around with everybody, but if you ain't finishing them, you ain't putting them to sleep and put them to rest. They're gonna stick around and they're gonna do what they've done. So that's how we get back. You finish and you win outright. Stop playing these games.
Speaker 1: Could have said it better myself, man, Like, I think that's exactly what we're looking for here. And I don't have any good reason why Tennessee played really well last week. You have they played bad prior of the week. That whoos what t you're gonna get? Yeah, we gotta control. We can control everybody. The best best foot forward. Let's with this scale, let's get back, let's get off the stunt. Yeah all right, now, maybe the most important question of the year. Okay, mashed potatoes with gravy is the goat of Thanksgiving sides.
Speaker 2: No, say no to the no no, who thought of that?
Speaker 4: Like, come on, you can get messed potato three hundred and sixty five days a year.
Speaker 2: Like the one thing about mess potato is universal.
Speaker 1: Okay, all rightout shout shout. So what is the best slide? Like if it's not mashed potatoes?
Speaker 2: All right, macaroni and cheese are collar green happen?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You love your just say that? Like now he go to questions do you consider dressing a entree?
Speaker 1: All? Side to side.
Speaker 2: Dressing is the best side of all time. I love my mac and cheese. I love my cali greens, my cabbage green, I love it all my names.
Speaker 1: But I'm telling you like this, Yeah, it's like potatoes potatoes.
Speaker 4: It's all about the dressing because I love it with the white grave, I make the ghiblet gravy, and boy, let me tell you I top it out with the cranberry sauce.
Speaker 2: You want to see Fred smile?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just just straight dressing, Just straight dressing with crayberry sauce and gravy.
Speaker 2: And white gravy on it.
Speaker 4: Yes, this hands down, would you said, ghiblet gravy, ghiblet white graves, the stuff that they made from the gravy. I will make you something to the postle house. What's in the gravy well, basis of white chicken based gravy. Now, some people put the giblets from the gibble, that's what. But I like to put my with chicken with breast milking in it.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: You know where I bring you something, brother, so, but no mashed potatoes are the empty side of creamy going to.
Speaker 2: Kentucky fried chicken. But you're gonna cut it out everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's just like I like nothing white creepy, I.
Speaker 2: Said, any thought about Jason, get me.
Speaker 1: Listen any of what it is.
Speaker 2: But if you're going to say a side is the m v P, it's dress.
Speaker 1: Magaroni and so I love dressing. It's one of my favorite sides. To a friends giving at a friend's house.
Speaker 2: Throw a friendze giving, foul my friends, thanks.
Speaker 1: For having us over. Its awesome. They had a greed bead cast role there that was abasing. It was electric and they also had uh sweet potato. You know what I'm saying. Well, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know it had like it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't marshmallows, brown sugar like waldast that type of stuff. No, no brshmallows. That's how I usually. Yeah, but it was a basic and I was like, man, these are pretty.
Speaker 4: But see the screen bead Castle Road is kind of like the bj Mscrown Over Championship team.
Speaker 2: You're not Joydan, You're not pick. We need you to win. But but you know what, I could easily get a giant packs in the sun.
Speaker 5: So basically saying the screen bean cast Road is made for that garbage can because you shine.
Speaker 1: You say you need the Steve Kerr. Yeah, you did it, but but you.
Speaker 2: Don't need it more than you need pippot. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: All Right, I mean, I'm like this, if I got greens, don't put them screen beans around it.
Speaker 2: I'm a screen bean guy. But if I got greens, I won't.
Speaker 5: Don't put no other, no other, no other vegetable needs to be on my plate. Yeah, if I got greens.
Speaker 4: Now, I hate people that invite me to their house and they say do you want screen beans?
Speaker 2: And I look at the screen beans and they just screen bean yeah, yeah, Like I.
Speaker 4: See you took this out the can and you put it in Thanksgiving. Yeah, come on, man, you got to you gotta like you gotta do something to it.
Speaker 1: Man. Also story to this friends Giving and my wife was like, oh, I want to bring a cast role without thought I'm talking about by the castrole and then a solad and then it's a vegetables so it's also like broccoli whatever. So she got it. She picked it up from Whole Foods brought to the house. I was expecting like a medley, carrots, you know, broccoli, b whatever said there, and it was literally all root vegetables. So it's just like root of bank. It's just like carrots, like sweet potatoes, and it was all orange and so by the end of the night was squash. By the end of night, everyone had picked picked through. The whole thing was completely full. No one touched that.
Speaker 2: How do you feel when you have to take a full plate after you brought it? I don't know how to feel.
Speaker 1: You're kind of rite it. You're like, who brought that? The Pulsing family like, come on, man, you.
Speaker 4: Can't to the people who do this constantly put like this. I always tell our family minimalism. If they didn't ask you to bring nothing, it's a reason why don't bring it. Don't bring nothing. And if you ever think that you need to brain something, bring plates.
Speaker 1: All right, And I got a question for you guys, because it tis the season, it's Thanksgiving. Do we have any good thing ex giving? Yeah? Turkey ball story.
Speaker 4: Y'all don't want to hear my mines? No more, y'all claim over the last seven years, I haven't told them.
Speaker 1: All, so we gotta we got a larger audience. So we've got a larger audience. Stuff Fred for the people who haven't heard the story.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hit it. Yeah, excuse me, I'm sorry, that's just how I feel.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but you gotta do what you just You just told Jason do it. You said you got so Jason was it was propped to this. He was like, oh, well, I'm the leading receiver. See we got this.
Speaker 4: We got this place that we used to play football at when I was young. It's not an actually church. We call it the church because we call it the gospel where football started. And if you go back to Jackson, Mississippi, right now, at this one universal place that has been been playing football there for sixty plus years. I am the all time leading Russia receiving and interception leader.
Speaker 1: At the church of all time.
Speaker 4: I've rushed for over six and a half mine, I've received for over ten miles, and I also got over one hundred plus interceptions at this church place, ranging from my age of nine years old. I played my last church game at eighteen.
Speaker 2: We're talking about us. That's enough, even our stories. Man, This dude, the same dude that labeled a pair of lips to tell a lie.
Speaker 1: He just told you just make that up on the spot.
Speaker 2: He had to know this is really give at this side. First time, the first time he told this story that was added in the.
Speaker 1: First time, you did it. You did it wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I'm there, seeous.
Speaker 4: If you talked to the end of my homeboy's person d anybody that they will tell you.
Speaker 2: I am man.
Speaker 4: I just say the all time leading tackler, the all timely Russia receiver and interception.
Speaker 1: Lea Lord.
Speaker 3: Was probably six six and a half at the inception over over eight years, Fred No, yes, over eight years.
Speaker 1: I think Dereck Henry does that like progresses for a.
Speaker 4: Right now, Derek Hearing in the league. Got probably ten thousand yards. That ain't ten thousand yards don't equal No, five miles.
Speaker 1: There's five thousand children and eighty feet in a mile. Yeah, how many feet are the yard? Forgot?
Speaker 2: You're talking to the nerds. I forgot. I'm talking to brother who.
Speaker 1: There's thirty thousand feet?
Speaker 2: Be talking, man.
Speaker 1: You ain't known to stop me from saying.
Speaker 2: I rushed for final over six and a half mins.
Speaker 1: Six that's six miles. Actually, I think that's exactly six miles.
Speaker 2: How many is it, Jason?
Speaker 1: It's like, Jason, come on, it's you.
Speaker 4: Can't start doing something. See, that's what I'm saying. It's a bias here because if it was me bringing up a work, you looked it up.
Speaker 2: I'm trying not to fact. Thank you.
Speaker 6: I'm letting this one slow.
Speaker 2: You want to trick you are will First of all, we're talking to Paul.
Speaker 4: You want to get some small to polishers in these There are way way this one. Yeah, That's what I'm telling y'all. So at the end of the day, I don't trust anything.
Speaker 1: Well, so that's gonna do it for our show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because and I do. I want to look like you like you what he's shoe if he's gonna do it by show, but you can look it up. Yes, I roused for like six and a half miles.
Speaker 1: Now it's a half. That's a half a lot six and a half. All right, anyway, we'll look it up and leave a comment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so uch a turkey bo store.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, leave a good one anyway. This is always fun. Happy Thanksgiving. Appreciate you guys listening. We're very thankful for you. The audience and the people that comet and support us make this show so much fun to do. If you like this show, please share it with a friend like a subscribeer if you get your podcast. If you want to see your ugly faces, check us out on YouTube. And that's gonna do it for today's show, Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Hashtag Pumpkin is not food.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.