Speaker 1: Contrary to what you may think, respect is not earned, it's demanded.
Speaker 2: We are masters of our universe. We willingly participate in everything we experience, right because at any moment, you can tell somebody you know what I've done with this, I'm walking. We're also surrounded by some pretty incredible care pretty cool because yeah so so. I don't know if it's fair to use our life as the exactly, but I'd like to think that we're the cool Gayans.
Speaker 1: Or the guns organization. Cleanliness and good smells can really change the space and as a result, your mood or level of inspiration reach.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Communications key amazing. Everybody knows how to talk to you. Guys, How the fuck do you listen? Because I've fucking failed for thirty years.
Speaker 2: I can I believe the fifth Here somebody gives you know that if you if you cry, I cry, so chill.
Speaker 1: Launch.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody to in our own world. Today's episode is not just another stop on our journey. It's a celebration of someone who has been my co pilot, not just here but in life. Emily, my partner, my love, my greatest friend. This episode is all about you turning thirty is a milestone, but it's not about the number. It's about the life you've lived so far, and m the life that you've created is extraordinary. You're a brilliant musician, a fiercely kind soul, a super annimal lover, an incredible granddaughter, daughter and postisa granddaughter, and the person who fills every space you enter with light and laughter for almost because we're not quite there. Next week we will be, but we're not quite there. For almost eight years, I've been lucky enough to walk alongside you, to see every beautiful, messy, raw and incredible part of who you are. So today we're not just celebrating your thirtieth birthday. We're celebrating the incredible you, everything you've been, everything you are, and everything I know you'll become. I love you, baby, Happy thirty, and thank you for being you. She's crying already.
Speaker 1: Give her a second, give her a second, too much, And I'm.
Speaker 2: So happy to say I'm the first person who said happy thirty.
Speaker 1: Thank you, ah too much?
Speaker 2: How do you feel.
Speaker 1: Overwhelmed? You know, interested in how humans fixate congratulating ourselves with another year, but very happy, thank you?
Speaker 2: A little bit sad Okay, we're going to talk about it, really somebody, because you know that if you if you cry, I cry, so chill.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, either way, I'm going to change the subject because the point is that thank you for that amazing intro. My god, somebody.
Speaker 2: Else, it's okay, I think this is what happens when you turn thirty.
Speaker 1: It's too much somebody else, so for real, Oh my god, I have an actual tear.
Speaker 2: No, there's no, there's like five It's okay. That's good. Maybe you're doing great.
Speaker 1: I'm also very old.
Speaker 2: Okay, why don't you wait, hold on, don't push past it. Why don't you talk us through what you're feeling right now?
Speaker 1: I felt it when I was twenty five, just like age, you know coming upon you. I don't know, because I always feel very young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you are no, no.
Speaker 1: Like in spirit and like in the way that I act, But I feel the the years coming. So don't take it for granted. You know, if you're twenty one, twenty two, whatever, like you know, you're growing, but you're still so young, like you know, understand that and take that moment and stride, learn to grow. And speaking of today, it is my fucking birthday, So I'm taking over. So Gem knows that I am riding my bike more often, which is something that I really know that it's a value to what I need to be as a human being, like moving my body, being more in tune with exercise and things like that is something that is very valuable to me. Speaking of which she inspired me to come with you guys today with a list of so far thirty things I have learned in my thirty years. What do you think. There's a lot of things that we learn as the years go by, and I'm thirty, but there are way more than thirty things that I have learned in my time on earth so far. But what I encourage everybody to learn is the first thirty things that come to mind. And like I mentioned about riding bike when I went on my bike this morning, which is something that I do often and Gem supports me with anyway, the point is that I have there are a lot of things that you learn when you get a little bit older. And I'm not old yet, I'm only thirty, but on the way there the things that stick in your mind the most. Like for example, this morning, I told Jim, well, I'm gonna get on my bike. I'm gonna see what comes to my head first, and that's what I want to share with you guys today. So, in an effort of time, happy thirtieth birthday to me, and welcome to thirty things that M has to share with you so far on her thirtieth year on the planet. Welcome, thank you. I'm excited anyway. So let's start with number one in order of importance. It's always better to be behind the beat as a drummer, I know what you mean exactly. This is my number one for a reason. As any kind of musician, or whether you're recording or playing in a band or anything like that, if you have an option. When you're playing right, you get excited. Inherently, you're always playing like faster right. It's always better to be behind the beat than ahead of it. So like a non.
Speaker 2: Musician version of that, or worse, lay back, lay back.
Speaker 1: It's always better to be behind everybody than I had just lay back in a beat. Like if the tempo is king, King, King, King, it's better to bear, it's better to be behind it than ahead of it. It's always better to be behind the beat. It's more swaggy everything you do in life. Love that all right. Number two, animals may not speak but have more important things to say than humans.
Speaker 2: I really feel that way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like we often are looking for animals to speak a language that we understand, but they have more to say inherently in the way that they act and the way that they move. That means a lot more to us humans than a language.
Speaker 2: I wish we could hear what they have to say for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we feel it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I sometimes I'm like, uh, if it could read your mind, But but yeah, I love.
Speaker 1: Okay. Next number three, it's not only okay to change, it's important to I was always afraid of changing. Actually that's kind of what we're here to do, so change. Any comment on that, baby, Yeah, but there was a saying that my mom used to say a lot when we were kids. With change comes gross. I don't think that if you come on this planet and you stayed exactly the same, you're doing what we You're making the best of it, exactly, okay. Number four, Contrary to what you may think, respect is not earned, it's demanded. You don't earn respect, like I'm sorry, girl, Like if you expect somebody to come around and be like, I see, I respect you just because you earned it. There's no kind of respect that's earned. It's something that inherently as a human being, you have to make sure that people respect around. Respect is like a boundary, I think, right, But there's like a saying that's like, oh, respectors earned. Like, no, girl, you have to make sure that people are respecting you. Yeah, exactly, all right. Next, this one's really kind of sad, but it's true.
Speaker 2: My thirty thirties, you've started this episode crying.
Speaker 1: I'd like to remind you, Oh you think I forgot I think so. No, I didn't. You could lose anybody or anything at any moment. Yeah, that's one of my big ones. They're like, oh, you know you're a widows, this that you know you're like expecting loss. No, girl, you're gonna wake up tomorrow, you're gonna get a call, and you lost a really close person in you.
Speaker 2: Also, it doesn't even matter how much you prepare for the loss. I think that no amount.
Speaker 1: Of preparation truly prepares you right at all for the person for the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, humans, I don't I don't care how many years you're on the planet. I don't think that it gets any easier.
Speaker 1: It doesn't at all. Well, there you go a little dark. But that's my number five. Okay, number six. Gem has really helped me with this one. There are a couple on the list that GEM has really helped with.
Speaker 2: I'm honored.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you put in your body is actually fucking important. Read ingredients. That's my part A for six. I have part A and part B. Okakay. Part A is what you put in your body is actually fucking portant. Read the ingredients. And part B is if you don't buy it and take it home, you won't eat it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a big one, GEM.
Speaker 2: Remember that. Oh my god. Here's what's been happening lately. Right, We'll have like rehearsals for the musicians, and then I'll buy these mini cokes for them because I know I all love co Cola, and then like twenty will be left arm Like I guess I have to drink them exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh, if you don't buy won't don't buy it, don't take it to your house, Okay, and also really value what you put in your body. You taught me that a lot Before I met Gem, I wasn't a vegan, which doesn't necessarily have to do with the health of your diet. Vegan, very unhealthy vegan, which which I hope to change this year and in my thirtieth year and in this new year, to give more intention into what actually I put into my body. Yes, verse, you know, just being a vegan diet, like, it's very different, very different. I can't wait, all right, next, you're ready, I'm ready. You're gonna believe this. Fun is underrated. Fun is so rated. Yes, I think you have to have fun at every moment you have, and I get in trouble for it all the time. And maybe sometimes I have fun when I shouldn't. But it's much better to do that than be fucking pissed if we could die at any moment, which is one of the things that I've learned. Fun is underrated. Like stop feeling so weird about laughing and feeling good and I don't know, liking things that you feel like you shouldn't like. Sometimes I feel about that, like, oh well, people are like they're doing their accountant job every day and they might be like having a wayward d about wicked or something you know, and it's like.
Speaker 2: We were thought about anything anything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Phone is underrated? Yeah, okay, next ready, I'm proud of this one. If communication is key, listening is the door. So people always say, oh, communication is love, communication is key, communication is key. Amazing, everybody knows how to talk to you, guys, How the fuck do you listen? Because I've fucking failed for thirty years?
Speaker 2: I can I leave the fifth here?
Speaker 1: No, you can be honest.
Speaker 2: It's my thirty it's your thirtieth birthday special, and this is about what you've learned. And I think that I've become a better listener in your process of listening.
Speaker 1: Wow, well we've both been learning. But that's also what love is. What we'll get to on probably twelve thirteen. But anyway, Yes, if communication is key, listening is the door. Listen, listen, listen, And to quote Quincy, my amazing godfather, who said, if God gave you two ears, it means that you need to listen twice as much as you speak. So please, everybody, let's shut the fuck Honestly, that's what I've learned. If I have something to learn, shut the fuck up, all right? Next?
Speaker 2: Right, you said after everyone like, did I get unready between the last te.
Speaker 1: I think you did?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Jim knows this about me. And this was imparted to me by my mother. Thank you, mom, and I thank you for this teaching because I really feel it. Boredom does not exist. Boredom does not exist. If you have a brain in your head, you best not turn to your parents and say I am bored. Go draw, go, think, go, write, go create. Maybe that's a weird thing to think of as a creative. I don't know how you feel about that.
Speaker 2: I think my grandfather used to tell me this thing. When I would stay at their house. I'd be like, ah, WELLO read that. He'd be like, I see man, mind you garla, Yeah, I don't do you very well?
Speaker 1: Well that's another way, and I would not talk to him about that.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, all right, message received, I should shut up and final way.
Speaker 1: That's the right message. But the learning is you have a brain in your head, create, draw, think, write something down. I don't know not even I don't think. I don't even think you have to take an action. I think you just go outside and watch nature. I think you learn a lot just by watching nature.
Speaker 2: Do its thing. A leaf turned bird comes to the tree, and what does it grab? What does it pick from? How long is it there? How does a bird open its mouth when it makes it sounds? You know, like, there's just so much you can learn just by.
Speaker 1: Looking around you and being plugged in being present, present exactly, which is a lot of the things that we disconnect from these days because of all the distractions we have, you know, yeahstly, Okay, next, I'm not going to ask you if you're ready, because I already know how you feel about that, Okay. People who create art speak their own language, like artists speak their own language. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think that I think artists are a very someone I don't know, someone that I came across on the internet said something that artists tend to be the deepest feelers because we process emotions maybe at a different intensity than the people around us, which is why we have to like do something with those emotions. Yeah, and I think that that kind of makes us like a certain kind of just a certain kind of person, you know, I just feeling a lot of things all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I don't know. Over the years, I've learned, even through we've talked about it, like dating people who maybe are maybe not that artistic, or maybe, in my case, like dating people who inherently are are are artistic, but are maybe not my sexual preference.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a turn.
Speaker 1: But we've talked about Okay, it's my thirtieth birthday special, I can't be real.
Speaker 2: No, please be real, Please be really? What is the What does the sexual preference have to do with the artists?
Speaker 1: I'm saying that inherently as a person, as a soul, I'm more connected to people who are artistic or can speak my language versus what their gender or their genitalia pursue. Which is why I feel like I can honestly say, well, I'm attracted to the person and not their gender because I feel like I speak the language of art more than the language of gender. You know, No, you're gay as fuck.
Speaker 2: Fix that. No, it's it's just poetic.
Speaker 1: Skincare is important, important, skin care is important. Moisturized moisture.
Speaker 2: Is this like things I've learned as a white basic thing? Is this things I've learned in the last thirty years or things that I'm going to start applying because I haven't done them.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not fair, just fair. I've been, like, you know, vehemently applying them little by little as we go once a week, you know, once every three weeks. Doesn't know. One can't preach them. I do moisturize, not as much as I should, but I have been moisturizing.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you for your However, often.
Speaker 1: He's my next one. Clearly it's on the line of what you would be talking about. Being soft doesn't make you weak. Playing the victim does. That's me. I am the first person to be like, Okay, maybe you need to be a little bit softer and the way you interpret things or the way you receive things in life, but that's not the tea. What makes you weaken life is putting yourself in the perspective of the victim or somebody who can't be approached or can't be resolved. Like, that's not the vibe. You need to open yourself to the situation. And for me personally, it's a very comfortable place to keep going into. Oh, these people are attacking me, you know, they're saying this about me, this that, Oh this hurts me. No, girl, get out of that perspective.
Speaker 2: That is not I mean, there's a way to hold there's a place and a time for holding space for the way that you feel. I'll get there shifting. You're funny, but I do think that there's value. And you find that you're the kind of person who in every story you tell you are always the victim, and it's always what's happening to me, and this person did this to me, and you don't take a beat and consider, First of all, everybody thinks they're the victim in their own story. But even if you take yourself out of that mentality and you say, okay, we are masters of our universe, we willingly participate in everything we experience, right, Because at any moment, you can tell somebody, you know, what I've done with this, I'm walking I'm walking away, whether it's a conversation, whether it's an experience, or like you know, an actual thing that's occurring. So if you allow yourself to slip into the pattern of like, this is this is happening to me? Not maybe I co created this experience, Right, that's I think what you mean, that's.
Speaker 1: The victim experience I'm talking about, Like, yeah, realizing that the human experience is one that inherently in the dynamic of relationships. You're always trying to place yourself as the one who's not you know, like doing.
Speaker 2: This, I feel valid herd you feel validain.
Speaker 1: But that's not the vibe. And I'll get there because one of.
Speaker 2: The onest episod be called what's the vibe?
Speaker 1: Okay, next, are you ready?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm going to really just have a hard time here. If that's you start every one?
Speaker 1: Okay. Emotions are real, but they often whisper lies to the soul. So yeah, what you feel may be really heavy and real and real. Your feelings are sensors, but they may be informing you of something that you don't want to apply to your life. And the way that it feels like sometimes I feel like like so hurt, so hard, so this, and it's like, take a breath. Apply your feelings to you? Does that make sense? No?
Speaker 2: What do you mean to apply your feelings to you?
Speaker 1: Separate your emotions and your feelings from who you are, and have that conversation with yourself. Not to immediately validate your feelings, but to place them where they belong. Yeah, which are not often where they speak to you from. That's what I meant. Your feelings are often liars. So place them where they belong, talk to them, learn them. You know, emotions are we real, but they tell you fucking lies. I'm telling you to tell you lies. All right. Next, Fear. We're on fourteen by the way, eel's halfway there. Fear itself will take away all you are afraid to lose.
Speaker 2: Some of these are poetic.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you I thought about them. Wow my bike ride.
Speaker 2: Repeat that one.
Speaker 1: Fear itself will take away all you are afraid to lose. So in the moments you spend being afraid, the moments you spend fearing what will happen right there, it's going to eliminate the possibility of that happening. Stop being afraid, Jump into it. Fear is the opposite of love, is the opposite of success, is the opposite of creativity. Fear is gnarly. And I'm thirty and I'm still afraid. But at least I see it. Yeah, we're getting there. You know, we'll see it at forty all right. Next, speaking a second language is a gift.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, speaking a second language is a gift.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I feel super lucky. I feel so lucky, not just not just to speak it but to understand it and to read it and to be able to consume culture through this other language.
Speaker 1: I love it. I know me too. Thank you, Thank you, Mom and Dad, thank you everybody, everybody.
Speaker 2: Miami, the city of Thank you to the City of Miami for making my Spanish the unofficial first.
Speaker 1: Okay, this one I attribute to you. Literally, I haven't.
Speaker 2: There's a couple there already that I'm like, I wonder where she got that thing.
Speaker 1: No, but this one says this has parentheses. Travel like a local. Thanks Jem. Jem has taught me, you know, hashtag nepple baby. I've traveled the world, you know, on tour with my mom's traveled. I've traveled on my mom and like doing all this stuff. And when I started traveling with Gem, She's like, let's travel like a local. Talk to local people and go to the restaurants they go, ask inquisitive questions. That's the way you see a country, and the way that you see a country is the way you see the world. And that's very valuable. So if you have the option to travel, travel like.
Speaker 2: A look, I love it.
Speaker 1: All right next the world, Oh, this is the love question that I was referencing the world depicts and romanticizes selfish love. True love is a selfless choice. So we're watching rom coms, We're watching all these crazy movies and love stories and things that were romanticize the perfect kiss, the perfect loss of your virginity, which never goes that way. It's like, I don't know mine was.
Speaker 2: I'm at least proud to say that i lost my virgin oa you were in love with the person, not I know. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I am always one of the lucky ones.
Speaker 1: That's great. But my point is, you know, like, you know, like you need to realize that in this world, the way that we are showing love and fed love even in movies, yeah, you know, it is something that's unattainable. And I feel like sometimes we have this kind of like I don't know, like rubric for how we need to fall in love and romance and oh you need to feel this way and feel that way and whatever. It's not like that love is actually a selfless thing. In movies, it's like, oh, this person makes me better? Does he love me? Does she love me? Does this? No?
Speaker 2: What can this person do for me?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: It's not like that.
Speaker 1: It's like I have my life, my world. I know who I am. I love myself and now I'm ready to bring you into that. And to be honest, when Gem and I met, that wasn't the case. No, I was almost the worst version of myself. No, I will say that, baby, But that's okay because the fact that I can say that I'm thirty and I've grown and learned with you by my side, I'm so glad that I got to do it with you then without you, And I think that that's why inherently I say it's a selfless choice, because the same way that I know that you've put up with my shit and my weirdness and everything that I've gone through, I've put up with your shit and your weirdness and your whatever. And as a result, were here almost ten years.
Speaker 2: Girl, chill, it's not even eight you or that she trying to give me another two years?
Speaker 1: No, next ten years.
Speaker 2: I'm thirty two.
Speaker 1: Clearly I try to make no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Ten years a girl? Eight years? Oh years.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how many times a savory your salty dish needs a pinc of sugar.
Speaker 2: A pinch of sugar. I thought you were gonna say salt.
Speaker 1: I just said, it's amazing how many times a savory.
Speaker 2: Or salt dishgar Oh yes, Oh, you're you're thinking about my free holdless, aren't you.
Speaker 1: First of all, you should tell people that. Why because that's a thing.
Speaker 2: Oh oh right, right, pretend you heard that.
Speaker 1: But yours more metaphorical, because it's true. Like I'm not the best cook in the world. You're pretty good, but it's hilarious when I do cook, I taste my food and often literally a pinch of sugar is literally what it needs. I'm talking about a pinch, and then I'm like, that's life. Just put a pinch of sugar on everything. Be sweeter, be nicer, Just bring more sweetness everywhere you go, even the saltiest of dishes. Need it? Trust me, that pasta that you love that I make? Huh how much sugar you think of putting it?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know, but now you're worrying me.
Speaker 1: A pinch of sugar. Sugar, there you go. You taught me that.
Speaker 2: I know, but I never put it on pasta. But yeah, sauces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, next, okay, truly cherish your time with your family. Put your phone down, put your phone down and cherish your time with your family, put it away, put your phone down and really be present. Present is whether it be your family, your friends obviously, which might with my family. I can say that with more confidence because I know that I've had moments where now that my Grandma's not here or people in my life that are not here. You know, I say, wow, I remember, I like zone in to those moments. I was present, but I feel like I would have been more zoned in. So just now that I know that technology is even more ahead of us and everything, just like, put your phone down, be present. Yeah, all right, next, Okay, this is a good one, and especially because we have a lot of friends now which you can speak a lot on this. Now, having the opportunity to watch or teach a child is a powerful responsible ability and an opportunity and also an opportunity to learn. Being around children is amazing. And I want to hear Jem's take on this because we have a lot of friends through her who have kids.
Speaker 2: And my take is no different from yours. I feel really lucky for the kids that are in our life, lives, in our life, and our joint life. Yeah, we're also surrounded by some pretty incredible kids.
Speaker 1: Pretty coolah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know if it's fair to use our life as the exactly, but I'd like to think that we're the cool gay.
Speaker 1: Ants were the guns. Okay, don't talk shit. If you really want to help somebody, say it to their face or keep it to yourself, you.
Speaker 2: Know I feel about that. Yeah, you don't need my take on that. I grew up in a family that is, like all is not any more or less dysfunctional than your average family, and our personal brand of crazy is we just say everything, which is at times pure disrespect, but I will say at least at least and I've learned to really appreciate this over the last few years. There's no guessing with my family. We just say how we feel, say how we feel, and express it, and we don't play games or talk, you know, behind each other's back. I'm a big fan of just saying it. I don't go to bed with like unset things in my chest. It doesn't feel good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, often times that you don't want to hear those offset things.
Speaker 2: But yeah, listen, I'm working a lot on my delivery. I'm working a lot on my delivery because none of the things that I say are untrue. They just could be said in a better way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, speaking of next and this one, I really feel what we're almost there at the age were how do you guys feel?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: It's pretty good?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: These are good?
Speaker 1: These are good. There's a few great things for real. Okay, lop, oh, you're gonna love this one.
Speaker 2: I love them all.
Speaker 1: I love you, I love you, thank you, Okay, next, thank you?
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't wait for this one.
Speaker 1: Almost I'm ready. Yeah, I'm sure you are enter here. Okay. Laughter really is an amazing medicine, and medicine can often be poison. Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yes, laughter really is amazing medicine, specifically because your body can't tell the difference between reality and fictions. If you smile, it thinks you're happy.
Speaker 1: Well maybe that's actually the biology of your body giving you the hormones and nuance that you need to be able to be happy in this fucked up world.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's exactly what I'm saying. Okay. But also I.
Speaker 2: Agree with you one hundred medicine is poison.
Speaker 1: I said often. I said, laughter really is an amazing medicine. Laughter is underrated, but medicine.
Speaker 5: Is overrated, like medicine, Western medicine, prescription chemicals, got it, prescription chemical by the way, alcohol, which I is not almost included included.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying, like things that are readily available, available to us, or like sold to us, like medicine, like alcohol. Like the things that people sell to us are often horrible. Yeah, horrible, horrible, horrible. But laughter, laughter is an amazing medicine, it is. Okay, we're in the home stretch, so we're gonna take a little break and then we're gonna do our last five. Oh okay, we'll go back. So we are going to finish up my thirty thirtieth thirties, thirties thirties.
Speaker 2: How do you feel I feel like this is an amazing collection and you should publish it.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, So moving forward, speaking of an amazing collection, We're gonna round this out. Mental health is just as important as physical health. Oh boy. What sucks is that a lot of people don't have access to the same care. In those two things are the money or just to have. So that's what I'm saying, Like most of the world doesn't have health care but to the lucky ones who do they have access to medical health care, mental health care should be just as accessible. It's just as important.
Speaker 2: I'm fucked up, okay.
Speaker 1: And because I'm being serious, I'm thirty, bitch. And because I have the money and the resources and the connections, I'm able to say, yeah, I can go to therapy every week if I want to. What if you can't, right, what if you don't you just can't? That sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's most people's experience.
Speaker 1: But mental health is just as important as physical health. Yeah, and that's where that whole thing happens. But anyway, for sure, what numbersis Wow, I feel like, are you skipping some No?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, because I don't know how are we moving through them?
Speaker 1: I'm just dancing through love. I'm dead, okay, all right? Twenty five Speaking of singing, singing is about storytelling and connecting, not hitting high notes and doing runs.
Speaker 3: Oh hold on, one.
Speaker 2: More time for the singers.
Speaker 1: TikTok, Cynthia, I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yes, I'm so tired of singing that the singing that's become like a sport of who can do what?
Speaker 3: But I'm feeling nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, straight up, thank you. Thinking it is about connecting. Thank you and thank you Cynthia. Hashtag wiged okay big next you swear they're paying you twenty six. If your grandparents slash parents are still around, film them telling stories. Wow, film them? Told me that telling stories. I told you that, right, you tell me that all the time. Put camera on in front of the people that you love that are going to be gone soon, and film them. I know my grandma's gone. I miss her every day. I have not, which I didn't have enough room on these cards to say how I haven't dealt with grief. Preach but it's not okay because I haven't dealt with grief. And one of the things is that I'm luckily enough, lucky enough to say that I had an opportunity to use the media and things that we have these days to capture something special about that moment that I had with my grandma. So if you're lucky to have your parents and your grandparents around, put a camera on film them. Yeah, just trust me, it's going to be so much more valuable than your tiktoks and your all those other things just to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so true. And you remind me all the time, So do it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the camera on. All right, we're almost done. Here we go, Yeah, yeah, okay, they're great. Organization, cleanliness and good smells can really change the space and as a result, your mood or level of inspiration. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: You know, as somebody who used to find comfort in a messy space, I think that the items around me occupying space made me feel like safe. But now I'm somebody who like the more organized the spaces, the better leader it is. Oh, it's just about energy, having room to move in, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also even the process of doing so.
Speaker 2: It's just oh, I love Yeah. Cleaning as a therapy is like great tool.
Speaker 1: Clean your places, organize your places.
Speaker 2: I hope you take that one with you home today.
Speaker 1: And as a follow up, repetition is the answer you've been looking for, just saying. If you're saying, oh, why can't I do this? Why is it my body changing? Why is it my voice changing? Why isn't my proficiency on my instrument changing? The answer is repetition. Period, That's it. Do it every day, do it every day. You'll get better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trust me.
Speaker 1: Repetition is the answer you've been looking for. All right, we're on our last two, babe. Oh no, are you ready? Oh my god, No, that was a joke, all right, second to last. Embarrassment is just as overrated and dangerous as boredom.
Speaker 2: And explain that one.
Speaker 1: Well, Boredom doesn't exist. Boredom is completely overrated. If you have a brain in your head, you can definitely find something to do with it, find something to occupy your time with. Uh huh, touch nature, embarrassment, write something I'm not saying the connection, Okay. Embarrassment is an emotion that we as people, especially me. I've lived a lot of my life up till now. You said thirty until thirty, right, this is one of my biggest ones. I spent a lot of my life limiting myself because of embarrassment. Don't sing, don't sing because it's embarrassing, you know, give your guitar to the guy because he's asking for it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Like I always felt like I was like lesser than or like embarrassed, or like felt weird about just like I don't know acting, for example, the small experience I've had with acting, like you have to kind of embarrass yourself, like that feeling that we associate with embarrassing ourselves is actually just exploring, you know, like when you see my last one, you're gonna understand why that was my second time, right, Because this is really what I feel in my thirty years on this planet, which I have so much more to learn and so much more to go. But the one overarching thing that I feel like runs through everything is be yourself. Because there's only one you, So why the fuck would you want to play anybody else?
Speaker 2: Yes, Like.
Speaker 1: There is there's only one you, and I'm fucked up and I'm weird, and I have so much to learn, but like, I don't want to be another role right now, Like I want to be me, Like be yourself, yeah, you know, as shitty as she is, as weird as she is, as much as she has to learn.
Speaker 2: Like just do it shitty, not the way that I would describe yourself.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, as much as she has to learn, be you, Yeah, because there's nobody else, and hopefully at some point somebody will pay you to play somebody else.
Speaker 2: What these left turns? I feel like I'm on a NASCAR racetrack.
Speaker 1: So those are my thirty things that I've learned in my thirty so far, and by the way, the most imminent ones, because obviously I have a million more things that I could sit here and prophesize about, but these are the things that were most important to me.
Speaker 2: Love that well, I'm honored that you have shared these thirty things with me. I'll take credit for a couple of those things that I heard you say, yes, But I feel like I've learned just sitting here some of the things that you said that I'll be I'll be taking with me into the next year. I think that you've lived thirty beautiful years on this planet. Any soul, human or otherwise that has been fortunate enough to cross paths with yours in the last thirty years should call themselves by that name, because they really are fortunate to have met you. You are absolutely one of a kind. Maybe there are people like other people on the planet, but I can bet all the money in all the world that there is nobody like you.
Speaker 1: Am.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be your birthday without a girl and a have feverth dude.
Speaker 6: Happy birthdaybird, happy will learn the happy birthday baby.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold the baby. I gotta make a real, real fat wish hold Okay, it includes you don't worry, okay, fake blow up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, drop the cake. Yeah, wha, thank you baby, Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Babe. Doesn't want to kiss me right now, but that's okay. I do, I do.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have kissed you if I didn't want to, you know, be better than that.
Speaker 1: There you go, the the origin of love. Oh these people don't know how to wake everybody. If there's a thirtieth birthday gift you can give me, go headwig and the angry. All right, Hey, thank you for listening me. Thank you for listening to me, Thank you for listening to me, Thank you for opening this space to me to say what I want to say. I have a lot more to learn, but reflecting on what I've learned so far was an amazing exercise. Yeah. So I encourage everybody to do it out there. Third is just a number, but I'm glad to be here, and more so, I'm glad to be here by your side, and also with the knowledge that my biggest priority this year is to work on what matters most, which is.
Speaker 2: Right here. Yes, you know, preach baby can. I can't wait to watch mm HM. And it wouldn't be your birthday.
Speaker 4: Without all right, everybody, welcome new segment on Earth, and otherwise.
Speaker 1: Thank you, all right, everybody. Albert Einstein predicted how gravity should work at the largest scales, and new research suggest he was right. Can you believe that shit after all this time? Made up of my asshole? New research also suggests he was definitely smart enough to own and use a hair brush, but unfortunately did not. Oh brother, yeah, no, I mean that's me when I wake up though, I'm Midlet's get you. Well, maybe you shall call me at Medina.
Speaker 2: I do, I call you? And that's where that comes, all right.
Speaker 1: A four point four to five billion year old crystal from Mars reveals the planet has had water the whole time. After close inspection and lateral dissection of the crystal, it has been discovered that etched into the stone were the words heavy on. Okay, I swear you know.
Speaker 2: I listened so intently as if the last line is not going to be alive.
Speaker 1: But you'll yeah, I just report the news on my birthday. Okay. Lastly, and that's a telescope spotted a glowing nebula that looks like a guitar shredding rapid pulses of stellar material through space like sound waves through a packed concert stadium. The man who captured the initial photo was on silo sid and mushrooms at the time, but confirms if you are sober and squid you can kind of see it and this has been space. Wow.
Speaker 2: You know, there are never any less entertaining or any less impressive.
Speaker 1: They're way better when you edit them, I think because I mess up in between all them. But y'all don't see that.
Speaker 2: You definitely could deserve like a little spot in SNL. I won't lie. I won't lie.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you little comedy.
Speaker 2: Writer over there. Maybe that's in the next decade.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but you know they don't pay those people enough money. So anyway, my point is, happy birthday to me, Happy birthday baby. Thank you to iHeart and to my beautiful, amazing partner for allowing a space for me to celebrates this milestone. Because people keep telling me it's a milestone, but I don't think it's a milestone. I think it's more just a reason to like recalibrate. It's a spring cleaning. I'm spring cleaning.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the third floor, baby.
Speaker 1: I bought new soap, so maybe did you no? I'm like I haven't seen it, babe. Now that you're thirty and you've been there for a few months and you're so old, can you give me any concet house letting it get better? I'm just kidding, hope.
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm still learning. I feel like I just turned thirty.
Speaker 1: You didn't, though you're old. Thanks love you so much, so you don't have any cont.
Speaker 2: Thirty one should be It'll be really nice to jump.
Speaker 1: What I'm going to leave you with out there is that, remember you are not born one year old, you're born zero, So when you turn one, you've earned that year. So if you're twenty nine, you've actually already complete the twenty ninth year and you're starting your thirtieth year. So really, I'm actually completed my thirtieth year and I'll start my thirty first. So in lieu of trying to make you guys feel worse, I actually made myself feel worse. But that's okay. Anyway. I really am grateful for this space and it was amazing to gather this list. So even if you don't have a podcast or anybody to say it, to make a list, make a list of what you've learned so far, and maybe I did it twenty ninth? Yeah, and maybe it'll inspire you to see where you want to be in your next decade. I would like a penis, but whoa.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this has been world O my god.
Speaker 1: We love you. Happy birthday to me, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: Maybe follow us on in our own world pod on socials if you want to see more of this weird content. Emily is tworking. It's working.
Speaker 3: Thirty one is gonna be a good one.
Speaker 1: Love you, love your oh no. Launch.
Speaker 2: This podcast is brought to you by Moonflower Productions in partnership with Iheartmichaeldura podcast Network. For more podcasts, visit the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to your favorite shows