Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Bye Bye. Mitch mctrendall, Cab Bye Bye Bye. I remember that Bye bye. My name is Jack, and that over there, well, that is Brian the editor.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, don't get the flu. It sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brian is a This is a flu game for Brian and the boy. He's cranky as fuck. He cannot be bothered with any of this bullshit. I'm telling you guys, so moody today. He's so mad that I'm bringing any of these stories before him. Am I talking about cholesterol? What am I looking at here? All right?
Speaker 2: Mitch?
Speaker 1: Hebburgh McConnell. Now that can't be his middle name, Mitchell Davis Jefferson McConnell. But I was a teenager newtant ninja gebels. He calls Stephen Miller that, Mitch McConnell, I feel like we just refer to due to his turtle appearances such something. Yeah, he's giving turtle, but not teenage mutant. Definitely not turtle. Now, he's not a teenage mutant ninja turtle. He's just straight up like kind of maybe myrtle the turtle for any of my suit's head heranky old ass turtle.
Speaker 2: Cheap their suits look it is like you can't get a tailor suit anyway.
Speaker 1: He is eating that Mitch is eating today on Capitol Hill. That would be great, like a blog that's just like fashion, that's like, what is he wearing? Besides depends. He appears to have been like medically dead at multiple points over the past year and a half, So it's wild that this is just happening now. He has announced he will not be seeking another term and we'll be retiring. Like there's been lots of footage of him being like carried out of the Senate. Anyways, rip too, a real one, I do. The one thing I do like is that it would appear that he's like having some second thoughts about his career of you know, solid evil, just solid wall to all evil, because he's like, I'm doing little meaningless votes against Trump nominees at the at the very last second, presumably because he's being like visited by various ghosts. Yeah at night as he tries to sleep.
Speaker 2: With chains and yeah, Mitch mcconnald'll go fuck off somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, go fuck off to a very short remainder of your life full of restless sleep and tortured conscience. Oh how you heard evil live forever? Yeah, maybe that's why. Maybe it's just like good for the heart, all the tortured sleep and ghost visitations that they have to endure on a nightly basis. Who who goes there? I haven't tried a Mitch McConnell impression a long time. Little matters. He talks like a little bit like nah, not even that anyways, Brian, Let's talk about a photo that's going viral on the internet. It's a man's palms and and they real nasty. They nasty. So it looks like he's been digging through butter. It looks his hands look creased with butter. Like that's what it looks like. He was trying to anincare technique. Yeah, yeah, exactly, Like every palm is like bright yellow and everyh Yeah, it's wild. It just it just seems like one of those things you would see in like next to the AI headline Van Vaught. It's no big secret why Van Vought doesn't work in Hollywood anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be.
Speaker 1: Right, so that it would be it would be like this one trick that doctors don't want you to know about how you know, eating fistful of butter or digging through butter gives you a nine inch penis or whatever. They never get that specific. They're more talented than me when it comes to writing a teasing headline. Anyways, it's an it's a real photo according to Snopes, and Snopes our last other than Wikipedia, our last on the internet. Yeah. Anyways, this is a real photo and it's the The yellow is coming from inside his body because this is These are the hands of somebody whose dietary habits included quote a high intake of fats consisting of sixty nine pounds of cheese, sticks of butter, she and additional fat incorporated into his daily hamburgers. And that that was written not by him on some social media posts. That was written by the case reports authors who wrote this person's hands up in the I think it's The New England Journal of Medicine, a real medical outlet, reviewed this and was like, yeah, I know, it looks fucking weird. They call them multiple painless yellowish nodules on the man's palms and elbows. His cholesterol has exceeded one thousand milligrams over d L five times. What is considered normal.
Speaker 2: Some people have too dumb to live. This is so wild, Like number one, that you're on a carnivore diet that consists mostly of butter and cheese, and also.
Speaker 1: Just what's the what's the benefit caveman Brian, like the cavemen who got extra cheese on.
Speaker 2: All day, yeah and made cheese in their caves. Yeah, I just don't get what the you know you saw this with, don't know you These sorts of diets always come what was it before it was like the paleo thing or yeah, yeah, at least has more of a rational that sort of at least like a passing glance seems like it might be something. But this is just completely absurd and it doesn't even make sense within the naming scheme of the diet, Like it's not carnivore if you're just eating sticks of butter. You're just eating.
Speaker 1: Butter mm hmm, like like a carnivor, like a tiger would so disgusting. The Journal jam Cardiology Jamma Cardiology, so it wasn't the New England Journal of Medicine, but uh, you know, a respected cardiology outlet was like that doesn't look good, but it does look like a thing we've seen before. Uh, he's been diagnosed with xanthoma, a condition described by the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology as a string skin growth caused by built up cholesterol deposits.
Speaker 2: So don't do that, Yeah, don't do this.
Speaker 1: All right? I guess I can't go from that right into my next story talking about the newest Oreo flavors because that would be kind of contradictory. All right. So Oreo has announced a new permanent flavor, the return of a beloved favorite, and we haven't even covered the post Malone Oreo, which is salted caramel flavored and seems to be the Post Malone product that has gotten the best reviews of anything he's ever put out, Like, it seems to be well well received. I have not tried it yet, but I'm so salted caramel flavor. Where do you fall on salted caramel?
Speaker 2: I think, well, okay, just in general salt SALTA caramel is a is a versatile kind of a like flavor profile, and I think it would work with an Oreo. But I unfortunately cannot co sign anything that post Malone does. If anyone else was a good song, if Elon's name was on it, I'd be more amenable to trying Wow, but uh yeah, I don't. I don't really like post Malone.
Speaker 1: I'm assaulted caramel fan in terms of if you have caramel with salt on it, then I'm good. When it's into a flavor, I feel like they haven't quite cracked it. It's it's like trying to think of like the right, Like grape is kind of like this, Like grapes are great, but.
Speaker 2: What kind of a lot of talking about like real grape flavor or like the candy grape flavor.
Speaker 1: Candy grape flavor. I feel like his ass a lot of the time. I do like grape soda though, so it doesn't really translate. I think banana might be the better example.
Speaker 2: Candy banana or real banana.
Speaker 1: I'm talking so this is this is my distinction. I love real salted caramel, but when you get into the flavor extraction whatever they're using to make salted caramel flavored things, it doesn't work for me. I love bananas and things that have banana, like I love banana bread that have actual bananas in them. I love sweat right here, but when like banana candy banana flavored.
Speaker 2: Things standing with Like the banana flavoring is based on an old like an extinct breed of banana that doesn't exist anymore. And that's what a good labor is. Okay, that's what I heard. I don't know. I haven't looked it up because I don't care about candy banana flavor. But that's my understanding is I it's an extinct type of banana that we don't really eat anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for that flavor is based on a spit on a just spit on the ground in its name. But anyways, it's getting good reviews. I'm gonna have to try. I regret to inform you I will have to try. The post Malone Oreo collab birthday cake is being brought back. This is like I when I've gone through like sugar phases, where I just like am really on a sugar bender. The birth the birthday cake Oreo is about as sugar dense as anything I've ever found.
Speaker 3: It's so sweet, it makes your teeth, gives you that nice tooth tingle that sugar heads are always looking.
Speaker 1: And then the permanent flavor they're bringing back chocolate cakester, which is I haven't fucked with the cakesters before, but like their cake, the cake instead of the you know, crumbly charcoal cracker cookie, it's got cake.
Speaker 2: And I like those for eating in bed because it's like it's definitely less crumbly and in your wife yells at you a lot less.
Speaker 1: But anyways, the cakes, So I do want to just be fair to the case because when I first heard of the cakester, I was I was like, this sounds like a ho ho or like one of the little debut type snacks that's like cake based, which I've never really thought. Those cakes were like good, had a good consistency. But superroducer Victor, who is our Oreo expert, he covers the Oreo beat for us say is that the cake is dense and that I that I should try it.
Speaker 2: So I will.
Speaker 1: I will try the Cakester Oreos. But we had to let you know there's been there's there's Oreo news, folks, so much Oreo news, so much Oreo news, I can hardly fucking keep up. Uh Oreos uh stated pr strategy is flood the zone with shit. Flood the zone with stuff is how they put it, double stuff, double stuff. That news. Let's take a quick break, we'll come back, we'll talk about Amazon and James Bond, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: Say the clever name you just came up with for this next story.
Speaker 2: Oh what Jamazon?
Speaker 1: Jamazon, motherfuckers. That's right, that's why he's the best in the Jamazon Jamazon. Uh So, Amazon acquired MGM a few years back, like four years ago. MGM old film studio that made a bunch of classics. So basically they acquired the Bond franchise, They acquired the Rocky franchise, and one other big one, oh the Lord of the Rings friend, and immediately set about making the most expensive TV show and history around Lord of the Rings no one cared about came out. People are like, oh damn, Like yeah, you can kind of see where the money went. And then just immediately like half of them were like and the other half were like, yeah, So they've been struggling. James Bond is famously like the most protected brand, Like they're very difficult to work with, uh, Like, they just won't take outside notes on anything. And so we are in the midst of the longest James Bond movie drought. I think of the history of the franchise or it's up there and with like no movie in production, and it's supposedly because there's this power struggle going on behind the scenes between Amazon and the Broccoli family. I believe Broccoli. I think that's what that song is about. And because they haven't even like really recast the role, Like the Daniel Craig's Last Bond movie came out a number of years ago, and there's been a number of, you know, big viral stories where they're like, we think they're getting close to naming this person as the next James Bond. Never name anybody, because again, it's just like a two immovable objects meeting. Amazon being this massive, powerful corporation and then this extremely protective, hard headed, you know, entertainment brand that is like that. Some of their decisions in the past included, like in the early eighties they were kind of at a turning point, and Steven Spielberg was like, the only thing I want to make now that I've made Jaws and am like the most sought after director, all I want to do is make it James bon movie. And they were like, go fuck yourself, how about that? And so instead he made Raiders of the Lost Arc and uh yeah, so they it could be sometimes too protective, I guess for the for their own good. But the latest news is that they have a net like the people who are the hard ass like we're not letting anybody fuck with the product. Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Brockley are announcing that they're stepping back and it's now just all Amazon all the time.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's I don't know what gives them the impression that they are good stewards for this just because of who their parents are. I know, it's like when you see It's like when you see Kitchen Nightmares, and it's like some guy running a restaurant to the ground and he's like he thinks he can do it just because his parents ran the restaurant.
Speaker 1: It's like just been in my family for seven generations. No, that doesn't and I suck at my job.
Speaker 2: It doesn't qualify you to to uh know what's best for this. It's yeah, it's just yeah, I'm not the biggest Bond fan, but I do think there's more things that you could do with the character and the stories than what these two idiots think is appropriate.
Speaker 1: And yet uh it's being now taken over by Amazon, and I feel like from.
Speaker 2: Is it gonna be? Is gonna be that much worse?
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: I got last like what seven Bond movies were didn't really make a cultural impact to me at least, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're gonna there's going to be streaming series that come and go and nobody's like aware that they even came out.
Speaker 2: Do you feel do you feel like a Bond would be better suited to a series or to a movie?
Speaker 1: No, I like, I like that it's like this thing that is, uh, you know, it's kind of exists in the same world as like the super Bowl to me, and that it's just this corporate sponsorship like extravaganza. It's like they just like work with the highest luxury brands, and yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like the same thing every time you have like the Ashton Martin, you have the Omega Watch, you have all these things, and they just keep making the same movie over and over again. The more they lean into these tropes, and I'm like, I think it would work better as a series, honestly.
Speaker 1: Like I'm famously anti series. I just feel like, I.
Speaker 2: Know I'm not a big TV guy either, but I just think due to the nature of this is a spy who goes on all these different missions, like I don't know either like each season is a mission or hell every like you know, Monster of the Week, James Bond, like the X Files or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, different billionaire super villain. Tell you one billionaire supervillain who's not going to be coming back is the bald one who looks exactly like Jeff Bezos, bald billionaire.
Speaker 2: Standing around in his swivel chair stroking a hairless cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know. I guess Spy is the one place I've seen a movie turned into a series that worked better as a series than Mister and Missus Smith. So maybe, maybe maybe that's right.
Speaker 2: Is also Amazon.
Speaker 1: I forget which one that is. Anyways, it's fun with Donald Glover, right with Donald Glover. Yeah, it is Amazon, so that it feels like that's their strategy, is take movie franchises and turn them into series.
Speaker 2: It can't be any worse than the last like three Bond movies in in my view, because I can't even remember that the names or the I remember romy Malik was a villain. He was terrible, and then there was what's his name? The guy who's in Doune Timothy Shallamer No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: The older guy, oh, Javier Bardam, Yeah him, he was like, uh, I think one of the villae was good. In one of them, he was good.
Speaker 2: I think the movie was utterly forgettable. I don't remember a single I remember he was in it. I remember he was good in it. But it's just they're so generic and they they lean so much into those tropes that I can't differentiate between them. Yeah, especially these these Daniel craig ones. They they were really some stinkers.
Speaker 1: They were. They were the Dark Knight franchise of James Bond, where they were like, what if this was really happening?
Speaker 2: This was completely unfun and way too What if the guy who's known for having like fun gadgets beat you to death with his fists it's in a bathroom or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yea instead of using a watch laser to cut your hands off. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: Probably never happened, all right, and fine, only uh, some Mexico news for you, Wow, what happened? Indeed? Right? So, first of all, I just I like Mexico's spirit right now, I like that they're just the only while we have like one and a half politicians inside the United States pushing back against the fascist creep. Mexico is putting up a pretty steady united front, threatening to sue Google over the map bullshit over the renaming a Gulf of Mexico, being like, you can't name that the international waters that's you can. You can name the little continental shelf that's connected to America, golf of whatever the fuck you want, but yeah, you can't name the entire body of water Gulf of America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are laws and brules internationally for things like this. I mean, if you can rename the entire golf, then I guess that what gives them the right to drill wherever the fuck they want?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, exactly, And then they're also President Scheinbaum is warning the US not to fuck with, not to invade our sovereignty and fight against cartels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Just pushing back a little bit, just saying no, fuck you, like in a couple key places that are important places to push back. I do wonder where we're headed with this administration and international relations, Like it was just revealed that bolsnaro Is was like attempting to assassinate Lula during their presidential race in Brazil, and then the Trump media company like sued a judge who was like considering a case to arrest Bolsnarow. Like, so they're like openly backing like assassination attempts kind of and like using the transitive property. I just yeah, I feel like, uh, it's not it's not great that bad, I would say, in terms of the volatility of the US's position and the position of anybody who gets in their way at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of kind of makes me long for the days of the you know, stability that Democrats were always uh striving for.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and that's that's why it's all of our faults forever criticizing Joe Biden, right like I've been saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we've all been saying for years of the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it does it does round where you don't flip the entire table over. I guess the night might be. But the the ultimate sign uh that things things are over is that Wendy's uh is partnering with Girl Scouts. They're hosting Girl Scout cookie sales at Wendy's and they're debuting thin Mint Frosty's. While the thin Mint Frosty is a good idea, This kind of makes sense, doesn't it. It does, But an official partnership between a like publicly traded company and the Girl Scouts feel so weird.
Speaker 2: But I mean, look at.
Speaker 1: Who the mascout for Wendy's is. She's Girl Scout, Little Girl. That's true, little Girl.
Speaker 2: Damn. I don't know who else. There's no one else to pick. Are you gonna pick Carl carls Jr?
Speaker 1: What's that creep doing with the Girl Scouts? Ronald McDonald, Ronald McDonald, It's gotta be windy if anyone, I guess is my thing. But the idea of the Girl Scouts, like do it like Girl Scouts Collabo?
Speaker 2: It feels weird, like it's does have pretty good shakes. The last time I had a shake there, which has been probably like the Frog two years. But yeah, if I was gonna get a shake, that's I've had a fast food place. I think I like their's best, like a you know, major chain.
Speaker 1: I feel like Girl Scouts have always existed in the realm of like the library to me, you know, yeah, that's true. It's like a weird but iree domain kind of vibes. Yeah, so it's just weird for me to hear that, Like a company and them are teaming up to do like a collaboration. But what the fuck do I know? You know who runs these collabse for the for the girl Scouts, Like the Library and Red Bull are teaming up to to issue a band aid scented new Red Bull flavor. Do you feel like libraries always smell like band aids? A little bit?
Speaker 2: I kind of see what you mean, just because there's that whole like, well we're talking new band dat.
Speaker 1: A used kind of older bandied.
Speaker 2: Like an old like one that's been in the cabinet for a while. Yes, because it's like that books have that old adhesive smell like the bind Yeah. I can see how those could overlap like old band aid, old book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not mad at that. Yeah, Amtrak and Nike teaming up together, you know, Like the fuck do I need the Nikes for if I'm on a train? The Y M C A and Coca Cola. I don't know, it seems it seems weird, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're gonna go with any any fast food place for a collab. I would definitely pick Yeah, you put the little you put the little hat on Wendy the little beret or whatever the fuck they wear.
Speaker 1: And it's like stright at home the beret, Like there's they wear the beret, right, Yeah, it's a comrades the girls school. Oh he just.
Speaker 2: Blew my mind.
Speaker 1: All right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday, February twentieth. Thank you so much for joining us, Brian. I always like to ask, you know, people like Karim from you, where can they find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Jack, You can't find me.
Speaker 1: I can't find me anywhere, asshole.
Speaker 2: Okay unless you come to my very specific neighborhood in Mexico. That's how you can find me. And where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Jack? Oh, you can find me. Not at my very specific neighborhood. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore, Brian on the sky at jack Ob the number one.
Speaker 2: That's going to do it for us, Blue Sky messages.
Speaker 1: Skeets Skates.
Speaker 2: Of Era is that what we're calling.
Speaker 1: If our NBA show Miles and Jackob mat Boostie's does call them skeets, I love that. I love it for him, love it for Blue Sky back tomorrow with the who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves. Get your vaccines where you still can, get your flu shots. Don't do nothing about Wayne supremacy. Don't get the flu if you still, if you can avoid it, and yeah, I hear this here is bad. We will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Fight