Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Stenebec along with Christina Raffini. We're joined by Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Nora Melinda. What do you got for us, Norah?
Speaker 4: While talking in MGM Resorts taker MGM the stock up about nine percent. That's the best day that the stock has had in more than a year.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: This is after we did see some ratings changes from some of these analysts on Wall Street, so we're seeing it was raised to overweight at JP Morgan. They're all talking about demand in Las Vegas. Apparently the Las Vegas Strip is still on and popping. People are out there. They're having a good time, and apparently that is a great to no surprise tailwind for a company like MGM. So we're seeing shares up about nine percent. The stock on a your date basis up fifteen percent so far this year.
Speaker 3: We are going to Vegas?
Speaker 4: Are you know we we are? Where was my invite? I don't know.
Speaker 3: We're doing a room mode. I'm going with Carol. Sebastian is coming.
Speaker 4: We're going to have a great career.
Speaker 3: Maybe we're going to go to the sphere.
Speaker 1: I don't know if oh I could pull some weekend contributions.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the figured it out.
Speaker 3: For less than twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm less interested now we are looking for in and out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: One thing that I'm interested to see is exactly what you were talking about, Nora, is what's happening on the ground there. Who are we seeing there? International visitors were huge for Vegas, but that has changed in recent years. And yeah, I think a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Are so Vegas has gotten so expensive. You know, when I went as a kid, it was you know, ninety nine cent the phase and that was a grass from Colorado. Yeah, oh no, weeper vacations. We drove.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a beautiful drive.
Speaker 1: Actually it's gorgeous and it was affordable, but it's not anymore. And so if if Vegas can't have the cachet that makes it worth that long trip, how's it doing?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You guys have to report back?
Speaker 4: The second best performer in the s to P five hundred today and sticking with that theme of travelers leisure. Also looking at shares of United Airlines ticker ual Now, we did see that the CEO was essentially underscoring this robust demand despite high oil prices. People thought this would be a major concern for airlines like United American Airlines and whether or not they'd be able to still function at the same level of capacity. Apparently, people are still buying flights, whether it's domestic international, They're still seeing demand, so people are finding some money in their pockets somewhere to take that trip that they're interested in going on.
Speaker 1: We talked about the Bloomberg Travel survey this past weekend and what they found asking people is when it comes to all the luxuries, people prioritize travel right now above anything else, buying clothes, buying anything else with the thing they were willing to spend on and even pay later go now is travel. People still want to get out of dogs.
Speaker 2: They love to buy now pilat.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, people love an experience, and of course we do know some of those lower income customers are still struggling to find certain ways to be able to pay for some of these flights, so we do see that being underscored from some of these CEOs, But generally speaking, people are still finding money for those vacations that they want to take.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't have a great segue from experiences to heart surgery except for that that's an experience. I guess as well, it is an experience. But let's talk a little bit about Boston Scientific Shares felt today.
Speaker 4: I know shares we're following, of course we do know. This is after the company CEO did say in an industry conference that standalone Watchman heart implant procedures are continuing to decline. So you saw that really playing out in the market today as people were thinking about this company more broadly. Stock was down about thirteen percent on the day. But it's really been struggling so far this year. The shares of the company are down about forty seven percent so far in twenty twenty six, and we're coming up almost six months into the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a device that is implanted by a surgeon. It reduces It's designed to reduce stroke risk in patients with a certain type of a fail in Boston Scientific Shares a fabtrial fibrillation. Boston Scientific Shares fell as a result of what you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Absolutely the Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.