Speaker 1: I Am all in.
Speaker 2: You. I Am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey Everybody, Scott Patterson, I Am All in Podcast. One on one interview with Melaura Harden. This is brought to you by One eleven Productions, iHeartRadio, iHeart Media, iHeart Podcasts, and Melaura Harden portrayed Carolyn Bates. Carolyn was set up with Christopher by Emily and Richard at Friday Night Dinner. Let me tell you something about Malaura Harden. Who she is. She's an actress best known for roles as Jan Levinson on NBC's The Office, Trudy Monk on The USA Networks Monk, and Tammy Cashman on Amazon Prime Videos Transparent, which she received a Primetime Emmy Award nomination. I want to talk about that too, How that felt, How you found out. Malaura has been in many many feature films, including Hannah Montana, the movie seventeen Again, Thank You for Smoking, Absolute Power, opposite Cleanewood and Gene Hackman, and What a Scene That Was with Gene Hackman and twenty seven Dresses. She stars in the first one woman movie ever made a Golden Vanity, as Mabel Montgomery, an iconic child star Alla Judy Garland. The film is currently being submitted to festivals. Malaura Hardened welcome. So excited to talk to you and to meet you. You.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: First of all, how'd you get this role on Gilmore Girls? They just make an offer. I can't imagine they made you audition, but they just offered it to you, right, Please say they offered it.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember, I think so, yeah, I'm pretty sure. I mean Amy Sherman Palladino and I are You've known each other for a really long time because we used to take ballet together at the same ballet studio as little girls. So I've known her like since we were really young, like maybe twelve or thirteen, I mean that long ago. Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure. Yeah, they just they offered it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Yeah, Okay, here come the questions. What was she like as a twelve or thirteen year old? Go on, cough character?
Speaker 2: Isn't she? I remember really liking her. I mean she's I still really like her. We get along great. You know, she's she's really fun too. She's so smart, and she's quirky, and she's so her own person, and you know, yeah, she's she was always I think. I mean, I remember just as a little girl just liking her. Just I don't remember like we weren't like super close friends. I just remember liking her and we would always say hello at dance class, and she was always friendly to me, and we were friendly to each other. And it was really only later that we, you know, we like kind of hung out as girlfriends a little bit. I think it was after the Gilmore Girls thing. I think it was like we went to lunch a few times. She came and saw me in Chicago on Broadway. I played roxy Heart and she came saw me, and we went out to dinner and like had a whole like girls hang and like we've done a few kind of days like that where we've just hung out as girlfriends.
Speaker 1: You know that's nice. That's very nice. Yeah, So you saw no indication at that time that she was going to go on to become one of the most prolific writers and most awarded writers in television history.
Speaker 2: And she's such an incredible I don't think people really talk enough about her directing. I think she's absolutely exceptional director. Yeah, I saw it in this episode watching this episode again that she directed the one that I was in partings, but you know, I have particularly noticed it and was able to tell her at the Critics' Choice Awards this this year that I just think she's just her directing on marvelous, Miss Maisl is unbelievable, I mean, really really inspired.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh, you were there, you were I was there that night. Yeah, I saw Amy and Dan that night.
Speaker 2: You know, I know, wasn't that great?
Speaker 1: It was great? It was a funny evening. Yeah. So you played kron therapist being set up at Christopher emmeilin Richard's Friday night dinner. Do you think your character had any chance with him?
Speaker 2: Sure? Yeah, she totally did. I mean, I think what was so great about the character and watching this again was the character was so not in any way desperate or needy. She just was just who she was and she was just sort of like being herself and this guy could either. You know, I think she thought, whatever, he's okay, this is I mean, she even says it's the most blatant, you know, setup I've ever had besides my mother. And she thought it was touching that that, like this friend of her mother's really wanted her to, you know, meet a guy in the new town that she's moved into. And I think that's sweet and uh, you know, and with such a great device to get you know, to get Lauraai and Chris what Chris is this character Christopher to get them together again, you know, to get them like like talking, and he's saving her and and it's kind of great. It's it's particularly great that they call my character Libby that Libby is so you know, that she's so centered and so like such a potential like cash, you know what I mean. And that makes it even more interesting, I think for the regulars in the show and the and the fans of the show that Christopher ends up in bed with, you know, Lauraai, I think it's great.
Speaker 1: So that's one of the things we just discussed. Do you think that as a therapist you overstepped your bounds a little bit in that you know, backseat therapy session with Laurel I kind of advocating for her to do something. Is that Is that something that you read in the script and said, Oh, I don't know if a therapist would do that, would go that far?
Speaker 2: Do you think that, Well, I don't know, I don't know how many therapists would have a therapy session in their far with a notepad.
Speaker 1: You gotta suspend, you got to you gotta suspend your disbeliever.
Speaker 2: You're a set up date in this like tiny little idyllic town that you know, you guys are all in, like.
Speaker 1: The reality is a bit skewed there, So I guess that you can accept anything exactly excellent point. You know, it never dawned on us that it was just a TV show and we're trying to terpet his real life. It's like, what's we throw a flag on the play? Uh So those are iconic dinner scenes. Those those Friday night dinner scenes are some of the best stuff in the whole thing. What was it like working with everybody?
Speaker 2: Really great? Really great? I remember. I mean for me, what was the most exciting thing was that Ed Herman played my father when I was nine years old in a Disney movie I did called North Avenue Irregulars. Oh my, and I literally hadn't seen him since then.
Speaker 1: That imbered and I of court.
Speaker 2: And I had such fond memories of him. He was so sweet to me when I was nine doing that show sort of a caper like a caper movie, really fun movie. If anyone can ever find that they should. It's really fun. It had like Chlorus Leachman and Karen Valentine and oh gosh in series, and I mean it had some iconic, iconic comedians in any case that was super fun. So that was I was mostly focused on Ed just you know, just reconnecting with him and yeah. But but everybody was perfectly nice to me. I don't remember like thinking anything other than that.
Speaker 1: So at nine years old, here you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, started acting when I'm six.
Speaker 1: Professionally, You're from Houston.
Speaker 2: I was born in Houston. I was raised here.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they didn't your your parents didn't move here to pursue the business. You moved here anyway?
Speaker 2: Well, my parents are both actors, so they here for the business for themselves.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The reason I was born in Houston, Texas is because my dad was doing a production at the Alley Theater in Houston. So that's why. Yeah, that's why I was there, and then traveling around doing regional theater for the first five years of my life and then yeah, and then then coming to LA and then really the only reason I got into it was because my comm my parents' commercial agents. When you went when during the time when you had to drop off your headshots because they were physical headshots. Uh, just said, you're so cute, don't you want to do what mom and dad does? And I was like, I could do what mom and dad does. And I'd seen them age, and I'd seen them acting, and I'd seen them working onlines, and I think I just loved what it looked like to me, and I was like, can I please? Can I please? I tugged on their sleeves and tugged on their sleeves, and finally they were like, oh, oh my god, this crazy business, with all this rejection. We'll let her go on ten auditions. If she doesn't get anything, we'll ease her out of it. She'll never know the difference. Of course, I got the first thing I went on.
Speaker 1: So did.
Speaker 2: That was that?
Speaker 1: Were you were you a child star? Did you go on the talk shows when you were a kid?
Speaker 2: I didn't go on the talk shows. I still haven't gone on the talk shows too much, really.
Speaker 1: Really, So you were never on like Lenno or Carson or anything.
Speaker 2: No, No, yeah, I'm not really much of a talk show type. I guess I don't really, I don't guess I don't Garner. I mean I've done like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they don't like beautifulest directally funny people that are really good at what they do. They hate that right now, I know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know, but no, but it's been, it's been. It's been just great. Like like growing up in this business was super fun. And yeah, to reconnect with ed Herman was really really fun because he really is a highlight in my memory. That was a super fun show to work. That movie was incredible. On the back lot of Disney and they were making Pete's Dragon Around the Corner, which was a huge movie that came out that summer, and I remember meeting the animator who gave me a picture and I have a picture of me with Pete the Dragon, who's completely animated of course.
Speaker 1: Right anyway, let me ask you played a really integral role here with that scene, okay, and that you realized, you know, your character realized that Laurel I need to stand up for herself and asked to a lobe. Did you think that that was the right advice.
Speaker 2: Me personally?
Speaker 1: You personally, Laura Harden, this is your life.
Speaker 3: I think it's always good to push people to if they have noise, if they have if they're suffering about something. I think it's great to push through that so that you can get to the other side faster. And sometimes that requires pushing the boundaries. Sometimes it requires being.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it requires you know, just shutting up and wearing beige, and other times it requires pushing through so that you can get to the freedom faster. The freedom mind where you don't have like a static television in the background in.
Speaker 1: Your actually actually can be very toxic, right, So you've got to clear it out. I think.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, well, I don't think you can really get anything done from that place, right, from a place of like noise, noise, noise, noise, right, right, you know, you have to have clarity, and you and sometimes to get clarity you have to like you have to stir it up and make it explode, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to get out of that paralysis.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Interesting, interesting, interesting, So you're the right person to play that role. You're very psychologically, aren't you.
Speaker 2: And I was this necklace in in the episode. I noticed, this is my personal character. Where's that necklace?
Speaker 1: I put that remains? Look at that. I just got an email for somebody I don't know. I get all these mass emails about you know, they're collecting celebrity memorabilia downtown Los Angeles this weekend. You could probably fetch a nice sum for that. Anyway, I'll give you.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's funny. You're right. I could go sell my beautiful.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, because that's that's what we do.
Speaker 2: That my mother gave me.
Speaker 1: So I got so okay, So Laurel I follows through on this ultimatum. Right, yeah, you watch the episode, right?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: All right? What was your reaction.
Speaker 2: I loved it. I thought it was I thought it was great. It was such a good cliffhanger, you know, everybody was everything's changing. It's the end of the season, right, it's the last episode of the season. When we used to make twenty two episodes.
Speaker 1: Right, remember that nine months it was like.
Speaker 2: You make a living on a series. Because they were making twenty two episodes.
Speaker 1: You could make a good living, you know, really.
Speaker 2: Good living, and or a thing called residuals.
Speaker 1: Residuals, remember those Remember those mailbox money.
Speaker 2: Amazing when you run the mailbox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd skip to the mailbox.
Speaker 2: You just skipped there.
Speaker 1: It was so good then you'd skip back because you had your residual checks. I can eat, I can eat exactly. Oh my goodness, now, I know, right, everything's ten episodes now at low ball money. Yeah, you know, it's still a job, and it's still you got your insurance, and it's still you know, a good decent chunk of money. You can't necessarily live on it, you know, but what the heck it's it's it's better than a stick in the eye, right.
Speaker 2: Can't necessarily live on it, and you don't care.
Speaker 1: You can't even go to McDonald's on it. It's twenty so that you could get your health insurance. You're not making it sound because let me tell you something. You're not gonna eat very much and you're gonna need that health insurance, now, are you ever? And if there ever were residuals where there wouldn't be, you wouldn't be able to skip to the mailbox anymore because you'd be in ill health, have no energy. You're starting. Yeah, I don't know. It kind of sucks to be an actor these days, but at least you.
Speaker 2: Get then take our job any minutes.
Speaker 1: Right, It's like we don't even discovers by the way, we're not going to need you to report today or like forever, because don't worry about the copyright stuff.
Speaker 2: Just to buy your voice for three d and forty five dollars seventeen cents. Oh god, I laugh, and soon I will be crying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's over, man, We're done. Oh my god, yeah, the last.
Speaker 2: I'm all right. For those young actors that are out there follow yours.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, it's like it's like, if this is the Titanic, how much of it is still sticking out of the water. Is it just the tip? I don't know.
Speaker 2: We are resillions and we are creative being, yes, and so we will find a way, you know what.
Speaker 1: I think, you know what I think AI is going to do though, as long as we're on that's up. I think it's going to be so creepily accurate and saves the studios so much money. But I think it will it will cause a real revival in live theater.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think live theater will be able to, you know, expand the seating, yes, because there'll be such a demand for Because I think as good as AI is and will be, I still think there's that creepy element to it, where that's not real, it doesn't look real, it's not the same. I mean. But I think that'll last what a generation, and then after that generation everybody be ai crazy and they'll go, what the hell you old people talking about? It looks really real, it's great. We don't care about live theater. But I think I think for the next I don't know, twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, I do think though, that human human beings really do crave connection, and we are I don't know, we're pack animals, right, we want to be with other humans. And here's the other thing, Like, I'm a person who very much and most actors are. You know, feels like when you're at a party and you walk in a room and you can there's one hundred people there, but there's someone way in the corner and you just feel them so much that you turn your head and you connect. You look at each other, you see each other, or you see them or they don't see you. Those moments that we all replicated movies and television shows all the time really do happen. And that's because we're energetic beings. We're not just our physical selves. We're not just body you know, mind, flesh and bone. We have souls, we have spirits, we have actual energy that we're exchanging all the time. And I don't think I mean while I know, AI isn't going to be able to exchange energy like that.
Speaker 1: Right, No, not even close.
Speaker 2: It'll be really interesting to see if it can make people laugh and cry as deeply and resonant lee as we can as actors.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's an interesting dilemma. Yeah, it has potential tragic proportions for futures, but very true. Listen, you've you've been steadily working.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't need to tell you this. You need to tell me this because I didn't know this. Thirty years various television roles.
Speaker 2: Films, thirty years more than years.
Speaker 1: No, that's what it says here. It's only thirty years. Sorry, Laura, we're right, You're wrong. Sorry, Okay, Yeah, No, I got this from the research department. The AI department says it's thirty years. So that's what it is. Thirty five years, years, fifty years.
Speaker 2: Fifty years. I've been a professional actor. What I'm fifty six? I started.
Speaker 1: I was no, stop it, stop it, No, you're thirty five. Get at you?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. And that's another thing I really noticed it at the.
Speaker 1: Math said, you know, your first gig gets thirty I mean at five, and then been doing thirty five thirty years, and now you're thirty five years old.
Speaker 2: Stop it, No, I'm not so fifty years. That's kind of amazing five decades. But that's something I really noticed about the Gilmour Girls episode. Man, I was so young and I was so beautiful. I was watching the episode. I was like, fuck, you're gorgeous and you're so young. How old were you when you did this?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What year was that? Do you remember what year this one was?
Speaker 1: This is two thousand and six, this is eighteen years ago.
Speaker 2: I was very young. Eighteen years ago.
Speaker 1: You were eight. You were eighteen years younger than fifty six, so you was thirty thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I really looked wow, and I was.
Speaker 1: Just like, wow, you're still easy on the eyes, and you were easy on the eyes back then. What can I say? What can you say? It's a Melaura Harden thing, you know, it's just what happens. What's your favorite role that you ever did?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's really hard, I will say. I mean golden Bandages on my mind because we've I've been taking it to festivals and watching it multiple times. We went to all these festivals last year with it, and I would say it is one of my favorites because she's such a rich character. She's so multi layered, she's it's just me. So it was like super challenging and fun and you know, just like more and more and more. I'm one of those more and more more people. I like more and more and more, and I like all fire, all cylinders firing at all the all times. And that required that because it was a small you know, like micro budget. I made a dollar on that movie, you know movie. But it was like just super fun to to carry that journey of emotional you know, it's a it's a hugely, it's hilarious, it's it's dramatic, it's tragic, it's you know, so just the the universe of emotions that I had to traverse was really exciting. Of course, Chicago on Broadway was incredible to do because I'm a singer and I'm a dancer, and to be able to do the three things that I love eight times a week, you know, acting, singing, and dancing all at once was just like I was basically in heaven again because all cylinders are firing, right, Should.
Speaker 1: I do that?
Speaker 2: The producers do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The answer is you don't hesitate, just say oh, it's just it'll be one of the highlights of your life. When I did the Hand of Montana movie, I got Billy ray Cyrus excited about it. He went and did it. He played Billy Flynn.
Speaker 1: But I mean it's like actual singing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's a great song, you know, the song Billy Oh my God. You would have a ball. You should be like running to your agents and get on the phone and.
Speaker 1: Well they you know, they they reached out for my availability.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, well you're pretty available right now, right like we all are. Nothing's happening because of the strike.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm doing I'm doing a series in Canada. Okay, good Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where are you? Where? What part of Canada?
Speaker 1: Halifax?
Speaker 2: Where's that?
Speaker 1: It's very east. It's it's almost a europe I.
Speaker 2: Did the type in Montreal. Is it east more than that Easter it's.
Speaker 1: The It's the most eastern place in the northern North America. Okay, yeah, it's sticking way out in the Atlantic, like if you're in Massachusetts, you got to make a hard right and then go up the coast. You know, what is it?
Speaker 2: What is it? What series are you doing there?
Speaker 1: Sullivan's crossing. It's a Canadian Yeah, yeah, Americans, it's it's it's on CW here. And you know, we haven't been picked up yet for a third season, but probably will be.
Speaker 2: But all right, between this season and third season, you should do Chicago. Think so, yes, God, you'll have a good time and then you can call me and thank me for.
Speaker 1: We have to Okay, So that's Golden Vanity, which is this is the one woman movie. You are playing a Judy Garland type character. You're singing, you're dancing, You're.
Speaker 2: Dancing, but I'm saying not dancing. I do sing it.
Speaker 1: And and what what what's the top three festivals you took it to?
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's a lot. Well, we premiered at the Burbank International Film Festival where we're an Audience Award and we won the I won Best Act. And then we took it to the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival where I won Best Actor and we won the Audience Award. And we also were in the Saint Augustine Film Festival, and we were in the Women's Independent Film and Television Festival were we won Best Narrative Feature. At Saint Augustine. We got was that one's not a competition one, that one's not a competition festival. Anywhere everywhere we went we won, We won awards. I didn't even we didn't even apply for the big Vibes because I just didn't. I just was I was really needed to not wait around anymore because this was a movie that was first time filmmakers, first time writers. It took forever to get the post done on this movie, to land on a cut that was satisfactory, get the color correction, pay for the score, the sound rights and the music rights and so forth. And I literally woke up January last year and said, guys, do we have all the rights in place? Can I take this the reins on this and just submit to festivals. I just want eyes on it. Really, that was my was. I just wanted people to see it because it's a real tour to force performance by me. It's a really wonderful, amazing, little quirky, fabulous, fresh movie that I just wanted people to see. So now we're trying to sell it in twenty two.
Speaker 1: All Right, it's called Golden Vanity starring Melaura Harden. Check it out when it's available for downloads, or if it hits your little theater or it gets on a streamer, check it out. But I want to talk about Gene Hackman Clint Eastwood Absolute Power, riveting scene. Tell us about this if you don't know the scene and Absolute Power. The Melaura plays the mistress of the President, the President of the United States, which is portrayed by the Great, the Great Gene Hackman, and Clint Eastwood is a cat burglar, a high end cat burglar who was in that house because it's not the president's house. It's the billionaire super pac guy who's funding his campaign. Let it allowing Gene Hackman to have his dalliance with Melaura Harden. And Clint Eastwood is robbing this man's master bedroom safe which is behind mirrors, and he's getting off with cash and jewels and all kinds of things. And then Melaura Harden and the President of the United States waltz into the room and start kind of getting down down, and so Clint can't leave, and he stays and he watches he sits in that chair and he watches, and he watches you get murdered right by the president of the United States because he wanted it rough and he likes it rough. And he smacked you and you smacked him back, and then it got and then it got bad, and then the bad thing happened. And what a heart wrenching scene. Tell us about that. I mean, God, how did you get it? How'd you get it? Did you audition what I did?
Speaker 2: I did audition for it, and actually it was It's interesting. Phillis Huffman was the casting director who was a family friend because David Huffman, her her late husband, actually was a really close friend with my father. They had done a movie together and become very close friends. And Phillis called me in for it. And actually, when I first read it, it was written completely naked. The whole time. She was just nude from like start to finish, and I just I just felt like, well, I'll go in, but you know whatever, I'm not gonna I'm just not gonna. I wasn't going to do like such a sexual scene that becomes such a violent scene completely naked. I just wasn't going to do that. So basically, I went in, I did my reading and I told Phyllis that I said, you know, just so you know, like I think this is great. I love it. I love it. I would love to work with Clinticeod of course and Gene Hackman and you know, but I'm not I'm not going to do this completely naked. So like I'm just letting you know. She's like she's like okay, yeah, I mean, good to know, you know. And so apparently, you know whatever, Clint liked it and chose me, and she told him and and and he was He's like, okay, well just ask her if she'd be okay if it was like a very short skirt, and if she could be wearing like a like a bra underwear that we could expose. And I was like, yeah, absolutely, that's fine. And when I.
Speaker 1: Went Clint's directing this movie as well, directed yeah, right there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So when I went in for my fitting, you know, you know, I went in and got fitted for this beautiful dress that they made for me, and you know, beautiful bra and underwear a thing. And he was just great. He was just like, you know, I went and met them on that day and he was so sweet, and I met Jean, and Jeane was like, I'm a little nervous about our scene. And I I said, don't worry, Jeans, I'll take care of you.
Speaker 4: And I was like thirty and he was like seventy two, I'm not kidding, as old as my dad, and you know, and it was just so cute, like it made.
Speaker 2: It was so cute that he was vulnerable enough to tell me that he was nervous and that I was playful with him. He loved and he set a place for me every single day next to him at lunch, and it would always be me and Clint, Me and Jean and his bodyguard who was also his stand in and friend and like trainer and everything, and we would just the three of us would always eat together. He was such a gentleman to me. Every time my skirt flew up and they'd cut, you always put my skirt down when they'd cut. He always gave me his hand to help me up. He was just he couldn't have been more of a gentleman. And Clint too, and I really felt like the two of them were just you know, it was funny because when I finished, I was like, well, if I ever was going to do a completely nude scene from like for it's like a ten minute long scene. To do a ten minute long scene completely nude, I think Clint eastwooding Jene happened to prove themselves to be the ones to do that with, you know, like because they just were so there was just never anything lascivious or distasteful or it was just like playful and warm and respectful. And it just couldn't have been a better working environment.
Speaker 1: Man, that's fantastic. What a scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great scene.
Speaker 1: What a great director he is.
Speaker 2: He's such a great director, and he's so funny. I mean when he you know, in the scene where he put in during the scene he punches me and I and there's a you know a shot where Clint was like they were down on the ground and I fall into the shot like you know, just a very close up. And the first time I did it, I fall into the shot and I and we cut and I was like, oh god, like I really I went down too hard. I hit my head and Clint was like, Laura, you just you can just you can just act it. You don't have to do it, really do it.
Speaker 1: It was it was.
Speaker 2: I'm buying it. You don't have to. Don't hurt your head.
Speaker 1: Wow, man, what a feather in your cap though. To work with those two guys, I'm really just great for you. What a scene. That's one of the most memorable movie scenes because when they said Melaura Harden, I went, wait a minute, I know her, Wait a minute. She was in that scene, right, That was one of the great scenes.
Speaker 2: I love that vivid.
Speaker 1: Oh fantastic. All right, so we're gonna play a little game now called rapid fire.
Speaker 2: Okay, you ready?
Speaker 1: Not really good luck? I hate rapid fire, but I'll try good luck. Okay, I'm trying to wish you luck. How do you like your coffee?
Speaker 2: I don't drink coffee?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Are you Team Logan, Team Jass, Team Dean? You don't drink coffee? I get it. Who is your favorite Gilmore Girls couple? Luke and LAURELEI, Emily and Richard?
Speaker 2: Uh, Luke and larele I?
Speaker 1: Correct answer?
Speaker 2: Can I not say that when you're sitting here?
Speaker 1: Correct answer? You don't drink coffee? Would you rather work with Michelle or Kirk?
Speaker 2: I don't know who? Should you tell me who?
Speaker 1: You don't drink coffee, Michelle, that's always a that's a safe no. No, no, Michelle, it's a safer choice.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I don't if I like making the safe choice, so I'll say I'll say.
Speaker 1: You did that scene, so that's not a safe choice. What would you order at Luke Steiner?
Speaker 2: Not coffee?
Speaker 1: Everything else? But you know, I have a coffee company and we'd like you, as our spokesperson would Who would you rather hang out with? Paris or Lane?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is hard for me. I'm not a Gilmore Girls uber fan. Really, you're gonna have to feed me some of these answers.
Speaker 1: Because you'd rather hang out with Lan? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Because you don't drink coffee. You need a lot of coffee to deal with Paris, like copious amounts. You need an IV.
Speaker 2: I wish my daughters were here so they could, like, you know, shout in my ear because they both have watched the Gilmour Girls from like, you know, they've seen it all. They've seen the whole thing, and I really haven't, so they'd.
Speaker 1: Be like, mom, that one, that one, Harvard or Yale?
Speaker 2: Gosh, let's see, Well probably I would say Yale. Yeah for me?
Speaker 1: Okay, why well.
Speaker 2: Because the you know, the Yale Drama School.
Speaker 1: Is that's completely logical, Meryl Streep is why, I mean, right, Yeah, would you rather attend a DAR event with Emily or a town meeting with Taylor?
Speaker 2: A town meeting? Yeah no, you'd rather, okay, d the.
Speaker 1: D very very hot and sweaty in those tents.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Andy.
Speaker 1: Degree all night. What you call it DAR? Daughters of the American Revolution, I'd rather, oh, definitely that. Yeah, you get the Yeah, you don't have to sweat my daughter. It's over in like.
Speaker 2: An hour, The Daughter's American Revolution when they were like nine and seven.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah, okay, that's like a real thing.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's a real Gilmore girl's character you would want as a roommate. You natch uh something in your life.
Speaker 2: You are all in on something in my life.
Speaker 1: That I'm in your life that you are all in on being a mom, being a mom. Fantastic, Melaura Harden. You are fun and you're funny, and what a great career, and keep on keeping on And I guess I'll maybe hopefully one day work with you as an AI bot somewhere.
Speaker 2: Well, no, let's not do it as ais let's do it as real people. You want to do it as real people, I think so it'd be more fun. I'm much more energy that way.
Speaker 1: I'm going to talk to the producers of this show. We're gonna I'm gonna get you on my show.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, I love that idea. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: I like I like it too, Yeah, let's.
Speaker 2: Do it me. I'm not working right now.
Speaker 1: You know what. I'm actually going to talk to them after I get off. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that idea.
Speaker 1: I don't mess around.
Speaker 2: No, let's not mess around. I don't know. There's no time to mess around.
Speaker 1: An I have no time, no, no time, I have no time. So all the best. It was a pleasure.
Speaker 2: You're a pleasure to thank you.
Speaker 1: And uh, just good luck with the film, really good luck with Golden with a Golden Vanity. Good luck with Golden Vanity. And I hope it. I hope it blows up for you.
Speaker 2: And yeah, well, I don't you know what I at this point, I just want people to see it. I just want it to sell so people can see it. Because it's a it's a quirky thing. It's not it's not for everybody. It's it's you know, but I'm telling you it's really good for people that want to sit through it. If you want, I'll send you a link, a private link. You can watch it.
Speaker 1: And you tell me I think, yeah, I know, I I want to see it. I definitely want to see it.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, all the best, Okay, bye, bye
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com