Speaker 1: Two Teas and a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and Cambridge Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas in a Pod with Me and tam Hi recapping Real Housewives of New York. It is back to New York. It is back. It was back. It was an okay episode.
Speaker 3: I mean, after watching Salt Lake City and all the drama that went on there, this was a typical episode where you catch up on everybody's lives and then there's a little get together.
Speaker 2: It was okay. I enjoyed the trailer more than I enjoyed the first episode. But it starts with June twenty fifth, twenty twenty four was the opening credits shoot that took place five days after filming ended. It seems like Uba and Brenn got into a fight and the group is wondering how it will all go. Is there usually a show crew at credits filming for the actual show? You know what?
Speaker 3: No, No, we did have producers that we're working on our show, because who does the you guys have to understand, who does the you know, walking out with the orange and all that. It is put on by the production company, right, and so we don't normally film it. But we also don't hold We don't do our oranges together, we do them individually. How in New York did you, I mean in Beverly Hills, did you do your diamonds all together or just individually?
Speaker 2: We were all there on the same day, but it would be like one out of time, one out of time. At first they'd have you do your left hand, then they'd have you do your right hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then you got to walk in the left and walk from the right and do your turns, and then you change outfits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the cast photo is together and the cast photo is taken by Bravo.
Speaker 2: But those are those shoots are on two different days. So yeah, they're on two different days.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that where you're holding your orange and two different diamond or whatever, that's one day. And then the then they have you like change into like a short dress and you do something else like which is like your little picture that's like moves around. Yeah, that's also on the same day as holding your item. And then cast photos. For us, we were always together except for when there was issues and then people would have to be photoshopped in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this year we didn't get a new opening title. This is I think the first year we didn't get.
Speaker 2: An opening title.
Speaker 3: So really, my mom's in my opening title. I don't even know if Ryan's in it. They might have removed him because he was on the end because he didn't film the season, and my mom filmed the season, but they didn't show it, so they just added Sophie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ryan's in it too, so needs to be updated. Next year needs a little update, needs a little update. Then Brenn is moving into a new place and her has a new puppy named Sugar Sugar. Daddy's kidding, Sugar Nat. Oh my gosh, those splashbacks. But anyways, Brenn's brother Daris visits her. Then we get her her balls in the face apartment. Balls in the face? Is that what she said?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a hot single dog mom and so she her apartment was inspired by balls in the face, so there's a lot of balls hanging everywhere.
Speaker 2: Then we get to Jessel. She tells Pavit to make more of an effort. The gift giving stopped when they had babies. Jessel says they are paying money to store embryos and Beverly Hills, and Pavitt says he doesn't know if he wants a little girl. He doesn't need a Beyonce, but he'll take an Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: Well maybe he already has the Elon Musk. Maybe he needs Beyonce. I mean, but first of all, why do you store your embryos and Beverly Hills?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Did she used to live in La Remember she lived in Dallas? Yeah, there was all that. There was all those rumors that she didn't really live in New York when they started filming. But who knows. But I feel like if she were to pitch to Povet that they could make some embryo content, then maybe he'd agree to it. Because even her taking her to that restaurant.
Speaker 3: I love that she said the last time she went to Chinatown is when she used to buy fake bags, and Chinatown my prato.
Speaker 2: Then we get to Rebecca meet off meeting up with Aaron who she has known, and meets Uba for the first time. Uba talks about how she will try for a baby with her boyfriend to Oliver. If it doesn't work, they will adopt. I'm like, hold on, have we seen Oliver? Did we see him last year? No? We never saw him. Is he a new boyfriend. No, he's the one I remember she was trying to keep secret and they brought him up but the reunion. Maybe he's looking for a man in finance, That's what I gonna say. I also think that Rebecca seems as comfortable filming as Jessel did on the subway. I know.
Speaker 3: And we have a new housewife across the board and his name is Jeff Lewis, and he's been brought up on a few Housewives shows lately, and he's causing a lot of problems. He's really causing a lot of problems. Do you remember when he had CI on and he accidentally had a hot mic moment and Si said that Rebecca was wasn't.
Speaker 2: It Rebecca she was born? Well, at this point, it doesn't seem like SI was wrong there. Well to one episode, Teddy, one episode, Let's give her a chance, I know, let's place some bets on it. I know. Uh, but you know, Brn meets up with Jesse and Jenna, and Bren brings up Aaron going on Jeff Lewis Live seven months ago. But this is where they do Brent a little dirty. They go to the flashback and what she's implying that Aaron said. Aaron didn't, I know, but I think that Brnn has a habit of doing that.
Speaker 3: And you know, it's always hard to remember something that you heard six months ago, and then unless you're prepared yourself just you know, to bring it up and memorize it.
Speaker 2: It's sometimes it's.
Speaker 3: Hard, I mean, and how you perceive it might not be a way that it actually came out.
Speaker 2: But it was more Jeff just pushing it, and oh, Jeff burn deeck, that's what Jeff does best. But then Aaron's like, no, not really, I don't think so, and then she like smiled, like I didn't think Aaron said anything wrong here.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think Aaron said anything at all wrong. And then I mean, and Jeff didn't really Jeff didn't say she was a prostitutor, call girl whatever she was saying. Noy'll see now I'm mixing the words up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever it was. Jeff never said that like those. He just one lied that she was getting financially backed by someone or people. But then it's we get into another one where Brent says, it just seems like Brent's pissed at Aaron because then she says that Aaron said Jenna had money problems and Jenna never paid Aaron back for an Uber after Jena's car broke down in the Hamptons. Aaron is saying she never said that. I mean, but Aaron, I have a question, did you send a Venmo request? This is a very other thing information for the story, like did you try to get the money back or you just wanted her to do it on her own?
Speaker 3: A two hundred and fifty dollars Uber ride is you know, nothing to laugh about.
Speaker 2: And I would expect to be paid back for that.
Speaker 3: And also why doesn't Jenniflons have an Uber app on her phone?
Speaker 2: I'm actually confused why Jennifer Clyons doesn't have an Uber app. It's New York.
Speaker 3: Everybody takes ubers or taxis. I don't think she drives that that vintage, I mean her in manhatt.
Speaker 2: But also I don't think Aaron was saying it in that dramatic of a way. I think she was just like, oh and I not, you know, like just do you know what.
Speaker 3: Aaron reminds me of Alex Hall? Alex Hall from selling oh see.
Speaker 2: Yeah a little bit.
Speaker 3: The voices, their voices, they have that kind of a little bit of a raspy voice.
Speaker 2: But this is you can tell it's it's more just form. You know, Bren is forming her case against Aaron. But then we see Cy and Jessel go cold plunging. They're in a good place now. Jessel says, c I had a lot of self awareness. C I started therapy last year and has been trying to figure out her behavior. And then Cy and Brian haven't talked. She needs Bren to make an effort. Patty, should I go to therapy? I think we should both be in therapy together. Well, maybe depends.
Speaker 3: Maybe anger manager, No, it's not anger. I don't really have any Oh maybe a little anger.
Speaker 2: Wine's more.
Speaker 3: I rate very low in the empathy department. I found that out when I did an aptitude test.
Speaker 2: I had zero empathy. Well zero empathy. I think that means you're either narciss sister or a sociopathy one of those. I don't know. I don't know if it was zero, but it was very low. I'm like, no, I mean I have empathy. But Si is now zen. But we'll smack a bitch. She's in but we'll smack I like that.
Speaker 3: I love that side mits that when she's pissed off at someone, she will talk shit about a bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like whatever, I'm willing to talk little shit. Then we get back to Jenna's house and I'm a little bit confused because Jenna isn't showing her girlfriend but her girlfriend's mom mom. And I'm one if this is going to happen all season long because also I don't necessarily if I'm not gonna meet Cas, if we're not going to watch Cass, I don't know that I need to see Cass's mom.
Speaker 3: I hope we're gonna be able to see her, But I am excited to explore Rockhal's relationship.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, Jenna's friend and the new housewife.
Speaker 3: But I'm kind of obsessed with that relationship and that couple because they ride motorcycles. And when I saw that, I went, no, I'm the only housewife that rides motorcycles in the entire franchise.
Speaker 2: So no, I don't like that. I think I am.
Speaker 3: And then I realized that Mel makes her ride on the back now because she dropped her bike. That's my biggest fear is dropping the bike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I could not. Seriously, I need to pick.
Speaker 3: Up Yeah, so gold star lesbian means that you haven't had sex with the opposite, and then gold star.
Speaker 2: Gay is you've never had sex with a girl. But both of them have because both of them were married to men prior. But yeah, so they're not gold star.
Speaker 3: But I couldn't find anything on the interweb about Cecerian boys what their title is.
Speaker 2: So if somebody can let us know, we'd like, O, yeah, I know what that I forget what that name is. But how did you feel about Platinum? How do you feel about Jenna's dog drinking coffee? Yeah? And then at wants it knowing that it's tea. Then it backed off like he was all excited because I thought it was coffee.
Speaker 3: And then why are we always watching Jena clean her closet out? Is it just her way of showing I think it's her way of showing her life, or you know, her way of maybe she can't show too much of her business, so she'd maybe she should pay more attention to her furniture because that chare needs to be replaced, or it needs to be fixed, or she needs to stop letting people sit in it and fall to the ground.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, Uh, but we start to see a little bit of you know, Quel, I have a little dirt.
Speaker 3: So my girlfriend bought a house in New York, little apartment, and she was looking for an interior decorator. I wasn't aware that Jenna Lyons is an interior decorator. Oh yeah, I knew that thousand dollars an hour. Jennaf Lions ain't messing around.
Speaker 2: That was dollars an hour. She'd getting shit done. My friend's like, nope, that ain't happening. Well, after seeing the vagina on her period address, I could have done without that. Look right, I'm with you on that. But then Abe and Aaron go to dessert with their kids. Aaron's mom has breast cancer, which is heartbreaking. I just heard one of my friends have stage two. Oh I'm so sorry. Aaron can't tell their kids and wants to shield them a little bit longer. And then Aaron talks about a town house she likes and how there's an old mural of cherubs on the ceiling, and a says that they can get some mushrooms and stare at it for hours. This is completely a case of and you see how annoyed Aaron gets at him, where she's like, you shouldn't be saying this on television. I'm surprised they actually let her say this and the.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah break in the fourth wall, but then she mentioned it last season.
Speaker 2: So clearly these two take mushrooms. Yeah, clearly. I mean, are micro dos micro dose? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Those little a lot of people do. Would you joke about that on camera?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean I guess. I mean I don't micro dose and I don't take mushrooms, So if I heard a joke about it, it would be like a hypothetical. So I maybe I would. If I actually did it, then probably not. Are they now?
Speaker 3: They do a little interview with Aaron interconfessional and it was a little behind the scenes and she's like, I'm not going there with I think she's got her marriage. I'm not ready to go there yet. So I hope they're not having marriage problems.
Speaker 2: I mean, the way they're laying it out is that they are. It feels like there's some tension. Yeah, I'm not ready for that. I like them both. Yeah, I like them both too. But you can you can feel it. You can feel when you're at and you know, it's also hard when you're filming a moment and your kids are there and they're talking, but then they're you know, you're trying to get whatever it is that the two adults are trying to talk about. It just all gets right.
Speaker 3: And it's always so fun filming with kids that age because you never know what's going to come out of their mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, oh, our new place is so small, just because it's not multi level. You're like separate.
Speaker 3: It's like one of those who you're pinching them under the table. Don't pinch me, yeah, quick kicking me? Why are you kicking me under the table. It's also something Eddie would do. See I wouldn't probably say like, don't say that. I probably pinch him out at the table and be like, why you pitching now, bab it.
Speaker 2: But then it's Brend's nighttime event getting the girls together. There's tension with Cy and Bren as well as Aaron and Bren, both over things Brent told Jenna. They said, this is what I'm starting to not love the amount of work that Jenna is doing off camera. Yeah, like, Jenna, if you're gonna tell Aarin that they told you, that should be on camera.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: But on camera she's very demir, what's that song? Modest? Modest? But it's like, no, you're you know, I appreciate that she has a close relationship with Aaron and their friends, but like, that's not fair to us to not have seen the original conversation. I mean, clearly Jessel and Brent were starring the ship, but then Jenna to go do it off camera, like at least to a faced time.
Speaker 3: Well then also she didn't even say it correctly, if I'm not if I'm if I'm correct.
Speaker 2: I mean I didn't feel like Jessel really said anything like that. No, Jessel kind of just went along with it, Like how could we have be confused by what she said? Like I think Jessel will go with whatever the wind takes her. And then at the end of the day, when you know, her feet are being held to the fire.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was so hard to follow all of this because it was a lot of he said, she said whatever. All I was thinking the whole time is what the hell is Jenna Lions wearing a vagina vagina tampon dress?
Speaker 2: I know, but it was that how any vagina or in any vagina? I think it was both, I don't know. But also once it was pointed out to her that, you know by I think cast said it to her looked like a vagina on its period. I don't know that at that point I'd be like, you know what, I would still wear this.
Speaker 3: I know it was probably a million dollars. It was probably Imagine if I wore that. I mean, that's something you have to be six foot tall to wear.
Speaker 2: I mean we would. I mean I can't even imagine what we'd look like in that. But then none of the girls really say any different when she calls it that, They're all like, yeah, that's what it looks like. They're like, yeah, not great. But then Cy apologizes to Jennifer, saying she doesn't like her because this is now another drama that's been brought up. She admits she didn't get to know Jenna, but then I'm like, why are we going back a full year ago? Like why are we having to go into the archives? And then Jenna hugs her and says she appreciates her, And then Jenna telling Rebecca it might be a little too early for her to get involved, and Rebecca saying, okay, like a shy schoolgirl, I feel like she isn't in it for this world. Jessel tells Aaron that she wants to try and espresso martini with mescal. Aaron says she has no problem letting her try it if she's nicer to her, and then Jessel asks about her cryptic texts. Aaron says she was bummed that Jessel sat with Jenna and said Aaron said she was poor. Jessel says bren turns truth into manipulation and in Zach exaggeration, and she also says that bren will make you look like a liar.
Speaker 3: I mean, Brenn is really pissing off all the women. I know she's working overtime to get the drama. But then I'm like, who is brent close with at the moment?
Speaker 2: Is it anyone? Her sugar daddy dog, her trigger daddy dog, and her brother? Did you hear when Brennan like gets upset so that she needs to leave and then her brother goes already I know, But bren then comes over to Jessel Jenn Aaron's conversation and Aaron goes. Aaron says she told the truth and Brenn doesn't do that. Brenn brings up Aaron on Jeff Lewis and him saying she sleeps with men for money. Aaron says, and there's another flashback at Jeff Lewis, I wonder if he get paid for this, but not saying that, actually not saying that. Then Aaron says, anyone can watch it and can make their own judgment, but he didn't say that. Aaron does agree she should have shut it down sooner, which I thought it was nice, and she already apologized for that. The problem here, I think is that these things happen and off season, they resolve them off season, and now for the cameras, they're bringing it back up, just thir the shit, and it just makes things very confusing.
Speaker 3: It's like we always have a thing. They're like, unless it's really pat relevant, like don't bring up stupid shit that happened off season, no, and unless it's unless it's big, like it's something that you know, well, the reason why you don't want to speak to somebody. But I don't think that the pot the radio Jeff's show was anything.
Speaker 2: Not bad, no, but it just made it feel forced.
Speaker 3: Now you know what was bad is when SI said that Rebecca was boring.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was bad.
Speaker 3: But the flashbacks are not doing Brent any favors whatsoever?
Speaker 2: No, and then Si says something is unwell with Brent. She doesn't know if Aaron and Jenner are on Brend's nerves since they are closed. Now, Bren brings up side, texting you, Jessel and your Dory for finding Nemo look alike husband too. Then they panned a space now but now I cannot see it. Well. Then Cy says Brent is a narcissistic, gas lighting asshole. Cy and Jessel have moved on, so she doesn't get why Brent is deflecting. SI says, not today, Satan, and what's the way, But who said that already? Haven't people already said that? Candace said it.
Speaker 3: Not today Satan, not today today neck, not today angles or something like that. Yeah, well I'm not today Satan.
Speaker 2: Is this is a sane I mean, I've heard it, I know. But if you're gonna like it seemed intense, so like, if you're gonna go for it, then you next saying opinion.
Speaker 3: But I had Brent saying I I don't understand what. She tells her brother like it's time to leave. He's like already, and she's like all I do is.
Speaker 2: Google and laugh all day long. I'm not causing havoc.
Speaker 3: I'm like, come on, girl, plan, I love you so much, and you're so good for the show, and you're so cute and I love that she giggles and laughs all the time.
Speaker 2: But your cousin shit, and you know your cousin shit because you ain't dumb. Ya ain't dumb, You're wrong.
Speaker 3: Brand You're sweet, cute. See giggling just act isn't working.
Speaker 2: And then guess who comes? The episode's fully over and then Uba strolls in. Yeah, well, how can it you always be that late to filming? Is Uba a friend or yeah? That is kind of I mean, unless this entire fight happened. I mean, maybe she has.
Speaker 3: A real job and she was working and she just but they literally just as soon as she walked in.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're done. Well, apparently she's gonna get more heated as the season goes on, because she's saying like Naomi Campbell could never, Giselle Bunched, could never, and then Brend's like, you model for dress Barn, so shit. Apparently we're going to see more of her in a bit, But for this episode, Uba just came in and out out quite quickly, so Wulls have to keep stay in tuned. But I mean, I think there's there's potential. I think they're just wrapping up a bunch of shit that happened off camera during the off season because they had a pretty long break. So hopefully we'll get more coming out of ten, What would you rate it? Ten being good? Six yeah, six yeah. Now that I went to Dance to the Stars, I need paddles. I give you a six seven all right, thanks guys,