Speaker 1: Is this is Serial Killers?
Speaker 2: Stop?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm wearing a sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: At least do it like the country club? Boy?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just trying to pretend that it's a different I know.
Speaker 1: But look, let's let's make you go to the country club. Oh Winston, Oh, yes, of course, Yes, I'm going to the cape.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm going to the Cape. Look at that. Oh my god, it looks great with your shirt. But you tied me to the chair? What you tied me to the chairs? Hey? Welcome to serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Oh you're gonna go boating after this? Where you're going?
Speaker 2: I am? I'm going the fishing Club?
Speaker 1: Oh the Pacific Bay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yep, it's the fishing club. Yes.
Speaker 1: No, I love to fish in the Pacific. It's way better. The oceans and the tides are way better for crabs. Oh.
Speaker 2: Today is is Cooper's graduation?
Speaker 1: Wow? Pre Kate kindergarten?
Speaker 2: No, she's done with middle school today, jerk off?
Speaker 1: So fifth into sixth.
Speaker 2: No, Dick eighth in the night. Oh wow, isn't it crazy?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: I still have to get the apple sauce though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, regrettably, still can't stay home. No, no, she will never stay home Solid.
Speaker 2: She's onto solid.
Speaker 1: Dad's job is never done.
Speaker 2: Now she gets chunky Apple sauce bro Chunky. Wow, she can chew the teeth. The teeth have come in. Okay, Hey, this is the podcast where we eat cereal and we think inside the box, and it's called Serial Killers. We're celebrating well over five years and almost thirteen hundred cereals.
Speaker 1: Yes, we have to get in touch with the Guinness Book of World Record.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling that that ship has sailed.
Speaker 1: I don't either. I don't think it has, all right, I hope it hasn't. No, because we need to actually follow up on things I.
Speaker 2: Know we do. And that's that's a problem that this show has. We don't only follow up.
Speaker 1: I follow up.
Speaker 2: You're always so busy, and I'm always no, no, no, I'm always so curating, not.
Speaker 1: Doing it, not doing it.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm so busy curating, that's right, Okay.
Speaker 2: And shopping for serial like this brand new one Andrew from Walmart. Do you have any idea?
Speaker 1: Y last week was bad. My car died.
Speaker 2: I told you we had an appointment with her, and you're like, I don't think so well.
Speaker 1: We never sent any call on details.
Speaker 2: We were supposed to talk to the Guinness Book of World Records girl, because we feel like we might have a record. We chat, don't you think this week? So right now if you can, why do you talk when you just so people think that you're doing something?
Speaker 1: Well, it just it helps get my words out. It's like when the parents. Well, I guess speech to text is different because you're actually getting the text part. Anyway, Okay, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: So if if I go to Serial Killers PC right now, it says that we've done eleven hundred and eighty nine serials, not counting last week's episode, So that's eleven hundred and ninety two serials. So we are approaching twelve hundred serials reviewed, which is insane.
Speaker 1: I was talking to my friends this past week and they were like, how's the Cereal podcast going? And they said, oh, yeah, we've done almost twelve hundred cereals And they were like what right, Like, yeah, it's twelve hundred cereals.
Speaker 2: That's a mind blowing number. It is.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: We've tried a lot because people like there's not that many sort well, I mean there have been, that's the thing. There's not twelve hundred on the shelf. Now, but over the years they come and go, oh look there's your face.
Speaker 1: And sometimes you even keep them and you feed them to me. Yes, twenty five years later, Yes, that was the funnest day ever. It was not for the most fun day ever. His funnest funnest is not proper, I know, if not with your ask on on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're an asshole.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: Oh ask Scott right, got the episode title? That's your ah's good job heal? All right, So anyway, this is from Walmart. It is great value and it is confetti crunch.
Speaker 1: Okay, why it's birthday cake, which is also just vanilla.
Speaker 2: Well, well so they don't, but you should be very happy they don't call a birthday cake.
Speaker 1: I am. Confetti is nice.
Speaker 2: But confetti's not even food.
Speaker 1: I know, it's not. It's actual pieces of paper that they put into.
Speaker 2: The Yes, yes, so confetti crunch. It looks like cinnamon toast crunch, except it's gonna be cake flavored. Okay, yeah, great, I look at that really difficult maize on the back. Oh, that cat really wants to get to that other cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully he finds his way.
Speaker 2: I gotta get this off like an idiot.
Speaker 1: You never look like an idiot, Scott.
Speaker 2: And if you want to know what we're talking about, check out this episode on YouTube. Well, by the way, two weeks ago I did that episode with Daniell because you couldn't come in because your car broke.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: We need to get that up on YouTube.
Speaker 1: You need to send me the video.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it's on my phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, whatever you need, Scott.
Speaker 2: Who this smells nice. It almost smells like fruity pebbles.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Why yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah you could see. I don't love that the confetti looks a little moldish.
Speaker 2: Well because there's some blue and green on Yeah, no, for sure. It's just maybe they should keep the blue in the green out of the confetti.
Speaker 1: As the kids would say, it's giving mold.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're gonna go for the two percent store brand milk, I mean, because that's what we have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, can I have a spoon?
Speaker 2: Oh it's King Colin milk. Look at that. America's oldest supermarket started on Long Island.
Speaker 1: Fun fact yep, so many fun facts about Long Island that you know because I live there. Yeah, you probably do history tours or something.
Speaker 2: I would like to. Actually, there's a guy that I now follow that does all history of all different things.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Mm interesting, crunchy. I don't know what to think of it, Andrew, I don't know if it's really good or really bad.
Speaker 1: It's not bad. It is bad.
Speaker 2: It's interesting. So limited edition.
Speaker 1: I don't hate it. The sweetness isn't like overpowering, but it doesn't really have any taste outside of sweet.
Speaker 2: I do taste. Yeah, it wants to do something. I taste a little birthday party in my mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like a sad one where like one other kid came.
Speaker 2: That happened to me.
Speaker 1: My sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't no, no go.
Speaker 2: There's a sad, sad picture of me from like my fourth or fifth birthday in the backyard, which was all dug up for some reason. Yeah, we're at a big, long table. We had big It's weird because hanging from the umbrella were big long balloons. Yeah, they weren't regularly like the ones you make animals with, but they were hanging there and it said happy birthday in seventy silver and there was one boy sitting there.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my brother was there because he had to be and he was like oooh, he was miserable. It was my mom, me, my brother, one boy, and I think there might have been one other kid there, but nobody showed. It was so hot. My birthday is in August. Yeah, it was so hot. And the only thing that was the only game that we had was this Mickey Mouse bean bag Toss. The records were warped on my Fisher Price record player. I think like Celebration was playing, but it was like, well, come on, because it's all warped. Not fun. Sounds like a fun time. Yeah, but see that those things stick in your head.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I I could.
Speaker 2: Traumatic situations and happy situations will always be burned in your.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Psyche, think about it. You had such a glow up when it came to your bot mitzvah, bar bar mitzvah.
Speaker 2: What was that have to do with it?
Speaker 1: Because then that was a party everyone came to.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't not come to that. It's a huge party with invitations and things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I mean when you're that age kids? Kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you have all the adult vitations, you have all the adults that go just because they go to give you the thirty six dollars and whatever. Back then it was thirty six bucks. It's much more now, that's crazy. Some kids even gave eighteen. That's insane. Eighteen dollars. That's because HI is eighteen, and that's like good luck to life, happy everything, eighteen. So you would give gifts in denominations of eighteen dollars. That's why if you wanted to be a big spender, you'd make it thirty six.
Speaker 1: Oh, because you're like doubling up on the luck.
Speaker 2: Double up kid, here you go. Oh cool, he's a thirty six dollars check that your parents are gonna take anyway.
Speaker 1: Don't spend it all in one place.
Speaker 2: See, well, you could buy things much more than is there bad numbers? Bad numbers, yeah, bad juwe numbers. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: They might I accidentally gave a check for like fifty bucks, or to be.
Speaker 2: Like, how dare you maybe if you give me a check for like six hundred and sixty six dollars, that's probably not good for anybody, But I don't know. Okay, that's like an fu I would take it, but but like, do I cash it? What's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You'd cash a check on I would kid yourself. Yeah, I would too, Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: You know what I would do is I would give them four dollars so they gave me six hundred and seventy back. That would make me feel better. Yeah, okay, but I would give it to them two dollar bills and they be like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: You wouldn't leave that bank for like six hours?
Speaker 2: I know. Oh the cereal three bowls in a spoon. I think it's pretty decent for a limited edition weird flavored cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting. Like said, it wants to do more. It just never reaches those heights. Look, there's the there's a solution for the maize on the side. It's upside down. Don't Cheatang dang that was hard?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, next up.
Speaker 2: So you might recognize this name Andrew, but you also might not because you're Andrew.
Speaker 1: Uh Kellogg's Extra.
Speaker 2: Right, Extra Extra? Like newspaper read all about it? No, So anyway, Extra came out in boxes about a year or so ago. It was very expensive. There was an orange box in a blue box. We did them both and those have since been discontinued. They came back in pouches now with different flavors. This is chocolate chunk.
Speaker 1: Why is it corn? Oh? That's wheat?
Speaker 2: Is that you were me buzzing of?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 2: Actually looks like if you were to look at this bag, I would think this came from some other country, Like I feel like this would be on the shelf at Walmart and Kancun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or in like Yugoslavia or something.
Speaker 2: But nope, that's American.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna get rolling here. I'm gonna open it up. You can read it in a second. Let me just pour a little bit. Oh boy, those are some giant clusters. Wow, giant. That was really rude of me. But I'm just playing the game.
Speaker 1: You know, you're playing the game. What's the game?
Speaker 2: You know? The play game?
Speaker 1: The play Are you good?
Speaker 2: You know how we play with each other?
Speaker 1: You know how we play game. We play game all time.
Speaker 2: Let's see, they're just big old chunks at all.
Speaker 1: Clusters rich chocolate.
Speaker 2: It looks really good.
Speaker 1: Oh. They suggest that you put it on top of yogurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two percent reduced fat milk from the King that is yours.
Speaker 1: The one thing I'm not liking already. The chocolate chunks don't float.
Speaker 2: And look at the size they shouldn't float.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I thought it was going to be in the granola.
Speaker 2: Look at the size of that that is That is a granola bar right there.
Speaker 1: I literally can't fight.
Speaker 2: Can you please look at my giant granola?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's the thing. You've got to base your rating on that too. I like to flavor. The chocolate is good. Baked oat clusters not bad. It's a lot approaching in there. That's a good granola.
Speaker 1: I know it's not in here, but I thought I was teaching peanut butter.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna have four balls.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: It's a nice, nice food, nice snack, nice cereal.
Speaker 1: I didn't give it three balls. I'm not wowed.
Speaker 2: That's fine, but it is good. Here's my question when we do finally talk to the Guinness people, do you think that granola will count?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: In our cereal count.
Speaker 1: It absolutely will.
Speaker 2: Does it say cereal anywhere on here? No, it's actually says granola, So I don't know it'll count.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows it's a cereal. Like when have you ever met somebody and they've been like a cereal purist where they're like, no, I mean maybe you because you're in weird Facebook groups.
Speaker 2: But that's official. What about oatmeal? Then that's not a cereal either is granola?
Speaker 1: So you're the odd guy in the Facebook group. Actually no, according to Google, it says that it's not.
Speaker 2: Yes, things need to be correct, Andrew, that's life.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I think they're going to count it. I think we're fine.
Speaker 2: I hope. So all right, we're gonna take a break now and we'll be back right after. God, there's just nothing for me to play, bro is what's this? Oh that's when we used to play games. Remember we never played a game? Yeah we did. That was the guess the music beat?
Speaker 1: That was just you going through the music libraryan I guarantee you that that's a thing in a show. Oh it's Friends, right, And you played it for the Friend serial. That's why you put it as the beat. It's the beat of Friend right. And I said, guess this song?
Speaker 2: What? No, there was Friends Cereal?
Speaker 1: I remember that. Really it was the like thirtieth or twentieth anniversary of the show, and that's when they had the serial. And that's when they you go to the cafe or whatever it was called the cafe park whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't watch Friends Central Perk. I didn't either, but it's like, you know, hello pop culture.
Speaker 1: From you who only knows early nineties and late eighties TV. That's rich.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: That's when we play the game. She wants to play a game.
Speaker 2: Right back. Okay, and we're back. This is the wonderful Serial Killers podcast. Thank you for staying this long.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you for listening. We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: We need to start doing things to show people that we actually appreciate. I would love to sticking around so much, like playing more games and things, or doing like live things and getting merched. Nobody wants to see live things.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to see live things.
Speaker 2: We should do merch though and merch.
Speaker 1: We want to do both. We should do both. Thank you so much more.
Speaker 2: To come back to my travels.
Speaker 1: This is Kroger crazy Berry Crunch Look at the giraffe is so cool. This is crunch cap in Captain Crunch what crunch Berry?
Speaker 2: Very good?
Speaker 1: Groovy baby, It's a funny new day and I feel cool. Gonna eat cereal and go to school, Gonna shout Ola to everyone, because no matter what happens, I'm here for the fun. That was fun.
Speaker 2: What's the giraft's name, Groovy Gabby. Yeah, that's Groovy Gabby.
Speaker 1: Hi, Groovy Gabby from Kroger. Do you think that they have a giraffe at the Kroger Food Market?
Speaker 2: Oh, Andrew, You're so silly. No, But we did see Marty at Stop and Shot the other day. That thing is freaky. Marty's the robot that goes around with the good gley eyes looking for spills.
Speaker 1: At the Revolving Sushi place in Jersey City. They have a robot too.
Speaker 2: Cooper, so messed up. She throws a berry on the floor, like right by its feet so it'll stop and call for help.
Speaker 1: So it can't do anything. It's just is like ha ha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just goes. There's a berry, help said help to Aisle four.
Speaker 1: What everyone's like, AI is going to take over? If that's it, I'm pretty sure we can just knock him down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Why can't Marty just have like a vacuum underneath it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a mop woes That makes sense something.
Speaker 2: So here is your knockoff, Captain crunch Crunchberry from Kroger it's just called crazy Berry crunch.
Speaker 1: Crazy berry crunch with Gabby.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got a chunk of something in here.
Speaker 1: Look at this sugar.
Speaker 2: Oh no, the milk is frozen. That's ice milk. Oh yeah, you have a spoon. I do, thanks now, Captain Punch Crunchberry is one of your favorites.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistakes and this looks exactly like it, I would not know the difference.
Speaker 2: Of course you wouldn't. I mean, I don't know how they get to taste so similar. Yeah, how do you think they do that? I do know for a fact that some of the cereal companies do make the generics and the store brands.
Speaker 1: Five bowl what's the same thing?
Speaker 2: You really? Five bowls?
Speaker 1: M h?
Speaker 2: I love crunchberries, that's true. It's not one of my favorite favorite cereal's. Cap and Crunch is just not it for me. But doesn't matter based on taste. It's still good. I enjoy it. I'm going to give it four bowls.
Speaker 1: I think that probably the people who work over at General Mills.
Speaker 2: No post, Nope, keep going, pal Kellogg's. No at you're looking for Captain Crunch, Keep going. There's only one more major, buddy, I know really your.
Speaker 1: Dad, Kelluggs, your dad, oh the Quaker? Yeah wow, Okay. I have a feeling that the guys after work probably go to the factory like the bar, and then you know, people like you probably are sitting there like how are the cereals made? And they don't care. They're like, it's one fifth cup of zorghum, it's a fifth a cup of food. Die and they give away the whole recipe. Oh I see, and that's how they're able to make such a close replica.
Speaker 2: Well, also, you can just look at the box of the ingredients anyway, that's a way. Yeah, yeah, So I do appreciate your listening to this podcast. Andrew's gonna go back to his desk now, have some coffee. Please follow us at serial Killers PC on Instagram. Look at the website serial KILLERSPC dot com. You can see how many cereals we've done. You can go check out the actual cap'n Crunch crunchberry, see what we gave it and see if you know what. Let's just do that right now. Since I'm on Serial KILLERSPC dot com, I'm gonna type in C A P capt'n Crunch. Do you see crunchberry? Andrew f No, that's too much. I can't.
Speaker 1: There's things in the way. It's right there, right there. Yep, please click that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll just click that right there. Oh episode, Oh my goodness. So you gave cap'n crunch Crunchberry's five balls, and I gave it three balls in a spoon, very similar because we gave this one four. So oh. Cooper loved it. Also. That's another cool thing about the website. You can go back and look at all the old episodes, all the way back to episode number one. Look at our hair. It's god, I didn't have any gray hair there.
Speaker 1: He did not.
Speaker 2: Really, that's crazy. Look at you. You were so skinny.
Speaker 1: I mean I still pretty much look the same.
Speaker 2: I'm young.
Speaker 1: I still have those same shorts.
Speaker 2: This episode is almost six years. We've done this podcast for six years. Holy hell and a hand basket. Yeah, even more probably we started I think in March of twenty nineteen. Right. Wow, that's bananas.
Speaker 1: The a Na Na.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Banana's Andrew, that was the very first episode was Captain was frosted flakes like cream and.
Speaker 1: It was disgusting. I think starting off on a bad cereal was really the best idea we had.
Speaker 2: How did we know?
Speaker 1: Because I mean, how could you think of banana frosted flake would taste good?
Speaker 2: Because maybe? All right, we gotta go thank girl. Listening to serial Killers follow us like us do these things. And hopefully I have a bull chat for you coming soon because we just like to talk about other stuff as well. Sometimes. Yay until we see you again. Andrews say, crunch, crunch.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was fun. Kay, I gotta go buy