Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star and for scoo and now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is January twenty third, twenty twenty five, and we are ninety one days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome in everybody to the Draft Show, presented by Miller, Like the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. It's Miller time and it's time to talk draft. Might be time to hire a new head coach. We'll know very surely here.
Speaker 3: Over the next couple of days.
Speaker 2: I think we're starting to get a pretty good fixture of it all. But we've got Nick, Harris, Voch Lombardi, Tommy Yarsh, Brian brought us. I'm Kyle Yeoman's glad you're with us. Lots still to be decided in the building. It's kind of tough to really dive in until that decision has been made, but we'll hit that later on. One thing I do want to talk about, Nick, you you sent me a quote from the new GM of the Tennessee Titans speaking on what it's going to take up at the front of the draft. And that's one thing we haven't mentioned yet is what could happen in front of the Cowboys at twelve. He said, you don't want to pass on a generational talent at the.
Speaker 4: Number one pace.
Speaker 3: We are not going to we are not going to pass on in terms of the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 2: So that kind of begs the question, who's the generational talent that they're not going to pass on and what else.
Speaker 3: Could fall in front of the first eleven picks.
Speaker 4: There's there's a very clear generational talent in this draft. And his name rhymes with Bravis Bunner, you know, And I think I think that's the I think that's the obvious one. You could make the case that there's three, though. You can make the case for Abdul Carter, make the case. I'm not necessarily saying that. I'm saying you can make the case. And I think you can make the case for gent. Yeah, those are the guys you can make the case for. You're not making the You're not making the case for cam Ward. I don't think you're making the case for any of these other guys that are you know, rumored to go top five. I think I think that they eventually follow on one of those three guys. But if he's if he's coming out with a statement like that, and the odds yesterday in Vegas flip heavily into Travis Hunter's favor, I don't know. I think we might see Hunter to go to Nashville.
Speaker 5: They need a quarterback though they do more than anything, but they've whipp done some quarterbacks recently.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe Travis Hunter can air that thing out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, speaking of generation, we'll Salent, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Did you ever hear that type of talk from a brand new GM Brian Becket.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's absolutely, you know, it's one of the things that when you know, I had the opportunity to run the draft in Philadelphia in ninety eight. We were sitting there in the eleven hole, and you know, if I remember working with the scouts in Philadelphia and thinking that way about Randy Moss, you know, and Jeff Lurie made the statement that you know, listen, Brian, I'm not comfortable taking the player, and I'm thinking, okay, well, sir, just know that he is this type of a player. He can be an absolute difference maker's I just don't feel comfortable taking him. Brian and I'll and I'll wear that one. He goes, I'll wear that one if that's where we're going to go, and I said, well, yes, sir, you own this team, and and we moved on. But yeah, I think that every general manager, you know, the older I've gotten, the more I want the I want the the the best player, I want the healthiest player, and I want the most stable player my first round pick. And I think if you find a guy that has all three of those traits, he's got a chance to be that type of player for you. So yeah, I can I surely appreciate, Uh what the what the r GM there in Tennessee is trying to do? What were the three elements there? You said, Yeah, give me, give me a guy it's got give me a guy it's an outstanding the ability as a player, give me the guy that's got the health and give me the guy that's the stable guy. Absolutely, you think Travis Hunter fits all three of those? I think did Travis Hunter? Absolutely does? I think Travis Hunter if you if you really really dive into Travis Hunter, you know you could see the fact that he plays at such a high level that you know, I the only player I kind of remember was a Charles Woodson, and I think Charles Woodson to me was a generational player. As matter of fact, it cost me my job here that with Charles Woodson, that I fought for him so hard that Bill Parcells wanted nothing to do with me after that point. But Charles Woodson went on even later with Green Bay and had a tremendous career. But I do believe that. And so, yeah, Travis Hunter, you watch how he you know, how he plays these games. You watch how he interacts with people. You know. I mean there's a lot of people he's having to deal with because of what social media is nowadays. He's having to know his own personal life is kind of getting drug through the mud a little bit. And I think he's handling things very very well. Very stable guy, you know, outstanding player, and you know the health of the guy. He's been banged up a little bit, not to the point where it would take you make you think about, you know, is he a guy that's always going to be hurt. I don't think that's the case for Travis Hunter. What do you guys think about outside of Hunter? The guys that fit those three different molds. In terms of a generational type of player, I.
Speaker 6: Don't really use generational a lot because I would like for there to be a whole generation of players, you know, prior to you know you being the next dude.
Speaker 7: Right. So, Ashton Jentsy, right, fantastic.
Speaker 6: I can't call him generational because two drafts ago would have another fantastic running back like this.
Speaker 5: Is John a couple weeks or a couple of years ago.
Speaker 6: Sure, So I think what you got to ask yourself with this? First of all, the GM on where he's probably lying, right, it's January. You know you're not gonna show your hand in early January, late January, February, right, But let's just ask, just heal a little game, play a little game. Do you take with hindsight Jayden Daniels, we know who Jayden Daniels is, franchise quarterback?
Speaker 7: Or do you take generational Travis Hunter.
Speaker 4: If I'm Washington, or is assist in general if.
Speaker 6: You Tennessee, and we have this time machine where we know who Jayden and Daniels is, he's in this draft, he's versus let's assume they don't like cam Ward that's why he said, oh okay, yeah, right, So let's take a generational player versus a quarterback that you feel like it's gonna hit and take any quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm taking Daniels. Yeah, so it it.
Speaker 6: I mean, you don't want to be Pittsburgh saying okay, well, let's take Kenny Pickett just because he's a quarterback.
Speaker 7: And Kenny Pickett is that a whole nothering And that was at.
Speaker 5: The twenty fourth overall pick. Now the first overall pick.
Speaker 6: So that makes it even worse. So if it's me, man, if you trust the quarterback, take the quarterback. If you don't trust the quarterback, then take the player that you trust. I'm trusting Travis over cam or Chador or whatever.
Speaker 3: Do you trust these quarterbacks?
Speaker 8: I trust cam Ward at number one. I think that makes the most sense. And I'm with Vatch. I think there's a little bit of coach speaks slash GM speak.
Speaker 5: Going on little Lyons.
Speaker 8: I think it's a little hashtag lying season because later on in this press conference, he also said that they're going to turn over every rock to find their franchise changing quarterback. And I think for the Titans tennis camp Ward makes the sense. Yeah, how much are they gonna pay im?
Speaker 5: What is it? Forty million dollars? All the money, all the money?
Speaker 8: Okay, No, I think that, you know, if for them in their in their situation, I think quarterback makes the most sense.
Speaker 5: And I think that.
Speaker 8: If they if they draft a guy like cam Ward, then your GM's going to come back out and be like, oh, well, he's a generational talent. Because there's your GM speak, because they want to sell it to the fan base. So I think they're just trying to sell it to the fan base. It's his first day on the job. Try and generate as much hype as you can. If he's If they're going to draft generational player, it's going to be Travis Hunter. But if they're going to draft their franchise changing quarterback after they turn every rock, I think it's camp board.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I ran in the cam woard last night. He was at the North Texas basketball game. I asked him to be on the show. He said, no, he's a media can. Okay, he's just hanging out.
Speaker 5: He's hanging out with his former head coach, Eric Morris.
Speaker 4: Yeah, watch the recruit watches just be a situation It's like when the Calves have the number one overall pick in twenty thirteen and they drafted Anthony Bennett when there was they're gonna draft like Nick Scourton first overall. We're gonna look back on that quote. Generational.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, wow, he is generation but but like those kind of guys, they don't really save the day really, like Miles Garrett, right, generational guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's not the guy saving Cleveland.
Speaker 6: Right, Like they got to look for quarterback and they kind of let Baker going. Baker's doing great things somewhere else. But you know, like Mac didn't change the Raiders, Like what generational guy recently has changed that team so much? Where Hey, this generational dude changed the whole face of what we do quarterback or not?
Speaker 4: Are we talking number one overall? Because I think Mahomes, for sure.
Speaker 7: That's different. He's a generational quarterback.
Speaker 6: I think that's kind of outside of a non quarterback generational player.
Speaker 7: When was the last time.
Speaker 2: One of the guys at the top of the list might be across the hallway? Micah look at the way that this twenty twenty Cowboys defense was and then what it has become, said then he changed the face of the identity of the Cowboys franchise as the edge rusher, and a lot of that was dan Quinn too. Don't get me wrong, they've they changed the identity, but I don't think you do that.
Speaker 5: Without Micah in the fold. But I get your point. And that's just one example along the way. Maybe Jamar Chase and what he did. But he's got a generational quarterback up there. He's got a great quarterback and John say that guy, let me, let me say this, and this is going to be way off that probably like at a left field, that kid at the Raiders, that tight end has got power, rock powers. I mean, if they get things kind of fixed up where they get the offensive line and you get a quarterback, and that kid has a chance to be a player that for you know, he could be as great as the Tony Gonzalezes and the guys, all those great tight ends that we've seen throughout history, you know, I mean the way that he makes plays, the way I mean, if he stays healthy, I mean he is going to break a lot of tight end records. I mean, we saw a great one here for a number of years. But Chasing Witten this kid's got a chance to be even better than that. And when you look at numbers and touchdowns and all those things, I think he could be a generational player for the for the Raiders. What happens after Tennessee, then if we're talking about generational, we're talking about the possibility there of a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Or Travis Hunter.
Speaker 5: I think we can maybe say that's fair outside of nick scenario A moment ago, what happens.
Speaker 2: With Cleveland, New York, New England, Jacksonville to round out that top five? Where do you feel like they could lean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a need kind of across the board from two to eleven. I think there's two positions that really stick out as edge and receiver. And I see the Browns going after Abdual quarter I think that makes the most sense. Unless they really like one of these two quarterbacks and they fall to them Giants, they're gonna be looking for a quarterback. Patriots, they are gonna be looking for an edge. Jaguars, you could be making the case that they could be looking for secondary. I mean, there's gonna be some different positions that go before the Cowboys pick as well. But I see receiver and edge as most likely.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd agree with that.
Speaker 8: I think Giants and Vegas you're looking at you're looking at quarterback and then receiver and edge gonna be something offensive line too. I could definitely see be in a position that goes at run. You know those those top end tackles, like a Will Campbell from LSU or Kelvin Banks from Texas. It wouldn't surprised me at all if they don't get out of the top ten. I mean, you look at teams like Chicago that could use one, Jacksonville, maybe even Vegas if they if they really like a guy and don't want to go to the quarterback route, you can take one there.
Speaker 5: You have any positions up top votch that have to go before.
Speaker 6: Twelve, honestly, no, man, Just personally, I think they're just gonna take the best dude, like whoever they think the best do. I don't think there's a the best wide receiver has to go here because they need wide receiver. I think all these teams kind of suck equally or whatever, you know, so they're just gonna go, Okay, we can use a lot of things, right, so we'll just take Carter right here, we could use a lot. So let's just take Mason Graham right here and just take the best guy. Because I got to BPA early. If you're in that two to five range, you can't go. I need a receiver.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 6: But Mason Graham is much better than this receiver. So I'm gonna take the receiver. I think maybe when you get down to like eight or nine, that's when those guys start to go in for knee more. But I think when once you get past Graham and Carter and those guys, and you know, t Mac and all that, then it'll kind of open up the board just a little bit. But you're not taking Kelvin Banks over over Carter or over Yeah.
Speaker 5: To me, there's a lot of questions about this offensive tackle group. Yeah, and then I think that's going to scare some people. I mean especially, and I keep saying this. I think, though, when you get to the top of that board, you want to take the best player, and you want to take the healthiest one, the most stable one. That's the three things that I gave you right there. You want to do everything in your power to eliminate any potential mistakes that you're gonna make and that when you're in the top five, there's no reason to gamble on guys. You take the guy that looks like to be and there's no reason not to take the hunters and the carters and the gent's and to my point, even McMillan, you know from Arizona, there's guys like that. I tell you what, if Simmons with the tackle from from Ohio State was healthy, he would be in the mix for me too. But there's a lot of corners. I just think you take the guy that can absolutely cover all and check all those boxes we talk about all the time, and then now worry about things at the top of the second round, the top of the third round, and then work your draft from there.
Speaker 2: So does that approach where I know in the past we've wanted.
Speaker 5: Quarterbacks to go early. Every quarterback possible.
Speaker 2: Go in the top ten picks, the top eleven picks, or whatever it is leading into the Cowboys. Does that BPA mindset of we don't want to risk it in the top ten top eleven.
Speaker 5: Picks help or hurt the Cowboys? I think if anything, it probably hurts them. Yeah, it definitely hurts because what you're going to have to do is now you're trying to kind of figure out, you know, the other teams if they're taking their best players off their board, that's going to hurt you for where you're going to as well, because you're all looking at the same players. But you know you're going to be you're going to be on the very edge of your window potentially of a first round grade on your board. Not to say that taking it players sixteen on your border seventeen is a bad thing, but you would like ultimately to try and navigate this thing where you take somebody out of your first round stack.
Speaker 3: Have you done a mock draft yet?
Speaker 5: Nick?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, not this early on.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 4: I try to stay away until after combine.
Speaker 2: Okay, has anybody done one yet? Looking at just where it's gonna end up? I don't vatch you do a couple on the YouTube.
Speaker 7: I do that. Mock drafts are goofy. I hate them.
Speaker 6: And if you know everybody's not gonna they just oh, they'll never take a dual carter second over, you'll know what you're talking about. Like, people hate mock drafts, but they love to look at them, but they hate you for picking.
Speaker 7: Nobody knows what.
Speaker 3: How many are in your mentions right now.
Speaker 6: I don't even count them because they're not gonna upset my soul. But we do look at other people do mocks and sure, sure, and that's why we kind of have a feeling that, Okay, well Carter may be the first, you know, nun Travis Hunter got to go, oh well, Mason Graham is always righting at Jacksonville Range. You know Campbell from LSU, he's he's always a bear, and this ind three jet or always one of those guys, right, Yeah, So I think the mock drafts are what they are right now. I think Senior Bowling combine is going to happen. I think it's going to shake it up one more time. But I think the top twelve or so guys I want to say, is locked in. But I think people are going to poke some more holes in some of these.
Speaker 7: Edges up there.
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, Mike, I've been seeing him a lot in these top tensers, so I think they're going to keep poke some holes in him. He may end up out of their top twelve so conversation, But for the most part, I think the top five or seven is going to be the same.
Speaker 3: What do you feel like the safest bet is for Dallas to have their available at twelve.
Speaker 5: It's a good question. I feel like GENTI will be there. You think so, I think so?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Any reason, yeah, any reason the Bears would take him with the new head coach that they have, the fact that they the way that they draft or the way they signed running backs, the way they use running backs, they got a block for they Well, I'll tell you one thing though, if you've ever watched Barry Sanders play football or Walter Payton, they need they you know what they blocking. Like I say to me, when you take a guy like Ashton Genty, say here and Dallas's offensive line I think has got some promise. It's not anywhere where it needs to be like what you have in Philadelphia's some of these other teams that run the ball really really well. I think the back, a back that can make people miss, I think is really really important because Ashton Genty will allow you to be able to run the ball as you're developing your offensive line. And so that's why when people say you can't take it back in the first round, Well, if you have if you have an offensive line that isn't great. A great back will make a bad offensive line or a poor offensive line better. What do you think now, I'm with you.
Speaker 8: I think I completely agree, and that's why I think he you know, he could be there for Dallas. I just think the Bears. They just signed DeAndre Swift last office, sure drafted Roston Johnson a couple of years ago. I think they like what he's done for them so far, use them a little bit more towards the end of the season. Caleb Williams got sacked eight times last year. No question, they really need help on the offensive line. So I think that's kind of the direction that they would lean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I you know, I yeah, I understand to think about the line and all that stuff. But you got to also remember, though, that is a absolute new coaching staff there, and they didn't and they didn't draft any of those guys, right, so they inherited these players. That's what they've done.
Speaker 7: Bryan's point.
Speaker 6: If y'all just go watch GENC versus Organ, Right, like their first Organ, Derek Harmon beat the hell out of everybody on their boys stayed offensive line, and Gens still found a way to find what like one hundred and ninety some yards.
Speaker 7: Some of the goofy ridiculous.
Speaker 6: So even if your line is not perfect, just don't have five bad offensive line, just have just have one O five and gensy heavy with the risk.
Speaker 2: I like how the NFL script is starting to play its factor here, he said. Walter Payton and Barry Sanders. Walter Payton was pretty good in Chicago. Barry Sanders played in Detroit. Chicago just got their new head coach from Detroit. So it's all coming together, all connected in the NF You.
Speaker 4: Just manifested gents to the Packers.
Speaker 5: To me, this is yeah, this is where like say, when you start to talk about you know, Dallas, clearly I I and I don't know about you guys. We get down to it at twelve. If genty is, I guarantee you you're going to ask everybody in the room who's the best player on the board, and every one of us is going to say genty and less in fact, in fact it Hunter doesn't get picked or something like that. But yeah, we're going there's going to be some guys that are going to get picked off that board behind genty. And then when you ask us, it's going to be genty and when they don't pick him, then we'll just all move on. And they said, well, they probably needed a Buka or somebody else that they felt like that, maybe Banks. And there's nothing wrong with those picks. There's nothing wrong. But you're gonna ask us. Oh, absolutely, And the way I believe that we're going to stack our boards is that gent is going to be one of the top guys.
Speaker 4: Hey man, we have ninety three days to find an Abdual Carter gas mask video.
Speaker 7: Yes, a long time.
Speaker 5: You all's going to the combine.
Speaker 3: We need to work on this now, make this happen.
Speaker 5: We'll put it all together.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take our first break. When we come back, it's time for some twitter on the twenty.
Speaker 2: One of the questions involves moving Cooper Bbe back to guard. Is that a possibility and what could that open up from the NFL Draft.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it right after this with more of the draft show.
Speaker 10: Here we go, Tyler from Dude Perfect Here, big news. We just dropped our very own Dude Perfect Smoothie with Smoothie King.
Speaker 7: We as strong.
Speaker 5: It's my recipe.
Speaker 4: Technically, we all came up with it. Kobe I mean.
Speaker 10: You put a potato in yours. I was experimenting how we picked up on that. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was on the said that, Oh that was funny, puney.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 10: Anyways, give the dude perfect smoothie only at Smoothie King My smoothie all right.
Speaker 11: Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell mary.
Speaker 5: Go where I went.
Speaker 11: Laser care I Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Laser care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see check.
Speaker 11: Them out at dfwis dot com.
Speaker 5: Tell them Drew sent you. Hoo hoo.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the freshcout who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapp.
Speaker 12: He'll look for a first down, just like football when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 13: Prescot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and the scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 14: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges.
Speaker 4: Ryan is the.
Speaker 14: Largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting.
Speaker 4: Ryan dot com.
Speaker 14: Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: He is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: The PBR World Finals are returning to AT and T Stadium in twenty twenty five. It All starts on May sixteenth, with Kid Rocks Rock and Rodeo Than on May seventeenth and eighteenth. The finalists compete in the twenty twenty five PBR Championship. Let's Rock and Ride. Tickets are on sale now at SeatGeek dot com, the official ticketing provider of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 5: Welcome back into the Draft show. You're a big PBR guy, right.
Speaker 4: Nick, No, Now, I used to be when I was a kid. I'm not gonna lie back when I was out in East Texas being a little country boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but nothing you do.
Speaker 3: Like the mutton busting where you're the sheep.
Speaker 5: You ever do that?
Speaker 4: I don't even know what the hell that is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you like write it.
Speaker 2: They like put you in a cage with a sheep and then they let it go and the kid's supposed to like hold on and ride.
Speaker 3: The sheep across like the rodeo grounds. It's the thing I did it back in the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fun to imagine.
Speaker 3: M Yeah, there's a video of.
Speaker 5: Me out there somewhere, not out there, but like my parents have it in a drawer somewhere where it's like a cam quarter video of me just getting bucked off a sheep.
Speaker 4: Big Central Texas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, Waco, Texas baby born and raised. All right, Chris Beam, you know what time it is. It's time for.
Speaker 2: Twitter Twitter on the twenty first question, this is the one it is going into the break. It's a first time question from Caden in Frisco. Cayden asked, what about the opportunity to flip Cooper bebe back to guard where he was of course traditionally playing at Kansas State. And if that's the case, are there any centers that would allow you to do so in this year's NFL draft?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a specific Caden in Frisco that asked me this exact same question yesterday. I this is this is fascinating. The center class is not as fun as it was last year. That's that's that's first point. No Zach fer no, No, there's no Zach Fraser's, no Graham Barton, no even you know, BB's where you could like see the possibility of a slide in. I think though, there's a lot of experience, and I wonder how the experience will translate whenever these guys get brought in for thirty visits, whenever they get met for formal interviews at combine and how those guys might poke up some boards. You look at Seth McLaughlin out of Ohio State, that's a guy with a ton of experience. Jake Major's at Texas, a ton of experience. Goughlin's heart right yeah, Parker braills Ford at out of Alabama, a lot of experience, Jake Slaughter out of Florida, a lot of You get the point. I think I wonder how this experience will translate whenever that time comes around. But as I see it right now, I keep BB where he's at. I mean, he played, he played there his whole rookie season. He played damn well. I think it's harder to find a center in this league than it is to find a guard and go ahead, and you know, lock down BB for what you have and find your guard. At the same point, we'll see it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So I think he played well enough at center to keep him there. And if it becomes a problem, I mean that that that may be the point where you consider it. But I agree this center class, I mean I kind of I like Slaughter from Florida. I think he played really well this year finished as an All American on the first team, a great run blocker, eight hundred snaps this year, and he's played in at least twelve games in each of his last three seasons at Florida, So there's experience there. I know, Nick and I were talking about Jake Majors from Texas yesterday as a guy with a bunch of experience. So there's options there, but I don't I don't think any of those options are better than Cooper BB.
Speaker 5: But true, did you talk to you and I did a show, did you have somebody that you would move from tackle to center that you was it.
Speaker 7: Bo Marcus bo bo bo?
Speaker 5: Is it bo vouw?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a tackle for me, but people will have him at guard. But I don't like small guards. He's like three. Yeah, I don't like small, but I do think that he'll be a great center because he's very athletic, he can move around all this kind of stuff. But I still like the heavy, powerful center. That's my personal preference. So what I was saying last year, you know, just on YouTube talking, I want my center to be strong again. So let's either get a strong center or let's get a guard and make him center, and snapping and stepping is tough to snapping and stephan. It's a lot of butt turning that you gotta do. All this adjustments. When you at guards, you're really just flying off and just whooping people. It'll hurt me to look at BB and say, man, look, you spend three hundred and sixty five days learning how to snap and step go back to guard. I wouldn't want to do that. What I would want to do is keep him there and keep center strong, and take Tyler Smith and keep left guard strong, and find you a powerful right guard. A summon. Zach's not going to be here, and let's just be strong in the middle, and let's just move a gap. Let's move b gap. I don't want to go back to the days when you got to hide center. Beyaddish was cool, but Beyaddish was this stalemate guy had guys what they called it, right. You just line up hat on hat, run your feet, hope for the best, and a running back and just pick a hole. That's cool, But I want bodies to hit the floor. So I'm fine with BB coming back, probably stronger, probably Nick a little thicker because of the offseason. Peanut Butter that they give them around here to just makee people big for no reason. Let's get another strong guard up in here. Let's go boogie Tate ratleys from George. Let's go get him.
Speaker 7: Bring him in.
Speaker 4: How y'allom Tyler Booker. I mean he was left guard mainly at Alabama.
Speaker 7: He's a killer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stud, that's a perfect example.
Speaker 7: Put him right there, and let's be stronger.
Speaker 6: If you have two powerful guards and a powerful center, you can live with question marks at tackle like we have. You know what I'm saying, you can live with all right, Luke school Maker, just chip out there and everything inside is going to be just fine.
Speaker 7: Let's run the ball up the middle.
Speaker 5: That would give Tyler Guyton enough opportunity to grow into his own. Whether it be a left tackle or right tackle.
Speaker 3: Either one of those would be an option. If you've got a strike.
Speaker 5: I just believe if you correct the penalties with Geyton, I think you'll have a better player. Yeah. I think that's where people are they're focusing on. Would you move him back to right tackle? Well, you've played him over there. Unfortunately, he got injured this season and it caused him miss some training camp and some games and all that but if you watch him play, it's the penalties that were the problem. It wasn't the overall play, it was just the penalties.
Speaker 3: It's a good place to start overall.
Speaker 2: Nate asked what positions on this team can you confidently in all caps, confidently say you do not need to draft another player? Is there a single position on this roster where you feel like you are good.
Speaker 4: Maybe after free agency we'll have a better clear answer of.
Speaker 6: That as we stand right now, left guard in particular, you know, tight end.
Speaker 7: I think you could draft a.
Speaker 2: Tight I still have confidence in Ferguson and Schoonmaker moving forward, and I like some of the undrafted guys like Brevins, van Ford and John Stevens. I know he hasn't played a whole lot, but I think I'm confident at tight end.
Speaker 3: But I know people out there that aren't.
Speaker 5: They don't have enough picks to that don't have enough pick to even get filled there. This is to me, and and this is just my thought. You're about to have a second round of potentially losing a bunch of guys, and you're when you're talking about Golston, you're talking about Jordan Lewis, you're talking in free agency. Free agency, we're about to have the second purge, and and you don't really want to go that way. They don't have enough picks and maybe not enough cap space to potentially fill all the holes that they're going to have. I don't think there's any position that you could say that you can't draft and it would help your team right now. I'm sure people would say quarterback, but you know what, you don't have a backup quarterback right now, and your quarterback has been getting hurt here as of late, so you might want to consider that too. Yeah, your backup quarterback right now is Will Greer moving forward in the reserves contract moving forward?
Speaker 3: Were you gonna say something I forgot?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 6: So so Jake right? You feel about Jake Ferguson? Can is Jake going to be a guy that's going to be around for a long time? Or do you think the cow Boys are going to turn tight end into like a factory type thing where we're just going to draft the fifth round of this year. Well, we'll bring another undrafted guy and just keep rotating the guys.
Speaker 2: I'll throw in a conversation I had with one of the front office members earlier this season.
Speaker 3: And he said when they were going through.
Speaker 5: The players across the board to keep long term in Dallas, they sat down before right after the Dak Prescott deal was done, and as they were talking and going through it, they went with Dak and he said, which guys do you want? The first guy Dak pointed to was Jake Ferguson. He'll be around for a long time. He's going to be around for a minute. So they're going to invest in Ferguson and they're going to invest in getting him right moving forward.
Speaker 6: For sure, your tight end one Harold Fannon from Boston College.
Speaker 4: Tight an two. But he's in that conversation.
Speaker 7: A tight end you love.
Speaker 2: We just yeah, who's your tight end one.
Speaker 6: Let's just assume that the league has made all kind of mistakes and he's at the top of the board in the third round.
Speaker 7: For you and Jake, Sure guy, Yes, Okay, I just want to see where we're at with this.
Speaker 2: See but that I think is more of an indictment on Luke's Schoomaker more than anything. But Schoomaker right now is a bust of a second round pick. He hasn't lived up to that expectation. I don't think that's necessarily an indictment on Ferguson and what he could bring.
Speaker 6: I think tight end, you're gonna live and die by four at this point Dak right, Sure, So if Dak's not there, we may not have great tight end play. If Dak is playing, let's go all right, Luke, are you good with Dak?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 7: Not really?
Speaker 6: All these other guys, you know, it's mostly ferg Right, So you just got to ask, is ferg like gonna be a long term guy attached to Dak?
Speaker 7: Is that gonna be here past three years?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 7: We just got to have a questions like that.
Speaker 6: And so I just think when we're looking at tight ends, do we stop because we don't got so many picks? Do we not look at tight end if we feel confident about Jake Ferguson. I don't think Ferguson's done enough to be like a new coach proof guy or like a new quarterback proof guy. If Dak retires today, are we sure Jake is gonna be here?
Speaker 4: There was a point in the season last year, it was probably like eight or nine weeks in. I think it was right around the Atlanta game when a coach on this team said, off the record that Hunter Lippy is the second best tight end on this team. And if they feel like that midway through a season, it doesn't matter how scoon Maker finishes a year or how John Stevens Junior bounces back from another a cl injury. They got to go get a guy. Yeah, I'm firmly in the in the belief that they're going to go get a tight end this year.
Speaker 3: Where would you put Hunter Lipke in that that list? One tight end?
Speaker 5: I figured love some Hunter Lipkey. All right, this is from Calvin. This will be interesting.
Speaker 3: You guys are gonna have to to listen here.
Speaker 5: He's this is a pick your fighter in the first three rounds. Going back here, all right.
Speaker 3: First option Kelvin Banks, Caleb Johnson, and Jayden Higgins.
Speaker 4: It's his first round, first.
Speaker 2: Three rounds for the Cowboys. These are different scenarios along the way.
Speaker 7: Let me go find this, he said.
Speaker 5: Calvin Banks, Texas Johnson, Caleb Johnson helped me out on school here, Iowa Jayden Higgins. I so you're going straight big twelve and former Big twelve there. Oh, I guess I was Big ten. Never mind forget I said that. But Banks, Johnson Higgins are the three first round picks. There are three first three round picks there. Next one is Luther Burden from Missouri, Diannie Walker.
Speaker 3: Is that how you say it?
Speaker 5: Ni? Diannie Walker, de Walker Kentucky, Ollie Gordon running back from Oklahoma State. That's your second option.
Speaker 4: We need to have a fascinating conversation about Ali Gordon at some point.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I completely agree, and then Ashton Genty starts off the last option, of course, running back from Boise State, Xavier Rostrepo wide receiver.
Speaker 2: From Miami, and then TJ. Sanders at the end of that one. You want me to repeat it all again? Kelvin Banks, Johnson, excuse me, Kelvin Banks, Caleb Johnson, Jaden Higgins.
Speaker 3: That's your first option. Luther Burden, Dion Walker, Ollie Gordon is your second option, Ashton Gent Xavier Rostreppo, TJ. Sanders is your third option. Where are you going?
Speaker 5: Do? I?
Speaker 12: Is?
Speaker 4: Option three? Is option three?
Speaker 5: The post one? To me? On my board? Option three would be a one, A three, and a three. Okay, that's what would be on my board. What would your other ones be? Banks, Johnson and Higgins. Banks would be a one, Johnson would be a two. Higgins would be a three. So that's in order to the rounds. So that's that's fair assessment. Uh, Burden, Walker and Gordon. Burden would be a one. Walker would be a two. Gordon I have not looked at yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that's that's fair. He's kind of down the list I think right now. Burden as a one.
Speaker 5: Kind of intriguing is how many first round grades do you have at wide receiver? Three? Three of them mc millan, Burden, and Abuca.
Speaker 6: Okay, if you trade out Gordon for best running back available, because I think Gordon's going to be like a date three guy. So if my Gordon, what happened to him? Trayvon Henderson or something like that, then I'm I'm taking.
Speaker 2: We've got time to have that conversation now, if you want to have that line.
Speaker 4: Okay, last year I think paired with a lot of issues in Stillwater. I mean, you start the year Alli Gordon coach, You start the year with him having the DUI like two weeks before the season started, right. If you go into yeah, and then you go into the year with a bad offensive line, an offensive line that gets hurt. Now granted he's six foot, he's a huge kid, six foot two, two hundred and twenty five pounds. Yeah, like he should be able to make guys miss wasn't necessarily making guys miss. I think it's like missibility was a lot more in focus this year, whereas last year he had an offensive line, he had guys in front of him, he had a competent quarterback with him, he had competent weapons around him, and it's why he was a dok Walker winner in twenty three. I think he suffered behind an offensive line, and it begs the question, if he goes to a school or if he goes to a program that does not have a successful offensive line, can he succeed. And I don't know if that's the case. And that shouldn't be the case for a guy that's six foot two hundred and twenty five pounds. He should be a guy that's like, hey, we can draft this guy. Our offensive line might not be the best, but he's a big tank bowling ball. He'll fight forward for extra yardage. I don't think he uses his frame to his best advantage, whereas we've seen that from him in years past. I think mileage could be thing because he carried the ball so often in high school against Trinity. I think high school mileage definitely needs to be factored in when you talk about Ali Gordon and then you go to Oklahoma State. Granted, he didn't really pick up that starting role until about week three of twenty twenty three, but once he did, they leaned on him a lot in twenty three.
Speaker 3: He had two hundred and eighty five carries in twenty three.
Speaker 4: And that was like in ten games as a star.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like those first three games he had like ten carries totals, and then last year really carried him through.
Speaker 3: He still put up one hundred and ninety carries last year too.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm an Alli Gordon believer. I put a third round grade on him. I'm an Alli Gordon believer, but I think he needs to have a good offense.
Speaker 5: Okay, where would you in relation to Samson? Tennessee behind Harvey, Central Florida behind Yeah, Junkins, Ohio State, Yeah, Neil, Kansas uh in front.
Speaker 4: I'm not as big on Neil as everyone else.
Speaker 5: Okay, somebody asked about Neil here, what is the consensus on Devin Neil from Kansas?
Speaker 4: That's Michael's Question's that's still one I need to go back because I gave him an N season grade and I still need to go back and watch like his full season. I love the production. He only just one game in his entire career. He had three straight seasons over one thousand yards. I mean the productions there. Don't get me wrong, I don't know. I don't know. I get I get a I'm scared of Blake Korum doing this again this year. Where I look at the production, I'm like, I don't care what he looks like. I see the production. I'm scared of doing that again. And I think Devin Neil starting to factor into that mind process.
Speaker 5: Would Olie Gordon if say he came out in twenty four this last previous year, last draft, would he be up there with Johnson from Iowa, Hampton from North Carolina? Yeah, Anderson, I think he probably would have been RB one last year, probably a second round RB one, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, second round RB one last year?
Speaker 5: God, which one is he? Guys? Which one is he? Is he the second round dude? Or is he the third round dude?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you're there.
Speaker 5: No, No, you're scared. It's our little draft room here. You're scaring the hell out of me right now with off the field stuff. Yeah, you know, because I've seen a running back here that you know, likes to do things off the field and then you know, and get it took a lot of carries, you know.
Speaker 4: I'll say this about Alli Gordon, known the kid since he was fifteen. I don't have character concerns with all. Okay, partier, Yeah, but what college student Oklahoma's.
Speaker 5: Well no, but I'm saying because I think it affects.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's I don't think it's a major thing. Okay, I don't think it's.
Speaker 5: Because See, that's the questions I would ask you if we were sitting in a war room right now and you start talking with this guy, and I would think, why is this guy slowing down? Because you were scaring the hell out of me right now with the way you're describing him as Hey, last year, Brian, he was this, this year he's this. Yeah, you know, and I'm trying to figure out was it an offensive line, was it a coach that was getting you know, the coach there's a little crazy to begin with. Maybe they didn't get along, you know, but you're you're scaring the hell out of me. About this player right now?
Speaker 2: Kind of playing along with the war room esque type of question here, would there ever be a point when you are scared in this regard and you're you're not liking what you're hearing one way or the Oh, I.
Speaker 5: Trust my scout, you trust I trust my scout. But would but I need him to tell me why? Why is he? Why was he if he came out last year? I see a second round guy, and why did he fall off so badly? And are we going to get a player that's on the decline? So the pressure scenario is on, you got to tell me why. Yeah, I would say it's it's because I haven't seen the player. Yeah, I mean and I and I'm going to see the player myself. I feel like I've watched a lot of these uh the Rutgers and Auburn, they've all got you know, everybody's got running backs. But by the way you're talking like I'm interested about the player from the previous year, this player scares the hell out of me.
Speaker 4: In this class, I wouldn't take him in this class. In this class, I would not take it. Okay, with the names that are I.
Speaker 5: See that now.
Speaker 4: Now, with the names that I would expect to be right there. You could look at Dami Martinez out of Miami, who has got the same type of physical trade six foot, two hundred and thirty two pounds. I think he's going to give the be the guy that gives you a little bit more effort and situations that can fight forward. TODs Brooks, I think he'll be there in the third round. That's another bowling ball type at five ten to two thirty Kalamannung guy, not necessarily bowling ball type, but five nine two oh nine. That's that's the guy I would take in that sation.
Speaker 5: We talked about him last night. That's a good player.
Speaker 7: Brocker guy see.
Speaker 4: Five foot nine, and I think he's the best pass protector in this class.
Speaker 6: I think you make a good point, Nick, because just how running back is like, it gives you a luxury to go, Okay, we'll just pass on Gordon because it's so many of them. Do we do the same thing with like a pass rusher or something like that, or like maybe a wide receiver. So our wide receiver from Ohio State, how you say his name?
Speaker 7: BOOKA right? His twenty twenty two film right Fantastic. CJ. Stroud throwing the ball all over the ball.
Speaker 6: We are top tier here, right, But if you look at his numbers now they kind of down a little bit. But you can directly look at that and go, okay, it's a big difference between quarterback here here here. But if you have like a premium dude, edge, wide receiver, offensive line, whatever, and you don't know why they're bad or you don't have a great reason, you really you can really have faith in that reason. We don't know why Gordon ain't as good as he would like, you know, Nick, Nick gave a lot of reasons, but it's not as clear as oh yeah, my quarterback just wasn't as good and it just fell off. So I'm passing on Gordon. He's probably a great player, and Gordon to probably go to New England or something and he fantastic, gonna be probably fantastic. But I'm just not rolled the dice guy. With these type of sit woics.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting conversation, really is. I appreciate the insight on both sides, because that's.
Speaker 5: What a war room's like. You have a scout that's known the guy for.
Speaker 2: A significant amount of time, having a conversation with him, with the people around him, and then you get challenged by the front office in order to do something.
Speaker 5: He did a great job of hainting the player, the picture of the player. The thing about it is like I said, that's you know we with with the way the board set up. Though he just told me, he goes, I wouldn't draft this guy, yep, And but we got to give the players due and you got to put him on your board. But he just he just he said. And then as a room is, if I was the director and he said that, then I would say, Okay, put him down there at the bottom of the board and let's go to the next player.
Speaker 4: If you were to fall though, and we're looking up day three, midday three, we finally got our first pick in the fifth round, and we don't have a running back yet, So I'd bring that conversation back up, okay, but but not I think with the names that.
Speaker 2: You're not taking him off your board. You're just pushing him further down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not really a fourth round guys what he sounds like right now.
Speaker 4: Which is difficult because if this we have the full context of Ollie Gordon. Sure, we're in twenty twenty four, I think you would make the case that you could still draft him in the third round. You could put him in that conversation with God. I'm trying to think of the run that went in the third round last year, like Korum, h and Irving. Yeah, I think he went the fourth. But yeah, I think you could put him in that conversation and you'd feel comfortable, Hey, I think you can draft this kid. But with the way this class is set up specifically, there's gonna be a lot of backs that fall that would be a lot higher in other classes, and I think he's going to be prime example.
Speaker 5: Number one, you had Blake Korum last year in the third. You had Marshawn Lloyd out of USC last year in the third.
Speaker 4: He gives me Lloyd vibes. Yeah, okay, he would give me Lloyd vibes.
Speaker 3: And that Jalen Wright was in the fourth.
Speaker 5: See, I really liked Lloyd. Now you're really messing me up.
Speaker 2: And then there was that run of like I believe Davis Grindo in the fourth he went to Green Bay.
Speaker 5: Didn't he? After Dallas picked and I was like, damn, yeah, what are we doing here? You know kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, conversation. I love it.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we're gonna talk wide receivers. I'm gonna hear some of the names that are at the top of this draft that we haven't done a scouting report on, because wide receiver is a hot button topic, especially if your new head coach is an offensive minded head coach.
Speaker 3: Where could the wide receivers fall in this first round.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about some of the names we haven't mentioned yet when we come back right after this with more of the draft show.
Speaker 15: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near, far, and between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center.
Speaker 3: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 9: Star Sports toours is the only efficient fan travel partment of the Dallas Cowboys offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls with Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 7: Here we go, Tyler from Dude Perfect.
Speaker 10: Hear big news.
Speaker 4: We just dropped our very.
Speaker 7: Own dude Perfect Smoothie with Smoothie King.
Speaker 5: We as strong it's my recipe.
Speaker 4: Technically we all came up with it, Kobe.
Speaker 10: I mean you put a potato in yours. I was experimenting how we picked up on that. Guys, this is fruit smoothie perfection. I even heard it recently quoted that it was food perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was want to say that, Oh that that was funny, funny.
Speaker 7: Thank you. Anyways, give the.
Speaker 10: Dude Perfect Smoothie only at Smoothie King, My smoothie.
Speaker 13: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the Star on the field, we love that. We've also got some stars on our plate. Thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets, Matt along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 7: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show, Come out, Come on out to AD and T Stadium on February twenty second for the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship Series. Watch the world's best two wheel racers converge for one night of NonStop action. Enjoy unprecedented access to the sport's biggest stars with an up close view of their race bikes and team rigs at FanFest.
Speaker 5: Tickets are on sale now.
Speaker 2: At SeatGeek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium. Alongside Nick Harris, Fotch, Lombardi, Tommy Yarish, Brian.
Speaker 3: Brought us some Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: Glad you're with us. I want to talk wide receivers with Cowboys sitting at twelve and of course with an elite wide receiver on the roster, but not a whole lot else out there for the Cowboys this season. Wide receiver is a hot button topic at the twelfth overall.
Speaker 2: Pick for Dallas fans out there. We've mentioned a lot of names already. We've mentioned TEDAROA McMillan from Arizona. We've mentioned Luther Burden from.
Speaker 5: Missouri, Amika Abuka from Ohio State. Lots of possibilities here.
Speaker 2: I want to hit some of the names that maybe we haven't had the opportunity to dive in on yet, and feel.
Speaker 5: Free to add names. Can I ask you a question on this on your on your path? Sure? Can you put a caveat on that? Give me somebody you would pair with CD? With CD lamb.
Speaker 3: So this is give me in the war room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, give me give me somebody that listened. We're probably looking at our second wide receiver here, probably looking at an X. You guys got an your mind on sacks because I mean, we got a lot of guys that could play the X and the playing the slot and all that. Hell, Iowa stayed throws Higgins in the slot a lot. But can is anybody got an X that they're falling in love.
Speaker 3: With I mean at twelve, if he falls.
Speaker 5: Maybe at forty four, give me, give me, give me a guy at forty four, later forty four that you might you've got it? Do you have any exes that we talked about?
Speaker 6: Falling in love is tough because all the players that I fall in love with move around all over the formation, just like Ceedee Lamb. They're probably best in the slides, just like CD Lamb. But we've already mentioned them kind of sort of. But save you On Williams TCU, you know, big body guy. Yeah, they can say that he has some catch issues, but what the hell is coaching for?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: Teach that do how to concentrate catch? But I think what makes him pair with Lamb is that they're both yet guys. So if there's ever a way that all right, we're just going to take Lamb out the game, and we don't want him doing yack stuff and make him hard to tackle. Cool save young big ass over there is also hard to tackle, and hey, you can do some creative fun things with some type of turping save the CD LAMB you know movement type you know type things. And just because save On is your ex guy, because he's built that way. He's also a dude that can line up in the slat or line up in the backfield and do weird things like that. Assume that our new coach or our new offense coordinator, can you know, creatively use a guy like that. But I think if you could just full time make him X guy and move him sometimes, I think he'll pair with with lamb will Did.
Speaker 5: You say Trey Harris? Trey Harris on this Okay, there you go talk about that man.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 8: I said he's the best exit in the class behind tm Mac.
Speaker 5: I't.
Speaker 8: I haven't watched Williams from TCU yet, but I've heard a lot of murmurs about the dropping loves and the Quinton Johnston past. Kind of Oh no, deters me a little bit, not saying that he's Quentin Johnson at all.
Speaker 3: Don't scout the helmet, Tommy, I.
Speaker 5: Understand, I understand. Don't say rigor either.
Speaker 4: That's another way, Josh Johnson damning in fort Worth.
Speaker 5: You got to turn it around. Felt it's a good looking player, though.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought he's unbelievable in fifty to fifty ball watching some of the games. Sorry, Brian, but la oh No, absolutely, Texas A and M absolutely were the two games that I watched. Really good frame and athleticism. He can go up and fight for any ball. I thought he was really well adjusting mid air, strong hands to bring the ball in. He's criticized for not having great bursts yah the line. I thought he had some pretty solid bursts and I thought he moved well with the line of scrimmage getting out of his brakes. But I'll still need to see some more ropes him doing that. Not the greatest top end speed, but he's got some long strides and so I think that can develop into breaking away a little bit more. I think he gets the job done. And then when you watch him as a run blocker old this is an offense where lane Kiffin tries to get the ball out quickly, whether it be in the screen game or just getting it to their playmakers in space. I thought he was an aggressive run blocker down the field. So there's a lot to.
Speaker 5: Like with Trey Harris, especially with the six foot three frame. I thought.
Speaker 2: The note that I have is he has some of the best hands in the class. Yeah, he can high point the football, He's able to take contact with the frame and roll with it as well.
Speaker 5: He's a great deep ball threat, nearly eighteen yards over his career, not in one season, eighteen yards per catching his career.
Speaker 3: They utilized him quite a bit.
Speaker 2: He could be the next in a long list of Louisiana caliber tight ends. I mean, Cede Lamb came from Louisiana, Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Brian Thomas Junior, He's right there in that same mix.
Speaker 8: He had a thousand yards in eight games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 5: Where do you guys have to take.
Speaker 4: Forty four?
Speaker 3: What do you think he's there at forty four?
Speaker 4: If he's there, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's going to be there. I don't think I would take him at twelve. No, No, he would be a perfect I would do a cartwheel if he's there at forty four.
Speaker 5: Is there, guys? You have at forty four better than him.
Speaker 3: At that point?
Speaker 8: Now, Matthew Golden Texas.
Speaker 3: Cold tell me about him?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I understand that I have Texas bias, but this kid's incredibly even dating back to his days at Houston Klin Kane High School in the Houston area, I thought coming out of high school he's a four star prospect. I thought he should have been in the SEC. I don't know how Houston got him, but that was fantastic. His cuts and just incredible. He just glides all over the place. I think he's great out of his breaks, you know, great at the line of scrimmage and able to beat DB's very quickly. I thought towards the end of the year he really showed that he really showed his ball skills as well on the outside. I didn't think that that would be as showcase, but watching against Georgia in the SEC Championship game, there were a couple of balls he had down the sideline where he's just making incredible adjustment. Spit there to go back and get him. Really good hands, one of the better hands in the class, finds ways to win even with perfect coverage. I mentioned that SEC Championship game against Georgia, and then he can add the ability to as a return specialist. I think he had two returns for a touchdown in his last season at Houston, and he played back there for Texas. They didn't kick the ball to him very much. But I really like Matthew Golden.
Speaker 6: Let me just say what I love about wide receivers like that is, when you watch a lot of yours, like in passing, you go, all right, yours is cool. But when you watch Golden and you see some of the passes that he has to catch, you go.
Speaker 7: Damn, well, why why you was putting the ball all over the place?
Speaker 6: But Golden catches everything high, low, way in front of behind him. Arizona State in the playoff game took that game over and it feels.
Speaker 5: Like, say, tight end. When you watch him, he's making all kinds of crazy ass catches.
Speaker 6: It feels like they they took a while to get him going, but once he got going, he would just tear everything up. I loved I got him as a first rounder and I know I'm probably I'm probably minority there.
Speaker 5: Yes, and you've got what twelve first round grades?
Speaker 6: I ain't got a lot. I got twelve, Yes, sir, I got twelve. So I got him in the one, and I just I just love how it's just small. He was very purposeful with his rival run. I thought he was slow at first, but oh, you're just changed the tempo to set people up. You know what I'm saying. I think that's a valuable big boy. Wide receiver tread so I got him at the one man.
Speaker 8: I'm with you, Yeah, first round grade on Here's the thing I think with Texas this year, I think they.
Speaker 5: Were trying to that you're in the same boat with this. I probleise I'm not.
Speaker 8: Talking wins, all right, all right, all right, yeah, there you go, thanks Bamber. Isaiah Bond was kind of like, Okay, let's try and get him the ball, and this is our guy. And then he kind of has a shaky start to the year and he goes down with the injury, and then you look at Gold and then it's like, oh, okay, so he's probably our best receiver out here. Let's try and get him the ball. And towards the end of the year, like you mentioned, I mean, he just he just took over that fourth and thirteen against Arizona State, just a nasty route to get open in the back of the end zone. And then even against Ohio State, he got hurt early in that first half, but he comes back and I think his first play he makes a diving catch on an out route right around the sidelines. So yeah, I have a first round grade on him.
Speaker 5: I think he's fantastic and I interest anybody in Besh from TCU.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we brought him up a little bit last week.
Speaker 5: Okay, can I interest anyboy anybody seeing Higgins? We talked about him going against.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be one of my guys. I talked about it. If you don't mind, go for it. No, go for previous school Eastern Kentucky ball down the SCS ended up getting getting transferred to Iowa State.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You talk about fifty to fifty.
Speaker 5: Ball, one of the best in the country.
Speaker 4: You talk about long speed too, those long strides he has at six foot five, I mean, this kid is six four and fifteen pounds. He's gonna be at seener Bol next week. I think this time next week, we're gonna have a much different perspective on Jayson Higgins. I think as a whole, I think he's gonna blow up next week. And I think this is a second round talent I do now that you talk about Okay, if Trey Harris is not there at forty four, yeah, I think this might be a guy that you look at at forty four eventually.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is Stanford wide receiver. We talked about him at all, Eric, Eric.
Speaker 4: What's fascinating about him. Is he absolutely destroyed Travis Hunter second half of a game in oliterated him. The production is good aside from that, But I wonder how much we value him if we just take that game out. I know we can't take the game out because it's very valuable because it's up against you know, generational talent we talked about in the first segment. But if you take that game out, where do you stack where do you stack him up?
Speaker 7: And I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't have an answer for that. It's really tough. It's really tough for me. He's also questions about him. He's another senior Bowl guy. He's another guy that hasn't had the luxury of a quarterback throughout his time at Stanford. Sure, so you know how much do you value that too? But I like the kid.
Speaker 3: He's a young cat, right, he's coming out as like what a Redhords.
Speaker 5: He's a Canadian kid too, by the way, didn't play he had to come down here to play high school football. But this guy's got the straight line speed and I think he can track the ball. And you mentioned about the thing if you could watch him play against Travis Hunter, that Stanford was dead in the water. And they made one of the most miraculous comeback She'll ever imagine it. And and our guy he was taking the ball off the top of Hunter's head to tie the game. He had a one handed catchers. Watching the Syracuse game, he had a one handed catch for a touchdown by high point in the ball against Syracuse. I mean, he fights the defender down the field. I mean when I was talking about X receivers, this is a guy I was thinking about at six two two ten, you know, I mean, route running and all that. He hasn't benefited from a quarterback that's been any good. You know, it's but I tell you what, man, this guy he's made the most of the opportunities he's had with the ball being all over the place to him. So I was kind of thinking I have him in the second round. He reminded me. We all remember, and maybe it's a poor compared Brendan Rice when he was at USC. When we watched Brendan Rice, and it seemed like Williams was kind of throwing the ball and he was having to make catches all over the place and stuff like that. This kid reminded me a little bit of Brendan Rice. Who's now with the with the chargers that way, elick io manor Iron manner.
Speaker 4: I know we're having conversations about x's, but I think the overall conversation is.
Speaker 5: Just wide receivers.
Speaker 4: So would you pair with CD lamb Yeah? And if you're looking for a robin in this class, yeah, you knows a CD's batman. You look at him, Mecha Muka and throughout his four seasons at Ohio State has never been the leading receiver, never has never been the leading reception grabber. He comes in as a robin, and he comes in as a robin, right, and the Ohio State career receptions leader is now a Meccha Buka. You think about all the guys that have gone through there. Yeah, granted there's a lot of guys that have only been there three years, but you think about all the receivers that they've had. He has been a robin throughout his career at Ohio State. I think he's a fascinating one. And I think if you want two chess pieces, you're talking about, Okay, two CD labs, it's not bad to have. I guess you that bring brings up that idea. I think this would be an idea of that. I think this guy can play anywhere.
Speaker 5: Where did you put him second round forty four?
Speaker 4: I have a second round grade on him. But if they were to pooka that, yeah, he's a one on my book, I take him at twelve. You wouldn't get an argument from No. Yeah at twelve, Yeah, he wouldn't get an argument.
Speaker 3: Why did you have a first round grade on him?
Speaker 5: Because he's a damn good player, And you're right, I must stinch. No, No, I mean hey, and I I could say I've got three wide receivers in the first round. But this guy, he is so competitive. He's aggressive with the run after catch. He could break tackles. He's got body strength, he's got power. He's a versatile weapon. You can use my jet, sweet pop pass, smooth route runner. He's a discipline with his cuts, the best routes. He runs those ones across the field. He gets a job, a great job of catching the ball on the move, turning up the field. He makes plays on all levels of the defense. He's quick, he's athletic. He gets a top speed really quickly. The long arms allows him to play much larger than he is. Uh, you know, I think that there's you know, there's some some things you're gonna have to work on him with the consistency getting off the line on the outside, but man, he could track it. There's so many great things about this guy that you have to really really appreciate about his game. Uh, you know, there's been some drops in his day, but I'll tell you what, He's playing a ton of big games of his career. He's very driven. He's serious athlete, and I mean I think this kid really really gets it. Listening to him talk, Yeah, lots of good points across the board. Anybody else when anyone wants to bring up we got have you guys seen have you seen have you seen royals from Utah State? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Somebody asked him.
Speaker 4: He's one I want to just because the right Let's.
Speaker 5: Let circle back on Royals. He's a wide receiver from Utah State. Yeah, I'm sure watching. I'll probably talk about him sometime nighttime, but we'll talk about him too here as well.
Speaker 4: Just two quick names I could throw out. I mean I'm super quick. I know I've mentioned Nick Nash out of San Jose State. Yeah, he led the nation and receptions and receiving yards in twenty two four, six foot, three hundred and ninety five pounds. I think he's a little slender. He could add some weight, but I think he could be an X option. And uh, we don't talk about the Hula Bowl a whole lot, but it's a it's an all star game. Used to, yeah, used to is to watch a lot of table that has allowed a lot of guys to pop in recent years. Rock Taylor out of Memphis six foot three, two hundred and fifteen pounds. He blew everyone away in Orlando at the Hula Bowl. So yeah, not Hawaii Orland.
Speaker 2: And tell you about Rock Taylor from Memphis, from my American dame in the American Athletic Conference.
Speaker 3: He's fun.
Speaker 5: I had a good player, yeah, play good football quarterback.
Speaker 3: Is going to be down in the Senior Bowl. Seth In Agan late add to the Senior Bowl roster sound product dat Ryan. Yeah, absolutely, all right.
Speaker 2: That does it for us here on the Draft Show. Appreciates you all taking some time and listening with the US this week. We'll be back on Tuesday, eleven am Central Time to break it all down for you.
Speaker 5: Tommy and I and Nick will be in Mobile. So Zach Wolcheck will host on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: We've got some exclusive content from Mobile coming your way, including player interviews. We've got a radio row spot out there at the convention Center, and I've also talked to Dane Brugler already.
Speaker 5: Expect to hear from Dane Brugler while.
Speaker 3: We're out there in Mobile.
Speaker 2: Practices for the Shrine Bowls start on Saturday up in Denton, then we fly out on Monday to have Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday as a part of the Senior Bowl before the Shrine Bowl Thursday night.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a whole lot of fun this next week as we continue to dive in under ninety days away from the NFL Draft for Nick Harris.
Speaker 2: Voch, Lombardi, Tommy y Aurish, Brian brought us some Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Draft show.
Speaker 3: We will see you on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 13: Hey,