Speaker 1: Check it down man, Bam, We're live. There we go Wednesday morning, January twenty second, twenty twenty four, beating the book podcast megapod for championship around the National Football League. Gil Alexander, thanks for joining us on Twitter. I'm gonna retweet this, yach get people to watch us. Let's see here.
Speaker 2: Where do I go?
Speaker 1: I go to visen. I believe.
Speaker 3: There we is and we'll retweet it.
Speaker 4: Bang.
Speaker 1: All right, appreciate everybody tuning in, by the way, Uh not only our regulars. Todd Wishnev who is not in his mom's cork attic. Why are you downstairs?
Speaker 2: Todd? That hurts you? My hip is killing me and I can't sit in the regular chairs, so I'm sitting in a recliner because my hip is in very very bad shape. Look like a picture of health. It can't be any healthier. Look and by healthier I mean and then I'm day to day in death. Okay, stop it. That's a problem. It's better than questionable. It's better than questionable doubtful. Day to day is better.
Speaker 1: Will Hill not from his mom's quirk addict, but in front of a big vsent thing in Connecticut at not the Will Hill. By the way, Todd is at t wishnev on Twitter. Will is the host of the should Have Bet More podcast and also part of the bear Bets Empire at Fox and Fox Sports. How you doing, man?
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm cold. I'm very cold. It's so cold outside that it's cold inside. That's how cold it is outside.
Speaker 5: But I'm good.
Speaker 1: Other way, what's the temperature?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 4: Oh, who knows? Woke up and it was like six or something. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Last night it was minus five here it was minus five. Last night.
Speaker 1: It was twenty five and Vegas.
Speaker 2: How about that? Fun? Uh, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: The the fourth person you see here is a familiar face to all the iconic silhouettes. That is the Bear, Chris Blika from Fox Sports Bear Bets podcast. Pro football in college football, when do you do those tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Yes, Thursday?
Speaker 5: Obviously no more college but yeah, the NFL will, yeah, will be Thursday.
Speaker 3: Start on that.
Speaker 5: Rarely, rarely on TV.
Speaker 2: You've seen that guy on Saturday mornings down there talking to the idiots, you know, iron or that. I don't like them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can call them idiots because they are they're they're they're in the take the points posse and I'm hoping. I was so fired up watching the the the the commedi's on Saturday night, like going forward on fourth down and it was it was just beautiful. Hopefully the the take to take the points posse has now been converted into understanding win probability and expected points at it and how like if you if you go forward three times and you miss it once or or you miss it twice and you still score one touchdown, seven points is more than six and that actually kind of works out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was told by my wife one one degree this morning here will and Farmington when she was driving to work.
Speaker 3: So yeah, cold cold as you know what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bears, looks like you lost a little weight, and I think a couple more pounds. He's got like the Danny Hurley thing almost going where he's got the glasses the balls. Han, I'm waiting for him to start like screaming at the rest for you know, for something.
Speaker 3: So I'll scream at you and Todd if you want.
Speaker 2: So, do you I television? Don't go against me. I'm on television. I'll turn your back on me. Hell do you think you are? I'm on Fox.
Speaker 3: Sorry, by the way.
Speaker 5: I don't want to, like usually I'm not a like toot your worn guy, because like whenever you do that, it's it's imminent, like you're going to go on a losing streak on the on the pod. This year the College Pod, at least our best bets, I went sixteen and five and Jeff went fifteen and six, thirty one and eleven. Yeah, it was yeah, crazy, like I didn't even know. I didn't even know about it until like, uh, like the quarterfinals of the playoff. Like our producer was like, by the way, Bear, you fit like eight straight best bets and Jeff, you've hit like six straight best bets in college and your records on the year, I'm like, uh, wish you would have known about that earlier.
Speaker 1: So yeah, on record, how did how did Will? And how did Will? And Sammy P Dude? Will bet on the Titans in college football?
Speaker 5: So yes, every week, yes, you know he been on the Remember the Titans from the movie.
Speaker 3: That was a team he bets every week he got.
Speaker 1: He torpedoed himself by betting the Tennessee Titans in the NFL time and time again. Early in the season, took himself out of any competition, Todd.
Speaker 5: To answer your question, the college picks this year fifty eight thirty seven and two.
Speaker 3: That's what that's what I wound up.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I and let it be known. Let it be known that you are now on the final leg of a cross sport las here can you explain to people with one?
Speaker 5: Well, well, I think it's it's only fitting that we talk about it because I think we initially discussed this during the summer with you on a numbers game when I was in Los Angeles, because this is when these bets were made. When I was in LA and I flew to Phoenix basically for five hours to I had a like a deposit bonus that I needed to exercise on both draftings and FanDuel, and these just happened to be a FanDuel because these were the better prices that I was able to get. But yeah, I was in LA working the soccer for the summer, and it was right before the Open Championship. So I basically wound up putting together I put together put to decent investment. I mean, I mean about.
Speaker 3: Five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: I guess I said. I wound up investing on a bunch of crossboard parlays with uh. It wound up being like I think five or six guys to win the Open Championship, and Xander wound up winning the Open at eleven to one.
Speaker 3: With his price.
Speaker 5: There college football, I pretty much assumed it was either going to be Georgia or Ohio State to win the national championship. We talked about the Georgian Ohio State bet versus the field, which I also have at South Point.
Speaker 3: I need to go visit your mish BOOKA at some point and collect on that.
Speaker 5: Aaron Judge, sorry forget forgive me.
Speaker 3: I don't I can't do it as good as you.
Speaker 5: Aaron Judge was a single leg to win the al MVP at the time. He was still only three hundred I think somehere around there, but it was pretty apparently. No, no, no, it was not at the South Point. I couldn't get to Vegas to bet that in person, Nor did the South Point app work and work in Arizona.
Speaker 3: No, no, we're good.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Then I had the Liberty in the Aces to win the w n b A title, And if you remember a game five of the Liberty that was I don't remember that game Todd like ridiculous fouls at the end I got. I was, I was life and death watching the end of that game. And my girl, John Quaul Jones, he's He's my version of Willie's dj A Harrington.
Speaker 3: So Carrington, she got me home there and I had.
Speaker 2: No he doesn't like he doesn't like dj n A Carrington. You like John Quel Jones.
Speaker 5: In your body. You thank God for John Paul Jones because the and Esku was terrible that game. I think she was like two of ninety and I think we think it was revealed that she was playing with some type of major injury basically meant you couldn't shoot.
Speaker 3: But and then I had a.
Speaker 2: Ajia Wilson would have been the team the person you would have hated, Ajia Wilson or Jackie.
Speaker 5: Young Well, I was, I was, no, I would I would have been fine with that. I would have been fine with the Liberty Aces w NBA Championship Series because that would have meant that was good either way. But they were good to me the last couple of years they were. They were good to be the last couple of years in the title. And then I had a Super Bowl winner Eagles Bills Ravens, Chiefs, Niners, and here we are. I got three of the four remaining teams, so uh, if the Eagles went on Saturday, I am guaranteed to have both Super Bowl compadres and to take home a nice a nice score.
Speaker 1: Which team makes obviously, the Commanders are the one that makes you nothing, which is the one that makes you most.
Speaker 2: Of the three remaining the Eagles.
Speaker 5: The Eagles make me the most, a little bit more than the Bills. And then the Chiefs obviously were the favorite of co favorite at the time, so that'll uh, it's it's still a it's still a very nice high figure score, that's for sure. And then Gil, if you're happy on if you're happy on Sunday afternoon, then I then I had to have to play play your team in the Super Bowl in Orleans. By the way, if they win Sunday, you coming to New Orleans?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, good, Yes there.
Speaker 1: I told my bosses in advance that that's the only scenario where I'm not going to be in Vegas, but I'm willing to do a show, but I will be in New Orleans because.
Speaker 2: I vowed when I walked out of.
Speaker 1: Min Minneapolis in nineteen ninety two that I would never miss another Skin Super Bowl. And as the joke goes, and I've kept my promise ever since. That's right, I'm perfect. So this is this would be the one sixty minutes away, which is incredible.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have a Dumbo of the Week.
Speaker 1: Last week before we get to our bets if we have any championship week and we're not behold into two. But if we have a bet, we'll hear it from everybody. Dumbo of the Week. There's only two candidates, and I have to actually have to rope in Marcus Freeman as candidate number two. Marcus Freeman for kicking for attempting a field goal, for attempting a field goal with nine to thirty three left down sixteen to Ohio State. He is candidate number one, candidate number two, and the only real Dumble of the week from a coaching perspective in the NFL during the divisional round was Tony Siriani. And I want to get the details of this right.
Speaker 2: This is at the end of the first half.
Speaker 1: Remember what did I say, Tony sirian What am I tom?
Speaker 5: I'm sure, I'm sure there is a Tony Sirianni in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: That would not.
Speaker 1: Be Tony Syria. As I said it, I was like, is that his name? Nick Sirianni. The score is thirteen to ten Philadelphia. Late second half, Philly started with the ball with five eighteen left. They got out of the third and fourteen jail at their own five with the past the saque for sixteen and they matriculate the ball down off the field. By the way, the first half spread was in question here it was minus four for Philly. They're up three. Here, they get to second and one at the rams thirty seven, Hurts goes deep to Brown. He bobbles it in the corner. You remember he only carous it.
Speaker 2: Totally had it should have absolutely had that. It was an absolute joke.
Speaker 1: Drop You had a bet a base on that, right, Todd. If I'm not mistaken, well I had.
Speaker 2: I had over forty nine and a half in the game, and I ski I squeaked it out in a miracle. But I wouldn't have had to have a miracle had he caught the ball.
Speaker 1: So they're just on the edge of field goal range that's incomplete. And after they do so, they do get the first down. So now they're in field goal range second and eight at the rams thirty two, with thirty seconds left, Hertz is sacked by Omar Spates. He fumbles, but gain Well falls on it, but way back at the rams forty seven, so they lose fifteen yards. But there's twenty second. There's twenty one seconds left, and Philly has a time out, and Sirianni just stares at to the point where Mike Turico goes. Sirianni just says, hold right here, don't know if he's gonna take a time out for one last shot at the end zone or let it run down. Doesn't call it till three seconds left. And then, by the way, Verse sacked hurts to end the half, and Philly goes into the locker room only up three. Obviously, they eventually win it by six. But between Marcus Freeman and that, who's the bigger dumbo? And by the way, let me just add also to Philly, because to me, I would vote work. I would vote Marcus Freeman in that. But I will add to the Philly part. Also, when they were up to scores late and they had been crushing Stafford on the blitz all game, they all of a sudden just called off the Dogs and the Rams matriculated easily down the field.
Speaker 4: Wait, he acted like there was thirty seconds, Leff, not like three or four minutes.
Speaker 1: It was right, very strange, and then ended up with the ball right after a three and out ended up with the ball with a chance to win the Rams did so. Freeman versus Siri one who gets.
Speaker 2: On another one? I would like to nominate, as I do know a little bit about parking. I do talk about parking quick. I actually had some free tickets to go to the Eagles game, and my friend is a really big Eagles fan who lives here. He's from Philadelphia. So I said, okay, I'll go with you if you want to drive up. So we go to the game. Now it's it's supposed to snow, right, So they said, okay, let's park like somewhere on the north of the Septa Line in downtown and then we'll we'll take the train to the stadium because otherwise you're going to get stuck in all the snow and everything like that. So we do that and then now, I don't know if you guys watched this game, but there was snow like first of all, I can't believe they were catching the ball in that snow, because when we were amazing at this, the snow was so thick. I was like, how could you even see in this? It was unbelievable. So we're walking back to the to the train station, but it turns out everybody else in Philadelphia also heard that there was snow coming, so they decided to do the train too. So now you can't get into the goddamn station outside the Citizens Bank and the link and we're literally like sardines packed in. They're moving like one step forward every three minutes. At the same time, I'm going, does anybody have the Ravens game on their on their phone? Because my phone won't work because everybody's phone is trying to So I'm giving play by play in the snow with everybody like stacked together. I'm like, it's third and seven, eight twenty seven ago, first quarter row all love tea, and people are laughing their heads off because I'm doing amazing play by play, but meanwhile, amazing we're going. We're going literally one step forward every two minutes. It took us an hour and a half to finally get on the train, and then it was another forty five minutes on the train. But it was like, here's a thing. Don't take the train if it's snowing in Philadelphia. Otherwise forget about it or go do something else. That's why I said, why don't we just go over to the casino and watch the game there. They're go, oh, we're not going to get into the game anyways. Whatever, It's just a it should be noted.
Speaker 1: It should be noted that Todd has a history of Loyind Park very far away from arenas and stadiums. Once we went to Summer League here in Vegas and we parked damn near the airport, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Todd, what do we do? We can like drive you know, that's my trick that's my trick spot. That's my free parking spot at Thomas and Mack. If there's like a side street there across the street from the parking so you can it is it's a trick spot, and that you don't have to pay the twenty dollars for the parking. But that was when I could you know, that's not a walking issue, that's you know, it's right, you're right across the street from the parking lot.
Speaker 5: I was like, was it eighty bucks to park at the sept I no, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what it was. It was actually I think it was like two dollars for the train, but the like had we parked, I don't even know how much it was to park in that, but there were there were yahoos out in that snow tailgating like you can't believe like it was. It was unbelievable. The whole scene was just it was incredible.
Speaker 1: It's also why when who are the announcers for that game? I can't remember?
Speaker 5: That was the part that was and Brady?
Speaker 2: That was a Fox game for cart and Brady.
Speaker 1: No, I thought Brady were the Skins?
Speaker 2: Wait for which game for the Eagles?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm sorry, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Tirico and Collinsworth were giving uh the Rams punt returner Xavier Smith was is that the returner for the Rams where he just let the ball bounce right on the final drive and it got all the way back to the twelve and they were kind of murdering him for doing that. I'm like, He's like, yeah, just like let him that was the smart play. Just let it bounce, don't make a mistake. I get it. You don't know that it's going to bounce to the twelve. I thought I thought they were a little rough on him with the snow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you're you're taking the risk of a fumble out out of play, like at least you know you're getting the ball and you're going to give your offense a chance to And they did. They worked their way, they matriculated their way down the fields as you would say, yeah, on guessing lines, and they had a shot.
Speaker 1: Yep, Xavier Smith. That's who it was anyway, So Freeman versus Sirianni, who rechoose Freeman?
Speaker 5: I go Freeman, Freeman. I mean, you need thirteen points with what eight fifty four? I think it was to go like you're basically saying, we still need two touchdowns and we got to stop them twice, like they weren't stopping them all game. I think they punked it once up to that point. So like the math wasn't with them to kick the field.
Speaker 2: Nine to thirty three left.
Speaker 1: Whenever you get a chance to get a two score game to a to a two score game, you gotta take that opportunity.
Speaker 2: I want to add one other one, Peter, I want to add one more. The Lions offensive coordinator for panicking very early in that football game, and and you're gonna all say, oh, well, well, first of all, he throws the stupid halfback. Jamison Williams say, okay, that's fine. That was a complete panic. But the second I felt that the panic was setting in in the second quarter when it was like Goff, I think they were down fourteen to ten still and Goff was throwing bombs on two and fourth and two, and I'm thinking, these guys are scared that the Redskins are moving the ball on them and they're starting to panic. And then the last throw when he throws the touch the interception in the end zone late in the first half also felt to me like a panic throw by Golf and that obviously cost them a touchdown there, but it felt like the whole time they were nervous, Oh we're behind this team and we can't stop them. Let's do something. And then of course the half back pass is just it's just unconscionable there. It's not like you need to trick them. Every play you're running is gashing them. The lines were getting like nine yards of play. It was a scene, you know, and then you're gonna run a goof go ahead.
Speaker 1: You're blaming Ben Johnson for the golf passes, though I agree with you on the Jamison Williams thing, because you can't put it in the hands of someone who, by the way, just in life doesn't have great judgment right on.
Speaker 2: The football field or not.
Speaker 1: But like you could tell when you were watching that live, nobody was opened by his hesitation. And and I'm like, as a Skins fan, I'm like, at least throw it at please throw it because I know whatever's on the other end is not going to be open. And it goes to Samer still and it's a pick, no, no kill me.
Speaker 2: Why I agree with you. It's not like you needed to trick them. It's not like a Ravens against Patriots, as you know, playoff game where they had to play the Amandola trick because they weren't moving the ball. They were moving the ball like there was no tomorrow if they don't turn the ball over a million points, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So there's for that one more and it look, it's been talked about forever. I don't know what the solution is. It's very hard to convince me that both court it looks like Aaron Glenn's going to take the Jets job. It's very hard to convince me both coordinators are going to get hired four days after a game, but they're one hundred percent completely focused. You can't be like applying for your dream job.
Speaker 2: Interviews.
Speaker 4: Those interviews are long, they're extensive, they're exhausting.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: But and then you have to coach a game, Uh, you know, a couple of days later. It's hard to believe both those coordinators are completely locked in. They're going to all say the right things after we were completely focused. Didn't distract us.
Speaker 2: That's hard to buy. It's just hard to buy.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: You're basically trying to put a staff together at to say like, Okay, I'm gonna hire this guy as Mike coordinator. This guy is whatever staff you need to assemble. And yeah, you can say all the agent was handle a lot of the contract negotiations in the interview process.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: And that's something that we also run into a lot in college football during both seasons, where we get coaches that leave and just basically take another job in ball season. I know that has been a very profitable angle as well in college football with the interim head coach, and then you get the massive player departure as well.
Speaker 1: The I told this, by the way, Ben Johnson, for all of his for all of his late calling or error if you believe in that, to calling the Jamison Williams play, is the head coach, the new head coach of the Chicago Bears. And I told this story on the radio side this week, which, if true, immediately tells me he's a bad hire. All always thought that Ben Johnson, Ben Johnson was Washington was very interested in him being their coach last year, and I had always heard the story that the reason Ben Johnson ultimately stayed with the Lions, the whole oh we got more work to do here in Detroit kind of thing, but was that he thought the Washington brass was too basketball, Josh Harris being the owner Sixers, Bob Myers from the Golden State Warriors, and of course Magic Johnson himself being a part of the Skins. Well, so that was the story that we heard. And it's like, okay, whatever, if you think that, whatever, glad you were at the coach, But then there's there's a Washington insider. And I wish I apologize for not remembering his name, but he told this story last week. He goes, that's actually not the story. He said that Adam Peters, who by the way, for me, is the best GM in football beyond Jayden did he and the Redskins brass took the plane to Detroit to go interview Ben Johnson. And on the plane he's talking to Ben Johnson via telephone and he's and they're saying, yeah, so we're gonna draft Jayden Dan Daniels. Let's get ahead of this interview, and let's talk about, you know, some of the plans, what you would do, what you conceive of with Jayden Daniels. And he's like, I would I want to, I want to, you know, design an offense around Sam Howell. And they had to say, no, no, you don't understand. We're drafting Jayden Daniels. The Bears are gonna take Caleb first. We're gonna draft Jaden and Daniels second. You know, hey, so this is what we're gonna do. And he's like, no, I want to do it around Sam.
Speaker 2: Howell to be here, that's out.
Speaker 1: That's not an option, to which the story then goes, Adam Peters said, turn this plane around so I don't know if that story is true. And that is the biggest red flag of all that, because to me, the number one quality in any coach, do you know this from the Joe Gibbs School of great coaching is the ability to adapt to your personnel, your ex'es and o's to your personnel, no matter what your strengths and weaknesses are.
Speaker 2: To adapt.
Speaker 1: That's a good coach. And if he's unable to do that, oh boy man, well, well.
Speaker 2: It tells you to sign an offense around Howe. You just call the play and he gets sad. But what it tells me.
Speaker 1: What it tells me is that, like, if that's true, he was reticent to want to design an offense around a multi dimensional quarterback. He'd rather have a traditional pocket asset.
Speaker 5: Isn't that what he has now in Caleb Williams in Chicago?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I think he has. He has more of a I think he views Caleb Williams as more of a traditional pocket passer. I still think, by the way, let me give a wish to have the biggest, biggest cred in the world.
Speaker 2: I have quoted Todd on this.
Speaker 1: Caleb Williams, what's the word I'm looking for scouting report more than anything I've ever quoted Todd on, which is it's the best.
Speaker 2: One I've heard.
Speaker 1: You know, I always run the Meryl Hodg or my producers run the Meryl Hodge one on a numbers game, which is, he's nothing special. He's nothing special, which is what Meryl Hodge said on a Numbers game before the draft about Caleb. But Todd's to me was always the best, which is, Oh, let me.
Speaker 2: Get this straight. To correct me if I'm.
Speaker 1: Wrong in quote here, don whatever, Ever since you saw Caleb William was not performing that great with the Bears. I know there are some people who still believe in him. But Todd's reaction was, oh, let me get this straight. A guy who his best plays at USC were him frantically running around for his life like a whirling dervish until his five star receivers got open against usually their four star opponents, and then he made a play like, that's the guy who's not succeeding in the NFL. What a surprise, which I think it wasn't a sturdy court.
Speaker 2: It was all of his plays. If you just watch the USC games, every play was that. It wasn't like anything, you know, I mean, these guys, I wonder whither these guys. It's just like with the Jayden Daniels. I watch college football. I don't know, maybe fifteen hours a week on Saturday nights and then all the other nights too. But I'm saying from from noon till two am, I watch I try to watch a million college football games. So I probably if there's like, let's say there's you know, forty on TV, I'll catch, you know, glimpses of.
Speaker 3: Thir Diego City.
Speaker 2: Of course, well you have to watch Wyoming fans. You get Nevada, you got yeah, you got all those good late late night teams. But my point is if you're watching Daniels the year before and you're seeing what he's doing at LSU, it was so unbelievable. I mean, you could just bet the over in those games. You just watch a driver too, You're like, oh, well, forget it, they're going to score forty five. This is for sure. You know, it was so outstanding. And then all this talk about these other quarter I'm like Caleb compared to him, just watch the games. I don't understand. Did these guys not watch the games? It just every year.
Speaker 1: What happens between the last college football game in the NFL draft is always mind boggling how some of these teams talk themselves into Like Michael Crabtree I remember being a great example of that. Right, he's dropped all the way to like the tenth pick. I want to say where it's like, how did we go from he's the greatest wide receiver ever too, Now he's only the tenth pick once we got to the draft, Like there's it's littered with players through the years like that where they talk themselves out of it between then and they.
Speaker 2: Go to the combine and they say, oh, well he's four point two one is this and his wrist, his wrist him just this and.
Speaker 3: Two nine inches.
Speaker 2: We we we looked at his bowel movements and he's got good floaters. And so for sure that that clearly is that, you know, everyone knows most top top picks there floaters.
Speaker 1: You know who is the quarterback with the with the hand size? Who is that burrow?
Speaker 2: That was a concern. I remember there's somebody that I can't remember. Yeah, I can't remember.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah, they really.
Speaker 5: So the moral of the story is the books are going to retroactively cash my Jayden Daniels thirty nine to one to be the number one of overall pick.
Speaker 1: They got you and now you and my Stroud number one from last year. Both of us can go to the same cash.
Speaker 2: Those By the way, I think they're sleeping on that dark guy, are they? Did they not watch Lane Kiffon run it up? Seventy seven nothing seventy six nothing against the Furman? I mean, you know, I don't know. I don't know why all these who are the two top quarters? I forget who the two top quarterbacks that they're all talking about. I'm sorry, Colorado, right, both of them to me are not that much better than Dart. If they're better than Dart and all, I should not agree with you more.
Speaker 1: That's what I asked Chris. That's what I asked him on a numbers give a couple of weeks agogo. Are we sure that either Ward or Sanders are any good at all? And you said, Chris, I would not take either of them at number one.
Speaker 5: I would if I'm if I'm Tennessee and I'm drafting at the top. If someone wants to overpay and mortgage for a number one pick to take one of them five. But if I'm Tennessee, I'm taking either Abdul Carter on the end, or I'm taking Travis Hunter, a guy who you can decide with him how much you want to use him wide receiver and cornerback on the back end. Around in the second round you take a Jackson dart or if you want to take a flyer on looks like quin yours is going on the draft. I don't know how good he's going to be or how far away. Yeah I'm not I'm not there, believe me. But you guys know it's a bad quarterback draft. And I think that's why people are elevating both cam and Shauldure into like this, how they're going to go one and two in the draft or whatever when.
Speaker 2: The way they made me good. I'm not saying they're not going to be good. I'm just saying, how do you watch all those games and tell me that Shaudur Sanders and cam Ward are like way better than dark. It's not It's not true, That's what I'm saying. I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: Who is number three, Chris? If you had to pick right now, who's three or third behind those two?
Speaker 5: If it is it probably is Dark, right, I mean I'm trying to think who else is even going to be? I mean, well, Howard's not gonna go like that high. That's not that's not it's not mill. No, I can't imagine. God, I can't imagine that. I'd take Dark before I would know.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to see these quarterback draft position props come out on Jackson Dark. Like I I wouldn't be surprised if they like put like a like a thirty two and a half on there just to see if he sneaks in into the first round.
Speaker 3: Like that would be uh, that would be wild because he always good. They always get drafted.
Speaker 2: Dart will be better than Milroeu put me down will.
Speaker 1: Be better than absolutely These teams justifiably get quarterback crazy on draft day because they all want to hit on a Jaden d Anderson. So here Mel Kuiper with his first mock draft for twenty twenty five. This morning. He has the Titans taking cam Ward number one. He's got Cleveland going Travis Hunter number two. The Giants get Shadere at three, the Patriots go Abdual Carter at four. That's Mel Kuiper's and there's all these kinds of Dion conspiracies right where it's like he knows or the conspirac he goes that Cleveland, he's going to make sure Cleveland doesn't take sor he's going to make it known that Schador will not play in Cleveland, so therefore they will take Travis Hunter. And then he's gonna want Jerry Jones to get to three so that he can play for Dallas and then he'll be the coach. And there's all kinds of theories about that. Who knows is Kellen Moore going to be their coach? By the way, is that the front runner?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Someone will say getting interview man, some strange strange interviews. I think they're waiting for more, That's my guess. Okay, Todd was there ready in game before we get the picks? Any in game?
Speaker 2: M not really. I I didn't really have anything that spectacular. I mean I did. I did play the Lions over thirty and a half after they fumbled that ball down going in and I got the thirty and a half and thankfully they kicked the field goal down seventeen. So that was that was interesting.
Speaker 1: But anyways, remember we hear those texts back and forth where like, is Dan Campbell going to do the right thing? Kicked the field goal here? Yeah, yep he did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So on the just to talk about what you guys did last week, Will he had a real nice playoffs so far. He went one and one to go to three and one. He had the Texans under I lost the over thirty seven and a half on that on that missed field goal by Kayimi Fairbairn. And I told Sean, my friend who we were at the we were on the way to Philadelphia for the game, and I told him, I said, here's what's going to happen. They're going to be down eleven, they're going to drive down and they're going to kick a field goal and Kayimi Fairbairn is going to miss the field goal and because of that, it's going to land thirty five, well or thirty seven because of the safety, but I knew exactly was good. Anyways, Will had a nice pick there under forty one and a half Texans. He lost with the Ravens along with you, Gilly, and then so he goes to three and one for the playoffs. He wins his teaser he's the only one who's two in er and teasers. Chiefs Bills was a winning teaser, right, Willie, Yeah, that's right. And then Gilly we everybody lost with the Lions. Uh teaser portion. Gilly went one and one with the tie on the Rams and the loser the Ravens. I lost with the Lions and the under and the Eagles, and Drew Dinsik had the Texans plus eight and a half so that did not get home and then the Eagle that was we have to go, we go with the Lion. What was Drew's other pick? Drew had Texans and Eagles Eagles minus six pushed okay.
Speaker 5: Off the right side of that game. Either that's a that's a ship loss right there? Man?
Speaker 3: That was that's wrong.
Speaker 2: But why he didn't practice kicking rocks before the other.
Speaker 4: He looked so bundled up. That's just one where you they cut him on the sideline. Man, I don't know that I trust this guy making a kick. He looked cold. What is this is he lined up from thirty five. I'm like, there's no way he's making this kid field.
Speaker 2: I turned, I said, this is for sure not going to make it. And by the way. He did not make it. He kicked it into the butt of the line. He didn't even kick the ball. It was like if me and you went out to the field and try to kick a field. It was so low.
Speaker 1: But then for those folks who had the Chiefs minus nine and a half. Of course, it didn't end up mattering because Mattariza was told from the I want to say, the eighteen yard line or the fourteen yard line. I should check on that, but one of those yard lines, I think it was the eighteen to run it back and take a safety. Did any of you think that that was going to happen? No?
Speaker 4: I did not, no, no, But I did say when when we're like, oh, what a bad beat is gonna be for the Chiefs, I almost I thought I didn't text out to go.
Speaker 2: They do have to punch.
Speaker 4: Still, so it's like they can run out the whole clock. Never never thinking it would matter. But man, that was one where I audibly gassed by audio.
Speaker 2: I just started lasting shocking. It was shocking, really, I was shocked. I mean, it was so the eighteen yard line.
Speaker 1: I just checked. It was the eighteen yard line, fourth and fifteen.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: You don't want to punt and risk and that sort of block. I was a little surprised the.
Speaker 3: Hole for them to do anything. I'm glad they did. I had I havee plus and a half and I'm glad they did.
Speaker 1: By the way, the other the other thing, and the last thing we didn't talk about for divisional round is these uh this whole thing about the officiating going the Chiefs way in Kansas City. The Mahomes late slide, which which Houston got flagged for because two Houston Texans crashed into each other and that gave the Chiefs fifteen yards earlier, the phantom roughing the passer on will Anderson Junior against Mahomes, which extended that drive, and there was a there was a third Oh, there was another play where I think it was Noah Gray clearly didn't get a first down. They gave it to him and then they're like, oh, yeah, I guess he didn't get it. Let's mark it back. So I think the worst outcome for the league this week is Kansas City winning an officials aided game would just be a disaster, like people would bonds their money.
Speaker 5: By the way, did you see that like Ron Torbert's crew is like doing the Super Bowl now too, How does that happen? And then and then you get your conspiracy, You get your conspiracy theorists out there, like the the the image that the NFL put out there as like.
Speaker 3: Red and yellow trim.
Speaker 5: It's like say, there you go, She's are gonna win the Super Bowl now, Ron Torbert and a yellow and red Twitter picture pronouncing the officiating crew.
Speaker 4: Which is funny because this whole Chiefs run starting that AFC title game versus Brady and the Patriots where they had a ring wiped off the board pretty much because de Ford lined up with like a finger off side Brady throws an interception doesn't count, they get the ball, they went in overtime, and now it's come full circle where it's like, man, it's uh, they're the ones that are getting all the calls, not that that was a bad call, which is just kind of funny.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs in their seventh straight AFC championship, which is just mind boggling. They're trying to become the first team to ever three peat during the Super Bowl era. The Bills trying to win their first Super Bowl. Of course, the Bills franchise is the only franchise to have gone to four consecutive Super Bowls and they happen to lose them all to the Giants, to Washington and twice to Dallas. In the early nineties, Washington tried to do the impossible, go from four and thirteen to a Super Bowl. What they've already done is impossible. And then Philly trying to get back to their to win their second after you know, losing two years ago to the.
Speaker 2: Other the way, can you can you bet on who's going to be in the luxury box with Hailey Steinfeld? Because I know that now Caitlyn Clark sits with Taylor Swift. So if Kaitlyn Clark can sit with Taylor Swift, then Hailey Steinfeld, who I believe is the girlfriend of Josh Allen if I'm not correct, who would sit with her? I would DJ Carrington all the marbles dj A Garington, that is correct. Dj A Jerrington nine is four fifty to sit with Hailey Steinfeld at the Bells game.
Speaker 5: Should bring there the whole, Get the whole, which is Caitlyn Clark going?
Speaker 2: That'd be awesome?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Do we have any bets for championship? There's only two games. But do I have any bets?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 2: I got got the Philadelphia Fly. I learned the Eagles song. It goes like this, fly Eagles Fly on to Victor, we fly Eagles. I don't know any of other words, but I know the fly fly party, so a good fly. It is such a dumb song. They sing constantly like fly Egles Fly, and all I can hear is the kid from Howard Stern who is a big His name is Mark the Bagger, one of the whack pack who loves the Eagles, and he goes, fly Egles Fly, the funniest thing ever. Anyways, it's the dumbest song ever, but it was pretty funny. I like the Eagles, and I'm gonna tell you I like the Eagle. I went back through the two football games, and I'm gonna throw the second game. The last fifty four minutes of the second game, I'm gonna throw right in the garbage. And the reason I'm gonna throw the game right in the garbage is there is a former Yinser quarterback at quarterback for the Igles that day, a man named Kenny Pickett. And everyone donnare said, oh, actually, I think it was Kenny Pickett had the small hands in that if I if I, if I remember, you're right anyway, You're right. I don't think that guy down here, well, look I saw him at Permann. He's one time trying to pick up his same which you couldn't even do. It is Andrew too small and that's a big Anyways, the point is the guy whos got small hands, he's not a good quarterback. But that game was fifty four minutes of Kenny Pickett, six minutes of Jalen Hurts. Now, I'll give the Redskins credit for coming back to win the game. And don't get me wrong, they're obviously I love Daniels. I still have the twenty two to one for Washington win the Super Bowl. I'm sure I'm not going to get there. But the I mean, the thing is, in that game, they did not run the ball well. The only one who ran well was Daniels nine for eighty one. The other Robinson guy, the regular traditional runner runners couldn't run, just like they couldn't run against Tampa Bay. And look, they did some nice things on offense, but it was Kenny Pickett just trying to hold down the fort after getting a big lead. So I'm throwing that whole game in the garbage. I'm going back to the first game when everybody played and the way the Commanders played tremendously well defensively in that first half of that game and went to the break up seven to three. At that point, the Eagles made.
Speaker 1: Some indu three.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, break.
Speaker 2: Three. Then they got a field goal, right So then from that point on, the Eagles scored three touchdowns in a field goal in the second half on long drives, and Washington really couldn't do too much in that second half, and the Eagles pulled away nicely. To me, the Commander's defense is the fly in the ointment. Now they got away with it. They don't. Don't roll your eyes, Gilly. They got away with it with the five turnovers. But let's be fair, Detroit could have scored a thousand points in that game had they not turned the ball over every four seconds. And this team, the Eagles, they have a guy named Saquon Barkley. He has a tendency to run long distances. I believe he ran for a sixty nine yard touchdown at one of the games. They're not going to be able to stop the Eagles. So now it's a question is can commanders hold up. I don't think they can hang with them. So I'm going to go with the Eagles. I'm gonna lay the points. I don't want this to be the case because I have the Washington ticket to win the Super Bowl. But I have to be an objective guy and say Barry Bonds, Joe Gibbs and the rest of them cannot bring home the game this week, and mister Filico will be laughing all the way to the bank.
Speaker 3: I have' you're you're a poet, and you don't know it?
Speaker 5: Does It doesn't feel like either Washington wins or loses by like double digits. Like it feels like to either go in there and win and pull the opposite or the Eagles, kind of like that first meeting win by like fourteen or.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 1: No outcome would surprise me, No outcome would surprise me. A couple of things. One on the Kenny Pickett game that Todd throws out, He's also conveniently throwing out the fact that the Eagles were plus three in turnovers in that game and still fucking lost. So the picket narrative is a bit of how can I put this horse manure? He couldn't do anything. So there's that so.
Speaker 3: Up and down the field.
Speaker 5: Though in that game though get they were like they still they still ran the ball. They still had uh thirty three points. There were three to sixty the game.
Speaker 2: That's for me.
Speaker 5: Let me saying it, and I think it's applicable for this week because we don't know if Hurts Hurts is fully healthy and what he's going to be able to do. Should he should he played the second the first game rather in Philly with a concussion. I went back with reading some of the quotes and uh it was He's like, yeah, I I don't remember that player. I probably shouldn't say that postgame and yeah, I managed to work my way through protocol like wink wank, like he he played that first game with concussion, and they went like, I don't know. I I know we're not giving out picks in terms of like props or anything like that. But I saw an Eagles team total over twenty six and a half. It was minus one twenty, but that was like the like, how would the Eagles not scoring twenty points?
Speaker 2: I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: If I could finish my thought after the comma where I will give you an Eagles uh warning, what you.
Speaker 2: Were about to hear? What you were about to hear is coming from a man who has a slight bias warning warning. Oh go ahead, Billy Goad.
Speaker 1: Be tugging.
Speaker 2: The You know.
Speaker 1: The argument for the Eagles is this that they're a defense, that defense first team, which both the Lions and the Bucks were not. For instance, the most two recent games, and what Jayden Daniels just absolutely feasts on. By the way, Jayden Daniels total QBR out of one hundred since the Commander's seven game winning streak began is a total QBR of eighty two point three, ranked second only to Josh Allen. But against the blitz this year, ninety point one QBR this regular season, and by the way, against Detroit it was ninety one point eight. But what do the Eagles not have to do blitz? So that's the that's for me. The biggest argument is that the Eagles defense is so good. They have the fourth lowest blitz rate in the entire league this year. They can just play at Kosher and let Jalen Carter do his thing. I think the Sam Cosmey injury is big on the red offensive line, so I think that's the argument for the Eagles. But good luck you're playing Boy Wonder, who to me is the greatest quarterback has ever played.
Speaker 2: The Rams blocked him up pretty good. I was kind of surprised that Stafford had the time that he had to throw on a lot of that, so, I mean, you know, obviously, and the other thing, I was kind of surprised with it. Karen Williams got some nice runs off too against him. I was kind of surprised about both of those. But I mean, I would think that the Rams offensive line is I don't know how they grade out against Washington's offensive line. It's going to be a.
Speaker 1: Balming day in Philly in the forties, by the way, so we'll not be in it.
Speaker 5: Just looks like no snow, no slow, no no slow, no snow, and not a lot of winds in other place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can take I just want to know. I just want to know, Todd if if Washington wins, are you going to do this again in the Super Bowl? You're like, Okay, the Skins are defense is lucky? Oh bah, yeah, that shit you do with the Skins defense.
Speaker 2: Will Let's let's ask Willy, a guy who's still crying in his tears about Sammy Darnold. Willy, your thoughts on the Washington commander's defense. Is it the Gilly smoking mirrors they're much better than everyone thinks they are? Or am I right and that they really say? Wait what?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, don't misrepresent what I said. Is you think they suck? I say they're middling, So that's why you underrate them. I say they're they're below average?
Speaker 2: Is that fair? Really makes me called average or middle? I say middling is a good word for it.
Speaker 4: But I was reading some of the Aaron shot stuff our buddy, and he had some stats where he just doesn't think this is a good matchup for Washington because they're dv O ranks. The DVOA ranks for Washington twenty six run defense, twenty sixth in second level run defense, in thirty first in open field run defense. So he's got all these different breakdowns of like, once they hit the second level, how well do they defend once you're in open field? How well do they And he thinks once if and when Barkley can get to the second level, there will be some explosive runs coming, so that yeah, really.
Speaker 2: Really doesn't he have the Ravens as the third best team in the history of football, going all the way back to net Rockney in nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 5: Seven nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take Newt Rockney above him. Go ahead, and then the.
Speaker 3: Choice for the word the worst fifteen and two team, right.
Speaker 1: That is correct. Saquon Barkley, to Willie's point against Washington averaging just over one hundred and thirty seven scrimmage yards per game. The only player to average more scrimmage yards against the single opponent in NFL history minimum ten games Jim Brown against the Eagles. So whenever, whenever you invoke the name of Jim Brown, you pretty much own a team, and Saon has good.
Speaker 2: Is that for the Commanders?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm giving you all your bullet points. I'm giving you guys, all the respect, all the bullet points. All I'm saying is this, this, this is all gravy for us. They were alwly, they were never supposed to get to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: They got to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: During the year, all I kept saying was they're gonna get to the playoffs. At the most they win one game, then they go into Detroit. By the way, there's not a Washington fan among us who's like, who went into Detroit was like, Oh, yeah, we're gonna crush them by it, you know, for two scores. Basically three scores, right, but it was two scores in the end. There's not a Washington fan who at this point isn't like, holy fuck, what is happening. So if they lose, it would surprise nobody. But the fact that they're sixty minutes away and have more than a puncher's chance. This isn't like Buster Douglas, this is all I had already beaten this team, and this kid just went into Detroit and beat the greatest Lions team in a franchise history badly.
Speaker 2: Oh can I say one thing about that? From me and Willy? Me and Willy. I don't know about you, Willy. At first, when I saw Dan Campbell crying, I was like, oh, you got a feel for Dan Campbell. And then I harkened back to a time when me and Willie had a great bet under twenty eight and a half attempts for Jared Goff against Jaguars and that asshole up forty nine to seven.
Speaker 3: They might have been up seventy.
Speaker 2: Seven to seven in the fourth quarters throwing the goddamn ball. So I do not have even a sintilla of empathy for that. Endless wings and endless passes. You got what you deserve. You ever heard of karma? It's a bitch. Dan Cry, Eagles Cry, Cry, Dan Campbell, BA go to hell Dan Campbell for throwing the ball against the Jags. We deserve him to be out of there.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, it's go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well, oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Last thing I want to say about this because I want to go to crazy on Daniels, my favorite Daniels. Did you hear the Aaron Andrews stat about Daniels Jaden Daniels more games with no punts and no turnovers then Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, and Patrick Mahomes combined in their careers. All year, I've been saying that it is really hard to beat a team. This is football, one oh one. We can take all that other shit. I said. This is football one oh one. If you are playing a team where the quarterback does not fumble, does not throw picks, and they never fucking punt the football and he never gets sacked. Good fucking luck. I sent you guys that fourth down thing this week. Did you see that They're eighty seven percent on fourth down? Not even close to the number two team. It's like, way way ahead the number two team with seventy five of the remaining playoff teams. So I'm just saying, could it end any given day? Sure? But and by the way, that eighty seven percent is not like, oh, is that sustainable? It's always fourth and short right when people throw out blanket fourth down stats, they fail to like differentiate between fourth and seven or fourth and two, and it's always short yardage and it's automatic with this kid. This is not the Eagles team that won the Super Bowl where Doug Peterson got all this credit for their ridiculous luck of hitting third and seven and beyond at an unsustainable rate, which they happen to sustain for a full year.
Speaker 2: Right, So this is different.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I have no bet on it, so I'm just telling you, I'm just I'm just laying out the kid.
Speaker 2: My official bet is Eagles minus six, and my second favorite bet is the Chris Filika team total Eagles over. I love it. I love it, Chris.
Speaker 4: I'll go with Eagles minus six as well as an official bet.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting here and thinking about this skill. I'm thinking back and like as a team, like long suffering Jets fan, Like it reminds me like you're talking about like the mentality of like the Skins fans like house money and like by the time Sunday comes around, you're convincing yourself they're gonna win.
Speaker 3: So I'm thinking back to what was a two thousand and season.
Speaker 5: No, I say, here's here's here's what I'm getting at, Like did you Mark Sanchez beat beat Pete and Manning and Indy and they beat the Patriots, Like, oh my god, they got the Pittsburgh. They're gonna go to this They're gonna beat the Steeler and go to the super Bowl, like they can beat the Steelers, and then it just didn't click and they were like spent by the mental It was funny. I was talking to someone and he's like, I wish you would have talked to me before the game, because I knew they had no chance. They were just mentally and physically spent their work and to go to go to Pittsburgh and what it like reminds me of that as like a fan mentality like it's like, oh, we got no shot, we got no shot? Wow, be picking Manning, all right, we're not gonna be the Patriots. Oh my god, we beat the Patriots. Happening now, It's like, I I just hope by Sunday you're not setting yourself up for a gut punch I got like I had John, not me.
Speaker 2: I would never get optimistic nose.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, but I'm good.
Speaker 1: But you bring up you bring up Sanchez, and you brought up the Steelers and Roethlisberger.
Speaker 5: Like so.
Speaker 1: Jayde Neils is the sixth quarterback, sixth rookie quarterback ever to get to a conference championship game. The other five Shaun King with Tampa had a third ranked defense with Tampa, Ben Roethlisberger in two thousand and four with the Steelers, the Steelers defense under Dick lebou was the first ranked defense, and Joe Flacco with the Ravens in two thousand and eight, the Ravens had the third ranked defense third top ranked defense. Mark Sanchez for your Jets in two thousand and nine, the Jets had the third ranked defense. Rock Perty Two years ago with the Niners, the Niners had the number one ranked defense. Jayden Daniels' defense is eighteenth.
Speaker 2: Also I heard them, I heard they were middling.
Speaker 1: Middling. That's very middle. That's a middle. And also Ben, by the way, middle is sixteen and a half, right, so I don't I mean sixteen on the button right. So also the other thing about this last thing, like you think about those teams Rothelsberger and Sanchez, those teams, if you remember, we're.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, don't fuck this up, just don't do anything wrong.
Speaker 1: The defense will win this game or third down and just we'll run the ball into the cloud. It doesn't we'll pump with not only are they doing not only are they not that, but they're like, all right, Jade, and it's four and fourth and four, have at it. It's like the complete opposite. There's no point he's the greatest rookie quarterback of all time.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's not even close. I mean, he was also five hundred years older than everybody else. But I do agree with obviously we all agree that Jayden and Daniels is better.
Speaker 1: Than all those other guys.
Speaker 2: But that's obvious.
Speaker 1: You know, you know else was five hundred years older than everybody else, Chris Wanky, So that's not a guarantee either.
Speaker 2: Chris Wanky was a great baseball player, if I remember correctly, it was. But anyways that I think we we we all know where you're coming down. Jaden Barry, Us Bonds, Gibbs Daniels. I don't have to. I don't have a bet.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is any outcome. There's no outcome that would surprise me. The Skins won, it wouldn't surprise me. If they covered, it wouldn't surprise me. If the Eagles won by two scores, fourteen points, it wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 2: It really wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying a lot of people who are super confident about the Eagles, and I'm like, easy, do you think we'll have.
Speaker 2: Hail to the Commanders as the song?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 2: That gone? Right? But I'm saying, did they take that song?
Speaker 1: The Commanders is like left Like there's some bullshits song where people are like left, hand up.
Speaker 2: They don't play, they don't play the Hail to the Redskins anymore. That thing's gone.
Speaker 1: Me and the real fans, the real fans do, I don't know if they do officially, I don't.
Speaker 2: Oh see I was going to give him a better song, because it's way better than Fly Eagles Fly, It's way better. Hail to the Redskins is like great, the.
Speaker 1: Greatest jam of all time? Uh, the our till matchup is not that one.
Speaker 5: Yes, before we get to the b I have a question for you. What are you rooting for more this weekend? A Washington football team Commander Taco Holder win in the NFC Championship Game to get to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Or a pair of six six two.
Speaker 5: Wins by Egos fiatech over Madison Keys and then either sable Anca or Bondosa in the Australian Open Final.
Speaker 3: What would bring a bigger smile to your face? Warm your heart.
Speaker 2: I'm going to commanders for Gilly. He's still commanders all the way back the Thean.
Speaker 1: The Fiantech win would make me more money by far, and of course it would keep her on pace with Serena to be the greatest of all time, which is again my boldest prediction evolved.
Speaker 3: But no one, No one believes that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is oh everybody, everybody will believe it, just like no one believed it.
Speaker 2: Just like no one believed it.
Speaker 1: Chris, when I said you would in double digit majors. They'll get there. It's just we're just a little too ahead of history.
Speaker 3: But they can.
Speaker 2: But the Washington football team, come on.
Speaker 1: My buddy Reza in the Bay Area, Iranian friend of mine used to ask me, he goes Gil, if the Redskins fought Iran in a war, no, that fought Israel in a war, who would you fight for Redskins?
Speaker 2: Probably I would say you Redskins.
Speaker 1: Plight for the Redskins. I chose the Redskins.
Speaker 2: I took the Stillers minus three and a half against Israel in nineteen eighty three on the road to.
Speaker 1: The Marquee Matage Buffalo and Kansas City. No Ravens, No Ravens, Buffalo, Kansas City. Josh Allen as the Patrick Mahomes hurdle. The Chiefs are now favored by two in this game, and he bets here nobody I looked.
Speaker 2: I looked back at that this game. The Bills kind of won this game a lot easier than it. It really seemed. I thought the were definitely I looked at all the drive charts, you know, back from the first game. But I don't I don't want to go against Andy and Spags and it's just too hard to call.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you guys think, but it feels like an undergame to me, neither offense really, I mean you talk about we saw also how Buffalo was just so fortunate last week with the turnover lock and you only had one penalty and they gained a couple of first downs by Ravens penalty. I mean, Allen was sixteen to twenty two for a book twenty six to front. That's insane to be able to win a game like that where you average four yards of play, like I don't know, and then Kansas City the same way. I mean, if it wasn't throwing a kelsey, the Chiefs couldn't move the ball and they got a couple of drives extended by penalties like we talked about, Like I don't know, it almost feels like one of those. And again you can't handicap this based on like e motion and a gut feel, but it's like it almost comes full circle where like the Bills were meant to come back here to end the dynasty when I maybe not, but end the three peat run to uh to get here and win this game, like I take the Bills plus two here if it feels like.
Speaker 3: Kansas City. Just all was funny.
Speaker 5: We were talking about how all of the upsets like the and what's gonna wind up happening. Come the playoffs and we're going to get a super Bowl without the Chiefs or the Lines, And I think that's gonna I like the Bills on Sunday.
Speaker 4: I think, whoever you pick in this game, if you get the game wrong, you're gonna feel like an idiot.
Speaker 2: If you go against.
Speaker 4: Mahomes and read and you lose and they beat you can why the hell did I pick against them? But if you go against the Bills and you pick the Chiefs, man, it was like you're saying, it's the Bills time. The Bills were kind of due the Chiefs weren't as good as the record. The Bills were kinda due to break through and beat them when it counts.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm at the point where until I see it happen with the Bills beating the Chiefs in a big spot.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: They always beat them in the playoffs. They always beat them in the railar season. They never beat them in the playoff. And I do think you have to factor into like, hey, they're going to Chiefs, are going to get one or two calls at home instead of crying about it kind of factored into your handicapping bills. Might be a couple of they got a couple of dbacks banged up. I don't know their their status rapping. I think it's Benford the other guy. And maybe I thought about the Washington game too. Are they do a little turnover aggression because those are plus three and turnovers last week, just like Washington's plus six and turnovers for the postseason, six takeaways, no giveaways, Buffalo's three takeaways, no giveaways. Man, you're going to Kansas City with a little turnover aggression. Maybe not that it's going to manifest in one game, but it is something that at least I considered.
Speaker 2: Who said defense wins championships? By the way, who said defense wins champions Johnny Carrington said it. No, it wasn't hurt. Somebody said defense wins championships. I think you guys would all agree the Chiefs the defense is worse. The Chiefs defense is better. So on that score, you might want to take the Kansas City Spagnola's because their defense is better.
Speaker 5: But what be the only thing I would say to that, and while I agree with you, is the one thing that a defense cannot account for is when all the shit breaks down and you got Josh Allen scrambling for twenty two yards on third and seven, Like that's the only issue you have when like we're lying on a dominant defense doing is the stuff that you just can't defend because you're not expecting it.
Speaker 1: That's a great point what will said, though you'll feel stupid either way. Let me put it in another way. If these two games both the NFC and AFC Championship, but let's say they weren't the AFCNSA Championship. Let's say it was Week eleven. They both played each other in week eleven. If this was in the middle of a ten am or a one pm East coast window, these two games existed among six others, would you be betting these two games?
Speaker 2: Probably not now?
Speaker 1: Probably not? Probably not because we go back and forth. The only reason we're betting it was because they're there.
Speaker 2: What's the Kansas City weather.
Speaker 3: To be?
Speaker 5: Fine?
Speaker 3: Thirties right around thirty is no wing?
Speaker 1: By the way, do you did you like that there was big snow in the Rams Eagles game because I brought this up that you lost it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it, but I remember my dad used to say, he'd be like, it's a shame that such a big game is decided by weather, right, And I also pointed out he's the same guy that also said the way to make baseball fair is to let everybody take steroids, right, So vision.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I love it loading target, but but I I because some people be like, oh, that sucks that a game, you know, gets decided with inclement weather.
Speaker 2: I still love Did you see what Kurt Warner said about this on video on Twitter? He actually made it. I happen to agree with both of you. I like it when the weather's in there, you know, because oh, you could get the home field advantage and all that stuff. Kurt Warner had a whole video saying it's not fair because if you're on Arizona, like his team, right was Arizona at the end of his career. He said, in Arizona, they can come down to play in our building and there's no problem with weather. It's like perfect weather every single time, and and there's no issue whatsoever. And whereas we can't do that over there they have they have the opportunity if it's snowing, to get something special, whereas we don't. Which was an interesting point to me. But then what.
Speaker 5: Then isn't that home field advantage? Right?
Speaker 2: But no, no, but what he's saying is his home field advantage can't be as as big a deal as the other team's home field advantage because they play in a regular, you know stadium that's perfect. Now, Now you could also argue those I remember when the dome teams used to have. I don't know what happened to that where it got so loud Remember when it used to get so loud and dome. Yeah, so that you know, you can go I personally like, I like it when the weather is part of it and everything. So I don't really agree with Kurt Warner, but he kind of made me question in it a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but I mean, no one forced them to sign with Arizona, And it's not like the weather snuck up on the northern cities versus the southern right, And so it's like, yeah, that's true, but like you knew this in advance kind of thing, right, So I have like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, but what He's all he's trying to say is that they have a better they have a better the better benefit, right, they have the better benefit of the understand.
Speaker 1: That, No, obviously I understand that, right, but like.
Speaker 2: Look at should should shook right, right, But everybody has that with this that your fans could be loud. But whereas the Northeastern teams, the weather teams, and the Seattle with the rain and stuff, they have an extra added benefit that they can throw into their home field advantage. Gulash is what he's saying. I kind of let's just say it's unfair.
Speaker 4: Let's just go one step further and let's all agree it's completely unfair.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the solution? What do you want to do? Play like field? I agree with you, really, I agree with yeah.
Speaker 1: This has been football since the dawn of time. And again I'll get back to what I said before, which still stands, which is okay, then don't sign with Arizonas.
Speaker 4: Some conversation in the past about having the conference championship games played neutral setting, almost like they have a Final four at one destination and play one game Saturday, one game Sunday.
Speaker 2: And have it be a toll man.
Speaker 4: I don't think I would have liked that, but I've heard that idea, but I don't think the advantage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: God, I wish there was another game this weekend because I love to tease the Buffalo Kansas City total up and go under that with something else.
Speaker 2: Bills is a teacher like Bills. To me, the Bills is a great teacher like that. The game should be close to love to.
Speaker 3: Tease like both of those up.
Speaker 2: I believe North Florida Chris is going to be playing on Saturday, and they have a tendency to go over the total. The North Florida Ospray. Check out the North Florida Aspray's team total either against them or for them, because they like to give up a million. And by the way, I check this out on Ken Palm. You know, obviously in all sports, and this goes for football as well. When you have a team that's tremendous on offense and terrible on defense and plays at a high pace in football or basketball, it's always an overteam and the difference between their offense and their defensive ranking, they're like seventieth on offense and like three hundred and fiftieth on defense. They're like one of the most extreme teams ever. It's almost like that Tampa Bay Buccaneers team with when Jamis was throwing all those interceptions and me and Jeff Parls were rooting them home over every single week because they were so good on offense and so bad on defense. And then you know, so I just love those kind of teams. That's a great thing for all of sports. By the way, if you see teams that are great on offense and terrible on defense, they have a tendency to be like huge over teams because the averages can't catch up with that.
Speaker 5: Last Broadly, another hoops team that's a big they play very sad, the old Illinois State Redbirds.
Speaker 2: They're over.
Speaker 1: Did anybody bet any Super Bowl m v P players anybody? No, I did not, nobody.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 1: So getting ahead of the possible, so you don't know sight unseen if they're going to be there, but you know, the thinking being, hey, if Washington gets there, let me put into jad and Daniels bet now that kind of orf Baltimore got there, a lot of people were betting Lamar already. Okay, so nobody So here's the last Now that.
Speaker 3: You brought it up.
Speaker 2: I might look, yeah, is there an.
Speaker 5: Argument to make that if the like, if the Chiefs do get there, like it could be someone other than Mahomes, being that the Chiefs offense has been.
Speaker 2: There's an argument to me make.
Speaker 4: I don't want to back it up with money. Just these things are so slanted towards the quarterback. I mean, I know, who are you saying? Somebody made the case of Hey, if it was last week, it would have gone to Kelsey's the MVP.
Speaker 1: Maybe Matt Brown not ready.
Speaker 4: The first Niners chief Super Bowl, was it Damian Williams scored three touchdowns and h M mep Obviously no he didn't. They still give it to my Homes Like it's just James White was another one. He might have had three touchdowns against the Falcons and one of those Patriots Falcons super Bowls still went to Brady. It's like, it's just, man, you gotta like you gotta.
Speaker 2: I don't even know, I don't even.
Speaker 4: Know what to uh to steal this from these especially these big name quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: And by the.
Speaker 5: Way, if the Eagles were to get were to get to the game, like I'm sure like Barkley would be the guy ever wanted.
Speaker 4: To be a different scenario, yes, Barkley of a difference.
Speaker 5: Like you could be East five to one, like I mean, but.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Josh.
Speaker 5: Could could you go like really really off the board and look for like one of the one of the defensive guys. Could you look for like a jail in quarter or something like that on on the and then you.
Speaker 1: Could not cast your Probably, Yeah, I had I had the Who was it who wanted when the Rams won? Was it per Cup who won? Or Aaron Donald?
Speaker 2: Who will Aaron Donald? I had Aaron Donald. I was convinced I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they gave it to And then some people said they voted before that final drive and Donald like made the final play to disrupt Burrow or like get pressure on him, and.
Speaker 2: People like, oh, you know, I would have. I already had my voting.
Speaker 4: For uh, we have to we had current votes in earlier whatever.
Speaker 1: So it's well, that's a good point. That's a good point because they're making those votes on the fly and the Super Bowl, so you don't even get to the end of the game with some of these votes. But Josh Allen is priced exactly like the Bills are, So it's not like there's an advantage betting Super Bowl imager there.
Speaker 5: Do we think Hurts is a playing and be how healthy do we think.
Speaker 2: He is playing?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Healthy, probably not, probably not.
Speaker 5: So I was back to will what Jeff always Jeff Schwartz always says on our pod, like he's like, are you hurt or are you injured? Because at this point in the year, everybody is hurt, but uh is he injured? Like legit injured? So that's gonna that kind of like if.
Speaker 2: You go to the Buck and Al buffet, you know, and you're like two plates in, you're somewhat injured, but you're not hurt. You can go back and then you can hit the middle of the place with the dessert card. But now you know, prior to all that, then after all that, then.
Speaker 3: You may be injured.
Speaker 2: The Jets have hired by the way.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I have heard Aaron.
Speaker 2: Heard give me the under I don't think Aaron Glenn is going to be the answer. A great Detroit defense we saw on Saturday night. That was Troy defense.
Speaker 3: That that that's down to nine points.
Speaker 2: He's joking, he's joking. The first question A G.
Speaker 1: Todd doesn't get unless it's from him. Aaron Glenn, the first question I would have asked him an interview is what happened on that twelve minute on the field there, and that.
Speaker 2: Would like be the If he doesn't have a good answer, that's the end of the interview. Hey, bar Joe, I knew they were I knew they were joking. Barry Bonds, Okay, it's okay. You had no idea they were joking.
Speaker 1: You have no fucking idea they were.
Speaker 3: Just so So.
Speaker 5: Now you're gonna have Aaron Glenn, first time head coach with what a first time GM, the guy that I think is gonna be the GM and doesn't have any experience. You have to make a massive decision at quarterback, like what what are you going to do at quarterback? To Bree, I'm assuming Aaron Rodgers isn't coming back. You're you're dealing with with an owner who is clueless and the biggest media market in the country.
Speaker 3: All we're going to see now for.
Speaker 5: The next week or so and then again when the when the regular season starts again. Aaron Glenn giving up the touchdown of mark ingram on the fake spike, Like you talk about being put in a position to absolutely fail, like like this is textbook.
Speaker 2: I want to let Tyrod Taylor be the quarterback.
Speaker 1: I just want to get the Matt Brown no ahead, Matt Brown.
Speaker 2: Whose were dying to hear about Matt Brown No.
Speaker 1: It was to back up what Will was saying earlier that he was making the point that they would not They could not have given it to Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Mahomes threw for one hundred.
Speaker 1: And seventy seven yards against the Texans and one touchdown, one hundred and seventeen of those one seventy seven and the touchdown went to Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 2: That was his point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last question, then we can get out of here. And this has nothing to do with betting. But I said this. I'm gonna put out a clip a little later about this. I said this on a numbers game, and I'm curious if you guys agree or disagree. I believe as a group of four teams, this is the most flawed and maybe the worst collective group of four that I can ever remember, because if you go back in recent history, I'm just saying, like, let's go away. If you go one year by one year, San Francisco, last year, Aaron Shots Adam as one of the top ten of all time?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And they lost all those Kansas City Mahomes team with Tyreek, all those Brady teams, right, they all I just I look at these four teams and I'm like, are any of them great? And I don't think they are.
Speaker 2: I think this is one of them, maybe a seventh best team ever, that's true, one of them did? I don't know. Can I just say something, The Ravens are not the seventh best team in the history of the National Football League, even before they didn't lose to the Bills. Kid. I don't know what he has in his model, but I'd like to look under the hood, the Ravens are not you do you do any of you guys here? And by the way, Aaron Shots is obviously a very brilliant man, and he's, you know, great. I'm not taking any shots at him. I'm just saying, do any of you guys down that way in this particular case. In this particular case, I'm disagreeing that you can disagree with people who you know are brilliant. Do you do any of you guys think that the Ravens were the seventh best team in history of the National Football League.
Speaker 1: You see how you don't get humor, Todd. Aaron Shots was joking the whole time with that. No, he wasn't Oh there you go, uh no serious?
Speaker 5: Seven?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I'm seventh, the best of all time. And then last year, remember he had both the Niners and Ravens his top two ten, top ten teams of all time, which didn't get.
Speaker 4: Them asks with your point, Todd, I agree with your assessment.
Speaker 1: Todd, Yes, Todd, thank you will.
Speaker 2: Chris do you think it was okay?
Speaker 5: Todd?
Speaker 1: Can we not go reject the original question was?
Speaker 2: What the original question? God damn it was? Is this the worst group before ever?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at this, I'm looking at this right now, and I'm trying to I'm looking at like the stand like this, like the the Cardinal Steelers in two thousands.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that one too. That's so weird you're going to bring that up. Because that's so weird. You're going to bring that up.
Speaker 4: Flacco was a rookie, they beat him, Arizona was a lower seed, and then Philly upset the Giants. That's it, That's it's funny you brought that up.
Speaker 2: I was like, here, what he can remember that? Oh eight when under the Donovanna once the Donovan McNab game. They lost thirty two to twenty five to Arizona for the Super Bowl, Right, and that Eagles team was a really good team. If I'm not if I'm not mistaken, am I wrong?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was Warner Warner I fit straw. The Cardinals were nine and seven that year.
Speaker 2: Right now, but I'm saying the Eagles. We're talking about the final four. In the Final four. The Eagles was a great team, was it? Warn't they wild card team in the division.
Speaker 3: The Eagles were nine six and one. The Giants were uh okay Panthers.
Speaker 4: The Panther ironically, Warner played the Eagles in Arizona, so we talked about like the Arizona playing in Philly and how that would be a disadvantage. But that was where it was foot through affiliate to go to Arizona.
Speaker 5: Over their playoff run that year with a twenty six fourteen win over the Viking.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just think it's interesting to bookmarket to say it out loud now, because as time goes on, people will look back and they'll be like, what are you talking about. It was Mahomes, it was Allen Jane Daniel's rookie year. What are you talking about? Like right now in the moment, it's sort of like, yeah, none of them are really because Washington with the middling defense, Kansas City fans will tell you this is not nearly their best team. I think Buffalo Bills fans will tell you the same, and the Eagles will absolutely tell you the same, even though their defense is awesome.
Speaker 5: So in two thousand and eight, that was to the the Brady acl year, So the Patriots didn't even have Brady that year. The Dolphins won the Yes, that was a real fugazi type year.
Speaker 4: Tomlin's only title, will Will Hill a lifelong crusade to bash Mike Doblin.
Speaker 2: I love Tom.
Speaker 4: Rabel's not far behind Rabels on my list too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are we sure?
Speaker 3: Like this is like the home run? Like I I like.
Speaker 4: Him at all, But I don't know well he said in his press conference about how they got to run the ball and how when he run the ball x amount of times that leads you to a good record. Oh, let's uh man, run the ball, run the ball twenty bus times?
Speaker 1: You know you win seventy percent of your games, man.
Speaker 2: We're really doing this. By the way, the first half of the Super Bowl, first half of the Super Bowl and the Cardinals Steelers, it was over twenty three and a half. It was the first half. The score was ten to seven. I had a huge bet on over over twenty three and a half, and I'm just rooting against my Steelers. I'm rooting for Kurt Warner to punch it in so that they go fourteen ten at half and he throws it to Harrison and I almost have a home.
Speaker 5: Are you going rumbling down the sideline?
Speaker 2: He got ninety yet the pilot, Yeah, by the way, had the pilot. Let's say, Chris, you know it's funny that you said that the pylon did play a role in that in that play if you were that and and what's his name came from out of bounds. Larry Fitzgerald came from out of bounds to tackle him, and then they had to do the whole replay and I was like losing my mind. And he barely got the tip in on the pylon. It was so that was Madden's last game. Oh, that was last game.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a great treasure. That's a great uh, a great note. All right, we done. That's like another one that.
Speaker 5: Read the random broadcast notes, is that uh for the ninety three Notre Dame in Florida State one versus two game, O. J.
Speaker 3: Simpson was on the sideline. It was the silent answer.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, what was he? What? Why was he? Notable? Chris Any wanted he.
Speaker 5: Was nineteen sixty eight Heisman Trophy winner and ran for the Nordberg said THEFL Senate that the NFL rushing record in what nineteen seventy two getting two hundred and something yards against the Jets in the regular season finale.
Speaker 4: Right, he's so like a on those naked gun movies.
Speaker 2: Sake Berg, Yeah, mhmm, all right.
Speaker 3: It's commercials.
Speaker 1: I believe, I believe we've done all we can do. This has been rollicking. This has been spirited.
Speaker 3: By the ways.
Speaker 5: By the way, I'm betting I'm betting uh in forty fifty two minutes.
Speaker 3: I'm betting uh nor under a half a goal against Leeds.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 4: I told you, I told you, I told you Bear would be good. We said that Bear was gonna be the guest. Todd said in our group, Chatty goes, he's a college guy.
Speaker 2: He doesn't really know the NFL. We are you believe we have? I think what I said was, why do they give those network jobs to know nothings? I believe I said, why do they give those network jobs to know nothing? That's what I said?
Speaker 3: Like me exactly, I admit it. I amn't know nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm just a pretty That's what you are.
Speaker 2: Exactly what you are?
Speaker 1: Why are you laughing?
Speaker 2: To literally Kirk kurbs Street, Chris's friend, Kirk kurbs who I happened to really like. Kurhurbs Street and a lot of people, you know, take shots at him, and they were taking shots at him about the the Ohio State winning the thing and he was all emotional about it. I mean, I think that is a little like I don't think he should do that.
Speaker 3: But did Okay, I'm gonna give you a fault.
Speaker 5: Did you hear him yesterday as to why he kind of had a breaking point there?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 2: Because his whole, yes, family or something was a whole bunch of Yeah.
Speaker 5: Basically, his son, his son Zach, a couple of two years ago had to quit football. He had a heart heart failure basically, and they were talking about him maybe having to get a heart transplant, and he's doing better now.
Speaker 3: I don't know where it stands and what the future is with that. Uh.
Speaker 5: And then this year Ali his wife got diagnosed with breast cancer and he's on the road all year.
Speaker 3: Obviously his dog died.
Speaker 5: Like it was kind of like a like Ryan Day and Chip Kelly like kept Zach around and almost had him be as like a ga and really helping around the team and treated him well. And it was like just to see him with his wife in the booth next to him watching the game, and to see Zach getting a and it was just kind of he just kind of everything is kind of a kind of a release. So I like it. It was a hard thing to watch, I think for a lot of people, but there was a little bit more to it them just him being, oh, I'll have my alma mater won the national championship.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm happy.
Speaker 5: And it was funny because uh, he did this hit with McAfee yesterday and and Patty even said that a J Hawk was getting tiery as a former player, former captain of Ohias State watching last Date win. So there there is a little something to seeing a team that you were captain for and being being around so much win. I don't know anything about that because I don't think any of my teams have won anything. Yankee Yankees World Series over the Phillies I think was the last thing that any of my teams won. It came close with the Islanders when they lost that Game seven in Tampa a few years ago on a conference final and a shorthanded goal. Only short handed goal. The Islands well out all year. So yeah, I'm if your room for a winning team that you don't want, I'm certainly not not your fan.
Speaker 1: I got all. I got emotional last week and they won a Divisional round game.
Speaker 2: If they won the Super Bowl, you'll be bawling.
Speaker 5: Like Charlie.
Speaker 2: Tis.
Speaker 1: But to this point because right like my mom passed away and then the miracle pass against the Bears, my dad and I used to go.
Speaker 2: To the games.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's more than just the game itself.
Speaker 2: So you know, if the Steelers win and I get free parking, sometimes I shed a tear if I get the free it's emotional.
Speaker 3: What if it's only forty dollars parking as opposed to eighty dollars.
Speaker 2: Parking No, that's not as big a deal. You got to go. It's one hundred dollars for the valet. That's when start crying.
Speaker 1: Okay, Are we allowed to let people go on about their way for the rest of the day?
Speaker 3: Now done? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Chris Filicka everybody at Chris Filica on Twitter. F A L L I C A Big noon Saturdays of course during college football season, the Bear Betts Podcast, which he does with Jeff Schwartz, with Will Hill, with Sammy p pro and college football. What do you do after football season? You do other sports?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll be well, we'll probably take a little bit, a little bit of tom off after the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: That will be the annual Turks and Keikos vacation.
Speaker 5: But well, yeah, we'll be back for March Madness for sure, maybe a little little Master's preview the Kentucky Derby, and then before you know what, will be previewing not college football again.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'll miss you in Turks Love Turks, Will.
Speaker 3: Hill Miss You and Passion stallasturb song.
Speaker 1: Oh uh not the Will Hill for Will should have Bet Moore's the name of his podcast, check it out.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then Todd wished to have at t Wishnev, the star of the Showtime docu series Action, Accepting your college basketball inquiries as we speak.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, I'm starting to win again. Thankfully hopefully we can.
Speaker 3: Ye will.
Speaker 1: Oh you can't hold all that now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know you and I got some Uh.
Speaker 4: Well, it's funny because I bet this stuff every night, like the totals and stuff. But I've tars like diving into these teams. You know, a team I was just looking over like I was looking for a sleeper. Saint John's at forty to one is interesting, but I don't shoot free throw as well.
Speaker 2: I don't play transition D.
Speaker 4: But get Patino team at forty to one is at least intriguing.
Speaker 2: I like Michigan State and I like Michigan too, but I like Michigan State even more.
Speaker 5: I used a free bet on Michigan the other day. I think it was like thirty to one.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize they got that from Yale from the tournament last year. Wolf is it Danny Wolf?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, he's like a seven foot point card and they have like eight thousand guys shoot threes. Every single guy shoots three as well.
Speaker 4: He's a good coach. That's the that's the old Fau coach.
Speaker 2: It's me. Was on next week.
Speaker 1: Next week on this podcast, the fourteenth annual Vegas Lifestyle Podcast. You believe I've been doing this podcast for fourteen years betting dork before being in the book. So the Vegas Lifestyle.
Speaker 2: There's going to be a cutout during the show for like hotspots in Fairfield and uh, you know where to you know, meet people in Fairfield. I'm not going to say who you might meet.
Speaker 1: But wait a minute, but you you two aren't on the Vegas Lifestyle, right, you guys beg out of the Vegas Lifestyle one. No, no, no, they don't want to be on. They don't want to be on. It's a Vegas lifestyle with Meltzer like Seltzer, Mark Meltzer and Steve Fezick, who will tell you how to chintz the casinos out of every last dollar, not.
Speaker 2: Just Donald juice, anything anything that's not nailed down.
Speaker 5: What do you have the Luter gift car cards that he that he showed us the other day that he got.
Speaker 2: Ten star points. All you have to do is ten star points. If you walk in and you do this and you play that then you get fourteen points and it's very actionable.
Speaker 5: Good for him though many seriously seeing that they take advantage of us in more ways imaginable. Any anytime we can turn the tables. Good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, Maybe we'll get crack on. If Crack wants to come on and tell you how to the others. It doesn't, it'll be great. That's next week, fourteenth annual Vegas license.
Speaker 3: We need it, we need I need an update from crack on. Uh.
Speaker 5: Remember it was last year when one of his deations, his friends with the with what was that will real estate?
Speaker 4: He had some takes on real estate agents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, real estate where he had where there was a family friend and I don't know if the the kid had autism or something or yes.
Speaker 3: And the casinos took him in that wouldn't pay him or something. Need an update on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll get that from crack.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he wants to do the podcast or not, but.
Speaker 3: You'll know what talking about that, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, if not, if your crap will be on the numbering game.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, Gilly, I'll just give you like a preview, Gilly, Well, I saw you know when I saw Lady Gaga. I was so unbelievable on her, you know, and Meltzer, what do you think? Oh well she was so not the show, so not the show. By the way, we got a little feisty last year.
Speaker 4: And it was fun to listen to as a listener, But got a little feisty because I think Fez was trying to like get Meltzer, like comply with Hey, if you do this, you can get different bets, and Meltzer wanted nothing to do with you have to go back and listen.
Speaker 2: Last year I got a little oh yeah, is that strong?
Speaker 1: But is that what barti?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Was Lombardy wish the dinsic type contents?
Speaker 1: No, look I wish No, it was not part of that one that was Lombardi.
Speaker 2: Uh, bat Brown, you better remind Meltzer. Remind Meltzer to tell about the that that what's that guacam mole that that we got at that place by the ball one of those quacam is unbelievable. What were you saying? What were you saying Gil about that? Is that? Why something? Then you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because when I said, oh, it's Vegas lifestyle next week, he goes, I don't think Meltzer likes me, so yeah, now you've explained it to me. I was like, he doesn't, what are you talking about? Yeah, all right, I'm out of here.
Speaker 2: Let's go see you guys.
Speaker 1: Well done, gentlemen, Thank you guys, thanks for listening. Good luck with all your bets.
Speaker 2: Championship weekend in the National