Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Welcome to the most dramatic podcast ever. I am Chris Harrison coming to you from our home office in Austin, Texas, and I am so excited for the show today because two of my favorite people that I have ever met, much less on the show, just have ever met in my life, Sean and Catherine Lowe. Obviously I met them through the show, but have become dear friends of mine, and I am excited that they are going to join us today and joining me now from their house in Dallas, Texas. Catherine and Sean two of my favorite human beings to have ever come into my life. One of the blessings, one of the blessings of this show, I always say, one of the greatest things of this show is it brought people into my life that I never would have met otherwise, and a lot of them have become near and dear to me, and two of you are definitely on that list.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, buddy. I always say the best thing that came out of that show for me is meeting Chris Harrison. So the feeling is mutual, my friend.
Speaker 1: And the shirtless scenes, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Then the family that's secondary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Catherine and the families definitely behind me. How are you guys doing good?
Speaker 2: We are doing truly. I think people are tired of hearing us. You know, we did our I did my stint on The Bachelor this past season. I think people are definitely tired of hearing about the quote unquote success couple and oh life is so great. But I kid you, not like we wake up every day and we just look at ourselves and say, like, we are so blessed. This is such an incredible life, and it's it's crazy that it's all rooted in that kind of silly TV show where we met.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch, so I didn't see your parts, but apparently you were on a lot. And I saw something on social media that said, is Sean the Bachelor? I think he's been on this season more than Zach has. They're really hanging their hat on you, buddy, they are really hanging their head.
Speaker 2: I know. I saw a lot of funny memes. You know it. I think this it's been ten years now. I think my run is over. I think I can officially retire. Dude.
Speaker 1: You are all they have. I'm telling you, I hope you are taking them to the cleaners every time they call you. You better just be jacking up your price just every time.
Speaker 2: Well, we're working on it, but I think it's probably time for me to retire.
Speaker 1: You guys are royalty. You and Catherine should be like, send the private jet, we'll fly out the burbank. We'll do We'll do a stint on the show. I'll give my advice. I think it would. At one point, did you just zoom in or face time in?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did some face time in.
Speaker 1: Dude, you're even mailing that in. Now you're like all face time in. Hey, Bud, you're doing great. Get married.
Speaker 2: The problem is that since it's been ten years. You know, when I first came off the show, there were so many young girls that would come up and yelling and screaming, oh my goodness, Sean from the back. But now it's the people watching the show don't really know me to say, oh my mom my, mom loved you to get a picture.
Speaker 1: We have become the David Hasselhoff of the Bachelor bacherette. When people come up to me, I get the same thing. It'll be a really cute, attractive woman and she'll make my grandmother loves you. Well, send your grandmother my love. That is it's it's a little deflating, but lovely just the same.
Speaker 2: But that is.
Speaker 1: Uh. It does go to show, in all seriousness, how beloved you guys are, and that you are really the success story, especially when it comes to Bachelor's which is just not a successful franchise. When it came to us trying to create couples, and I'm curious why you think you succeeded where others failed. And I say you as the collective you you know, Catherine, obviously you're a huge part of this. Why did you guys succeed where others have failed?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, we understand why it is easy for people not to be together. It's a really challenging come off of the show. You don't have each other's numbers, you usually don't live in the same city, so pretty much everything is against you afterwards. Besides like all the fun and the actual real feelings of love, but the logistics about it are really challenging. And I think for us, we knew that we had said I love you really late because we took it super seriously and when we got engaged, we knew that that was that was actually a very It wasn't like, let's try this out. It was no, we really do plan on getting married. So with that commitment from both of us being really strong, that's what we've led with the whole time. It's just the fact that we have committed to each other. We could have dipped out, you know, before the wedding, but we really did want lives together and we've created this amazing life that we're very grateful for. But it takes a lot of work, just like any relationship, but the show adds more factors of challenge.
Speaker 2: Well, I would add to that. I would say we both are pretty grounded in the real world. We both recognized, like, this is a ridiculous way to meet your partner. But once you recognize that, you can almost put in the work to overcome some of the challenges that come your way. And not to say we mastered every challenge, because I definitely faltered along the way, but yeah, we committed to each other. Our relationship has been rooted in faith. I think that's a major component.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to say, I think there's a couple of things that really did it for you guys. First of all, and I want to circle back to this. Maybe the fact that you guys were such a slow burn on the show and you came to it so naturally, and I watched it happen where you were a little reluctant to kind of fall for this and then you did. But the fact that both of you were so grounded, and I think faith has a ton to do with that. And y'all just went back to your lives and started working on your relationship realizing that, look, this, as you said, it was a crazy way to meet, but I think we have something here. Let's actually work on this legitimately. And I know that seems so obvious, but it's not done very often. And I think your faith and the fact that both of you were aligned in that way had a lot to do with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree. And I get people, you know a lot of my friends who are in their late thirties who are like, Hey, I'm ready to get married. What does it take? How have you created a successful marriage? And I really say it really boils down to committing to that person, working on becoming better every day for that person. And I definitely haven't perfected it yet, have I? No, I'm getting close.
Speaker 1: You're so close to perfection, but it takes.
Speaker 2: So much work. And I'm not talking about people on the Bachelor. I'm talking about any relationship of course work and so many people in this day and age, it's so easy, especially with the dating apps, it's so easily to date someone. Move on to the next. Yeah you're unhappy, move on to the next. You know she's not perfect, Move on to the next. She doesn't look like a model, Move on to the next. I mean, you're just gonna be unhappy when it's all over with.
Speaker 1: When a life comes down to a screenshot that you can swipe away, Yeah, you're swiping away a human being. That's that is an issue. It really is an issue that you're not willing to dig a little deeper and look in the mirror. Yeah, exactly, you and I wanted because I want to circle back to this now. On the show, I said you guys were a slow burn, Catherine, I did not really. I wasn't really privy to your perspective because, as you know, I'm all about Sean. I'm all about the bachelor of the Bacherette and facilitating their journey and then I want them to find love. You weren't really a part of that picture for quite some time with Sean, and I don't know what it's like. I mentioned it from your perspective because there were days where I think left to his own devices early on, y'all just didn't have that connection and he may have even and sen you home, and I'm wondering what your perspective was on all that, because I've never talked to you about it.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like that's all valid because I came in knowing that I had a crush on him. I liked that he was funny, that he valued family, and that he was really attractive. So I knew going in I was probably not his type. I didn't want to go home night one, but then going there, I kind of took it as matchmaking. So like when I'm in there, I see him with Leslie, I'm like, oh, that makes sense. I understand that. So I kind of went with very little expectations on my end, and the way that it turned out, me getting like the last one on one, like the the last person to get a one on one, I think it was very natural and like a genuine way that you would out in the real world, you would be in a group date first, right, you would see a guy and be like, oh, okay, I like him, and then you go on another one. I am glad that I didn't have a very serious relationship with the beginning, because you.
Speaker 2: Crash and burn.
Speaker 3: You can't have a one on one and have these really serious talks and then go to a group date. Then you're ignored or you're you know, you're passed off to another person or for another person. I felt like it was a really good progression of us and then we got serious when we would have in a natural you know, in the a normal landscape. So I was grateful to be on that slow burn because it just felt more authentic to how I would do it in real life.
Speaker 1: That's interesting and that was and by the way, that was kind of dumb luck. It wasn't like anything the producers did. It wasn't anything that Sean specifically did. It was just something the natural progression just worked for you guys. Thank God.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, for sure. And I think because it's easy to get in your head. For the girl, it's so easy to spiral, and for me because I was like, oh yeah, he thinks I'm cute. He's keeping me because I'm funny or whatever, very small, small, small, so I wasn't getting a huge validation and then it was taken away from me. I was just happy for what I got. And some of the girls that get the one on ones early on or like really, they kind of gets a little bit screwed.
Speaker 1: I know you guys are crazy busy, but I was looking back at a picture of Sean season. I forget we were in one of the group dates, and I think is when we were in Canada and all of you were lined up. I was talking to you, and I zoomed in. I was looking at all the women that were on that season. I'm like, wow, that was like an all star you know, twenty seven Yankees lineup of the who's who of the franchise. That was like a banger season of just great individuals that maybe it was my age and y'all's age two that are like a lot of good friends of mine, and I'm sure yours as well. I know you're crazy busy with kids and everything else, But do you still keep in touch with some of the all stars from that season because it was a big season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really do.
Speaker 3: I still talk to Robin and Daniella and Leslie and I really do support everybody because I think casting did because he's such a nice guy. They genuinely wanted to cast nice girls. Yeah, I think that that's why it was. And it was right before Instagram, so I think it was a very different group of women who value different things, just priority wise, and I really enjoyed them. I really thought that we all got along at some capacity. Of course, it's a lot of girls that have different personalities, but I think we all respected each other.
Speaker 1: Who were so who Let's name some of the some of the some of the big ones that were that came out of that season, Ashley.
Speaker 3: Frazier, Sarah Herron, Sel Malamry, we have Tiera Plosi, Oh yeah, Desire Hartsock, who else?
Speaker 1: You're right, I forgot, Yeah, the des went on to be the batterer. I forgot that death came out of the seat. That was a guy. That was a big seat. That was a really big season. Yeah, and it really was that tipping point of there wasn't complete naivete. You know, everyone kind of knew what they were getting into. But you're right, social media hadn't exploded, so you were still this genuine excitement of what we were doing, and everything you were doing wasn't exploded around the world as we were accomplishing it. We got to hide in that bubble for a little bit and that made a difference. Yeah, what is life like for you guys? Now? Kids? I see on Instagram you're coaching baseball first base there. I saw you the other night. What is life like on the daily with the kids? Life, school, everything?
Speaker 3: It's pretty much very normal. We do the drop off with the kids. I forgot samuel snack, so I took a kid to drop it off and we saw him on the playground. Like it's a very idyllic life that we have and we're so grateful. We just get to walk around the neighborhood and it's pretty just routine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every day is somewhat similar. Wake up, make breakfast for the kids, getting ready for school. I'll take Samuel to school, She'll take Isaiah or me at a school. We both work from home, which a lot of cup will say, how do you do that? I would murder my partner if we work together all day long. But we've we've always done it. You do it? Well? What do y'all do?
Speaker 1: What do you what? Do you work on? What is this? What is life? What's the business life?
Speaker 2: Thank you for asking. I get this question a lot. So me and a partner. We created Home by Sean and Catherine Lowe. That's our furniture company. We created us six years ago. So that's that's my my main job, if you will. And we've been super blessed through Home and we've been able to create one of the bigger companies on Wayfair and it's it's been a lot of fun and we're we're having fun with it. So my partner, he manages the warehouse, he does all the dirty work. I get to emails and do all that fun.
Speaker 1: I feel like Sean has always been like the chandler from Friends Matthew Perry, and they're like, I've watched this show for ten years. What does he do? He's a transponsor. He's a transponsor. It's like, that's not a word.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with that. Nick humble about what he does, and he's very good at that.
Speaker 1: You're an international man of mystery. I also know you have some other side hustles investments, because you and I are involved in some of those business dealings as well. So some of that's somewhat of a loaded question because Sean and I have remained good friends and I love one of the great things. My family is up in Dallas and my kids are at TCU some up in Dallas a lot, and I tried to get together with with you guys as much as possible. Unfortunately, Catherine, I don't get to see you as much. I get to see Sean too much.
Speaker 2: I know. I think you.
Speaker 3: Guys went to a steakhouse and I missed out on that invitation, and your lovely fiance was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't miss on the invitation.
Speaker 3: I really do like Lauren.
Speaker 1: I really do, thank you, and it's a mutual love. Going back to the show, this is a trick question I should have prepared you guys for because I have something to tell you. Is there what is one thing? And this could come from both of you, could be the same thing, could be different things. What's something that I don't know that would shock me, surprise me that happened on the show that you did that you think. I bet Harrison doesn't know this.
Speaker 2: You know, it's about the last condition. What I've got one that comes to mind. I can be hilarious. No, no, no, it's not. It's not necessarily hilarious, but it's something. It's the first thing that comes to mind that Chris probably doesn't know. So I convinced Cassie, who was one of the producers on the show where she was like my right hand person. I convinced her to give me my iPad when we were going to Thailand, and I said, Cassie, I'm just going to play music. That's all I wanted for, like, I'm kind of going crazy over here. I just want to listen to my music. So she gives it to me, and of course we haven't had any technology for like the prior two months, and so I get curious. I'm in the hotel room and and I log onto the Bachelor website and I see like all the women that I had been dating and all that stuff, and I see Catherine's profile, and I'm looking at her profile and I cannot believe it because one of the questions was like, Yeah, what's what's a bucket list item of yours? She had no idea when filling this out that we were even going to Thailand was ride elephants in Thailand. So I'm reading that I'm like, wow, you know, we were in Thailand, and then it was like the following day or so, Cassie says, hey, we we were down to the two remaining women. I don't we don't care who goes on which date. One of them will be riding elephants, the other one will be some type of boat ride. Oh wow, I know who's riding the elephant.
Speaker 1: That's called the closer, that is called closing the deal.
Speaker 2: That's that's right. And I should have known at that moment that Catherine was the one for me, because immediately it's like, I just want to make Catherine happy, and I kept thinking about her and just like the big smile that this would produce. And so yeah, that's probably the one thing that you were unaware of.
Speaker 1: That And by the way, that's how we ended up ending your entire show. Was that amazing proposal there in Thailand. And then you guys got on an elephant and rode off into the sunset literally. And the funny thing about that is TV you think of like the music swelling and they get on this elephant and they ride off into Thailand. Well think about at some point that's got to end, Like they got to come back. And so, you know, because when we're shooting at it's hot, it's kind of humid, elephant's kind of stinky. There is no music, and you guys are just kind of writing on this elephant and we can't shoot it because you know, we're not going to follow you guys forever. And it just went on and on and finally someone's like, we got to turn the elephant around. We have to come back to does this But that is funny that that's how it ended, was you guys writing off into the sunset.
Speaker 2: And to your point, it was so hot and so I remember I had sweated through my suit because I had to stand in that ti heat for like two hours.
Speaker 1: It's brutal, but Eiland is one of those places where you're not sure if the heat's coming from under you, over you. It's just like you just everything is so hot and sweaty, and you're trying to make it look romantic and cute and sweet, and also you're trying to propose and it ended up being a beautiful moment the time that I know you probably didn't realize, and this was post show. Do you remember when they asked you to host the live specials, the Summer Shower remembers after Paradise, and they had kind of pitted us against each other and we never really talked much about it because you didn't have anything to do with it. It was the powers that be that were, you know, a bit of a negotiating ploy. I had just started doing Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? They were not happy about that for some reason. There was an ABC show and all that, but there was no synergy there and they didn't love the fact that I was going to go off and you know, sleep with another girl and I was doing Millionaire. And my thought was, it's a game show. It's not at all going to hurt the Bachelor series. There's nothing, you know, bad about this. But they just didn't love that I was going to go off and do something else, so to kind of send a message to me right after that, in the middle of that, and we had knockdown, drag out, blow up, the you know fights negotiations about this. They call me and they're like, no one's ever hosted, no one's ever spoken on this show other than me in however many years, and they go, hey, you know, we just feel like it's kind of two inside Baseball for you to host those after shows. Uh, so we're going to bring Sean in. And that was an absolute shot across the bow of like, hey, pal, you can be replaced at any time. We want to put you in your play. And you came in and hosted those shows for I forget how long if you did the whole season, one of those seasons, I forget what it was.
Speaker 2: You lasted one season before they asked me not to come back, And so what's funny about that. I was so naive to anything going on in the background, and all I heard was because of conflicts in his schedule, Chris can't do it, and that's why we're reaching out to you. And I was thinking about this the other day. As a matter of fact, Mike Flice was the one calling me, and we had several discussions because it wasn't an easy yes on my end. I think transparently Catherine wasn't super stoked about it, just because of the nature of that show, you know whatever. But we had conversations going back and forth, and like I remember, Mike was like, Hey, we'll do anything to get you on this, but he made it clear that you couldn't do it. Because you had scheduling conflicts, and so I had no idea that they were trying to send a message to you. But I do remember sending you a text saying something along the lines of, you know, hey, buddy, honored to do this. I just hope you know I'm not trying to step on your toes or anything. But I had no idea what was going on in the background. So that's actually very interesting for me to hear.
Speaker 1: It was that, first of all, what they told you was an absolute, absolute lie, one hundred percent not true. I was available. Of course I was available. It's you know, it was my main job and that was always first chair and millionaire came second, and they knew that and we always planned around that. So no, it was the same person is the one who called me. And that's how you know it's really different, because usually that person doesn't get involved with this type of thing, and he's like, hey, I think you know it's better for you. There's just things that you can't ask and Sean can and we can. Really so that's what they told me, which I knew was a lie as well, and it was all about I'm pissed that you're doing millionaire and I told you not to, but legally I can't stop you. So I'm going to slap you on the hand, and I'm going to bring in Sean Low and We're going to show you that we can do this show without you. That's how that whole thing played out. But again, I never had any of will towards you because I knew you had nothing to do with it. And like you said, you texted me, it was like, hey, man, just happy to come in and be a part of it and whatever. Yeah, And you know, it was kind of like when I talked to Caitlin and Tasha. You know, I was never mad at them when they came into host after I left, because they had they were just ponds in the game. It was all about power, it's all about negotiation. It's just business.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's got the last laugh because I was a terrible host and they last in one.
Speaker 1: Season well, and not to be a jerk, it ended up being one of the greatest negotiating tools that I ever had because it did not go well and because here's the thing, Well, what's not fair to you is of all the shows I hosted for the Bachelor Bacherette, that was easily the most difficult. Live TV first of all, is unbelievably hard the time of it being able to listen coming in and out. You have to hit marks, you have to hit times, and on top of that, you have to just be able to detach from that and then do interviews and listen. And so it's a very hard thing to have learned, and it took me many years to get that and to come into that show. I I and we had such a small budget, as you know, you're shooting it in a closet. It was a very hard show and it took every ounce of skill to produce and host that, And so I kind of knew the fix was in. You can't just throw somebody off the street in there and say, hey, host this live show. Good luck. It's it's just not that easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and I had I had a co host, and I'm not sure. I love Michelle to death, but I'm not sure our synergies were necessarily aligned. And yeah, it was. It was a learning experience for me for sure, but I think my hosting days are over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was that was something I knew. You know, you and I have never talked about. Was that moment when you came on, because that was the first time that I had never not hosted or was the voice of the show. And and it hurt, it like really like it hurt my pride. It hurt you know, didn't hurt my feelings because it wasn't about you. It was just like I was like, that's that was that's been my baby. But that that also helped me realize it was a job. Take your emotions out of this. You are expendable. They will sell you for four dollars if they think that they can make that money, and you know it's and that's and it's not just them, by the way, It's not just that they're bad people. It's that's any job.
Speaker 2: Will.
Speaker 1: You got to realize that if you're working for somebody else, they have a higher calling and it's that bottom line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the nature of the beast. Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, overall, I think back fondly on your season. You mentioned Cassie, who was a producer, a dear friend of ours and loved her. Do you remember that fateful night when you guys got in a wreck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, that was such a bizarre night. We were at the buccaneer in Saint Croix, and every time that The Bachelor would travel to a new destination, they would hire local help, right local people to you know, do a number of different jobs.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it was one of the cool things I always appreciated. We would go into these communities wherever we were traveling and we would hire locals a lot. We really infused a lot of money into these communities, which was cool.
Speaker 2: So I can imagine, you know, when you get tasked to work for a giant TV show like The Bachelor, and you're here, you are a young girl in this example, it's probably pretty intimidating when a producer says do this, do that? Like, oh, yes, sir, yes, ma'am. So someone would to drive us from one location at the resort to another. We didn't know that this girl, I don't even know she was of driving age, but she did not have a driver's license. And I'm sitting in the back seat and Cassie, my producer, and her husband Pete were sitting in the very back with the tailgate open. It was like a jeep Cherokee as she and this girl is kind of going fast for where we were. We're on the resort grounds and we're right next to a golf course, and she's going faster and faster, and I'm starting to think like, whoa, you know, she's driving kind of recklessly here. And then I see this hill and she starts driving even faster, and at this point we're saying, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. She drove us right into a tree, like no one had any idea what was going on. By the grace of God, no one got seriously injured. And then thinking back on it, it was a pretty steep hill. Had there not been a tree there, it probably would have been a lot worse. At least the tree brought the vehicle to a stop. But yeah, it was I remember it making news and I had to go see a doctor in the whole bit.
Speaker 1: Well, and Cassie was pregnant. Yeah, I forgot about that Cassie was pregnant with their daughter at the time. Yeah, and that we were so scared. Everybody was just like, you know, our bachelor got in a wreck. Cassie and Pete got her. It was horrifying for all of us. And that was that was again lesson learned of. We should probably have licensed skilled drivers everywhere we go, and it's just something you assume, like, Okay, you know when these locals were hired, you're this, you're this, they know the streets, they know where we're going. Let's just hire locals, and it's like, okay, you're a driver. Well, honestly, some of these places we went, it was just a job and it was like can you drive? Sure? Well she couldn't, and I think she was like using two feet and didn't know the break from the gas and plowed right into a tree.
Speaker 2: I remember her balling. She was sitting on the curb balling, and we were trying to actually console her. It's okay, everyone's fine, and that poor girl all just was crying her eyes out. Yeah. I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Luckily, one of those life lessons learned that we all walked away from We all we all survived what lies ahead for you guys as a family. Any more kids? Or are we done? Mama says we're done.
Speaker 3: We wanted five and then we had three, and we're like, okay, that was a lot. Five Five would be a lot. We could channel five, but we like, we like our little group.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you'd mixed in a few girls, you could have gone to five.
Speaker 2: Oh, I could have ten girls. It's the boys who were troubled exactly. Yeah, we hopefully you don't mind me saying this. We kind of had a scare not too long ago where it's like, maybe I'm pregnant, and uh, she did the pregnancy test and it was negative and we were both really happy. So we were like, Okay, I think we have our answer. Now we're probably done with three, so I'll probably make an ap. I'm in at the doctor sometime soon.
Speaker 1: I have that same experience where we weren't sure we had two and we weren't sure, and we had a scare in my first marriage, and as soon as we realized it was not true and we were not pregnant, we both looked at each other because you know, at first, you're like, well, if it happens, great, you know it's God's blessing, and you bet, you bet, we're all in. And as soon as it doesn't happen, we both look at each other. Are you good? Yeah, I'm really good?
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, that's our answer. God has a good way of kind of giving you those moments in life.
Speaker 2: Right. And our youngest, our youngest is now out of diapers, and once you cross that threshold, you just don't want to go back. Now such a milestone, so yeah, now's probably a good stopping point.
Speaker 1: How old are the kids?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 3: Four and three?
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, the next person in diaper, Sean is you.
Speaker 2: I know, we joke about it all the time because I actually had a number of concussions playing college football, So I'll probably be in diapers here pretty.
Speaker 1: Soon, Sean. He'll be eating his meals out of a straw and he'll be a diapers very soon. No, I always kind of grossly said that to my guess is like, next next person you know who needs their butt wiped, that's me. That's not you, guys anymore. It's good to be out of that stage. It is so great.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, life is definitely a lot easier than it was maybe a year or two ago.
Speaker 3: And now every stage is really fun. Though I loved newborn phase, but now it's really really fun because it's a little bit more free and yeah, they can communicate.
Speaker 2: It's nice.
Speaker 1: It gets better and better. Every stage is amazing. And you guys have been around my kids and then you get to college and they're just they're great. Human beings you want to hang out with. And I'm excited my son's actually coming back down here to Austin. They play Texas this weekend and lacrosse, and I'm like so pumped when he and his girlfriend come in and we have dinners and we just hang and play games. It's a wonderful stage. But I also miss little league practices, soccer wire, all those things too. I mean, the fact that that part of my life is gone is I miss that. I'm glad you guys are reveling in that.
Speaker 2: We're soaking it up. I catch myself a lot, and I don't want to sound like super sentimental dad over here, but I'll catch myself like looking at their sweet, adorable faces and just thinking this isn't going to last very much longer.
Speaker 1: They'll be shaving soon.
Speaker 2: I know it. You know. So we're definitely definitely soaking it up.
Speaker 1: But you may go get snipped soon. You mean you may have the surgery.
Speaker 2: I may. I may have to probably probably. Yeah, she's definitely fertile. It's probably the wise thing to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they know what causes that. Now you can avoid it, and uh, welcome to the club if you if you need any pointers. If you need help, let me know. I'm not going to be there with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So was I think it was Ari. I was talking to Ari Lauren, and Lauren was in the room when Ari got his besectomy.
Speaker 2: I don't think wife in there for that.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with you? Who does that?
Speaker 3: But we like them, But that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I love them, But that is such. That was such an Ari and Lauren answered like, well, it was. It was an option, and so we just did. I'm like, there is that is the last It is the most emasculating thing a guy can go through that. The last thing I want is my wife to sit there and watch me get sniff something. Yeah, and you know the nurses sitting there looking at you, Catherine. I feel like everybody's being judged in that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I won't be there. Yeah, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: That is the last thing. Well, guys, I appreciate you stepping on. Is there is there anything we should be talking about that we're not?
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's a big question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that we don't really have now We're we're kind of boring. We're just kind of boring, and I like it. We like it that we.
Speaker 2: Have a very simple yet beautiful life in our minds.
Speaker 1: In our minds.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny. We we have no desire to to be in the news, or to be on a new TV show, or to have salacious scandal of any kind. It's just we're happy with our little, beautiful lives. We know people are probably tired of hearing about us via The Bachelor or Instagram or whatever, but no, I don't think there's anything else we need to be talking about it.
Speaker 1: I bet you'll still get offers. I'm sure you still get offers all the time of like come do this show, you know, come beyond Dancing with the Stars, you know, those types of things, cooking shows or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it amazes me that, you know, ten years later, people still even remember our names or even care. Yeah. And it's funny because Instagram wasn't around back then, or it was in its infancy anyway. And so in my mind doing The Bachelor, I had I thought it would be like once in a lifetime, cool experience, travel the world. That's the end of it. So to think ten years later, you know, and obviously there's opportunities to make money and everything else, But ten years later, people are still following along with us and care about us. It's yeah, very pretty cool and humbling, and yeah, we're grateful because we also have a lot of wonderful people that offer us support anytime we're going through a hard time. And you know, we've been pretty open with stuff, like recently we had to give away our dog, and I know it's grand scheming thing, that's not a big deal, but I love that dog. Yeah, the amount of support I got was amazing. And I know social media gets a bad rap for good cause, but we've had a lot of wonderful people following us for the past ten years, and we're superprict.
Speaker 3: We love our followers. They're very, very sweet and anytime anyone comes up to us, we just know they're genuinely supportive of us. And it feels really good to have a community of people that are just uplifting you.
Speaker 1: And I feel like you guys do a great a You are both very humble and b I think y'all always do a great job of sharing and the way you share, like Sean, for example, that that story about your dog and it was it Samuel did he snap at Samuel And the fact that you had to deal with that was such a human story and it's something we can all relate to. Of you have this dog, and yeah, the dog is kind of part of our family. But at the end of the day, you're not getting rid of Samuel, and so yeah, you have to make that call. And those are real things we have to do, and it's heartbreaking and it's tough and it's not pretty. And so I think it's just you guys are so relatable because you represent us and the everyday person, and y'all have been so good about that, the way you share, and I just think it's it's one of the reasons I love you guys so much, and I know you are so beloved by so many out there.
Speaker 2: Still, Well, thank you, buddy. I've always said too, I being the Bachelor was humbling, And I don't mean that word like most people use it. I truly mean the word humble, because here you are put into the spotlight and I always thought to myself, like, I don't deserve this. I have no talent or skill of any kind. I was just a random guy who's now on the cover of these magazines, and I just felt like I don't belong here, like I am. I was raised in Irving, Texas. I don't deserve the adoration or whatever it is, the spotlight, And yeah, I think I still feel that way for the most point.
Speaker 1: By the way, don't sell yourself short. The fact that you could pop your pecks like Terry Crews, that was a skill set.
Speaker 2: Well thank you for that.
Speaker 1: They're not what they used to be, but it's still I still got it. I still go Catherine, You're one lucky lady. But guys, thank you so much. I appreciate your friendship, your love and support. And before I let you go, I want to also publicly say that when Lauren and I were going through what we went through, that you too reached out to us, were there for us, spoke to us, texted us as much as anybody, and it was heartfelt and it was out of love. And I will never forget that. And you know, I considered you a friend, but knew you were. You know, when times like that are happening, you know who's going to be in your foxhole. And the fact that you went on your own and went public with your support meant the world to me and to Lauren, And so I just wanted to publicly say I've said thank you before, but I wanted to publicly say thank you to you guys for your love and support, because it meant more than you will ever know.
Speaker 2: Thank you, buddy, That's yeah, that means the world to us. And I remember texting you one time and or maybe you had initiated the text saying thank you, and I said, you know, what kind of friend would I be if I didn't support you? And you said something along the lines of, well, you'd be surprised. I think you had a lot of friends maybe fall off or you found out they weren't white friends. But that's what friendship is all about. You support your friends no matter what.
Speaker 1: It's easy to love people when they're on top and when the money's flowing and everything's great, and you find out a lot about your true friends, family, your relationships when it all hits the fan. And I definitely did, and you guys were there. You were steadfast in that and I love you and appreciate you for it.
Speaker 2: I love you, buddy.
Speaker 3: We're here for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Catherine, Thank you. Thank you for putting up with him and in conjunction me all these years. I know you're a blessing to him, But you're a blessing to me too, And I love you, guys, and I appreciate the time. Thank you, Thank you, buddy, my thanks to Shawn and Catherine, two of the most loving, giving, humble people. As I said, I can't reiterate this enough. Were so good to me and supportive of me when they were going to get nothing but grief in return for showing that love and support. And they are so humble and that's why they are so beloved, and that they left the craziness of the show and went off and just lived their lives. And I always gave that advice of do what Ryan and Trista did, do what Sean and Catherine did in any relationship, take it to the next level of making it real and doing the work. And it has worked for them and now they have a beautiful family. But the other thing I love the most about them, it's not perfect, and they'll never pretend that it's perfect. They fail, they struggle, they have to work on it, and that to me is more indicative than anything of how humble and real they are. Is that you don't just see the glossy, beautiful times, you see the tough times as well. And I know it's relatable because we all go through them. Thank you so much to Sean and Catherine, and thank you so much for joining me. Always love being with you. I'll talk to you next time because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most Dramatic pot and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.