Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Sean Hennity Show. I'm Greg Jarrett filling in for Sean today. I'm a Fox News legal analyst and former trial attorney in San Francisco in a previous lifetime. We're going to be talking to Jason Chafitz in just a moment about the appalling number of anti Semitic attacks around the nation and the world. In the meantime, we do want to hear from you, So if you'll give us a call when I finish talking to Jason, I'll talk to you. And our number is one eight hundred and nine four one seven three two six. Give us a call at one eight hundred nine four one. Sean love to hear from you. In the meantime here in the United States, I'm sad to report, but you already know this that violence against Jews is on the rise. According to the FBI, among all religiously motivated hate crimes, the data shows almost seventy percent target Jewish people. The Anti Defamation League the ADL reports that in the three months following the start of the war in Gaza, anti Semitic incidents in the US skyrocketed by three hundred and sixty one percent. It's abated somewhat, but we still see it happening over and over again, and not just in Bondai Beach, Australia at the outset of the Hanukkah celebrations, fifteen people gunned down, others terribly wounded. But we see it in the United States still, which prompted a New York Post editorial today by the Editorial Board recounting the alarming anti Semitic attacks in just the last few days. And I'll recite those in just a moment, but I want to bring into the conversation. Jason Chafitz, former congressman, is the author of the book They're Coming for You, and Jason, thanks for being here to talk to us about it, because I find it so insane. It is really hard to believe that in this day and age we see anti Semitic attacks, and so, you know, it invites the question where did this come from? Did the Free Palestine movement, the pro Hamas movement just serve as an excuse for open expressions of Jewish hatred so that now people think, well, we have permission to voice are religious biggest bigotry and hostility towards Jews is is that what has happened.
Speaker 2: I think that's part of it. Greg, again, thanks for having me on. I I that the numbers are stunningly high. It's absolutely disgusting. It's counter to the productive, to the foundation of our nation where we could practice religious freedom. That was the whole foundation of our of our nation and I and I but if you look at it on a global scale, there have been attacks on Christians and Jews. I mean for millennia they've been going on. But the uptake is what's so scary. I think if you take the global number, you'll see that Christians actually attacks on Christians. When you start to look at Nigeria and some of the mass slaughtering that's going on there is just unfathomable. But certainly, after the attacks on Israel in October seventh, the problem that I have here in the United States, and I think this is partly what happened in Australia, is the anti Semitic chants, rants, calls for death and destruction were not met with any sort of resistance. There were no consequences for it, and there continued to be an uptick of this type of violent type of rhetoric. And so when they have these people that go out and say, oh, you know, they're they're so evil and they're so bad, and we're gonna have the impetatas from you know, from C to C. You know, it looked no further than the mayor of the incoming mayor of New York and somehow he can't denounce that. He's tried a wordsmith a little bit, but still hasn't denounced some of the other type of of efforts. And I find that this should not be a partisan issue, but it has become one because I don't see in mass the Democrats taking a firm stance saying we will not tolerate this anymore. And the consequence has been violence and more violence and death. And it's scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I covered the Secondada in the Middle East as a correspondent there, so I know what it's all about. I've seen it with my own eyes, the bloodshed. And you know, this most recent malicious chant globalize the into Fada is a call for violence against Jews. Is no other way to explain it, to rationalize it. That's what it is. It is pure hatred, born of ignorance. It's frighteningly reminiscent of Nazi Germany. And what's so troubling is that the newly elected mayor of New York City refuses to condemn the phrase. He just refuses to condemn it, which is I don't know how to describe that. But he is encouraging the hatred, the verbal attacks and the physical attacks, isn't he.
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 2: But the only thing I maybe would disagree, I would and maybe I would.
Speaker 1: Go ahead disagree with me what you.
Speaker 2: Said is that it's born of ignorance. I think it's on purpose. I don't think it's born of ignorance. I think there are too many people that believe that this is what has to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you may be right, And I.
Speaker 2: Don't think it's ignorance. I think I think there's a lot of ignorance in religious It's funny to me because there's so many people who preach tolerance, and yet they're the least tolerance among us, right, So there are clearly a lot of people that are naive and and and and so focused and that they can't see the rest of you know, the world, but you know the foundation of our nation, it's well and and what we're taught in Christianity you know, I happen to believe in Jesus Christ, and I you know, I'm considered myself a Christian and and but you know, love thy neighbor and and but our foundation of our nation was based on religious tolerance. That's a large part with the First Amendment. It's all about And so you can't. I just think there's too many people calling for this type of violence and calling for this type of resistance. And and when you start calling people hitler, then you tell people, oh, then you have permission to to take them out. What would you do if you got a chance to meet Hiller? Would you do? Would you what would you do? Well, you'd kill them? Right. So, but that's so weird. I can't even say because then they attacked Jews, right like it just circularly doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mentioned a moment ago that you know, the New York Post editorial board was trying to make the point, I think in their editorial today, and it's a good one and people should read it online that it's not just Australia where this is happening still, No, it is right here in New York City. And they recite an alarming number of anti Semitic attacks in just the last few days. I'll give you a rundown on the West Village. A Jewish woman targeted with profane slurs, being taunted, We're going to get rid of you effing Zionists. Over in Brooklyn, Hanukkah celebrants denounced as effing Jews. One Jewish man grabbed by the throat and throat with death. In Crown Heights, an assailant shouted anti Semitic remarks it passers by and then stabbed one in the chest. And the post makes the point these were attacks that were caught on camera. How many others were not captured on videotape? And and and how many go unreported. It's pretty frightening, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It is in the incoming mayor can't seem to, you know, get his arms around the idea. You know, I worried that in party was elected because he was on the wrong side of this issue. And then you see what's playing out. You know, the mit professor, Yeah, he's Jewish. So I mean, is that just were we supposed to believe that's just a mere coincidence. There's too much of this going on. But you know what, happened on Austray was so that and deadly and terrorizing, and there are too many that want to call this terrorism, that want to create this type of tear, terror and fear. And look at what happened in New York with the college campuses and they The problem is you don't have leaders up and down both sides of the aisle denouncing this. You see it on one side but not the other, and that I think is a clear, clear pattern. Chuck Schumer should be leading the charge for the Democrats. He is the natural one to do this, and he's almost silent. He'll put out some statements, but he has not shown any leadership on this issue. And he just kind of scared with the tail between his legs, just not willing to really go to the mat and say this is it. You can you have stepped over the line. We are not going to talk. You don't see that from him. And yet being from New York, given his religious background, you'd think he'd lead out.
Speaker 3: But no, No.
Speaker 1: It speaks volumes of where Democrats are on this issue. And it's not just you know in New York with Chuck Schumer And'mdani, you know, out in southern California, where I grew up. The FBI foiled what the Attorney General described as a massive and horrific terror plot by an extremist group planning a series of bombings in Orange County and Los Angeles. According to you know, Pambody, it was a plot by a far left pro Palestine, anti capitalist group. But what jumps out at you is the pro Palestine, which is likely pro Hamas poor people were arrested. But again the common denominator, Jason is the individuals appear to have been motivated in part at least by anti Semitism of the clause of Palestinians and using in fact the methods of a moss which is terror bombings, which I saw, you know, myself with blood on my boots in Israel during the second into Fauda.
Speaker 2: Can I just make you're right that plot that was spoiled in southern California, bombs that we're going to go off at distribution centers on New Year's Eve? Well done the law enforcement. I did a little side note here. This has really bothered me. I'm glad to have an opportunity to say this. Every single law enforcement from the city to the county to the state to the FBI. They all stood up and said it was all because of cooperation. We were able to foil this cooperation cooper every one of them said cooperation. Oh, it was great. They're patting each other on the back. But you know when they don't cooperate if ice is involved, somehow, the sheriff can stand up and say, we had great cooperation, but if somebody's here illegal and they have somebody who's wanted for, you know, some heinous crime, they won't cooperate with a fed to tell them they haven't atention. And yeah, cooperation works. See how good it works, But we just don't practice it here in California or any of these other sanctuary cities and states the counties. It just it really makes me mad because how many other crimes and accid terrorism could we have prevented if there was actually true cooperation. But there's not. It was just lip service and it made me mad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm glad you told us so. Jason. Good talking to you. As always, Jason chaf hits everybody, and be sure to get his book. They're coming for you. It's a real eye opener. Jason. Take care, Happy holidays, Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Speaker 3: Very Christmas.
Speaker 2: Thanks Greg.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're gonna pause, take a quick break. We've got some callers on the other side. If you haven't called us yet, please do now. The number is one eight hundred nine four one seventy three twenty six. We have a full half hour of your phone calls coming up. One eight hundred and nine to four to one. Sean. I'm Greg Jarrett, filling in for Sean Hannity. Welcome back to the Sean Hannity Show. One of the topics we've been discussing today was potential indictments against those who waged lawfare against Donald Trump. And I'll give you one example, the rad on mar Lago. It was a shocking abuse of the law, and newly disclosed FBI documents prove it. There was no probable cause, as the law demands, because Trump had done nothing illegal. The Records Act is the controlling statute, and it gives a former president custody and possession of presidential records, and if the National Archives wants them, they go to court. The exclusive remedy is civil, it's not criminal. The government's only recourse is to file a to compel before a federal judge. What you cannot do is conjure up imaginary crimes and then shop it around to an anti Trump magistrate to sign off on a baseless search warrant. Now we know that Garland didn't care about the law. He and his confederates weaponized it to bring a meritless case against Trump to stop him from his reelection bid. In twenty twenty four, more of your phone calls on the other side. One eight hundred and ninety four to one seven three two six, give us a call. Welcome back to the Sean Hennity Show. I'm Greg Jarrett, filling in for Sean and it's been a pleasure. I'll be back tomorrow, by the way, three o'clock to six p m. Eastern time. I hope you'll join us then, got a great lineup of guests. In the meantime, it's time for your calls and your questions, your comments, and give us a call if you haven't already. One eight hundred and nine four one seven three two six. That's one eight hundred and nine four one Sean. All right, let's go to Will in Michigan, who's been standing by for a while. Will thanks for your patient. How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm driving my eighty thousand pounds and a half flight slaughter, My SEMMI it's eighty thousand pounds flight slaughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I have better you than me driving that thing.
Speaker 5: There easier than they look. But anyways, I have a question on the vetting process and the getting the cabinet set up for the president and why it's not done between the time the Electoral College does their voting and the time that he's sworn in. He got like two or three months there that they could be vetting the candidates that he wants as his cabinet and have them sworn in. And when Hea swears in, his cabinet's in his office and they're getting the ball rolled right away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to wait what.
Speaker 5: Six eight ten months before he finally got his whole cabinet. I don't even know if he still has his whole Yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: Got his whole cabinet in there, and you know, some of them were approved quickly, some took a little extra time. There's really only a month between the Electoral College in December and January twentieth, when the president is they have sworn in on inauguration day, and you know the practice is because there are new senators who take office in January and you know, join various committees, including Judiciary, and you know it has to go through committee first with hearings and so, and you got to wait for the newcomers to arrive, if there are any. I think the real problem is not so much of the cabinet, but you know other positions that are incredibly important, and that comes down to blue slips. And I talked about it before a couple of hours ago, but you know, blue slips are totally crooked. It refers to a US Senate tradition that began in nineteen seventeen, believe it or not, where home state senators get to approve or disapprove of presidential nominees for federal judgeships, US attorneys and it effectively gives you know, those home state senators veto power over the president's choice, you know, and they can block and have blocked important appointments, leading inevitably to a conflict, particularly with President Trump, who wants ended and he's absolutely right about it. A withheld or negative blue slip blocks a nominee from moving forward, and it gives minority party senators leverage that they are not entitled to under the constitutions and the appointment power of the President of the United States. It's a tradition that was wrong when it started in nineteen seventy it's wrong today, and it's high time that the Senate vote out the blue slips. But Will thanks for your question. It was a good one. Aaron joins us from Arizona, and I imagine it's a lot warmer in Arizona right now than it is here in Chile. New York City. Aaron, how are you.
Speaker 6: Good? How are you doing great?
Speaker 2: Fine?
Speaker 6: Actually seventy three out here right now. I didn't wanted to say. I think the American people are ready.
Speaker 7: Some people need to be held accountable for all this corruption and everything's going on. You know, the FBI were supposed to be investigating, and I'm sorry that you know, Dan Bongngino is going to be leaving and everything.
Speaker 6: But it's it's sickening. It's hardening to keep seeing people they got, you got them dead to right, and they're not going to do anything for the crimes and the fleecing and the corruption against the American people. They're just let off Scott for you know, oops, it's over with, thank you, And then it just continues on and continues on and continues on. It's getting really old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. And it does not instill much faith in our criminal justice system because you know, it's abundantly clear that this long running, corrupt, last crusade against Trump and in fact anybody connected with him. You know, I think now finally it is the subject of a criminal investigation by the FBI, the Department of Justice, and the US Attorneys and maybe we will see some indictments. I hope, so there should be. And you know, it incorporates all the way back to twenty and sixteen in the Russia hoax, which was code named Crossfire Hurricane, and it's stretched on for years to the more recent targeting of Republicans by the Biden administration code named Arctic Frost. Then why don't they always have these stupid code nemes, like you know, I mean, it's just dumb, and you know, among other things, they you know, they seized surreptitiously the data of more than four hundred Republicans, including US senators, members of the House. They were all victimized by the FBI and the DOJ. Their phone records were seized without notice to the members of Congress, and the law requires they be put on notice. And Judge James Bosberg, a notorious federal district judge in Washington, DC, was behind a lot of the seizures and the gag orders associated you can't tell them even though the law says you must tell them that you're seizing their phone records. I mean, this was a shocking abuse of power. And as I said at the top of the first hour, it's a crime deprivation of constitutional rights under color of law. And thankfully this is now the focus of an intensive investigation in Florida. John Solomon joined me in the first hour and said, it's a grand jury convened beginning January second in Fort Pierce and they're going to be looking at an ongoing criminal conspiracy that deprived Trump and others of constitutional rights, which again is a crime punishable by up to ten years behind bars for each illegal act. And I hope charges are brought. They should be. Our next caller joins us from California. Diane, are you there, It's Greg Jared and where are you in California.
Speaker 3: I'm in Santa Cruz.
Speaker 1: Ah, beautiful Santa Cruz.
Speaker 3: I know it's endless summer here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's nice to hear if you're there. What's your question or.
Speaker 3: Comment, Diane, I have a comment about concerning the recent university shooting. I think that the gun free zone idea should be shelved, and I think that we should arm all teachers and staff with non lethal firearms and make it known that the staff carries non lethal firearms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's my question. And I'm not arguing with you because I actually agree. But opponents of that say that teachers. What happens if teachers who are armed make a miscalculation or misunderstand a situation, and god forbid, you know a student, a child is killed? How do you get around that argument? And if I like your argument, I'll steal it.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, there's always a worst case scenario. I mean, I don't know that you can rule out every possibility. And I think it's an American to take our weapons from us. I think it's unconstitutional. And I've always thought that the more people that were prepared to defend, the better. I even used to say I thought that when you got on an airplane that everyone should be required some sort of self defense, right, that would be a great deterrence. So I think the deterrent part outweighs this the worst case scenario in these situations, you know, at the.
Speaker 1: Height of airplane hijackings, and particularly after you know, nine to eleven in the plane flown into the World Trade Center, you know, the Pentagon and so forth, Federal marshals armed were on board a lot of flights across America. So if you can do that, then to your argument, Diane, why not schools as well?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm I might reveal my age, but when I was in grade school, we used to our class used to take regular trips to the gun range.
Speaker 1: Really, where did you grow up?
Speaker 3: I grew up in Portland, believe it or not.
Speaker 1: Wow, things have changed in Portland.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Well it's always been a looney bin. But it's but for some reason, that was a thing, and it went away shortly after I got into high school. But I just think that the that we've gotten away from, you know, we need to take it. It's prophylactic, right, we can be prepared, you know. And wasn't it a deterrent in World War Two to the Japanese that that we were a nation of of militia. I mean, I think it's a deterrence and I think it's un American to not even consider that it's it's constitutional right. And so I don't know. I don't know what the legal ramifications are. So you probably know better than I do.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the Supreme Court has weighed in on gun free zones and their justification around schools and and so forth. But it may be something that they really need to revisit in you know, our age of rage and violence. Diane, you're in Santa Cruz, which is largely pardon.
Speaker 3: Me, I'm a fish out of water here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, you probably have no friends.
Speaker 3: We call it the left coast. You do have to keep your mouth shut. You can't say much. I did offend somebody today when they said they went to an office meeting and they had to rebuild their pronouns, and I said, oh, well, I threw away my list of pronouns when Trump got into.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you got a rather nasty look in return.
Speaker 3: All the way around, I got the site.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Diane, thank you very much for giving me a call. I appreciate it. Fun talking to you going to San Antonio. Now Bob is standing by. Hi, Bob, how are you doing good?
Speaker 4: Rick, Thanks for taking my call. Sure, I want to talk about Joe Biden. And now there's a double standard when he he was caught with all this classified information in three different locations, and the Democrats ran interference for him so he would not get prosecuted. And they are constantly lecturing America that nobody is above the law, unless, of course, you're a Democrat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 1: Had no immunity or declassification authority, so he had no excuse because he was doing it when he was vice president. In fact, some of the documents that were classified came from when he was the United States Senator before he was vice president. So we talk about a violation of the Espionage Act, and yet they treated him with kid gloves and then in the end, you know, the Special Council. So we're not going to prosecute him basically because he's too old and senile, but he's perfectly okay to be president of the United States. You got to love that rationale. Good point, Bob of Sandy an Tonio. Thanks for giving us a call. We're gonna take a quick break. I'll be right back with more of The Sean Hennity Show. I'm Greg Jarret. Welcome back to the Sean Hennity Show. I want to tell you about tomorrow. We're almost finished here. We've got a great lineup of guests. For example, Peter Schweitzer will be joining us. He wrote the book on Clinton corruption called Clinton Cash, and it comes on the heel of newly to classified documents that expose how the FBI's investigation of Hillary Clinton and her Clinton Foundation was shut down by Barack Obama's Department of Justice and those in the White House. Also joining us Mike Davis. We'll talk to him about whether criminal charges will be brought against those who waged a relentless lawfare campaign against Donald Trump. Please join me tomorrow on The Sean Hennity Show. For now, I'm Greg Jared