Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This he's Talking Cowboys, raining live from.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Second, let's got ten.
Speaker 1: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the SWBC studios. Give us a call right now. We're gonna take double digit phone calls today.
Speaker 5: I'm calling it. We're getting the ten.
Speaker 4: We're getting the ten.
Speaker 5: At least that wouldn't be the record though. Now what is the talking record? Did you look at up?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: The talking record?
Speaker 7: Or no?
Speaker 5: What's the record?
Speaker 4: I have the storyline record fifteen or sixteen. There's no way we're going to get the not at all.
Speaker 2: Our fans are too good or too good, Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rides, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 5: I'm Kyle Yeoman Joker.
Speaker 4: Oh Pat, Pat?
Speaker 7: Pat?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 5: What are we going to do with you?
Speaker 7: Hey? You know? Okay?
Speaker 5: Why are you out here? Rupturing tendons and whatnot.
Speaker 7: Not ruptured. Oh just torn, sorry, just torn. Rupture.
Speaker 5: Rupture would be even worse. So you did not require surgery.
Speaker 7: I did not not yet.
Speaker 4: Now I'm going to go on to ie.
Speaker 7: I'm limited. I am not going to I R. I'm gonna I'm gonna work through away.
Speaker 5: He's questionable going to the area.
Speaker 7: I'm questionable going into each week and two further, day to day. Baby today, baby.
Speaker 5: Now I'm going to ask what all of Cowboys Nation is thinking right now? What the hell did you do?
Speaker 7: And what the hell did do?
Speaker 5: How did you rupture tear your tendon?
Speaker 7: All right? So, uh, powers of deduction. The only way it could have happened is I was I was on a baseball field and I was making a throw from the fence to home plate. So I was shooting four. Right after I made that throw, effect something weak twinge in the elbow. Now, it's not the first time that's happened, so I'm thinking, Okay, just a little strain or whatever. Given a week or so, ice rest, sam anti inflammatories, it'll be good as new. But I actually did not give it a week because two days later I was back.
Speaker 5: On the base I was in the gym.
Speaker 7: I was in the gym and I was doing up for bodywork. I was lifting. I got to like the third set of some hammer curls, and it just felt like somebody shot me in elbow, like just bang. And I was like, yeah, that's that's not great. So me being me and for those of us that have been athletes and our athletes, you know, you procrastinate getting the news. Okay, So I let it.
Speaker 5: So this was three years ago.
Speaker 7: This damn here right, So they slept. This happened four weeks ago. So three weeks subsequent to that, I just kept holding out hope. I even I took a two week hiatus from the gym, came off the field. Well the season was over anyway as far as ball was concerned. Sure, So gave it like two or three weeks and just no progress at all. So I started to get concerned. Went to see an orthopedic surgeon on yesterday afternoon, ran some skins, came back in and he was like, so young got some good news and some bad news. Which do you want first? I was like, give me the good news. He was like, oh, so you.
Speaker 5: Go good news for good news instead of bad news.
Speaker 7: I am a sociopath. I want the good news first.
Speaker 5: Well, yesterday you decided to go bad news first.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's because I'm you know, teamwork, right, I know you guys like at the end verse, so you know. So he gave me the good news. He was like, it's not fully torn, not fully ruptured, so we don't need to talk about surgery right now. But he was like, it is partially torn, moderately partially torn. So they put me on the plan. I have you know, physical therapy for the three times a week for the next eight weeks. After being the slang for several hours of day, I got to brace on under the slang as well. So it's fine. Everything's finn. Yeah, Murphy's law with this season, like even the reporters are going downs.
Speaker 5: Don't say that because I've got a lot going on. The next couple man, protect yourself, protect you.
Speaker 7: So so yeah, we got to They have me on a ninety day plan, so follow up after ninety days and then if we see some progress or a good bit progress, good bit of progress, then you know, we'll just stick to the plan. But if it's not improving, then comes the surgery conversations.
Speaker 5: But we are not going with us now, Well, yeah, I hope for the best there.
Speaker 4: You'll do what you need to do.
Speaker 7: I've had worse. I mean when you're an athlete your whole life, you know, and everyone who's been an athlete their whole life or most of their life, you've had You've had some bangers.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised this wasn't from your drill with Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 5: That's what it actually was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it would have been Jordan's Yeah, sit it, I'm gonna say it. I'm going to say it. I'm not going to see it. Yeah, I'm not gonna say I'm not going to say it. But no, Yeah, So it's fun. It's fun, everything's fun.
Speaker 5: Everything's good.
Speaker 9: Everything.
Speaker 5: You'll be all right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know you'll have had much worse. This is not a big deal.
Speaker 5: All right, here we go. We've got some callers lined up already.
Speaker 7: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go into our first caller. So we're going to ten guys. Ten callers.
Speaker 5: That means if you are gonna call, you've got a great shot to be on the show.
Speaker 10: One.
Speaker 2: That's the number one thing to take in consideration here. Secondly, be quick, get in get out. We're we're gonna try and set a record. Here we go start with right now. It is time to go to Dano in Florida. Dano, you're a talking Cowboys. Nobody better to get us kicked off here on this talking Tuesday. What's going on?
Speaker 8: How are you doing? No, Sea's got that bad wing. Hope he gets better soon.
Speaker 7: You appreciate that much love, much love.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, you know, I watched the big boys up front, and I'm somewhat fortunate I get to bounce some of my football stuff off my old college coaches down here. And he also coached with the Cowboys for eighteen years, so he kind of knows what he's talking about too. You know, at the beginning of the year, I was railing on Taron Steele, just railing on him. Last couple of games, he has played exceptionally well. I think, Okay, to me, I don't know. You know, I used to sit there and say his feater and cement run blocking, he's pretty darn good. He's gotten better in past blocking. You know. The offensive line coach, you know, they always said the game passed by Landry, the game passed by Nolan, the game passed by certain coaches. I know he coached with Landry. I'm wondering if the game has passed by him because I you know, why did it take so long to maybe coach steal up will say? That's my opinion Defensively, I got to be honest. I've always liked Osa, Mozzie Smith seems like he's coming around. Chauncey Goldstein to me, is an unsung hero almost. I mean he's solid. Okay, he's very solid. So you know, whether I don't know what's going to happen this year and if the owner, general manager, player personnel guy can do some things in the off season. It's not like this is a huge rebuild at all. I don't believe that. I like what I see from Brock Kaufman. What I like most about him because he brings that nasty attitude and that's going to rub off on some other guys and that's not bad. That's my opinion there. That's what I got to say. I know you said keep it quick. That's what I'm gonna do again. I just think I think I like McCarthy a lot. I hope he comes back. I hope he's brought back. I would go find you know what, I'd have Mark Lumbo on speed dial. That's what I would do. So with that being said, guys, good to talk to you. You guys have a great week.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Dano as always a couple points there. I'll start with Terrence Steele. I absolutely agree. He's been fantastic last two weeks. And I know on this show we were very critical of Terrence Steele at the beginning of the year, and for good reason. Six pressures against New Orleans, five pressures against Detroit, four pressures against San Francisco, four against both Philadelphia and Houston. But the last two weeks combined, gentlemen to him, he's had one pressure in each game. He had one pressure or one hurry against Washington, one QB hit against New York, and that's what's all they've got. So he's been fantastic. In the film backs it up as well. He's helped run game. He's actually been pretty good in the run game throughout the years. That's not necessarily a huge change. It's been the pass blocking that's been his big bugaboo, and that's not the case over the last two weeks. So at least we're seeing some things in.
Speaker 4: The right direction. Thankful for that because his Terrence Steele is actually playing like the player you paid for, right, And I don't mean that in a derogatory way, true though, when you look at how he was playing before his injury the year before last, that's the reason why he was starting, that's why he got paid. You didn't see that last year and a big part of it. And when we talked to Nate about it, I was talking about this boy's coming back from a crazy injury, a catastrophic injury in the middle of the season. For him to start that next season game one was a long shot, and he did it. He didn't play well last season at all by any means, you know, throughout the course of the year, but you're starting to see that comeback the reason why you paid him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly with Daniel. First of all, that had its fire. My god, my word inspire change. But it's funny that Daniel brings this up and we are, like mine's on the same wavelength. Here driving in prior to Jerry's spot on the one O five three the fan, I was just kind of going through my head sitting at the red light, and I was thinking of guys who have taken steps forward over the course of the season, and one of the headliners for me was Terrence Steele. So I love that Danil brings this up because in the in past pro like you said, Kyle, he has absolutely stepped it up one hundred. But although he was solid in his run game, not but but And although he was solid in his run game, what he's doing now is even leveled up. If you go back and you look at that Rico Dwo touchdown against New York Giants, he was escorted into the end zone by Terrence Steele, who wald off one guy, got him out of the way, and then went to the second level and knocked another guy out of the way. It was a police escort basically. So yes, absolutely, Terrence Steele shouts out to him. He has caught a lot of flak this season, caught a lot more flak last season, keeping in mind he was coming off of that torn acl he needed some time. You would have liked to see him start this year the way he's playing right now, But the fact he is playing this way right now votes well for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: I want to see it more. I want to see more. I've seen it in two straight games, Kobe Bryant, gift more, more, more more I needed for the next five games.
Speaker 2: If you can string it together and you've got seven straight games of legitimate contribute or contributions, I feel really really good about Terrence still going into next year.
Speaker 4: And one more really quick point on this call. Really appreciate the call. Chauncey Golston is a name that you battle, and I want to if you've been listening to talking, you understand. But whenever Mike Parsons went down, whenever Marcus Lawrence went down, whenever uh Marshall Neilan went down, everybody else was looking outside. Everyone else was saying, all right, who's out there on the free agency market?
Speaker 5: Go get this name.
Speaker 4: Let's go get this name. Patrick no C. Walker. I'll give him his flowers today. But he was one of the few on on any podcast platform that looked internally and said, Chauncey, Chauncey Golston, Good for you, Pat, Good for you.
Speaker 5: Pat. Appreciate even with a bat wing you're out here making great points.
Speaker 7: Let me too.
Speaker 5: But I'm not out all right, Let's go to Cynthia and Laredo.
Speaker 2: Cynthia what's going on talking cowboys?
Speaker 3: Hi guys, good morning Thanksgiving.
Speaker 11: I actually I live in Converse and I went down to Laredo for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've just got you known and tabbed as Cynthia from Laredo. So so that's incorrect. Now we should change that.
Speaker 7: No, she still eats good in Laredo, that's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 6: Hey Coyle, I forgot to tell you before.
Speaker 10: I'm a Mean Green graduate. What go?
Speaker 7: I knew why?
Speaker 5: I like you, Cynthia go mean Green.
Speaker 3: Let's go what class nineteen eighty?
Speaker 9: We were MTSU back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, North Texas State University Eagles. Now you're in the North Texas Mean Green love it class baby woo.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I thought I throw in there guys real quick.
Speaker 6: I know you have a lot of collars coming in.
Speaker 11: There's something that I've been wandering a lot, like.
Speaker 1: What do you attribute to our cowboys getting hurt so much?
Speaker 13: Is it preak? Is it the done? I just kind of like, what the heck is going on with the cowboys.
Speaker 3: Uh So I'll just do.
Speaker 11: It there And I wish you guys a great day. And Patrick, I'll be praying for you.
Speaker 5: Thank you Donald, You're the sweetest since Cynthia. A great question. Is it just luck of the draw?
Speaker 7: I mean, am I supposed to answer this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough, Josh doesn't.
Speaker 7: It's tough. That's what protect yourselves. Protect yourselfs fellas, No, I honestly think, man, it's because the Cowboys have a phenomenal training staff. So that's that's not the crux of the issue. It's like I said several times, it's just Murphy's law. At this point, it's nothing because this is the same preparation they were doing last season and the season prior and the season prior. As far as the McCarthy era, I know that Jason Garrett era had a couple of seasons that were similar to this, but not even this bad. But if you look at just the McCarthy era since he came in in twenty twenty, there's been nothing like this as far as being ravaged by injury. Week after a week, headline name, headline name, headline name, Hey, next man up, you're going down to with the injury. Talking about Josh Butler, you lose him for the season with a torn acl and he's a perfect example of what I mean as it feels like no one on the roster it's safe. Dak Prescott obviously franchise quarterback, he signs his big deal, you get him for a few weeks, and then he's done for the season with that torn that ruptured hamstring more or less. So I don't think that there's any rhyme or reason to it at all. It is quite simply just bad run of luck and it doesn't seem to be turning around at any point. So but you know that makes me give that much more that many more roses or bouquets of roses. Two players like Chauncey Ghosten and some of these other guys Carl Lawston who have come in and stepped up and been able to show things. So yeah, it's a league of a opportunity. And sometimes the opportunity that you get presented is not because something you know good came for the guy, but when it happens.
Speaker 4: When it rains, it pours, and I don't think the narrative has so yeah, I don't think the narrative necessarily has been that way. If you look at the forty I mean, right now, good morning football, it is just going to bring that up. We're looking at the forty nine ers, who just placed Christian McCaffrey, Jordan Mason and I are the narrative all season has been the forty nine Ers have been ravaged by injuries all season, not necessarily take and Cowboys have been in public enemy number one because of how poorly they've played, especially early on in the season. Are we getting that grace though of our star players going down.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, I don't know if their situation. I don't think our situation is worse than THEIRS. I think THEIRS is probably the worst in the NFL across the board. They are ravaged.
Speaker 5: But if there's any close second place, it's this team.
Speaker 4: And you could argue they've had more success, especially in the playoffs. You could argue that they're the better team, which is why you're not going to get comparatively, and they did more in the off season. Two Yeah, whereas the Cowboys have been sort of a I don't want to say a meme, but like they've.
Speaker 5: Been, they've been a punching bag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've been a punching bag. For the lack of moves this off season, Brandon, A lot of those were pretty decent.
Speaker 2: So who has the longer Super Bowl drought a San Francisco correct, just so.
Speaker 7: You know, But the narrative isn't going to change in Dallas and too. Dallas changes the narrative, and then a new narrative will problem and then it'll pop up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Josh and Chicago, you were on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: What's going on? Josh?
Speaker 14: Look, hey, guys, what I want to say just listening about the injuries is, Man, I hope we can get trade on bigs back this weekend. I want that that cornerback servers three headed dog out there.
Speaker 4: Man, for the first time since like week five last, the.
Speaker 5: First time as starters is like periods.
Speaker 7: That's true Cincinnati's offense.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we could really use all three of those guys out there. Got no Hey and Chase, no.
Speaker 5: Doubt, no doubt. What's on your mind? O?
Speaker 14: That's it, guys?
Speaker 15: Yeah, quick, I want to hit that record.
Speaker 4: Josh and Chicago.
Speaker 5: That's my guy.
Speaker 2: He's gonna help us get into the first break when we come back. Give us a call eight A eight eight five five two two nine seven. We go to Neby when we come back. Right after this with more Talking Cowboys. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back. You need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee. Today, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah savans. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster then this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour.
Speaker 16: But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 17: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 4: See add dot com slash five g for you fifty.
Speaker 2: Dis It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 5: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 2: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 18: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love to you blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't.
Speaker 4: Be beat better.
Speaker 18: Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor pepper for everyone.
Speaker 4: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This portion of the show is brought to you by a Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Oats, trusted since eighteen seventy seven.
Speaker 5: Scan that what quake ar code. It's right here, buddy, that's right.
Speaker 4: Next to buy your oats on the internet.
Speaker 2: Bang bang, All right, let's go to Nebby and Maryland. This is caller number four of the day.
Speaker 5: Nebby. What's going on?
Speaker 12: Hi, guys, Thank you so much for taking my call, and happy holiday to everyone. All right, listen, I have a comment and then I have a question. My comment is I agree with what you guys said yesterday. We cannot afford to get into a shootout with the Cincinnati Bengal we Uh. What we have to do in order to win is we have to control the clot We have to score touchdowns uh, and we have to keep uh. We have to keep uh uh Joe Burrow and the potent Cincinnati Bengal offense off the field. If we can do all that, uh, we can get a win. On Monday Night Football this coming Monday, And my question is what grade would you give Cooper BB so far this season? Considering that prior to this year he had never played center because he never played center in college and he obviously made the adjustment to playing our center, how do you think he's playing as a rookie center in the National Football League? And just so you know, so far, I would give Cooper BB a B plus because, yeah, he's had some rocky points without question, but for the most part, I think he's played really really well. So uh So. All that said, I give Cooper BB a B plus for his play uh so far this season? What grade would you guys? Uh? I give him? I take care, thank you so much for being patient with me, and have a great week.
Speaker 5: You appreciate you, man, great question. I give him a B plus too. That was exactly the great I was where I was going.
Speaker 2: Again, you take it all into consideration. The way that he's played up front solid? Is it perfect?
Speaker 5: No? No, it's not, but solid.
Speaker 4: What game would you say was his worst graded past block grade? I want you to guess.
Speaker 2: I want you to guess, yes, okay, going to it might really was it that week? Four Giants game.
Speaker 4: No, it's actually pretty decent. It's great. It was a sixty eight for that one.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, actually not that bad. This is oh man, this is tough. I'm gonna hurry it along, all right, go for it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the lowest graded game that he's had so far this season Week ten against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that's not super shocking, not super shocking.
Speaker 5: No, that's Philly, so Philly's front.
Speaker 4: Baltimore, he was a sixty six. It was a bad game. Yeah, but Baltimore's front isn't like, isn't scary scary?
Speaker 7: Not scary scary.
Speaker 4: Atlanta his greade was a thirty five.
Speaker 5: I'd agree that would have been shocked. Yeah, that I would have been shocked.
Speaker 4: Shocked at thirty five against the Falcons, who didn't have a crazy intense defensive line. Now let me, I'm gonna give him a bee so far. Okay, I think he's met fair, I think he's met and sometimes has exceeded expectation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like, I'm gonna be plus with it. That's what I was thinking right before Nebs told us what he's great was. So he nailed it, nailed it. With a B plus for me, I.
Speaker 5: Think I give i'm a little extra sprinkle because of the position change.
Speaker 7: And that's what I mean.
Speaker 5: If he was a center in college, I would Okay, bb I do.
Speaker 7: I was waiting.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Carry in South Carolina, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, this is Larry. Look lifelong Cowboys. Been watching this and you got the last two years. I love no season of breakdown like Isaiah's breakdown, Like oh you guys, will y'all talk about the game and uh like following them with y'all on Twitter, keeping up with all the news and notes that you can't and get the real stuff, not like you get on the television for the people.
Speaker 4: Actually good morning football, all.
Speaker 6: Right, exactly exactly. I love you guys that I'm gonna be at Charlotte Panthers. I hope to see you guys.
Speaker 7: Get loud.
Speaker 6: There you go, all right, we are right, we will don't worry.
Speaker 15: All right.
Speaker 6: Uh, thank y'all for the show, and I'll let you get some more callers, and thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it. There you go, Larry in South Carolina. Appreciate you man.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, out there Carolina.
Speaker 5: Larry in South Carolina. He said he's going to the Panthers game.
Speaker 4: Let's say Carolina, that'slin.
Speaker 5: To two nine seven.
Speaker 2: We're sitting at five collars now five, so we're halfway to our goal of ten. We got a long way to go if we're going to break this record. We got eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. The lines are open right now.
Speaker 4: So A T L K C B Y S.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 2: We're got to be the only one that uses it like that, and I feel like we're the show that needs to use it like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it's talk cowboys.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's not break cowboys or cowboys break.
Speaker 4: Nope, No, it's not even storyline.
Speaker 5: And we're not just hanging no, hanging with the boys.
Speaker 4: Certainly not girls talking about boys now, not at all. We're not players. Lounge hair is still luxurious, though, So.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 7: That's factors.
Speaker 2: While we're waiting for this line to open eight eight eight eight five five two two ninety seven, we're waiting for this next caller. As soon as I get the text message, I'm going to cut you guys off. But the one thing that we didn't get to touch on a little bit earlier was Mozzi Smith again getting to I asked coach yesterday what his what his evaluation was of Mozzi. He said, he continues to do the little things right, which is something you didn't hear about Mozzi previously. I'm excited about that. I'm excited about it. I know it's just the little things and he's stacking good games on one on top of the other.
Speaker 5: But and even Jerry talked about it this morning.
Speaker 2: They use the Bill Parcells where you Tom Tom Landry, where you can't grade a defensive lineman until your three, can't give up on a guy until your three were in your two with Mossi Smith, And if there's been anybody that you could give up on, it would probably be Mozzy. But they haven't done so, and he's starting to turn the corner.
Speaker 5: You just got to keep on going.
Speaker 4: It's the fact that he's a first round pick. Yeah, it's the fact that he was driving in the first round and a very important draft for the Cowboys. I think that is the stigma that has put on him, you know, and that will be put on until he is a star defensive tackle.
Speaker 2: You know where he went to school, Michigan, which is in the Big Ten. Sure, there's another school in the Big Ten. It's Minnesota. It's the Minnesota Golfers. We're going to last in Minnesota. Leicester, you're on talking cowboys.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Smooth?
Speaker 19: Hey guys, good morning to you, Good morning.
Speaker 5: What's on your mind?
Speaker 19: Well, I'm I mean an old school type of guy. And uh here's here's what I call storyline a lot. And then my motto is simply this. We need to build the team with a very good a good it's a very good offensive and defensive line, and we need to both have them both at the same time. We over the years we've had one or the other and one is dominating. That's fine, but we need to build the team that way. In my opinion, we need to have both lines good to very good at the same time. And I'll hang up. I'll let you get another call.
Speaker 4: Man, Are we sure this wasn't Natan Frisco calling?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Fresco. And you just said it was Lesterer in Minnesota, because.
Speaker 4: Darned if he didn't talk about though the offense and defensive line is not wrong. He is not wrong.
Speaker 7: And I've said it timing again when asked I build my defense front to back. I ply as much pressure as I can up front stopping the run, and that helps even those cornerbacks that are just simply good or average or working to be that that helps those cornerbacks find another gear, find another level because they don't have to cover for that long and they can take risks and jump routes, build it inside out. I level lester stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, thankfully, you kind of already have the back figured out, you have the secondary figured out, you have the linebackers figured out, you have now now and you have part of this defensive line figured out. I think, like we're saying, and we talk about it all the time, but it's moving in the right direction. And if you find those guys in the very middle of that defensive line, that can really start pushing people back, really start getting in the backfield.
Speaker 2: Well, part of the encouraging side of what we're talking about and what we've seen the last I'm gonna say the last month, because even some of these things go back to the Houston and Philadelphia games, they just didn't necessarily take the step forward.
Speaker 5: For a win yet.
Speaker 2: Is the good play on the defensive line we're talking about Mazie, Chauncey Gulst and Karl Laws and Micah being back, Demarve and overshown at the second level helping all those guys out a little bit. And then you're talking about the guys on the offensive line taking a step forward.
Speaker 5: Cooper double b't, You've got.
Speaker 2: Terrence Steele, You've got some of these guys that are playing better football. And I think all of that helps us feel more confident about what's happening here in dallassuming of the call.
Speaker 7: Yes we do.
Speaker 5: Okay, go ahead, Orlando and New Mexico. You're on talking Cowboys. What's going on? Orlando?
Speaker 7: In mix?
Speaker 10: Orlando and mixing pretty good, a sunny New Mexico.
Speaker 15: Yeah, working hard every.
Speaker 5: Day, Yes sir, Yes, sir, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Yes, I know that we're like trying to get into the playoffs and everything, but I'm looking forward to, like the draft part. And I was thinking of this to say, our boys drop all these games, right, is there a possibility I know I'm jumping the head now, there's a possibility of us getting Austin Genty from Boise States.
Speaker 5: Let me just answer this question.
Speaker 4: Did you call in somehow?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Orlando for your call, and I will answer this vrentuloquism for me.
Speaker 2: Whether you're picking at number nine or you're picking at number twenty, there will still be a shot to get Ashton genty. Let me be abundantly clear, because it's not because of him as a player. It's because of the way the running back position is seen nowadays.
Speaker 5: Robin B.
Speaker 2: John Robinson was the exception where he was a top ten pick in the modern day NFL because he played at Texas against a considerable schedule in competition level, and he's an all around back, and there's a lot of things.
Speaker 5: Ashton gent is a.
Speaker 2: Great prospect, don't get me wrong, a phenomenal prospect. But he's playing at Boise State, He's playing against the Mountain West. He'll have a shot as long as they take care of business is Friday, he'll have a shot to play against some really good competition. And of course he ran really well against Oregon earlier in the year, the number one team in the country almost single handedly beat Oregon himself. By the way, he would be my Heisman vote right now if I had one, But I don't have one.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, Oh you don't.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: No I would say yes, absolutely over to Travis Hunter all day, every day, and that's a different conversation, but I would totally say Ashton Gent.
Speaker 4: Do you think?
Speaker 2: Sorryhead, But the way that the NFL looks at running backs, I don't think you're going to see a team take a pick on him in the top fifteen rounds unless it's this one or top fifteen picks. Unless it's this one fifteen rounds, we're going back to nineteen seventy. But I think he's a player. I think he's a first round pick no matter what. But I just don't see him in the top fifteen from another team because I don't see another team being desperate enough at running back to take him that high.
Speaker 4: But if you look at the NFL this season, you look at two of the MVP prospects in the league, I think the narrative of star running backs is starting a little bit, a little bit because you can see what one really great running back does for a team that is on the cusps.
Speaker 2: And Bijon's right there, but on the CUSP so teams that are in in the laties to thirty two.
Speaker 4: But could you not argue trading for a guy like like genty you could. Yeah, if you want to say, if you're to go up and get it, if you're close, if you're close and you're in the fifteens or or later, Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I can see it.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man. I think based on the season, you have say Kwon doing his thing, you have Dereck Henry doing his thing. I think the the value of that position is starting to eat.
Speaker 7: You know, because everything works in cycle jamyor Gibbs, Yeah, everything works in first Yeah, because this used to be a Drew Brees combination. Everything we're so now things are coming back to the running game and the running back and how and teams are starting to reevaluate how that position looks and what it can do to contribute. As far as my answer to this, absolutely November twenty fourth, at ten thirty one pm, someone on Twitter said, congratulations to win today. That was against the Commanders, and the win against the Giants will cost them three spots in the draft lol. And then my quote tweet is as follows, just means y'all will be less mad when the Cowboys use a pick on Ashton Gent. That's my end. It is true it's true.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get into the draft show talk and then I'm gonna tick up all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want to do it.
Speaker 4: We got to move along.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's an opportunity to draft ash genty Orlando. Phenomenal question, and that'll continue to be I guarantee you that will be a topic of conversation until April twenty fourth, no matter what the record, no matter what happens, it's going to be a conversation.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: When we come back, I'm going to take our next break. Nigel and Arizona is on the line. We also have a line open. Eighty eight eight five five two more talking cowboys. We've got eight callers down. We got a couple more to go when we come back.
Speaker 16: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 5: Five G requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your areas.
Speaker 3: See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 17: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agon tur equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Aggonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 20: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yetie's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetie dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And we're going to overtime Erica.
Speaker 7: How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 21: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com, slash ericup by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very digital tools feature required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only in the Englis language. Your chap maybe recorded and monitoring for quality assurance, message data, race and additional terms to apply. I thank with America and a number fd I.
Speaker 3: C to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back You're on, Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This portion of the show is brought to you by Invisilne, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Welcome back in.
Speaker 2: Patrick no c Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beaman his microphone on on the back.
Speaker 5: I'm Kyle Yeomens. Let's go to ABE in Las Vegas. ABE, what's going on? You're on talking Cowboys?
Speaker 9: Hey guys, how's it going?
Speaker 5: Oh man, I could not hear anything of that.
Speaker 7: I didn't get there.
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 5: What did you say?
Speaker 10: The aide?
Speaker 9: ABE from Vegas?
Speaker 5: How's it going?
Speaker 15: Guys?
Speaker 5: What's going on? What's on your mind?
Speaker 9: It's been a minute.
Speaker 5: It has been a minute.
Speaker 9: So trying to get you guys up to the record ten calls for you today. I just want to give a shout out to you guys. First and foremost. These past few offices have been pretty tough for me in terms of just watching the game. It's also kind of help that I've been distracted and getting some upgrades in my home and then retiring one of my four so I kind of haven't been able to watch a whole lot of it, which is good because I'm a passionate Cowboys fan and when they lose I'll get upset. But I just want to give a shout out to you guys to making as bad as the season has been making it enjoyable for me to continue to listen to you guys every day. You always got a fantomly no matter what the score is, Go cowboys, Go talking cowboys. You guys are the best.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you A.
Speaker 4: You're the man.
Speaker 7: Abe's over there doing home improvements. I love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, getting that take care of home bab. Yes sir, yes, sir. The reason we cut off Nigel is you can't cuss on the air, guys. Yeah, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even if you're making funny points, you can't can't puss on the air.
Speaker 5: We gotta be careful about it, all right, all right?
Speaker 2: Eight five, five, two, two nine seven. Ab was our ninth caller. So we're getting close to double digits here. I don't know if we'll get to sixteen. That would be we would have to have like Josh and Chicago level calls from here.
Speaker 5: On, APP I know, I know, but uh, we get to ten.
Speaker 7: How about this.
Speaker 5: Let's get to ten right now. Let's go to Chase in Tulsa, Oklahoma. So what's going on Chase?
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, love the show. First time caller, Hey, love, I just wanted to I just wanted to say that defense was like bismal earlier on in the season. What do you guys, I know you might have talked about it a bit and I missed it, But what's the biggest attribute that they reversed that curse?
Speaker 5: No great question, Chase.
Speaker 7: I'm going with the uh. The return of Micah combining with the level that the Marvey on Novshown is now playing at so cameats that duo. They're sitting in the tone for the whole defense.
Speaker 4: Chohnsey Goldson said it on the middle of Like Cowboys Hour last night. It's I think it's a big part of it is actually believing in the scheme. Yeah, and buying into to Mike McCarthy or Mike Zimmer's scheme. And you know, these are guys that have been playing on Dan Quinns scheme for the last three years, you know, so it took a lot of a learning curve to understand what this defensive scheme is. And I think they're starting to really buy into that. Not to mention, you're getting healthy guys now too, And I had to Ron Bland is now in.
Speaker 2: The picture, which is huge And there's not a wrong answer here at all. I think both of those are significant factors. The one thing I will add or is the guys that were stepping in, And Mike Micah talked about a postgame the other day where there's guys stepping in that maybe didn't anticipate, getting a lot of playing time, having to learn the scheme themselves, having to learn when to be where and what to do when.
Speaker 5: That kind of things that takes time to shift.
Speaker 2: Takes time for these backups, in these second and third string guys to take a step forward. And I think we're starting to see that with guys like Loss and guys like Ghost and guys filling in. Maybe even Mazzie Smith in a new system second year. He's had two years in the NFL, both with with a completely different defensive coordinator. Maybe he's had to take that step as well. But it's a lot of elevation from play across the board. Then you add in Micah, then you add in to Marvey and overshown, and then that's where I think that buying comes from. I think it's all these puzzle pieces that are just starting to come together and click. For the Cowboys. They've got some tough matchups coming up. One this week, Monday Night Football will be a tough matchup for this defense's got to be on point.
Speaker 5: The Bengals are really good offensively.
Speaker 7: You need takeaways this week you most certainly better have taken Oh, it would be big time.
Speaker 5: It would be big time.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the call, Chase. We've gotten the ten guys.
Speaker 2: We've got some more of though. How about this Josh in North Carolina, Josh shan talking cowboys?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Are we doing?
Speaker 7: Gentlemen?
Speaker 5: Are you with your class today?
Speaker 12: I am not.
Speaker 11: I actually have a no day, So I'm actually in my classroom by myself.
Speaker 4: No, that's the best dodate with talking cawboy is absolute best, man.
Speaker 11: No days are the best. Yes, you're exactly right.
Speaker 4: I miss a snow day.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know that out there.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, yeah, well I live in the mountain of North Carolina.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, that makes more sense.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm not on the Tennessee.
Speaker 7: So you're in western North Carolina on the yes, sir, you're at Black Mountain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, black writer, Black Mountain. Oh okay, sorry, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Josh?
Speaker 11: So I'm the mind frame. I'm also a high school coach and uh, I'm in the mind frame. My dad always taught me, you show me someone that doesn't mind losing, and I'll show you a loser. And I think this Cowboys team hates to lose. You can see the fight in them. You can see the defense fighting, the offense starting to put it together. So my question to you, gentlemen, is this. Let's say hypothetically they go on a run here, and I think they're more than capable of doing it. They just run the table and they squeak into the playoffs, maybe the number seven seed that warrant at the wild cards correct. That would be crazy and that would be like one of the greatest stories in recent memory for this team. So my question is, would that warrant Mike McCarthy coming back for another season because in twenty twenty he had he was decimated by injuries and he put he put it back together three back to back years of great teams, and then he puts it together this year. Does that warrant him coming back for another year? Because I do I do believe this team trusts Mike McCarthy. I want to believe that that they they love their coach and they're playing for them, playing for him and playing for each other. So what do you guys think about that? I appreciate it, guys.
Speaker 5: Phenomenal question.
Speaker 4: That's the big question. That is the big question.
Speaker 2: Here's here's my word, and I'll just it's one word. Absolutely. If if they turn this thing around, you're at three and seven with a five game losing streak in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the season, and you somehow turn around, you would go five and one against your division. First off, if you do run the table, you would finish five to one against the NFC East, with that one loss being at home in Philadelphia. If you end up winning out and you squeak in with a five in one record in your division, you end up with nine wins total or no, it'd be ten wins, be ten and seven. Absolutely, that's the greatest coaching job you could ever ask for from a head coach, other than winning at all, other than winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: The fact that you're able to turn it around.
Speaker 2: I know there's a lot of Cowboys fans out there that are probably saying, oh, and they're rolling their eyes and it's like, oh, but you're gonna lose in the wildcard round. At that point, who cares you did what you were supposed to do, that's win and get to the postseason. Sure, this team's not good enough to go win a super Bowl, but if you get another tournament, who knows what happens. Whatever happens happens. You lost to the bottom seed in the NFC last year in the first round. Two, if you're at the bottom seat in the NFC, things can happen. You can make a run. I would absolutely and I would anticipate if they do make a run and they win out, there's no way you let him walk.
Speaker 5: You resign them.
Speaker 2: And it may not be a one year or a two year deal, it may be a three year or a four year deal, but Mike McCarthy would be back in Dallas.
Speaker 7: Listen, there's a reason that Jerry Jones said today on one to File three the fan that the odds were of making the playoffs were outlandish. That's why he used that word, and it's because I'm not even going to give you the percentage. Just know that it's not pretty because the Cowboys would not only have to win out, they'd have to get a lot of help from other teams collapsing. But I say that to say, like Cole said, you were three and seven, and what do you happens? The injuries continue to rack up and you lose your franchise quarterback as one of those injuries for the entire for the remainder of the season. If you then somehow rally the troops to go five to one in the NFC East, run the table, and get yourself into the playoffs, how can you not that would objective. That will have been one of the most stunning and superbly fantastic coaching things I've ever seen it. No, because then it's going to the almost maybe curse. But you absolutely perfect word. Absolutely, it's a no brainer for me. Now, I'm not with Kyle on the three year because what I would say is I would split the difference. Okay, I would say, it's.
Speaker 5: Not gonna be a one year deal.
Speaker 7: No, it's not gonna be a one year deal. What's between one and three?
Speaker 5: Two and three?
Speaker 7: Exactly? Give me a two give me a two year deal. If this were to happen. Based on what Chase is saying.
Speaker 5: You able to do team options on coaching contracts.
Speaker 7: Good question.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you are or not.
Speaker 7: I don't know because I don't think it matters keep the coaching you don't. So I would give him a two year deal based on this just cosmic turnaround and say, okay, prove in twenty twenty five with a much healthier roster, because let's be clear, what we're seeing injury wise at twenty twenty four is not going to replicate itself in twenty twenty five to this not to this degree, no freaking way, right, So assumably, presumably you will have a much healthier roster, you'll have Deac back, you will make moves in free agency. We'll see what those are. Ashton Genty's going to be on the roster, and then we'll see the defense looks better, right, and I will say give me twenty twenty five, and then we will reassess after twenty twenty five on that two year deal. Maybe I'm willing to eat the second year if things don't go right in twenty five.
Speaker 4: To answer your question, yes, you can add team options to coaching deals.
Speaker 5: Oh interesting.
Speaker 4: My simple point is this, if you win out you do that with Cooper Rush. That is the most telling I believe that is the most telling statistic to me is the fact that if and you know, we've only won two games.
Speaker 5: Guys, let's not Yeah, we kind of chickens before they have qualify.
Speaker 7: We're answering Chase's.
Speaker 4: Question exactly, so to be fair, that being said, if we do somehow possibly in a chance went out. He's doing that with Cooper Rush and or Trey Lance, which I think is indicative of a stellar coaching job. He is a great coach, he really is. I think it's been a tough go at it this year. I think the defense was slow moving at the very beginning of the season, obviously if you look at it statistically, but now they're starting to come together. But the players have not quit on Mike McCarthy clearly. So if he does that, does he does a ten and seven record record with a backup quarterback, which I think is just remarkable. He has to come back.
Speaker 7: Look at the Giants locker room before Thanksgiving, look at the Cowboys locker room before Thanksgivings different. That tells you coach versus coach what's going on. Culturally?
Speaker 2: They believe across the way that they can win out and make the playoffs.
Speaker 5: That's what they believe.
Speaker 4: We may not believe it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we believe they've They've still got really good Bengals and that's what matters offense.
Speaker 5: Let me say it that way, Bengals offense.
Speaker 7: Because Chas post game reporter asked him about the defense, which you as the receiver one, Yeah, say, Jamar looks back and over at the defensive section and then comes back and drops his head and said, they got to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we's gotta beat the Bengals, really good Bengals offense.
Speaker 5: You've got to turn around.
Speaker 2: You've got to beat the Philadelphia Eagles on the road, and you've got to beat the Washington Commanders at home, which will be a sweep, which would be a sweep of Washington and your former quarter defensive coordinator Baker Mayfield either Yeah, Tampa Bay is.
Speaker 7: Getting healthy too, and Caroline is no longer a cake walker. Young is away starting to feed.
Speaker 5: He has a weekend, so things will not be easy.
Speaker 2: But yes, if the Cowboys do run the table and that very slight chance they sneak into the playoffs, I think you you definitely see, absolutely see.
Speaker 5: Michael Carthur back next year. All right, really quickly, we're gonna get the twelve collars. Eddie and Virginia. You gotta be quick. We're almost out of time here. What's up, Eddie?
Speaker 15: Hey man, what's going on? Fellows? Hey, this is my first time calling.
Speaker 5: You're the man.
Speaker 15: I like you talking cowboys, but I do want to see a couple of things. One is, don't like losing. I hate when people talk about we get the draft. They'll screw that because you might not get off the draft.
Speaker 7: Any talking talking.
Speaker 15: Might not get nobody. I'm all for bringing Mike back to Okay. That's not wasting the time. It's going to get this man at least three years. And that's all I got, Fellas. I'll have a great day.
Speaker 5: Thank Thank you very.
Speaker 7: Much, Eddie and right listener, Edie Kimy with a couple haymakers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, win, hit it out and get it strong. All right. That's it for us. You're on talking cowboys. Got the twelve today, guys. Good job everybody done. Good job. Beamer in the back, he's been busy.
Speaker 6: Is that one.
Speaker 5: No, that's how you tore That's how you tore it. All right?
Speaker 2: That does it for us, For Chris Beam, for Josh Rudder, against Patrick nose Walker.
Speaker 5: I'm Kyle Yeomens.
Speaker 7: We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: With more talking Cowboy Patrick.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 12: Y