Speaker 1: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing of a black man, now the new developments in the deathly Spot shooting rampage man.
Speaker 2: Yes, say it was a really bad day for him.
Speaker 3: And this is what he did, and so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: White supremacist violence is always has been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 2: But I'm also very proud that my wife was white. To the breakfast club, bitch, hich Henny, please tell me why was I your.
Speaker 4: Donkey of the day, Well, donkey today for Wednesday, January twenty ninth, cause the Georgia Representative Rich McCormick.
Speaker 2: He is a Republican who was on.
Speaker 4: CNN yesterday defending Trump's federal age freeze on school lunch programs. Now, I don't know about y'all, but I grew up on school lunch programs. Okay, during the school year and that summertime. My grandmother was a lunch lady at Alria Ready Intermediate School in mont Corner, South Carolina. Dropping the clues mom for Alright Ready into Media School. Okay, So sometimes she would bring those lunches home. And I'm gonna tell you something I remember one kid in fourth grade who was so poor. Mind you, none of us came from any money, but he had it worse than a lot of us.
Speaker 2: That school lunch.
Speaker 4: Program was the only time that young brother used to eat throughout the whole day. And I remember we had an evil, mean ass teacher named Miss Freeman. That woman used to punish that young man by telling him he couldn't eat lunch.
Speaker 2: And I'll never.
Speaker 4: Forget the pain in that young man's face when she used to do that to him. People are really, really cruel, and that's what we are seeing from folks like Rich McCormick. Okay, not only does he agree with the federal aide freeze on school lunch programs, he says that kids should be working instead of receiving free lunch. Let's go to CNN Pamela Brown for the report.
Speaker 3: Police, would you support getting rid of you know, school lunch for vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Kids and breakfast and head start? Do you support that? And what do you say to your constituents when you.
Speaker 1: Talking about school lunches? Hey, I worked my way through high school. I know about you, but I worked since I was before I was even thirteen years old, I was picking berries in the field before a child, labor laws that precluded that.
Speaker 2: I was a paper boy.
Speaker 1: And when I was in high school, I worked my entire way through. You're telling me that kids who stay at home instead of going to work at Burger King McDonald's during the summer should stay at home and get their free lunch instead of going to work. I think we need to have a top down review works lunch.
Speaker 4: I would say that's not necessarily a fair assessment of all of the kids.
Speaker 2: So you would say all the kids in your district who use the.
Speaker 4: Free lunch for example, or breakfast, they're all just seeing at home and not working. Okay, I just want to clarify, because this gives us a chance.
Speaker 2: Now, this gives us a chance.
Speaker 1: This gives us a chance though to see where is the money really being spent. How many people got their start in fast food restaurants when there are kids, versus just giving a blanket rule that gets all kids lunches in high school who are capable of going out and actually getting a job and doing something that makes them have value thinking about their future instead of thinking about how they're going to sponge off the government.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want high school kids to get a job. What about elementary school?
Speaker 4: What about middle school kids? Like, let me tell you something man that you already probably know. America does not give a damn about poor people. I mean, they could care less. When I first heard this story, I thought to myself, does Rich McCormick know that they are poor?
Speaker 2: White?
Speaker 4: You know, you know kids that he'll be depriving as well, because you know, blackness is just my default setting. So I just assume this is happening because of race, because growing up I was a black kid who benefited from school lunch programs.
Speaker 2: But no, guys like.
Speaker 4: Rich McCormick don't give a damn about color. They care about they don't give it. They don't give a damn about race. They don't give a damn about poor people.
Speaker 2: Period. Okay, it's all a matter of class.
Speaker 4: But I just want to tell folks like Rich McCormick because the Trump administration is a head of schedule on ruining the economy, by the way, I want to say, I want to say something, but they are ahead of schedules.
Speaker 2: See, I've told y'all before.
Speaker 4: That the economy since World War Two does better when it's a Democrat in the White House. And this isn't about party affiliation because I'm an independent. I'm just dealing with facts. There have been eleven recessions in this country. Ten of them have been Republican led, So I'm already anticipating that for this administration.
Speaker 2: Say what you want, Democrats create jobs.
Speaker 4: Democrats at least attempt to expand the middle class and strengthen the economy. Okay, I understand that a lot of folks don't always feel that in their pockets, so it's hard.
Speaker 2: For people to believe that I get it.
Speaker 4: Well, let's be clear, this capitalist society we live in doesn't matter who's in charge. Okay, Republicans are Democrats because the gap between the haves and have nots is so wide. Okay, the wealth inequality in this country is so great that what they are currently implementing by attempting to order this federal spending freeze, you stop in Medicaid, school breakfast lunch programs, Section eight, rental assistance, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Kids, farm credits, the VA, the SPA, defense contracts, anything that provides people with financial relief.
Speaker 2: They trying to put a freeze on rich McCormick.
Speaker 4: If the have nots the poor, if they hungry and can give food, what you think they're gonna eat? That's right, your ass. Wait a minute, that might have decided you. Not your literal ass.
Speaker 2: I mean figuratively as an eat the rich.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me give you a reminder from the late Great two Parks your core on what happens when a country doesn't take care of the least of us.
Speaker 3: If I know that in this hotel room they have food every day, and I'm knocking on the door every day to eat, and they tell and they open the door, let me see the party. Let me see like they're throwing salami all over the I mean just like throwing food around. But they're telling me there's no food in me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Every day I'm standing outside trying to sing my way in. You know what I'm saying, We are hungry. Please let us in. We are hung we please.
Speaker 2: Let him say.
Speaker 3: After about a week that song was gonna change that we hungry, we need some food. After two three weeks, it's like, you know, give me a the food and raking out of the door. And after a year and just like you know what I'm saying. I'm picking the lock, coming through the door, blasting you know what I'm saying. It's like you hungry, you reach your level, you don't want anymore. We asked ten years ago, we was asking with the Panthers. Who was asking with them? You know, a civil rights movement? Who's asking?
Speaker 2: You know? Now?
Speaker 3: Now those people that were asking, they're all day and in jail. So now what do you think?
Speaker 2: It's only a matter of time?
Speaker 4: Okay, Rich McCormick, this is how I know of folks like yourself.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't really believe in Christ.
Speaker 4: Y'all don't really believe in Christ because Matthew twenty five forty talks about taking care of the least the bus, all right, talks about taking care of the least the bus. It says, truly, I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. This just means that by caring for those who are most vulnerable, are marginalized, you are serving Jesus himself. That's not what you're doing. Rich McCormick, please give that man the biggest he huh.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you for that donkey to day.
Speaker 4: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull, Lamb and Soft.
Speaker 2: Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com.
Speaker 4: And when you mess with the Bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 2: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club