Speaker 1: Wat's up and welcome back to another episode of No Sinners Podcast with your hosts now fuck That with your loaw glasses Malone. Question check check question who said being gay was a sin? The Bible? What Bible? Who wrote it? How y'all figure being gay is a sin? I'm genuinely asking. That was a post I came across on Instagram, Pete, M marit it one more time? Question who said being gay was a sin? The Bible? What Bible? Who wrote it? How y'all figure being gay as a sin? I'm genuinely asking. Now, Pete, you don't strike me as the most religious person in the world.
Speaker 2: That's probably fair. I'm not going to push back on that.
Speaker 1: But I know you read a lot. I know you read a lot. I'm sure you read through the Bible before. I know you've came across a few books, a couple of passages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard some. I've heard some conversations, some elongated philosophical conversations about the Bible. I've ever, really, myself read it a lot than the Church a good number of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to read the Bible. It's really a lot of work. But it's a dope book. Of books.
Speaker 3: It was crazy. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they don't sell it separately, Like I've been searching on Amazon to buy.
Speaker 2: It separately, Like like the Harry Potter books. Yeah, like I never read those either.
Speaker 3: I hate that is, I dislike.
Speaker 1: I severely dislike it comes as one book when it's a book of multiple books. Yeah, it's like imagine if the Encyclopedia came as one book.
Speaker 3: It'd be like, bro, why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was you know, one of those you know.
Speaker 2: I think it was written by a lot of Jewish authors, and they probably came up with some sort of a you know, accounting matrix in which the marketing for a single book at a given price might generate more volume among consumers. We're good at that, they're good that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I have no idea, that's for sure. But you will get canceled over.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: I'm on the record saying if I was ever going to be religious, I would I would like to be Jewish because I appreciate their discipline level to their faith as a lifestyle.
Speaker 3: What's crazy is speaking of Jewish people.
Speaker 1: I think that's where the Black Church goes wrong compared to the Jewish you know synagogue. Mm hmmm, is did you Jewish synagogue forces the true concept of church, which is community fellowshipping. Like I think from reading and studying, the simple basis of a church is just a community center. Jewish people, if I understand correctly from my attorney and different people, they're forced to go to a synagogue within miles of their house, like everybody in the community goes to the same synagod.
Speaker 2: They can't be like the Mormons do that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it ain't like Rabbi good Men got the good you know sermons over there, you know, four or five miles away. I like Rabbi Goodman's sermon, or I like the choir over there, you know, thirteen fifteen.
Speaker 3: Hundred miles away.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go to this church for personal reasons, and I think that's a huge issue.
Speaker 3: And I also I also go to church.
Speaker 1: For the most selfish, fucking reasons thousand percent.
Speaker 2: I think that's true. And Black communities churches fall under the umbrella of particularly North American but like Western you know, newer like Protestant churches two point zero, not like the hardcore original like German Lutheran whatever, but like the you know, the last one to two hundred years kind of second generation Protestant interpretation of Christianity.
Speaker 4: The thing that.
Speaker 2: I think, in addition to you to to what you were saying on that point is there's a lot of this, well, there's too much acceptance for shortcoming in the church is as far as falling short of what the standard and what your own standard should be with adhering to the word it's well, nobody's perfect. Only God can judge me. Blah blah blah blah blah. To try to just dismiss actions that deviate from the standard defined preferred actions.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, really hold that thought.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get back to that cool, because that was a conversation I was having with my homeboy ju my homeboy wan I was telling him about this same conversation and he was telling me that sin.
Speaker 3: He didn't believe sin.
Speaker 1: You know, you could ask for forgiveness for sin if it's like, what's the difference between murder and homicide?
Speaker 3: If it's pre what's.
Speaker 4: The word I'm looking for, premeditated?
Speaker 3: Premeditated.
Speaker 1: He's like, if you premeditated sin, Like, you can't ask for forgiveness, and I'm like, nigga, all sins are premeditated. Like, you don't accidentally lie, you just lie and you know ahead of time you're gonna lie. Now, sure, did you sit at home and plan to tell that lie? Versus you know right before you told the lie, you knew it was a lie. It's all premeditated.
Speaker 2: I think there's accidents, but I think there's being so reckless, because there's like there's murder, there's manslaughter. You know, your murder one premeditated murder or murder two and you got manslaughter and then you just have it was an accident. Sure, now I think that manslaughter area is I understand it was an accident, but you were so reckless and undisciplined that you made that accident much more likely to happen, and you need some consequences.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're gonna come back to that because I really want to get into that. But back to the point of black churches. I think now everybody is going to the church that suits their personal needs versus understanding. The concept was to make the community to come together and poolish resources together and help each other in all times and needs. You know, that's the point of a church. It's for the community. It's the centerpiece of a community. And you know, I remember, you know, being on one hundred and seventeenth Street, and mostly nobody went to the little church that was on one hundred and seventeenth Street, like it's actually a church on the seven, okay, and nobody went to that church. And I always thought that that was weird, Like it was people who worked on the seven that were like managers, like hiring managers at like Edison, and it was people on the seven that needed a job. Yet the two people did not come together in pool resources because the older man that lived in the community that worked at Edison that could have hired people, you know, he didn't know what everybody needs. So he looked at everybody kind of like they screw up or they was fucking up and they didn't want nothing. And the people that might have wanted the job looked at him like he was staying offish and didn't want to be involved, you know. And even the good things in the community. So a place like church, where you know, you come together and you worship together, and you could see people at their most barrassed moments, you know, spiritually you could see what's going on, you know what I mean. So I think that's the church is a great idea in a suception, but we misuse it so bad, and we it's so self servient for us, you know what I mean, So we don't get the maximum ount of it. It doesn't raise our whole community the way it should. No sillings, gl my man Peter in the house for me, we rocking getting to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think also when you when you really like to make up a word potentially here like delocalized sure the church, you get to a point where in your day to day life you only see other people from the church or the pastor from the church once a week for an hour or two, in opposed to seeing those people all the time. One thing that like I hear a lot of mis understands, the misinterpretations of like Catholicism. But and one of them has to do with confession and confessing your sins to the priest. The reason that that is a thing is because and I actually I think it's a good thing is you know, if you're in older times, you would go to your local church and that and the priest would serve as like your spiritual leader. So you confess your sins to a person. It's not you're trying to absolve yourself, you know, through God by telling him this stuff. It's it's you. You have a person, another individual to whom you are privately accountable for your own shortcomings, even like the ones you don't want to tell nobody else.
Speaker 3: And even then, I think you just are inspired. Yeah. I don't think people in this. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I'll ask my attorney, I'll ask a couple of homies, But I don't think you know, Jewish people in the church, you know, Oh you had that port the other day. Yeah, I don't think that's really what's going on. I think you're inspired, and you're guided not only by the centerpiece of the church. You know, not only by the centerpiece of the church, but you're also guided.
Speaker 3: By each member.
Speaker 1: You know, and a lot of the things that make us kind of fall short and seeing in general, you know, are hardships, are challenging days where you can't make simple things happen. And those resources also help with people, you know, those resources also help with people to keep them on the straight and narrow. Yeah, But the initial point was we was talking about. Before I talked to you, I was talking to Steel too, praying FMC is in the hospital. Something happened. I'm praying for them, hoping ain't nothing serious. But I was telling Steel being gay is not a sin. And still, you know, big Steal as they call him on the internet, Norman Norman Norm Norm still tends to you know, my big brother jumps to conclusions really fast. And it's like, I'll explain to him, being gay is not a sin, Like the initial question, being gay is not a sin?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You cannot help who you are attracted to the act of homosexuality, laying with men as you lay with women. That's the sin, It's the actual act. And I was trying to explain that to him because a lot of times when we be talking about sin, and it was weird for this person to say that, like you know, on the internet, Like if you're going to dispute the Bible and you don't get that the Bible is inspired by God or you don't believe that, why even use the term sin?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Why use that term? Sin wouldn't exist.
Speaker 1: Without the Bible, Sin wouldn't exist without religion, Like why would you even use that term.
Speaker 3: But but back to her, back to her question, it's like, no, being gay is not a sin, you know, pursuing the actual emotions of being gay, you know what I mean, specualize with men the way you lay with women as a man would be the sin. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think a good comp to that is like say alcoholics anonymous, You're you're an alcoholic. You want to drink, but if you don't drink while you're still an alcoholic, you're not in like violation of the standard. You know what I mean. You're you're going to be an alcoholic, that's what you are, but as long as you're not drinking, you're, you know, in good standard.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. And you understand that this can.
Speaker 3: Need to how do I say it? Unnatural issues?
Speaker 4: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: But I thought about the whole thing, like writing as a crip. I'm like, even if you sein, why not just wear it?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, deal with God when it's time, if God knows your heart, if you ask for forgiveness. You know, I'm sure you and God to have the conversation that y'all.
Speaker 3: Need to have.
Speaker 1: But it was weird that we're slowly trying to watch people justify unnatural things for no reason when you could just live your life how you live your life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've not ever really understood that community's desire to There's a spectrum.
Speaker 2: There's like, look, don't beat a ship out of me, because this is a lifestyle.
Speaker 4: I get that it's.
Speaker 2: Reasonable, But asking everybody to like you or like what you're doing because of that, that's that's further over on the spectrum. And it post just saying yeah, look like, okay, great, you know you don't like that I'm gay. That's fine. Guess what I'm gonna be gay.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna do gay, be gay. Gay is what it is. I'm not gonna change my mind over because of your opinion. So you know, as long as you're not gonna do anything drastic to me, it's just what it is, so you can figure out how to deal with it on your own terms. But I'm gonna do what I want to do. I don't see why there's a problem in as long as the other actor does not like, throw a rock at the guy or.
Speaker 5: Whatever the hell.
Speaker 1: And it's weird that you have people trying to dispute it like it's not It's not just about that specific lifestyle, right, Like, yeah, let's take it to be in the crypt. You know, a lot of a lot of deaths happen in cripping that are unnatural, you know what I mean, Like you could cause a lot of trauma, you know what I'm saying. I don't think the goal is to make it a sinless lifestyle, you know what I mean. I don't think that's what the goal is. I think the goal is is like, this is how I'm living my life, and I'll.
Speaker 3: Deal with God.
Speaker 1: But it's just weird to watch people consistently try to rewrite it. Like I saw someone say, oh, the original scripture said man should not lay with children the way they lay with women. For sure, they didn't say that in the fucking Bible.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: And and also, you know, people don't know.
Speaker 1: I think God, I think God never said that Pete.
Speaker 3: Right, because he thought motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Had common sense, Like there's a natural thing that happens, you know. I mean, with the woman that tells you when it's time for her to start entering womanhood. We can argue about the age of it. You know, some women especially in today's time where the.
Speaker 3: Food is punt with hormones.
Speaker 1: You know, they're getting their periods at nine ten, you know, really unique young ages.
Speaker 3: So I get that conversation.
Speaker 1: But to constantly ignore the naturalness of most things because we think we're smarter than nature.
Speaker 3: Itself, it's crazy to me. Yeah, I watch parents.
Speaker 1: Like like I watched like one of the commandments I remember was thousay not thou shallt not disrespect thy mother and my father.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You ever notice see Now, I can't say this is certain for everybody, but I noticed growing up and being around parents with children and shit. One of the main things that make, you know, young adults or teenagers start getting an attitude is when they start fucking. Like when when your kids start fucking them motherfuckers need a job, This is my belief. At that point, pumping everything in the world and all of that shit, and you keep treating them like a baby.
Speaker 3: They gonna talk to you like they crazy when they start.
Speaker 1: Fucking, especially girls, they gonna talk to you fucking craziest hell when they start fucking because they think they know something. They barely start wiping their little coachy. They ask and they gonna tell somebody's parents some shit. But I think it's because even today, we're holding on to children a lot longer. We're keeping them children.
Speaker 3: A lot longer. They don't want to be children a lot longer.
Speaker 1: They're all really smart enough to take advantage of their parents, so they'll play like a kid until you catch them fucking Then they'll talk to you like they lost they fucking mind, and then when they kind of not, then they'll go back to being a kid when they need a ride somewhere. I think we're holding you know, young adults hostage too long as children, believing that it's going to strengthen them for the future. And it's like, nah, once your kids jump into adulthood, right and they embark on fucking, you know, and that type of sin of pre marital sex, your mother fucking asked me the fucking job.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: There's there's a lot of like conservative thought leaders that discuss the culture of prolonged adolescents quote unquote in the country right now, and I think that's certainly true.
Speaker 2: I think that also within that time frame, I mean from not only the the prolonged adolescents of like not being responsible for yourself into your twenties or however the hell long. But like even in general, this you know, bubble wrapping the whole world so that you know, people can protect their kids to you know, to the fault of them failing to learn any lessons. So that so then there is no preparedness. You you transition, you learn slowly and transition rapidly. If you don't learn slowly during that time frame and transition rapidly, you're gonna get demolished. And I think another aspect I've heard talked about on that point is that the average number of kids people have is so much smaller now. That's like you have one kid that they you know, I can't afford to have anything happened to my one kid. But if you had four kids, it's like, yeah, well a little Johnny ran across the street to chase a ball and whatever, you know, kind of thing from previous generations.
Speaker 1: What's the most unreasonable sin that you could think of that you heard?
Speaker 4: Unreasonable sin?
Speaker 3: You like that that's a sin?
Speaker 1: Well, like I always think about sins, and I'll be like, they all pretty much make sense to me.
Speaker 4: At one and I guess it's not a New Testament sin. But it's an old Testament sin something about shellfish some nonsense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I get it.
Speaker 1: They're like pigs, they eat a lot of trash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like shellfish for that reason, anatomically have like more of the type of matter that it takes, that like your body takes, than the organs that you'll cleanse your body. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, I.
Speaker 2: Mean I guess yeah, in the basic logic, sure, but that seems a little bit a little bit interesting.
Speaker 3: I just think now, for I'm not a Christian, I'm very much a follower of Christ.
Speaker 1: I think Christ is an awesome, you know character in the story.
Speaker 3: The way he lived his life. I thought that was what it was about. I truly.
Speaker 1: Aspire to live in a sense with that type of courage and that type of thought thoughtfulness when it comes to other human beings, Like that's important to me. That's like one of the greatest people I've ever read about in the story, right, And I'm not talking about anything outside of the story itself, minus the magic tricks, minus you know, all of the water, the wine. That's not even really the thing to me, you know what I mean, It's the way no different than Martin Luther King, the way he fought for causes, you know what I mean, and stood for people and tried to help people, you know, get going and do the best they can.
Speaker 3: That's my kind of guy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I aspire, but I think as and we've talked about this with a real fight. Oh and I think joker before about the way human beings start to feel like they need, the way human beings need to interpret things, and how some of the brightest minds in the past, you know, like let's say, if we're talking counselor and I see it and all the different really bright priests and different people, how they understood Jesus needed to be delivered to human beings so they can follow him, you know what I mean. I do think there were efforts made to.
Speaker 3: You know, to.
Speaker 1: Prop him up in a way to where people can really, you know, just really be inspired and just follow blind, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And I'm not mad at.
Speaker 1: It, because that's the kind of person in theory you should follow, Briannie, you know what I mean, based off of the story. It's just my issue with my intellect is when those people come together right and they understand that most human beings don't have enough time to think, you know, so they like, okay, how can we send people on a proper course without them having to think? So I respect that, But then you have a thinker like me, Right, who's somebody that I didn't want? I hate that, I think so much. I don't hate it. I don't want to lose it, but it definitely makes life, you know, hard at times. So I do think genuinely that there are some things that are positioned to help the everyday non thinker. But then somebody like me, I always start to question. It seems like seeing is just things that are unnatural. You don't see children in nature eating their parents, yeah, I mean you don't see those spiders eating their moms and dads. I mean you don't see. You might see it the other way, but you don't see it that way. So a lot of the the efforts was seeing and and things that are saying are just things that go against simple nature. They got some crazy ones, especially in the Old Testament, especially when it comes down to slavery. But I do think there was a time in the world where you know, slavery was just every day, like, you know, like nothing. It was like having a warehouse, you know what I mean. So I think there were rules for that time that made sense. Do I think God like might have frowned down and said, hey, uh, slavery is wrong. I'm sure he looked at human beings like, damn, that's what y'all want to do, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, okay, And then when America obviously got to hold the slaves, you know, they, you know, the degenerates from England came and just ruined it. You know, a bunch of country poor motherfuckers, you know, inherited.
Speaker 3: A lot of valuable.
Speaker 1: Cargo which were human beings and just were trash with it. I mean, didn't treat it correctly. Miss miss did too much, and that became, you know, the beginning of the end for slavery. But I think when we talk sins, a lot of the concepts are just things that go against nature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of points in there, I think. Also, I'm not sure that, Yeah, there's a lot of people that don't have time to think. I also think that there's a lot of people who are more weak than they are strong. So if given the opportunity to think, they canure of some bogus way to rationalize a contextual or some sort of soft you know, letter of the law versus spirit of the law, type of justification for doing what they want to do, not what they're quote unquote supposed to do.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but do they really or accept that they're sinning, Like, give me an example of something like that.
Speaker 2: That would be That is probably the root behind most people's different interpretations of the Bible in general. And people talk about the Bible. You go one hundred churches, they're talking about it one hundred ways for one hundred years. And then people try to go about, well it's not technically a sin if dot dot dot, or well, really I did this, so it's not really dot dot dot.
Speaker 4: That's a very common Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I think I think that's their way of getting from under the judgment of other human beings.
Speaker 3: I think personally they don't believe this shit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think I think they're trying to get from under the thumb and judgment of other human beings, so they say things to try to move it over. Humans are so concerned with what other humans think, which is rightful. So we are, you know, very much an interlink and chain. But people are way too feared to like they're too fearful. People are scared to be judged. Like one thing I'm not and it became the most integral thing for me as an artist and even as a creator in general, is not worried about being judged, you know, being willing to to to to push myself into judgment, you know what I mean, being okay, Like I always tell Joe and Douce this from La Giants said. I said, I'm like, you have to give your self space to be misunderstood, Like you have to find a space where you okay with being misunderstood.
Speaker 3: Like I might get to this day.
Speaker 1: I probably still get five to ten comments every day on different platforms, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, in the streets about Tupaca must die. So sometimes I answer them, you know what I mean, maybe three out of four I'm like, oh, you know, well, what do you mean? Let me let's go into it. The rest of them. I just don't mind being misunderstood. You know, somebody could say, oh gods, it's disrespective pop and I'll be like whatever, I'm not gonna you know, if that's what you think of it, fine, you know what I'm saying, I'm okay with you thinking that it's not the end of the world. I'm not trying to you know, the people that I would need to talk to in that situation I already talked to, you know what I mean. The people I need to talk to in that situation outside the mopreme, I already talked to. So I'm okay with being judged, I mean, And that's what true power lies in that, you know what I mean. True power lies in the willingness to be judged and be okay if people disagree with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, I think I think there's also I think people like to I don't obviously do not like being judged negatively by other people.
Speaker 2: I think also people there's a there's a large share of human beings that can't deal with the burden of their own internalized guilt and shame. So if they can externalize it into some other standard outside of them, like an oracle of shame, and then try to manipulate the relationship of the oracle of shame to their action in a way that can shield them from that, they'll take that opportunity.
Speaker 1: The irony is, that's my greatest issues with Like, I have a natural issue with people who are snitches, right, and snitches being let's context it again. Let's put it in context people who are criminals, people committed to criminal lifestyle and being a criminal. You know that world, no matter which level of life, a criminal that is willing to you know, that incriminates someone else to avoid punishment for themselves.
Speaker 3: That's what a snitch is.
Speaker 1: So those are my greatest issues with somebody like Troy av and Takashi right where it's like they're just out in the public manipulating the.
Speaker 3: Story I would have.
Speaker 1: You know, it's going to be hard for me to have respect for a snitch because you're a coward. You don't want to be accountable for your own shit. But I would have more respect if you were willing to be accountable, if you came out and you're like, yeah, man, I told because I didn't want to go to jail for twenty years.
Speaker 3: I reassessed the situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did some bullshit, but it was an opportunity for me not to go to prison for twenty years, and I took it. You know, I did whatever I had to do to make sure I didn't lose twenty years of my life to prison. Like I would have more respect for you as a man after I'd be like, damn, well, you know he went out like a sucker, but he knew what it was. What bothers me is when they try to manipulate the general public, that's a sin in itself. They're trying to manipulate the general public and reposition it like I've heard people say, oh, well, Troy Avenue, it's in self defense, and I'm like, no, it's not. If it was in self defense, he wouldn't he wouldn't even be charged with a crime, you know what I mean. Like, and you know, people and people like Troy ad people like Takashi are very much people from the street. They understand everything. These are really cunning guys. I'm not gonna say smart, they're cunning, you know what I mean. They don't really have the spine that they should have as men, but they're really cunning. So they are manipulating the masses because the masses will you know, you know, they gonna tell. The general public is gonna tell because they don't want to go to jail for one day, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So they for sure ain't doing no crime, and they will tell, you know, to make sure that their life ain't in danger. So they know you people like them. They know who they are talking to. They know they're talking to people, so they know how to appeal to maybe these people's nature, like, oh, well, you know what, my friend got murdered and you know, and he's my enemy. I don't owe him loyalty. It's like, what does loyalty have to do with this? You told because you didn't want to go to prison. You didn't tell as a good will samaritan.
Speaker 3: That was the case.
Speaker 1: You're aware of a lot of crimes.
Speaker 3: That's all on every crime you know about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I even think that like to some degree, you know, depending on how you want to define that world as a dog eat dog world, like even like Whitey Bulger, he was snitching as he was just snitching as a weapon, you know, he was telling you, is right, He was telling on Italian's other Irish mob. He was telling on anybody that he could have profited from their removal. You know. Yeah, So I mean is day one. No, it's different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're right, it is different because that's like, oh, this dude's a dirty player. But again, it's one of those things where you know, it's one of those things where you understand why these concepts need to be in place because you watch people all the time. They don't have scruples. They are so busy trying to push their personal agenda on the world. And you write like something you said earlier, and it keeps, you know, floating in my fucking mind.
Speaker 3: Dog. It's like they can't deal with the self shame.
Speaker 1: So they have to try to go out Like I thought it was for everybody else, it's for themselves.
Speaker 3: They have to create a space.
Speaker 1: For themselves to go out and steal, you know, feel like something about them is honorable or real. Yeah, we don't know how to, but it's crazy. People don't have shame no more. I keep saying that people don't have shame no more. It's personal, so you know, it's deep. I've been thinking about it a lot. A lot of stuff been on my mind, man, and my leg is you know.
Speaker 3: At a really good space.
Speaker 1: I'm probably about sixty percent so off the around pod and overdrive, you know what I'm saying. Because it's a lot of stuff I need to work out of my mind, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I need to work it out yeah.
Speaker 2: And one thing that's always bothered me is you see, like a person who's committing crime a right, and they're kind of proud of the fact that they're a renegade or whatever the hell, and then after the fact it's not they get caught, and then they pivot the conversation, Oh, well, that's just weird. That shouldn't be illegal anyway. It was illegal when you were doing it. It carried ten years. You knew it carried ten years, and you did it and you got ten years. Don't back out now, like, oh, I don't think personally, I don't think. Yeah, everybody thinks that whatever the fuck you could think it was, you did it, you got caught. Be a fucking man. There's a reason why there was so much money in it for you at that time, because most people didn't want to endure that. You said, fuck it, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy. I'd be willing to bet.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you listening to this podcast, maybe someone else could look it up.
Speaker 3: I'd be willing to bet. Most violent crimes happened under the influence. I don't think. I don't think humans really have the nuts.
Speaker 2: No, most most violent crimes.
Speaker 3: I don't think humans really have the nuts no to do it.
Speaker 1: I genuinely think think that they have to be under the influence certain homies who was riders, you know, and did they stuff close that door?
Speaker 3: Certain people who did that, who did they stuff? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They were always smoking, sharned, they was always drinking. It's like they didn't want to be bothered with the mental repercussions. Back to the same point you made, that thing is sticking in my head that it might be true.
Speaker 2: I think it's very true. And I've watched people have those moments in real time and it's like, I know what you're doing, what's happening here. But you're absolutely right as far as the influence. I mean, what percentage of domestic violence happens because somebody's been drinking probably seventy eighty ninety. You could have a thousand people in a condensed area in downtown doing business in the daytime. You an't going to see ten fights breakout. But you take a thousand people in the square mile of a bar district at night, if you fights break out every single time.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's true.
Speaker 1: And I talk to people who drink, they really don't be remembering what happened, like it might even be something good and they don't remember it happened.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've done that a hundred times.
Speaker 1: I'm ki, Why would you go out to happen all the night to not remember what happened.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's not deliberate, you know, it's it's it's it's it's that slippery You start sliding down that wet grass on the hill and you're like, oh, it's cool, I'm sliding now. Then your assha, and you're all the way down to the bottom of hell.
Speaker 3: What the hell happened?
Speaker 2: You know, you're trying, You're trying to stay in a in a little window, and most of the time you do. Most of the time you do, but when you start to lose it and fall.
Speaker 3: Out, you don't realize it.
Speaker 2: So you're all the way out, and then when you're all the way out, you're out. M dude, this is a real funny story. So my friend's fortieth birthday, there was three fortieth birthdays being celebrated congruently in Scottsdale over the weekend. I get there Thursday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday's birthday shots and I'm really trying to deliberately stay very, very level of sustainable. Because it was a long weekend, made it all the way through Saturday night. I didn't even get drunk to the point and they could give me shots. It just felt like I was taking a poison ivy trip. The more I had, the more I had to drink, the worse I feel drink achy. I didn't even feel drunk. I felt achy. Then I go see my buddy on Sunday. After all this, everybody's dispersed from my friends in Arizona. We're sitting out barbecuing whatever. Had a couple little He's like, you know, he drinks shots. I usually don't drink shots. We had a couple shots, nothing major. I think maybe three or four. Dude, I swear to god, all of three four previous days just collapsed right on my head right I'm throwing up, I'm funning sleep. It was az You'd think I had thirty shots. It was like, but for whatever reason, all of it just crushed me from the previous three days. At three point thirty pm that afternoon, I just got smashed those awfuls embarrassed as all health.
Speaker 1: It was like I would know how y'all sit around and poison y'allself human beings. Crazy, It's truth, It's true. Oh it's crazy. They'd be like, how you don't drink. I'm like, I ain't never drink. Like, how you don't drink? I'm like like, why would I consciously poison myself?
Speaker 3: And I don't need poison, like you're gonna die?
Speaker 4: But like poison, Yeah, I hear you, typically.
Speaker 3: What if I need that to have fun?
Speaker 1: Let me figure out how to just have fun, Like I don't need a shortcut to having no fucking fun.
Speaker 3: Telling you, most people drink because that.
Speaker 1: It's that same thing that the counselor that I see and Constantine understood about human beings when they were kind of framing doing all the framework for Christianity, and you know, before they presented it, they.
Speaker 3: Understood this natural nature of human beings.
Speaker 1: To just follow. I can't I have people while you drink. I'm like, do it taste good? No, it don't taste good?
Speaker 3: Say why the fuck would you poison yourself?
Speaker 1: Like to get to a point of oh I feel better, I'm like, why not just feel better?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like, if you have problems, why not go fucking deal with the problem.
Speaker 2: Well, people will always People are like water. They will find the path of least resistance every time.
Speaker 1: Good looking out for tuning into the note Seller's podcast.
Speaker 3: Please do us a.
Speaker 1: Favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced by my homeboy A King, for the Black Effect podcast Network nowheard Radio Yeah