Speaker 1: You found the official Second Date Update podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of posers out there.
Speaker 3: You know. It's Frick and Jeffrey in the morning. Thank you so much for being here. And on Tuesdays, if you're new to the Second eight podcast, we always do a little something called the Awkward Tuesday phone Call, and that's where if you're having a hard conversation you don't know how to approach it with any type of relationship. It could be romantic, it could be a friendship, a coworker, you call us for help and we give you very shaky advice.
Speaker 1: But that's why it's free.
Speaker 3: It's free, exactly exactly, and we always start these by reading a couple of comments.
Speaker 1: What do you see, Alexis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, speaking of this being our real Second Date feed, someone asked what our socials are like the Brook and Jeffrey social to know that it's really us and it's always going to be at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's at Brook and Jeffrey and will always be check marked.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I don't want to confuse this, but we don't say official.
Speaker 5: I've seen the fake ones that are like official Brook. We do not. It's not us.
Speaker 1: That's a confusing Yeah, that is a little confusing.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are artificial Yahbrook and Jeffrey with the check mark, and that's true on YouTube too.
Speaker 1: We just passed one hundred thousand, Yeah, which is amazing.
Speaker 3: So we really appreciate you being there.
Speaker 1: And make it sure it's us all right, let's get this going.
Speaker 4: You can never underestimate the importance of being polite to people in your life. Yeah, and it's not always easy, but it shows that you're a good person who cares are Politeness always helps. So how do you politely stab your friend in the back and take what's theirs? You can't. Can't do that and care Jeffrey, you can't do that. I think that you can because that's what one of our listeners needs help doing today, and she has a good reason for doing it. I just know there has to be a polite way to go about it.
Speaker 1: Back staffers always think they got a good reason.
Speaker 4: You're gonna hear what she wants to take away politely from her friend. Oh my god, your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. Next, it's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: You know the story of the unlikely hero, right Brook, which one? I mean, that's just a general, but you said the.
Speaker 5: Specific.
Speaker 4: Let's take this show for example. It was rudderless, flailing, no direction, sinking down into the mud when a young Jewish boy genius who was as charming as he was handsome, hung too, was thrown into the first mike position and the rest is radio history.
Speaker 3: We're wildly successful, and then we're like a little bit less successful now, but things are still afloat.
Speaker 4: We all have stories of unlikely heroes. Thankfully all of you and studio are able to benefit from it.
Speaker 5: So grateful.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just think it's your humility that sets you apart.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not me. I'm not talking about myself. Where it takes my place after me? Okay, that's going to be the real star. They have to be Jewish and they need to Apparently a similar situation happened to one of our listeners and they need our help today desperately. So please welcome to the show. Lexi.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, oh god, sorry Lexi is his ex's name?
Speaker 1: Isah? Are you the unsung hero? My friend?
Speaker 7: I don't think I'm a hero, but I do have a problem.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, okay is very vague. Maybe you have to explain this for us from one hung person to another. Tell us what you're dealing.
Speaker 1: With in your life means he wants to know.
Speaker 4: Tell us what's going on? Why did you email the show?
Speaker 7: So the other week, a friend of mine, a good friend of mine, texted me for a last minute favor. Okay, and his name's Michael.
Speaker 4: Not Brooks.
Speaker 3: Michael, though we don't have to associate everyone with a name.
Speaker 4: We're just making sure it's not Brook's husband, right, No, it is not. So your friend Michael wanted a last second favor.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So he's got this recreational kickball team. You know, it's like one of those like fun leagues. Yeah, exactly, so.
Speaker 1: You need like a fill in.
Speaker 3: It's always hard to get people to show up literally exactly.
Speaker 7: So he's going out of town for a week, and he didn't want to let the team down. And apparently, like if you don't have the players or something, they have to forfeit or like, you know, so's the whole thing. And he asked me if I could step in for him.
Speaker 3: That's nice, all right, It's awesome that he found his own substitute.
Speaker 1: It's usually like whoever put the team together?
Speaker 5: I got into one of those because.
Speaker 4: They just dragged her off the sidewalks a lot of free times. What did you say, did you do it?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I mean I didn't. I don't know anything about this, right, Like, so I was like okay, sure, and I was you know, maybe it'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, how could this possibly cause a issue?
Speaker 7: Well, okay, so I go yeah, and it turns out I might be like a kickball prodigy.
Speaker 1: Oh you can kick that red rubber ball.
Speaker 4: She's got a golden toe.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess I remembered from like third grade.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like, it's not a huge I mean it's a.
Speaker 5: I think it's a very cool and hard skill.
Speaker 4: This is your unlikely hero moment.
Speaker 7: Well, right, so the game I played, we ended up winning, right, so it's like a big deal because apparently this team like just doesn't ever win. Yeah, so they really So this is where they were like, oh my god, you're so awesome, Like it was really fun, and they invited me to go out to the bar afterwards to celebrate. And that's why it got uncomfortable because they're like you, we should keep you, and like Michael should not come back like they were. They were saying, like I should.
Speaker 4: Oh no, they want to kick Michael off the team for you.
Speaker 3: They're gonna meet him in like a week when they're down players, both of you.
Speaker 7: Listen. I thought they were joking, like again, I don't know the holes, like how many people are on a team. But then the team captain he like pulled me aside and he was dead serious. He's like, oh, we we really like to replace Michael.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh did.
Speaker 3: I was on a kickball team and one of the guys on our team was just like what your captain says, like where he wanted to hold practice and take it like really seriously.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, man, that's not.
Speaker 5: What we're doing for the cocktails.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can't do that. You can't replace your friend on his own team.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The problem is because, like I said, I have a little time and I've sort of been looking for a new hobby myself, and everybody was so nice and it was just like such a good feeling and like I don't want to like take his spot, but I kind of want to.
Speaker 5: It kind of it kind of fits.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things that's like wait a second, did you say yes, I will replace him.
Speaker 3: Please don't tell me we're calling Michael to tell him he's kicked off the kickball team.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So he was like he's back in a day or two. And I don't want him to hear it from anybody else. I want to be the one to tell him. I want to talk to him first, because like that would be even worse.
Speaker 4: I have a question, how how serious is this kickball team for Michael.
Speaker 7: Honestly, he's played for a long time, so I guess he's pretty serious.
Speaker 3: It's like being kicked out of your friend group. It's not necessarily about the kickball team. It's like being disinvited to happy hours, got kicked.
Speaker 5: Out because she wasn't reading the books.
Speaker 4: Ever, this is the time when having a young Jewish boy, charming genius on the show would really be useful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, man, where are we going to hire him?
Speaker 4: Since we don't have that, We're just gonna have Brooke and jose give you some advice when we come.
Speaker 5: Back on Catholic.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're really in trouble when we do your awkward Tuesday phone call next, it's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward.
Speaker 4: Tuesday phone call. The Majestic Sports of Kickball goes all the way back to nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 1: I think it's probably older than that.
Speaker 4: Nineteen ninety one day. Okay, you'd think people wouldn't take it as seriously as they do, because it's really just a bunch of buzzed adults drinking beers and kicking a red ball around on a playground.
Speaker 3: But may gets serious if you've played on an adultly.
Speaker 4: I mean, it is a big deal for people, especially the ones who've let the rest of their dreams and life dial the problem. And this is why this awkward Tuesday is going to be a specially awkward because Lexi, one of our listeners, ended up filling in for her good friend while he was away on vacation and ended up doing so well the team has asked her to replace him permanently, and after a few beers at the bar, Lexi was like, heck, yeah, screw Michael, I'll do it. And Michael's coming back from vacation tomorrow, so she needs to break the news to him first before he hears it from someone else. What advice do you have to give for that?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just hard man Lexi, I think that the thing you do to preserve your friendship is you let him know, which is true, that it was their decision. You had nothing to do with.
Speaker 1: It, right, yeah, like it was their choice.
Speaker 2: And on the good side, like first time you get a little sick, you know he's your backup, right right, Yeah, so you know.
Speaker 1: He has something, yeah, to look forward to, possibly.
Speaker 4: View from the bleacher. Jose, what do you.
Speaker 5: Think you need to tell his friends to take him off of the email list and then just tell him the season's canceled?
Speaker 1: What she hasn't be like secretive about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but at least he'll never know his feelings won't be hurt at all.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of avoid Does that sound Lexi?
Speaker 7: No, I don't think. Yeah, reasonable.
Speaker 5: I usually give such sound advice.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on. And here's something that we didn't talk about in the first part. I was going back over your email and we talked about you filling in for him for kickball. But it also says you guys work together and while he was gone, you had to do some of his job too. What you didn't take his job away? Did you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: My gosh, no, no, no, oh, my god, No, you're.
Speaker 5: Not going to take his wife and family.
Speaker 1: She's actually wearing his clothes.
Speaker 5: Noaling his identity.
Speaker 7: I mean our supervisor did say I was more productive, but like I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Oh that hurts. That's like when they give Alexis my task at work and she does it ten times faster.
Speaker 4: I mean it could be anybody we give your job to.
Speaker 5: That is true.
Speaker 7: Maybe he shouldn't have got on vacation. I don't.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 4: Accusatory attitude into this phone call. I'm diving his number right now.
Speaker 6: Good luck, okay, Hello, Hey Michael Flexi.
Speaker 8: Oh hey, how you doing? That was a weird number. I don't recognize. How are you?
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm good.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 7: How was your trip?
Speaker 8: I'm good. I've just been great. Learn a scuba dive. Yeah, it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: Well that's awesome.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 6: I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to say thank you so much for inviting me to like fill it for you on the kickball team. It was like, it was so fun. I don't think I've had that much. They're so great. They're awesome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're like the best. That's awesome. I'm so glad you got to do it. I'm glad you enjoyed it, because I gotta tell you, sometimes they get like really crazy and some of the girls don't like other girls, you know how it gets.
Speaker 7: But oh no, nothing like no, no, no, no. It was everybody was like over the top nice.
Speaker 8: So that's great. That's so cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like, do you really like playing on the team, like real to still talk?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's the greatest. It's like my favorite. I'm so glad I met those people.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: It was like really you know, kind of like going through something in life that I met. Like, it's like just a great group of friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I will say I was a tiny bit hesitant when I went because you talk about like sort of how frustrated you get sometimes with the kickball team.
Speaker 8: And I was like, oh, you know, I didn't know. Well, we we do. Yeah, we lose every time, but it's not really what it's about. I don't think. I think it's just you know, the camaraderie and having a good time together and everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well you know what's cool is we did win. We won, but like.
Speaker 8: The first one in the war, I guess you won.
Speaker 7: Yeah, could you believe in.
Speaker 8: No you did. You didn't win, No, Like I I'm not kidding.
Speaker 7: We actually won, We like solidly won.
Speaker 8: How I mean, how did you win? I mean we're really not We're not good.
Speaker 7: I mean I had a really good night. I think I scored like literally all the goals except for like.
Speaker 8: Two, So it's goals, it's it's points. You scored points.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean whatever I did, I scored them.
Speaker 8: Wow. They must be loving me that I found you.
Speaker 7: Huh yeah about that. So some of these other people on the team sort of like approached me and they thought it might be like just an idea if I just like took your place for a couple games, like just for a few games.
Speaker 8: Who said that?
Speaker 7: Uh? Like like all of them? All of them?
Speaker 8: Really all of them?
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, like the whole like the whole team, all of them. Yep.
Speaker 8: No, what about my sister? What is going on?
Speaker 4: Michael? What's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: We have a lot of heart for you right now? My friend?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what is going on here?
Speaker 1: Lexi?
Speaker 7: Yeah you're on the radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, surprise, LEXI needed our help to break this news to you because we're doing something called an awkward Tuesday phone call to let you know that you're not on a on a losing team anymore, not on any team.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, is that your little sister or your big sister that's on the team.
Speaker 7: My little sister, your little.
Speaker 4: So let his little sister was on board too.
Speaker 7: I don't know she was the first one to think, but she's definitely on board. I don't know what to say other than like, I don't.
Speaker 8: Want to help start this team. I've been on this team for like eight years.
Speaker 4: Oh for eight years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's about the friendship and the fun.
Speaker 2: To him, yeah, maybe you know your friends, it's not about friendship.
Speaker 3: It's just about they just finally got that taste of victory when you were there, and they they want.
Speaker 5: More of it.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I get it. Like she's really good and I'm glad they won and that's awesome and everything, But I don't think that. I don't think I need to be off the team.
Speaker 1: I would agree.
Speaker 7: I don't think so either. I mean, like I would be happy to like swap or what if you're like an altered I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think Michael's sister would like that idea very much.
Speaker 1: Is there maybe a team manager?
Speaker 7: Cheerleader?
Speaker 1: Team manager?
Speaker 4: I like that you wanted to be the water boy, you can.
Speaker 1: Be the guy who sends out all the emails.
Speaker 5: Nobody like that. In charge of the ball.
Speaker 4: We're taking the ball. We're taking away Michael's manhood. One comment, Mike, are you Are you okay?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 8: Not really? I got to talk to the guys who run this because this is not cool.
Speaker 5: Have you been there for eight years and you don't run it?
Speaker 3: Maybe since he's a free agent now, another winning team will pick you up.
Speaker 4: Everybody likes that revenge story. Yeah, of coming back and playing your old team and taking them down.
Speaker 1: Especially if your sister's on the team.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's actually not a bad idea.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 8: I could probably kick forth for them in their backup st Oh wow, yeah.
Speaker 4: There you go, Lexi. It sounds like you have a new league rival.
Speaker 7: I didn't mean to create my worst enemy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I want to tell him about the job thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, job, what about what about my job?
Speaker 5: You're fired?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: That was a job.
Speaker 1: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning. I think being replaced is worse than even being the last kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah on the gym, dude, they tried you, and yeah, I hope the competition actually takes him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gosh, like he actually makes it on another day.
Speaker 3: But honestly, is anyone surprised that their sibling would vote them out?
Speaker 5: No? I mean yeah competitive?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, the sisters he annoys me, get them off. Yeah, yeah, I made Alexis. You'd be the first one to kick your brothers off any team.
Speaker 5: You do the same to you?
Speaker 3: Yeahs oh man, that was awesome. Hey, thank you so much for being here and being part of our podcast. I got a lot of growth for the last year, which has been really amazing.
Speaker 5: And we do have a weird growth.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you for that's a different kind a different time. No, you guys always, I think you love the awkward Tuesdays.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Do we get any comments on this one?
Speaker 4: I did see one that said, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: This was by far the funniest one.
Speaker 5: Oh no, we can't do any more.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be back tomorrow with another second update. Thanks so much for being here. Please subscribe, Sharon like and let's keep that growth going.
Speaker 5: Jo go to the doctor.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't want more descriptions.