Speaker 1: I am all in again. Oh that's kiss you.
Speaker 2: I am all in again with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: It's the I Am all In Podcasts. It's Easton. I'm here with Emily Carota. Thank you so much for taking the time today, missus Kim to the world of Gilmore. We're back here on the Warner Brothers lot. You spent a lot of time here over the years. I'm curious, like coming here every how often would you guys shoot on a typical season, Like, was it like an everyday nine to five thing?
Speaker 2: Oh? Not for me. It was.
Speaker 3: Not for me, but I because I only did like forty eight episodes or something, only forty eight, but it was our shooting days would get longer and longer and longer. So by the end of day five we would often end at five in the morning on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: So that means basically nobody gets a break because we start again at six in the morning on Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there were some grueling days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my goodness. Being how often would you do like an overnight shoot like that? Was that pretty frequently here?
Speaker 2: That was not uncommon? No?
Speaker 1: Uncommon? Yeah, okay, I'm curious being here in the middle of the night. I know, there's there's lots of crew, there's lots of lights and everything. Was it ever like kind of spooky walking around here in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: No, there's so many people on a TV set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay. When we watch Gilmore Girl's Back and we watch you in the antique shop, is there's something about that set that would surprise people, like, Oh, there was like a oh, this is where I'd keep my bottle of water or something like that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I had stuff hiding behind everything. My lines, especially if I had to speak Korean. Oh my god, they were like on furniture on my hand.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I was gonna ask you about that, like how because I mean I've never acted before. Obviously, I'm always so curious, like when someone's like reading a book or something, do you ever put the lines in there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, so, uh you put on the furniture. You just said. That's wild to me.
Speaker 3: I have no pride. Well, especially like the scene where I had to speak the most Korean. We got the script the night before. I said, I don't think I can do this. Well, yeah, you can do this, So I showed up the next morning. Luckily one of my best friends played my mother. Oh awesome Korean, so she saved my butt. I tried them, and I did have things written everywhere and they're like, Emily, we could see your index cardigo Okay, sorry.
Speaker 1: Sorry sorry. Do people come up to speaking Korean expecting you to like when fans.
Speaker 2: Recognize her never believe it or not? Never?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, because that would I would be like, oh God, what do I do? What's your? Is there like a memory that from making the show that stands, like when you look back on Gilmour Girls, especially being here at the Warner Brothers a lot, is there something that kind of rises to the top, like one of your favorite memories?
Speaker 3: Probably some of the scenes, I mean some of the scenes were just so beautifully written. Yeah, absolutely beautifully written. And we had the luxury of our producer was Kreamy American, and so her parents are from Korea, so she kept everything so very down to earth, realistic, not stereotypical at all. So everything was so real and and they built such a wonderful relationship between me and my daughter that, like the wedding was terribly painful, joyous at the same time. But the best scene, my favorite scene, and it's caith Cooas's favorite scene too, I think, is where she lies to me for the first time. And that's just devastating and that was so beautifully written. Yes, and I didn't realize until I saw the documentary what Kaiko was doing.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, dude, no wonder.
Speaker 3: It was so powerful, you know for me, I because we don't talk about what we do. We don't talk about where is mister Kim or who we we don't talk about anything.
Speaker 2: We just live the moment, you know, of course.
Speaker 3: So here it is twenty five years later, and finally then I hear what she was doing. I said, oh, that makes sense. It was just beautiful. What you know, what her thought process was as the daughter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's watching you guys interact is It's such a beautiful thing. And I think seeing that representation on television is so important too, especially like in the early two thousands. I don't know, I just it's you played such a special character and there's so many people that connect so strongly with you and Lane and I just from on behalf of the fans. I just want to thank you for doing that. This has been so much fun. Emily, thank you so much for sitting down with me and uh and Chance some memories?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you having fun here today?
Speaker 2: You love it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so great. Do you ever have you been? Have you been on the You've been on the tour here?
Speaker 2: Right? You haven't done it one of these days?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Yeah, I mean you can probably give the tour.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was there when you first came here to do Gilmore Girls? Was there, like, was there something that like caught your eye, like, oh I remember that from Batman or something like that or anything you remember.
Speaker 2: No, I don't watch too much TV or movie. Wow, and I'm in this business.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you're such a phenomenal actor, so.
Speaker 2: At least I'm not, you know, awestruck.
Speaker 3: Very often I'm like, who are you? Sorry? Big deal.
Speaker 2: Bringing this job? Then?
Speaker 1: Well, once again, thank you so much for taking the time. Is so much fun and we have so much more fun here to have here at Warner Brothers today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do, all right, Thank you so much. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Dot Hey, everybody, don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com,