Speaker 1: Welcome to Good Game with Sarah Spain, where we're worried we might not have enough screens or subscriptions to watch all the college basketball conference tournaments this week. Why do streaming services limit the number of devices that can be logged into an account? And why do I only have one pair of eyes? It's Wednesday, March fifth, and on today's show, we'll be talking with ESPN and Anscape commentator Ari Chambers about the high quality hoops r alma mater, NC State is playing, her favorite to win this year's NCAA Championship, players who could take leaps in the WNBA thanks to their plan unrivaled, and her immense unique impact on the women's sports space. It's all coming up right after this, joining us now, she's a commentator for ESPN and Ascape covering all things women's sports. Back in twenty nineteen, she founded Highlight, her Bleacher reports multi channel portfolio brand focused on female athletes and teams, and she created the now ubiquitous phrase the WNBA is so important. A former Forbes Sports thirty Under thirty and an NC State grad still celebrating that big hoops win over Notre Dame, It's Ari Chambers what's up Ari?
Speaker 2: How packed first and foremost, Sarah, In case you didn't know, Conference champions, regular season, number one seed in ACC tournament, we're NC State around these parts as you can see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I figured I should start with that because we weren't going to get very far if I didn't ask you about that first. So your NC State team has this insane win over then number one Notre Dame. I believe you were in studio hosting a pregame. Someone told you to tuck away your wolf pack because you were making it so clear, which, by the way, hilarious phrase. Take us back to that, to that game and that upset.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I was like, why am I not in Raleigh? But then I thought about it, It's probably best I'm not in Raleigh. As journalists, we have to remove ourselves, right, remove our bias. But there's a certain sense of pride witnessing what Wes Moore has been able to do with this NC State team in the past decade that he's been there. I was there at the tail end of coach Kyo going into Kelly Harper days and so just to see the turnaround of the resurgence of North Carolina State has been great to witness. But going into the game pregame, talking to Sanaia Rivers, she was saying how the energy on campus was great. The students were camping out the night before, Coach West Moore is obviously up for Coach of the Year, and so outside of the basketball of it all, they were playing for something much greater. College game day doesn't come to NC State very often. It's something that they really cherished and they wanted to put on for their team. And a lot of times when we talk about collegiate basketball, pro basketball, basketball in general, urg sports in general, it goes beyond just the x's and o's and just it can be a pride thing, an ego thing, I'm going to protect my court thing, And that's what you saw with NC State going into the game. It's backcourt versus backcourt. Right it was Olivia Miles, Hannah Heldago, Sonny Sitchron, and then you have Ziah Snaya and honestly, Zoe throws at the top of Maddie Hayes. So you have those those big three versus big three within a quick conference and the pace is great. The athletes are great top to bottom, But what NC State was able to do is throw the first punch. Whenever you have a situation where two elite teams, who's said in the tempo, who was really getting out throwing that first punch. When I saw I think it was Azia Dans that three, I said, Oh, we're in for a good game. And it was one of the best games I've seen all year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a nine to zero double overtime run from NC State to hold off Notre Dame. They held the Irish scoreless for four minutes. This is just one of those games. Like you said that, it's about more than just the matchup, and it does probably help the team to learn that students are camping out and that it matters right and watching that in women's sports over the last couple of years, women's hoops in particular, where the women's games are as big of a deal on campus as the men's, where the lines are out the door. It's just such a different atmosphere than what I went to college viewing when you probably even went to college.
Speaker 2: See its true.
Speaker 1: And you know a perfect example of that is how hype the city of Los Angeles gets every time USC and UCLA meet. This is two programs on the rise, two programs full of superstars, and the city knows it. And you know, we're kind of getting used to celebrities sitting front row for women's hoops, whether it's college or pros. But that doesn't make it any less cool when we see it. Let's talk about USC Ucla. Ucla looked unbeatable for such a long stretch. They were sitting at the number one spot and USC owns them. Juju Watkins owns them. What do you make of the matchups that you've seen?
Speaker 2: So it was the battle arguably of the national player of the year. You have Lauren Betts on UCLA Juju Watkins on USC, both very talented players, both very different ways, different positions. Lauren Betts draws so much defensive attention in the pancas what can you do? Triple teamer and the like, hoping the best right, she still had a good scoring night, and Kiki Rice really showed up for UCLA. But when Juju got out there, I don't know what it is. I mean, I guess it's the cross city rivalry. Juju shows up in the biggest way against the crosstown rival She just does. And when she shows up in that way, she allows other teammates to step up. She shows them that hey, we're here, it doesn't matter if it's our court or not. Like I'm gonna I'm gonna do what I need to do with the ball. I'm gonna open it up for you and draw that attention and make sure that you get your shots off too, and then just set the standard for what USC basketball is. Juju was so effective on both ends of the floor it was nuts. I remember it was what third quarter when she was going up got blocked, Then the next two possessions got two blocks. So it's just it's effort on both sides of the court. It's having your superstar player be a superstar at the right time, and USC clicking going into March Madness saying, hey, I feel like we're a little underestimated. Even though we've been comfortably in the top ten all season, we're still underestimated because we still have a bone to pick because we're still beating UCLA, right. So that's what I think. I think that Juju on both ends doesn't get talked about enough. Like her defensive prowess is there. Yes, offensively, she can get a shot from every spot on the floor that you could possibly thinks. She's soky smooth when she's handling the ball. She can drive and get the ball in. She can you know, pull from rain, she can get the midi going. But defensively, especially if you pope them pair, she's swatting your thing. She's gonna pick your pockets. And it's exactly what we saw with going back to Notre Dame. Hannah Heldago has been historically want to do that, but Juju brought that against Ucla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty points this last time out. She's put up thirty or more in all four games against UCLA, So she gets up for those matchups. I think a lot of the regular season when UCLA was winning games, the thought was there are only so many teams that have a big that can compete with Lauren Betts and that I looked ahead to the tournament and thought, Ucla is going to be tough to be because of that size and because if you decide to just keep feeding her, who's going to step up? But we've seen a couple teams figure out how to strategize to slow her down and to take out Ucla. When you look at all these teams now seasons basically, don't do this.
Speaker 2: Don't do this, team Sarah, keep going, but don't do it.
Speaker 1: Who is the real number one in the country.
Speaker 2: The parody is so prominent within the landscape right now, and I'm not going to cop out. I'm going to answer. I think the number one team right now is different from who can perform well in a final four. Right So, you look at the South Carolinas of the world. They are made for that moment. They are made for a final four, They're made for a championship game because they're accustomed to it. This is one of the winningest classes that has come through South Carolina. Don Staley knows how to coach in big moments. These players know how to play in big moments. I have them as a final fourteen, not only with what the pieces they have, but the experience they have within this type of run. Texas has been impressing me. I again, just Maddy Booker worried Harman being not injured anymore. Just the pieces that Texas has has been strong and they have kind of been flying, flying under the radar because you know, they're sharing a conference with the usc s and LSU's of the world, and so South Carolina and Texas are the ones I have my eye on and I want to see again. This is not your question, Sarah. I'm so sorry for doing this. I hate to be this person, but I want to see how Notre Dame takes the end of what conference was and turns it around for themselves, if they can turn it around, because Neil Ivey said, this is not a chess piece thing, this is a will to win that we have lost within last week, and Sony Citron was sitting next to her at that press conference disappointed. She said that there's only so much you can do if you don't have the will to win again. They want to get back to their defensive identity. And then Hannah heldago, when you are offensively that strong and you don't see your shots dropping, you get frustrated. But that frustration is felt within your entire roster. So how can you harness that and have the maturity to go through a postseason when the end of the conference did not necessarily go your way? And so that's what I'm looking forward to in March, Madness. But to answer your question, I would not put money against South Carolina, especially with the senior class that it's going through. I have them in a championship game. I want to see Connecticut and their big three. Is there going to be justice for Paige? And this is exactly what you want in page Az and Sarah when they're all healthy, they're one of the most dominant three headed monsters that exist in college basketball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an unfair question.
Speaker 2: There's like you didn't answer at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, you didn't answer, but it was unfair. There's so much parity. But also to your point about shots, there are players that if they get hot, that team will not lose, and that same exact team could lose by twenty if someone's Jay is off because there's that much talent out there and they're and and great coaching, right, we're talking about elite level coaching to strategize against the different strengths. And I'm more confused heading into this tournament than I've ever been in terms of trying to try to make picks. It's going to be it's going to be really difficult. I love chaos, though, I mean the chaos is fun.
Speaker 2: I think that chaos is great. I don't know the brackets I mean, is they're a brocketbuster.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I feel like on the men's side, I like chaos because I don't care about any of them, so I'm like, this is fun. On the women's side, I invested in some of these players get getting their due, getting far enough for people to recognize how great they are, getting the benefit of what it means to go deep in a tournament and how fans start to recognize you and know you, and it helps with your sponsorships, and it helps with your you know how you're going to succeed at the pros. So it's harder for me in the women's game to embrace chaos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but how do you choose which one, Sarah? How do you choose like this one? This one? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know I turn into one of those. I hope everybody has fun people. It's a real problem.
Speaker 2: Go for.
Speaker 1: Go sports, right, Are there players you think we're not talking about enough this season?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean we have the Tonay laps into the world, who has been.
Speaker 1: She's been leading the league in scoring nuts right all season long. But her team isn't the one we talk about, ye.
Speaker 2: Even though they're like the top twenty five, which is confusing itself. Why we don't talk about anyways, but I want to shine light on somebody that transferred from NC State and took it upon herself to go to an HBCU, Diamond Johnson, and let's just talk about Norfolk State in general. They have twenty six straight home wins and that leads D one basketball. We don't talk about that. That's the longest ACTIVITY one home winning streak and the third consecutive season with twenty five wins, and so just that that excellence alone, and this is Diamond has transferred. She has really been an impact player on that program. She's the only active D one player with more than two thousand points, six hundred rebounds, three hundred niney assist and three hundred steals. So she's stacking the stat sheet. She's so impactful for that Norfolk State team and just being able to have a homecoming of sorts, right going to an HBCU, going where you feel like you're appreciated in producing the results you have. We don't talk about Diamond Johnson enough. And that's just the landscape of women's basketball, not only having Perry. Yes, we can't have your attention everywhere, but I really implore people to pay attention to HBCU sports more years ago we had somebody who was averaging a quadruple double, right, we have we have like the Angel Jackson's of the world who are playing in Athletes Unlimited. So there are players that come from that just have such rich history. When I was in college, Hampton was running things. So I just implore people to check out HBCUs a little bit more. Diamond Johnson is killing it well.
Speaker 1: There are going to be a lot of teams and players to check out and get familiar with ahead of the tournament because it's going to be absolutely wild. We had to take a quick break. When we come back more with Ari Chambers, let's talk about unrivaled because you've done some drop ins down in Miami or else we call it Tampa Bay, and you've checked in on this. What's your biggest takeaway so far from this first season, this first iteration of this thing. We didn't quite know what to expect from before it started.
Speaker 2: My biggest takeaway is people are enthusiastic to invest in women's sports. They created this league rapidly, like the most expeditioned way, but got buy in from so many people. And that shout out to Kirby Porter, Chloe Pablick, obviously Stewie and Fee, but just the out to this out the ones who were really behind this and ideated what it could be and listen to the players as they signed on, we want this. Everything that the players request from the front office of Unrivaled, it gets done. And so it's instead of a oh, we can't do this, they're like, oh, we got you. And so that's the whole theme of Unrivaled. I'm excited about the player buy in initially from it. I'm excited about the intrigue that the audience has. They're really curious about what's going on there. Three three on three is not going to be everybody's cup of tea. That's just the truth of the matter. It's and it's a very different format than FOBA three x three and so that's an adjustment. That's what I had to adjust to because it's a modified full court and it's just a very different style of play than what you would see at the Olympic years or FOBA. So just generally players are satisfied because they see their needs being met. It's a it's a great way to stay stateside during the off season and a great way to develop around other stars players so that you can keep your skill set refined and honestly more attention and detail. When it comes to three on three in the way they're doing it, there's no room for help. It's a full court situation, so you have to mock in defensively. Then you have to be in shape enough to run back and forth like that. And unfortunately, because of the structure of the game, some players have faced injuries so they're getting back. But like just in general, it keeps you in shape off season. The level competition is high, you have to sharpen your skills in order to produce. And then the camaraderie within the teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you talk about sharpening the skills. I think that there are players who are going to get back to the w significantly improved as a result of having this opportunity to be extremely focused on specific skill sets that aren't as important in the five on five game and or that are harder to concentrate on when you're still working on you know, going out to a foreign country, learning how to communicate, learning how to work with a whole new team, all this other stuff like this is a very constant rated opportunity, and I wonder if there's players that you think specifically you're going to notice a difference because of the work and the improvement that they did at Unrivaled.
Speaker 2: I think Ray Burrell and Aliah Edwards both really stick out to me in that way. And it's just with Ray Burrell. She has faced injuries in her first few years of like her last years of college, early years of pro and so getting the reps on court and in showcasing what you can do is great. Aliah Edwards, she's a Canadian Olympian if anything. Returning to the Mystics, she has a whole new fan base from her performances at Unrivaled. You have a Chelsea Gray who people did not recognize as the Point God, which is confusing in his own right. I employ everybody to look up their history. But she's back in full swing because she's been reading what we've been saying online by we and min y'all, because I didn't forget right. So like the Point God's back in full form, being able to find her teammates and just showing why she's the Point God. Skyler digg and Smith is another one. If anything, it just reminded us how she's a dog and she Skyler has such a way she just does not like to lose, and every possession she's locked in, every single like, no matter if it's good, bad, or ugly or pretty, she is going to be just as focused possession out the possession, which is a big factor of why the Lunar Owls are in the position that they're in. But she's going to bring that into the league and you see the expectation of excellence that can be within the WNBA because of the competition displayed at unrivaled.
Speaker 1: Angel Reese is also an interesting one to watch because she's been working with Lisa Leslie. There in the podcast that they did where Lisa was just like flat out like I don't like how you shoot your layups, and we're going to work on that and you're going to get better. I think she clearly already has such a huge bag, but she's going to be able to refine that there.
Speaker 2: Thank you for bringing her up, because you know, I look at Angel, she has everything and I'm so proud of her. And then I'm even more proud of the fact that she wants to get better basketball wise, because Angel is making a concerted effort to sharpen those skills, like we were saying, and to recognize the Vets. Angel has always been like this. Angel has always gone up to Vets after games or during downtime saying, how can I get better? And to learn from the Lisa Leslie herself, to learn from the trainers that are made available at Unrivaled so that you can prove yourself right. I don't think Angel cares about the noise around her. Is just to prove herself right and to get sharper so that she can continue to solidify herself as a solid player within the league, not just businesswoman, but a solid athlete within this league. Is a great thing, and you can only benefit from Angel Reese playing better basketball, and she is playing better basketball.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see her come back to this guy and see what she's working with, especially with a veteran point guarden Courtney van der Slute. Watching her play an Unrivaled with someone that knows how to work with her and get the best out of her has been really cool. So I'm excited for that. Are there players who have surprised you in this format? Obviously the one v one showed us a whole lot of bigs with more handles than we expected, more endurance than we expected. I thought for sure, like obviously the size was going to help them defensively and in terms of covering court space. But I was surprised at how fit the bigs are and how difficult they made it on some of these littles with great handles that couldn't get a single shot off or couldn't get it going. And I wonder if anyone surprised you the same way, or if you think they're going to go back to their teams and it's going to be a little bit clear that we need to make some space for them on the win to get to get it done.
Speaker 2: I mean, so I think it's all of that. I think that I couldn't confidently say that they were going to be able to do that at the beginning of the season. I think the unrivaled has whipped them in a shape, okay, and like you're going with the mentality of like what you're used to in five on five, but then you've been playing three on three and knowing that you have to get your fitness there, and so when it came time for one on one, they were they were ready to do it. I'm really pleasantly surprised with I'm gonna say, Brittany Grinder. I know that she's gonna take some of the questionable shots from the three point are you know why not because it is unrivaled. But as far as shape and just really being able to continue to move, I'm proud of her for I see a week over a week improvement with that. Nefisa, I mean, she's just nuts. I anticipated her business. I mean I anticipated that like this. This is not a shock to Mefisa. It's your she founded the league. She's coming off of the finals where she doesn't like the results of it, and she has a chance to showcase her her talents on a very microscopic level, like you can hone in on these players in a way that you can't macroscopic. Bag ye period Sonfisa is the one that I'm like, oh, you wanted to prove to people you are who you say you are, and she done that.
Speaker 1: And she is, Yeah, what do you think other leagues could learn other than to your point? I obviously the investment is there. They also benefit a ton from You don't have to pay for travel, you don't have to pay for hotels you don't have to pay for, you know, facility space for each team, all that other stuff they've they've made the most out of figuring out how to create this home base that lets them spend on the other things that players want outside of maybe investment. What do you think other leagues in women's sports or otherwise could learn from Unrivaled?
Speaker 2: Well, I want to touch on what you just said about them not having to do all these extra things. That was my frustration with the general public when Unrivaled first got announced of like, hey, w NBA needs to do this. I'm like, you don't realize what the WNBA. It's a team by team basis. These are team decisions. They have to travel, they're not all one location. It's a league that started in ninety seven, so the novelty of it is not going to be the same. But what can learn is that once you get player buy in, you can create whatever content you want. What I love about Unrivaled is that marketing wise, they really make a concerted effort to do the full team, even though they do only have six on their team, a full team showcase of personalities and storytelling. They ask they let the athletes do the trends that they want, which again can be a conflict when it comes league side or team side on the w n B a perspective because of commercial use music, it's a whole different thing, but just in general, the marketing just showcasing the full scope of players social media being a little looser with that network deal negotiations, and I understand that's a very unique perspective with negotiating with WBD with that, but they really lucked out, and it's a great luckout, if you can call it that, because they were paid what their work. And I think.
Speaker 1: There's discovery for those who are unfamiliar with all talk.
Speaker 2: But just making sure that going for the leagues that are to come are the leagues that are existing. Knowing that women's sports valuation is up high, knowing that you can sell this merch you can market them well. You can. You can really lean into your player personalities, you can hype it up. Hype it up. If nothing else, HiPE it up so you can make it appealing to the audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think their creativity was off the charts and the way that they introduced each player or each team, all that was huge. But your content point is a massive one. It's something I talked to fee about when she was on the show, which is if you get the players to believe in what you're doing and think you're doing it in a way that's good, they are more willing to give you their time and effort. And you see the way that they are having fun creating content for the GRAM for the different team sites. It feels different than in a lot of w spaces, and again there is more freedom, there is a different there's different rules, there's different sponsors, etc. But I think sometimes when there's less of a connection between ownership and players, there is less of a buying from the players to do whatever it takes to help build. And in this case, they have equity and they understand that the growth of Unrivaled is the growth of their piggy banks as well, so they feel very connected to those efforts. And you know, having been an owner of the Red Stars, I struggled sometimes with wanting the players to get more involved in helping their own cause. But I also understood that demanding of players without extra money for their time and effort is hard to do if they're not bought in on what you're doing. At the top and who you are at the top, and so it's an interesting question. Yeah, it's been interesting to watch Unrivaled and how in sync every piece of it feels from top to bottom, which is what happens when you've got players running the show and players who know what other players want.
Speaker 2: I wonder what that looks like for the WNBA, though, like when you get back to your team, if individual games can re strategize how to do content with them, because I don't think that it's a lack of effort on the league side. I know for a fact it's not lack of effort on the league's side. And for teams, I'm sure they're doing what they can. But you do have to count in the away games. You do have to count in the fatigue. The overall it's just so much. It's so different. That's why you see an influx of content during media daytime, and then it kind of fees out because they're locked in.
Speaker 1: And they have lives, they have things to do. Right Unrivaled, I mean there are it is hard to compare in a lot of ways, just because it's a very different situation. It's an eight week bubble versus this multi month thing. But there are some interesting things to look at and to learn from. You've been at this women's sports game forever, well before everybody else was on board. How does it feel for you personally to see this incredible growth in recent years. I'm curious, especially because I think it's awesome when people say to me, oh, Sarah, you were You've been doing this forever. You've been, you know, doing it at espnW for fifteen years. You were right, you were telling everybody. And it feels good, and it also feels bittersweet because it's like, yeah, if there had just been more of this investment and media attention and everything else, we could have been here so much sooner. So it's it's nice and it's also a little I.
Speaker 2: Told you yeah. And I don't want to come off sounding like a dark cloud or like Daria or something. Daria just want to make sure. I just want to make sure that when we have this surge of I want to invest, I want to invest, I want to want to buy into this, that it's sustained. That is what the word novelty keeps coming up to me. And it's just I want to make sure that the capitalizing off the moment is beyond the moment in the movement, it's literally just the norm. I want this to be the norm, not a movement, not a moment, but the norm, because, like you said, it's been a great thing. We've been telling people it's great, and I want to make sure that it stays innovative enough, or I want people to just put it in their everyday lives enough that we don't have to push and keep fighting and keep fighting to sustain what we have right now. So I'm proud that the old ceiling is the new floor, but I can't wait to see how we continue to build in the women's sports space and allow so much more opportunity to come. That's where I'm at with it. Also, not to get to I can take this there, but I want to make sure all women are protected. All women are protected, and so that's what I'm worried about, because when when a group of people are being targeted, that puts everything in women's sports that we've been working to achieve at risk. And so that's something that I'm going to be looking at for and fighting for forever.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people don't seem to recognize that they're very shortsighted in their pursuit of certain legislative goals, completely blind to the long term effects it can have on larger things, including just the existence of Title nine altogether.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also I think it sounds like you've ended up in a place that I've ended up, Which is why this show exists, Which is the understanding that it can't constantly be a novelty and a new unicorn that arrives that gets people fired up and interested and then they go away. It's about sustained knowledge and understanding of the games, players, leagues, and events. And we've been doing that for men's sports for one hundred years, and in women's sports. We fail so much as a media to give people consistent connective tissue to tie together to care about at the largest levels, not content creators like you that have been doing it forever, but at the largest levels. We drop in for championships, and we come back for the start of the season, and we miss everything in the middle, and then we ask why people aren't invested. And you don't need a novelty of a new superstar every five months if you have existing stars and rivalries and storylines and they used to play here and now they're here and all the other things that keep us invested on the men's side. That's what we need to provide at the best and highest level in the women's sports world for people for it to be sustainable. Is there something you think people are still getting wrong about women's sports or something you wish people knew or understood.
Speaker 2: I wish people knew that Title nine is at risk and that we have to continue to fight for women's equity, equality and resources. I wish people knew that you don't have to be reliant on megastorylines to be invested. I wish the people who want to be in our spaces Sarah know that they don't have to wait for their yes. They can tell the stories on their own. We have all the tools we need with social media your phones to be able to cover the sport in the way that we want to. There's so much room in space for everybody who's enthusiastic and passionate about this to be involved and to contribute, and so your contribution isn't based on major network backing. I want people to know that these athletes are human and they're also athletes, and we don't have to coddle them, but we also should not put them in a position to lose. It's our responsibility if you assume that, to continue to do the things we're doing, and those who are overconfident in the place of women's sports right now, I just I really want you to maintain that optimism and continue to be privy to what's going on in the sports landscape.
Speaker 1: Be vigilant. If you are listening and you care about this stuff and you're like, oh, but I don't know this or that, or I'm not connected to this. That Ari is the most incredible example of someone who is just like, this is something that matters to me, This is something people should care about. So I'm just going to start showing up and doing the work. And now you're with ESPN and you're traveling all over the world and you're just killing it, and you're so a great example of putting the work behind the passion and then seeing where that takes you, and so many people could learn from from that. Before I let you go, what's next? Because we focused on basketball, But I mean, girl, you're covering gymnastics, you show up for the cheerleading stuff, you're for brands like, do you have anything cool coming up?
Speaker 2: We should know about Well, first, y'all should know that gymnastics and cheer are my first love. Anyway, She's a basketball gally, but she's also a gym and cheergirly. I'm going right back down to Unrivaled, and then obviously we have March Madness chaos, but I never miss a gymnastics championship. I have some fun things playing with cheering gymnastics in April. Two very different sports though, don't get it twisted, but get it twisted, twist, but just just I know this again was not the question, But anybody out there who's enthusiastic about women's sports, make your own content and see where it takes you. I just really get excited to see new creators every single day pushing the game for it. So yes, I'm gonna be pushing. I just finished up my sideline assignments at Athletes Unlimited, which is another greatly that serves as an opportunity for players to sharpen their game, whether it's w NBA or you know, professional basketball any other level. But I just finished that assignment, going down Unrivaled next week, and then taking a much needed vacation because we need to pour from a full cup for your saucer and then going into march madness.
Speaker 1: You say that as I'm down to my final breath and my last my last straw here on my many many many city vacation slash work trip. So pourn from a full cup is something I'm unfamiliar with, but I'm gonna work on that.
Speaker 2: We'll get it together.
Speaker 1: We got this, Ari, Thank you so much for the time. We love you so much and hope to see you in Tampa.
Speaker 2: Sarah, you will see me in Tampa, and we're gonna frolic. We're gonna we.
Speaker 1: Aren't gonna follow it. Thanks so much to Ari for hopping on. We have to take another break. When we return, a wildcat joins a duck and a hawkeye. Welcome back, Slices. We love that you're listening, but we want you to get in the game every day too, So here's our good game play of the day. Follow Ari on social media. She's at ari ivory on most everything. We'll link to her profiles in our show notes. Also, Ari's right, We've told you this on the show. Title nine is at risk. We tend to talk about it a lot at a macro level, but there might be some Title nine issues happening closer to home than you think. If you live near a school, high school, college, or otherwise. If you have kids in your local schools, tap in with local groups, do a little research about how you can get involved in supporting the law and the girls and women athletes and non athletes in your area. We always love to hear from you, so hit us up on email good game at Wonderbdia network dot com or leave us a voicemail at eight seven two two oh four fifty seventy, and don't forget to subscribe, rate and review. It's easy watch Kentucky's Georgia Amore joining an exclusive club rating three out of three Superstars review. Heading into this season, just two Division one women's basketball players in history had scored over twenty three hundred career points and posted at least eight hundred career assists, but that number is now three. Kentucky's Georgia Amore joined Iowa's Caitlin Clark and oregon sabrinian Escu, hitting the eight hundred assist mark in late January and the twenty three hundred point mark in mid February. After Kentucky's regular season finale last weekend a lost to South Carolina. Amore sits at two thy, three hundred and seventy nine career points and eight hundred forty eight career assists. Congrats to Georgia Amore. You're in rare air with Clark and Yonescu. Now it's your turn slices, rate and review. Thanks for listening, See you tomorrow. Good a good game, NC State. You anyone who isn't loving all this parody of women's college basketball? Are you not entertained? Good Game with Sarah Spain is an iHeart women's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Production by Wonder Media Network, our producers are Alex Azzie and Misha Jones. Our executive producers are Christina Everett, Jesse Katz, Jenny Kaplan, and Emily Rudder. Our editors are Emily Rutter, Britney Martinez, and Grace Lynch. Our associate producer is Lucy Jones and I'm your host Sarah Spain