Speaker 1: The volume, much better start today. Eric says, very very correct. It's great to see you guys. Welcome to Hoopson. I here at the volume. I've on playback and we are going to be covering game four, I should say, rewatching game four of the twenty twenty two NBA Finals today. I have not rewatched this game since. You know, I've seen the highlights of Steph's night a few times going around on Twitter, but I have not reached rewatched this game in a long time. Jackson. What's your like flashpoint memory of this game before we started up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: I was producing the Draymond Green Show at this point, and I had attended game one, which was a Celtics game one on the road. Steal uh and Sowter comeback right there, quarter comeback. They made a bunch of three is Derek Waye, Al Horford, Mark smartro Cash in Three's game one and then.
Speaker 4: You know it's at this point Selly Strup.
Speaker 3: They split the next two after that, Celtics Thrup two to one, and that you were We're getting a little bit of like is the left forcing the Celtics left thing going to be an issue? There was like when I was doing the research for this game. I forgot that Steph was kind of banged up in Game three because Marcus Smart had dove on his her do for a loose ball kind of rolled up on his ankle a little bit. So even some questions was Steph not that if what he's going to play? It's the NBA Finals, But like was he how healthy is Steph Curry? Oh no, it's his twenty fifteen all over again or whate twenty sixteen all over again. But I was still feeling reasonably confident as a Celtics fan. And but there was like a little bit of the are the Warriors defensively figuring out a little bit how to guard the Celtics, which was a little worrisome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I know I think you had told me once upon a time that Draymond like told you that like early in this series that they were like, we're going to get this thing done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's any issue with me sharing this at this point because he's talked about it since. Is that after Game one when the Celtics won, he was so confident, he was like, Oh, we're gonna We're gonna beat them easily. And I was like, what do you mean you're gonna beat them easily? They just won the game. He was like, yeah, now, as long as Steve lets me guard Jalen Brown. He's like, what you never know, because like sometimes matchups aren't that simple. He's like, but as long as Steve lets me gud Jaleen Brown, I think we're gonna win.
Speaker 2: I was like, what the heck is this guy talking about?
Speaker 1: Well, you first told me that story. I was like, what a cool fucking story, Like you literally what a cool little slice of NBA history that down one zero in the series, Draymond straight up called his shots it was certain, and then came back and got the deal done. But uh, I, you know, on the basketball front, I remember the big story of this series centered around the Celtics coverages basically not blitzing ball screens or really switching ball screens. They started to do some switching down the stretch of this game, if I remember correctly, but it basically centered around like, how are the Warriors gonna guard Jaylen Brown? Because Andrew Wiggins kind of had Jason Tatum under control for the most part, but it was like, how are the year is gonna guard Jalen Brown, and then are the Celtics gonna be able to handle Steph Curry in ball screens because they were running essentially a modified high drop where they were trying to not allow the pocket pass, essentially like bringing the big up high enough to get a late contest on threes, but not necessarily so high that it's the easy four on threes off of the drop offs. And Steph was just torching that by hitting like really tough pull up threes. But I also remember him hitting some super tough shots that just happened in like the flow of the game, like tough transition pull ups, tough like off the catch when moving type of shots. So I just remember it being like a shot making display from Steph. And I also remember some really good on ball defense from Clay in this game. But again, we haven't watched this in years, so I'm really excited to get into it. We're gonna start it right up today. We're gonna watch the entire game. Well, I we'll see how we do exactly for time, but the plan is as of right now to watch the entire game and we're just gonna talk through it and enjoy it altogether.
Speaker 4: All right, right, you can see this, right, I right can see this.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do it Junior his first guard of the play.
Speaker 3: Then as as the last time, let us know from the game volume if it's too loud, too quiet, whatnot?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you go up to the tiny bitch.
Speaker 3: The lineup change going from from Rooney to Auto quarters on the Warriors.
Speaker 1: Gotcha the last time Auto Border was healthy for his moment right guarded. Celtics got a little four on three there and picked up.
Speaker 5: The roller take away into defense right there, an easy pick.
Speaker 6: And to me, it's basically says we're going to try to win it offensively, at least early in the ball game.
Speaker 1: Because he's reading the physicality of NBA playoff defense. Jay Brown, there's day Brown is take too.
Speaker 2: He's shown he's a month he really lost then.
Speaker 1: Left the inside hand. That's you know, there's a shout out. Don Banks players back.
Speaker 2: Into used to forge people with.
Speaker 1: That movement, like Hans with the left is crazy.
Speaker 2: You got them on the block and on the offensive boards. I hate him on step.
Speaker 1: Look at how they're shrinking into the driving way and see like it's io ball, but there's no driving way.
Speaker 2: Blue hand in the cookie yard.
Speaker 7: Steph Perry, I found trouble in game three, picks up the first one just over a minute.
Speaker 2: In the game four, Jacob and the chot.
Speaker 3: What happened out of border is he got hurt and basically never played.
Speaker 2: Or chill because you're right.
Speaker 4: He bawled out that.
Speaker 1: That was what he just had, such a smooth young shot man.
Speaker 2: He wanted tom his leg.
Speaker 4: I mean that's basically just like they have to rotate.
Speaker 2: He couldn't play basketball.
Speaker 4: Is it's so crazy this stat? Get thirty four percent from the field four percent.
Speaker 1: Just one yeah, like a dasts in his career. Like, uh, the finals just felt a little big for him. But he did hit you three points.
Speaker 2: That the ball finch just to Marcus Smart smart too. Defense.
Speaker 1: See how Robert Williams is up but not up super high, like he's there to offer a contest, but he's not creaking away to pull up off, which we haven't seen very much of.
Speaker 3: That that was that was that I think Warriors spending the correction he doesn't always yet, but getting that probably the slightly just ticky tackle.
Speaker 2: One on the other end, he got his own right after.
Speaker 1: For as great as Lebron and Steph were, and they're the two best players of their era. Neither of them were good at grift thing. They never had that part of their game.
Speaker 2: For your three still one.
Speaker 5: Points, Jack, You coach Curry for three years.
Speaker 1: Did he It's such a bummer because he was slam says, it's such a bummer because he was the perfect fit for what the Dugs new from the four.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like just a big, versatile defender that can hit threes, drive close out to play in the remake a to me.
Speaker 8: This is the first time.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's crazy that in response to the ankle or not, the modern bast lost specially that auto border, Like this version of auto border is almost certainly.
Speaker 3: Like the more contributes more towards playoff winning basketball than Jonathan Kers.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's the simple basketball philosophy that I think so many people get struggle to figure out with this commune situation. You're we talked about it with Jamal Murray all the time, Like your value is.
Speaker 2: Unique is the three.
Speaker 1: Tatum and the Warriors just put an extremely high emphasis on basketball like in the row because they generate so many four on threes that are going towards the basket.
Speaker 7: Like just spot up shooting essentially smart play lost Tatum there.
Speaker 1: And once again Tatum's three point shot with dial.
Speaker 3: In Marcus Smart you know, up and down player, frustrating player at times, but.
Speaker 4: He makes a lot of really select plays. He's going to be a.
Speaker 2: Very fun person for.
Speaker 1: He's always been on the short list of guys that is, like when he was healthy, he was on the shortlist of guys that would get over six assists per game on less than two thirdle game. I remember that was a list that was Smart always made it. Like, I'm really excited about Smart too. I just my basketball fanhood is like having a really hard time taking them serious.
Speaker 2: Option.
Speaker 4: Yeah the hell stuff.
Speaker 2: Has always being an issue, especially the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: I got a lit on the basket for the Warriors, a nice pass even, yeah, even that's a nice toss from the list.
Speaker 1: Really miss hip Robert Young Robert Williams was a pink. I'm hoping he doesn't stay.
Speaker 2: Healthy in the long run. This blockouts that time remarks star blowing up screams. Oh picked, He's a really good defense Smart.
Speaker 1: That's right. I forgot. They kind of blew the doors off him to start this game. And then the Warriors worked their way back.
Speaker 3: The Lawyers have four points in three minutes, yep, and Steph finishes this game with forty three.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's just swarming right now defensively, can't do that get too far back, Marcus Lucky.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny because, like I tend to think a lot of these nights where guys go crazy, start looks early, even if they missed it. Starts when Queen looks early, and they get.
Speaker 2: Really good, really good rhythm.
Speaker 7: We'll push it off the floor there actually Seves some room kicks it out Porter A three there.
Speaker 1: As a hit the Yeah, all these jumpers are off steps. Last one though it was just a little bit short, so you can tell he's starting to get a dial on then.
Speaker 2: And like it and early seven point Boston.
Speaker 1: Clay on Jalen, and you know, I thought Clay really started to see your Jalin out by the Carol end of this series, Extra pastor.
Speaker 2: Wiggins Wiggins, oh Man, Sure good looks. Though.
Speaker 7: You know, we talked so much about Boston and their ability to bounce back after losses, the Warriors have been almost as good. They're five and old following losses in this postseason. They've always found.
Speaker 3: Bat switch nice reflection from Graymond, surprising surprise, and nobuddy dude.
Speaker 1: Steph has always been good at lay ups and traffic to he just uses his body to shield the ball.
Speaker 2: He's a really good It's rare that Robert Williams block us. You don't see that very often from Steph.
Speaker 1: And Robert Williams seemingly appeared out of nowhere. There Raymond's on jailing this position.
Speaker 4: Look at that left hand shade.
Speaker 1: Ye given space, great contaction, and that's just that's Robert Williams. And that's the downside when you got Raymond is the only big on the four, and you use him when you ploy him on the wings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the crux of the Warriors line up is shoes. It's that problem right there.
Speaker 4: Offensively and in some ways defensively. You're better with him as a center as you're only big.
Speaker 2: But one of them gets is that it puts on.
Speaker 1: And it's really when it comes down to any sort of switching, whether it's you know, in this case, a lineup or a matchup decision, or if you switch ball screens just you leave the big underneath the basketing. It's as small and like if the mist goes anywhere in his area.
Speaker 3: He's gonna get it twenty Yeah, and I think thinking about it now like that looking back on his era, not even this air for Warriors, but like the one before. Klay Thompson being a top five to eight guard wing defender in the league while also being the second shooter in the NBA really helps unlock some of their issues because it's like, Okay, yeah, we'll be small when dres the center, but we have elite wing defenders and we have blow the doors off shooting, like it's not using as much as other teams would be going that small.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and your guys in your prime, in their primes, rebounded well for their size.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look at Derek White with pair man.
Speaker 8: I know I was thinking about the.
Speaker 3: Shiny shiny packs and the at hilarious auto quarters.
Speaker 4: They are taller and going on until it is hilarious.
Speaker 2: I know it is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Dude, A wife out screen from Looney there. Thanks for the kind of words, Jared, Uh, Dude, I like the playoffs are stressful as hell, but if you stay focused on the x's and o's, it helped to start to talk your way through it, you can at least understand what's happening. Thompson's actually, yeah, that's like a lot of times reps react to the the legal screens in the NBA.
Speaker 2: That's yea.
Speaker 1: Also, Jared, this was our first playoff round with hoops tonight. This was in This was in June. I just got hired by the Volume in February. A lot of attacking stuff to get how they got him in the driving lane, though, see that it's going to go against a lot of times, like when it comes to mashup attacking and like uh and like detecting your weakest links. The biggest thing is the back four. It's not even necessary, like obviously you need your guy on the ball to you need him to play physical and not give ground and catches in tough spots and all that kind of stuff. But it looks a lot of times you give your guy a fighting chance if you make him the only count for one or two things, because he's got guys in the gaps and guys at the rim. And like with Steph, it's like you can tell he can attack the basketball and just position himself between tat him in the rim and the rest of the defense will clean up.
Speaker 2: Everything else Vader's past Thompsons.
Speaker 4: The other funny Derek White thing about.
Speaker 1: She had taken that three.
Speaker 2: He had a good look at play.
Speaker 3: Derek White with hair is obviously jarring thinking about the way that myself and everyone viewed his game at the time compared to how we view him low Like it was shocking in game one and he made I want to say it's so.
Speaker 4: It was like, this is no way this happens again.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have it.
Speaker 4: He's gonna have a multiple off nights that now he's just like ultimate, like he's.
Speaker 2: I know, dude, he.
Speaker 1: Really really came on strong over the course of this season and it is just time to do the job that they needed him to do.
Speaker 2: But no drop on that. You see where the big.
Speaker 1: Wasford's way back in the lane, they're basically conceding movement three. Took a really good screen there too, and.
Speaker 4: The passion the four is now they're good.
Speaker 2: Draymond did not score in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: That's left old bomb short baseline Flotter is a Derek wi special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Steph did a good job just fairly bumping in to see where Howford's at. He's up Harry Love three. We'll go and j Brown is shaking.
Speaker 2: Upon that screen. Slow.
Speaker 4: What an offensive rebounder for someone who.
Speaker 1: Got a clean look early. So Wiggans got a clean look early and missed. They got another clean looking at that one. Notice Boston hasn't scored here in.
Speaker 2: A few minutes yet.
Speaker 8: I believe solid screens.
Speaker 6: They've played a clear happit'll push the basketball off of Bakes all business.
Speaker 2: We want to play with things.
Speaker 1: Tatum turns, shoots the scores tot of that possession. Like we're gonna go against Tatum's primary matchup with the left shoulder fate in the ear.
Speaker 2: But it's a weird shot considering that in a mini.
Speaker 7: Draft, Thompson drives Olden State just four of thirteen.
Speaker 1: Sanl Brown's got stah. But they're going to post up Corford on Draymond. They lose Derek White on the cut, nice block and we got a found.
Speaker 2: Ice move them off the ball from Derek White.
Speaker 1: Bernie Johnson's haircut says Looney was an animal on the boards in these playoffs. What is the Is it was it Riley or Jackson that said that no rebounds, no rings.
Speaker 2: I think it's that right, space he needs and then Looney no rebounds, no rings.
Speaker 5: Rebound, Curry drives it and a nice play to Wiggins.
Speaker 1: Those offensive rebounds effectively create rotation situations naturally because everyone's just in chaos while the while they're trying to search for a rebounding match.
Speaker 4: I've never heard that described like that.
Speaker 2: That is such a good way to put that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just no one's like you usually have guys that are not matched up because guys are have their back turned so the dude they're guarding. In a lot of cases and a lot of offensive rebounds platings are amazing, although we.
Speaker 3: Could do Everyone alway says the best time to shoot three off offensive time, and I hardly agree that the rotation like all rotation elements something.
Speaker 2: God Grant Williams talk about to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my favorite seems like a nice guy by all accounts, and I think he's not even bad, but he was just deeply frustrated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I I had a lot of respect the job he did on Giannis in the twenty four to two Eastern Semis, but like, outside of that, I've never been.
Speaker 7: In much and those for the fake there, Curry gets a back double team the defense.
Speaker 1: If there's a ball screen, Horford's back. See how Horford's not giving up the role. That was really the big thing that like it's gonna concede some decent looks as Boston role. And like, by the way, if I remember correct, when one of the I don't remember which reporter it was, reporter straight up asked, you know you go about it early in the series, and he basically said, it's very.
Speaker 2: Important lesson and not give up four and threes.
Speaker 1: Today's show is brought to you by our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. We're still a month away from basketball tip off, but with hard Rock Bet, the action never stops. Haven't placed your first bet yet, There's still time to score. Bet five dollars and if it wins, you don't just get your payout, you're also cash in one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets on top. If you don't want to wait, you need more hoops in your life. NBA futures are already live on hard Rock Bet. You can bet on the Finals, MVP, Rookie of the Year, six Man, and a lot more. Open up the app to see everything that's live and lock in today's odds. If you like what you see, and since it's Wednesday, if you're already betting on the hard Rock Bet sportsbook app, you know what that means. It's the last day to use your legendary rewards drops. Open up the app today. You could have a bonus bet or who knows what's in there more drops every Thursday. The rewards and promos are non stop. Download the hard Rock Bet app today and make your first deposit payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by the Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC in all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight eight admit it. In Indiana, if you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee or Virginia. By the way they have it, there hasn't been a single four on three that they've given up your area chicken wings.
Speaker 2: That's two fouls on Draymond Green, who was spiled out of two of the man.
Speaker 3: If he said eight minus end of this game, I wish would be up by four, Draymond would have two fouls and stuff would have one made.
Speaker 2: The place of Draymond Green.
Speaker 1: With those two founds and Green getting his first stand, he's.
Speaker 4: Been a good action.
Speaker 1: He's been great defensively. Then the thing with Draymond is like he'll have some nice, refrustrating offense, but he is like consistently destructive.
Speaker 2: To another team's offense.
Speaker 1: I spend Williams extra pass, Grant Williams, Dylan Brown's wide open. He's given was an attitude to we're gonna.
Speaker 7: Looney again coming off the bench, already has five rebounds.
Speaker 1: He looked for Wiggins off going under the shot. They're going from Wiggans Wiggins all playoffs. Bro just provided the buckets.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable playoffs, got himself an extremely libert in contact.
Speaker 1: And then never again was the same again. Con I think he's been a little underrated in the year since as a primter defender. But he just hasn't been the same two way guy that he was.
Speaker 7: Steve Kurk very upset he that Looney went straight up. He said, it's a second foul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Looney's picked up a couple of questionable little Look at that Marcus smart Way under you gotta take that. Yeah, the notos at home and I especially in Wiggins role on.
Speaker 8: This particular, and I think both are poor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not so sure.
Speaker 1: We got raps reacting to the content, to the flops, not the flops, but to the drops.
Speaker 7: I should say, right back to the free throw line upcoming final schedule.
Speaker 1: I can't. I think I was listening to Low and Simmons that they were talking about Derek White as a potential trade target for between games time for Houston. And you know, I think Derek White a really good player, but I actually don't want high volume n So, yeah, he's the exact type of guy that i'd be going.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: I like Derek White as an off guard, like as a guy like playing alongside.
Speaker 2: Another talk about his defense.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and and I almost looked at him and Dran as the guys I already wanted to my second.
Speaker 9: Guy, I will never quit Gartay is he got the he got the cross match he wanted in transition against Corford and then just.
Speaker 2: Broke him off in the half.
Speaker 5: Cour renswer defensively, but Golden State is lethal in.
Speaker 2: This is three.
Speaker 1: Therefore their next five white pins Brown, nice pass, he's eye off the ball, slate clock clock at four, smart and contested three drop city.
Speaker 2: That the movie.
Speaker 4: Ordering that he s in a step the first.
Speaker 2: Another long distance shot point. Oh, he knows it, he knows it's twelve.
Speaker 1: That's got.
Speaker 3: That's someone who those first couple of misses that he just barely missed, he thought they were going in and now that he's made a couple in a row.
Speaker 4: And Dre talked about this as I talked about this after the fact that this was in the.
Speaker 3: In the real height after a couple of bad games from Raymond Green and he had gotten into But also what Jaylen Brown like the fans.
Speaker 4: Were the walls were closing in on him a little bit.
Speaker 3: In a way that was both fair from a basketball analyticals and point, and also like with the fans and.
Speaker 4: Crossing the line a little bit. Yeah, they apparently you.
Speaker 2: Know we're not as about Robert Williams, we're saying some inappropriate thing.
Speaker 4: So he's talked about how steph uh. I think he said that Step told him like explicitly but also gives.
Speaker 3: Also even just spiritually, was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna make this game about me, like earlier, I'm gonna take any focus away from.
Speaker 2: This like Wheat Raymond thing. It was like, I'm gonna this is my game.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting, Yeah, because he was basically going right out the crowd there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the fifth turnover.
Speaker 1: That's such a strange mistake to see from the part.
Speaker 6: Takes it to the body at Porter doesn't get much chanced to block those.
Speaker 1: Two hits that he had on Horford, nasty hits. One was on that crazy step back, the second one was like they're.
Speaker 8: Just overwhelmed size wise.
Speaker 1: Him drive break defense was Garry Peyton, but he engaged the rim protector, and as soon as he engaged the rim protector, rob was.
Speaker 2: Just just pretty point five rebounds and shot.
Speaker 1: It's one of those ones and he probably needs to just let him go up and Jordan going, we're not going to get to a game six rewatch. But Jordan was so good in game six, remember and almostill file away from the You know, we were talking about Malik Monk Williams in our kaminga video and like cool is the guy that I think in terms of Malik Monk's role like just kind of a microwave scoring guard.
Speaker 8: He has to rotate to help.
Speaker 4: It's just too smell, Like, uh, Malik Monk closes out was just like an.
Speaker 1: That was an insane shot. You see him with just his angle around rob right in front of him.
Speaker 2: He's cooking.
Speaker 3: He's for whatever reason, feels and plays bigger than six threes.
Speaker 4: He's listed at six stool, but he doesn't seem that size.
Speaker 1: He's a ridiculous athlete and he plays He's got a very good motor. Like even his defense issues they aren't related to him not playing hard. They're related to like defensive IQ and like getting out of position and like some fundamental stuff. But like, yeah, any athlete, like a guy who's like super athletic win has a natural ability to play hard, just going to play bigger than old god dude too tough buck against against prop notice on that one, Like this is one of those things you gotta do when you're going at a big at the rim, you gotta go into their chest because as soon as you their chest and they can't get up like if with their see grant when you take the right one when you're open. But uh, but yeah, you gotta you gotta cave the big chest in. As soon as you cave his chest in, then you'll have that space when you get something up off the glass.
Speaker 8: Celtics now up one. And I heard you tell your guys early re quarter.
Speaker 4: You're good with everything they're doing.
Speaker 2: What specifically do you like? Just like the energy and the aggression.
Speaker 1: All right, we got a fool lead unit here the three game with Raymond. That's a tough shot.
Speaker 4: Really good at basketball, Thank you, coach.
Speaker 2: I love it. Even in the finals, Tatum gets excited.
Speaker 1: Miss looked like you just kind of lost the handles and going up there the defense to Wigans, though Wiggins has got Pritchard.
Speaker 2: There for a bunch of these finals. He's in there.
Speaker 1: The right shoulder fades turn around.
Speaker 2: Out a minute, playing the entire first quarter. He does hate come on for a little Yes, I like is the idea of comes up short Williams.
Speaker 1: Another rebound, so a good clean look off the offensive rebound, which we talked about. One of the things you guys can see there is they tried to bring bliss Man up into the ball screen, but then Elison Wiggins just pre switched it so that Wiggans was able to go off there and switch the ball screen. That's a good look for Jordan.
Speaker 3: I think Draymond Green is the best handoff player handoff like Big not coming off of the handoff there.
Speaker 2: He has.
Speaker 4: He has unlimited ways to get that ask off, like the legs behind the.
Speaker 3: Back, regular handoff like a lead handoff, and then his fake handoffs less.
Speaker 1: And he's just a strong m effort that like he's gonna hit you.
Speaker 2: Two for six to start. But I definitely agree with you about that.
Speaker 1: He's effectively the best five out folk rum big in the league in terms of just the strict role of running those dhos and I don't know what game there turnovers.
Speaker 2: God, Jordan Poole plays the most chaotic way. I know.
Speaker 1: It's straight like he's it's like the bads I tick earlier. You almost have to let him take a shot like that every game because it's part of like unleashing his personality, or it's not this puff before the show.
Speaker 3: The same way you're like, yeah, Trey is gonna maybe yell a little more. You might like, perhaps you gotta let him lock his enter a little bit.
Speaker 2: Same thing as shot.
Speaker 1: So the shining hex Hora says, I don't think teams will defend the leak the way to he's defended Jordan Poole. I think they're gonna defend in the exact same way that coming off a deep deep drop coverage there see they were basically you're pull up coming off the ball.
Speaker 3: One of the differences also with the league month and I think is like not this playoff run, but in the next playoff run, obviously, Jordan Poole really really.
Speaker 2: And comes supreme.
Speaker 3: Like good analyticism is a way to overcome some of the size issues of Jordan Foremen is a transcendent athlete in a league, in a league of great athletes.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right, Like he's a guy that like like will throw down some of the craziest dunks you'll ever see. Like just disgusting athlete. One of the things to notice about the coverages here earlier, which I think is fascinating, is is running the higher drop against Steph but notice he's conceding deeper drop against Clay and Jordan's so he's he's running, he's basically allowing those dudes and they both hit one so far there you go a little bit of an adjustment there for rob he was up higher because Jordan had just hit one and we were out of a time out there. So I wonder if he made the adjustment at the time out and said, hey, we got to be up.
Speaker 2: And because it's really good game.
Speaker 1: This series was a lot of fun. These games were all very entertaining.
Speaker 2: Drove to the hoop and let the referees know. Cool launches another ring.
Speaker 1: Little ambitious on that one, but it was close.
Speaker 2: The first playoffs for the Young Pool got off to a great start.
Speaker 1: At thirty points, Mary b elit's a look at how Blitz is only a little bigger than Marcus, and Marcus is like going Adams who jab step travel. That's the most common mistake I see from young players is they can't jab step out. You'll occasionally see it in the pros, but most of the pros.
Speaker 2: Are pretty sharp, right non call. He searched the body of Robert Williams and created the content.
Speaker 4: Searching the body doesn't, don't.
Speaker 2: I agree with Mark Aaxstell that one.
Speaker 1: That's he's just trying to bump into if it's the same thing we were just talking about earlier, like what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Shoot?
Speaker 1: You can't just go straight up against Rob He'll block you. You like literally have to say, and not like that shot the rebound. He's He's one of those guys. That's why I'm so high on him as a potential trade target for the Lakers, Like he just he brings apex athleticism, which helps her team in so many ways. That's the disgusting.
Speaker 2: He's got double figures already.
Speaker 1: Dude Jordan playing it's great.
Speaker 6: He's an impact on the offensive end, got it going, and that's when he's at his best when he's aggressive.
Speaker 4: Son't think you're making a big comeback.
Speaker 1: Under to Clay went under on that one, and then he tried to make up for it with the hard pulls up. I think under is the game plan, but it's like, if you're going to go under, you're conceding the shot.
Speaker 2: You gotta go under.
Speaker 1: You can't then all of a sudden, like do a record close.
Speaker 6: Out contact, fights through the screen, tries to contest jumps into the space.
Speaker 1: You got to basically live with Daylen Brown taking that shot.
Speaker 5: It's similar to the Curry play. You have to at least look at this because his left foot.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed rewatching these games.
Speaker 2: It han's been a lot of fun, really fun Brown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or his right foot, I should say, good note call on the flagrant but game.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I mean got more sense of like trying to be go from out of position to getting rig.
Speaker 2: Pretty far back in the playoffs? Is pool missus?
Speaker 7: That one?
Speaker 1: Marcus Smart's is straight up because like was not boxing out and Steff just went right around.
Speaker 4: And the mouth I can't terrific, don't get.
Speaker 2: I don't know either.
Speaker 4: I also don't really get. I'm not someone who like choose gum when they play baskbant.
Speaker 2: Some people do that, and I find that one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I can't. I feel like I bite my tongue.
Speaker 2: Of the.
Speaker 1: Room linked in Yeah, Smart, really.
Speaker 3: Smart, But I think it was Bill Simmons or Zach Law or someone on one of their one another pods suggest Peyton Pritchard as a as a Rockets trade target, and I really like that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did hear that that's that's actually an example of what I'm talking about. Like to me, Peyton Pritchard is more of like a like we're gonna run a ton of action with this guy kind of for sure. We were talking in the Monday game. If you guys remember.
Speaker 7: Taina will shoot for one shot checkfully and this is that Celtics have missed four free throws.
Speaker 1: When we were talking on Monday, we were talking about the idea of the NBA Finals being about like mistake making and like avoiding mistakes, and like that Marcus Smart missed box out on stat as a classic example, Like you do all the work, you forced Jordan Poole to take a pretty tough shot coming off the ball screen, and then you have one guy doesn't do his job, and now Steff's getting a layup, and like that's a layup for a player that's like already in rhythm.
Speaker 2: And like really starting to feel another.
Speaker 7: Free throws themselfs Pritchard played really well in Game one, was a big part of that fourth quarter turnaround.
Speaker 1: Played the first eight we were Jackson and I were talking this morning about whether or not we were going to watch a portion of this game or the whole game. And we decided on the whole game. But Jackson actually charted out all of the buckets that Steph got over the course of the game and the third quarters or step really starts to go off if you So that's really bad defense from Warford, like came up high, but he had his stands, open sorts, baseline, and step basically just dribbled right around.
Speaker 2: And too easy layups here stocks LANs.
Speaker 1: So I hate it. I hate that Tatum does those low gathers on his post ups. Obviously he makes him every once in a while and he'll occasionally drop out, but I think.
Speaker 2: It's a big part of his layup problem. But he's had in his career deflected by grain they let it go out of bounds. It's Boston ball.
Speaker 1: Like for a guy who's a big, big, strong forward like him, he should be like a mid to high sixties on layups, and he's pretty consistently in his career been below there. And I think a big part of it is, like I don't know if it's true handling or I don't know if it's it's it's Tatum just in his approaches, but these low gathers and the can't just hate him up. We lost something. Stand by, guys, let me call Jackson and see what's going on.
Speaker 2: Just like it just booted me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it kind of did that last time too on Monday. Once the big deal THO, we're gonna get back up and running, guys.
Speaker 2: I'm good. Oh good, I don't care. That was weird. We're back. We're back good.
Speaker 6: Bet and Steph Curry and Jordan Pool has been much improved tonight. They've done a better job battling and competing and playing with false on the defensive side of.
Speaker 2: Raymond Green has not scored in thirteen minutes, oh for three.
Speaker 3: The NBA on YouTube it certainly is on YouTube said hell no, I did a bunch of testing after to see we told get this simonal cast on YouTube and the answer was.
Speaker 2: Affirm no, not even not even yeah.
Speaker 1: Thirteen you guys are our playback guys.
Speaker 2: We're here for you, guys.
Speaker 4: H Graymond's I was kind of down that and became like a full bay player.
Speaker 2: And the health he looks fresh bringing the ball up. He's not a guy given the freedom to bring the ball up offers it get So.
Speaker 1: I actually think this is really smart because and it's a big part of what I think is the advantage of what a finish of the It's a big part of the way that I think you can make life easier for Steps. So like if instead of having we got a hold of high ball spring here, I think Steph shot Wigan's is gonna pl so anyway, basically, if you so, it's it's helpful on two fronts. One, you're preventing step from having to face as much ball pressure, which saves his legs throughout the game. Obviously he's gonna bring the ball up a lot, and he's doing it. But like just not every single possession of a shop fairing this. But the second piece of it is like Draymond is almost certainly going to be guarded by a big and Biggs have not spent their entire lives practicing fall pressure. It's like in high school and in college, and like it's just ball pressure is not usually a big part of defense at the center position or at the power boards position. So what you get for Draymond is you get a really the opportunity to just casually bring the It avoids ball pressure on Step in terms of wear and tear, but it also avoids ball pressure for your whole team because the big is probably not going to do that. Looks like we can stepped on Derek White sport.
Speaker 3: There White pushes, that's step Draymond winning the finals on potting.
Speaker 4: Wasn't sane at the time. It was insane and it was an idea.
Speaker 2: Talk did me what happened?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to now, he said, Draymond winning the finals while podcasting was insane at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly was, and I it was my this person's yeah, dude, and you know what, he created some golden CoA. This is why you're one of the very best in the world. The Holden says. Draymond creates mismatches by racing the ball floor. That's part of it too. In general, any pace pusher, whether it's Tyrese Haliburton, whether it's Lonzo Ball, whether it's a big like Raymond or the guy who throws kick head passes like Kevin Love, any sort of aggressive push up the floor is going to force the transition defense principles. And transition defense principles are grab the guy sat, stop man, stop ball or stop ball to rim and then just spread out and match up to the nearest guy.
Speaker 2: And so if you.
Speaker 1: If you push the ball up the floor, you're gonna naturally build a lot of mismatch opportunity.
Speaker 2: Hayton back in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hoard set with the double scream the switch crown.
Speaker 4: Bring me in, Jordan Pool.
Speaker 1: You know what I hate about that? That that call though, is like Pool was sitting on Jalen Brown's right hand and then Col just and then Jalen just throve into his right hand. Like the thing with the thing with Jordan there is like I almost think him flopping there.
Speaker 2: Didn't do him any favors.
Speaker 8: It's not like they can't like.
Speaker 1: If he just holds his ground there, I don't think the reps are gonna climb finish.
Speaker 4: You can see the slow motion had our longest past.
Speaker 3: He started moving moving to his left after Jalen started driving with his right hand.
Speaker 2: It's like he's like behind defensive fires.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, he was just and especially considering he was already in position there he was there another missbox out the cost Boston two points. Also perfect example of what I'm just talking about, though. Steph just did the exact same fucking thing to Marcus Smart. He was sitting on the right hand and beat him to the spot, but he see and then there was no call, and then Marcus Smart ends up throwing up.
Speaker 6: Something what you talked about, coach, allowing him to get to that right hand direct line drive to the car, Curry launch a three man.
Speaker 1: He's just barely short on some of these words up the steel tops.
Speaker 2: It can't get it this time.
Speaker 7: Tatum holds on quick outlet to white out.
Speaker 2: I love Gary fake drives, what Smart open three? A set of making that play is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get ready easy. We playing in Golden State.
Speaker 2: It is a crazy play.
Speaker 1: First, I'm excited to watch Orford and Golden State.
Speaker 2: That looks like Lebron James like baseline drive, drifting.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 1: Swinging out of bounds and going that past.
Speaker 7: Eric.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the power chat or whatever they're called him playbacks. I'm not sure what's going on with the formatting as your questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a bunch of stuff going on here.
Speaker 4: With oat in there, but uh, where would you rank this turn twenty two?
Speaker 2: Lawyers?
Speaker 4: You understand people think it's one of.
Speaker 2: The Weakird champs, but this team is actually underrated.
Speaker 3: They were a dominant defendive off season when Draymond was healthy and the level of Wiggins, KP and Clay were able to make up that lack of second high level on.
Speaker 2: Ball shot creation with GPS becue they can boll pressure.
Speaker 4: That hell out of people on the ball. I get why you would spend the twenty twenty two team out.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, Jason, we talked, we did a video about this or maybe right by ranking the champion, the recent champion, the twenty twenty two Warriors, towards the bottom of the go up.
Speaker 2: In the air.
Speaker 3: It was the post point post pass on the base Katie Warriors record championships.
Speaker 2: Did yeah, because first.
Speaker 1: They're one of like it's it's a heat saying weaker champions because it's like, of course they were an awesome team for all the reasons that you mentioned the US and by the way, thank you the carass.
Speaker 2: But it's more just like Peyton sets himself for three.
Speaker 1: I guess there was five seconds talking over recals. Again, it's more just relative like I mean again, so like like we're talking about that twenty twenty three Dener Nuggets team was nasty, like they had the best player in the world playing some of the best basketball ever played. About Jamal Murray was better in that playoff run than any Warrior not name like Jamal Murray was insane in that. It's like I think he averaged like forty seven sixteen six or twenty six seven and seven sixty three percent true shooting or something outrageous like that, like they did, Like that's a special team, like the twenty twenty Lakers at Lebron and ad playing at the peak of their powers. Literally they were both top five players in the league. Twenty twenty four Celtics best driving kick team ever and want to be the defense in the league like they It's just it's all relative when we start talking about other.
Speaker 8: Champions, which is what happened in Game three.
Speaker 1: But like I think this Golden State team was better than the twenty twenty one five job.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I agree containing the.
Speaker 1: Ball, but again, like week champion is just it feels stupid to say because they wore such great this leader fill double drag here they switched the first screen Hoarfard's up on the second one recovery from playing them, Coy tied up and I'll reach in foul. That's I'll run from Boston here. Some transition pushes a lot of their stuff's come out of defensive transition. I mean even that Horford close out part lebron esque swing pass to the corner came out of a transition push.
Speaker 2: That led to a little advantage. You're trying to win a championship. Second foul on Brown and what hurts the Warriors.
Speaker 8: They don't really have a role game.
Speaker 2: Carry, gets free, get some.
Speaker 3: Contact, lass step slam and the chat was talking about Orford playing with with such high going to be playing with high Q players on both the Warriors season, It's gonna be awesome. I mean there's some that they want him to start alongside at the sender and if he can hold up, I think that would be awesome because absolutely correct defensive I c three players at him, Draymond, the Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 2: Off on the court.
Speaker 3: At the same time, it's not just a pretty incredible line the job brain continue.
Speaker 1: That's the lineup that I can take you about, like Stephen, like jim Ski with Jimmy or yeah, I agree, like I think I think he makes the most sensible and what kind of a switching scheme can switch on to some bigger players bold step they're pretty strong for.
Speaker 2: Guards off the found, but like just.
Speaker 3: Providing the shooting that someone like Quinton Post provides, but also high level and first all defender's great for them.
Speaker 1: Totally agree, Totally agree.
Speaker 3: Yes, Looney shooting, that's That's kind of what I'm saying. It's like a blend of some of the the defense've been rebounding instincts and someone like dave On loons green instincts and the shooting of.
Speaker 1: Him about He also gives you, guys a little bit of a switch feeding piece without like step in the sense that like Horford can go down to the wash on the left block and bump a dude and hit a little left shoulder goading.
Speaker 4: That even someone like Quintin Post you can't really get.
Speaker 2: Those are really nice little figure.
Speaker 4: He's when he's in flow, man, he's he's got some juice.
Speaker 1: Nice response from Golden State. Five oh, run off with the Bossom run.
Speaker 2: Tadam goes right back. That's a great defense.
Speaker 1: We can stayed attached him the whole time, and Mooney came over right at the right.
Speaker 2: Moment and the game rebound. Curry spins tops.
Speaker 1: Double flop. White got the call.
Speaker 2: Curry double.
Speaker 6: Attendance literally uses that left arm to shield off Derek White, the.
Speaker 4: Derek Whit is also grabbing him first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm with you. They just it's always the reaction, not the action that gets them that has one guarding Mark.
Speaker 2: I had nineteen points.
Speaker 1: By lost Eric as a Bob switch White.
Speaker 2: Off the bench. I want to pick up who's been for the.
Speaker 4: Boston twenty twenty six NBA champions Who you got?
Speaker 3: We in a couple of weeks as part of our upcoming seasons for a new content we'll be doing like ten championship contenders as well as a season and awards prediction that I'm that I will be making Jason also make that preseason finals prediction that I'm sure all the.
Speaker 4: YouTube commenters will be very very kind about not holding him.
Speaker 1: To right, Guys, I obviously deserve the right to change this after I actually finished on this season preview study because obviously there's a lot of like work that goes in it that was really nice finish complete him. But my initial gut theling is Denver.
Speaker 2: What's yours?
Speaker 1: Jackson?
Speaker 4: It's Denver?
Speaker 2: Okay, See.
Speaker 1: It kind of feels like there's only two teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean after the Fred van Vlie didn't Sury it does.
Speaker 3: Feel like that's a just a massive reality spring a team that, like, you know, they didn't even win a first round series last year.
Speaker 4: If you're expecting a lot of growth plust the initiation of.
Speaker 3: K D like the step back, the losing been a really tough there. So I think Denver and OKAC are a pretty clear top team. I think there are other teams that could win it, but I think if you're like making a preseason tick and hard to picks on of other than thee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, even when Houston was healthy, I had him as like a clear pit in the West. Cleveland is one of those teams you got to you kind of have to consider as an outside chance. Uh, just simply because they're in the weaker conference. I shouldn't just take Cleveland like Cleveland or New York.
Speaker 2: Just because what if? What if? At Denver?
Speaker 1: Okay, so he gets through, but there's a beach of ship by the time.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I always find it a little stiller when you get like the scores with first takes of the world there shows like that being like, well, that team definitely is good enough to make the finals, but no chance to win it off, Like whoa what are you talking about if they had a chance.
Speaker 4: We just saw it last year with the Pacer.
Speaker 3: You get through your conference, I don't care how good of a pay the other team is, you have a chance to win.
Speaker 1: Thee Yeah, like a perfect example twenty eighteen, Like let's say that the Warriors failed to come back in Game seven and Chris Paul's out with a cold hamstring, Like, right, I'm sorry, but I'm taking the twenty eighteen Cabs with Lebron over of the James Harden Rockets without these all, like especially in the finals, which is the stage that James Harden himself spectacularly. Like the thing is is anything can happen. You get the right guy in the right spot, leading the right team, with the better teams, dealing with some adversity like anything now. But yeah, I'm definitely leaving the Denver. My thing with Denver is specifically, like that's another under there is they go.
Speaker 2: Under the That was that was.
Speaker 3: Three straight of just vintage Warriors trio that hits the long mid range coming off the Banker on one end, Dre breaks up an all youth attempt to Jayalen Brown and then Clay hits us.
Speaker 1: Really all three of the big three making a huge play and now we're tied. Brown Draymond has always been the best corner guy I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: It takes a lot of coming off the bench, tops some fires again.
Speaker 1: Another beautiful by tops, it offensive roofound, but they got to switch on a quarters right open gets.
Speaker 2: A clean luck. Carrie was ready for three and Robert Williams once again.
Speaker 1: But I specifically like the way Denver matches up Road Gay and that that is what was like that like they literally pushed them to seven last year with a much worse not gonna be I think he will be a lot better too. So I think it's just gonna be a great, great series that will be. I hope we get to see them face off again.
Speaker 3: I think they're going to going from Okay, what do you think while we're in a room play here to get to you probably from this game, what do you think it's a bigger up throwing for the Denver Knights, going from Michael Porter Junior to Cam Johnson or from DeAndre Jordan to Jonnis Valenti.
Speaker 1: I've got a big yonas guy. I don't know, so I think he's fine as a backup, but I'm not a big yonas guy, So I would I would deal with John oh Man. What a big sequence from Marcus Smart hits a three above the break off the left wing and then he rips Raymond for.
Speaker 4: That's what he does. Man, he's gonna he's gonna do something real frustrating, real soon.
Speaker 3: I'm sure of it. He gives you some pretty sick moments. You're like, man, this dude can take over at the ninety stratag.
Speaker 1: Perfect example of engaging the room protector. Wigan's got an angle, just put it up on the glass. Robert Williams over pursued, and Draymond.
Speaker 2: Went in there and clean and got on the class. That's what I needed.
Speaker 1: It would need to see that again, but I think it was I think it might have been a cross screen, but they that. I think Draymond wanted them to switch. All right, nice class, Raymond hunting, good deal.
Speaker 2: The backpack. It looks so different.
Speaker 4: It looks so different when than the game we watched on Monday.
Speaker 2: Looks so different once again, the lighting and every miss slams, thank and smarter ultimate cast age is it.
Speaker 3: I have the opinion that you kind of need a little bit of a chaos agent one literally to be like the healthy in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean because it's the very insanle right, like you need you need really high upside players that can go nuts.
Speaker 3: I mean you can really backfire, as we saw the Jordan four and playoff runs. But I think most champions have chaos that is able to play.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I looked like it was just a I think Draymond. I think they've got like messed up their transitioning match ups there. Yeah, Like I think even lou Dort was.
Speaker 2: Kind of like that broken. I think, uh, Bruce Brown was that for Denver. You know Tatum, Yeah, like a dude is just.
Speaker 1: Like going on a hundred miles now little time and like we're.
Speaker 7: Making on the road against Milwaukee in game six, facing elimination.
Speaker 1: But the way he has improved his complete game, it's so difficult to Like, it's really been fun to watch Boston wins this game. They win serious, like it really was everything hanging in the bouts.
Speaker 3: They're down seven, and they're right, they're down seven and Stead has not hit a three discards.
Speaker 4: It's four.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that right now, trying to fom.
Speaker 1: He gets deep problem. You see that Robert Williams is sticking with the roll man the whole time, Brown against Green, these tubing stopping.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Man? Not match up for you?
Speaker 8: Holves back by.
Speaker 1: Wiggins neither is that like just for Boston Tragy Williams tip, but it goes right to current about I'm getting a good deal here in the third floor. Pulls up just has a good leaking test, not a great atually smart Spin moves on the spin from play.
Speaker 2: Porter to Green Green Back to quarter.
Speaker 1: Textbook, fast Bread goes textbook two on one.
Speaker 2: Fast Bread, Tatum and Porter to shoot Drugs.
Speaker 1: Did I watch the JJ and Polenka interview?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: Yea, I uh, Starting tomorrow, I'm getting in a season preview contact guys, so a lot, a lot of or the next few days. I think before Jackson we start airing him next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so starting next.
Speaker 1: Monthing in fourth quarters, especially defensively, but I'm going to start working on them tomorrow the third quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Literally just did our final phase of our move to Denver yesterday and literally had one of the worst days of my entire life. I blew a hire while pulling a trailer at the Interstate twenty five Interstate forty interchange in Albuquerque much of his career with and then had a tire chop or place two of my tires and one of them and they sold me a leaky tire which leaked the entire way back. It was just an absolute disaster. But I made it, and I'm here and I'm excited to get to work.
Speaker 4: We're playing road trip read trip problem.
Speaker 1: I was joking with my wife because we did so much traveling this summer. I saw a bucket for Jaylen Brown on Draymont. Notice Boston's offensive processes turning in miss the trash. A lot of times when process is bad, even if the results are good in the short term, it'll turn bad in the long world. But anyway, like we did like planes, trades and automobiles on our Alaska trip, including ships and all these flights and all these things and literally everything which was so smooth all summer. We didn't miss a single flight. There was no delays, there were no cancelations, we didn't miss a train, we didn't miss a bus, we didn't miss anything. And then it was just like all all brought yesterday. This is a little evening of the bound. He's been incredible, has go to one two. Punch at the two position as there is in this league.
Speaker 2: Wiggans. Look at a post up Tata carry launches at three.
Speaker 1: That's a tough shot. Derek White had a decent rear view contest, but Steph looked really comfortable on that.
Speaker 8: Run enough space.
Speaker 1: He's three for nine at this point. I think he finishes seven to fourteen, So he's gonna go what four for his next six?
Speaker 2: For his next five?
Speaker 8: Well, look at Williams guards.
Speaker 2: Look at Robert Williams is way too far back.
Speaker 8: Curry just enough space, and this is game four.
Speaker 2: You should see that a mile away. You gotta be more than defensive.
Speaker 1: Another under from Jalen Brown. Sure so, a lot of a lot of like execution errors on the defense and then a lot of the process errors on offense. And they're still up three.
Speaker 2: Johnson four for twelve from the.
Speaker 1: Field, the ball place, getting the pocket strips here, transition three, get the fall. Smart, but he was great on defense in this series. Say what you want about the offense under six and a half remanding air of the third. At least at the end of the series, he got clicked a little bit and start the series smart to drive lets he attacked the pocketing in there too.
Speaker 6: Series we've seen him use that upper body straight to eliminate a defense.
Speaker 2: Well from three point range.
Speaker 1: We's this Markus smart everything to win a.
Speaker 2: Defensive side gas and backs it home.
Speaker 6: That's just good eliminates and Mooney gets the blocks shot block and Williams.
Speaker 2: In the air.
Speaker 8: He's been terrific tonight, third assist for Curry.
Speaker 1: Derek White looking that's just going under on Derek.
Speaker 2: He doesn't believe that's such a difference.
Speaker 1: Mark one on one with Curry, paste Wiggins Evolu shading eyes that I passed though again coming off to his Wiggins like head straight up ignored. Derek White sat in the panel, Wigans cross court to Green, great great defense. Park is part of the shot clock at seven Tompson a crowd, it's absolute cast. But Boston, this is a good Boston defense.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys were married.
Speaker 1: This is the same Boston defense that literally embarrassed the.
Speaker 2: Nets seven Crown a little out of control.
Speaker 1: And like play Katie into one of the worst series of his career. This Boston, this Boston defense because they had real, real rim antaction, not like porzingis rim protection like freaky athletic rim protection with Robert Williams, with like el perimeter defenders.
Speaker 2: All over the color.
Speaker 1: This was a special Boston defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gave good costs because was the one with White Curry.
Speaker 1: You get inside off the glass Looney, the boxing out the defense.
Speaker 2: That's a good example from Looney to not over boxes brushed.
Speaker 1: Too far back. Robert, what are you doing? Then that's a tough shot though, because like absolutely it was. Derek White stayed attached like you got to get contests from the side.
Speaker 4: You can got the high five contest on this was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It was, but again like ridiculous in front Steph had a clean look and from Robert who back.
Speaker 7: Up the smart Smart makes his boom pull up jumper, bounces around.
Speaker 4: And just that it feels like a floater to me, he's always been ard there that weird kind of dump.
Speaker 1: Shot almost like slows his moise.
Speaker 2: There, Yeah, bringing the curry looking for that little bit of daylight.
Speaker 1: Wiggans faces Jack oh, Draymond shoot the bloater.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's grand mind had the shade on that little.
Speaker 7: Late whistle there. Smart will pick up his second. Was he trying to draw the charge Wiggins.
Speaker 2: I thought it was the right call. I agree.
Speaker 1: That's one of those ones too where Marcus Smart flopped his way and flopped the hell.
Speaker 2: That's insane around like what the hell?
Speaker 4: And contestant, Yeah, I hate a little left hand on the right head.
Speaker 2: Right up into Curry once again. That's never gets rewarded for his No one's there some funky space in there. Golden State now for Golden State, twelve for Boston. Gary Pekon back in looking at harassed Garry Paton's in that s talking about them playoffs. Coach, it's easy, Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 1: Baton now ball, I've got played against him a few times in college. Disgusting athlete.
Speaker 2: He baddles everybody white.
Speaker 1: There's three thinks him under.
Speaker 7: Grant Williams with the taking nearly putting it from alf board. That's four fouls on Grant Williams.
Speaker 4: That's a weird take, Williams. It wasn't even really a transition question. Coaches offensively, grhanted not the smartest as gave you.
Speaker 2: What does Warriors line.
Speaker 8: Up well with this lineup? It's Wigan and maybe some second shots.
Speaker 1: Curry again, that's such a ridiculous shot, is unbelievable. Orford's not up very high there, but it's like, I'm not even mad at him. It was a thirty three footer.
Speaker 2: He's got thirty points.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he definitely got a foul on that one.
Speaker 3: So all tied up, but seventy three smart Marcus Scott's let me see if I can match Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not gonna work, brother Curry looking.
Speaker 7: Foul, that's gonna be the fourteen foul another thirty point.
Speaker 1: Games walked into the crowd there to have a little moment.
Speaker 7: Finals for Steph Curry thirteen overall step smells blood cacular company tries to ask the.
Speaker 4: Silly people say that ste currys I get this performance.
Speaker 2: You see stats one three drives in side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like he wasn't super great for stretches of his first two finals. But like at the same time, like literally nobody.
Speaker 4: Who is exception exactly.
Speaker 1: There are exceptions, but like most of the great struggles in their first opportunity.
Speaker 3: Especially when they're young, in their first I mean Tatum being an example on this game.
Speaker 1: Smart posting up Luca had a pretty rough first final, especially.
Speaker 2: It was pretty mediocre or from Peyton but the Celtics still scored and Barrels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Halle is another example, although I'd like Halle is always like weird because it's hard to get into it with the box sports stuff. And I also thought, I mean, this is the part of why you think did with but the that matchup is just so tough and okay, these defensive cards. It would have been really fun if if Stat could have stayed healthy and they would somehow beat Minnesota Golden State versus Okay, so you would.
Speaker 2: Have been a really fun match up. Yeah, this is the first, but I think they're gonna no shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe this.
Speaker 3: Year Williams substituted in then Yeah, I'm still excited about even with the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, to me, they're just like every other team in that middle tier, like they have a really wide range of outcomes. If they were playing, I wouldn't be surprised if they were the four seed or three seed and one two series, I wouldn't be surprised either. It's just I just think Oho City and Denver is very clearly in a different tier than you got it honest that one of the Denver's got like a legit like eleven man rotation now and and then Oklahoma City is the defending champ a reason, you know.
Speaker 2: Overlading champ with no roster issues for one.
Speaker 1: Mar and and like three dudes who could very easily like excreen traumatic improvements this year.
Speaker 8: Smart really on the offensive class against.
Speaker 1: Curry right now, great pass from Jordan Poole. Jordan Poole played with such crazy pace in transition. He was so much it's not hard to see why he's so popular with the younger generation of basketball player.
Speaker 2: Horford.
Speaker 1: Looney was showing on a backscreen from Horford there kind of like a helping on the cutter type of situation. Warford is slaed out essentially an off ball pick and pop carry the classic.
Speaker 8: After he's the ball up.
Speaker 2: Understandings that's not Gary Payton's strip, So Curry.
Speaker 1: To get relocs. Not done though I vividly remember them being up five.
Speaker 2: In the middle of the fourth quarter, Smart tries a three Gary rebound Cooper one. Jordan, He's had.
Speaker 1: An impact here. On the third quarter, Pool.
Speaker 2: Gets away screen is gonna be Calm Hayton the illegal screen.
Speaker 6: That's an open shot, but he realizes Steph Curry's coming.
Speaker 2: Him behind. We can't be asleep on that.
Speaker 6: He gets rid of the basketball to the greatest shoot this league has have the same good relocation.
Speaker 1: Dribbles and looking out quickly. He got his feet res again.
Speaker 8: Pool's got to do a better job of containing that dribble.
Speaker 7: Wiggins is gonna check in with thirty one point six remaining play Thompson will take a seat.
Speaker 1: From Mike Brown is with the Warriors at this point. He took a lot of those five out concepts of Sacramento. It was a big part of how they got going on offense, and honestly, I'm hoping that he does the same for New York. Yeah, because that's one of my big beefs in New York that we've been talking about NonStop, is like the Brunton offense just seems to underperform in the playoffs because they just lean on him too much.
Speaker 2: They don't have enough type of shot.
Speaker 4: I'll also be curious if Mike Brown could do something for.
Speaker 2: Then all the Warrior talk.
Speaker 4: About him as like the best defensive that had back he turned they were a service.
Speaker 2: The second cry shot block.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point, and it's kind of a similar construct to with some decent athleticism on the perimeter, but like a kind of a ify big down one.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's given your issues in these finals.
Speaker 1: And I wonder if you'll kind of lean more into the Mitchell Robinson of all the side Cat to look in and see if they can't get more of a low man type of role for Cat to succeed better.
Speaker 2: N scale right away, it's been your quarter.
Speaker 8: What do you need to see to take a stranglehold on these finals?
Speaker 2: Be more deliberate on offense. We're kind of getting in the rat race with them.
Speaker 3: Make them work on the You're absolutely righty man, great analysis taking those offensive rebounds of the very much agree.
Speaker 2: Physical play continued.
Speaker 1: It literally felt like emotionally they were getting worked up by the step.
Speaker 3: I think that's generally part of the Steph Curry epista, just sort of black.
Speaker 4: Breaking nature of the mental scramble.
Speaker 2: Having the guard's cup Curry.
Speaker 1: This is something I talk about all the time, like there there are weird mental elements with shooting, where like when another player is playing awesome, like in a crazy groove, and he's starting to kind of like psychologically dominate the game, it can get everyone else to be a little shaky with their confidence, and like, these are just all parts of those things when I talk about basketball being more art and science, it's just part of all those complications. Once again, deep Robert there, But yeah, I just I'm a big believer that there's a lot of moving parts that you get to with shooting before you get straight. Because like there were some clean looks in there, like and Marcus step back, Like It's not like he wasn't open. I mean he got a preparation that took another Tatum.
Speaker 5: Three attention to detail by Wiggins going under that flare screen.
Speaker 1: I think Pool should have taken the floaty there. Don't like that shot, Tu chips it back out. Pritchard is so much better now than he wasn't.
Speaker 2: So good now? Yeah, Elie's on an island.
Speaker 1: Oh what's really frustrating about that one too, is Wiggins and Clay weren't really gapping that time. There was plenty of space to drive start. Ja Brown's stupid.
Speaker 2: That's a deep shot and another under the deep shot.
Speaker 1: Jay Brown immediately looks to the ground this like, did you you had like fifteen feet of space to the left end of the right and you took the three against them?
Speaker 8: That's a chance in transition to get good looks.
Speaker 2: I'm Jason Tatum. I got to get the pain.
Speaker 1: It always is tough when you get to Mike Brown.
Speaker 7: Way off, Jaylen Brown goes to Green Green swiping out a tough full away.
Speaker 2: Shot buckets against. That's where I love the process. Seventeen for Crown.
Speaker 1: One thing I do like about Jordan's game is looking for somebody and he throws it away. Weigans went through the jump pass there, which isn't good, but both Clay and Jordan's kind of gave up on their spacing and we're just kind of floating out to half court almost preparing for.
Speaker 2: Offense Jalen Brown.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things I've always really liked about Jordan Poole's game. He does sell his hell out of his and he throws it in and out dribble. He's turning his whole body to the.
Speaker 2: Last I don't want to go down without the best player, and.
Speaker 1: He'll on his like uh like that uh coming out crossover dribble where he like kind of sets up going to the right. He really sells that one well too well.
Speaker 2: It was back to Tatum Seeker.
Speaker 3: It was unbelievably committed to his process and I really respect that. Again, a game where if you lose is you're down three willing and not placed at the whole the whole fourth quarter is like real willpower, commitment to your philosophy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he did the same thing. He sat the first three minutes of games seven against one day.
Speaker 2: Here we go, ty game. That's an even crazy last year.
Speaker 1: I think Boston girls in a five defensively, and Tatum's got to win this match. Well, be elitz A getting stops on an island, guys, and it should. He's too skilled of an offensive player. Let anything he does bother him. That's one of those Jordan's tool bad shots you kind of gotta live with because it's part of the chaos. And he just fuck you know, except to jack that game from Boston.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, the death that's off his shoulder though, that was.
Speaker 4: A defensive sequence.
Speaker 6: Off the body of Now he gets his hand in there standing defense. That's back to battle battle and gives himself a chance. Take a look who went off on that's the strip. Yeah it was a foul, but it was off and yeah, but it's no foul, so.
Speaker 7: It's clearly off of the elites, and it only played fifteen minutes in the first three games most of the time.
Speaker 3: So that is the type of play where I we talked about about the Josment fouling a lot last stef Ron.
Speaker 4: That's one where I like the because if they were, you shouldn't be able to review that and have that be off of the elites.
Speaker 2: That would be so stupid.
Speaker 4: Totally agree, but like sometimes you got the opposite where it.
Speaker 2: Kind of like breaks the flow, the drives down.
Speaker 1: I think overall the we've kind of skewed too far towards trying to get it right instead of just accepting that referees make mistakes and that's part of.
Speaker 2: The fourth quarter in game one, but turn that game Brown drives. That's the smartest spouse fars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marcus Smart's animals hip the ground there.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's your five over run.
Speaker 4: The Brown has played great this basketball game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been you know, he's come through big, especially in moments where paid him hasn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think any Jaylen Brown is better than Jason Tatum. This horse should be stopped at the first word of the sentence. But I do respect and I love as a fan of the Speltics that Jalen Brown does have a bit of a better like things are going tough, I'm getting.
Speaker 4: In the paint at it even as shot a tempt at the rim like you did the fade away on Draymond the session before. But he's like, I'm touching it different as well.
Speaker 1: And this is a this is where it gets into like a tougher conversation, which is like at the highest levels of basketball, you really do see the difference between the apex athletes and a really good right tam is a really good athlete, but he's not score Yeah by.
Speaker 3: Brown two and the chat step that are in that past like Oblin Stare I got the mask. It really is crazy, but we it's not the same play obviously, but we just watched on Monday the game seven behind the back pass and bounds and games.
Speaker 2: Like just hurting them you can't help himself.
Speaker 1: Step has a little bit of that flair that's part of his game. And by the way, the Warriors have always been a high turnover even when they've been great.
Speaker 3: Guys been talking about the Warriors having overstue for ten years because we have because having turned.
Speaker 7: Over it's all decided by double figures, no one doubt game and no.
Speaker 8: Draymond Green on the floor going down the stretch.
Speaker 7: It's three blocks, potato wigans fakes fires, can't hit.
Speaker 1: One of the things that uh that Jackson pointed out is, uh, Steph obviously hits a bunch of free throws at the end of his game, but he only makes one three and one two in this fourth quarter. So somebody for the Warriors here's gonna step up.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember who it is.
Speaker 7: Let's see gathers himself. He drives, pulls back five on the twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for the record, that's not like trying to undercut step In his kids, Like you're if Stepp doesn't shoot the way he did to start this Uh, to start this game, you're down eighteen and you're going down three to one, and when you're losing the series, he kept you close.
Speaker 4: He kept you probably down like twelve going into the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have that part at the end of it.
Speaker 1: Nything exactly if he chops him back in the game makes us drive on White styles. Okay, Clay Dude had great balance on that. He broke Derek White off on that nasty a three points so.
Speaker 4: Team that Draymond didn't play.
Speaker 2: Did he come back?
Speaker 4: In kind of he doesn't even come back.
Speaker 2: In the games. Tatum gets away lay up. How about make that corner pass.
Speaker 1: Though m h grim finishing has always been an issue for him.
Speaker 2: Wigans gets it side his shot, won't go fight for the rebound.
Speaker 1: Wiggins gets it back in nice work from Andrew Wiggins high Motor Wiggins. The one year that high Motor Wiggins was a thing fifteen points per Wagans. By the way, speaking of apex athletes, one dude the Wiggins is high school dulk knicks gape is.
Speaker 2: Williams.
Speaker 1: Brown spins into traffic Smart the drive. He just seemed to like shop off the ground and to say before the show, I'm surprised it didn't give him all that.
Speaker 8: And Curry knew he was beaten, took the foul early pass.
Speaker 1: Probably do you have sixteen rebounds in this game?
Speaker 2: Eric, no question, side out second team foul.
Speaker 1: If that's true, that's an insane stat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Curry with three personals, all right, Chompson seventeen and sixteen.
Speaker 1: That's a line like a damn you twenty twenty from Wiggins in a middle finals game.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Also, I don't know about clamping, but making life very difficult for Jason tam and a.
Speaker 1: Twenty five and fifteen game five. Yeah, Wiggins was special in this. I still playing like I still claim to that as a Lakers fan and wants them.
Speaker 3: It's hard to not watch that and be like, of course the Wordsompson like he had.
Speaker 4: He was their second best player and in the championship winning season.
Speaker 1: I really think one of the fas that I really think that personal issue we had that kept him off the course so much.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think that really just hurt his reputation amongst the Warriors fans, just because it was like an aval and then it broke his rhythm and he's always been.
Speaker 2: Such a rhythm player. Yeah, Austin still up four here, Gass shot on the man.
Speaker 1: Hurry up, dribbled back to poll, beautiful close out attack.
Speaker 2: Jordan's Biggs again, Wiggins again on the glass, and.
Speaker 4: It's still losing. He doesn't score again, then eric Linus.
Speaker 2: Grad your defense security.
Speaker 1: He doesn't score against someone else that second shot. Great defense from Clay Read that perfectly on the left right to left cross to set up on the right hand and beat.
Speaker 2: Him to the spot.
Speaker 1: Surry looking for that opening the lost Clay boom once again. Step just draws two, just dribbling the basketball up the Portland transitions.
Speaker 8: In transition and off. Second shot.
Speaker 1: That was a massive shot from.
Speaker 2: Clay good touch pass by Curry.
Speaker 1: That was kind of a no dip to see that he went right up with it on that when Robert Williams closing out for Curry. Fourth row, Jalen Brown stupid shot right after, so Warriors take the lead. Jalen Brown comes down and forces on the movie.
Speaker 2: It's nine rebounds in the game to go with thirty three points. He drops and Harry will bring it back out smart harassing carry Williams on him.
Speaker 1: Look this is the switch. Yeah, he just dribbles right around and like these bigs, they struggled. Like Williams is very athletic compared to Biggs. But it's just another thing guarding Step in space.
Speaker 4: I mean, we talked about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know after I rewatched the Games seven finals on Monday, I know people say he just did not have the easibility getting around Tristan Thompson about that.
Speaker 4: It was not he was not kicking an ice like he's cooking an ice.
Speaker 2: At this point.
Speaker 5: It's Draymond Green and Robert Williams, who's played thirty one minutes out.
Speaker 1: This is why I refer to it as the best version. I just think he had a level of.
Speaker 2: Off the durable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Raymond, we're going to one of our pods at the time.
Speaker 2: When we come back with three twenty one remaining.
Speaker 4: He said what he said on one of our pots at the time that he thinks, Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Just it's really not a hard one for me. I'm just a big believer in experience, being a big asset for.
Speaker 8: The podcast tonight, Yeah say it.
Speaker 2: Jeff picked up Horford.
Speaker 1: What did he say?
Speaker 4: They can't wait for the podcast tonight. I was getting supxcited whenever.
Speaker 2: They mentioned the pod. I'm going away the broadcast.
Speaker 7: It comes up short. That's some terrific defense from Horford and then.
Speaker 2: A loose ball.
Speaker 1: What a cool experience, man, We'll go the other ways loud.
Speaker 2: He picks up the personal Draymond Green coming back into the ball game. But this is outstanding.
Speaker 1: You're never gonna get to do anything that cool with me.
Speaker 2: Jack, who it was? I was?
Speaker 4: I was in the defense Warriors Championships celebration. Who is the coolest night of my life?
Speaker 2: That's the fourteen on the pedal. Thompson guarding Brown. Brown on the drive, gets in the paint, kicks it out.
Speaker 1: Great defense from Draymond, excellent closed out Seorgan.
Speaker 7: Brown, the rebound back out to White. Derek Whake continues down a lane, Horford to Tatum, Tatum to Spin.
Speaker 2: Smart tries another three.
Speaker 1: That's not a terrible look closet he had in any game in his career.
Speaker 6: The answer was defense screen to try to get the matchup that I back to that Steph Curry won on one, Curry looking for.
Speaker 7: Opening Kesake, you know, and the double team finds Looney. Looney nearly stripped, dives on the ball, comes up with a chuck clock winding down.
Speaker 1: To take this a step further, like the Draymond quote to you when he was basically calling this series, when I don't think that comes from just like aamless arrogance or confidence. I literally think he's like, oh, like, these dudes won't be able to score on us when we really watch. I think that ultimately is why he believed they.
Speaker 2: War.
Speaker 1: I think you looked at it and He's like, I want to trust these Tatum all the ways I don't trust these Jaylen Brown shots, Like I think we can guard these guys eventually, so we'll get the stops we need to get.
Speaker 8: The Warriors.
Speaker 2: Picked up by Horford here in game four.
Speaker 1: Look at how Raymond trump that right hand driving I'm telling on Jalen Brown at the end of this series was outrageously and it was kind of funny because the story not to say that Draymond did before he works on Dalen Brown. He certainly did, but like the storyline at the beginning of the series was like, oh, like, can't guard Jalen.
Speaker 2: Until six point.
Speaker 1: That's a nasty shot.
Speaker 8: Dang, but Mike again, it.
Speaker 3: Happens most Splash brothers getting a bang call in the fourth quarters.
Speaker 1: Off the defense and look at the jab to get just.
Speaker 2: Enough room from White.
Speaker 3: Derek watched the ball for just watch like Derek White takes his takes his eyes off of this basketball. They're off of Steph and watching the basketball for like point point two seconds and Steph the darts the other way.
Speaker 4: Compass and cry looking at the part that and then death is gone.
Speaker 1: And this is why off ball defense is or off ball movement is so important for shooters and why it kills me that guy's like Dame never embraced it. It's like such an easy way to get defenders out of position because they're always looking the other way.
Speaker 2: Man ball, man ball, man ball.
Speaker 1: You get these little gaps in time where you can where you can check. Yeah, Like I thought, I thought, like for all to talk about early in the series about Draymond needing the guard Jalens, Let's give straight place some credit figure.
Speaker 2: Sailing out when he needed or for corner three. That's a shot.
Speaker 1: And Jalen had some other big games in the series. I think he's a couple of massive ones towards the end. But like the point is that this is the game they had to get, and Clay got the stops he needed to get in the game.
Speaker 2: Pulls back to Draymond Green up top Wiggins play tops on a three, has a great offense rebound from Draymond.
Speaker 4: Shot was calling u stuff like the green goblin mask.
Speaker 2: Floats in the green again bring the loading.
Speaker 1: By the way, that was a short role possession. That one of those short roles that he may trying so hard.
Speaker 2: Health to give a green in the pocket.
Speaker 1: It was a switch, but Raymond slipped out of the switch really fast and got behind his mane happen.
Speaker 2: It wasn't really a blitz.
Speaker 1: That was a great example with Raymond rolling situation, staying convicted the Brown.
Speaker 2: And won a defensive game for times.
Speaker 1: Tom, I tell you what, that's just enough juice on a repaired Achilles and a repaired a c l.
Speaker 2: Just enough juice and that's a gutsy, gutsy decision.
Speaker 1: And wow, look at the pursuit of the ball there was crazy.
Speaker 2: With fifty second Kyrie Tries goes.
Speaker 1: Down and Jalen Jalen's aimless ball pressure against Steph Curry seventy. He just cost his team another two points.
Speaker 2: Second foul on Horford.
Speaker 6: Steph Curry continued to keep his foot on the gas, realizing he's not gonna look put it down. He's got to continue to do you take the contact and they're going to challenge that call.
Speaker 7: Challenging it A Curry pushed off with that left off and his talent in the run to the defensive file on the plane.
Speaker 2: That's James Caper's the crew cheek.
Speaker 3: One of those Steph Curry games and a lot of his games like this, but sometimes it's a.
Speaker 4: Little more like intentional about gaming Lee. He is just playing in the final time, did he like to.
Speaker 2: The ball once?
Speaker 4: Like how many high picking us? Like not even that many. He's just kind of playing the game and he ends up with passing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I just don't think it's like I I really I got a lot of ship putting him up at number six from my player rankings, and like, I just was so amazed that he started that incredibly Warriors roster and twenty offense and like that really is the thing for me, is like there's a challenge. I think that was a very depsibility to be this like incredibly dynamic score while all being in the flow of the offense just freaking locks this level team or something.
Speaker 2: I always think it's been underrated.
Speaker 1: Like I'm a big Lebron guy, you guys know I am, And I think Lebron is a better player than Steph when when they were both at their beats. But I do think Steph was a little bit, just a tiny bit better, and a big part of it was just his ability to just play modern offense in the flow.
Speaker 2: But do Stephan performance environment from Stan Curry but.
Speaker 1: Then also, like in the twenty twenty three series against the Lakers, like he can also just be like, all right, you need me a run forty pick and rolls tonight do that too?
Speaker 2: I mean that the long Game seven against.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, quick corner three boy off agins, the rebound, bigre not my legs, Curry double team trying to get away foms.
Speaker 3: I've had forty three best player in the game. Time Lot was awesome, Wiggins was awesome. Pool was pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Who was awesome in the first half, especially remaining in some of the Celtic fans heading for the exits. What a road performance from Stephen Curry the Golden State Warriors. He knows facing a possibility of falling three to one back in the series and slam.
Speaker 4: You're talking about the Bay Area brain Shrek.
Speaker 3: Branch trust deciding not to build a team around him the next test, Like that's I get it. And they criticizing a different ops like in are totally ballads, especially in some of those teams. Or after you after watching this game, how could you not stay hey Jordan and like, how could you watch this and be like we gotta switch it up?
Speaker 1: No, the funk up? Was not trading to main Marilu wise men. Those are that was where they went wrong.
Speaker 2: If they do that, they just simply have more talent around their four game.
Speaker 3: The draft picks told you about the batch wise men and the drafting stuff.
Speaker 2: You're the most important game. Boer off this thing unless the full off some unbelievable miracle.
Speaker 1: And this is a guy that was of course, I've always been like like it. It took it took me growing up and getting the getting away from the AS Warriors rivalries for me to really appreciate it. But like, I just think that this defense has been I just think he's founding like the supreme leader and like competitor of his era.
Speaker 2: Like I just just such a With five minutes left, the non war is made.
Speaker 4: And when the Patriots got him, like I was still.
Speaker 2: I thought they were I thought they were in.
Speaker 7: They've seen it all, bitter disappointments in finals, trying to find that magic again.
Speaker 1: He kept waiting for the perfect player, and like sometimes you just gotta like Wigans wasn't the perfect player either, but he found a way for his talent to eventually fit into a role and it worked.
Speaker 2: You know, But coach I gotta ask you, all right, perfect be the enemy of good. I think that's an expression of the popular expression for a reason like that has been an impact.
Speaker 1: It's the situation with this cominga situation it's like they're waiting for the perfect deal and.
Speaker 2: It ain't.
Speaker 1: It ain't time for that anymore, Like that time has passed, Yeah, Jackson big takeaways.
Speaker 4: Big takeaways are that Steph Curry is a bad man.
Speaker 2: Is a big takeaway.
Speaker 3: But also, I mean, I think it's easy to the everything changes so fast in the NBA is my big takeaway because it really Klay Thompson one year later, where like that dude can't move, like he can't even move out there on defense.
Speaker 4: I think he was doing a very good job defensively here.
Speaker 3: Wiggins, I mean, Wiggins has you know, a lot of other circumstances that seem to lead to some of his struggles, but looks dynamic out there on both unto the floor tonight, JP looked the perfect Steph light microwave score off the bench for them, and then you know, for other reasons, it sort of goes south, obviously, but it's it's just crazy how quickly the cycle changes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and that really, especially for these older veteran teams. That's really the thing is the window is tight. But at the same time, like that title, like the twenty twenty two title, like that's why it's so hard to give up some of these teams. The circumstances break right, A couple of young teams aren't. Like if you're in the Western Conference right now, if you're the Warriors, like, how could you not think like we have a chance. All it takes is for Denver and okay See to play in the second round and one of them to get eliminated, and for Denver to advance, and then Jokic just can't guard Steph in space, and all of a sudden, you could have your you could have like the it like, and then the team comes out of the Eastern Conference that's flawed, out of a weak East like it just the it's I understand why some people want to be realists about the situation when you're in that second tier of contenders and look towards the future, but like it goes against the competitive nature piece, And this ultimately is why I respect the guys like Steph, Like you do you think Steph still thinks he can win absolute fuckolutely he thinks he can, and like, how do you not give him a shot?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And like I get it's a little more complicated when you're Lebron and he's forty one, and like, yeah, you really have to look towards the future soon, but yeah, I'm one hundred percent with you. And then as far as takeaways for the game, like I again, like Clay's defense, which is something we've talked about over the years, Andrew Wiggins rebounding and just overall his activity and all the good that he did. The last thing I'll say is, like email Udoka talked about this, but Boston really seemed to get psyched out on offense and it starts to get into some sketchy process instead of like getting to the right matchups and then attacking those matchups towards the rim, when they got favorable matchups, they settled, and that really was what did them in. They just never really had They never were able to find like a pet action or a pet set that they could run that got them consistent good looks that they could hit. And that was why Draymond felt like they were gonna win the series.
Speaker 2: He just knew.
Speaker 1: They never really had an answer, but thank you guys for hanging out with us. This has been a lot of fun. We sincerely appreciate you guys supporting us in supporting the show. We'll be back Monday, finally getting started with season previous. We've tweaked our format. We're gonna go division by division, so we're gonna actually do a season preview for all thirty teams. Now, for the teams towards the bottom, I promise you I'm not going to spend ten minutes deeply breaking down the team, but we are gonna at least very briefly touch on those teams, and we will get to all thirty teams through the divisions. I believe we're doing three divisions next week and three divisions the following week, and then the week after that we're gonna get into our player our power rankings and awards predictions and stuff like that. But again, we appreciate you guys for supporting us and supporting the show. We will be back on Monday with season previews.
Speaker 2: I'll see you guys the