Speaker 1: Hello, man, I'm gonna tell you what a perfect sunday, an absolute perfect sunday. I couldn't have been set up any better. Can you agree with me?
Speaker 2: I think you're trying to get me to buy into it being an awesome sunday, and then you saying how it wasn't.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it was a beautiful day. Was it a beautiful day here in town? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I live in the country, I don't live in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Was it about seventy eight degrees when you walked outside? It felt amazing. The clouds were covering so it wasn't too hot. The sun was still out, but it wasn't just torching you. The wind was blowing. It felt amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, it was about seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Your boy gets up and gets the kids some breakfast, says, you know what, I'm gonna go see you later, honey, honey, I'm gonna go for a run. And so I went for a run, feeling wonderful about myself. And I get back, haven't even had a glass of water yet, and say about a glass of wine. I was like what? And baby Box two is like, hey, can we go for a bike ride? Okay, let's go for a bike ride doing an iron man. So I chugged down some water and I'm like, I didn't know we were in a triathlon. Let's roll and we go for a bike ride and we're riding around the neighborhood just having a good old time. And then we head back to the house after about a twenty minute bike ride, and there's my wife's sitting on the porch talking to some woman. And the woman waves at me and I wave back, and she's got two kids with her, and I'm like, I feel like a dick. I have no idea who this woman is, Like, I do not recognize her. I'm like, how is my wife? Like who is this woman? I have not seen that shelf before? Well that also, but I was like, I don't like I feel so bad, but I'm just acting like I know her because obviously she's sitting on my porch talking to my wife. Two kids are going in and out of my house make it And I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, how's it going, good to see you, and she's like a.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, man, I really don't remember her. What is it Amy Morgan, Babby No. And then my wife's like oh, I did it again. She was just walking by with her kids. So I just invited her on the porch.
Speaker 2: What kind of life do you guys live? I said, Oh, she goes, yeah, this is so and so I think her name was Karen or something like that, and I was like, nice.
Speaker 1: To meet you.
Speaker 2: You have to change that name to Kiki.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was keky Hi. I'm Keikey. Nice to meet you. And I'm like, okay, that's why I didn't recognize you. I was like, I had no idea who you were. When you were waving, I was waving back like I knew you. And my wife just has this habit where anybody walking by with kids, she just starts talking to them invites them on the porch.
Speaker 2: Yeah that makes more sense with the kids.
Speaker 1: And so the kids get out of the stroller and they're going in and out of my house. My wife and this woman are sitting on the front porch talking and I am like, okay, cool. And then another family walks by on their way back from church, and the lady Kiki knows that family, so they stop with their two kids. What is going on? And so there are four brand new kids running around my yard and.
Speaker 2: In my house, get out of the ferns.
Speaker 1: And I am still dripping sweat from my run and from my bike ride with the kids.
Speaker 2: You look like a recovery alcoholic.
Speaker 1: I absolutely do. It looks like I'm sweating out alcohol from a three day bender. And I'm like, hi, guys, I mean I'm smelling. I'm sure I stink. And they're just hanging They're in their church clothes. The other lady had walked to somewhere. I don't even know where she'd walk to. She was on a walk with her kids when my wife stopped her. And so they're all just hanging out and they hung out for like an hour and a half at my house at eight thirty in the morning. This was by this time, it was about nine forty five. Is when this all started. Life starts early for the parents, starts early. And so then they leave and I'm like, oh man, we better get the kids lunch and they'll take a rest and I will sit down. At one forty when Scotty Scheffler is teeing off for the PGA Championship, and so we start getting ready, start doing that, get some lunch together, all right, Here we go, Dad Word's Quail Hollow.
Speaker 2: It's in Charlotte's.
Speaker 1: And then I get a text from Garrett and apparently he's at Quail Hollow. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a buddy that went to Quail Hollow as well. Apparently it's quick Charlotte hour and a half flight. Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't tell me he was going. I just got a text and it had no words or anything. It was just a picture of Scotty Sheffler walking and I'm like, oh, I didn't know you were going, and he never responded.
Speaker 2: And I think those golf events, if you're not drinking, it's probably pretty boring. The videos I saw for my buddy, you just can't talk. I mean he would post a two minute clip and you couldn't talk the entire time. Scotty's about to swing, and when.
Speaker 1: You're there in person, it's about eight minutes, nine minutes, ten minutes in between shots, so you're just chilling.
Speaker 2: And all the golfers are such tools. You can hear them in the background. Great shot, Scottie, great shot. Oh and he goes in the water. I'm like, you guys are idiots. None of you even knew where the ball was going.
Speaker 3: And one of the clips they all go, oh my god, oh it's fenw oh great, good shot, good shot. Oh so it obviously rolled off somewhere, but all these experts thought it was a perfect shot.
Speaker 1: They yell and they screw. And what's amazing to me is when I watch on TV. I don't know if there's like a camera there where these guys see the ball, but when they hit it three hundred yards and they're like, you can't see three hundred yards, So how do you know where it's landing? The people are the player, the player. I bet the player has a pretty I bet they can watch their balls land.
Speaker 2: You'd think you can hit a ball three hundred yards and see it. Yeah, dude, some people have better vision than others. Justin heck, no, the Dodds, mister Dodd Dodd. No, they're terrible at finding their balls. Who else you You're good, you can come close, But I can't see three not a chance, no chance, no chance, or hey, or how far it went? He is, Oh man, it's up by the green man. Depth perception is something Pits does not have. And some people, when they're golf, they don't do the landmarks. Justin doesn't pick a tree and say Okay, my ball's about ten feet from that tree. Justin will get out there and have no clue is depth. He'll think that he's three hundred yards, but he's actually two hundred yards. I'm like, dude, you got to pick a fence post, you got a tree line, a shrub, a bush, a fern, a hedge, a trench, a creek, a river, and then see where your ball is from there. Every single time Justin gets completely lost, I'm like, you gotta be looking in the horse pasture because that's where it went.
Speaker 1: I mean, I brought my clubs with me today thinking I could sneak in some golf are and drunk. It's rain so.
Speaker 2: It's been raining since seven am.
Speaker 1: I I'm like, great, so I'm not gonna be playing golf today. So they're just gonna sit there. And I didn't get to sweek the Cubs clubs last week, so I have not played golf in like two weeks and it's really annoying. But anyway, back to the golf pod. So I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna sit down and watch Scottie Scheffler and next thing you know, I know, it's about two fifteen. I'm about to sit down. My wife's like, are you ready to go? What are we doing now? I said, no, no, no, I'm gonna watch Scheffler for a little bit and then I'm gonna turn on Game seven of the Nuggets in thunder at two thirty and she said, oh, no, no, no, we have kindergarten meet up for Baby Box two at three.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Sunday, no less.
Speaker 1: I said, what. She goes, yeah, it's Popsicles in the park. They're doing a kindergarten meet up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pops is at home, not going the park.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, oh, I didn't. I thought we did that at the end of the summer. Lay She said, oh, we Last year they did it at the end of the summer, two weekends in a row. But this year they decided to change it and do one of them at the beginning of the summer and one at the end. So maybe you can make some friends at the beginning of the summer and the kindergarten kids can get to know each.
Speaker 2: Other over the summer. Dude, this is advanced man, So I'm like.
Speaker 1: All right, cool. And then she was like, and you know, since uh, he's never done it, and he's it's gonna be the first time at the elementary school for him. I thought you'd want to ride bikes with him so he can experience it like you do with Baby Box.
Speaker 2: You can't do another run and ride. You've been at it all day. You do one more, it's gonna be MAUI seventy point two half iron Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So then Baby Box two's like, yeah, Dad, Dad, can we ride bikes? Can we ride bikes to the school? And I'm like, all right, man, get your helmet. I was just sitting down to watch. I mean, I guess I'll watch Game seven when I get back. All right, that's fine. I mean it'll be what second quarter by the time I get back, the middle of maybe halftime. So we put the helmets on and we strap them on, and my wife's like, oh, don't forget to bring your water bottles. All right?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we go. We ride all the way to school. We get there, we're the second people there at the kindergarten meet up, and you've been sweating all day.
Speaker 2: Well, you gas bill every month like a dollar?
Speaker 1: Ah? Yeah, about that. We don't fill up the vehicle very often, dude, And we don't use much gas and so we get there, were the second people there, and out on the way there, Baby Box two is like, I'm like, are you excited? He goes, yeah, I'm excited a little bit.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, are you feeling anything else? Are you having any other emotions? He said, I'm a little nervous too. Dad, I'm like, oh, why are you nervous? He goes meeting the new kids, like we're gonna all.
Speaker 1: Not know each other. I said, yeah, that's okay, but you can like play tag, you can play soccer, you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Maybe some of them are refurry.
Speaker 1: I said, And he goes, well, I probably have to introduce myself first, because if I don't know their name, it'd be kind of weird to play tag if I don't know their name. Good point, genius, I says, very smart, dude, very smart. So we get there and he's playing on the playground. I'm sitting there talking to some parent that I already know because they have a kindergartener this year and then they have another one going to kindergarten next year, just like us. So I talked to her and I'm just standing there and then other people start showing up, and then my wife shows up with the other two box boys and baby Box two. The whole time, guess who he plays with himself? His brothers, doesn't meet a single new kid, learn the other families, doesn't meet a single new new kid. And then I talked to a guy that I know because he's the coach with me of the San Diego Padres.
Speaker 2: What a small talk hell hole. And so we're just chatting it up, and how's the weather good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: How's your sex life?
Speaker 1: Gary?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I just thought to him and I was like, man, you know what's funny about these things. We're gonna come. We come to this thing and we're gonna talk to the people we know. We're not gonna meet anybody new. And he goes, exactly, you look for someone you know and you just get right there and you don't want to move.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, when have you thrown it back with the old lady last time?
Speaker 1: And so we're just chatting it up, and then my wife comes over and goes, all right, we better leave, and I'm like, what do you mean it's not over yet. She goes, yeah, but we have the baseball team party from four to six. I'm like, oh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Little did you know? You were fully slotted all Sunday.
Speaker 1: I said, I totally forgot. We have baseball four to six gaped it. She said, so, do you want to put your bike in the car, and I said, no, We'll just leave my bike here and we'll just come back on the way home and I'll just jump on my bike and ride home.
Speaker 2: You need to find a YMCA and do a mile swim because you knocked out a half marathon iron man, solely crap.
Speaker 1: We jump in the car and we drive, and we go to the team party and hang out, and we're there for like two two and a half hours. I have no idea what's going on with the golf. I have no idea what's going on with the basketball. And I'm just sitting there and I didn't see a single stroke my cell phone. I didn't. Well, listen, dude, I'm trying to live like not on the cell phone, trying to be in the moment and hang out with all the parents. You're off the grid.
Speaker 2: You're off the grid, aren't you?
Speaker 1: And no, I'm not off the grid completely.
Speaker 3: Ray.
Speaker 2: I only eat greens and we're.
Speaker 1: Sitting there after a while and it's probably I mean maybe six o'clock at night. I went to bed at five thirty. Yeah, what is happening? And I'm sitting there, I'm like, oh, by the way, who won the basketball game? And one of the dads next to me goes, he goes, it wasn't the Nuggets, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: And I was like, thanks, Oh, I'll guess the other team.
Speaker 1: So some dad looked it up. He goes, whoa thunder one by thirty?
Speaker 2: Wait, so none of these other idiots knew the.
Speaker 1: Score, dude, we were all at the team party.
Speaker 2: Bro, there's apps.
Speaker 1: I got YouTube TV, I have Amazon Prime.
Speaker 2: I could pull up any baseball game, any golf match, any basketball game in less than two seconds, show you the score, and put it back in my pocket.
Speaker 1: Rocket. And then I was like, oh, well, who won the golf And then the dad was like, oh, Scheffler won. He won by like six strokes. I'm like, wow, all right, cool man, what a Sunday. I'm glad I got caught up on sports right now in the last ten seconds, because I didn't see a bit of it. Ray are you guys gambling? So that was it. I was the sports I watched. I saw the kids throw some baseballs and tennis balls back and forth, played catch and run into the woods for a little bit, going exploring, and Baby Box three came back bleeding with a cut on his arm, and Baby Box two had a cut on his hand because he found some glass he was picking up. But that was it. That was the extent of my sports watching. The perfect sunday for a game seven and a major championship turned into kindergarten meet up, a baseball team party, and random people in my yard and in my house. It was fantastic. But here's the thing. Looking back, the game was a blowout. I guess the PGA Championship wasn't close because he won by six. So I really missed nothing exactly. I thought, that's what you were gonna say thirteen minutes ago. No. I Luckily my life did not take me from the excitement of the sporting world, and I enjoyed my day doing other things. But the sports turned out to be big duds.
Speaker 2: Are we going to go into the games or is that all we're gonna say about him? A rock and roll?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that after we're gonna go into him right after this break I started it. Please explain to.
Speaker 2: Me what was that? What was that in the bathroom? Like, what how does that happen? Please explain to me. So it is honestly a great disservice. Somebody exploded.
Speaker 1: I mean, guys, when I say Ray was at one urinal, this guy that was formerly on this podcast was at another urinal. And there's only two urinals. So then there's the first doll in the second stall. Mike Dee decides to go on the second stall, so I'm like, oh, I'm going to go in the first doll and I walk in. Oh my god, Oh my god. I mean, it was an explosion that I have never seen in my life, Like nothing I'd ever seen like that. And here's the crazy part, Like, after you have that explosion, you don't flush it. There was no toilet paper with it. So did they just explode and then run out of the building. They dropped a bomb.
Speaker 2: But it's one of those where I don't want to get too gross with you guys, but it was one where it was, uh, you know, it's shot.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of.
Speaker 2: Backfire, Yes, so the backsplash those are probably tougher to clean up.
Speaker 1: No, no, but they didn't even flush. I gotta be real, dude.
Speaker 2: I was in Costa Rica for a whole summer, drinking water and getting sick from the water, and I still never had a bomb like that. That was something to be impressed by. Holy crap. I mean, there's no way a woman could even do what we saw. That is like an NFL football player. That is like a guy that just had McDonald's for a month straight. Dude, that was a lot.
Speaker 1: The funny part is is I react that way and instantly the guy that used to be on this podcast goes, oh, I saw that, and We're like, wait, when did you see it? He said, oh, I saw it this morning earlier, and I'm like, you didn't flush it? He goes, did you flush it? And I was like, no, I didn't get anywhere near it. And the fact that it still hadn't been flushed three hours later tells you that no one wanted to go near that well.
Speaker 2: And that's the not good thing is because then you leave it to the cleaning lady. Why are we too good to not clean up our grenade? And then she has to go clean it up.
Speaker 1: It wasn't my grenade.
Speaker 2: I'm speaking for the person exactly.
Speaker 1: I am not gonna go in there after someone else's grenade and take care of it. I wasn't gonna flush it. There was no toilet paper, so there had to be I was worried about explosion other places. And then Ray even goes and washes his hand, and we are continuing to talk about it, and he goes, all right, fine, fine, I'm gonna go look at it. I'm gonna check it out. And Ray's reaction was disgusting.
Speaker 2: Because it makes you think the only thing holding it in there into that porcelain throne was the seat. And so then it leads you to wonder, was it on the walls, was it on the stall, was it on the floor?
Speaker 1: Was it on the bottom of the seat? So like, if you lifted that up to go pee, was it on the bottom of the seat? Do you get it on your hands? So I just left it and I waited for a urinal to become open. I did, I did my urinal, and I left the bathroom. And someone is gonna go in there, and someone is eventually gonna flush it. I don't know if it's gonna be the cleaning lady that likes to clean in the middle of the day. Now, this is one time it's valid that she should clean in the middle of the office. Period.
Speaker 2: She's gonna kill somebody, she may quit her job, but over.
Speaker 1: One bomb that. I'm gonna tell you what. My sister used to work at the movie theater right South Park, like thirty five and Stastny I think is what it was, and she was the manager. Maybe this is when she worked at the Dollar theater over there at Wells Branch. That may have been it. A lot of popcorn shards. Yeah, And someone came and said, excuse me, Uh, there's a bathroom and the women's that's clogged. Women's and the women's and so the manager tells my sister, Hey, you know you're the woman working, can you go take care of that in the women's bathroom? And my sister's like okay, And my sister's really shy and quiet. So she goes in the women's bathroom and she sees the damage, stays in there for about five minutes, and then comes out and goes, all right, it's all taken care of. She didn't touch it.
Speaker 2: That's what I was waiting for.
Speaker 1: About thirty minutes later, someone came to the manager's like, hey, I just went in the women's restroom and one are the toilets is dude, I bought her popcorn man towizzlers. He looks at my sisters goes, I thought you cleaned it, and my sister's I'm sorry, I just couldn't do it. Repeat offender.
Speaker 2: That happened one time we were on a school field trip fifth grade. Hate to go gross, but this is pretty funny. And it was five six am is when they made us get up. It was in a snowy area, so we had to get all showered and cleaned up and then walked to the cottage area where we all learned and stuff about the mountains and about different animal tracks and all that kinds of crap. Grant to Scat, Yes, it was named after a woman's breasts. Grant teetan national park. We're there for a whole week in school. It was a phenomenal, fascinating trip. Well, one morning we only had one bathroom and it was clogged, and the teachers wanted to handle it. They said, guys, we'll go address situation. They went in there and the one teacher goes, I'm not even being a comedian here. What is in that toilet is the size of a human forearm, and he said it looked like a bear snuck into our cabin and went the bathroom in one of the toilets. And so nobody would admit to it. They may have even offered money. I know they offered. They go, just admit, we just want to know who did it. Admit it, and we'll give you a free thing, or you get a free front of the line to go to dinner or something. Nobody would admit to it. Nobody would admit to it. Days later, I have a twin brother, Oh, and Bro comes forward and he.
Speaker 1: Says, dude, that was me.
Speaker 2: Drop the bear shit, Dude, it was my own blood. Oh man, you should have recognized it. Man, I don't know if I looked at I think the teachers all did. They because they were grossed out about it. It was a major situation. You don't have a toilet and the Grand Titans, you're gonna have to start going in the snow, and so it's probably more serious than a movie theater where somebody just has the butter shirts. This one is it necessity?
Speaker 1: Yeah. We were in Atlanta from my cousin Victor's wedding. This had to be twenty years ago had to be twenty years ago, because why don't you ask him? Man, I would like that. I pray he's got a divorce since No, No, he's still married. And his oldest son is like twenty one now, so it's maybe over twenty one years ago. And his daughter, his second his second child, is graduating high school today.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, full circle. Why not tell this story?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so we were there for the wedding, and so we're over his apartment and we're doing some drinking. It's me, my brother, him and some of his buddies, my cousin, my cousin Kevin, who's his younger brother. And I was like, man, I gotta go. And so I go in the bathroom and I just wow. And I don't know how strong their you know, systems are there in Atlanta, Georgia. I never do. I was just doing a normal you know, drop.
Speaker 2: Off and and I go to flush it. It was an everyday delivery. I didn't understand.
Speaker 1: And I it wasn't like it was like a three day it was an overnight delivery. It was fine, and it was next day ray and it starts, water starts coming up, and I'm like, oh, where's the plunger? Where's the plunger? Oh no?
Speaker 2: And I stick my head out and say, hey, Vic, Vic, where's your plunger. He's about to get married and he goes, plunger. Why would I ever need a plunger? I don't want a plunger. I'm like, you're a twenty four year old dude and you don't have a plunger. What about when you have the protein schlitz.
Speaker 1: He said, no, no plunger man. I said, oh, well, we got a problem then, And he's probably about ten deep at this point. He's like at his own wedding. This is before the day before or a couple of days before the wedding, and he's like, don't worry, man, I'll get it. And he comes in with the shirt over his mouth and his nose and what's he got in his hand a knife, empty beer bottle. He thinks he's gonna jab it down the drain. It's a thought beer.
Speaker 2: The rubber is typically what makes the plunger better than a beer bottle. So he's trying the ability to suction so he wouldn't worry about suck. He was trying to jam jam jam it down the that's what happens when you're ten deep.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Did it work? It did not work. He had to knock on the neighbor's door and ask for a plunger. Hey, somebody didn't finished the end of their beer.
Speaker 2: It looks a little chunky.
Speaker 1: No, don't drink now. Oh my gosh. So yeah, man, enough toilet stories. We should probably start the show. We'll probably start the short show. All right, this is what people want to hear on a Monday. Man. We are gonna do it live.
Speaker 2: We oh the one shoot three sore losers.
Speaker 1: I was really thrown off because the music wasn't there. What up, everybody? I am lunchbox. I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions, because I'm pretty much a sports genius, y'all.
Speaker 2: It says that I'm from the North. I'm in Alpha Male. I live on the North side of Nashville with Baser, my wife. She's a country girl. We used to live downtown West Side and we move country and it's great. Two point two acres, two point two kids at Vanderbilt Clinic. Justin checks on him every single day, and I'll di have a heart attack when I'm seventy two and a half over to you, man, oh.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know. I don't know if you want to talk about the games, you want to talk about anything, but I just want to say Callaway had to search on Friday. Doctor said that it went as good as it could go, and I guess Calloway is still in a lot of pain. But there was like fifteen members of Sore Losers Nation that went into the ICU and were hanging out in his room. And if I know anything about the ICU, my sister is a ICU nurse. You're only allowed to have like two visitors at a time, I believe at least at most her ICU. And they had about twelve fifteen deep in there, and they all I said, how did you guys get in? And so I just walked in. We didn't check in at the desk, We just walked that's the nation. And they were in there for I don't know how long, and then the nurse came in. I was like, what are you guys doing and kicked her ass out, kicked him out.
Speaker 2: So we've been kicked out of bars in hospitals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been kicked out of ICUs, but Caraway Callaway, whatever his name is, supposed to be doing well in pain. We got a long rehab ahead of us. But surgery went well, and dude is up and he was talking at ESPN. He was talking sports. But he has not given out any parlays, so we did not know if the surgery worked. So he's alive. He's alive. Spoiler alert. I got a question, did Scotti Scheffler use a Calloway Ball titleist?
Speaker 2: I looked it up online and it was all a bunch of crappers that use Callaways. No, not on Calloway. Our boy, our boys a good, solid gentleman. But it's the crappy golfers that have Calaway. The only chance we had Phil Michlson, and he was probably plus twenty.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if he was there for the weekend man, he was already back in Dubai for the live tournament he got. He was terrible. Yeah, I see.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of thoughts on sports this weekend, a little bit romantically, kind of lost my love for sports. You start Friday night when you had Nicks and Celtics.
Speaker 1: That was fun.
Speaker 2: It has been the biggest blowout this side of the Mississippi. The entire Eastern Seaboard has never seen a seventy point blowout on a Friday night primetime game. That would have never happened with Larry Bird and Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan. And that brings me to my point. These guys are shooting up to three pointers. There's no more team basketball. It's almost like a a quit equit mentality. These guys get down twenty thirty, they quit. I've never seen basketball games this lopsided.
Speaker 1: It's very boring. And maybe when we're kids they did happen and we just don't remember them. But I thought all those games in the Eastern Conference finals, the you know whatever, they would come down to the wire. Michael Jordan, John Starks, Isaiah Thomas, Michael Jordan, I mean those came down to the wire. I felt like when I was a kid. Now schmidtyies, yeah, oh, what's his name?
Speaker 2: Reggie Miller, Miller, Rick Smith's all of them and now Charlie Ward. Now it's like one game's close and the rest of them are fifteen to twenty point blowouts, and it's like, this is exciting. See and uh did it in my parlay? It did it did, And we're fine with that.
Speaker 1: We move on.
Speaker 2: We we have the Celts. Yeah, and so we've we've moved past that. After two twelve packs of beer, we're finally over it. But the real thing is I couldn't even watch the game. I mean, it was of two or four point game, Porzingis drained at three, then Porzingis got a big block or rebound one of the two, and then after that it was ten twenty, they're down thirty. I didn't even I didn't watch any of the second half.
Speaker 1: It was just over.
Speaker 2: I mean, just to not have that desire to even watch a sporting event sad. But it didn't end because guess what, there were more undesirable games to watch that the weekend was gonna present us with. We then go on to Sunday the Nuggets and OKC, another lopsided game from the third quarter on that wasn't even close.
Speaker 1: It wasn't an even close.
Speaker 2: And I hate Doris Burke and I hate Mike Breen, and I'm like, I'm done. I can't hear Mike Breen one more time say that's gay yea. I had it at my house perfect, but it was like.
Speaker 1: That's gi off the wall.
Speaker 2: Shut up, Breen, give me some announcers, Doris burt chiming in.
Speaker 1: I was done with it, bringing back Jeff Van Gunny. Give me Mark Jackson.
Speaker 2: That game sucked.
Speaker 1: And then the PGA.
Speaker 2: You said, Scott he was a favorite on Like Friday. He's ahead by so much it is unwatchable. What has sports done to us? I lost my love for sports. I don't want to watch this crap. I'll watch a rerun of a girl's TV show on Bravo that is just horrible. Where's the competition back in the day, Hogan, Uh, Tiger Woods?
Speaker 1: I remember when they square it off, Dude, Hogan and Woods that Masters That was incredible. Fred Funk, Fred Couple's bj singh Dude, all those guys, they wouldn't get beat by five. You beat them by five, you're beating their family by five. The fact that Scheffler was ahead by seven, eight, ten wins by five doesn't give a crap. Nobody even close to him.
Speaker 2: Sports was a blowout.
Speaker 1: Where's the competition?
Speaker 2: And I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 1: Dude, Celtics got blowed out. The freaking Nuggets got blowed out.
Speaker 2: I mean they had a guy that wasn't even playing with a left foot. They went March Gordon out there. They said, you're all we got man. You at twenty percent. He started.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: The guy at half a hamstring in a quarter of an achilles and they said he's good to play. He's seen our bench. We're not putting Russ Westbrook in for four quarters. That game was horrible. The thunder up fifty four. They pull the starters start of the fourth. What is this guy's You can watch a better game at your local park. Go watch a couple kids play one v one that's better than this crap that's been on TV. You can come watch the Brooklyn Nets, dude. I mean I talked to one of the dads this weekend. He's like, you coaching against next season, We're ready to play again. That's the kind of competition you need. Those games are like four to nothing, four to two. You don't need this one hundred and twenty to fifty. And I mean, I I hate to really break down the game, but it really is the three point shot. How they don't box out. I'm telling you they don't that. So many times a guy will miss a three pointer, it'll come right back to him and he's already hot dog and he's got his hand out. You got the new thing where they just raised the hand in the air. That means like it was a good shot. Then there's this one they do this little this is a new thing. It's like, yeah, it's like the West Side thing. Guys, you're not doing the hand gestures until it goes in the net. It's something to do with that. They're not playing the fundamentals of the game.
Speaker 1: That's just that's that's heartbreaking to hear man.
Speaker 2: But what happened with Boston to Boston say that we did poor zingis the ghost to poor zingis that's now playing for the Boston Celtics. He's horrible. He had made a miracle three, that's all he did, Pritchard, and it was just like they really were trying to do what they did the game before when Boston won by twenty. They're trying to do the exact same thing on Friday night. But guess what, the same shots that dropped on Wednesday don't drop on Friday. Josh Hart isn't gonna make five threes. He probably didn't even score that game. And then your boy White and Pritchard. They try to launch these threes, guys, that's the game. When he bounce passes, give it to our boy brown back door cut stuff like that. White thought he was gonna be just as hot as he was the other game, and he was ice cold. He wasn't even close to the rim. Guys, you can't take the same shots. Why do you think we never do the same podcast? You've got to EBB flow, dick and dive boom and zog zag zing and zang.
Speaker 1: It was weird, man.
Speaker 2: I hate to fall out of love with something, but sports Man, it bit me pretty bad this week. And it really wasn't even enjoyable here at the bar on a Saturday. And sure the golf was on, but nobody's watching it. Nobody gives a rip. It's not competitive.
Speaker 1: That's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: It was actually close on Saturday.
Speaker 1: But I did watch a little bit on Saturday. I was sitting there watching it, and at one point I did take a nap on the couch. I was sitting straight up and I leaned my head back and fell asleep for about twenty minutes. And I did watch it with no sound on. I wanted a moment of silence because it had been a long week with the kids as a single dad, and then it was just finally I had.
Speaker 2: Silence, so I watched the golf in silence. Yeah, the thunder Game. I should have watched it in silence. I couldn't stand one more.
Speaker 1: SGA off the back board. I'm trying to figure out how he did it.
Speaker 2: He was like he would talk so he would announce it, but then if the guy shot the ball as he was announcing, he would inflect his voice and it was so annoying. Breen's probably a great guy. Cannot stand him. In Doris Burkes, it was like, SGA down the line.
Speaker 1: Off the ball and there they go.
Speaker 2: Shut the hell up, just announce the game. It's too much of these dramatics SGA.
Speaker 1: Of the Wow.
Speaker 2: Stop dude, it was bad, man, it was bad.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I didn't had to watch it, man, And you got.
Speaker 2: Nance over there for the PGA Championship. Was it nance, dude?
Speaker 1: I didn't. I don't know. I watched it on silence on Saturday, and I saw zero strokes on Sunday, literally zero stroke.
Speaker 2: You're not realizing it was tied at one point, but then just to blowout Rom like quadruple bogie, like what we do at the local muni at Country Hills.
Speaker 1: Rom was horrible. He didn't water hit it out of bounds. What do we do?
Speaker 2: He was hitting it water. They go, well, he's gonna be a little aggressive on this. He hits it right at the stick and the pul cooks into the water, going like twenty miles an hour. It wasn't even close. We're like, okay, Rom, so you're going all or nothing on that one shot, Like his plan was just holding one, Like, Rom, that's what your plan was?
Speaker 1: Really it was on that So it was over.
Speaker 2: Because it was ten and seven and I had no money on it, just watching it for the love of the game. And then it's like ten and six, twelve and six wasn't even watchable. I mean, I'm watching commercials so I didn't have to deal with Mike Breen, Doris Burk's or the PGA.
Speaker 1: Dude. What I saw is that some guy, Harris English started the day in like thirty seventh place and he ended in second. How is that? Did he really supposedly?
Speaker 2: Because yeah, I know it was Rom, but then he dropped and then Chambeau. I wanted him to be up there, but he was just missing those birdie puts.
Speaker 1: He did good.
Speaker 2: He made a couple in a row, made it interesting. But then just you know who, I need to check in with my boy at the local Muni. I'm gonna go find him and see if he can tell me why d Schambeau lost. He'll break it down for you.
Speaker 1: He'll break it down. You know we're gonna do We're gonna take a break. We'll be right back into this. Dude. I got a very excited text on a Friday night. Was it a nude?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I was at the Spring Carnival kids school. You know, they celebrate spring and they have jumpy houses and like food trucks and you know, a bunch of games. The kids run around, they have fun and they have just excitement everywhere. They have glizzies, pork missiles. They did have pork missiles, dude, they had big pork missiles.
Speaker 2: A couple of those moms ordered them too.
Speaker 1: There was some moms chowing down on them.
Speaker 2: You know, because it's not the sexual thing about a girl eating a hot dog. If a woman in public can eat a hot dog, that's how confident she is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then she's just a chill girl and she's down for a hot dog dinner.
Speaker 2: You know who loves a Glizzie? Angelina a her and Justin still Talk. We hung out all Saturday.
Speaker 1: You didn't tell me that you buried the lead. There was no lead. We just bar hobbed it.
Speaker 2: Nothing crazy. Ten bars and I needed to make a correction. Guys, I told you about Mellow Mushroom on Broadway. Yeah, apparently you got to go to Broadway every two weeks because bars are closing left and right. Now one's closed, it's boarded up, and it now is just a bunch of plywood. Oh yeah, So anybody that was gonna go after my advice and go to Mellow Mushroom on Broadway, it's closed.
Speaker 1: That's sad, that's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: You got to keep your head in your swivel down there because things are opening closing.
Speaker 1: What happened to that bar? What's that name? You walk in the front door, they kick you out of the back because they're boarding it up.
Speaker 2: Mande, it was it was different. It's good. We went to Odie's two. I was it's it's tough going back into rebar, but I like what they've done.
Speaker 1: Looks good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I took a picture. I'll post it with our podcast today. But they got a big back lawn, fake grass, you can play bags, easy access to a bar, and the TV is massive. We're talking a one hundred by one hundred TV. Oh yeah, and we just sat down. We're watching golf. We were so comfy we didn't even go bar hop. The girls they're fine, they're content. We're content. We're betting if guys get it on the fairway or not. Round of drinks that's fun. Justin was like three round of drinks down and I was like, hey, man, I honestly, is your car gonna keep swiping.
Speaker 1: And so and so.
Speaker 2: But that bar was great. I It's almost like you can go it's there's so many different adventures, so you go into it like it was rebar. You can hang out out front, which is kind of like Rebar, or you can go into the indoor area, which is all walk through and there's music there more of a chill vibe. Or you can go out on the back lawn, which probably in about a week is going to be ninety degrees be hotter in the surface of the sun. And they said they're going to get some misters nice.
Speaker 1: We had the umbrella.
Speaker 2: It's it's one of those choose your own, advance your bars. It's not like you're gonna get the same thing every time. You could go to one part of it, think you're at a different bar, but you're at the same one.
Speaker 1: But a lot of pictures of Odie up there. I don't even get the Odie thing. I know.
Speaker 2: There was no pictures of old Dominion. I don't understand it. Some of their stuff was like throwback. Like the area where the DJ's playing was an old school boombox, so like it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they're try to go nineties. I don't they have they have they have a song about the nineties maybe or nineties.
Speaker 2: Odieu but awesome, I will be back.
Speaker 1: Good good to hear. So. I got that text on Friday and I just see it. It's from Batter's Box and all it says is party, and I'm like, what.
Speaker 2: Well, you had to know it was something to do with the forty.
Speaker 1: Nine No I know, I said, did he get hurt or what what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Caffrey? Oh, you go, bet Caffrey.
Speaker 1: He goes party signed, I said, oh, and he calls me immediately.
Speaker 2: What is he like?
Speaker 1: Stoked about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he signed to mister irrelevant.
Speaker 1: He's not mister irrelevant. He was, he was, but he's turned himself into very relevant. He's been to a super Bowl. What's the last Titans quarterback to go to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Steve McNair rest in peace.
Speaker 1: I think it's Kerry Collins, but I don't know anyway. Who was first? I don't know anyway. I get a text and he calls me, and then he texts, you can't answer. I was like, dude, Spring Carnival, what's up? And he goes Brock Party, tells me the details and he goes, I love it. I'm so pumped. We got Party. He's our dude. He got our guy. And after seeing the contract, it's beautiful. The forty nine ers and Party did an amazing job because he didn't break the bank. He didn't try to reset the quarterback market. He didn't do what Dak Prescott did. He took less. He took a good, solid amount that he doesn't have to work another day in his life. Like he is set forever. His kids are set, they're set for life. He has so much money, but he didn't strap the forty nine ers where they can't sign other players. Dak became the highest paid quarterback in the league fifty five sixty million dollars, and now the Cowboys have Yeah. So what did Purdy get per year? Like thirty five million a year? Yeah, or maybe forty five I don't know, but a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Derek millions?
Speaker 1: Derek's making twelve million. Who's Derek Henry Henry? You're right, Yeah, he's making a good chunk of change too, which is crazy. But I love what brock Perty did. He did a great job.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Here's what Battersbuck said, five years to sixty five five million, So forty five million a year for six years not bad. It's really not bad when you compare it to other quarterbacks, Like, I mean, hell, Kirk Cousins is the back company's making that much money? Right?
Speaker 2: That was just a bad deal.
Speaker 1: So I love what the forty nine ers did. Didn't overspend met right in the middle. Perfect. The salary cap is going to keep going up, so brock Party is not going to be a huge dentt in your salary cap. He's a solid, really good NFL quarterback that can win you a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Did batters Box think he was gonna leave.
Speaker 1: Well, he was worried that they weren't going to sign him or they were going to spend way too much money on him, pay him sixty million a year, and they didn't do that. So he's really happy about the cap friendly that it is for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Batter's Box thought they were going to bring back Kaepernick, Like, who is going to.
Speaker 1: Be the quarterback? Can we stop covering Kaepernick? I hate it when there's a quarterback that gets hurt and at least one side I'll always say. Kaepernick says he's still interested in playing in the NFL, and I'm like, he has no damn interest in the NFL. He hadn't played in the NFL in a decade. Can we stop acting like he is an option to come back and play quarterback in the NFL? He is not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not playing in the NFL. Well, let's be real. Sports right now is so boring. I think we're going to continue to do our research for fantasy football. We're gonna be the team that researches for four months leading up to the season.
Speaker 1: I love it. Think you and Justin on that dedicated.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's all we got Because sports ain't doing it. He doesn't gamble anymore.
Speaker 1: WHOA, what? Yeah, he gave it breaking news, breaking news.
Speaker 2: WHOA, I only have that sound effect in another studio.
Speaker 1: Okay, never mind, I didn't. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he sent me and Baser a text and it was a screenshot and it says, you've been locked out of your account. You're not allowed to deposit, you're not allowed to withdraw for two months. And he said, you guys have motivated me. I hung up the betting slip today. So he is now locked out of his account.
Speaker 1: Takes a brave man to do that. Man, brave man. That's what I said. I said.
Speaker 2: I said, as we go out to these bars on a Saturday, we will put our chastity belts on and we will not bet. We are putting our betting chastity belts on. I have all the other guys at a bar gonna be talking about gambling and this and that. What are we doing. We're gonna wear our chastity belts because we are not giving into the sites today. But did we bet for some rounds of drinks? Friendly fun?
Speaker 1: Yes, we did. Well, take a break, We'll be right back then. Let's read an email. Here we go yo, gentlemen. I want to start this by saying a happy birthday to my big brother Gavin. He's turning thirty. And secondly, I wanted to say, let's go Nicks and Yankees. Mets play as well, so f the Mets and Soto can kick Rocks suck a fat one. I wanted to keep it PG boys, I love the pod, keep me going, Stay blessed. Marco from the Bronx, Hey Marco. Who's gonna win next? Or Pacers?
Speaker 2: That's an interesting question. I've watched both of them. What I saw from the Pacers is a is a scorer. This It reminds me that Jimmy Butler type Haliburton can score. I know that Turner gets luckiest crab of the streetes he's not very good. They got some other guy Shorter. He reminds me of Derek White Prichard and he's gonna suck. So I would say Nicks, I'm going all in on. I would hit all in a gambling term, I Nicks, Nicks win it. I don't know what the lines are, I don't know what the series price is, but Nicks it'll be Nicks Thunder Thunder win it.
Speaker 1: All Okay, thunder A gonna win it all. I think the Thunder. I would love Anthony Edwards to beat the Thunder just because I like Anthony Edwards as a basketball player. As a father, probably not the best guy to have you have children with. Doesn't seem to like to want to take care of them or do anything with them. He just wants to pay you money and get out pay his women off for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the.
Speaker 1: Thunder are really good. The Thunder are freaking good. I think they're winning the NBA title. Here we go, Dear coaches, The difference between a good and bad team at the high school level is the little things and stuff like guarding the inbounder. We all always guard the inbounder and we get three to four turnovers per game off of it, and that lead to usually eight extra points per game. So I really don't know why the NBA guys don't do it. Maddox from Mississippi. Also, I dropped twenty in a summer league game yesterday. Put some respect on my name, Maddox. Wow, dude, he's our high schooler the balls. Oh okay, he's a high school kid that emails in and he fills his in didn't know he was a basketball player.
Speaker 2: You got to come to the conventions otherwise we just view you as a ghost.
Speaker 1: Man. I don't think he's allowed. He's not twenty one, he's still in high school. He's dropping twenty in a summer league game. And how is he doing summer league? And it's not summer yet.
Speaker 2: I'm sure summer baseball leagues have started.
Speaker 1: I didn't know about. But basketball, Yeah, I don't know anything else you want to talk about. Man, You said you had a golf story from last week.
Speaker 2: The golf story was that I played nine and I finished nine holes in an hour. It took me, Angeline and Justin five hours to play thirteen in Bazer. But yeah, I played in nine. I played through like five different people. But what I realized is is the shot still there yet? Is? But what did I realize? Sometimes you can play too fast? Okay, I was playing a little too fast. Okay, I'm gonna be real, Guys, you can't play nine holes in an hour because I was not taking my time on these shots. And I learned it the hard way. A couple of those shots you wish you could have back. But boy, was there a hybrid shot for one hundred and fifty yards.
Speaker 1: It felt amazing. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was there uh uh another hybrid shot for one hundred and fifty yards that felt amazing? Yeah, yeah there was. But then did I rush too much on a par three one p fifty shooting a nine iron? Probably stick down, stick up? And I caught it absolutely on the heel and ended up being one hundred yards short because I was rushed. There were four army guys that let me play through. I have four of our nation's military standing around me as I'm taking this shot.
Speaker 1: Did you tell them you shake everyone? I did, of course I did salute everyone, one of them absolutely. I said, gentlemen, thank you for the troops. Man, this is for the troops. And then I shot at about one hundred yards too short. But you can go too fast. So golf there's a happy medium. You don't go too slow. There's a just right amount.
Speaker 2: I didn't find it on that Friday, and I only played nine, and I learned if you're not feeling it that day, check out. I went told the lady, I said, hey, can I get a raincheck? You like, yeah, here's twelve dollars back.
Speaker 1: That's legit. So it's sunshiny, and you still get a rain check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I want to go back and take a nap. I was I was happy with where I was at, and the dudes in front of me were not let me play through. And I'd already set the record playing through five people in nine holes.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good. That's pretty good. You don't want a pressure luck, dude, I was cooking. I mean, but let me tell you.
Speaker 2: You can go a little too far with the pedal in the metal when it comes to golf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when you know when you're not really feeling it, you just check out. I wasn't feeling it. Ud, we should go?
Speaker 2: Did you know you can do that?
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I told you. She goes, what what was the reason? I was, like, wasn't feeling it? She goes, here's twelve dollars back?
Speaker 1: Legit? What's wrong? Shot five over on the front. That's not up to my standards.
Speaker 2: There's no telling what I was at.
Speaker 1: I just I had a three putt.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm just not not right in the right headspace. Man.
Speaker 2: I may have been at seventy eight through nine holes, but did I wait? I thought the swing did not work. It's there, I just had rushed myself too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah,