Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know, are you a Charlotte? All right, you guys, Today we have an incredible guest. She was the number one guest that I wanted to have when I started the podcast.
Speaker 2: She's a big, big.
Speaker 1: Fan of Sex and the City and we're a big, big, big.
Speaker 3: Fan of hers.
Speaker 1: She's a rapper, a songwriter, an actress, a cultural icon, Grammy Award winning, multi platinum recording artist, and cultural powerhouse in every way.
Speaker 2: Meghan the Stallion, I'm like really gagging right now, like, oh.
Speaker 3: My God, I'm gagging that you're here.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get into some things.
Speaker 1: So Megan, let me tell you first that when I was thinking about doing this podcast is the week that we ran into you in New York at the Michael Corse event. Do you remember the Michael Cores events I.
Speaker 2: Do with Sir Jessica, And I was sitting at the table like, wow, I'm really a New York babe exactly. The girls, yes, with the dolls.
Speaker 3: Here with us.
Speaker 1: We had gotten up at four in the morning, we had that big event, and we love Michael for a long time, love Michael, love Michael so much.
Speaker 3: And I had gone to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I had come back Sarah and I had I think had a four am call at right.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: It make us sack.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know, I know.
Speaker 3: Right, So we were a little t job yeah that job got job.
Speaker 1: We were a little tired, but we want to of course, it was a big thing for us to be there. And Cynthia was sitting on my left and Michael, Michael of course was sitting on my right. Went to the bathroom, come back and I was like, who's this tall goddess lady next to Michael.
Speaker 3: Course, and it was Megan Stella.
Speaker 1: And it was when they had come to me about doing the podcast. And then right after that, like days later, your fallon ran where you Literally.
Speaker 2: I was like I just saw them, like, oh my god, and to me.
Speaker 3: So you have been my number one dream guest.
Speaker 2: Believe I'm like sitting here talking to you so casually, like I feel like we should have been like outside having coffee or.
Speaker 1: Something that's true that would be fun, would be next time we can walk and talk.
Speaker 2: Yes, we can walk and talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, you're ready. I'm here, You're You're born ready for you, honey. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: This is a famous This is my skirt I wore when I met Trey. This is the actual skirt when I fell in the street.
Speaker 2: Do you remember, Yeah, really gagging because like you look exactly the same. Thank you so much, and you act exactly I do.
Speaker 3: Kind of. I don't tell anyone.
Speaker 2: Secret people, it's a secret. It's a secret. Okay.
Speaker 1: So when you went on follin the thing that I love so much many things, obviously because you are number one, so inspiring and amazing and fabulous and powerful and really just the epitome in so many ways of what we wanted to create when we started the show. That kind of wasn't really out there, you know, especially in television. So from that perspective, I love you anyway. And then just to hear you with your incredibly well thought out, well researched points on all of us.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about it, listen.
Speaker 1: I want to hear about it, okay, and I want to hear if there are any updates. So let's just rehash in case anyone missed that. Okay, So you just discovered the show when.
Speaker 2: Probably like well, I've always known what the show was, but like as a child, like you watch it and it's going over your head. You don't know what. I'm a little thing. I don't know what y'all talking about. But I rewatched it turning twenty nine and I'm looking at the show and I'm like, wait a minute, nobody told me six and the city was this damn good. So I'm watching and I needed to rewatch it a few times so I could really get into everybody. But I feel like everybody already has their favorite characters, like and I'm late to the party. So I'm like, Okay, everybody's favorite character is Carrie. Okay, well, no, like, Charlotte and Samantha are my favorite characters. Okay, I like and no shade to carry. I definitely love Carrie. We love you the but Carrie, she just makes bad decisions all the time.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know you're saying.
Speaker 1: When I'm rewatching it myself, I am kind of shocked.
Speaker 2: Like you are literally running into the same wall thinking you're gonna turn into a ghost and walk through it. I don't understand. That's like, that's the definition of insanity.
Speaker 1: That is a good point.
Speaker 2: I loved how well dressed this insane person was, Like that's so I give Carrie like my favorite character dressing wise, right, well, well, yeah she was. She was very well dressed, a very well dressed crazy person.
Speaker 3: Sarah has incredible style.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Carry does also, and it's eclectic and fun.
Speaker 2: But like that part. At first, I thought I didn't like Samantha right, Like, in the first couple of episodes, I was like, why are they making it seem like sex is her whole life? But as I kept watching, I'm like, wait a minute, baby, she in sex like and she puts her foot down. I feel like that to me. She owns her body, she knows what she wants.
Speaker 1: She's very confident, unapologetic.
Speaker 2: She's unapologeticing her and she wasn't letting these men stop all stop, all over her. That's me. So I was like him, am I Samantha? But then you was kind of crazy too?
Speaker 3: But I have my crazy element, but it was.
Speaker 2: Like it was logical crazy. She's very emotional. Yes, that's me, is it? That's me? I get emotional? Yeah, me too, Like it's okay to be irrational sometimes that's true. So I started doing therapy and my therapy. My therapy, my therapist tells me you think a lot with your emotional mind and not your logical mind. And I'm like, you know what, hell yeah, but also you're a creative so she she understands that part as well. But I feel like that that was Charlotte, Like I feel like she her emotional mind, which is why I'm relating so much. I'm like, well, y'all can't count her out. Like you were super sexy too, Thank you so much, And I feel like that, yeah, very sexy. Wow, he's always on point.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I just love you. I don't believe we're just having this conversation.
Speaker 1: No, I know, and I mean I feel the same about you. I feel I mean, I also did like a like a crash course in all the Megan Castlian everything. Yes, your documentary is incredible. There's so many like when you are out there chanting to those like, I mean, how many people are in your like it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I don't even know the largest crowd I've ever performed to.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: It's incredibly amazing.
Speaker 1: And you're saying my body my choice, Oh yes, like it was. I was like just so impressed with you in so many ways. I mean, I'm so impressed with you, just meeting you, you're so present. But anyway, it's so amazing to feel the connectedness of the different women in our in our in our lives, our cultural lives, but also when you get to meet them and you just feel like the energy of like empowerment and freedom and support of each other is so important. And I think that really is the crux of what we wanted to do in the show. Certainly over time and it's what we were able to do. But in the beginning you can see that we're we're.
Speaker 3: Forming it, you know.
Speaker 1: So when I don't watch exactly not quite, you know, we're like, it's coming, it's coming together.
Speaker 2: There was one character I left out that I really really like Steve Steve. I know, it's like nobody is talking about how Steve is like top three characters on I'm with You.
Speaker 1: I'm one hundred percent with fantastic actor and so good.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Part of my thing of having this is to get to talk about the themes with people who like yourself, who've just found the show relatively recently, right in our very long history of doing the show, and because it's on Netflix and all the youngsters are watching it, which is so great for us, and we're just rising.
Speaker 2: Imagine watching the show for the first time, like I was glued to the TV. Love it, And sometimes I still have to go back and rewatch it, like just to make sure I'm walking the right course.
Speaker 3: Love it. Love it.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the movies yet?
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is what people keep telling me I need to get into. I have not watched the movies yet. I have not watched the movies. I'll be busy, but no, I know.
Speaker 1: I know we need them to be download it on your ipade, you watch it, Okay, great because and then you can come back and talk to me about it, like I.
Speaker 2: Know, I know, okay, but it was great.
Speaker 3: But when we ended the.
Speaker 1: Series, we thought we were going to do a movie, so we did stop on the street on our final scene like it was the end of our lives. But we also, in our hearts really believed we would get to do a film. Now, it didn't take more years than we thought. We thought we would be doing a film, like.
Speaker 2: Within the year exactly, just left us hanging.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. Yeah, the ending was tricky.
Speaker 2: Literally go watch the movie right now. But at the time, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Well at the time it was it was hard to end the show, but it's also just very hard to make a show like ongoingly make a show instead of just.
Speaker 2: Baby not attacking all in the streets while y'all were feeling this.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we had a lot of security by that point.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not attacking, but I mean, like we're crying, Okay, people were crying. There's a lot of would have been like walking on purpose.
Speaker 1: We still when we're shooting in just like that, we have like a couple hundred people and they're so great. They're really quiet when we roll action. It's so adorable. Yeah, it could be like one hundred degrees.
Speaker 3: Now they're just sweating.
Speaker 2: That would be me.
Speaker 1: It's so cute, ah, so sweet. I mean, it's really nice. And sometimes we have when I look back at the show, and this particular you're at the beginning of the second season right now in the rewatch, not that we have to rewatch, but.
Speaker 3: There's real people.
Speaker 1: There's shots where there those are real New Yorkers walking down the street.
Speaker 2: And they probably looked at that episode and was like, that's oh ye what I did today.
Speaker 3: Totally. They might not have even known because sometimes if.
Speaker 1: We had a really good director he was just set up like blocks away and you would be walking and as an actor, you're just trying to tell like am I in the spot I'm supposed to be and I have no idea and just regular people are walking by because.
Speaker 3: We wanted it to be real.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't do it that way anymore, Carrie, let's discuss carry out length, because when we were doing the show in the right and for one thing, I just want to say, we probably would not still have a show if Carrie weren't kind of messed up.
Speaker 2: Right now, she's carrying it. I'm talking just like personally watching her if if say, if this was a real scenario, I would not be her friend. But I like watching the show though, because I love the drama. I love the mess. I love that you keep making the same mistake over and over because hopefully you're going to change it for the better, but you don't.
Speaker 3: But that's the show I mean kind of, I mean she does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing I think about Carrie, and I mean, it's hard to be objective, right because like to me, because they know, Sir Jessica, they're bled together. I can't separate really, right, So like when I'm looking back at the first season, I am.
Speaker 3: Thinking like, what is she doing? What is she doing?
Speaker 1: I never thought that at the time, because I would just read the script and think of its great, and Charlotte was PROFI it's great, right, right, right?
Speaker 3: But I mean I.
Speaker 1: Didn't look at it like objectively, do I agree with this? Do I not agree with this? I didn't think any of those things. I'm just so excited, you know what I'm saying. I was like, I love this. I just wanted, you know, I'm going to try to make turloa as good as that you make you thank you so. And Charlotte is pro big, right, so I was pro big.
Speaker 2: I'm not pro big, I know. Like, and you would think that a group of friends would be like, friend, no, stop, you're literally trying to change something that you can't make this guy not be blue. Okay, the s guy's always going to be blue. He's always going to be just like.
Speaker 1: That, right, So that's what you say to your friend, Yes, stop hurting yourself. Like And when I had Sir Jessica on the podcast, I tried to talk to her about this, you know, and basically what she said she explained him and then I was like, okay, so you now explained him, But let's talk about you and why you think because it wasn't her, it's Carrie, obviously, But why was Carrie so hooked?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Why did Carrie put up with so much?
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't like what Carrie is doing from a personal experience, like I could see myself and her a little bit, like dealing with a very toxic man like and you've done it before, and you can see some making a mistake. You see her hurting herself, and I'm like, stop doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel that way when I look back now too.
Speaker 2: Yes, you don't have to do this. You know, this is a choice. This pain is a choice. And she just had a lot of self inflicted emotional distress. And none of her homegirls besides Miranda, she was never That's the one thing that I was down with her because she was not my favorite either.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I heard you say that you always complain it.
Speaker 3: She is really nice in real life.
Speaker 1: So I was thinking we were talking about Big, which obviously we could talk a lot about, but then I was also curious about Aiden.
Speaker 2: Clearly Aiden was the correct choice, but women we like the bad boy like we like, I feel like we like to torture ourselves a little bit. Like if he's fine and he's sexy and he's kind of not giving me exactly what I want, like he's still let me know, Like that's where I'm gonna go, Chase, Is that crazy? But the person who literally gives you princess treatment and barely let your feet touch the ground and it's just so super sweet, it's kind of like you're so nice, Oh, thank you cute, But like, clearly Aiden was the person that she should have been with got it and he gave you multiple chances, and you still.
Speaker 1: Can't give any chances and they're still going on. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: I just didn't think that, you know what I heard? And I was like, because I like to watch stuff on my own time and get my own natural reaction. Yeah, so hopefully five hundred years later she got it right.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see. It's unclear.
Speaker 1: So no, Okay, something happened to him?
Speaker 3: Should I tell her? I don't know. I don't want to ruin it for you.
Speaker 2: Tell me he died.
Speaker 3: I fel really bad. Yeah, we killed him? Sorry, Yeah, I know, I don't know. Is that good or bad? I don't know. That's what we did. Yeah, man, we did.
Speaker 1: How nobody did I ruin it? Now?
Speaker 3: I feel.
Speaker 1: He died on the peloton. He had heard issues. It kind of makes sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Wow, doesn't break your hearts? Yours is literally broken. Yeah, that's so crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. We did.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 3: It was a big thing.
Speaker 2: We had to keep it secret. Ut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people I think are still mad at us.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, well at least now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn yeah, she's yeah recipes.
Speaker 2: You're big.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel bad.
Speaker 3: Now because you're not going to get to watch it in.
Speaker 2: Order that show that man die. It was a lie. I would have listen.
Speaker 3: It's really good.
Speaker 2: Where does y'allkle Man on the movie or.
Speaker 3: On in the show? In the show and the movie, a lot happens.
Speaker 2: Trust. I saw, like I always see a lot of clips from the movie. Yeah, and he left her in the street.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and I beat him.
Speaker 2: You did it?
Speaker 3: Well, met him and I yelled at him.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the Barbie reenaction?
Speaker 2: That's what I saw. It's so ide. Okay, I have to go watch this, damn you do.
Speaker 3: You got to watch the movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, show, yes, yes, seeven I get mixed up.
Speaker 3: We killed him on the new show.
Speaker 2: Was this like episode one? That's how we kicked it off. Yeah, that's so great. That's so perfect. That's so perfect. That's how you do.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Thank you so much. It was scary. It was a little scary and hard, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We had to keep a secret, and we had to film fake scenes and.
Speaker 2: Big come in, I mean to aid and come in.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to give it all. I don't want to get it.
Speaker 2: You're really making me have to watch the show.
Speaker 3: Now, that's my goal.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's my goal.
Speaker 1: Clips Okay, great, I want you to come back and discuss all the other parties. Okay, okay, wow yes, yeah yeah yeah wow.
Speaker 3: It had to happen. Drama big time.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I mean when you.
Speaker 1: See it, it's some drama.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah wow, I mean am I okay, Well, it takes some time. You know. It's a shock. It's a shock.
Speaker 2: It's a shock.
Speaker 3: And she kind of blames me. Uh you'll see why.
Speaker 1: Well, because I made her go somewhere with me when the event happens, So she's with me.
Speaker 2: Carrie still toxic Cossie.
Speaker 1: Still sometimes sometimes sometimes you know he had a bad heart.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I take it really personal.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I do, and I take it real personal and I cry a lot, you know, which you know it is not a shock, right, But I try to be there for her even though she's mad at me.
Speaker 3: But it was hard.
Speaker 2: It was hard.
Speaker 1: But I do feel and I want to get your opinion on this when you watch more. I do feel that Carrie is a character if I'm trying to step back and be objective, has grown. I do feel, I do, I really.
Speaker 2: Do, because my girl was drama.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not saying that there's no drama, because obviously there's going to be some drama, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like Carrie will literally go say in New York on fire and then come back and type about it at the end of the day like half of it wasn't her fault. I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that, and I now sometimes when I'm watching it, I'll be like, this is what Megan means.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll be watching at the end of the day. Ye at the end of the day, I.
Speaker 2: Thought, maybe yeh, I's wrong, and I have the problem.
Speaker 1: I know I know, yes, But you know the thing that I think is interesting too, Like in the beginning, our goal was never to have for perfect characters, is how would you want to watch that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I like it, but like oh Carrie, but it can be frustrated, it can be frustrated. I mean I always had serious times where I was frustrated with Charlotte as well, like when she goes on her rants about getting married and the books she remember she gets this book out.
Speaker 2: I'm never frustrated with Charlotte because she never gives up on love like that is the that's really pretty to me, Like, no matter what you went through, no matter how many heartbreaks you go through, the fact that you still are giving love a shot. Because some people just be like, you know, what the hell with it, I'm going to go on like this crazy rampage and I'm gonna hurt people and it's gonna be a bad person there. Yes, Charlotte was never that. No matter how many a right, no matter how many things didn't go right, she was still like, no, I'm going to be married, I'm gonna have a baby, no matter what. That's right, I'm gonna be in love. That's right.
Speaker 1: She's very focused on you knows what she wants.
Speaker 2: It's true, it's.
Speaker 1: True, and it takes your while to get them, but then she does.
Speaker 2: But she does because she never gave up. She never gave up. It's true.
Speaker 1: And she does believe in love. When we sometimes you know people in the street or whatever because of the podcast, they'll say like, you know what, how do you find how do you define Charlotte? And I'm like, well, do you do you believe in love? That's question number one. Yes, it's very important.
Speaker 2: She keeps me optimistic.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: That's nice. No matter how bad many bad relationships I go through, I'm not going to give up on love.
Speaker 3: Yay. Megan, me neither.
Speaker 1: And it's not easy, man, it's not easy.
Speaker 3: But let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: So you were twenty nine when you watched it, and at first you didn't like Samantha, but then you kind of thought, maybe I am Samantha, and then you kind of have your mixed feelings about.
Speaker 3: Carry you love Charlotte.
Speaker 1: But obviously Charlotte would be your bestie because I'm emotional and all me I Charlotte and Marana not so much because she's negative, and did you ever change your opinion as time has gone by?
Speaker 3: You know, not that that's always.
Speaker 2: Felt the same way about Carrie, Samantha. I still love got It, Charlotte, I still love Miranda. I'm still scrashing my head.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, are.
Speaker 2: You so mean? What does Steve really ever do to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Besides try to love you and you just kept kicking him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel really bad.
Speaker 1: Now, when you're gonna watch what we've been doing, you're gonna have some strong feelings.
Speaker 2: Yes, is he on the show too? Uh? Huh?
Speaker 3: We love Steve.
Speaker 2: Y'all got Steve on the showy Okay, Yeah, I'm hooked. Right after this, I'm going to watch.
Speaker 1: Yay, but you go, you probably need to watch the movie, Okay, I mean, at least the first movie. The movie has very The first movie has very important relationship things that happened. The second movie we go to Abu Dhabi, though we actually filmed it in Morocco. It was kind of an odd road trip type movie in the desert. It's very interesting. I'm sure you've been to these. We are out of the city big time, and then people were mad, like, why did you go out of.
Speaker 2: The city because I'm a human being.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and because we were doing the second movie and they told us we had to make it more worldly so that it would play in the different markets.
Speaker 3: You you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Everybody, the whole world lives in New York. That's true too.
Speaker 3: This is a good point. This is a good point. And we kind of lost that track for a second.
Speaker 1: But we're back. We're back now, and now we never leave New York. And just like that, I mean maybe we went to the wait, did we leave it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't even know. No, we did leave for a second.
Speaker 2: We went to in this season.
Speaker 1: Last season. Last season, Carry goes on a trip. Okay, briefly, briefly.
Speaker 3: Okay, just for fun.
Speaker 2: Let me just watch the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, baby, you gotta watch.
Speaker 2: I gotta keep up.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you about other characters. So we know you love Steve. How did you feel about Trey.
Speaker 2: I don't feel anything about.
Speaker 1: Your Wow, nothing, I don't feel flat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 1: You didn't feel like, oh, I want Charlotte to have this work out?
Speaker 3: You didn't care.
Speaker 2: What's my what's my ball?
Speaker 1: Hair?
Speaker 2: Guy? Harry? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You like Harry?
Speaker 2: I like Harry good.
Speaker 3: Harry is real, he's real.
Speaker 2: Trey, I don't really Yeah, nothing about Trey. I feel nothing.
Speaker 1: About Okay, those cheekbones didn't talk to you. No, got it, got it, got it. This is very interesting, very interesting.
Speaker 2: I feel nothing about you. Wow.
Speaker 1: Now for Samantha, did you want her to like when she gets together with Smith Jared the really handsome mind.
Speaker 2: I was very happy about that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was good, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: I thought he was great.
Speaker 2: I really liked when he cut his hair off too, Like I was crying. I got crying. I was like, woa, Samantha, you bet and I missed this up. I know it because he loves you. Yeah, as much as you love yourself to so, babe, this is your man. So I like that. I like that they were able to get together. I like that they kept them together. I can't really remember what happened at the end.
Speaker 3: It doesn't end.
Speaker 1: I think it goes to the movies. I think it goes to say, well, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying at the end of the season, I feel like they were still together, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so, because she just shaved your hair, she has no hair win and the season No, okay, no, never okay, no, we would never know.
Speaker 3: We would never now, Okay no.
Speaker 2: I feel like she is and probably at that time too, like was saying things that women were scared to say, behaving the way women wish they could act in public.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: I feel like she is just like everybody's alter ego.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and people really embrace that and love her and feel empowered by.
Speaker 2: Her, like Samantha walked so a lot of us could run.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's an incredible character and I did not really necessarily even realize gigs dent of that until rewatching.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And she's very empowering, yeah, which is a beautiful thing, like the way.
Speaker 2: She owns her sexuality. And when I first, like I said, when I first watched it, I was like, why is why are they making it seem like her life revolves arou own sex?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: And then as we keep going and we keep hearing her speak, she's so well spoken. Yep. I just like that. She's in charge. I'm very fashionable.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Do you get to keep the outfits?
Speaker 3: That is a present question.
Speaker 1: Yes, mostly mostly though what happened in the beginning, we had like no budget in the beginning, when I had started. Yeah, we had ten thousand dollars for the entire first season for close. Yep. Just told me this the other day.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: I know they did a good job. But did you ever hear of a story century twenty one? It used to be in New York. It had like all the hot, high high high fashion things would end up there when no one else could sell.
Speaker 2: Them, And y'all's clothes ended up there.
Speaker 1: Yep, no, no, no, we would buy clothes there because we had no budget.
Speaker 2: Okay in the.
Speaker 3: Beginning, because no one knew what the show, what was the hair budget?
Speaker 1: We had really good hair people, yes.
Speaker 2: Because you'all hair was always especially Yes, you're actually like on a lot of my hair in move boards. Yes, Oh my god, I love like the sexy blowout like and you're still rocking it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is my own like not living up. Oh my god, thank you, Oh my god. I'm very very wow wow, thank you so much. I mean your hair inspo. My daughter also really wanted me to tell you hi, and she loves you.
Speaker 2: She's thirteen.
Speaker 1: H Gemma, hey, Jemma, very excited. I shouldn't have said that in the middle.
Speaker 3: But who cares. We had we in the beginning.
Speaker 1: The thing that was interesting about the fashion was we had this woman, pat Field, who had a store downtown. It was very much like a downtown pit, super super almost like basement level downtown person into the art scene, into you know, all kinds of like cutting edge stuff, and had never done a TV show, So Sir Jessica had worked with her before and brought her in and she just didn't want to play by the rules, which was what we need and really did things differently. But it took a while for us to make our name in terms of what we were doing and what we were trying to do and get a lending situation going on with the designer.
Speaker 2: Was the show like controversial at first?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: People wrote all kind of crazy reviews when and they were like get this off TV. Yeah, they were like who are these women? Why are they talking like that? And one of them, maybe one of the like the Wall Street Journal or one of those ones, said, you know, I wouldn't want to date any of these women except for Charlotte, exactly, Like that was our goal, that's goal exactly, exactly exactly it was.
Speaker 3: It was generally just.
Speaker 1: Like blah, but over time that changed. Yeah, So like when we started, we never we didn't. Sarah Joska didn't even think about success. She just told me this other day, which I think is so interesting. I thought that we could be like a kind of like a little cult show, you know, like a little following you know. Yeah, I do have a following them, definitely, definitely, But we didn't have any idea what it would be, right, and we didn't have any idea that that we would be nominated for Emmys and win Emmys and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Like, we had no idea.
Speaker 1: Super shocked it was. It was cool that it shifted from being like this kind of weird what is it? Is it?
Speaker 3: You know, a late night porn show? Like people didn't know at the beginning.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that so many boobs were on there, Like, I know, right watching it back, I'm like, wow, this HBO. Yeah that's right.
Speaker 1: We didn't realize that much boob I know, I know, and saying all kind of crazy things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't realize how much y'all said the P word. Oh, I know, I can only say the P word when I'm rapping.
Speaker 3: I say, I think you also say.
Speaker 1: The word, but only when I'm reading really so not just conversational.
Speaker 2: No, it's hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But but when you're rapping, is it just like cucie that's adorable?
Speaker 3: Wait, what happens when you're rapping?
Speaker 1: Is it like like how I would.
Speaker 2: Be turned into a whole other person? Got it? Like I'm I'm so tough in the booth, it's crazy. Wow. Yeah, but I don't say a pete word in real life.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 1: I think it's more interesting to have that kind of internal conflict going on.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a bad word.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: It's a great word.
Speaker 1: It's a powerful, strong word, the powerful word. Pat Field's favorite compliment to give I'm going to say it because we can bleep it out was t yes, yes.
Speaker 2: But see, like sometimes people I feel like the sea words. See saying the sea word as an insult. You can't say it. No, that's not but like like, yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Cute, that is cute. That's very keen voice.
Speaker 1: She kind of talks like this, so she'd be like she you'd be like, okay, that's me I'm giving.
Speaker 3: I know. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I mean again, it's about whether you own it, Like if you own that.
Speaker 3: That's powerful, right, but.
Speaker 2: We took the word back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, do it? Are you a Charlotte. I'm a Charlotte, babe. This is Megan Stallion and I am a Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Wow. I did not.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, I'd like that mix.
Speaker 2: I'm a shamantha, A shamantha.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I did not think you were going to say that.
Speaker 2: Who has somebody said no, Yeah, they're lying, but I'm Shamantha.
Speaker 3: I'm both dig it, I dig it.
Speaker 2: Baby. My next thing that I'm going to manifest is walking in the scene on the show. Baby. We'd love to have you. Somebody call me, get me in there, Yes, so I can just beat the Shamantha that.
Speaker 3: You want to have you.
Speaker 1: I want to please be with us.
Speaker 2: You heard me. Yeah, I'm coming.
Speaker 3: We'll do it.
Speaker 2: Don't kill me on the peloton.
Speaker 3: We would never