Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Ready for a break?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And so much for that.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com with Ambar Garcia, Brian brought us, Nick Harris and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, welcome back to another episode of the Break presented by l G and we are here with Nick and Brian. How are you guys feeling? Tomorrow is the official start of the NFL Draft. I know you guys are have been working for months for this draft.
Speaker 2: How are we feel today? Feeling spacey? If you will? We almost had a disaster.
Speaker 4: I was telling these guys before we got on the show, I'm gonna work from home individual now. And so I've found that I cannot actually work from home. So I go to a coffee shop nearby and I was like, you know what, I'm gonna get started about ten am this morning. I got a lot of things to do today, get ready for the draft tomorrow. So I'm on my way to the coffee shop and I get the little email notification from Chris Beam that the break is starting in thirty minutes. I was like, oh, yeah, today is Wednesday. I do have a show every Wednesday at ten am, and I've had it for the last year.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I made it.
Speaker 4: So I'm in a hoodie sweatpants, but I am here technically working from home at the moment.
Speaker 7: Well, we're glad you made it. I would have seen Derek fuming with all right, well, let's get started. We're gonna just wrap up everything pre draft, talk about while you guys are expecting, who are your final top guys and names that you're looking at as of today. And before we get started with that, yesterday there was the famous annual pre draft conference, that press conference at the Cowboys hold. It was Will McClay, Stephen Jones, Jerry Jones, and Brian Schottenheimer speaking to the media. And while that was happening, I wanted to bring something that happened yesterday. We saw a sighting of Stephen Stephan Gilmour, former cornerback that played here with the Cowboys for a couple of years. I don't remember how long, just one year, just one year. And then that popped a lot of questions like, Okay, what is he doing here in the building? Are the Cowboys looking to sign the guy and bring him back? We know the need and necessity that the Cowboys are currently having at the cornerback position. So any reports on what's going on there, what is expected and why he was here in the building.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Cowboys didn't know. So there's a lot of things that happen here in the Star. There's businesses on the other side. There's probably a good chance.
Speaker 7: That is it one of those quote unquote didn't know.
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 4: You know, I didn't feel like digging enough to figure out the meeting of that. But regardless, the Cowboys did not have a meeting with him yesterday. If they did, they wouldn't have scheduled it during the press conference. So no, I could Stefan Gilmore, you know, stumble his way back in here, maybe, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that, you know, Gilmore having played here, he knows the building, he knows who the player a lot is. Even if he came in for an official visit, they wouldn't let him walk through the front door. Everybody's right, Nick's right, talking about just across the way. There are a lot of businesses here. He might have had a meeting with somebody about, you know, something he's doing off the field, and so that would be I think, what would bring him here. But yeah, the player entrance is completely different from the main entrance, and then he would probably be walking with somebody. If he came in for say a physical, for a workout, he would leave from a different entrance. And then so that to me, I think was just him probably you know, coming home, coming by doing some business. And then it kind of ended up that everybody happened to be in the media room, which is right there off the age room. It's completely glass, so you can see people coming and going, and I just think the our media got an eye full of a former cornerback here and had to scramble around a little bit to kind of figure that out.
Speaker 7: And then from those conversations that happened yesterday, there's still a lot of talks and questions about whether or not the Cowboys are willing to trade and trade conversations. Are they willing to trade up back and get some more picks? How are you guys currently feeling in that regards? We know based on history, like Jerry Jones, is not afraid of making any kind of trade. And this off season during free agency, we've seen a lot more trades happening that the Cowboys half made for veteran to add to their roster. How are you guys feeling about heading into the draft? Are you guys expecting a trade to happen?
Speaker 4: I think if one is there, it certainly could be on the table for them. I think this team wants to trade back from fifteen and acquire some more capital, or excuse me, trade back from twelve to acquire some more capital. Fifteen happens to be an option for them, I think to Atlanta, huh Atlanta. Yeah, Atlanta doesn't have many picks, but they're looking to come up. So I don't know if that would factor in future picks or whatever else, but Cowboys need picks this year, you know. I'm looking at Atlanta at fifteen, Seattle at eighteen, Denver at twenty, and Houston at twenty five. I think those are some opportunities that could potentially, you know, present themselves to jump up. Even the Chiefs all the way back in the back end of the first round. I wouldn't be surprised if they pony up some major capital to come up and take an offensive lineman if one slips. But you know, obviously this team could use an extra Day two pick a lot like it was last year. And if that phone rings, then sure Jerry will pick it up and see what the offer looks like. But also another thing to factor in is there are not a lot of teams looking to trade up this year necessarily, and there are a lot looking to trade back. How does that affect the market? You might not get the value for your pick. We've talked about it on the Draft Show, Brian has mentioned it. You know, you want to get that value for your pick. There was a report that came out this morning that a lot of these Draft day first round type trades are being offered for about seventy sits on the dollar, and so you want you want value for that pick if you are moving back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think there's a couple of different things that we can focus on. And Nick took the draft route of far as tradings and Jerry Jones mentioned it yesterday and we've been pretty adamant about that throughout. Whether all the platforms were on the Joneses are not interested in picking up the phone. They're only interested in picking up the phone if in fact that someone is calling them. And I sat in that war room with them for six years and kind of always we're thinking, well, maybe we should be a little bit more here, maybe we should try and do that. But they're pretty much set on if they're if the phone is you're calling them, they're willing to deal with you. They're not really interested in calling you and trying to not get value for their pick. So that's something that Jerry Jones was really adamant about, and it's just again something that we've talked about a bunch before. He even said that the cowboys are interested in you know, you call them, they're not going to call you. Now, let's focus on the other end of it. You know, they were talking about substantial names or potential names that could be trading. I have a group of gang of seven that I like to call around the league, some general managers, some directors of player personnel who live and die this with these these moves every day names I started to hear about and listen, these are kind of cowboys fits.
Speaker 3: Will they do these names?
Speaker 8: I don't know, but these are names that my gang of seven was talking about available players.
Speaker 3: Jy R.
Speaker 8: Alexander from the Green Bay Packers, we're talking about him. Jalen Ramsey was a name that was mentioned as well as the guy that you could absolutely have, Travis ATM the running back was a name that was mentioned here. George Pickens was a name also from the Pittsburgh Steelers. And then also Jamison Wilson excuse me, Jamison Williams of the Detroit Lions, and I was hearing that he was available for like a third round pick. So those are names. Now, will the Cowboys do that? Jerry talked about, you know in the walk off. I believe Nick even tweeted about it, you know, talking about that the Cowboys were looking at some possibilities of making some moves.
Speaker 3: Well it happened. We'll see.
Speaker 8: But these are the types of names right now that are being floated in the market.
Speaker 7: Well as far as and I know it's probably unlikely. How Nick just said that the Cowboys would trade up, But is there a player that you would trade up for? In how high did you guys go?
Speaker 4: I mean, for me, it would only be if Travis Hunter somehow slips to like seven or eight other than that, I'm not trading up in this draft. I don't think this team has any business doing.
Speaker 8: So, Yeah, I think the one player we were trying to in some of our again platforms that we've had, we've tried to think about, you know, Travis Hunter for a lot of us, was you know, is the number one player on our board. If you stack your board one to one P fifty, he would likely be number one on a lot of boards. And so if in fact that he and right now he's not going to go one overall, now he probably can go too.
Speaker 3: But what if he were to get to.
Speaker 8: The Giants at three? What if he was to get to New England at four, would you then consider moving up to you know, go that And the way that Nick is kind of talking about this that moving up might not be as as harsh as we've seen in the past, and so teams might be willing to come out of there. But again, you want value for your pick. Travis Hunter would be the one guy that I agree with Nick on that that I think that I would would probably try and trade up for if that was the case. If he got into that range where it was very where it was manageable, for you.
Speaker 7: Okay, Now let's jump into a bunch of random questions about the draft. Is there a position that you guys will walk out of the draft feeling like, and I'm speaking on day one, first round, that if the Cowboys were to see like this position specifically, you guys would be like.
Speaker 2: What are we doing here?
Speaker 3: What is going on?
Speaker 7: Or would you feel that at that position you pretty much hit it, hit the nail in the head with whoever.
Speaker 8: You pick, Nick, I'll take this one because if you look at in this morning, Peter Schrager from ESPN, who's a very respected insider around the league.
Speaker 3: He was with the you know, with.
Speaker 8: The with the the league, you know, with their television program and stuff like that, the NFL that working things, so very respected guy put out a mock draft today where he had Mason Graham, the defensive tackle from Michigan, going all the way past the Cowboys to thirteen, so you know, and then the Cowboys were taking Tyler Booker with McMillan also being on the board. It kind of threw me for a loop a little bit there. But if all of a sudden you're in a situation now, Nick, I'll ask you this question too.
Speaker 3: Would you feel.
Speaker 8: Good about Mason Graham being that he's like a three technique but could play the one technique with you signing OsO DIGGI zuwell, would you feel that that's a good pick for the Cowboys to do? And I also throw Walter Nolan in that group as well. Where is three technique now out of question for this football team with what the additions like, I say, the signing of Osa Solomon Thomas coming on board. Are you out of the three technique business?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think if it's a way where Mason Graham is there for you at twelve, then I think that phone's going to be ringing a lot more and you have something pretty to dangle in front of them rather than potentially getting seventy cents on the dollar.
Speaker 2: I don't see a need.
Speaker 3: I don't believe so.
Speaker 4: And I don't see a need for Mason Graham on this team. I would see a need potentially, even if this means trading back to where you don't have any first round grades anymore and you're at twenty, I think that would be worth it to pick up an extra pick in this sense.
Speaker 8: Okay, so you would feel like the me personally, I don't think that the one position that I kind of felt that and that's why I brought up the defensive tackles was because I kind of feel like, unless it's a one technique, but I don't see them taking a one technique unless you want to play Mason Graham, who could play the one. I mean, he lost a ton of weight to you know, there were questions about him at the combine that you know, his his workout was not going to look good and there were so he lost a ton of weight to try and make himself more agile, more you know, flexible in all those things. But when he plays like a three hundred and twenty pounds, which we had him, you know, he's kind of a different player that way. So maybe that was thinking he's a one, but with a little bit of a lighter guy, he would probably be a three. But do you think he can be a one? He would be really it'd be incredible to have him next to Osa, But do you feel that's the way? I just think tackle might be that position where I kind of feel that might be a little bit of an issue there.
Speaker 4: I mean, he does have some mental attributes that I think would work at the one he's he's got high IQ, he's got a high motor. I think he's got some game traits as well. He's flexible, he gets low. You're talking about low man winning in that interior. He does get low, and I think he'd be able to still get low against shorter centers if that's the case. He didn't face a ton of double teams last year, so he was lined up one on one with guys a lot quite a bit. He would have to battle that, especially if he had to make a position change to the one tech.
Speaker 2: But I think he's quick enough it would it would work out.
Speaker 4: I mean, this was a heavyweight wrestling champion back in high school at Anaheim Survid High School. Oddly enough, we graduated high school with Heteroa McMillan. So I think it would be a fascinating, you know, decision to make between two survey guys.
Speaker 2: I think that would be fascinating.
Speaker 7: All right, let's take our first break. When we come back, we'll keep talking about the drafting. Give out some more names. So of who are some guys you guys should be looking at headed into not just the first round, but also the Day two and Day three of this NFL draft.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 6: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com Slash five G for you forty deals.
Speaker 10: It's the official minskin care brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: Don't put off getting your oil change Dallas Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys is faster than you think. They're so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take fives. Stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 12: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Hand Crafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stand tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Starn Frisco, or online at lucasey dot com. Lucasey the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 13: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti store.
Speaker 3: Letter Rip Troy.
Speaker 14: All right, folks Dot's get started with the Yeddy French Press and Joe Calvi this Today's Hot for Hours and French Press thirty four. As for U sixty four with the Cruise Yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproofs, Somewhere's wall waterproof, Devil's waterprove bag bags for as most of the watersh to get a waterprooved Yetti bag, don't smell something cooking pot new cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak cornback combagce pot pine and ptatoes. Next sobo with three sizes of the Yetty cast iron skillets.
Speaker 13: Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 4: Today back to the break, lg O led Evo is the best TV in the game, but don't take our word for it. Digital trend said the LG OLEDG four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. See for yourself at LG dot com slash O Ledevo. You know we need to press Derek about these TVs.
Speaker 7: He said he has something in the works, but not for us, for the fans.
Speaker 2: I gotta ask him about that. You're a fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm Mandio sweatpants today. I certainly looked the part.
Speaker 7: Welcome back to the second segment, presented by blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Ding.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's move on to we've there's a group of guys and these are the names that we keep hearing about. Popular, most popular names and most likely to be picked by the Dallas Cowboys in the first round. But my question, sorry, my question to you guys, is who's a prospect that you're lower on on than most someone that a lot of people have been talking about, but you don't grade them as high as the main like the popular opinion.
Speaker 2: Or the general push taking it like first round type guys.
Speaker 7: Yes, or you know if I mean that's the easiest one because it's harder to get into those later rounds. But if there's a guy that you have in mind, feel free to throw it out there, which you.
Speaker 3: Got, Brian.
Speaker 8: I think that I'm a lot lower and I think the guys are really good player and I picked him yesterday and our mock draft that when we were asked on the Draft Show, three guys. I put myself in a position, what would the Dallas Cowboys do if McMillan's not there, who would they consider? I'm lower on Will Johnson than most. I have Will Johnson as my twenty fifth best player on my board, of my of my stack. Still that's a second round grade. I personally just like guys like ravel Baron Morrison who worked out Notre Dame, who worked out yes Day. You know they got that information about him. I just like those guys a little bit better. But the question was asked, and I appreciate Kyle Yeomen's doing this was he asked the questions about length and what that means to evaluators here, and it's important for them, and you know they talk about that. But I think that I'm probably at twenty five, a little bit lower on Will Johnson than maybe some other people in this league. I think some people have him in the top fifteen. I just have guys better. If he's selected, though, this guy is a really good football player, But like I said, have others above him right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to go with a defensive tackle, Walter Nolan out of Ole Miss. This is a guy that's gotten a lot of first round love and has even been one of the five hundred and thirty seven names thrown around for potentials for the Cowboys to pick at twelve.
Speaker 2: I have a third round grandt on Walter Nolan.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's a lot of motor and Walter Nolan now that he does have lower body strength and that translates into explosiveness off the line, and he's got the ability to create leverage. I mean, this is still a good player. He's a shore tackler. He combines athleticism with some upper body strength to be a shore tackler. But he kind of sputtered out of the gates at Texas A and M as a number one overall recruit. There's questions from his time in college station does this guy love football? He doesn't get rave character reviews all the way back to his high school days.
Speaker 2: He's been to six different schools in the last eight years.
Speaker 4: Going all the way back to his high school days and even middle school days too, So I don't know. I just think there are better defensive tackles in this class. He's my DT seven. I have a third round grade on him, and actually have him behind some guys in the third round, So that's probably one.
Speaker 7: Well, let's switch the question and change it up a little bit. What's the sneaky Day two or Day three name that Cowboys fans should know about them? Potentially not many people are talking about, but you guys have grated them a little higher.
Speaker 2: Man putting us on the spot here, you think.
Speaker 8: Would you would you look at the running backs? I know we've talked about a lot of different running backs, but the name that keeps popping up, and he's a really good player, is our running back from Virginia Tech.
Speaker 2: Absolutely to a lot of people have talked about Touton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but have they talked about him Dave?
Speaker 8: I think we've talked about him more as a third round guy, but there seems to be some buzz about him being a second round guy.
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 3: That that that to me? Like I said, I I would see.
Speaker 8: Him more as a third I yesterday again in our mock draft for the draft show, I picked Henderson. Now, do I think Henderson's going to be there? Probably not, But you know, I'm going to take a chance that maybe that he gets through to you at forty four. That would I would absolutely love, But I think when you start that there's been other names that we've talked about, and the Cowboys brought him in then for a thirty visit, and you know, this is to get to know this guy. On my book, he's kind of in that that slotted with Sampson from Tennessee and guys like that is a third round guy. Could he get taken at forty four? Absolutely that you know that that's again that might be guy I have a little bit lower on my board, but I could see the Cowboys absolutely taking him at a guy a lot maybe around earlier than what I would take him.
Speaker 2: Again, you're kind of putting me on the spot here.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Now you're all right, I'm gonna go with Fidel Diggs. Ed Drusher out of Syracuse six four two fifty seven originally began his career at Texas A and M. He's a versatile guy. He's He's played up and down the line. He's even played some snaps in the box too. He played almost twenty five percent of his snaps off the ball last year. He can do a lot of different things for a defense. He's a defensive chess piece. I have a late third round grade on him. I think this will be a guy that's available on Day three and it could certainly make sense for a team like this that is definitely hunting down a bigger set type of edge. And if they don't get that guy in the first couple of days, I think Fidel Digs makes a lot of sense if he's there in the fifth.
Speaker 7: And I know, when you guys are looking at the draft for so long or looking at all these college players and prospects, sometimes you end up falling in love with somebody, with a player that you really really like. And it doesn't necessarily mean a first round grade. It's somebody that you just see a lot of potential. And I was trying to google the word, but is it?
Speaker 2: Is it pet cat or Okay?
Speaker 4: I could not two words, but yes, you're right, pet cat, pet cat?
Speaker 2: Two words? Okay. I was cooling.
Speaker 7: It was started showing MRIs and cat scans. I'm like, what is going on? But who would you say? Who's the name the guy that would be your pet cat.
Speaker 6: For this year?
Speaker 2: In this draft?
Speaker 4: Oh man, I feel like I feel like this is the second year in a row that I've had a running back as my cat and I know we just brought him up Big schol Tooton out of Virginia Tech. I mean, he's He's been a guy that I've ridden with throughout this draft process, and I know I've I've mentioned quite a few running backs that I love, but He's He's certainly one I think I would take. And I'll just give you another one on the other side of the ball, just for twots and giggles, if you will, to see what I did there. I like Riley Mills, defensive tackle out of Notre Dame. Not necessarily for this team, but just in general. He's a three tech that played for Notre Dame last year. He got hurt towards the end of the season, so you didn't see him in the College Football Playoff, which is unfortunate. But he has three tech five tech versatility. I think he has rare strength at six five two ninety six. He's athletic. His pass rush begins with his hands and he gets into the backfield. Had seven and a half sacks in twelve games last year. Coming out of the defensive interior. There's a lot of pass rush upside. There are teams that look for these pass rushing interior defenders that can create some trouble from the interior to open up their edge rush guys. I think Riley Mills would be that type of talent. He's he's been a guy that I've really fallen in love with over the course of the last month or so.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think my guy would be Carson Swezinger from UCLA, the linebacker. I absolutely love the way that he plays. You know, you're you're watching this guy and he was, you know, in two hundred and twenty pound range. He's bulked up a little bit to two forty two at the combine, but he's he's kind of a throwback in the way he plays. I mean he doesn't he didn't at the time when you're watching the tape. He didn't have really true bulk. His instincts, his toughness as a run defender is really really good. He could play down hill, he tackles well, you know, and you watch him play, he can play and coverage, he could blitz. There's some complete elements to his game as a linebacker. And you know, maybe the Cowboys were a year or a draft early with with taking you know, taking their Notre Dame linebacker last year, I think this would have been a guy that new look at Carson Sweazer term. For me, I fell in love with the game. I couldn't believe a guy that was playing at two hundred and twenty pounds played with the physicality and the instincts and the downhill.
Speaker 3: Ability that this kid had.
Speaker 8: He went from like being a guy that not maybe not many were talking about, maybe a third round guy. He's going to probably get taken in the second round early. But just because of the things that I talked about, the traits, I.
Speaker 4: Got to throw another one out there. This is probably outside of the top twenty. This is probably my favorite player in the class. Is Maxwell Harrison Corner out of Kentucky. Yeah, speed, acceleration, physicality, ballhawk ability, it's all there. He's got a slender build, but he's a solid tackler, and I think there's more room to fill out his frame with that center build. Slender build, but he can still play the run effectively as well. He's a guy that I think if he slipped to forty four, it'd be tough for this team to pass on. I don't see it happening, but man, this is a really talented player. I think is gonna start Day one.
Speaker 8: Wherever you land, he's they're talking about him now like as a first round guy, like the back end in the fact of the first round. Amber, I know you probably have another question if Nick's gonna if Nick's gonna throw throw more guys in there. Uh le Quintin Allen from Syracuse. And if you watch him play, there's some violence to his game. He's a he's a running back that when he takes that the handoff, he is going north south in a hurry. And he is a guy that when I always say this about a runner and it's gonna he does not really make anybody miss. He is going to run until he hears glass break. That's how he just his style is he's just just kind of just gonna run into people, run over people, bounce off people. He's super tough. He doesn't he doesn't, you know, with all the carries.
Speaker 3: And that he has.
Speaker 8: You know, they say, well, he's put the ball on the ground a little bit, but all of it has been really because of second and third contact with him, He's always fighting for extra yards. He's tough around the goal line, and he catches the ball really really well. So here's a guy that kind of like Smith from SCMU at running back who is a converted wide receiver to running back. You're looking for these running backs that have the ability to catch the football. Really kind of the opposite of what Tooton, who we talked about earlier though, Virginia Tech's offense really not getting the running back into the passing game like say the SMU and then Syracuse.
Speaker 3: But my man, he is a tough, tough, tough guy.
Speaker 7: Let's go ahead and go to our final break. When we come back, I have a bunch of fill in the blank questions for you guys relating the draft after this break.
Speaker 13: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys then on an lg O led evil TV. That's because everything you see is more lifel like every play, every hit. I mean, you might as well be on the sidelines, that's how.
Speaker 3: Clear it is.
Speaker 13: It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black over eight point three million pixels. No one comes close. Lgoled Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o ledevo.
Speaker 15: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 4: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the.
Speaker 2: Game day lineup that can't be beat better.
Speaker 4: Yet, Gather your CA and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 2: The winds will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 13: And we're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 5: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be reported and monitored for quality assurance. Message in dat rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a number FDIC.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew five fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 6: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you for DDAs.
Speaker 2: Back to the break.
Speaker 4: At and T connecting changes everything that's right. It's so spiritual.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's get right into it. Fill in the blank type of questions. If Dallas doesn't draft A or N by day two, we've got a problem.
Speaker 2: Corner corner is it for me?
Speaker 4: It would This team has a very glaring red light at corner I think, bigger than any other position. They only have one starter that's ready to go to start the year. I mean, there's confidence in this building about kaye Elam, but kyer Elam also hasn't touched the field for this team yet, so.
Speaker 2: They got to get a corner on the first two days.
Speaker 3: About one technique looking at that at all.
Speaker 2: More than a receiver, I understand where you're coming from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to me, there's there's two positions. I really think.
Speaker 8: I think they probably feel like that they could play with the receivers they have, But me personally, I would think runner. I mean, I know this running back group is deep, but I'm trying to get I'm trying to get that to me, what I on my board would be the upper echelon type of backs.
Speaker 3: I think there's some good backs.
Speaker 8: But I think there's three positions you could look at and say, you know, Nick's right about the corner, but the one technique running back and corner would be you know, I think that would be the the three that I would look at. But for sure that that that one technique is is kind of a scary thing right now.
Speaker 4: One caveat in this whole ordeal, especially when you factor in the glaring needs going into the first two days, is that all of our boards just kind of got blown up yesterday when Jerry said that they were working on two substantive trades, because that that could factor in at any position. And if they go into day three, say without a receiver, without a corner, you know, who's to say that they aren't working on something to fill that need on the back end. I'm not confident that it would be for more than like a fifth or sixth round pick, and it would be another kayr Elam type of addition, but maybe just kind of rational.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not substantial.
Speaker 8: I mean, giving giving up a giving up a day, a Day two pick that that would be substantial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 7: The position that will define this draft class for the Cowboys is.
Speaker 2: The position probably probably the running back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can make up case for the receiver, especially if that receiver gets taken in the first round. But if you know, based on what Brian Schottenheimer said in Florida about the identity of this team, he wants to be physical, he wants to run the football. The additions that they've made on the offensive side of the ball to help run the football. Uh, this running back that gets drafted to this team, whether it be first, second, third, fourth, fifth, whatever, he is going to be a future part of this offense. And uh, it's it's like Ezekiel Elliott in twenty sixteen. I know he was the fourth overall pick. It's much different. But even in a draft class with Dak Prescott, he was the identity of that draft class. And you know it's going to it's going to be a similar type field this year. There's gonna be a lot of eyes on whoever that running back is that comes in.
Speaker 8: Cowboy's got a real big dose of reality last year when they not went the running backs that they went against. When you talk about Henry and then you talk about Saquon Barkley, and Jerry even mentioned that that opened their eyes to what they need. So I think Nick's absolutely right. I think the running back here could very well define, you know, how this offense is going to be going forward.
Speaker 7: If we draft Blank, Cowboys, Twitter or X will melt.
Speaker 4: Down Johnson because of Brian No, it's I think, gosh, I think there's a lot of actually, there's a lot of possibilities here interior offensive line.
Speaker 3: I think Tyler Booker would melt this thing down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think if they took an interior offensive line and it would melt down on the planet.
Speaker 2: But even Tyler Booker, it would not be a bad pick. No, it's not meltdown worthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And to me though, it's you know, the thing of it, and like the thing you talked about with the Will Johnson stuff, you know, there's just a lot of questions about Will Johnson. You know, there's a lot of there's a lot of questions. I mean, I think we got some information about, you know, the injury history, and I think there's some teams around the league that I know I've talked to that are concerned about his injury history. But they see these players a lot different. They don't give a damn what Nick and I think. They really don't and so don't get mad at you know, if all of a sudden they take somebody that's you know, that we haven't talked about or we like, they don't care. So I'm not a I'm I've said this a thousand times. I'm a I like Will Johnson. I just have three cornerbacks above him that I like better.
Speaker 3: That's just me.
Speaker 8: That's that's my job. And so you know, if you want to melt down because it's something I said, well then you know that's on you. Yeah, exactly, don't know. You know, Will Johnson would be a fine player here. He absolutely would fit a need that they have. Cornerback is Nick's talked about is something that they have a lot of questions about right now.
Speaker 4: I think this team is star art not this team. This fan base is starved for a sexy first round pick. The last three have been in the trenches. It's been Tyler Smith and Monzie Smith and then Tyler Geiden this last year. I think this team is also again fan base is also just starved to have a flashy guy that they can look at at training camp and have some fun with selfishly training camp content purposes. Wise, I would love a sexy pick as well, because last year was very bad from a training camp content perspective. The first round pick was half hurt of the half of the camp as Ceedee Lamb was not present the entire time. It was bad for us going into like week two.
Speaker 7: Well, history has shown when we looked at all the drafts that the Cowys have had and correct me if I'm wrong, but typically in round two, in the second round, sometimes it's take risks with players that have kind of fallen down, whether because of whatever issue going on with them or typically injury wise or recovering from something. Are you are the Cowboys, I should say, in a position where they are able to take those kinds of risk looking more towards development in the future, or you absolutely need to make sure that everyone that you're taking is for someone that is able to make an impact, an immediate impact this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a fascinating question because I think if you look back on the last two picks that they've made in the first round Mozzie Smith, Tyler Guiden, I think either of us could have told you on draft night and probably did, is that, Hey, this is going to take some time. This is going to be some marinating and we've seen the you know struggles of those marinations, I guess over the course of the last two years with those two picks. And you know, those guys still have some time. But it's they have not played to the lovel a first round pick yet. And I know you were talking more so about you know, other rounds as well, but this team needs impact starters. They need an impact starter at receiver, running back, corner. I think they needed at one tech as well. Yeah, and I don't I understand the idea of draft and develop, and this team could certainly do it with a with a with a guy that doesn't have a lot of experience, but I think you should be hunting the experience in this class.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, to me, the possibility where they could maybe do some good and Nick correct me if I'm wrong. We mentioned corner, you know, could they could revel from from East Carolina? Could morson both first round guys on a lot of people's boards. Could they end up at forty four? Could they be those impact type players? Could you get a starter at forty four at corner, a guy that in my opinion, like I say, I know Morson probably not a first round great on your board, but on my board he is. But could they get a first round talent at corner because of having to deal with an injury or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's certainly a possibility. Revel would be a fun one and when he gets fully healthy, it'll be an impact player on this team. But you would have the same issue you had today if you did draft Revel, is the fact that you don't have three starting corners ready to go to start the season. You would almost certainly have to double divot corner later in the draft just to have another body there. But I think for the long term, a Revel guy could certainly work, and not only off the injury, but one year of starting experience in the American Athletic Conference, there's going to be a jumping competition for him.
Speaker 2: There's going to be some development there. But the upside is super super large.
Speaker 3: Well, as we begin to.
Speaker 7: Wrap up this conversation, we can always talk about what we prefer and what you guys like and all that, but looking at the through the lens of the Dallas Cowboys and what they typically do. What is the most Cowboys type pick in this draft? In what sense as far as player wise, what.
Speaker 3: Player bet fits the bill for how they usually draft?
Speaker 7: Yes, because usually they.
Speaker 2: You know what I think, I'm confused by the question.
Speaker 7: You always have you always have your pick, your guy that you like, but it's like it doesn't necessarily align with what the Cowboys would do necessarily. So that's what I'm saying. It's like, aside from your picks, you guys have given me guys that you like headed into this draft, but when you look at from their perspective and what they typically do, what is looking through their lens the type of player that they would be more tours picking.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny because this is a guy that I think has been thrown around quite a bit, and you think about the success that the Cowboys have had in the first round on the offensive line. Yeah, over the course of the year, Josh Simmons kind of feels like a Cowboys type pick.
Speaker 8: I was, That's exactly who I was going to say. I was going to see if you were going to do it. But yeah, Josh Simmons from Ohio State, Uh, this is my favorite offensive lineman in the draft. I mean I have him as if you look at again at my stack, which is it's important to me. The Cowboys can care less about how I see these guys. But you know when you when you start to talk about this player, and I'll tell you I I'm in the top five when it comes to my uh my stack. So I think that much of this player and that would be a guide.
Speaker 3: To me that you know he has.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's coming off the patella. Okay, so you know we're talking about that whole thing with the knee. But you watch this guy play. There's a lot of questions about these offensive tackles.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of there's.
Speaker 8: Questions about Will Campbell Memboo, you know guys like that. There's questions about with Banks at Texas. To me, when you watch this guy play, if he did not get hurt, he'd be the first tackle taking off the board. We all these other guys at Campbell's and all, but you this this that would be very much a not not a pick that everybody's kind of worried about him maybe being healthy enough. But that's the kind of that that they look at, Well, maybe the guy's a little banged up, but here's the value this guy. You could hit on this with this player. But yeah, Josh Simmons would be that guy for me.
Speaker 4: I tell you, if this team did draft for Josh Simmons in the first round, there would be such a fascinating discussion to be had in that Thursday night press conference with Jerry Stephen and Will McClay and Brian Schottenneimer. It's like, what the hell are you gonna do with him? Because you have your left tackle that you drafted the.
Speaker 3: First claim it left tackle. I don't have your right I did not have time.
Speaker 4: It would they would basically have to say, hey, we're gonna have to give up on one of these tackles.
Speaker 2: I mean they would have to say.
Speaker 3: It, yeah, and you know what, and then you let him compete.
Speaker 8: You just move, you move, geton over to right tackle, and he competes with steel and then away you go. And if he's good enough to compete and he's able, he's one of maybe he wins the job, or maybe it gives you the flexibility where all of a sudden he comes with the attitude like Okay, I'm not gonna be I'm gonna work hard, I'm gonna do things.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do what they asked me to do. I'm gonna be ready.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna you know, all the experiences that I ad in the past, I'm gonna put behind me and I'm gonna go forward. He could be that, or he could just kind of just keep the same type of attitude that he has right now and then not beat Steel out and then he could go on the uh go on and be a guy that we never talk about again. So to me, I like I said, I there's teams that I admire around football that like when when they make a pick and it doesn't work, they move on. They just do not hold on, They just move you. If you were to take Josh, if you were to take Josh Simmons, he's your starter at left tackle, and don't worry about it. Him and Smith on that left side would do just as I think, just as good as I like Jackson. Donovan Jackson in this draft from from Ohio State, who plays left guard next played left guard next to Simmons. There's reasons why when you watch Ohio State run the football that these guys are blocking and the and that and their running game is successful and the protection that Will Howard had to throw the football this year because of those two guys over there. You could get the same thing with Simmons and Smith on that left side for Dak Prescott and just a quick sidebar.
Speaker 4: It's it's funny, how how when you mentioned an Ohio State guy in this draft? How safe is typically on the back side of it. There are so many safe players that are wearing that Buckeye helmet from year. You talk about Josh Simmons, Well, yes, the injury, but I from what I know, I think the knee is not a concern for team. Josh Simmons, Donovan Jackson, a Mecha Buga, Trevon Henderson, j T. Tumolowow, and Quinn Shawn Judkins. I would qualify all those guys as safe. And they're all from Ohio State.
Speaker 3: There's reason why they won the national champions Do.
Speaker 2: You understand it?
Speaker 4: Whenever you start isolating these guys and seeing how dominant that they were last season, it's really impressive. And then they also had the best receiver in college football who's not draft eligible.
Speaker 7: Yea, our time is up, but super super fast. I have one last question because someone sent it in. This person was asking looking at this draft, and we typically know whether the Cowboys walk out with more defensive players or more offensive or kind of a good even balance between the two sides of ball. Which side do you guys think is going to be the most dominant one walking out of the draft, meaning which side is.
Speaker 2: Going to have the most picks?
Speaker 7: Defense?
Speaker 3: Offense, offense.
Speaker 8: I think they addressed in what they did in free agency, how they played it with the trades and stuff they made. Not to say that they're not going to draft any defensive players, but I think they're going to try and help their quarterback the best they can.
Speaker 4: I agree, And Schuttenheimer kind of mentioned it in his meeting in Florida. He was like, Yeah, if you look at our free agent moves, you would think we're a defensive minded team. But you think you have a defensive head coach. But he said, I'm going to get some help for this offensive side of the ball. I think it's the offense as well well.
Speaker 7: Tomorrow is the star of the NFL Draft, the Stars at seven Central time, and we also have the Draft show that's going to go on all through the draft. Obviously, but you guys start at what time? Six o'clock, six o'clock. Both of you are going to be there? Are you on the draft?
Speaker 2: Kind of in eirteen hours.
Speaker 7: I don't know how you guys do it, but tune in on dallascowboys dot com. These guys will be live one hour before the draft all the way through the draft, and what's cool, you guys get a lot of a chance to get interviews with a lot of these players are picked by the Cowboys, so that's always good to hear once you get a feel of their personality and their voices on there, anything else you guys want to say pre draft.
Speaker 4: Also on day three we'll be able to interview scouts and get some really good perspective from those guys going into day three and then before the picks are made. Chris Pine does a great job in the back of throwing up some war room footage for us and seeing what the debates are being like being had in the war room.
Speaker 2: It's a fascinating time.
Speaker 4: It's a great weekend, and it's a weekend that everyone comes out of nine times out of ten is happy. So I say, let's have some fun this weekend again, happy and exhausted, but it's.
Speaker 2: Always a fun time, all right.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you guys so much for Nick Harris, Brian Brads I remember you're see how This has been the break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dellas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.