Speaker 1: He is drinks chests, motherfucking podcast.
Speaker 2: He's a legends every Queens rapper.
Speaker 1: He ain't agreed as your boy in o R. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer put up as d J e f N.
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean. And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans, mother.
Speaker 2: Post ds New Year's c that's it's time for drink champs.
Speaker 1: Drink up, motherfuck motheruck what it could be? Hoping s to be?
Speaker 2: This is your boy n A O N A A what ups d J e f N.
Speaker 1: And this is s Midle Tamy crazy war.
Speaker 4: Yeah it.
Speaker 1: Now now I can't I couldn't wait to get this brother his flowers. Not only is he a rapper, now only is an archibal now now only even a reality star new podcast, our father soon to be husband. We heard you know what I mean? This man, this man got hits after hits. Someone's looking and I'm like, wow, I wanted to see him on versus this. We We're gonna give him his flowers today. In case you don't know who the fuck we're talking about. One holy mother. You got a lot of hit records, bro underrated, Yo, yo, did who would you want to battle in versus?
Speaker 4: I kept saying I wanted to battles your button.
Speaker 3: Sure, now that's uneven, that's uneven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what it was.
Speaker 4: We had an issue on on Clubhouse.
Speaker 1: You got is a lot of people.
Speaker 4: It was on Clubhouse.
Speaker 3: It was it was a play issue, like like we was battling songs on Clubhouse. Remember we was on quarantine. We ain't had nothing to do with.
Speaker 4: It was back then. We were just having fun, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And I'm playing my songs and then he kind of up up on me because I wasn't counting my songs. So I saved my my best for last. But I went over he was doing ten and in Wow. So I had a thing for like, Yo, listen, we're gonna do the real one, a real verse and Joe.
Speaker 1: But I don't think your body's gonna come out I don't think he's gonna come out of the house for that. That's what that's what got. So listen, let's get into the beginning, right because going through your records, uh, it said on I believe remember me that you wasn't rapping until you went to jail.
Speaker 4: So how does that happen? I never rapped, Broka, I never raped.
Speaker 3: I never had no aspirations, no dreams about being a rapper here as a kid. You know, we were growing up in a time. We fans a Big Daddy came Rock Cam and all that.
Speaker 4: We were from that era.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't sitting around like yo, I want to be a rapper. So when I went to prison, I was it didn't dawn on me right to ever start rapping. And you know, I was getting a lot of trouble all the time, always in the box, always having issues and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: And I'm always having conflict with other young black men.
Speaker 1: So in the box that's when you started, right now, twenty three.
Speaker 4: Hours a day. At that time, I think I was doing a year.
Speaker 1: Are you straight?
Speaker 4: You're straight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're straight in the box right. And it was a Friday night. I heard niggas on the gate, you know, rapping.
Speaker 1: You know, niggas be on the gate.
Speaker 4: They was getting it in.
Speaker 3: One nigga's bigging on the balls. Another niggas rapping, and I was like laying on my bed like damn, this shit sounds crazy. And I said to myself, when I get up in the morning, I'm gonna write me around.
Speaker 4: And I wrote my first rhyme that Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: Remember your first round. It was some.
Speaker 3: It was it was some stressed out like I'm sitting in the cell, living in hell something to that. Definitely, it was heavily influenced by pop Definitely to me at that time, he was he was speaking that black male experience like no other.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, My first I was rapping before, right, But when I I it to Malcolm xIC ship and Malcolm X said, uh that he used to read with the light the cell like at the nighttime. I used to write Royn's but I used to never want people to know that, right, So you know, people used to come up myself and be like, what are you doing on the floor, like you know what I'm saying? Like I was like, and my first battle was against I know, just do hasty story every time I bring it up. We're in the yard and this guy named be Wise. He was names Wise and all of the Bronx dudes was with him, in order of the Brooklyn dudes were me. And because it was it was called be House. It's only Brooklyn and Bronx. Dude. I don't know how Queens Nigga was in there. I don't know why right, But in my first time I remember it, I was like, I said, I don't give a fuck. When I was six, I did a stick up in a Tonka truck and the whole yard went to crazy and there was that moment. From that moment, I was like, I'm gonna be a you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I knew at that point. I knew that I knew I.
Speaker 1: Was addicted to the crowd, like like getting that attention.
Speaker 2: So when was when you got to remind us what your rap name was? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that was my rap name then that's my very first rap name. He did always laugh at my and see y'allho with the ball de berean.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: So when it was it? When was it? Because you know every you know everybody who write a rhyme and ye come a rapper? When was it? You was like, Yo, I'm gonna go home, I'm gonna take the series. Wasn't in the can or wasn't.
Speaker 3: When you when I was in the cam when I first started doing it, you go understand, I'm stealing in the box, right, and I'm at that point, it was just like something to pass the time, right, you know, because what you're doing in the box, you're doing push ups, sit up, you're sleeping, you're writing a letter like you ain't doing much, you know, sleeping half the day. So I was like, if I get up and write a rhyme by the end of the day, like it's gonna it's gonna take some of the day away. So I started thinking about it, like, man, maybe I could go home and be a rapper, right, And then I was at the same time I would say that, I was like, hell, no, ain't no rapper. But I was so insecure about that because nobody, nobody knew me for that. You understand, people had already had their perception of who I was. I was a little popular back then, right, and now that I'm saying that I'm a rapper, and this is the time when nigga niggas like we ain't no rapper. Nigga like rappers want to.
Speaker 4: Be like us, you understand.
Speaker 3: So didn't I didn't build up that confidence into.
Speaker 4: Some years later because I was afraid.
Speaker 3: To tell people that that So if I was five, six, seven years and at this point, if a nigga would have asked me what I was doing when I came home, and I would have said, I'm gonna come home and be a rapper, and they would have said, nigga, what I would have never done it. Y'all have never met me, because that's how insecure I was about it. Because I would have anybody that respected me would have told me, man, you ain't no rapper. I would have said, you know what, You're right, I'm not fuck am I doing? So I kept it to myself. I kept to myself until I get that time nineteen twenty. I'm younger and I'm picking it up, you know. But I didn't think that this was a long shot. Niggas wasn't coming home becoming rappers. That wasn't a thing yet, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, So we're going through So how did you get how did you get that?
Speaker 5: For?
Speaker 1: Was it Atlantic Records?
Speaker 3: Your first My first major label deal was with Universal through through uh Motown Sylvia Loan Oh Wow Tone from track Master Soign. So I had the song rumors on if you remember, that was a song that put me in a game, right, That was that was my hit in that era because when I came out, I jumped into the DVD right, that was the mixtape DVD time right, and it was just like the mixtape was the thing because I was up North and I was like listening to everybody that was on the clues. I was hearing all y'all right, and I'm like, damn, if I could just make it to the clues, I'm lit I made it because I felt like everybody that was on a clue tape made it.
Speaker 4: Me too, Like I didn't didn't.
Speaker 1: He thought it's gotta be reached, know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I when when I got out, I was just like, you know, jumping right into that, into that error right there, and that's that's kind of like how I kind of got it started right there.
Speaker 4: And then the universe was signing.
Speaker 1: First, Universal signing first. So how did you get to Atlantic? Was that through t I?
Speaker 4: No, I got dropped, Get I gotta dropped? Okay, yeah you gotta you know, you gotta go through it.
Speaker 3: But you got a bad go right, Yeah, they paid me out, paid the player.
Speaker 4: Okay, then.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It hurts your confidence. So I was I was I was around Kim, and Kim was, you know, opening up her doors for me. I was coming around, and you know, I was I was starting to, you know, get a real peak at what with what being a superstar artist is. And then I and I made the song Rumors I got signed the University. Now I'm thinking in that era, my my understanding of what the game is is like, once you get signed, the label just gonna make you this big star.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't know that. Nobody.
Speaker 3: Nobody came to me and said, listen, this is the time when you need to work even harder.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. So I'm just like waiting for it to kick in.
Speaker 3: I'm like, where's one on six in PARP, Like where's the MCV, Like where's these big records? Like, and I'm sitting there away and I'm doing I'm still doing me. But I don't think that I had the mind state to understand that I was. I should have been working working harder, even harder. And one day my lawyer called me and was just like, hey, uh, they said they they're good on you like that, he said, basically, now he said it like that, but they don't want they want to let you go.
Speaker 4: And something in me was just like, well, all right, fucking cool.
Speaker 3: I was in Atlanta. I was just like, I got that news. He said, listen, but I got a check for you. So I went you got my check. I told Tone about it. Tone was like, Noah, I'm gonna see what's going on.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it. I'm good because at this at this point, I'm signed like two years, a year and a half at least, nothing really happened for me.
Speaker 4: You know, they dropped me.
Speaker 3: So now I'm back in the hood. I'm at Ryo House on one roll doing records again in the hood. No more budget, no more Sony, no more, no more, no more interns running.
Speaker 4: Full budget, none of that. So I had to I had to.
Speaker 3: Dig back in and and and work my you know, working working back.
Speaker 1: How you didn't get discouraged, That's.
Speaker 3: A good question. I kind of felt like it did bother me, though.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: If I set up here and tell you that, I wasn't bothered, because it bothers your spirit because you feel like you made it. And this is a time when we when I was attributed getting a record deal, Like like I just went to the NBA just got a record deal.
Speaker 1: The like I made it.
Speaker 3: Only only the best niggas get a real record deal. I had been in, I had been in, I had been out for eighteen months. Wow, after doing ten years, I got my first record.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it hurt me.
Speaker 4: It hurt me a little bit, but I knew that I had to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Wow. You know, I wanted to show you a story. This is real funny because I had already kind of like the had platinum records. But I'm moving out to death Jam. So we moving to Depth Jam and IRV Gotty is downstairs in the lobby. IRV God. He looks at me and goes, I don't think you made it. And I look at him, like you, I hate them. But he was like, yo, he was giving me the game. I didn't know at this time. He was like, Yo, don't drop your guards because you got depth Jam.
Speaker 3: So is that what you're saying, like that's one hundred Yeah yeah, because you listen, I'm sitting in the day room imagining what it felt like to be a nigga shooting these videos.
Speaker 1: And you remember it was it was a.
Speaker 4: Thousand what is this a break budget for videos?
Speaker 1: Back?
Speaker 4: Then yeah, budgets were crazy, mister Lee.
Speaker 1: They gave me water. It's a prank joke. Why did they give me water? My bad? I have to start Wait a minute, what is going on here? They trying to help me? The hell's going on? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Take your time, my bad. You So, so I'm looking at these videos. I'm looking at one on six in Paul. We're looking at Rapid City, and I'm just like, that's the life I want. I'm wanna get away from this ship. I wanna get out these streets and get away from this jail ship. I want to be one of them niggas. So so you think that you associate success with the glitz of it, the loft, the likes, the looks, the outfits, the jury, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 3: So when I got out and I got my first record deal, I'm like, I made it. If somebody would have said to me, what got to you? I would have snapped out of it, even though I knew I was working, I still was working, but I would have had I would have went at it. The mind state would have.
Speaker 4: Been a lot better to plus the label politics too.
Speaker 1: Definitely, Once you learn that, once you learn that, you gotta really.
Speaker 2: Like there's camps in there that.
Speaker 3: It's all this camps. Then then you gotta have like somebody really like a bodyguard. You gotta have somebody really pushing for you, an executive and that's really going now he the guy and really every day because they got to roster up with different artists, they don't always have the answers, they don't really know what to do, and the times was changing, so it was just like.
Speaker 1: Did I make it?
Speaker 3: So when you get dropped, you like you start to doubt yourself. Am I really that good back of the hood?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Now around a little bit because you just recently went to Saint Thomas and sometimeas Saint Croix, and you got family out there, Saint Coury, got a little bit of Port Rican's out there. They do.
Speaker 3: No, my family is from St. Thomas in listen, listen, I spent the whole summer in Saint Croix when I was a kid. Okay, so my mother, my mother's mother and fall the both from the Virgin Islands. Now, what's funny is that my grandmother had Puerto Rican relatives like.
Speaker 1: I do have Puerto Rican a little bit. Yeah, yeah, I can see it. I never talked about it, but absolutely, you don't start claiming you made Come on, let's do it, man.
Speaker 3: I got, I got, I got, I got cousin's named Felix.
Speaker 1: Yeah I know Felix, I know him. Yeah, so real. So how was that experience because that was your first time going back as now you man star. And then I found one of my uncles. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: I found one of my uncles randomly.
Speaker 1: Or so I knew.
Speaker 3: I knew my grandfather had like twenty kids.
Speaker 1: That's annoy.
Speaker 3: My grandfather wasn't nothing to be played with, at least I think twenty they got. They got it around like seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 1: But I had to be so.
Speaker 3: But I knew the name my last my mother, his maiden name was Ingerman, so that was my grandfather's name. So when I went out at the same time as I was like asking around about Ingerman and everybody was telling me about this John Ingerman, and I was like, he got to be related to me. So I got in contact with him. I was like, I think, I think I'm your relative. And he asked me who my mother was, and I was like, my grandfather was was you know, was Joseph Ingerman, and he said, man, that was my father.
Speaker 1: I'm your uncle.
Speaker 4: So I found my mother brother.
Speaker 1: Online no over over texts, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: When I got the Saint Thomas earlier last year, you know, so I actually found him and then we met up and everything.
Speaker 4: I met some of my relatives. This is my mother's brother who she never met.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, it was that yeah, yoh man, And.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit go ahead. Would you ever do love of hip hop again?
Speaker 3: I mean it's all business though, bro right, So everything is about business. If the business was right, then I would consider any I would consider.
Speaker 4: It, you know, I would do it in the heart of the heart of dime. I love it. You love this executive.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't have that same experience. I only did it one time. And I felt like they felt like I stuck them up.
Speaker 1: I feel like because but I.
Speaker 3: Felt like that they didn't. They was like, well, we wasn't getting nothing from you, and I was kind of yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was like, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not with all that.
Speaker 1: They thought they were starting to mainoa deep.
Speaker 3: They wasn't get that I was gonna go on TV and I act like a monkey like that wasn't gonna be that, you know what I mean? So I was like trying to control everything, like, nah, she's not gonna be in that scene.
Speaker 6: Who she?
Speaker 3: Who she filming with? No, I ain't gonna go who. You got me feeling it now, I don't be filming with these niggas. So they was I was trying to Michael manage everything. So I ended up only maybe on like seven episodes out of that season.
Speaker 1: That's that's kind of because it's pretty fourteen Yeah, yeah, seven. So what you said you would never do, I'm not saying I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, if the business was right, they got at least start me higher than they started me before. Of course every season, every season, it goes up.
Speaker 4: But so now we got to be, you know, in another another space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, because it was that I had them in a good place the first time, you know, and they felt like I robbed them.
Speaker 4: I think the same thing to me one time for Robber stick up?
Speaker 1: How many people ask you for a million bucks after you dropped that Swiss worcond?
Speaker 4: How many?
Speaker 1: How many people ask you for a million bucks? All up? Like this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we printed up. We printed up like one hundred dollars bills with my face on it, and then we go to the shows and like throw it out people.
Speaker 2: They was taking them money and taking out for that many times throwing money got your.
Speaker 3: We thought it was real money.
Speaker 4: You know how people are they people they want real money, of course for real.
Speaker 1: But because I was like, damn, that was mad pressure. That must have been mad pressure, especially your family members. You're giving million, give it to your family.
Speaker 3: I always felt like, man, maybe we should have changed it. I feel like a million million, But I think I feel like a million bucks, Like maybe we should have changed that.
Speaker 1: I think I think that even if you would have changed it, would have said the same shit, like you give it out a million bucks, buddy, damn. So do you still love do you love this game? The game? I don't love.
Speaker 3: I don't absolutely love the business of the game. I love the art of it. I love to to create something, you know, to see something that you created then let it have a little impacting and performing and just the love for the game. In that way, the business of it is disheartening, you know what I mean. It takes to it the fun, It takes a fight out you like, like god, all listen, right, oh list because you understand, like the general public don't understand that. You know, when you put out a record, that there's so much that has to go into it to make that record a hit. Right, So they say that records are not made and manufactured. They you know, it's like they promote it, they market it. Right, it's a budget, it's.
Speaker 4: People, it's a plan. So they think that you just thrown out does.
Speaker 3: They don't understand that that two hundred and fifty thousand to go behind it is just not there yeap, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and you still got to recoup that two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 3: But nowadays they don't even they're not even.
Speaker 1: If you not.
Speaker 3: In that top algorithm, you no top ten percent of artists like us like a Drake or Nigga, Like you can't get paid for that two fifty more. They not even they're not even doing that. Wow, they're not putting out they're not getting behind a rap record with that type of money.
Speaker 1: No more. No, it's crazy that when they say that rap wasn't in the top billboard this year.
Speaker 3: I've been seeing that, like how does that happen? And when we are the most influential. But I feel like we influenced the world and everybody took pieces of hip hop, and then certain genres might be even more bigger. I think afro beats is like world music, like them bowld relative, the Latin is huge, you know what I'm saying. But I feel like all those have ingredients and elements of hip hop.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But it's also what you're saying that if the labels ain't pushing it, you're not going to see them in the billboard. I mean, the music isn't out there because you know, the artists aren't making a.
Speaker 1: Great, great music. What it is is to me, I think the labels just got lazy and they want the artist that's already They're looking for people that's like already got They not deping artists no.
Speaker 3: More, no development, development, and all that is over because you know what all of the departments that they had to develop an artist, like let's just say like media training, right, they don't they're not doing that.
Speaker 1: Artists, development, development, none of that right.
Speaker 3: So it's just like you gotta come as is you because it's about the algorithm. So if you don't have the numbers to match what you're doing we ain't fucking with it, and you might pass up on an artist that really got it, because before it was about your talent.
Speaker 4: It was like, damn, this is the next such and such, this is the first such and such, This is this guy?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Whether that was R and B, whether that was wrapping female rappers, young rapper, it didn't matter if you had it, they were They was willing to invest in it and kind of make you a stuff. They're not making out. They're not making them stars a moment at all.
Speaker 1: They because they're stupid. Sorry, record loads, but sorry, but they kind of kind of like you.
Speaker 2: Said, they want turnkey artists.
Speaker 3: The money, right, it's about the money though. It's easier for them to get behind something than it is to spend, you know, a million and a half per artist just to build them up.
Speaker 1: And you know what's crazy with Leo. I spoke to Leo the other day and Leo said, this is still this is still the easiest game to get in right hip hop, because he said, right now you used to have to pay for the album covers, Like right now we could just take a picture. You don't even have to pressure off up the album cover. You remember how much that she used to cause the press c a fucking like, like your budget was done before you. You didn't even drop. You was already in the red right now as you got director consume on, like if you got and you could just hit that button and it's direct That's what Leo are saying. He's like, yo, you know for seasonal artists. Yeah, He's like, it's the best time for us.
Speaker 4: That's the best thing to do right now.
Speaker 3: And I was just having a conversation the other day direct consumer, because if you built up a base, if you got if.
Speaker 4: You got one hundred people that love you.
Speaker 3: A hundred times ten, talk to it going, yeah, you're gone, speak to them, give it to them. They understand because the days of them nurturing artists and making them you know, Mary J. Blige in Leasha Keys, I don't know if we're seeing that.
Speaker 1: No more, you know it. What's the ill shit about doing this podcast is we could actually see the algorithms. Remember back in the days. Sorry sounds like the old guy, remember the back of the day. Sorry it sounds like that, dude, But hey, lucky to be Remember we used to go on tour, and when you go on tour, they will send you on like thirty two states, fifteen of them states didn't matter what were you doing in Kentucky When you ain't selling not won unit in Kentucky and you can't win over the whole fucking state, They're just not fucking with you. Just avoid. It's not no disrespect and no beep to that. But it's like, and nowadays you could actually see you don't have to waste your time. You don't have to go to Milwaukee. If you're not letting Milwaukee you have you can stick with your algorithms to stick with New York is my market, Philly is my market, Delaware is my market, Connecticut, and so on and so on and so forth.
Speaker 4: So that's the good thing about I.
Speaker 1: Think that's the advantage if you know how to do that.
Speaker 3: Right, right the metrics right, because the metrics shows that exactly where right, you know, you may have some impact.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: It also shows your.
Speaker 3: Your age range, uh, your you know what what what you know agenda right, so it shows you a little bit of everything.
Speaker 4: So now you're able to to kind of like go right directly there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. I love that you're still out partying. You used to be every night. I'm still.
Speaker 3: I'm still, I'm still. I haven't retired. I haven't retired. You know, I'm still like a good time. You know, we're not partying aimlessly though we're not.
Speaker 1: We're not.
Speaker 3: Oh man, last time with me and you was here in Miami. I think I told you the story. Me and you.
Speaker 1: We went to.
Speaker 4: Crome on twelve. Okay, okay, we had dinner.
Speaker 1: And I was. I was here.
Speaker 3: I think that was like a Friday night, and and and I was doing ship that I had no busessy, you had nothing another to do this, but I was. I was on one that night.
Speaker 4: I got smoke weed with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, we uh successful exactly.
Speaker 4: And then you know, I was playing around with Miley.
Speaker 1: This is Maley.
Speaker 4: I were back then. I'm just playing around.
Speaker 1: And loving good Miley.
Speaker 3: Story ship I ain't had no business doing.
Speaker 1: Ended up and Bob, yeah, molly on mile Man. You woke up the next morning the rollie was going home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, holy ship, real talk, real talk, real tell that that's great.
Speaker 1: I always I always know the interview of how it's gonna go, by what they order and if they if they come late. As soon as I seen you on the balcony. I said, this man is coming late. You feel in Miami?
Speaker 4: Right, you feel it love Miami. Okay, it was only ten minutes.
Speaker 1: You're usually we got people by that. People do not know that I'm not an artist. I'm like, oh, artists, I'm be like, oh.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm I'm I'm real serious about time. So if I if I'm late, it's because something kind of got in my way a little bit, because I measured time really good and it's important for me, like I tell my son all the time, like you have to be always on time.
Speaker 4: Don't let nobody use that as an excuse.
Speaker 1: Right, So let me like I said, I'm bouncing my ends a little bit. Like a year and a half ago, right, I had said that I wouldn't interview somebody, right, but because of my relationship with other artists, and I said, I said, I just couldn't do it. I have to look at this man and dinners at times with fact, why would I go interview his enemy?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Jamel Hill tweeted me and said I thought me and Jamel Hill was cool, but she tweeted me and she was like, this is why you're not really a journalist. And at first I took it wrong. I wanted to hit back and play motherfucker, but then I thought about it. I was like, you're right, I do have a certain type of loyalty that prevents me from being a full fledged journalist.
Speaker 3: Is that something you feel like, I ain't no journalists at all?
Speaker 4: Journalists?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I am not a journalist, right, I am not one, right, And I don't even want to confuse that. Just because somebody speaks on a mic and maybe you know, do a podcast, you know, may may even affiliate with himself with the radio, that doesn't mean or make you an absolute journalist. I think that's a for the real journalists out there that really that's a professional. That's a profession. They went to school and they you know, and ain't really living that life. That's for them that I ain't that.
Speaker 1: Right, Like like they always give me an example, they say, oh, well, like more reposing them. They interviewed the cuts Klans, And I was just like, you know, like they they'll give me examples like that. I don't want to interview no rapists, like I don't want to, Like I'm sorry, Like I got to mind, Like if I know there's certain things that you said, like a.
Speaker 3: Real true journalist when it comes to journalism, they don't. They don't, they don't draw online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you interviewing if you're white, you can interview fire a card if you if you're black, and if you David.
Speaker 3: Duke's or so you're saying as a as a as nor usual aligne with certain I do.
Speaker 1: I have to man, because I'm not mad at you, like like like like I would be. I would feel bad that someone is sitting in front of me knowing to me and you got a great relationship and then they're shitting on you and then me even trying to stop them because at times like and you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Learn more and more.
Speaker 1: You've been in media for some time since Kitchen Talk, You've been doing this, so I know you've been learning more. But sometimes you are guilty by association.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with that. I feel like that because we we pick our sides. Bro.
Speaker 1: It is what it is like.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something. If me and you getting money, our families know each other. You have you pulled my crib on thanksgiving up? You know, we busting bags together. We have business relationship as well as a working one.
Speaker 4: It's in me to honor that. It ain't in me to with that type of relationship.
Speaker 3: To to to congregate with anybody that that you feel like you got a problem with, that's just not in me.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: That doesn't make me have a problem with the other person, understand, But I don't want to congregate with the people that you don't fuck with because I want to honor that relationship. I think it should be more of that, Like let's jor like niggas. I don't pick sized niggas. What are you talking about? When you don't pick size, the side get.
Speaker 4: Picked for you.
Speaker 1: And if you if you're supposed to be my man, you under some dude's comments like it his ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm judging you, bro, What the fuck? Why would you be liking that? Listen, that's only really started really with some internet ship. And I don't like to always attribute attribute things to the street because I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't been many places since then.
Speaker 3: But like, if you beefing on an and you and he's a serious guy, right, he's already saying hisself, yeah, glory be with Maine on every day. So when I see man, what's.
Speaker 1: Up with him too?
Speaker 4: The side get picked for you.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Nobody's saying maybe he don't got nothing to do with it. People already associate you. You're guilty by the association, my association. So but you gotta if that's the person you fuck with, own it, Yeah, own it. This is I funck with this person, good, bad, indifferent.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. Okay, switching up a little bit. You know you're you're on a national radio station. Yeah, with Angela, Right, and she lives by those rules. Journeys, she's a journey. She can be taken as a journalist. Would there ever be a time where she's interviewing somebody and you're there? Would you not show up? Or how would you handle it with somebody I ain't with you, ain't fucking with all somebody one of your people who ain't fuck with?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just want to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's the right cho But she me and her had had have had conversations where she wouldn't do it certain interviews with certain people's if she really fucked with the person like she honest her friendships, you know what I mean. And it all depends on the people and it and it kind of depends on the problem too.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm about to say.
Speaker 4: It depends on the problem.
Speaker 3: If you're telling me, like I'm saying, now, what's up, bro, like you want you know you're gonna that this You're like, nah, man, I'm not debating it like it is what it is. I'm not I'm not pursuing it neither. But I don't fun with that person and me and you like that. I'm gonna let you have that, like you can.
Speaker 1: See when it's real, and you can see when it's when it's when it's not real. You know what I'm saying, Like it's giving flowers, give flowers, giving people they fly.
Speaker 4: Really know that we're gonna give.
Speaker 1: You your flowers.
Speaker 4: Man, man, this is nice, But I like this.
Speaker 1: Wow, thank you? Yes, absolutely absolutely. So what's your favorite performing or making the record? Making it? Making the record? Yeah, I thought you said performing performing it?
Speaker 3: You know what, Making it is fun because coming up with it, performing it is just like when seeing that have some impact and then people seeing your words. You know what I mean, It's no greater high than that. There's no greater high. And you know what I mean, Holy you bu you know what I meant. Huge records, it's no greater feeling than that, you know. But but when I was making it, I always like, damn, I remember sitting back coming up with these words, you know what I mean. The feeling of of doing that and those words becoming something is like.
Speaker 1: There was even a better feeling. But when you go out and perform that record, like your new record don't work for the first time, but you you performed, that's it, that's happened to be. This is what the they just looked at me, crickets. It was crikeds what they telling me you your record.
Speaker 4: Is number one?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, there's no ways you doubt it too, I won't notice it.
Speaker 1: Six months later I came back to that same stage Or was I so happy I told it?
Speaker 4: It's a different feeling when everybody know your.
Speaker 1: Words, yes and you got all right? Only above for lack of a better term, there's people who listen to that record who probably don't listen to hip hop.
Speaker 4: It's people that transcend.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, it's people that listen to that record that really don't even listen to me.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know.
Speaker 4: That, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You ain't got nobody, don't get me, don't get me together.
Speaker 4: I just got I just I just got some water.
Speaker 1: They got me, they got me, they gave me your water. Yeah, let's go, We're going straight to shots. Okay, wow right, oh wow, So but ahead, let's go. So there's people that listen to that record.
Speaker 3: That while you don't even listen to me because it kind of crossed the street, you know what I mean. So it's like if you if all your songs on across the street, and are they really gonna finish? Like I got a couple of records that it's like a lot of white people, they're like, yeah, man, you know that that fucking it above and remember my name?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: When I was in high school, like that was our song right there.
Speaker 3: So it's just like, man, that feels good. I performed that at bob Mitz Fuss. You said, Bob Mitz Fust and bot Mitz Fast. One of them is for a female, oh ship, one of them is for the male. I think, I think, don't quote me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: I think the bar Mitz Fuss for the for the young boy. I think the bat Mitz foot is for the young girl.
Speaker 4: Weddings. I'm talking about Islamic weddings.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know, uh, Muslim weddings crazy because it was across the street of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Jesus you got a quick time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm in. I'm in. Let's do this, Okay you readily?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm bad.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: This is our drinking game, man, drinking game. We'll give you two choices. Pick one, we're not drinking. If I don't pick it, then we don't pick it.
Speaker 4: We drinking.
Speaker 2: Or if you say both, Okay, you really don't want to.
Speaker 1: Ask, I'm gonna switch up the first one. Go ahead, the first of one. Jay z or Nahs, jay Z Damn, I shouldn't have switched that. I'm trying to get to it. Go back to the original one, okay, jay z.
Speaker 4: Or Caine.
Speaker 3: Damn Caine kind of gave gave us jay Z, but I'm gonna save from the legacy jay Z.
Speaker 1: Okay nas or l L because you were in like that light skin category two brown like nas Okay, that's gonna uncle murder or yeah, y'all uncle murder.
Speaker 4: Okay, Swisser, just blaze.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: Those both of my guys gave me hits.
Speaker 1: Take a shot.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take a shot on that.
Speaker 1: Oh I like this one m P or marb deep.
Speaker 4: Hands down mob Deep and I'm from Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: I love human I expect that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a huge.
Speaker 1: Mark like that.
Speaker 4: You know, none of my guys Yeah those my guys is my guys, like but the mab.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on man, you're doing it's crazy. And let me just say this real quick, because I know it's going to sound like a little curveball is and I know it's going to sound a little curveballersh. But I recently started to know how dope mall deep is. Ive been in the algorithm so long the same.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a huge mab de fan.
Speaker 3: I got it, and I'm grateful that I got a chance to tell Prodigy that. I don't know if you really understood that though, Like I'm really a huge mab deep fan.
Speaker 4: Like that infamous album. Man, that was a whole other level.
Speaker 3: But there I felt like they was really they made me really take a peek inside the Queensbridge, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that was a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rest peace, Prodigy, definitely.
Speaker 4: Podcast, Joe and Jada are a million dollars worth the games.
Speaker 1: Joe and Jada, Joe and Jada definitely got last year's Rookie of the Year, and I believe y'all got this year is coming up. I'mna give you. I'm gonna give you. I'm gonna say that, y'all mad funny Fab. I knew how funny you are. I'm so glad that the world you can see how funny Fab is.
Speaker 4: That is money. Yeah, yeah, such a human.
Speaker 1: And at first, I'm gonna be honest with you because Fab is like one of them jay Z type of dudes that we don't know nothing about because he says a mystique. So I was scared at first. So I was like because because you know, And then I was like, damn, he's doing it right. He's showing his personality. He's laughing.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't have worked with nobody else to work, I had to work with somebody. He was super comfortable, comfortable, real relationship with.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're gonna get into that. We're gonna finish quick time of slot Young Doug or little Baby.
Speaker 4: Oh Man, Dog Okay Vada or Dave East, mister David.
Speaker 1: Fab or Jada Kiss.
Speaker 4: So I'm a home team player, no shot, no fat.
Speaker 1: Okay fat yeah, uh Cam or Mace.
Speaker 4: I always always like Cam a little more, was more gritty. It was more for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely locks or clips locks.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm, Universal or Atlantic Atlantic, Yes, University man, okay, IRV God your Chris Lighty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they both legends. Rest in peace, Rest in peace. I'm gonna drink the both of them.
Speaker 1: Let us go. We're gonna drink them, both of them. That's by the both passed away. Rest in peace. Man, Biggie or Big Point Big you have a met Big.
Speaker 4: Years ago like he wasn't he was?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm too Parc or Easy Park just gonna say easy that was. Yeah, this is one of my favorite questions. You have always doubts me on it, Boot Tang or n w A. Let's drink it.
Speaker 4: Let's do it because they you know what, because I'm.
Speaker 3: Influenced by both.
Speaker 1: I'm influenced by both. Yeah, let's yeah, and they influenced too class separately.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm saying. We got to do the whole shot. You don't have to Yeah, yeah, like you t I or lud said, you're not gonna stop while you listen frightening or Gucci man, I'm gonna get at the Gucci okay that Yeah, it's that influence.
Speaker 1: Okay, Nino Brown or Frank White, Nino was a rat. Yeah he became a rat. Yeah, that's it. That's all. He wasn't throughout the whole movie, the whole movie, throughout the whole movie to the end.
Speaker 4: He sucked up the movie. I wasn't born with it. Smool in my mouth, Hawkins, Right, okay. Premiere Pete Rock premiere mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Sean Pete or o dB oh dB.
Speaker 2: Ob the MTV raps or video music box, video music box pants down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is all that respect. The last question before you get back into the interview. I'm not gonna lead the witness. I was about to, I'm not gonna leave the witness. Loyalty or respect.
Speaker 3: You can't have loyalty if you don't have respect. I always say that there's no like who you're gonna be loyal to if you don't respect it. Let's take a shot for that. This is impossible. So it's respect is the foundation of everything.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I got a lot of inside questions.
Speaker 3: That this is dangerous in the middle of the day. This is a zoom oh oh, yeah, you requested that a little saucy over here real listen, and then you.
Speaker 4: In Miami, so you know you don't go home. You got a problem, you don't go Yeah, it's it. Yeah, I did Height thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: Now you're supposed to be making a Soca album, not an album.
Speaker 2: But you know what.
Speaker 4: I felt like, no playing with When I heard that, I was like, okay, you know what.
Speaker 3: I went the same Thomas and I was riding on the float.
Speaker 1: You got turned out Thomas turned.
Speaker 2: Album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what.
Speaker 3: Happened was the guy on the mic was it was like it was like so many piece thousands of people outside. Have you ever been a carnival?
Speaker 4: Thousands of people outside, and and the guys.
Speaker 3: Like let the ambulance, dude back up, give it spast, give it spast. I was like, man, that sh sound like a hook.
Speaker 4: I was like, I want to go to the studio, and I was like, give it spast. I made a Soca record. Man shout out the fan Yo yo and and bungee galling man.
Speaker 3: I think saved my life, saved my mentality.
Speaker 1: I was used to the tunnel and club speed and people, you know, and there's there's no everyone that's partying. They dancing all night. Like recently, I just went to UHT Christner's comedian party. I not forgot how it feels to be in a party without ice girls, Like nobody was ice growling. I was like, nobody's in here, mad.
Speaker 4: I don't like them.
Speaker 1: Nobody's mad.
Speaker 4: I like the parties and everybody's happy.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. I like those parties like there was nobody man. I was like, yo, I'm not good. I was like, your hip hop has ruined me, bro, Like hip hop has ruined me. Like I'm used to walking in an event a club, if it's a club setting, I'm used to like someone like something happening, something happening, and I didn't experience that. Is that what you're gonna do with the soca?
Speaker 3: I like, I like socas is vibes, Like, but you know what dope As a hip hop artist, we tap into everything, you know, Spanish market, like I've made songs I'm rapping in Spanish right, you know, like it's just culture, bro, Like you know I've worked with Diamond Platinums, you know from Tanzania. You know, he's one of the biggest artists coming out of Africa. So It's just like, I just think that we could do whatever we want to do.
Speaker 1: Do you ever think did you ever think afrobeasts would be here? Like I never knew what it was until I heard it, because you're from Brooklyn, and Brooklyn is heavily reggae heavily you guys, You guys are everybody's like automatically Jamaican.
Speaker 5: If you from Brooklyn, Indian, it was you something you should add in you you you you, you know you from somewhere.
Speaker 3: You know you Jamaican, you you know you're Beijing, you Haitian, you something you know? But no, I mean I think we influenced by that hip hop was influenced. They said cool hurt was what jamake it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's his background.
Speaker 1: Make it. Yeah cool hurk man. Wherever you happen, we want to get I want to. I want to.
Speaker 3: I want to, Yeah, I want to apologize a cool hurt.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I just I just want to apologize the cool Hurt man. I want to do this because I talked about doing on my podcast, but I didn't say the name of who I was talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, what was you saying the reference to?
Speaker 3: I didn't say anything to him. I never disrespected this man. But I did disrespect him, okay, And I want to admit this right here on drink Champs of how I I knocked his scooter down? What I knocked his scooter down? His scooter that he was rotten. I'm back into it, say mistake. Oh okay, the scooter. It's not like you just ran up on cool but but I was so priud that I couldn't pick it up and I left it there. He don't know.
Speaker 1: It's YouTube knows, you know.
Speaker 4: People told me. So I apologize going into the school. It's crazy, man, and I'm sorry man.
Speaker 1: Mother. H Okay, I know we spoke about it briefly, but let's rap about it. Let's rap about it. Let's before we get there. I forgot you had a podcast.
Speaker 4: And you know also you gotta remember you was coaching me years ago.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, so, so how how was it? Because kitchen talk was really mainly you, but you really, let's rap about it. You guys are like really like like the A team A yeah, yeah, so one, how did y'all put that together? And to how do y'all worry not clashing egos?
Speaker 3: That's the thing, okay, in order to in order to have a team effort, you got to lead an ego at home. And we and as rappers and as black men, we all have that because when we have nothing else, all we had was our pride.
Speaker 4: All we had was our ego. You know what I mean, no money, no nothing in our pocket.
Speaker 1: I'm that nigga.
Speaker 4: You know you feel you feel that, right.
Speaker 3: So I think when you're mature enough to say, look, I could still be me and still support you, still gonna be able to support you. It don't diminish me. But that come with maturity though, That come with time. And I think that we got to a space where we built our relationship over years, you know, us working out together, hanging out together, like really trying to really kind of get to know each other, right outside of just music, you develop a relationship. But also is respect. Remember I told you, respect is the foundation of everything. So I don't want I won't disrespect you, my nigga, you know you, my guys, I don't want to disrespect you.
Speaker 4: So so the thing is, that's the only way to to to.
Speaker 3: Kind of diminish the ego is to have that that that level of respect, to understand that you by supporting you, your nigga.
Speaker 4: It doesn't diminish you. It might be a Jim.
Speaker 3: Jones show, it ain't my show, all right, I'm gonna come and support everything ain't got to be about me. And then when I got something going on, then the guys will pull up right and support it right. So it's a it's a give and take though, and I think we're stronger together now.
Speaker 1: And for the first time, it felt like New York unity.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the one thing that you know me as a you know, I live in Miami, but I'm my heart is in New York because I'm always going to be in New York. And I love to see us work together, like sometimes I love to see us even beefing together as long as we like you, you know, because the one thing certain is and you know, I love Jim and I love cam right, and I know it's gonna sound crazy too, but if they were to say to me or to anybody, yo, we set this up, it feels like it because you like, once they beefing, you can't go on Instagram. They own Instagram, both of them they own. You don't never see that. And I'm like, if they actually thought.
Speaker 4: This out, even though I'm sure it's not.
Speaker 3: I know, but when as fans of them, fans of the music, and fans of the of their movement, legacy, the legacy of what they did, we would want them to be like, man, this is just playing. He's just playing, just playing, you know, But nah, yeah, it's real man.
Speaker 1: And I love I love both.
Speaker 4: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: I got to I got to go on tour with them. I got to. I didn't even realize that I knew Cam before him and Jim linked. He said that he had put it on his freestyle. Yeah, with the freestyle of clue ironic when you were just speaking about Clue earlier. And then so yeah, man, I hope I hope them. I hope them. I wish them brothers the best. Yeah, what are you doing something like that? Because do you get involved or do you just like you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't, you can't do nothing about that. You've got to respect that.
Speaker 3: You know, relationships are redefined every day, right, you see what I'm saying. You may start off as a potential op with a nigga and end up as an ally R like I said, almost right. And then we watched Brothers kind of have relationships that deteriorate, and then we don't like to see that because we understand how how important brotherhood is, you know, But when that is happening, you just gotta just step back and just let that be. You know what I mean? Because I'm cool with Cam, you know, and you know, but first time ever heard Cam hm, he was like when it comes to being shot, when it comes to me and Jimmy, I'm like me too, you see what I'm saying, Like they was they was brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that, man, I remember, yeah, I remember. I would never I would never asked me. I'd have never thought this.
Speaker 3: Who I don't think I don't from a hip hop standpoint, and in us being from New York, I don't think anybody would have foreseen something like that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm r. Because it's like for me, I didn't know how to handle it. When Compone and Trash we're going through their ship, you know what I'm saying, Like like like me and Trage had went through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was distney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did disrecords against each other, definitely did yes, yes, definitely, but we squashed it. And when we squashed it, him and Poone had their ship but they had it like it was like between us. So really I understood how bad it could have been if one of them would have republic. You understand I'm trying to say, like, because because public makes it worse. Public makes it worse.
Speaker 3: It makes it worse because now we're planning it out in front of the world to see, you know, and everybody and it and it.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's pressure when you're you're here.
Speaker 3: If we beefing with each other in public, now I gotta especially now I got it because now we get to hear what people thinking and see what they they're talking about. Now I got to deal with the pressure of somebody saying, yo, yourn said, man, yo, you you wanna say something back? You out here looking soft, nigga. And I feel like a lot of people be succumbing to that.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: They might not admit it, but they do comments.
Speaker 1: Get getting on your.
Speaker 4: Ass, Stay up the mother fucking comments.
Speaker 1: Is that a pause?
Speaker 3: And I don't do balls, man.
Speaker 1: I can't an't work from me. So what was what was it was in pickle juice? It was when when you opened up the.
Speaker 4: Relish, that's the jaw of relish. I love relish man that's weird. Look I put relish, you put Relish in the tunes fish but no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is why I was like, I think, man, it's crazy because in the marathon they give you pickle juice. It's Relish and pickles. Yes, their cousins. Right.
Speaker 3: Basically it's shopped up that stuff.
Speaker 4: Really small pieces of pickle.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's the that's the cheek colde to run more. I was like this, you know, I have no idea. I didn't.
Speaker 4: Says the cheat code.
Speaker 1: The juice is the cheat code, like in the twenty first mile my marathon. Yeah, I guess, I don't know. I just didn't make a guy. The guy gave me a pickle.
Speaker 4: I was trolling because I had called academics that jar Relish.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I said, he built like a he built like a jar Relish.
Speaker 3: Ready, yeah, you built like a joh Relaish, You motherfucking yoah Relish.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: So I was just trolling. So I had a joll job that caught that they knew what it was.
Speaker 1: They knew what it was always right to the marathon. Read it my head.
Speaker 4: I was likening with that secret.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Now, I guess when you see me with the jo relis now I'm running, man, Why Like.
Speaker 1: You've been through, you survived the streets. It's about the toughest part. And when I hear you see something like that, like you say, academics, why do you why do you indulge back?
Speaker 3: Sometimes if I indulge with you, it's because I feel like you're worth it.
Speaker 1: You're worth it, Okay, that's that's real.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest, right, it's if I don't say nothing back to you, it's it's like it's you a piece of ship, and it's like it can't be me versus a piece of ship because no matter how, you still a piece of shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Period, Just me versus a piece of shit, right.
Speaker 3: That's not gonna happen. But yeah, with him, it's just he just was saying some things and I said something back, and you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: It's just that our rhythm man.
Speaker 1: Right, Because because I'm the biggest Floyd mather Weather fan. Yeah, and sometimes I get mad, like when Floyd take these exhibitions, because no matter what on that night, no matter who you fight, y'all, on that same level, on the same level you know what I mean. It doesn't matter if you're ten times above.
Speaker 3: So you're right about that. But I feel like a lot of times with the Internet, we're seeing a different time right now, right with the things that go on on YouTube streaming, and we see like these guys building pages. And I ain't talking about academic I'm just saying in general, building pages.
Speaker 4: And their whole theme is.
Speaker 3: To just go at artists and go at rappers and go at notable people and tear them down right. And it doesn't matter if what they're saying is fact you or anything. It's clickbait. We want to build our pages, we want on the minor size. It's content. You see what I'm saying. So sometimes you're like, man, I gotta, I gotta say something back, I gotta.
Speaker 2: That's part of the strategy that you're falling into their clickbait.
Speaker 3: No, because now when you have your own when you got your own program and platform, now it's mine, that's real.
Speaker 4: Now you gotta reverse that.
Speaker 3: Fucking fucking because now what what I'm gonna do, Because I can't beat you at truth, because the lives more entertaining, I can't do with your hand. I can't know how like fighting against ghosts nigga like who like who? And then we can't beat them with integrity because integrity doesn't matter on the internet. Truth and integrity does not matter, you know what I mean. It's all about what's entertaining and and and you know what what like what makes people laugh? And what if I could be saying a relationship to you? But if if your jokes is funny about me, you got it right?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know? And you resually went back to Rightcas Island to talk to the kids. What was that like?
Speaker 3: I tried to do shit on on Recas Islands as much as possible. They actually give me my own program. I got a six week program. I haven't implemented it yet because I'm trying to figure out exactly what I want to do. But my heart will always be for them young boys, because I was that right, I was the young nigga. It's a young thirty four seventy four boy, Okay, she's seventy four.
Speaker 1: That's the youngest.
Speaker 4: Yes, let me tell you, Let me tell one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you I was.
Speaker 3: I went back to CE seventy four to your same cell right. Why I turned eighteen at it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Wow, and it being that's crazy. I was so emotional almost let one go.
Speaker 3: I was like, damn, like it was because when I certainteen, I was in solitary confinement.
Speaker 1: And for those of you know, he's not he's not glorifying, he's goorifying where he's at right now in life. That's why I came. I want to be clear.
Speaker 3: I turned eighteen years old on on Ryka Island in a in a bing in a cell and twenty three hour locked in summertime always thirty year.
Speaker 4: I'm like, man, I want it's just yo. The universe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the universe as well, because that cell happened to be unoccupied.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I walked in there and I just was like trying to just feel what I felt, right like just trying to remember what it felt like to be here, to live here and can't get out and not know what to do with my rage and not nothing to do with all this energy, and I don't know what to do with it, right you see? But yeah, it's so I try to get him. I try to talk to him as much as possible. I try to do as much as as I can when it comes to you know, what they call at risk youth right and ship like that because we was young niggas going to spot shit like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Is there any difference in the mentality that you see now with the youth than when you was in there.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm trying to say this in the right way, like when I looked at when I look at a lot of the young niggas, because I feel like they influenced by so many other things that we wasn't. Our influence was the need to get money by any means. If we got to shoot the shit out of somebody too, we get it. We're gonna do it with respect. We're gonna die for it. A lot of what they doing is based around drug use and shit like that, getting high and pilled up and k tuned up and you know, in jail smolling K two is just it's more of a like a not conscious of what your full activities really is. It's like I didn't really commit to these streets. I just was influenced by them. I did shit not because I felt like doing it or I meant to do it. Everything I said I did everything I did in my life, I meant to do it. I wasn't influenced by drugs. I wasn't influenced by alcohol. I did what I had, what I felt like I had to do. What I see from them is I feel like the influence is like drugs, alcohol, you know, pay pressure, you know, being in gangs and like that. I don't feel like that's a real commitment. I don't feel like this a real commitment to streets. Because you if I say, if I put this ship on my back and say I'm gonna beat this nigga, I'm gonna be it, that's and I'm gonna take everything that they come with. So when I see them, it's just like it's like a look in their eyes that I don't remember seeing when I was a young nigga in the same thing yourself and these kids or I see myself as far as like going through the experience, I feel like when when when when we was there, we were more determined on trying to get something. And then I was in Rata Island when the phones was free. Oh yeah, you know you could wear it clothes, you had jews and you had to fan for yourself. You couldn't hide behind no gang. You had to be who you said you was, right you had to actually perform. You couldn't have been Just so you know what I'm saying. If you was a prisident in jail, reveal who you really are, you could have been to shoot him up. Gang bang nigga jail.
Speaker 1: You just you saw.
Speaker 3: Now we're gonna see who you're taking your hot rocks. Taking your hot rocks, Yeah, taking yours.
Speaker 1: Look at that, look at jail niggas. Understand what I was saying. That exactly what's the next for men? Everything? Man? Because I know you was acting. Acting is cool. You know.
Speaker 3: I like to act, but I like to I like to act in something that I'm producing even more, you see, like doing that as a just like being hired just to act.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't like that hustle. Because I heard you say one time that he was looking to play police officer, Like, yeah, I want to. I want to be you wanted to. Yeah, yeah, I want to. I want to. I want to.
Speaker 4: I want to play a priest in the horror movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait a minute, I wasn't.
Speaker 4: Really I want to. I want to be a.
Speaker 3: Fucking priest in horror movie, like like like like coming here, but they call me when I give it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's possessed and I got to come in there with my ship on.
Speaker 3: Hats the only niggas I got to beat?
Speaker 1: What do we do? Father?
Speaker 4: Hold on, I got you.
Speaker 1: Hold on. Let me just tell you how everything is meant to be so Iced Tea texted me this morning today. Yeah, and he texted me a song. And he made a new song. Guess what the name of his song? Hustle hard? Really wow? Shut out the.
Speaker 4: Super super Dudley.
Speaker 1: How was the hustle Hard movie? We still hard?
Speaker 4: Of course, hustle hard is more. It's not to me and there it's just really life.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 3: What we do when we get up in the morning, hustle off and and and don't stop and don't stop. You haven't lost a step yet.
Speaker 1: I lost a couple of steps, but it's okay. Come outside. I'm outside though a bunch of more.
Speaker 3: You know, just missed a couple of amazing come with the journey, coming to journey, you know what I mean? What's what's the game if you don't miss a couple of shots.
Speaker 4: But the thing is you got to stay in the game again, That's that's the thing.
Speaker 1: And keep that smile, that smile you got to keep smiling.
Speaker 3: A million dollars.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Also one where this was this, this would make me nervous one time. Yeah, where you was like, man, every time I get something new, I'll go.
Speaker 4: To the hood.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, damn, that was because that was me.
Speaker 1: I understood where that was leading. Yeah, but I didn't know if you would have respected my.
Speaker 4: Words, tell me your word.
Speaker 1: No, I would have been like, no, that's not the right thing to do.
Speaker 4: Understood, understood.
Speaker 1: Did you learn it's not the right thing to do or or you still do that?
Speaker 3: I know I don't do that, okay, because it's no, it's no. You can't please niggas like you're too accessible. They say, oh, he ain't nobody.
Speaker 1: That's just man. We always on Gates Avenue is nothing, you know.
Speaker 3: But when I got things new, the first my first Bentley, the first, the first Bentley I ever had was a black coupe.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: The first thing I.
Speaker 3: Did driving from from from you know, Long Island, was go straight to the hood. You wanted niggas to see me in it, not because I wanted to show off, because I felt I thought that this was like motivation that yeah, that happens, and I thought that I was, like, I don't always looked at myself as like motivation, like I like from y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I come from the people, so I am the people.
Speaker 3: I always looked at myself as that, like I'm not above y'all, Like y'all watched me out here suffering and struggling with y'all. Y'all, y'all know my story. Y'all know I was in jail going through it. Y'all know I wasn't, you know, been through all this ship. So it was like the first time I got that, it was just like a let me go right to the.
Speaker 4: Hood, like you saying, this is what we could do.
Speaker 1: You want to be happy for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't know if that always translates, Yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: I had to. I had to.
Speaker 3: I had to had to learn that because I didn't. I didn't actually have people that that I that I might have respected, really giving me no real game in the game.
Speaker 1: Or people with experience. People with experience.
Speaker 3: You need experience because a nigga in the street that never didn't amount to anything can't really tell you right because you know you, like, I ain't respecting shit from you, So nobody really kind of gave me no real a real game, and now I understood. I had to learn the hallway about a lot of ship.
Speaker 1: It's funny because even the crackhead and the hood has great advice. It's just crackhead. You just don't want to.
Speaker 4: Just look, you know, I look at him. That's something that we don't want.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be.
Speaker 3: But he'll still say you some wisdom though, he'll tell you something.
Speaker 1: Experience for the streets to be on them corners.
Speaker 4: All that's a fact.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've been in this game when it's the first time you've been disappointed. And the people of this industry, and I don't mean business, I mean like, because we all come into this with a facade that this guy is this person, this guy this person, and when wet it to meet like I don't want to meet my heroes no more. I heard that I don't want to meet my heroes no more. Bro Like, like, I'm so scared to meet Larry because if he disappoints me. This is one of my God, was there ever a time you wanted to meet somebody and.
Speaker 3: Just was like, Oh, I think that happens often. Yeah, I think we see people from a far and then we have this kind of illusion of who we think they are, the idea of who, and then we see him it's just like, man, he not who I think he was.
Speaker 4: But the real ship is that, the real shit is that.
Speaker 1: In the reverse, that's you too. Yep. People meet you and.
Speaker 3: Be like, Yo, I thought you was just like this angry guy like this fucking just wow, gud, It's like you're really cool, like you're funny, Like I would have never known you, see what I'm saying. So it kind of works in reverse, you know. But I don't have high expectations of people, though I did.
Speaker 1: I did? You know I did? I did?
Speaker 3: He started laughing, like, I know you're talking about I know, justic the fuck he talking about the high.
Speaker 4: Expectations for niggas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this nigga's a fucking.
Speaker 1: I'm talking But I got years of experience though, Yeah, my shit is not just like ten years. I got like twenty five years of like yo, me being skeptical to meet people right, and not only meet them what the fuck? Because you can keep up with an act for a certain time, but that act is going to run out, Like for instance, uh, doctor Dre is exactly who I thought he was, Like he's exactly, Like I got to spend a whole day with.
Speaker 3: Him, go to his his his his house, a milestone man, his.
Speaker 1: Neighborhood, and like he was exact, and that's this is and this is, this is a guy that's a god. So like as a guard, you you like you don't want you don't want to be let down on the round. I came laid a little bit on purpose, just just yeah, just just just for me to be like, you know you you that nigga to he would have told you, I judge people my house, like my like my.
Speaker 3: Dad, anybody, yeah, any any any did not we ever tell you how I stuck the gun in.
Speaker 4: The gun in the house in the club for me, so I was I was the one doing the it's not the gun in the.
Speaker 1: Let me take you tell me. Mano was still fresh up the streets and I'm like, nah, were deep in there and we're good. He's like, yo, norie, I don't go nowhere without the hand and security. I was like, I'll hold it for it.
Speaker 4: And we're sitting there, I'm sitting in the truck.
Speaker 1: I'm like, nah my, nigga, I ain't going.
Speaker 4: To remember that day like yesterday. That's a bad Give it to me. I got to hold it, yes, And I took the grip in there for me, man.
Speaker 1: And and then you feel safe like yeah, And I was like mad, really, but I understand. I understand that New York mentality, bro club, It was definitely you know you understand that the mentality.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: So I asked this question the other day.
Speaker 1: I was just like, it's the streets.
Speaker 4: Is it a physical place or is it in? Is it a mentality?
Speaker 1: What are they calling it? Now? They said the streets is what?
Speaker 3: So I'm asking is it is it? Is the streets a physical place or is it a mentality? Oh?
Speaker 1: I think it's both, man, Yeah, I think we got to get shot to that. Yeah, I think it's both to I think it's both.
Speaker 4: It's both.
Speaker 3: Okay, But if they gentrifyed that same neighborhood, then.
Speaker 2: What then then you win because of mentality?
Speaker 4: Because of me?
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's the thing. Yes, that's real, that's deep. I'm from bed Star right, and that's like the like a heavily gentrified neighborhood.
Speaker 1: They got Starbucks.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, they got even more than that.
Speaker 1: You got a couple of cappuccinos and all happuccinos, white ladies walking with dogs, and humble house and yeah that's down in Whims.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah his next neighbor. Yeah yeah, but yeah it's it's real.
Speaker 1: We got we got you can still go to for Green and get.
Speaker 3: Roll absolutely even in Besting the same block. But you got the ladies walking around their poodles and and and and fucking shipsuit dogs and they they did what those the little sandum.
Speaker 4: Burk and the Burke starts.
Speaker 1: We still don't know if it's good or bad though, right because the crime, yeah, economically is bad.
Speaker 3: If the ownership doesn't right in anamo is there don't better, But it's good for the I guess the crime maybe right. But then we trying to understand what's happening here because it's.
Speaker 4: Like we used to we used to hang out there. So they took the same corners that have a.
Speaker 1: Little aquarium at one point it was a little aquarium, fisher quarium. Yeah, best didn't know the run it over. Yeah yeah, they could be ran over. It was it was like made. It was like made.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the personal Maide, that is like family to me.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: It was on Jefferson Jefferson Hompkins. It was a you know the Johnny pump is well the hydrant.
Speaker 4: The hydrant he made like a little that attached to it.
Speaker 3: Yet no in the water. He made like this, this contraption where it was like real fish in it was.
Speaker 1: The most creative, the most creative ship ever.
Speaker 4: Like and this guy's like family with me, like he made this and it was really nice.
Speaker 3: It was they said, Jadakiss came down and have to fly over the over the world.
Speaker 4: It was real small, but it was.
Speaker 3: It was dope, like gold fishing there, you understand, gold fishing on the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: I was mad as a motherfucker they wrecked. I was like, damn niggas, we can't.
Speaker 4: Have nothing shout out the hall.
Speaker 1: Even know you knew him, I don't even know you said it.
Speaker 4: Look at that like real goldfish, like the little Nemo fishes.
Speaker 1: Do you think you're Brooklyn, your old school Brooklyn? Did you ever think that there's a Brooklyn whatever exists.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think I would make it to this Brooklyn. Wow, i'ma be honest with you. I never looked. I never thought like I'm gonna live to be. I never thought in terms of that, right, but just being hunted with you, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and you even got a main oda yeah noa like in my neighborhood that I brought that that's sucking something like that. It's a major Okay, how did that come about?
Speaker 3: So I was I was doing things for my neighborhood without so called broadcasting, and I was like always doing like coat drives and coming to the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: With Macy's and something like that.
Speaker 3: Right, So Macy's used to give me like sixty thousand dollars for coats. They'd be like forty between forty and sixty thousand dollars worth of coasts every year, and I would take those coats. There was brand new coats, but it was like the inventary and I shout out to Bless because he didn't want to patch me in with that. And what happened was I would take those coats and bring them to my neighborhoods. There was there was like females, young kids and women's coats, and I would give them out mostly like every year, and I would like try to do as much as I could for my for my neighborhood.
Speaker 4: And then I got approached about having a day in my name.
Speaker 3: It's like that was that was That was different because I only thought niggas you had to die to get a day or your name on the streets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta be gone to get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So what what does main old day consist of?
Speaker 4: So mayn o days?
Speaker 3: So when I asked him, I said, listen, you're gonna give me this day. It's going to be like, what is it? I'm trying to understand. It was like the the Brooklyn Borough president, We're gonna give this day to Maino and it's going to be this day of service. And I'm listening to him talk and I'm just like, all right, I know what to do. First thing. First, I want to I want to make the day my mother's birthday. Oh okay, she rest in peace.
Speaker 1: I want to. I want to. I want to have it.
Speaker 3: I want to celebrate her birthday at the same time, but I want to do something for the that wasn't done for us.
Speaker 4: Let me block off two city blocks. Can I do that? I had this vision.
Speaker 3: I was like, I want to block off two city blocks and I want to on one end, I want to have a stage for the local artists.
Speaker 4: On the other end, I want to have all these functions for.
Speaker 3: Kids, rides, bouncy houses, trucks, ice cream, food trusts, all that.
Speaker 4: And in the middle, I.
Speaker 3: Wanted to be festival style, like with like vendors giving away things. I want to sell nothing to the hook, right and my vision. We did that two years, two years in a row.
Speaker 1: We did that.
Speaker 3: It's it's no violence, it's lit. I'm talking about it's huge. Like I was watching, I was like going around looking at what Spike Lee been doing, because Spike Lee does something in bed Start too every year, big block party for do the right thing good.
Speaker 4: So I was like looking at what he was doing. I was like, I see it. So I got two city blocks.
Speaker 3: I'm going for three this year, right, my permit, and really make this it's a festival style. I had mothers come to me and say thank you because I couldn't afford to take my kid to an amusement park. All right, great adventions and ship like that, and you out here bringing rides, you out here doing that, so thank you, you know, and we're giving away book bags, sneakers, shirts, giving I got healthcare out there shout out the Metro Plus coming out there signing people up for healthcare. You know, I just trying to like give back at the same time. You know what I mean, right.
Speaker 1: You you ever thought you would have?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Definitely, definitely not a lie.
Speaker 1: Real Okay, So we've got things for the kids, we got things for the.
Speaker 4: Local artists, things artists families.
Speaker 1: And then where's the after party at scarlets?
Speaker 4: Possibly possibly starlist possibly.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: In a minute, it's always. I mean, I like that, have a good time.
Speaker 1: You like strip clubs?
Speaker 4: A lie? I told you I lost the rolling right I was. It was home to Milly's to.
Speaker 1: You said you ain't you do the extra one? It was a mission in that night.
Speaker 3: Oh I know about the about the I wanted that mission that night.
Speaker 1: You have me different.
Speaker 4: I was like, yo, no, but I lost it. I lost it on the comeback.
Speaker 1: Like I woke up.
Speaker 3: It was gone.
Speaker 4: Like the girl that was the room with me, she was gone, Yeah, she was going. The watch was gone. You know, I learned my lesson. Yeah, you got this.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you take bumps and bruises on the journey.
Speaker 1: For sure. You know we're still here. Say what?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, she was gone, nigga. I woke up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gone one thirty two in the morning.
Speaker 3: I'm going out of here, only gone.
Speaker 1: We've seen you on Love of Hip Hop? Are you actually because did we heard you say you're getting married on the radio? Is this actually? I want to get married?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: I believe you.
Speaker 4: It's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I believe you.
Speaker 3: It's gonna happen. I'm gonna set the date first, though.
Speaker 1: Oh, you ain't even set the date. My information is wrong.
Speaker 3: So last year, last year, you gotta understand what's happening.
Speaker 1: Understand me. Okay, I'm here.
Speaker 4: Last year I set a date or you did set a date for you twenty six?
Speaker 1: Okay. I went.
Speaker 3: To Robbie Suits and picked out a TUXI though. Okay, I went and sat with a wedding planner. Okay, I went to Masa and picked out a ring. I did all this before I even had a wedding or like a like a like a like a.
Speaker 1: Bride to be.
Speaker 4: Damn, I did that first, and that's how I want to do it.
Speaker 3: I'm a I'm a You're gonna set up the party and then bring I'm gonna set it up and then all she got to do is show up. Yeah, i'na ma, I'm gonna make my life, not just anybody. I'm gonna make my life easier. And if need be, I'll have what what what the bridesmaids already there for you.
Speaker 1: You got pre picked base.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never heard all my own girls.
Speaker 1: This might be. This might be the most genius ship I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Keep yeah, yeah, this is this is a reality show myself. He sounds nothing is impossible. My brother believe that, trust me. So he could be the person that marries you guys. Yeah, you appreciate We're.
Speaker 4: Gonna get preaching in his mind? Who else is the preacher?
Speaker 1: You get to do it?
Speaker 4: Who else?
Speaker 1: I feel like ray j is a preacher too. Mace may definitely can do it. And we got one more daddy Yankee. I think, oh yeah, she's a preacher. I just think Christian. Just roll with it, man, if you're a Christian, you appreciate it. Just roll with it.
Speaker 4: Christian appreachier.
Speaker 1: You can do it. You've got the good book. You can do it straight up, if you believe you can do it. So, oh man, that's who I was looking for now. He's yes, if you.
Speaker 4: If you believe in the law. You can preach he married a preacher.
Speaker 1: No, he married pusher married he.
Speaker 4: He got he married.
Speaker 1: Got just sounded crazy at my at my wedding, I'm appreciately gonna fly fly down. Oh like.
Speaker 5: So like.
Speaker 2: That man.
Speaker 1: Character, you're gonna fly down with Louis Vuitton on and all that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I need one of them niggas.
Speaker 1: So you really got a wedding plan.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna replant it because I didn't make it this July twenty six, that was last year. So I'm announce a new date for this year.
Speaker 1: But you have a woman? Correct?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, he's announcing the show without there's no woman. Okay.
Speaker 1: So because I heard they say, like, that's what they say, and that's why they say at the weddings, and this this woman because it could be anybody, like or they say this loyal methic man because they have to tuxtedos for anybody to go in there. Like I never heard of this, Like how you.
Speaker 4: This is different.
Speaker 1: It's different. It's different. This is different. Who will be your best man at your wedding?
Speaker 4: I'll have a couple, a couple, a few best men.
Speaker 1: We have some rappers and regulars. Let's name.
Speaker 4: We gotta do ship out of the box.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: We can't do the same thing over and over.
Speaker 3: Man. So I have a two A couple of homies.
Speaker 4: Lobby boys. Yeah, lobby boys.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 4: Let's drink to that drink that Okay, definitely it would be fab Okay, Jim, okay, okay, yep?
Speaker 1: Why not? Guy? What what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What Uncle Murder make your wedding party? Uncle Murder?
Speaker 4: I love Uncle Murder.
Speaker 1: No no no no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 4: I love Uncle Murder.
Speaker 1: Many.
Speaker 4: I love Uncle Murder.
Speaker 3: That's my brother. I love home mur We started this ship together. Restect that we started this ship together. Like it it's main o Uncle Murder records that go all the way back.
Speaker 4: To two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: Wow, it was main old Uncle Murder. Oppon and Noriega pound like yellow tape is classic, you know what I mean? But I just think, you know, circumstances and time. I don't want I don't want to say redefine our relationship because I still feel like because me and that we never even had an argument.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 4: I still feel like the respect is there. But you know, he with fifty and you understand what being with fifty.
Speaker 3: He requires loyalty, he requires a like the sense of loyalsy like nigga, you bet not. But you know he is different. You know at this point right now, we I don't think what we got with fifty is serious. I think that that's just for him. It's definitely. I think he's somewhere like laughing at the same time fifty when he like throwing little shots at niggas or whatever. Yeah, but I think for murder.
Speaker 5: His this is what.
Speaker 1: Changed his life and that has to be respected. So it is what it is.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I respect that. I hope I hope y'all get it together to like no, no, we don't have no no. I love y'all together. Like if there's another album that could be made, y'all say, yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: I would like to hear it, bro, But I don't know if that I don't know in the climate if that could actually happen. You know what I mean. If we talked about loyalty, and we talked about picking our sides, and it's understandable when size are picked. I don't have no problem with the nigga that picked his side. I understand that I respect it, you see what I'm saying. And I had a relationship with fifty.
Speaker 1: We were super cool because he has something to do with putting you on as well.
Speaker 3: Right, absolutely, absolutely, I was signed online. I was signing a university. We talked about that.
Speaker 1: We talked about that. The universalis dropped me. I was back in the hook, back in the hood.
Speaker 3: I was at Ryo House on mon Road between No Shit and Massy and his basement, recording records.
Speaker 4: In the hood.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure it out. Fifty at that point had a relationship with my brother eighty eighty called me and said, look, I'm up here. I'm in I'm in fifty office with him right now. We're kicking it. Next thing, you know, and within an hour, I'm getting phone calls from Atlanta. Yo, you got a meeting. Yeah, they called me from Atlantic, got a meeting. They want me up at Atlantic. What happened was Fifty asked him to say, Yo, what y'all doing? Like you know what I mean, He's like, you know, we were talking to Atlantic because I had at that point, once I got dropped to the Universe from University, we was in.
Speaker 1: Talks with Atlantic. Yeah, but you know how them talk. So and let me ask you what regime is that in the land. Is that Craig Cowman, Is that Julie greenwalk like or that's just it's Craig Cawman. But all those people together, okay, okay together the old depth jam coming over?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, seven okay. Fifty said to my brother a, Yo, you want me to call over there? Yeah, they talking, but they act like they won't do something and did it yet?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: They called over there.
Speaker 4: And tell them? Yo, let me speak to Craig. Get Craig on the phone.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: Look what you're doing with manow Yeah you know we're talking. Listen if you if I could do it, I would do it. He's got their movement. Yeah, that's the niggas.
Speaker 4: Hung their phone up.
Speaker 3: There was on my line. By the time they hung their phone up, I was I was getting called into a meeting. That's how powerful he was influence you.
Speaker 1: He was so for me.
Speaker 4: I always had a when it came to that.
Speaker 3: That's real, right, I'm a nigga that I ain't. I don't never forget that type of shit now, mind you, Right, I got people upset about the relationship that me and him building at that time. At that time, my son his mother, right, his mother is upset about that because her brother is the person.
Speaker 1: That they blamed for shooting him. Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, So when you talk about Homo, that's my son's uncle. My son's name Zaine Daryl Coleman. Darl was his name.
Speaker 1: I never met him though, so I didn't. I didn't feel the.
Speaker 3: Like a like a like a connection to that. Like I just felt like that was the circumstances. And you know, and out of respect, I get it that that's the family, you know what I mean. But the relationship that me and him was building, you know, I was it was like what, like, nigga, you helped me? So I never I never forgot that, you see what I'm saying, Like that was something that I always kept with me like this nigga that and I never and that's all you got to do for a nigga like me. I'm not I'm not asking for no song, I'm not asking for nothing else that you did enough, you know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so, and even still.
Speaker 3: With the relationship that me and him was building at that time, I still was hearing shit like oh how could you you know, be it you know, fuck with somebody that you know, your your son's family and I didn't you know, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Get it, but you know what it was, what it was, that's a crazy connection, man, right.
Speaker 1: And then what did T I have to do? I know we spoke about it earlier. What did T I have to do at the beginning of your career?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 1: What did he come in in Atlantic? Chip?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chip was definitely helpful. Chip wanted to sign me the Grand Hustle. That didn't actually work out, So I never fully signed the Grand Hustle, but I was that was.
Speaker 1: The time they had the big dude but on country can yeah.
Speaker 4: Country shout out the country can Country can Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I never I never signed to Groundhustle. We talked about it. We were trying to figure out what that was. Because what happened was Atlantic was signing me direct, you know, And sometimes I think like, maybe, like if you were have did it T I didn't had to be through him, And you're saying.
Speaker 4: Right, right, they were signing me direct.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was a better bet. I'm trying to say, like, it's not it's not it's not. No, it was no, it was no cut, it was no cutting. It was us.
Speaker 4: It was hustle hard directly with the line.
Speaker 1: Right now, you you recently had a picture with Jay right and it looked like you was relieved for some reason. It looked like he was like, yo, man, I follow you. I felt like, this is me speculating. I felt like you had to tell him something at that very moment. And after that moment was the picture. Now I'm speculating.
Speaker 4: But told me he watched the show. This is when Kitchen Talk was out.
Speaker 1: Okay. I was surprised about that, right, I was. He watches everything.
Speaker 3: I was super surprised. M So that's that what that moment was like he was telling me, oh, man, I watched the show. Like I'm like, what you watched everything?
Speaker 1: You watched me?
Speaker 7: Nigga?
Speaker 4: You know, I mean this is a whole you know, we we we look at hold with a certain lens.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: But what happened?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Why was the even of discrepancy? Did you wasn't It wasn't just rumors? What did you say about hole?
Speaker 3: You gotta know that when I came in a game, I came in a game with a lot.
Speaker 1: Of like yeah, like still the wool lines like you want somebody to say whoo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like talking crazy, you know, saying ship that not having somebody school me to the game.
Speaker 1: You see, the thing is.
Speaker 3: My perception the game was at that point was getting out of prison. I'm telling my niggas, Yo, we really who we say we are, We really involved with the ship that were involved with these.
Speaker 1: Niggas is just acting. We can be that we can we can we can show the world.
Speaker 3: And I had this perception of like we're gonna show them, We're gonna out tough these niggas and out real them, right, like show the world like they not who they are and we're the genuine article. And that was that was the the most primitive thought ever because it's really dumb.
Speaker 1: Do you think if that line would nick came out, you guys would embrace each other. Which line like I couldn't saying you like taking a shot at jail or whatever.
Speaker 3: Because I said mad Ship, Okay, I said ship about Jim Jones the whole song wollams Her j was a scary dude and all this ship like we're talking about Like I literally went to Massie and ship. They was like, yo, he don't come to Massie And I'm listening to this dumb ship. He don't come to Massie.
Speaker 2: You know, we said that's equivalent to the fifties rock Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, which which kind of inspired me, right of course, let's keep it real, and.
Speaker 1: Which is inspired by Biggie's sucking the R and B bit.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, But he was just talking about R and B and I'm just talking about the.
Speaker 2: So so.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, Ship, I'm shooting videos because what what we're trying to do. We're trying to get attention, right, right, So they would call that trolling now right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I seen a nigga say, yo, man, no, you came into game trolling while you mad at.
Speaker 1: Me somebody else. I said, you're right, somebody else trolling you. So were you admitted to it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because you know what, because when you when you feel like there's no other options, you do what you feel like.
Speaker 4: You got to survival.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My very first record, l A l A's just arguably one of the biggest.
Speaker 1: L one of the true we're just supposed to agree like that, but arguably one of the very first troll records because we had never even been to l A. Like we we ain't leave Jamaica Avenue let alone Jamaica like we were. We didn't even know what l A smelled like, been on.
Speaker 4: The planet for twenty five years, like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: So we made l A and we never even knew a kind of like we were talking about and I tell you this, I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you this, but you didn't go hard.
Speaker 1: We didn't because it's the hook. But I'm agreeing with him. I'm saying like that was that, that was that attention, like real quick, and we got it real quick, and the New York big had our back.
Speaker 3: When you feel like you ain't got no other options, well hold up.
Speaker 4: Sorry to country, but Tim Dogs the first fu content. Oh ship, that's the fun.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Shout him.
Speaker 3: Got Tim dog rest. Yeah he died, Tim Dogg died, did Yeah. I gotta stop the ship, y'all going back there. You gotta be honest, you just.
Speaker 4: We're gonna.
Speaker 1: John think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tim Doll died. Oh see, this is how fucked up our world is.
Speaker 2: Someone knows the fact out. I agree with the fact that someone said, no, that's not a fact, and we all fucked us in real life.
Speaker 3: Was really fucked up is that we didn't know he passed. Yeah, I remember when God bless him.
Speaker 1: As crazy as I was doing mad restart showing you right, and I went online, I've seen an interview from you from six years ago. Interview for you six years ago. It was envy was y'all was playing around, but it was like he kind of kept bringing up like street share, street street ship. But I'm not gonna say that that part. The part that intrigued me was like, you start talking about Nipsey Hustle, and I believe your words was man that if that shit could happen to Nipsey Hustle, Uh, it could happen. You know, do you think that was a mistake for Nipsey going back to the hood?
Speaker 4: Is was it a mistake for him to be back?
Speaker 1: I mean for him to be invested in the hood like that now just wanted It's like like you just said, right, you said you gave coach back to the hood.
Speaker 3: You got this main old day, like, but I still go do things though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know I know that I'm asking this particular because you know, we actually got a run with Nipsey Hustle's brother, Black Sam and Marathon. I'm doing it February twenty first in LA You know, what I'm saying, and this is something I'm asking you as a as as a as a as an East Coaster, as a federal legend, do you think that that was a mistake for Nipsey invested into the hood? What I mean by investing, I mean his time and I mean the actual star like having it there.
Speaker 3: We only will say that in hindsight, mm hmm. We only we only will say that because of what happened. If had that not happened, we would be like, yo, he a real nigga.
Speaker 4: We would salute him for what he's doing. We would commend him for that.
Speaker 3: You know, we will be like, yo, he's he's in the community, he's giving back to the community. He cares about the community. So I don't I can't say that that was a mistake. I feel like that that was a that was an incident that reminds you that what could happen because it's accessible, right when you're so accessible and the mentality of of of the hood, you know, can you.
Speaker 4: Can you blame the community? Straight up?
Speaker 2: I think that you can possibly happen if he invested somewhere else, the will it'll.
Speaker 3: Follow you any We can't blame the community, especially because generally speaking, he was loved.
Speaker 4: Right, generally speaking, I'm loved in my community.
Speaker 1: Like so the issue could go anywhere, but you have you got that one person.
Speaker 4: You got those one those two people that.
Speaker 3: So upset with their lives, so upset with the what they see in the mirror, that they hate you more than they hate their situation. Right, they would, they they would spend more time, you know, on on on how to you off, then put energy into fixing that situation.
Speaker 2: But my question is this, if had he done the same thing in Santa Monica and then and people knew he was there daily, might not.
Speaker 1: The same thing?
Speaker 3: Right, Right, what you're saying is right, anything happened anywhere, you can't blame you can't blanket blame their community as a whole, because when it.
Speaker 1: Goes back to what we said earlier, cut you off. But the streets is.
Speaker 3: Because the most let's think about the streets, Let's think about our ghettos. The majority of our ghettos are filled with working class families that that don't adhere to street rules. Those mothers, those fathers that get up so right right and to work, get on the train, get on the bus to.
Speaker 4: Go to work, right, they got kids.
Speaker 3: They not part of the streets. The streets is a small community of people that come from there, right, that kind of delve into a certain lifestyle. Everybody that's from your project, So your block wasn't into the shit that.
Speaker 1: You was doing.
Speaker 3: It was a small portion of people. When you think about the largest scheme of things, everybody is not like, come on, think about your building. How many people in your building really was selling drugs?
Speaker 4: Not even half.
Speaker 3: How many people in your building was really shooting shit, not even half, not even half everybody. You know, drugs affected a lot of our families, but everybody didn't fall victim.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: You get older, you understart to understand that it's a little of the mentality.
Speaker 1: When I was younger, I used to go to church in forty projects, right, and I used to meet with these women. I mean, like you know, the churchwoman, a church woman, and they used to go back to forty projects. They never knew they lived in the hood at all, right, people carrying their bags, like you know, they grocery bags. So these ladies was like they never.
Speaker 3: Looked at it, like they were in understanding. Because when you don't have anything to measure it against. Yeah, you don't have nothing to compare it to. If you lived in dark all this time and never seeing light, you would figure out how to make the best of the dark.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't have nothing to compare it to.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't be like, oh my god, it's light.
Speaker 3: You don't know light.
Speaker 4: All you know is the dog.
Speaker 3: So the pain that comes from being in an impolished neighborhood doesn't start to feel like pain unless you have something something to compare it to.
Speaker 1: Let's go to a couple of your records. Let's go through some more.
Speaker 2: Damn that did look good, bro, looked crazy. I pictured some little last day.
Speaker 1: This was, Yeah, I was happy. People are flying in for all over there.
Speaker 4: That was It was like a wait, so how did it get destroyed?
Speaker 1: I think someone backed up into it, like May Odd with cool herks.
Speaker 4: That I minished something that I never admitted.
Speaker 1: You have to figure do you do work on drink Chat? And I hope you come and you got to get him a new school and all man, okay, you're gonna remember my name. Yeah, gotta be one of your hardest. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had like fighters that come out to that make me remember money, Damn.
Speaker 1: I ain't thinking of that. That is a fighting song. Yeah, we gotta put that on a run camp ship. Yeah yeah, yeah inspiration. So where was you that men? Mentally?
Speaker 4: First album?
Speaker 1: Man, you know, I'm not not glazing you, but let me let you know how hard your first album is. I was high when I downloaded it. I downloaded the clean version and never knew, like, just kept playing and then I played it like in a barber somewhere and it's like, you know, you got the clean version. I was like, I didn't even know. That's how hard. I was so satisfied. I was very very from where you come. And then listening to that, that was That's one of a perfect album.
Speaker 3: First album was with they say, you spend your lifetime making your first album, as they say, because you're talking about your truth, your energy, your life and all that, your childhood, you know, turning into an adult, whatever you've been through in that time. And then you make your first album and after that everything else else. After that you're trying to figure it out, like a crack the first high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they keep chasing. That's absolute, absolutely yeah. So so remember my name, what's your mentality? Where you at what studio you.
Speaker 3: At I'm in, I'm in, I mean blast off studio. That sounds like a pause.
Speaker 1: That doesn't sounds like a pause, but it sounds.
Speaker 4: Like blast off studios.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't want to ask.
Speaker 4: That's at yeah Times Square.
Speaker 3: You know, and and you know it's at that at that point, like I felt like I had to point to pool musically, like I'm trying to come with the streets shipped and energy pains, you know what I mean, and and and but trying to paint a picture, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh Now, in the Tupac movie, Tupac movie, you play the names that kid Tupac. Yeah, yeah, weird, like when you go on the West Coast, Like.
Speaker 4: You know, how many people I don't funk with you? As you shot too?
Speaker 1: I'm like, is a movie? Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: People was mad behind that shot, you know, like, I really don't Did you shoot him?
Speaker 1: On you? I shot him in the movie?
Speaker 4: Sounds crazy? I did shoot him in the movie. Yeah, I shot too, Yeah, so I shot Come on, man, I'm crazy.
Speaker 1: I shot to B in the movie.
Speaker 4: In the movie.
Speaker 1: But your pause is wild, all right, Hold hold on.
Speaker 4: I shot to pop shot in the movie. I shot too in the movie shot. It was the movie though.
Speaker 1: I always wanted to ask you that because, like Park is not a regular dude like now you have. If you're a Park fan, you're like a Trump supporter. Yeah, get you away hard, yeah, die hard.
Speaker 3: Yes, fanatic niggas in my comments, Listen, I stopped working with you ever since I seen you shoot Tupac. What you what You can't even be mad at that? It's like, yeah, you do know it was just a light wee. You couldn't when the movie came out. You know, I just had a little part, right.
Speaker 1: You think this is a rat video? You think this is a rat video.
Speaker 4: We told you, nigga, to let it down, right.
Speaker 3: I rented a whole movie theater, oh theater, whole theater, like the whole the whole room, like seventy two hundred whatever. The sease was rented it out, you know what I mean, just for that part. You know, had the whole boss set up like it was crazy, you know, go, yeah, we had to overdo it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. The problem with that, that's not it's not a problem with that scene, but that scene is it's real good dudes, this is Brooklyn, dudes in there was you ever skeptical.
Speaker 4: Studio shooting that?
Speaker 1: Yes, what shooting? You thought?
Speaker 4: In my mind right now, they never depicted that. They never depicted what that looked like.
Speaker 1: Right, So all right, because obviously Bennie Boom is.
Speaker 4: The director out to Benny Boom, Bennie Boom is.
Speaker 1: Actually a New York director, received slack off top from everyone. I'm saying, oh, man, yeah, I think he's from Brooklyn, right, I believe he is. And then he actually hires real Brooklyn dudes to play the bad Brooklyn guy roll like did you read that, and be like, wait a minute, yeah.
Speaker 4: How this happened?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 3: I was in the zone. I was in the zone so hard that the nigga that looked like the nigga play like that played it pop.
Speaker 4: I was asking him, was he okay, am I hurting you, my nigga?
Speaker 3: Because Boom told me to just be your natural self. I was in that position and I was losing it. The ship that I'm saying, you go back and listen to that movie. Everything that I'm saying in that movie, none of it was in the script.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry you think this is a rap video, nigga? You know what happened to rappers that think this is a fucking video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was crazy, Like it was crazy. I was.
Speaker 3: I was someone else and I remember like, like, you're okay, bro, because I was. I felt like I was a method actor.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: I was on a set with the with the grip the whole time, like he was ready.
Speaker 1: For those of that don't know what the method actor is as a person who stays in character the whole yea, they go on the set, not break character. They tell you if his if his name was Matt Joy, they say, you got to call him, you got to call him the character. Character.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Act For those that don't know, And so now you went to the movie the that this comes out, what is the reaction besides these guys on Twitter like is this?
Speaker 4: Like, I mean, people gonna let assume my come Like.
Speaker 3: My mom's mad. She resid sitting right next to me in front of the movie even though it's ultra violet. You know what I mean, You know your mom's gonna root for you regardless.
Speaker 1: I bet my mom to the movie there that when I was smashing in the movie, I forgot Christmas.
Speaker 4: I was mad.
Speaker 1: I was mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, for good, I.
Speaker 1: Got this smart and I'm gonna looking and my mom's like the whole movie the same way.
Speaker 3: But so.
Speaker 1: I know we spoke about it earlier with the acting, But is that something and I know you said you like producing more? Yeah, but is that something you're gonna you would.
Speaker 3: Like to pursue acting or they want to produce?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know about about you definitely right.
Speaker 4: Don't want to step outside of you as a.
Speaker 3: Step outside of what people think they generally know about me, think you know, just going or like the gangster role.
Speaker 4: You know, the acting is like it's a lot of work mm hmm, and it takes up a lot of time.
Speaker 1: So it's like I.
Speaker 3: Want to be involved with the think tank. Let's figure out this movie. Let's you know, let's sit down, let's write it out. Got how to produce, Let's figure ou how to get it funded. I'm I'm more or less in that space than it is to me just pursuing acting, me getting an Asian and just going, you know, reading for roles. I don't want to just do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, agent Asian, I think you're going to get an Asian.
Speaker 3: I want to get Asian for that, definitely, not for that asient.
Speaker 1: Didn't you have a show called Star Tenders.
Speaker 3: Or I did it.
Speaker 4: I did a documentary like a.
Speaker 1: Porn it's like about the something against.
Speaker 4: Something against porn.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it was like about the bartender.
Speaker 4: That's a question, you know, like p I'm good the poor capital of the world, all right, cool Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah they don't. They blocked you porn.
Speaker 2: Everybody here work for a porn company and one point or at least my only fans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so so so the documentary so that I did a documentary is called.
Speaker 3: A dill out of Time, a doll out of time, and it's it's about the strip club culture in New York City or how people coming to the strip clubs in New York City. They ain't coming to see the dancer. They come to see the bartender.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's all little secret though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was it's about that I share. It's about how like I produced that. Okay, shout out to my man Jay J. Rober Rodriguez because he's, you know, mastermind that with me, people come to the strip club in New York to see the popping star tender or bartender or whatever. Our city is a little bit different. They're not coming really so much for the dancers. It's about that lit bartender.
Speaker 1: What makes her lit?
Speaker 4: Though the following what I'm saying is that the drinks.
Speaker 3: It's her, it's her, it's her, it's You got lit bartenders in New York City that people, It's like they have a certain order about themselves.
Speaker 1: That people. Yeah, it's a real thing. It's a real thing.
Speaker 3: When you think about Starlet's Starlis is a a is a pretty well known strip club worldwide. You got you got people that come to Starlets from across the world. They come to New York and they say, oh, we want to see Tom Square and you know what else we want to see starlets?
Speaker 4: Damn and you you know what made Stalus apartment.
Speaker 3: It's not not the dancer. It was always the bartender. It was always and only about the bartenders when it came to that. So that was what the documentary is about, is about that culture.
Speaker 1: It's different in Miami. You don't give as New York, nowhere.
Speaker 3: Else, nowhere else on this planet as a bartender that revered. Wow, I didn't notice that that is that is strictly it's specifically a New York thing.
Speaker 2: I wonder how that deployment works, like how they trade off those contracts.
Speaker 4: Oh, look at bag girls? Yeah that was I shot that in Detroit.
Speaker 1: Let me see the bag girls. Yeah? So all right, who got the better strip clubs? Miami or New York? What? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What that inform makes you? Just like Miami? You're seeing pussy like that wasn't like what you get shut away from it. I forgot that part.
Speaker 4: Like you're singing like it's it's real. You can't really compare it.
Speaker 1: I think. I think, guess why the bartenders are more famous.
Speaker 2: We got great partenders down here too.
Speaker 4: Bro, what you're all talking about?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure that I think the New York thing. I think I think the New York thing. I think it's the mystique of them. I think it's the low of them. I think it's the fantasy of them because you see them on Instagram, of the bars you think you think of, like Burnice Burgos.
Speaker 1: You heard her, Yeah, makes to make like a million almost a year. Where is she come from? She comes from Stallus. Damn, I ain't know that.
Speaker 4: That's how you know her?
Speaker 3: She she created a brand that started in Stallus and then she was smart enough to build on that brand. But she worked in Starless for I think two years and made a name for herself. That's how popular these girls get in New York City strip club.
Speaker 2: All Right, So a person coming saying they kind of like strippers too in a sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they pretty much.
Speaker 4: The same strippers. They look like stripper.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So a person just coming to New York and they want to have a good time. What strip clubs? They frequent starts. We already know that, we.
Speaker 3: Already know Styllis. But the quietly the best strip club in New York. And no, damn, you gotta come home, you gotta come home soon. Ain't been around for fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Out of the games, out h River, Yarra's River.
Speaker 3: It's quietly been the best strip club this whole time. They don't do no promotions, they don't do no artists, they don't give who you is. You ain't coming, you gotta take your hat off. Quietly they've been the best.
Speaker 1: And and it's late night.
Speaker 4: They probably don't close about nine o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Of course, Queen, I want you to say that every day. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know how.
Speaker 4: Definitely Little.
Speaker 1: Yeah's name of the top five we got starlets?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we ever name three more sugar Daddy, I ain't been a sugar that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: Where is that Queen's Everything Queen dream?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: No, where's that?
Speaker 4: That's not way too that's all? And like everything is in the l I c Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I been to that one long.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Every everything is kind of like in that area. Okay, you know, and what else I want to say? Dream? Okay, dream right some Queens Boulevard?
Speaker 1: Okay, uh uh?
Speaker 4: Perfection?
Speaker 1: Which one of your niggas said that?
Speaker 4: Which one take from you said? Perfection? Perfection ain't been my nigga. Damn, your niggas ain't been in New York.
Speaker 1: Your niggas ain't been.
Speaker 4: I see this is crazy. Miami living is good.
Speaker 1: What was that strip club that was next to the block, like booth go, no, not go to the lady. I'm waiting to go to the lady with case slid yeh was ten deep and we got to talk about that. But no, I'm talking about on the same block. It was on the on the on them like not Sin City they have. I'm looking for I'm out of the loops. The Bronx used to be the king at the strip clubs when I and like that's what Sue was.
Speaker 3: Sus was up there like yeah, yeah, that was a different time.
Speaker 1: That was a different time.
Speaker 3: That was before the influence of the South. Okay, and with the influence of the South, but the music, the culture change. So the strip clubs that we got now is not light those Okay, it's different, even though we have our own version of it.
Speaker 1: It's not like that.
Speaker 3: It's not like Golden Lady or Sin City and none of that. It's like bartender driven. You know, it's heavy, you know, heavy b b L right, you know, and it's you know, it's it's heavy.
Speaker 1: Queens that means BBL means like but you know what bb Come on, let's take a shot. Shot you think I'm I'm gonna take a shot. Yeah, Oh okay, okay, not to kill her, but let's talk about you drinking tequilla? Are you a tequilla drinker? Is that your go to drink? Like you're going to start this it's that night of river ere you go in order to kill her, because to kill us, they said to kill you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I think tequila is the hot drink.
Speaker 4: It's very healthy, you know. Yeah, I feel like it's the hot drinks.
Speaker 3: Everybody's doing it, like in nineteen forty two Don Julio Riversido or Classia Zoo, like it's the thing to do.
Speaker 4: I think it's it's it's it's like a fatt it's cool.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's what I don't know why. Yeah, they say it's a gove is that?
Speaker 7: Is that what?
Speaker 1: I didn't know?
Speaker 4: Health benefit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well well no te quilla is I know drink.
Speaker 4: I drink it straight though.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'm saying chase up. Yeah. So they say no alcohol is good, but the clean, the clean, cleanest alcohol is to killer. Really they said, yeah, oh, I thought it was vodka.
Speaker 4: Number three said that.
Speaker 2: They used to say that.
Speaker 1: I believe it was to Believe red wine. Really, so I can't have this.
Speaker 4: Number one is tequila. That's about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a professional because I heard ka before. Noo is like number three, trust me, that was my joint. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah wow. So you're not on that organic ship organic what like organic?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Because people would be like I'm organic, just like that organic. Yeah, you don't know. That's what. I didn't even know. I even heard that.
Speaker 4: That's Miami ship even though no, I went to l A recently.
Speaker 1: Damn, who the hell is with me? Ship? They had a whole what they had a whole side of the place where we went to with no alcohol tails.
Speaker 2: And you said he was coming at me when I said.
Speaker 1: That, because they wasn't calling that. Okay, drinking joy mine right now, I'm on that. I'm on that wine, Julio wine wine. I'm on that wine. But I'm a I'm a hubigie drinker.
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the Japanese whiskey. It's it's for the it's for the you know, if you want, if you want more hair on your chest, this is what we go with. Right But then, and I like, Champagne, Champaga. You know, Spade is the best, you know, in the case we didn't, we didn't get to that. You know, you know, we drink the Spade over here, the best in the world. Champagne. Who is your favorite new artist?
Speaker 4: New artists?
Speaker 1: I like, who's a new artist right now? We've got a bunch of them, And uh, what's my man? Cash Cobain's Uh oh, this little ship is still new. Okay, well it changed every day.
Speaker 3: Man, all right, what's considered new.
Speaker 4: He's been in the game a year or less, a year.
Speaker 1: Or maybe late. Yeah, damn busting out my socking. Anybody said that gave permission for that? You think you did. I was talking about choking wine. Bro, I'm good, I'm good, good, go ahead. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I like I funk with I funk with the music.
Speaker 1: That's that.
Speaker 2: I just like.
Speaker 3: I'm a big Young Blue fan, and I want every time I say that.
Speaker 1: People be like, what I love young Blue, Young Blue? Yeah, yeah, young Blue. I got a track with this nigga, right, I called him, Yeah, I called him blue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you didn't know what's fun?
Speaker 1: It's blue.
Speaker 4: Let's do a shot of that and we love killed me.
Speaker 1: That was crazy us. Okay, God comes down Earth guy, he goes see you, and he said, man, no, you get to make one track, and you get any feature in the world, and you get any producer in the world to produce that beat. Who is main o? And this is a two part question because we know you're gonna go big, so one dad and then one ship you got you gotta Yeah, you got a two part question. So it's two parts. One is you can you can go with the dad, and then the other is the alive feature.
Speaker 4: If I go dead, then I need poking big damn.
Speaker 1: I've never heard nobody say that that was That was a slick one. I'm gonna take out of that.
Speaker 4: Let's do that.
Speaker 1: You got me on that one. Now are people who arelive and the producer and who's producing the pocket a big record and the producer could be dead too. I'm sorry you just changed it all.
Speaker 3: Then it ain't that many dead producers.
Speaker 1: It is a producers.
Speaker 4: Don't die hip hop hip hop don't die.
Speaker 1: You're right, this is.
Speaker 3: Don't die, damn.
Speaker 4: And if they do die, it's not by gun violence.
Speaker 1: They are immortal, all right, Yeah they live? So who's producing that? Just blaze? I like that act all right? Now? A live feature, a love feature. But this is one of a little bit different. God is asking you saying, okay, alive, alive, but he's saying this record is gonna change humanity.
Speaker 2: Jesus christanity, He's gonna change humanity.
Speaker 4: Shoulders right now?
Speaker 2: Ch is what.
Speaker 4: Already up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: To the better place, to a better place, Bruno Marsh Western feature Now who produces that.
Speaker 4: Damn producers that they got to be like what's his name?
Speaker 3: Doctor?
Speaker 4: Oh now doctor, that would be a good one. But Quincy Jones, man, but they can't be leaving the witness man.
Speaker 3: Quincy Jones left us peace. So this is these people that's alive. Yeah, yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: All right? For real? Pharrell would be good, would be good. That's what I like for Rell.
Speaker 4: I like for Rell, Bruno Mars. I like that out the box.
Speaker 1: I like to go after box like have you ever have it worked with?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 4: Okay, Unfortunately I wasn't that lucky. Nothing functioning.
Speaker 1: No, it would happen.
Speaker 4: No, so pretty print it havings.
Speaker 1: So one night out here, uh nows just hanging out. He's he went to Havoc party and I hear that you see nas Yeah, and you say, I apologize for my brother Jim Jones. The reason everyone.
Speaker 3: Happened because now I was like, yeah, I got something for your man Jones.
Speaker 1: He said, oh guy, and we laughing. He was with you.
Speaker 4: It's all good boy, like get it, it's all love, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But what happened was I told Nash, I said, listen, a really close friend of mine.
Speaker 4: He's in love with you like this this female who is going, you know, shout out the rose.
Speaker 3: She is in love with Nas and she met Naves before, but she was just too afraid to tell him how she felt. So she always bugging me about, hey, man, can you introduce me to Nas? Like I just want Nas. I'm like, NAS don't want you, right, But then it's like, I'm why would I say that?
Speaker 4: That's bad for me to do. I'm blocking her blessings.
Speaker 3: So one day she she called me and talking it's no ship, and she says, I really want to speak to him. I say, yo, I'm gonna put you on the phone with Nas. And after this, the fucker ask me for ship.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So one day she called me and I was like, I got Nas on the line.
Speaker 1: Okay. She like for real? Like for real?
Speaker 4: I say, yeah, for real?
Speaker 1: She don't know that.
Speaker 3: I called my homie and was like, listen, I need you to play like Nas. I said, I said, I need you to act like Nas. Okay, just you know, say certain certain ship that Nas will say like you know my black queen like.
Speaker 1: That did.
Speaker 4: Forgive me?
Speaker 1: Say, you know, the Nas is a knowledgeable guy.
Speaker 3: This is Nas in it and you know, he said, all right, I got it, and he didn't get the assignment the right way.
Speaker 4: My homeboy.
Speaker 3: He gets on the phone and the first thing he says is what my black queen, my black queen, my black.
Speaker 4: He said, yeah, my black queen, my black one.
Speaker 1: He and man who told me?
Speaker 3: Because I jumped on the line, like you nas Mama was telling you about my girl Rose and me I was telling you.
Speaker 4: That she she in love with you.
Speaker 3: She's just afraid of you niggas. She don't know what to say to you. And he getting on the lines. Yeah, my black queen, my black queen.
Speaker 4: My black queen.
Speaker 1: He's supposed to be like, yes, that's how he.
Speaker 3: So after he's said my black queen about sixteen.
Speaker 9: Times, right because right, no, she she was just like hey, like hey, Like he was like yeah, you know, I ain't got that much time and like that, but you know, I'm gonna get your number.
Speaker 1: From man Oh wow. She'd been waiting for him to call.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get your number from Mano and you know what I mean, and it's you know, saw I love on my black queen. And she's just like okay, I said, yea, I'm gonna give you a number, man, like for real, just you know, give him a call over me now and then you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: He hangs up. I'm gonna play this ship for you, right because I haven't recorded. And she calls me back and was like, you know, I recorded that that wasn't NADS. I said it fucking was grateful.
Speaker 4: That was fucking no.
Speaker 3: When I seen ours that day, I told him, I said, listen, yeah, don't be mad at me. I guess it was a short version. I said, listen, I set somebody up and I played like it was you. He said, Yo, you crazy, You got your fucking mind, Like you know what I'm saying. Like to this day, I've never admitted that it wasn't Nas.
Speaker 1: Just make some noise in this ship.
Speaker 4: You're such a myself let me so, let me ask.
Speaker 1: I think I know the answer, but I'm just gonna ask because I can see people in the comment session saying something, what's the difference between you hanging with NAS if you wouldn't hang with Max? Good question.
Speaker 3: One is considered to be a real, a real problem, and one is just some competitive viral. I feel how I feel because I feel like I'm that that I'm that I'm that nigga. You know what I'm saying. You think you know Jim Jones saying NOAs it's not a problem.
Speaker 1: You know the funniest shit I got it. I got in trouble because of you know called Jim, because I got in the breakfast club and I was like, yo, I see where Jim is coming from, and all the whole Queen's bridge better than what I said. I just said, I see where he's coming from. Like I just say he's better than Nos. But I see like that confidence. Sometimes you got to wake up in the morning and feel like that should be that person. When I tell you, boy, oh my god, I got a queens where it's trouble bro. I was like, I was thinking I was in punishment for you know, Nos is a rap god and one about he laughed.
Speaker 4: He was not saying he was laughing. Yes, he laughed it off. He's like, Yo, you know I got something your man up. It ain't nothing.
Speaker 1: It's all love.
Speaker 3: Right. So the competitive nature of hip hop right for nigga like Jim, he popping his ship. I feel like he's the most improved niggas rapping is you know you're doing what you do, right?
Speaker 1: Is it really a disrespect?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: But for the fans, they're like, how dare you?
Speaker 3: How dare you rep nos the rap guard? You could never compare. But at the end of the day, he understand our rhythm. He's saying, some ship that's gonna have everybody talking, and it worked.
Speaker 4: When do you think it turns into disrespect?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: What makes it.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: I'm asking in general?
Speaker 3: Well, he asked me about the difference between the non situation and the mass B situation.
Speaker 4: And the mass B situation, there's a situation where there.
Speaker 3: Was a real, real discrepancy, you know, And who am I to say what's serious and what is not. I'm from the thought of if if nobody got dropped, nobody got shot, nobody got.
Speaker 4: Hurt, then it ain't really that serious. But that's that's just who I am.
Speaker 3: I can't project that on somebody else because a certain level of disrespect could be that serious. They could be lifetime serious, you know what I'm saying. So you know what I think, that's what the difference is.
Speaker 1: You know, I felt like I was watching y'all show once and you had asked Jim, and I believe Jim is like no, and I believe y'all never never spoke about it again. We have okay off there, Yeah, okay, okay, okay, yeah again. This is something that I wish, like you know, hip hop, certain things we would get over.
Speaker 4: We were I wrote him along text one day.
Speaker 1: Okay, like talking because I felt like you were trying to fix it absolutely And this is me just spitballing because I don't I don't know right, Like I said, man, Jim is my man, like I love Jim Jones man, like you know, I got to see him in the beginning, and I also got to see Camon. But let's let's speak about do you think that him and Max? What do you think could be fixed more him and Max or him and Can.
Speaker 3: Personally we could get to a space that we're all sitting in a room together.
Speaker 1: That's why I respect that.
Speaker 4: That's what I personally I wish.
Speaker 1: I wrote him. I wrote him a long text one day, Yim.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just on my mind right just as a because I'm you know, I'm a nigga that that understands what it is to have lifetime problems with niggas. It's just certain niggas that I can never fix it with But from my perspective, I was like, you know, it's this something that could be, you know, rectified. And I sent them a text and I expressed him how I felt, and at the same time, I was just like, yo, if if I'm if I'm stepping over boundaries just to understand that this is as a brother, this is just how I feel like, right, And you know, I'm just basically like, yo, you know, this is something that I feel like will look better if we all kind of embrace them, you know, a different level of maturity, you know what I'm saying. But he he let me know, like, Yo, I respect where you're coming from, and I love you my niggas the brother, but this is something else for me, and I gotta respect that.
Speaker 1: Because there was rumors at one point when Max came home that there was going to be an interview with Max and Jim right, just them too, I believe on Jim's show artists Right. I never heard that's a rumor. I heard a couple of camera guys that I know.
Speaker 4: I think that that would be dope. I think that would I think that that would be and they don't need nobody else.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying because I know Max, I had I have a relationship with Max, Max before I actually knew I.
Speaker 4: Actually I actually knew Max.
Speaker 1: Because I seen him shot you out.
Speaker 3: It was like I knew Max when he first came home. Right when he first came home. He used to come to Brooklyn, used to come, you know, my man GQ Beach Studio the first time, not that first time, right, So what happened was he was I'm a home. He was coming to Brooklyn. You know, one of my homies had knew him from prison. One of my homies, he had knew him from prison. I knew Max brother, you know, Mike Murder. We was in the full building together and Kasaki and all that together. Right when Max came home, my man was like, Yo, my little man just came home. He nice and named Max being all he from Harlem. So Max used to actually come from Harlem to Brooklyn to record through the studio that we was all working in.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He used to scream, hustle hard and all that like, you know, but their relationship was more defined and I was just meeting him. They had the relationship, so there was always respect between us right, But our relationship was never.
Speaker 1: In the space of.
Speaker 3: Me and a Jim Jones. It was it never got to that, you see what I'm saying, So me feeling how I felt as far as definitely don't have an issue with Max b I don't have that. No, No, I don't have no issue with him at all. But I was just saying that as a friend, and we talked about that earlier, and we getting money together, we got business together, our families know each other. I just wanted to respect that in that in that moment.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes you know, us us both man living in this industry, sometimes there's real beef and then sometimes there's raped beef, and sometimes there's just like in between, right, Like we gotta like have those measures. When do you think a beef goes too far? I'm not talking about Jim and Max or Jim and Cam. I'm talking about for you when you think a line is drawn you've been you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like on certain things it said that we just can't take back. There's certain people that just could never.
Speaker 1: You know, without naming the people, can give me an example or what that looks like. You don't have to name it. People when when When? When?
Speaker 3: When you make me feel like when I see you on sight, Yeah I needed, I need to get with you then, you know, but you got to understand everything that happens on the inenternet. It's not made for for for a violent outcome. Like I ran into Trive.
Speaker 4: He was at a fight. I was at the fight.
Speaker 3: I've seen him at his baby in his hand. Vegas, right, Vegas. Did you see the footage? I didn't want no smoke.
Speaker 1: That's real.
Speaker 3: I don't want no smoke, that's real. And we got to understand what real beef is and what like having a discrepancy is. Me and him had a what I felt like as a discrepancy. I'm not looking for you, my nigga. In fact, I don't even I'm trying to find a way to say this without feeling like it's disrespectful. If I'm beefing with a nigga and I see how far he willing to take it, I don't want no smoke with him. If I'm beefing with a nigga, any nigga, and I understand that he's willing to get on the stand and point on a nigga and demonstrate on a nigga. He's a stronger man than me. I don't want to smoke with him, because where we come from, if we call a nigga rat, either we're gonna do what we can only do two things with him. Either you want to do something about him, or you gonna leave him alone. So in that instance, I don't want no smoke with you. Brother, Live your life. You got a beautiful family, Do your thing.
Speaker 1: What soney going in? Let me be devil's advocate a little bit about gun situation?
Speaker 4: What about it?
Speaker 1: Do you think that was like crossing the line when he wouldn't understand and said, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Gunna, I think Gonna and I don't know, but I think Gonna actually felt like he was tricked.
Speaker 4: I think he was told. I think he was told, Hey, this is not writing. You're not telling on nobody.
Speaker 3: You just gotta admit to these things and they're gonna give you a plead and you're gonna, you know, go home your family. I think that he thought that he was doing the right thing. I don't think that he had the intentions of telling him. That's what I think that he thought. I don't know, that's what I believe he didn't understand that what he was saying was in one hundred percent contradiction of what the defense is saying. We're saying we a rap label, were not a gang. You was told to say that it is a gang.
Speaker 1: The gang. Yeah, and that's you witness crime. And he was a part of it as well. Right.
Speaker 3: So that's the that's the that's the issue, that's the that's the way the line was on. But the thing is, this intent is very very very important when you come, when you when you understand what snitching.
Speaker 1: Is, explain that police.
Speaker 4: If I get caught with two or three guns and to get out of my sentence.
Speaker 3: Or to know, to get out of the prosecution's way, two three guns, I'll go and say, yo, nor ready did this?
Speaker 1: No the manster.
Speaker 3: If I intentionally understandably say yo, it was it was it was the monster, not no, but monster that did it right, that did whatever. Because I'm trying to get out of what.
Speaker 1: Happened to me.
Speaker 3: I got caught with two or three guns, Like, I'm trying to get out of that. So I don't want to I don't want to deal with that. I don't want what comes with that. So I'm trying to find an easy way out, so that intent is possible, that intent is what it is. So in the case with with with a gunner, I don't know if his intent was the same. You see what I'm saying. Sometimes you fall like if a nigga, if if if somebody, if somebody did something and that she was around, and the police ask you, yo, who was there? You said, yeah, it was it was it was me and Monster, we were together. They used that to incriminate, incriminate the other person. Are you really telling I wasn't intent? You could be like I wasn't intended to telling them. They just asked me who was there, and then I was saying that it was me and Monster.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So intent, intent is intent. It's definitely important do do do the streets understanding st Nah.
Speaker 4: It's hard to even figure that out.
Speaker 1: People don't understand intent.
Speaker 3: People understanding say. I think it's once you get to a level of maturity, you understand in sent because they you know, the thing is, you ain't We ain't supposed to be talking regardless, It always won't come back to that niggas, you ain't supposed to be saying nothing. So there's no room for no slip ups. When you ain't, you don't say nothing, you know. But in his case, I just think that I don't know if he was intended on doing that. It came out bad and then we heard what Doug had to say about it, and it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I guess that feels kind of like I want to I want to ask you too, because now we also have footage of young Thug. They say, hey, we don't know, it's not it.
Speaker 3: Nobody don't think nobody said that.
Speaker 10: Oh I thought someone just said nobody said that. Note Okay, well she's not nobody. Nobody said right so about him in the precinct.
Speaker 1: In the precinct, so people. But what people are saying is that like he was throwing the police off.
Speaker 3: I think I and again, like I just said, I felt like, yeah, I felt like Gunner felt like he was he was tricked into that. On the flip side, I feel like Thug thought that he was finessing mm hmm. I feel like he thought that he was in there, yeah shanty, give me your number, man, like you know, I mean, you want to know something Like I felt like that was what his mentality was.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I could be wrong, but I think that looking at what he was saying, and looking at what he said after that, and on what was going on, and the fact that he didn't actually specifically tell on somebody, I think that he thought that.
Speaker 1: He had to answers.
Speaker 3: But the issue is this, though, ain't no finessing the police man, don't finessing the law. We think we could do that, it's always going to come back and bite us.
Speaker 4: Every time.
Speaker 1: M years ago, right, there was something that was said, probably about all of us, and we were like, we were trying to explain to people, like the rap game might be the most dangerous job on the planet, right, And I'm not there's no disrespect to like, you know, military workers or whatever. But most of the time we don't know how our enemies look.
Speaker 3: No, because more people know who you are than you know them, than you had a disadvantage, you understand.
Speaker 1: Do you feel do you feel like like rapping is one of the most dangerous jobs? Yes, to listen.
Speaker 3: I talked about being in the dating room, looking at you, looking at Cam, looking at Hove, looking at all these artists coming out of the city and saying, damn, I want to do that, because what it looked like for me was that rap was a way out. I'm coming from violence, I'm coming from the street, I'm coming from prison, I'm coming from having a plethora of enemies. I want to get out of this. I'm thinking, soon as I get into the rap game, we made it. Nah, I thought wrong. In fact, getting into the game kind of intensifies that. It kind of magnifies that in a negative way, because now you more of a a target, you more of a symbol of hope that sometimes people just can't get out their own way, so they hate you more. Mark, fuck all these rappers is dying. I ain't think you could die once you become a rapper. I thought that insulated you. This is what I listen, good point me nineteen ninety seven somewhere War Report, whole nas listening this shit. I'm thinking, this is why I want to do this, right, because this is gonna allow me to escape this shit.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: We never thought that niggas was really gonna be dying and all this, like like yeah, it turned into something.
Speaker 4: Totally different, Like I didn't think rapids could die.
Speaker 1: You know, it was crazy. I remember at the time. I used to Uh, if if I ever got pulled over and I said I was a rapper, like the police would just let me go. Like right now, pulled over, I want to say I'm a drug dealer, like I say I'm a rapper, like it worse, like like you got to say you're an American citizens all right, but I'm not playing.
Speaker 4: Being a rapper is not special no more. It's not it's not.
Speaker 1: Famous is not special no more.
Speaker 3: Being famous can still have depending on your level of fame.
Speaker 1: Is this you Yeah, you ain't checking me out? Famous man? Fa So that was bad funny. It's in CBS right now, go up there, pure oh boxes right now about to go buy available And.
Speaker 4: Being a rapper.
Speaker 1: It's not as.
Speaker 3: Prestigious especial as it used to be because being a rapper felt like there was a rights to passage.
Speaker 1: It was like there was a level of getting it.
Speaker 3: Only the best had record deals, and only the best was on B T and m t V, only only those special ones.
Speaker 1: Now it's like everybody could be it.
Speaker 2: You don't think that your own house, You don't think that's the magic word the best.
Speaker 4: I feel like the.
Speaker 2: Best has dwindled. Down to you don't have to be good.
Speaker 1: It don't have to be anything.
Speaker 3: Because the technology has allowed us to allow anybody to be a rapper or be an artist. So it's like, okay, pro tools. We could set pro tools up anywhere, bathroom, hotel, bus car, anywhere.
Speaker 1: We could set up pro tools or loops.
Speaker 2: All that. You could a whole recording on your phone right now.
Speaker 3: Anywhere you can record right because the technology allowed.
Speaker 1: Us to do that. Mad a whole hit from from prison.
Speaker 3: So now because of that, anybody can just be an artist. That's music is the only sport where you could just be it. You gotta go to school to be a lawyer, that's real. You gotta go through training in amateurs to be a professional boxer. You can't just be a professional fucking baseball player, basketball players. You can't just be it music. You could just be it rap up.
Speaker 2: You can just be it music and rapper. But I think we should be different than hip hop. Maybe that's not even.
Speaker 3: Me that though, because anybody can just do it, it doesn't matter. You know how many girls I've seen that started to garner a certain level of Instagram notoriety turn around to say to me, I'm gonna make a record because it's like the rap still comes with a certain level of coolness, right and you I'm like, yo, you just it don't work like that.
Speaker 1: You just like it's it's.
Speaker 3: Dudes, you gotta pay. It's a standard that you gotta sit on top of.
Speaker 1: But no, you don't.
Speaker 3: You don't have to reach a certain level of a standard. You don't have to reach a certain level of capability. You don't have to get to these places, you know, because before it was like if.
Speaker 4: You get a record a record deal, you don't need a record deal. You get a major record deal, you was like looked.
Speaker 3: At as Wow, this niggas signed a Sony, he signed a death Cham, he signed to automatic automatically just by having that, because that shows you could have been the wagoned person in the world. You gotta deal that makes you automatically. You gotta be something for somebody to do that.
Speaker 1: Now it's not that.
Speaker 3: Anybody can do it anybody. So because it's now it's like, I don't even want to be.
Speaker 1: Called a rapper. It's like, don't call it. Like it's just disposable music.
Speaker 3: It's all watered down. If anything, the labels don't feel the same. The listener is not the same. The genre, the energy, the culture is not the same. Rights it's just not special. It's just like everybody is a rapper. Now, how many times we've been somewhere, We've been some places and you're like, yo, you know who that is? Like, no, I don't know who the fuck that is, but that's such and such here a rapper.
Speaker 2: But we shouldn't accept them as rappers. What I'm saying like, everybody can't be a rapper. They can all be rappers, but should not be accepted.
Speaker 4: What's the standard? What's the measurement?
Speaker 1: And the same thing with DJs. There's a lot of DJs DJ them.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what Nads and Master Pill is doing is super love.
Speaker 1: What they're doing to pay homage to.
Speaker 4: The culture of it understood.
Speaker 1: So, but but that's they they can't and it also makes business sense.
Speaker 2: Well it does make business because we're all being nostalgic saying that ship was dope back then. This is why we like it now.
Speaker 1: You building fan base.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry when you say that they we shouldn't accept them as rappers.
Speaker 2: So what's the standard? I mean, you're asking me to make the standard yes, what's the standard? At least they make a sentence that rhymes. It's many people that can make a sense.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not saying be the standard, because that's that's the bar's loading.
Speaker 2: Like listen, let's talk about m seeing his historically, Like, let's go back to the.
Speaker 4: Cold crush and how it keeps going up. That's too far.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm gonna bring you up.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna bring you up to day.
Speaker 2: Let's go ice cube, Let's go n W, let's go public enemy, let's go nas. As it keeps going up, it gets more lyrical, more intelligent. How the fuck does it go down this way? How do we go from down here up here and then slope down? That doesn't make sense, man, But listen, that's so I'm not so skin you this though, because any person with you know, mind and bodies should be able to be able to to make a sense is rhyme R What would be in your in your mind? What would be the standard that people would have to live up to to be to be able to say I'm a rapper?
Speaker 1: No MC or a rapper?
Speaker 4: Well, no, to be an MC is one thing.
Speaker 1: To be a rapper. Anybody could be a rap. Anybody could be a rapper.
Speaker 2: Anybody could be a rapper. To be MC down, to be an MC, you have to be prolific in your lyrics. It has to rhyme, it has to make sense.
Speaker 4: But who's at the gate making sure that there is no gate?
Speaker 2: So the audience needs to be the gate.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna work that. No, that's the one that the honest don't care. No, but that's the audience is one a good time.
Speaker 2: When the when the audience stops carrying, it's not just the audience's fault.
Speaker 4: It means it is the audience's fault because people party.
Speaker 3: People like the party, and they at the club and understanding the textures of music and if a nigga is like cat rat, that that that and if it sound good.
Speaker 4: And it's a vibe and it's a bounce. Wait, we're going with it, but let's go back.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to what you said the best lyrics. Wow, this on one second?
Speaker 4: One second, I'm I'm bathroom. I want to use the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Right after we got the de conversation, Damn, right now, I was ready to go with the big club on you. In my life, I like the do.
Speaker 4: No, we were trying to talk about the standard, the standard.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, So what would be the.
Speaker 3: Standard of of the MC like because the general pub the general public, the general public doesn't have that standard, right, the average person is just looking for something that that makes them feel like they're having a good time, especially when you were talking about clubs.
Speaker 2: So my point with the general public not having the standard was this, you yourself remembered, you said the label when you got signed, the label needed to put all this money to make this record a hit and do all this stuff. We all could agree. The record label doesn't give a fuck about hip hop. They give a fuck about profit, so they will make hits that doesn't necessarily benefit hip hop, benefits their pockets, benefits the corporate structure. So the hits that they're gonna keep pushing are not going to be beneficial to hip hop growing, being smarter, be more prolific, be more social. So they're gonna just keep pushing these hit records with all this money that eventually the whole audience today after the fact, they don't give a fuck.
Speaker 4: They don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: About MC's rappers, hip hop, the elements of hip hop.
Speaker 4: It's all that doesn't solve them.
Speaker 2: It's just a music. Give me a fucking hit record. I don't give a fuck. There's one leg up, two legs, one of my ears in my face, I'm this, I'm that. They don't give a fuck what it is. Just give me a catchy tune and then the idea of hip hop that we all grew up on.
Speaker 4: That's it. I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: I agree with the fact that nobody really cares, right, and I think that's the problem. So so basically so that can't change, then I think it can That's what I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I think it can't change.
Speaker 4: Because no one cares, because I think hip hop.
Speaker 2: Is still a unified group of people, even though we might have different intentions, different ideas, we all still identify under the banner of hip hop.
Speaker 4: But once it became corporate, it was out of our hands.
Speaker 2: But right now we've unders we've all understand that, well, we believe corporate is kind of out of well, the major labels, corporate is still the social media companies are corporate.
Speaker 4: That's still another record.
Speaker 1: What happened with ninety seven right now, Well, they're saying that it's visually the capitalist that's running that whole civil.
Speaker 2: Capitalism runs everything we do. Absolutely we are capital the thing I'm not mad at being a capitalist.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at that neither. But I don't think it can change back. We're not right raw, hip hop raw not the roan. You can never go because just as the idea of the time frame that it was in, just just just that standard of what what we felt like hip hop was. I don't feel like it could change back to that though, you know what I'm saying. I don't think that it could change back to what it used to be.
Speaker 2: I don't think it could change back. But I don't think we have to say because it can't change back, we can't.
Speaker 4: Keep the essence there. But who's gonna keep it?
Speaker 2: We right here in drink Champs alone are trying to keep the hip.
Speaker 3: What shot that your shot that drink keeping the essence alive? But do you do you do understand that two thirty three in the morning in a club in any various the of of of of your choice, right, alcohol, drugs, music, absolutely from Yeah, nobody's thinking about keeping the essence of hip hop.
Speaker 2: But you know I'm saying that you do understand that not everybody lives at two thirty in the morning on drugs and alcohol in a constantly American you know what.
Speaker 4: You know what, sometimes we forget that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I ain't gonna lie. That's the one thing. Uh, thank you for pointing that. That's the one thing I love about Ogzo. Like when you see Kine if you follow Caine the other day, yo, yo, Kine stays on the road. Yes, when I see that ship, I see like, you know, Jasey Jabb all these people staying on the road and it's like, yo, you know he's.
Speaker 4: Just judge Jeff Kill crazy hood day like killed day. Yeah, he shut it down.
Speaker 3: You know, hip hop is the only genre of music that people kind of shame you for getting older.
Speaker 1: You're for getting older, Like why change that?
Speaker 3: And I think, yeah, that too, that's that's that's that should be a part of the agenda.
Speaker 1: And you can talk, you can be absolutely hundred isnine thousand years old. Come on, he's front, come on, yeah, he's yes, he's different.
Speaker 3: Is the only genre that you know, you get to your forties and plus then it's like, oh, you old nigga, you need a share and it's like it shouldn't be that because every other music you can it doesn't.
Speaker 4: It's no age.
Speaker 1: Ceiling.
Speaker 4: You can be whatever, right.
Speaker 3: Ozzy Osbourne went all the way to the death end told head fans torn passed to the death and as an artist, this is not a filical sport, right, you understand like your bad AnGR you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You got bad physicals.
Speaker 2: We wanted to be right, but it's not.
Speaker 4: It's it's mental.
Speaker 1: Is insane clown posse. Maybe you gotta because you might be.
Speaker 3: Able to jump around on stage no more, but understanding that the music is still music.
Speaker 1: And cut you off. Did you see Kane do his last I saw that.
Speaker 7: I talked him about that, that whole footage though it's just resurface about that last another day you got me it's not up the first one.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 1: The dude.
Speaker 3: Again, king man, we should be doing this ship.
Speaker 4: Put the rest off if you want to. So they got this thing where they say yo.
Speaker 3: So it's like they got this thing where they be like yo, these niggas are tenier citizens, right, and it's like y'all yeah, telling us.
Speaker 1: I never heard this.
Speaker 4: This is kind of hard teen year citizens.
Speaker 3: I started and started as like a I don't know I guess niggas was trying to like go at Jim Jones and say, oh, he's he's a he's a teenage citizen. He's the youngest o g. We know, like, I don't think nothing wrong with that, right, because age is about energy. We only hear one time, bro, that one time that we know of right, that we know off right that that that's what we know. Why not live to the fullest and you do what make you happy, my nigga, Like like, if if your perception is me is a teen citizen, then let me let me live my life the way I want to live it, my nigga, let me live my days the way I fucking want to do it.
Speaker 4: Because guess what, it's people that you know album.
Speaker 2: That's a good name.
Speaker 3: Though there's people that we both know and everybody here know that that didn't have the has to live the way they want to live right and do the things that they want to do.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: We're still here with with with the blessings from lucky you know, from the universe like that were able to.
Speaker 1: Still be here.
Speaker 3: Like so if if if I want to still pull up to the club, if I got on sweatsuit and jews on.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to be a little nigga. I'm not trying to be a lion. But I'm this hip hop.
Speaker 1: I'm standing you.
Speaker 4: You've always been being you'reerent.
Speaker 3: People set these invisible boundaries and these standards on you and say that when you get to a certain age that you should be dressing a certain way or doing a certain thing, or you should just automatically turn this old man.
Speaker 4: I don't believe in that.
Speaker 3: I don't believe why, like, should we stop wearing baseball hats, should we stop wearing tims?
Speaker 1: Hating on my hair? They'd be out there, I see you, they hate on your hair.
Speaker 4: The fact that, yeah I got that too.
Speaker 2: Definitely for your painting this ship right, definitely, little pain, little paint later.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, little.
Speaker 4: Seven. You know, but you know where he should he should be able.
Speaker 3: To do what the he wanted to do, exactly, bottom line, bottom line, he should be able to do what he wants to do.
Speaker 1: Take a sip for that, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Definitely, I didn't. I didn't plan out to be this drunk. Yeah, we we planned out for you to be got.
Speaker 1: We've been through. I'm gonna just be honest with you, man. I'm very proud of you. Man.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you to do the thing.
Speaker 3: Continue to smile, man, absolutely especial when you get new tea paid.
Speaker 1: Damn. Yeah, we can tell let's got but but man, like you know everything you've been through, everything you and to be here and just to still be that guy man and still be holding it down and still be able to smile.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Because I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 1: As a person I lived in every form of rap game. I know how hard this ship is. Like even when you even when we at the best of our best, that shit is still hard because we can't never it's not we can never turn it in our uniform. The uniform is twenty.
Speaker 4: Four hours because that's how people see you.
Speaker 1: That's how people see you.
Speaker 4: And you can never live that down.
Speaker 1: You could never live that down. So you know, to to continue to be successful, continue to be out there, continue to smile, continue to work, continue to do that. Like I just want to let you know, like we admire you, we respect you, and we want That's why we wanted to give you a flowers.
Speaker 4: Appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, and especially and especially like being a street person. So like when I like kind of like to you know me, I was researching you and I kept going back like six years ago. See how many people were like baiting you, like I mean by baiting you. Was like they're like, yo, man, it's known for this this. So then what I did was I went and I pulled up ah you on like white people's shows, and I said this it's because it's like, all right, cool, I seen what what like MV like my man, I mean man, like certain like when I was watching your interviews that I watched black then I watched and I was, you know, I'm trying to you know, trying to be official, you know what I'm saying. But when I see you and I'm like, yo, you know how to do that? Think about this is your gift, my brother in just in case you don't know, you know how to move in difference audiences. You know how to move a different our gifts. Man, that's a real gift, bro. Like, don't don't downplay that, like, don't ever like acknowledge that. Like I was watching it you because I want to do my job. But I'm like I'm looking at it. I'm like that's not something that you have to teach that to yourself.
Speaker 3: Right, That comes from Yeah, my bad, that's a false sense of of of learning.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So it's like, I adapt to every room that I'm in, right, no matter what room that I'm in.
Speaker 3: Prison allowed us the time to like read things, study things, and stff like that. So it's like, if I'm in a peaceful room, I'm peaceful. If I'm in a room on some bullshit, then I'm with that too. If I'm on a room that's that's. If I'm in a room that's about progression, then that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: That's what we're on.
Speaker 3: Adaptation, adaptation, right, Being able to adapt, that's the way you stay here. We ain't always gonna be hot. Niggas gonna be like, oh you washed up, you old nigga, You ain't who you used to be. But that don't define you. You still gotta you still got to be able to turn those corners. So being able to adapt to the times, to be able to adapt to climate, to be able to adapt to the wounds that we're in. No nigga, that's me, but.
Speaker 1: I mean that's not normal. Like you, you're a genius man like, trust me. Like I I was. I was taking a jog this morning. Well, my boy Henry, and I was watching all your interviews, watching it all, and I was like, Yo, this dude is mad smart like and it made me mad that six years ago people well that's all they were saying, Oh, you're a street dude, your dude, and I'm looking at your progress to where you're at. I'm like, yo, man, you you're a smart dude.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: Me being a street nigga is st is a footnote in my life. Bro, that's a little that's a small part of my life. You know what I'm saying. Look, that ain't that ain't gonna be ever be something that I denied. That ain't ever gonna be something that I'm ashamed of. That where I come from, what I come from, what I've been through the issues that I had. Yeah, but that also helped define you, right, because what you've been through helped shopping you in a certain way to make you who you are. Right, whatever it's meant to be will be. So it's like, yeah, I've been through prisons, I've been through wars, I've been through.
Speaker 4: I've been through extreme violent situations. Right, L l told me this.
Speaker 3: LL told me say, Yo, don't let your past failures handcuffed.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I said what you mean?
Speaker 3: He said, Then you might drop a wht album. It won't sell, But the fuck that keep going. Nigga, act like act like you did. Nigga, act like you just went platinum. Don't let your past failures and that and that that that's attributed to every angle of life. If you didn't been in prison, you've been in the street. Like just because you started one way, that doesn't determine how you finish. So what we've been involved in this, that don't mean that we can't put our suits on and sit in these rooms and talk to these.
Speaker 4: People about life and build on some progress. They don't mean that. It don't mean that at all, my nigga.
Speaker 1: You know, man, I can't thank you enough. Man, I thank you. Man. I wanted to give your flowers.
Speaker 3: Man, thank you, thank you for giving me my motherfucking flowers. I never had too many flowers.
Speaker 4: And the fog.
Speaker 3: I want to put you on somethingcause I'm here. I'm down here for the weekend because a friend of mine is just open up a restaurant in Miami and it is.
Speaker 4: Probably going to be the top restaurant in the city.
Speaker 1: Talk about it. It's called Neuveau.
Speaker 3: Shout out to my people, Ebony Caro, Shout out the wrong. Shout out the Yandy because she's involved with that. It was yes, big grand opening last night, and this is why I'm down here, We out here celebrating that. You seeing what I'm saying is it's in one what Okay? So it's right here, right here there, right here, it's New Veau. What I'm telling you, the food is good.
Speaker 1: You like y'all?
Speaker 4: Come on, I've been right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, let's go. Absolutely, you can do that. All right, he can do that? Hey you do that?
Speaker 6: Yes, take the picture, Let's take a click and Drink Champs is a drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j e f N.
Speaker 4: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 2: Champs on Apple podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, DJ e FN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs. Across all platforms at the real noriegon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e fn on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com