Speaker 1: Shoot your shot on Prize Picks and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. That's right, Prize Picks is now giving you fifty dollars in lineups when you sign up to play your first five dollars. Prize Picks makes every dunk, every dime, every board that much more exciting, so don't miss your chance and get started on America's number one app for sports picks. Basketball season is here and it's time to build your lineups on Prize Picks. Right now, we're rolling with Cleveland Donovan, Mitchell, James Harden, more threes, more points, just more. Find your community on Prize Picks, and with the new social feeds feature, you can share prize picks with your friends and copy lineups with winners with a single click. Copy lineups you like or use them as inspiration for your own picks. You can even follow Prize Picks partners like us and Player Fade our Picks with is one click. Prize Picks is easy to play. Just download Price Picks at today and use the code Debo Joe to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup.
Speaker 2: That code is.
Speaker 1: Debo Joe to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup prize Pets.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to this episode of Depot and Joe. I'm your host James Debo Harrison, and I'm here with my co host, Joe Hayden. So please make sure you like, subscribe and download where you get your show. How you're doing today, Joe.
Speaker 3: I'm doing a may zing, my good brother.
Speaker 2: Debo, diddo, diddo. Man, I'm doing amazing too.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I had a good time this weekend. Man.
Speaker 1: I was out here at the Monroeville Convention Center. Man, Hey, did a signing a couple, you know, did a couple a couple of days signing. Man, the fans came out. They showed love. Man, I showed love.
Speaker 2: All that we will time.
Speaker 1: Man, we're gonna get to now, you know. And I was talking to I was talking to this little girl man and yeah, yeah, I saw you.
Speaker 2: I saw you.
Speaker 1: Did an interview with you girl. I saw you trying trying to were trying to swell. Guess who didn't give me the Jay's though you didn't get man, you got to J man, didn't those were those were?
Speaker 2: Those are over your twelves too, that you had on. I know, jo bro brother, you know, I know the shoes. I know everything. I'm hip. The shoes you had on were fresh.
Speaker 3: The video with the little girl she had on the number four DK metcalf Jersey, I peeped you de bo. I'll be watching my brother. But that's neither here nor there. We're gonna talk about that after the fact that we talk about.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, I'm trying to I'm trying to show fans love man because that's what it is.
Speaker 2: This is about good stuff. Yeah. Yeah, showed up and showed out. Okay, they sure did. That's what I'm talking about. Okay, Now we got Aaron Rodgers on the one. No no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about a rob But we gotta go first to the Calves. First, calves, real quick. First hold on, hold on, what is cast do they play for? That is that new football team that's new one in the league. That's new, that's new team coming to the league for football debo. That's that's that's that's a basketball team.
Speaker 2: And we were talking about.
Speaker 3: That's what we're talking about Detroit and this I'm gonna get the bad quick quick basketball.
Speaker 2: You see me. Hold on, hold on talking about season.
Speaker 3: We're talking about championship winning titles basketball and basketball titles.
Speaker 2: Basketball. We're talking about basketball. All right, let's talk about basketball.
Speaker 3: Then, Yes, that's what we're gonna do for sure at the top, because it's still off season. They got optional workouts going on with.
Speaker 2: Football, still basketball.
Speaker 3: We're trying to win more rings, trying to bring more rings.
Speaker 2: To the land.
Speaker 3: Because you were talking all that Detroit, all that little Caesars Arena. But I ain't gonna lie to you, de Bo. You had me shook, gave six because I expected it to go. It didn't go the way I expected. So I was hoping that praying that it went down. And we had Game seven and went down so we could come back to the show and I can let you know.
Speaker 2: I'm we're advancing. You're not. So I'm gonna give flowers and listen, I told.
Speaker 1: You a Detroit fan, I'm just against Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well whatever, Well, what I'm gonna do, mann.
Speaker 1: D listen, man, I'm gonna give a peace offering. Here go my peace offering.
Speaker 2: What's up.
Speaker 1: Pittsburgh. I ain't got no basketball team, they don't. The closest thing it's Cleveland right up the street. I'm from Akron, Ohio. You are a k roddy roddy west side some kind of yes. So this one I'm gonna do for you. Come on, devout, let's go. It's gonna kill my souldier roots. It's not you from I'm gonna tell you right now. Listen, listen, listen, this is what you have to do. You're gonna have to remind me now, you have to remind me.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I'm starting a new thing. You know what I'm saying this because you don't need to do basketball. Hey, listen, listen, this is new.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I do a little bit basketball, a little bit bat but but it's a new thing. There's a new thing rooting for Cleveland now, Okay. So what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna try and root from. Okay, I'm trying to try and stay on. I'm gonna try and stay on the like straight, but I'm gonna you know, it's new, Okay, it's like starting your walk with the Lord.
Speaker 2: But this is a lot worse because I got some hate for them.
Speaker 1: I love the Lord just like I ain't gonna say, hey, hey, the strong word, I got some dislike just rock with me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna roll with you. I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you listen.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, You're gonna have to Hey, remember you're rolling with us.
Speaker 2: Now, you have to remind me because I'm I'm liable to crash out.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's the thing. I'm gonna keep you real balanced. You know what I'm saying. I'm gonna let you know what's going on. I'm gonna give honest takes. Because Game six was crazy. We got bullied out there and little Caesars Arena Detroit came out there and Bald K Cunningham all of his other talent too, my man, what's my man name?
Speaker 2: Avery? Listen.
Speaker 1: They was tapping up each other like with their elbows, and it was eating that little season piece.
Speaker 2: They tried to get physical quarter. They was doing that to y'all.
Speaker 3: Game seven, we won by thirty one. Donovan Mitchell came out there dishing the ball to ever the way he needed to. Jared Allen Mobiley James Harden strews.
Speaker 2: How long was they in the bonus. How long was they in the bonus? What you mean the whole damn game? Hope de bo.
Speaker 3: Listen, don't worry about y'll flopping, man, Listen, we were not flopping. We was out there being more physical. We defense up rebound turnovers. Jared Allen was hooping, mobiley hooping when our big man are balling, and Dom was getting them involved early. He had more assists than you know. He averaged three assist a game. He had stop.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 3: So long story short, we're gonna we're up against the Knicks now, debo, and that's a whole nothing, that's a whole.
Speaker 1: Can you just please acknowledge the fact that that there was some flopping on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all I need. That's that's that's the NBA that they were looking at.
Speaker 3: Everybody's doing. Put everybody all that arm. Everybody's pushing off to get open. Everybody's just doing this joint like it's nothing. There's stiff arming on offense. It's the offensive game. There's so many offensive files every time they're pushing off every play. So we're doing the same thing. That's why I'm domin Mitchell. He'll be doing this push off. James Harden does his push off.
Speaker 1: I just don't want no king cut a haam does the joint to you.
Speaker 2: Gotta puts a foul on them one time. But Kate Canham does it.
Speaker 3: And I'm not trying to get shake Gilger, Alexander, Jalen Brunson. The ball is everybody there using the push off of the left arm.
Speaker 2: For sure. I'm not mad at it, but I don't like it.
Speaker 3: James Harden, when you shoot your left hand, trade ball, don't get your feet out, don't.
Speaker 2: Kick your feet out and just flop it. That's where I started going Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Before I start going Cleveland, let me tell you this, though, what's up. You gotta meet SGA.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Smoking the sea, It's gonna be smoking the city. I completely understand this. I'm just saying, we're gonna get We have to beat We gotta beat these knicks. The knicks are nice. Brunton is nice. I don't know if I could do this. I swear, I don't know if I could do this. It's something to me.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm telling you. Just get ready to watch this. There's four teams left. We got the Spurs playing. Okay, see, Spurs were beating them during the regular season, So it's gonna be a battle over there. Whoever makes it from the West their favorite to win it, regardless us versus the Knicks. You are us, Deebo, you are us. You are to Cleveland. You are with me Me Donovan Mittrick is okay, I'm gonna go with that. I'm gonna try. I'm gonna try to.
Speaker 2: Go with that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try and go with that. All right, I'm gonna try. I'm gonna go with it. I'm let's go cast let's go go team basketball.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna say nothing about what happened when they showed the whole script and all that, because they got mad at me because I told you the scripts and then they changed it up and then they showed the world.
Speaker 2: And that's why listen, I'm gonna tell you. Listen, listen.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, man, that's why they got blew out so bad. They was like, oh, now y'all changed the script on it. They was just you know, they was they was like deflated, bro. They was like, now we gotta lose. They was trying to they we supposed keep it close, but they didn't. It was like thirty one now.
Speaker 2: So I'm just seeing you because they gave us. I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: So it's saying, Bro, we had to come and put belt to I'm just saying, indeed, it's all good.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you, man, that's sometimes.
Speaker 1: That's how it's happened, man, because I ain't even gonna lie to you, man, like, yes, I had to follow the script one time, man lost you know, ain't you know?
Speaker 2: Zebo, you're lying. I'm just saying you're lying. You lying.
Speaker 3: They ain't telling you what to do out there. You're trying to win, don't see you, bo, That's what I'm telling. You get the line sometimes, and that's what's your credibility to get to get in favor, because that's not you.
Speaker 2: You get the line. You be telling the truth. He's babbling in the line.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, anybody think this ship is scripting you out of your rabbit ass?
Speaker 2: Mine? Not it? Nobody, Come on, man, nobody.
Speaker 3: I'm you cannot telling me that I'm trying to get a pick?
Speaker 2: Well the script? Tell me? Can I get to pick every play? I'm getting beat on any play.
Speaker 3: If I'm getting beat on any play, I'm not going with the script.
Speaker 2: I'm not going with that. No, he's gonna have to show, no, Joe.
Speaker 1: Now we can finally stop talking about all the people talking about Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: What do you gonna do? What he ain't gonna do here?
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers, he's here signed one year deal or will side in one year deal with the Stellers. They say the deal is worth up to twenty five million, including a base salary between twenty two and twenty three million, a few million and then centers. The Stealers Volunteery off season practices begin tru Day. Aaron Rodgers is expected to be there. Actually then it started? Did it start already? Should have started already? Did he come? We go find out, Yes, Rogers didn't commit to the Stellers. I guess until last year. Well we knew after that mandatory mini camp in June this year he will be there early.
Speaker 2: Joe, Yes, come on, bro, come on? First started? How you feeling, Joe? Joe?
Speaker 1: When we first started, man, we told them boys, we said, Aaron Rodgers is not coming back for the same price that he played for. Yeah, yeah, Okay, he outplayed that contract in without him our one, we don't get a five hundred record.
Speaker 2: So man rightfully wants to be paid the value that reflects that.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm or I was a thought process that like yo. When he went on the Pat McAfee show, he's telling me, like yo, they ain't gave me nothing to look at. They ain't showed me nothing, So I have nothing to make a decision on on you know what I'm going to do as far as my decision to be the steller blah blah blah blah. So the Stillers went and said, hey, Man, we go put this special, this special tender on you and you can get fifteen millions. And I said, then, Aaron Rodgers not coming back for fifteen million. And I believe one that before he came back with fifteen million, he will retire before.
Speaker 2: He did that.
Speaker 1: But what that deal did was it made Aaron have to come to the table and they had to start talking. Okay, they had discussions because now the Stillers gave him a number. He's like, yo, I ain't really you know the number that I'm looking for? The number am im able to come back for. Okay, they sit down, they talk with your bottom line.
Speaker 2: Still say all right, what's your top line?
Speaker 1: You know? And then some way they come together and they came to what the number was that they've agreed upon.
Speaker 2: He gets he wants and we get what we want.
Speaker 1: But with Aaron Beck, it's a little added bonus. Now young one drew out who didn't any time with Hey, he gets tied way right now. He gets to be under the veteran leadership, the experience you know, of a future Hall of fame along with that, so plus and the negative. But well, Howard, he gets another year, but it's going to stow down his on field game time and experience and all that. But the knowledge and information that you know he's going to get or acquire, like having him for another year, I feel like that's priceless.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure, you don't have to rush it. You don't have to rush it.
Speaker 1: Right right now, Aaron Rodgers obviously, because it's the best opportunity to get the most out of our team. Yes, and potentially case lightning in the by potentially case lightning in the box. Great, okay, which will give guys like uh Cam Cam Hayward, uh Chris Boswell, j whyt Jalen Ramsey opportunity to get a championship.
Speaker 2: That was saying, I know they want it.
Speaker 1: You know, that's that's the only accolade that some of them are missing in their careers.
Speaker 2: So as for me, I love yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I've been telling y'all, listen, I wouldn't worried about what was gonna happen on the offensive side because we were going to be able to.
Speaker 2: Be protective and run the ball well.
Speaker 1: So we'll be able to protect the ball, don't turn the ball over, and to run the ball. So now we got a rod for show for show for show. What he did last year? Okay, at forty two, forty three, whatever it is, forty two turns forty three at.
Speaker 2: Forty two turned forty three.
Speaker 1: Listen, if Aaron Rodgers is able to get out there, brother and catch that lightning in the by and win a Super Bowl championship and what is more likely than not his last year in the NFL, BRO, that's story book.
Speaker 2: That's what you're looking for, Bro, he looking for the story book. Man, Hey, Joe, I will say this.
Speaker 1: Though, Yes, if it happens and Aaron does win another championship, I think it's going to be difficult. If not damn near impossible for him to retire, especially if they win it in the fashion in which I believe the record should be. Because now in your head you have to be thinking, it's an opportunity to repeat.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know this was okay.
Speaker 3: De bo Okay, I hear him with the repeating, I'm hearing everything. I'm okay. I'm trying to go with this this year. First you go into the future when the Super Bowl, we're going best case scenario.
Speaker 2: We were all talking the same talk right now.
Speaker 3: I'm super happy that finally Aaron Rodgers is there's no there's no gray still is the whole time new they have they were talking with Aaron Rodgers, they were in communications, they had to plan going on so and and my standpoint as far as like doing it with the media, answering all these questions, just trying to bring stuff up, but they the Steelers were never wavering in what they felt. They were always expecting him and helping him to sign early.
Speaker 2: But they were always in.
Speaker 3: Communication, always never waivered, bringing in talent, doing everything they had to do. So now, just for me in an organizational standpoint, kudos to the Steelers. He signed earlier than he did last year. We're asking all of these questions about I'm like, he didn't come none of the OTA's, none of these camps. He was right before training camp in June. So now for them to it was just a lot going on. So for him to sign before OTA's optional OTAs, this is before he did last year, this is a whole earlier situation. So now it's a better situation than it was last season. All of that quarterback controversy taught the stealers were in their same position when you talk about the money, and I wasn't really thinking about it as much at the time, but a rod when they sent them out to fifteen and then him to get the twenty two with the option up to twenty five, that makes him the seventeenth highest paid quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 2: And when you look at it, I'm like, perfect, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Everybody else under Aaron Rodgers it is on their rookie contracts, you know what I'm saying. Besides, Milik Willis is the only when he's making twenty two million dollars a year. Ay Rod signed basically the same thing with the sentence to go up to twenty five. So everybody else is under that. So it's just that's the money speaks.
Speaker 2: For what it is.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get a rod at twenty seventeenth highest paid quarterback in the league. You got dudes like it goes, Dak Prescott, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence, Jared Goff, Rock Pardy, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts, Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Daniel Jones making forty four, sam Donold making thirty three, Baker Mayfield making thirty three. So all those quarterbacks and then you make the jump from there to Fernando Mendoza making fourteen million dollars a year. So that twenty five at a quarterback for Aaron Rodgers, that's not on a rookie deal. All those other guys smooth, they're making thirty three. He's making twenty two with the option of twenty five.
Speaker 2: Boom. Now we have Aaron Rodgers on this team.
Speaker 3: And when you're saying best case scenarios, they were building this team to be successful without Aaron Rodgers. Yes, we have him here now on the team, knowing that we're going to have him with Michael Pittman Jr. With DK Metcalf with fire move well with Mount Washington. You know what I'm saying with Jalen Warren at the running back, with Breck o'dondle with the linemen.
Speaker 2: Now that we have, with the new.
Speaker 3: Parts that we have on defense, we're making sure the special teams is going to be with the special teams is going to be the vision for the Steelers now is you know, obviously with the talent we had last year, is we're running back with new talent, with new pieces with Aaron Rodgers, knowing that our offense is going to be some of these plays, but we can go down the field a little more if our running game is legit. Now these individual matchups, he's going to be able to throw those one on ones. Dk, your year wasn't as good as you wanted to be. You're ready to perform too. I understand. You know, you got some things to prove. So the names that we have on the team and the talent that we have are more and willing and capable to go and perform and do some special things. So now it's like, all right, bet we got a rod on your last I'm thinking for me, if you're saying, we win the.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl, we'll see what happens next year.
Speaker 3: This is more for me, final hurrah a rod You're going on, you're gonna be forty three this year if you do come back.
Speaker 2: I mean, we do have younger.
Speaker 3: Quarterbacks, we have pieces, we have a team that's building. So eventually, organizational wise, you will want to have these One of these younger dudes come up because he's not gonna be able to play for but so long you say one more year after this, but it's like, then win is Drew, that's gonna be his second year. Following it's gonna be Will Allen's third year sitting behind him. So it's like, when we're ever gonna be able to you got to see these dudes to know what they can do. The same time, building the team doing a great job. So I'm with if with this team now with Aaron Rodgers, sign it. If I'm Cam Heyward, if I'm Jalen Ramsey, you know what I'm saying. If I'm the older Vets dude.
Speaker 2: That are in those years right now to win.
Speaker 3: Now, when the last year's are our deal, we're trying to win organizational wise, that's when you want to have for your vets. We're trying to win. Stellers are never really a down your low year. You're always still rebuilding. If we lose it Aaron Rodgers and then we can end up with t J. Watt, we can be able to move some parts, but like we're always having, we don't really have to rebuild when you have a team, we are always trying to get those players around. So I'm finally I'm super excited for the Stellers because now it's no it's no Gray, it's no low. We're going to We're going to have this team. Players are going to have to ball, the new coaches, the system, the defense, everybody's gonna have to jail. Now with that that that one question was is.
Speaker 2: Going to be well? Is going to be out of? Like do we like them? Coach McCarthy likes both of them.
Speaker 3: Now we're figuring out who's going to be who's gonna be missing out of that room.
Speaker 2: Now we got four quarterbacks, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So there's different things there, But the biggest point that we got is Aaron Rodgers is signed now officially, there's no what are they waiting on him?
Speaker 2: When is he coming.
Speaker 3: He didn't sign last year until the training camp. We got him now early, so good for the Stealers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no question, brother.
Speaker 1: And speaking of that, the quarterback controversy with Aaron Rodgers back, one of the other three quarterbacks will be the odd man out, brotherly, So I guess according to what's his name, Mike floor Florio, he believes that the odd man out will be Will Howard, and his reasoning is the Stealers supposedly have strong beliefs in the quarterbacks that they had Mason Rudolph and Will Howard. But he said, they then and go and draft a quarterback in the third round, Drowler. And his belief is that Drew Owler, since he was drafted, that he will be there. And Mason Rudolph, since he's a veteran that you need to have, you know, as a backup if he gets hurt. That's why it'll be Alar and h or why he believes it'll be Alar and Rudolph.
Speaker 2: Joe, what do you think who do you think it will be?
Speaker 3: Between Howard and Rudolph. I think that it will be Will Howard. Yeah, I like I like Mason, but you know he's had his stints with the Steelers. He got drafted their third round, He had his chances to see you know what I'm saying, maximize what he would be able to do while he was out there. I know that we're building a team. It's about the parts around him. But I would see last year when he came out there too.
Speaker 1: Just it's likely came out there and back David.
Speaker 2: I don't like to talk crazy about it, so I think he may he.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying he could be out of the league, but talking crazy.
Speaker 2: No no, no, that's not talking crazy. No no, no, you're not. You're not. You're not. You're not. You're not. You're not. So you're we're saying the same thing.
Speaker 3: I think that he is not going to be a suitable starting quarterback if you're trying to win a championship.
Speaker 2: He is a suit.
Speaker 3: He could be a backup somewhere in the league for sure, But with the Steelers. Now, let's see, Drew, you drafted him, you got you gave Mason start See an opportunity to get out there and show what he could do.
Speaker 2: We know, I understand the backup goom with Will Yeah, I'm wong with the younger guys that you drafted. At least see what you got, because I feel like you know what you got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you in this. I think, uh, I think I think Mike done. I think he might have I think he might have sniffed some glue or put too much emphasis in the you know, Mike flooryal put too much infatience in the veteran quarterback status.
Speaker 2: Like this dude, he got what eight years?
Speaker 1: He got eight years, he got eighteen starts, he nine to nine, sixty three seven career you know, completion percentage.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's not hard to replace.
Speaker 1: That's average twenty eight touchdowns, twenty interceptions.
Speaker 2: That's not hard to replace. Like and then, like you said, last time he got in the game, first thing he did was turn the rock over.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Like, we're talking about passer rate and what.
Speaker 1: Is it, like an eighty four, eighty five something like that, Like that's all average numbers. And he has been in the league for eight years as a career backup and he has not went any further.
Speaker 2: You're telling me that you're going to keep him.
Speaker 1: Opposed to two guys that you don't know what they can do. And you've seen this is his top. He's not going to get any better.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And then from what he did like last year, Hell, he ain't really what was he in Tennessee? I think he will nine interception nine touchdown, Like we're not getting anything from him. He's not going to be enough, especially once Aaron is gone, Like you're keeping him, you're getting rid of one of the other guys saying, Oh, I don't need to see any kind of development from you. Ain't seen nothing from Will. You ain't seen nothing like you ain't seen nothing from Drew And you're gonna top them off for a dude that been there eight years. And this is what he's given you. Mike Florida is tripping tripping. Yeah, I'm with you on that. He tripping tripping, Bro. You gotta get him, dudes a chunk. You gotta get a younger guy as a chance. Yeah, see what you got that veteran stuff don't matter if your quarterback is not playing like a veteran.
Speaker 3: They at that time, A years is a years is a good amount in a long time.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: And this college numbers was crazy, Like his college numbers was crazy crazy And this is what yeo, he can't even just go and just manage this thing. Bro, he gonna turn it over. Protect the rock, Bro.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: I'm with it, d BO. I'm with you because we said what we said. I'm I yes, I'm with you. I kick it with me. So I'm like, when we're saying that it's just not his time for the Stellers anymore. It's when you're talking about the quarterback position, you're going to be out there. You see, we've had film, We've had legitimate film. That's what I was looking forward to seeing on Drew to see what it looks like out there. You got to give him a chance, to give him some playtime. And then when you get out there and you see what it looks, believe it or like, maybe it's not the right time there. So this seven year stint in one organization, for sure, it is good enough time to see if you've done it.
Speaker 1: For show, for the show. Look here, man coach Bryan Man deon Sanders. He warns the rest of the league that the Browns are coming. The Browns are coming. The Browns are coming. He said, look at the rookie class last year, the rookie class this season. Who I know they have played who I know they have played. They haven't. I haven't played. They haven't played put on put on the grass. But they're building something that is tremendous and they're not too far away. Of Course, they need to stable. They need stability at the quarterback position. Of course, they need stability on the offensive line. Everything else. To me, they've got it. They got it, Joe, what do you think they got it? I know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 2: You in a.
Speaker 1: Stability at the quarterback position, in the offensive line, that's it, true state everything else I would have, I would say that they got something to it.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He also went off on uh the Miles Garrett trade talks. He said, he said they got a killer on defense. I'm tired of y'all talking about trading and getting rid of me. They don't. That don't make no sense to me. That's a once in a lifetime man. That's a that's a once in a lifetime man that you don't see no more.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get rid of that. I don't get rid of that unless I get Unless I get your mom and daddy, your uncle, cousin, and everybody in the trade for it, because that's a grown man. That's a winner. That's a winner. Joe, the Browns are coming, Joe. What are the Browns coming to? What are they coming to?
Speaker 2: Joe? What Pribly said? They coming? You think they're coming? I do? Where they coming to? I do? I think this is the thing Browns.
Speaker 3: Like I always said, defense is not We've always been able to have good defenses. Our defense is always ranked within the top ten always. So the problem is when we're saying quarterback stability, all these teams have been good.
Speaker 2: You've gotta have a quarterback. We've had so many quarterbacks through the trajectory of the Browns.
Speaker 3: When we did end up having Baker Mayfield for that short time, he was solid. We were getting players around him, Andrew Berry and then were bringing in talent.
Speaker 2: They brought it in Jarvis Landry.
Speaker 3: They were bringing in Odell Beckham Junior on the offensive side of the ball to help us actually score points, get points on the ball. When we get points on the ball, the defense is always. It's never if you lose, because if you give up one play, the game is over. No, you got to be able to have an offense that you go to and they're looking like when Wile was playing for the Steelers and I left the Browns, Antonio Brown and Ben Roethlisberger, when they came off a drive, they expected to score every single drive. Like when they came off they were upset that they didn't score. On defense, you wanted to do three and out every time to get the ball back to the gowns. Where you're on defense, and you continue to get three and outs and you continue to get good field position and give them the ball back and you get nothing, that's demoralizing because it makes it feel like defense you got to continue the ball.
Speaker 2: Out in your offense is just like not in factor.
Speaker 3: If you have an offense that they want to look at the same way that you're.
Speaker 2: Looking at it.
Speaker 3: When they come off the field actually disappointed that they didn't put points on the board and they're trying to figure it out, there's.
Speaker 2: Nothing the defense got to go say, you.
Speaker 3: Want to get them the ball back immediately so they can go score points. So that just situation is a completely different situation. So I'm saying the Browns are never far away because your defense is getting the ball back, they're creating turnovers, they're making things happen special teams. Wasn't that good last year? When you got good defense and good special teams. You're playing a field position game. You want your offense to be competent, be able to get out there, get a field goal, don't turn it over, don't go backwards, don't look crazy, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So when you have an offense that's really potent, they're trying to go score every time. That's something that when I went to the Pittsburgh Steelers, I was like, Wow, this is crazy, because if you give up a touchdown, you don't feel like you lost the game. It's all right, guys, come on when we about to go score, and now y'all go get the ball back and then we can go run this thing up. You know what I'm saying, Like, nah, like they got your back. They patted me on the back. When you like, you're like, oh okay, all right, bet that's my back. You felt like you lost the game because you don't feel like you should ever get scored on defense and on offense. You should feel like they should never stop you. That's just your mindset. So when I was with the Browns, that was never the I will hope that's their mindset. But I'm looking like y'all aren't scoring. They know they're not scoring. And the defense we're trying to continue to we got to score, put them in position to score, make something happen. We're trying to punch stuff out like we're out there.
Speaker 2: Trying to ball.
Speaker 3: So when I hear in Coach Prime, it's a team where if you got an offense, now you got your door, and not just saying he was a quarterback is running a companent offense that's trying.
Speaker 2: To go get points.
Speaker 3: He wants to score every single drive, knowing it's not possible. That's what you gotta wheel it in. Sometimes j downs are good. Let's get a field goal. That's great. You go down there, don't turn the ball over. Get this good field position. We pin them down. Now, defense is out there. You're playing from the two, you're playing inside the five. We got our earspin back. We're trying to get safeties. You know what I'm saying. It's like a team game that happens there. So when I'm here Coach Prime, it's like they're building something. Yes, if you can get a competent offense with a legit quarterback that's trying to go score every drive. Now we're speaking the different language because the defense not changing. Miles Garrett, Denzel Award. They're always out there hunting. They're always hunting. But if they had a quarterback that was out there on the offensive side hunting the same way they hunting. Now you're going in there with a team, you feel like I'm walking in here with a fully loaded clip like defense. We good offense, y'all good, y'all could go score thirty. You know what I'm saying, and really believe it. And they think we about to go take them up top. We about to go run this ball down their throat. You know what I'm saying, and Junie believe it and go do it. So when I'm saying, you go get an offensive line, you build that grit, you build that team like that's what it is.
Speaker 2: So they're not far you. We're not getting blown out.
Speaker 3: But it's like, dude, get an offense, having special teams. Defense, keep balling, keep doing what you're doing. Don't get rid of Miles Garrett because he's the reason why how defense is what our defense is. Like, you want to go get other pieces you've been doing it with the draft. You've been hitting with these pieces that we do need. So if we were to get rid of my mouse, we need a dog tackle and a dog wide receiver.
Speaker 2: That's what we're saying. Get the wife, get the kids. You need.
Speaker 3: Two dudes are gonna instantly make our offense just as good as our defense is. So I'm not against what Prime is saying now as you sound like I'm I'm a Browns fan obviously, because when the draft they drafting the wrong people. I'm like this, no, we should have drafted the receivers and we needed alignment, and we.
Speaker 2: Drafted we would draft some defensive players. That's not what we need. Now.
Speaker 3: Our defense is looking great and we're still not competent on offense. So trying to build a nice offense, I'm like, Okay, you're making the right moves. We're getting the right pieces. I like, schador, sha door, don't go out here and.
Speaker 2: Mess it up.
Speaker 3: Give me an offense that can get twenty four points. Defense ain't gonna give up that many, so we can win more games than we lose.
Speaker 2: I'm listening what he's saying.
Speaker 3: He doesn't sound crazy when you look at it like that, but when you instead of Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 2: That what you mean? They all are in the right direction.
Speaker 1: When they label it as a uh warren and then you actually read it, it's not really a warning, you know what I'm saying. It's more of a he sees the transition it is heading, so you know, the clickbait type of you warning y'all in Cleveland coming.
Speaker 2: But you but you see, but you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying. True statement. But don't forget y'all, y'all. Special teams were selling too.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So that's one of the things we left out.
Speaker 1: Your special teams can lose you a whole game on five plays.
Speaker 3: You gotta make it a yes, yes, yes, mister couple miss couple of field goals and then of turn.
Speaker 2: All that, yes, yeah, go ahead, right all that. Yeah, Okay, I got you. Now you're going ahead.
Speaker 3: But I'm going right, I'm gonna go ahead right with Brian.
Speaker 2: Was saying.
Speaker 1: Like and the and the trade and the miles, like, hey, that might be the best thing for them, you know, long term, that might be the best thing for them, Not because now for me, I just I don't like having to play against him twice a year.
Speaker 3: It's a personal thing. You're trying to weaken my squad, That's what that is. Do you think I care about how weak the league is? If I won the championship every year.
Speaker 1: I would give zero, zero fucks. I would not care. I would zero. I would give zero. Of course, I would want to play against the best and have your best talent. You know what I'm saying. I'm gonna give you a ride to the stadium if I see your car broke down.
Speaker 2: I want you, I want your best. I want you.
Speaker 1: Hey, you want us to be in the same show. But I ain't on the field no more. So I'm trying to get it with less of a heart attack and a headache.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so right now, you want the easiest path, I want the easiest path.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, I can't listen. Man. I done got back into this thing. Man, I'm up here. You know.
Speaker 1: I was trying to stay away from it for a long time, like trying to stay away. But I'm back into it now and it's it's giving me the same thing I did. What I'm playing, but I ain't even getting the check on Monday. That makes me feel better when we lose. No, you know what I'm saying. I just just now you getting turned up to de bo. I already feel like, you know, man, we can't.
Speaker 2: Bro we can't. We can't do no live. Man.
Speaker 1: We do a live, we do a live show, man, Like I did a live with I did a live with Ben. But I kept it. I kept it, you know, I kept it low check during the game, like, yeah, I keep it. Yeah, I was in it, you know, I kind of You gotta really, you got to really bring it in. You gotta get inside, like because you feel you want to say that you can't.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You know, you know how you know you know what I was saying when we were Yeah, you quick react. I'm quick, quick to fast, and I would say something reckless as hell too.
Speaker 1: I'm aa go back to I'm gonna go back to Manber, the one player he had about seven years ago.
Speaker 2: That's the same thing. Mm hmm h h