Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome to this special edition of Don't Be fool By the Kids that I got. I'm still I'm still trending from the block.
Speaker 2: That's a.
Speaker 1: That's A. That's that's Jay because we're gonna be talking about Jo in a little bit. Uh. And I am Miles and I'm joined here by Becca Ramos. How are you? Becca?
Speaker 3: Hello? Hello, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Okay, were you naming there?
Speaker 3: I felt like you were moving.
Speaker 1: A bit of a like a single lady.
Speaker 3: I'm always dancing, And I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, are you always dancing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just always moving like I'm always yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right right. Your dynamic, your dynamic, your.
Speaker 3: Mercury pumping all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, good to have you. Let's talk about some of the trends that are happening right this moment. Montana is trending because Greg Greg yeah you know Greg over, Montana Governor Greg jian Forte, who I believe body slammed a politician many years ago in a previous campaign, anyway, has banned TikTok in Montana. Now what that means?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even think they're really possible.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's going to take effect in January, and it's naming Tiktoka. They're basically prohibiting the app from operating within state lines. So it also outlines potential finds off ten thousand dollars per day for violators, including app stores found to host a social media application. I don't know, like how you're gonna I don't know recalate that, and many more than that. It's like, how are you going to win a lawsuit that doesn't that for this is clearly like infringing on people's like First Amendment rights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just have so many technical questions of say you are someone who resides outside of Montana, you happen to visit Montana, let's say on a bachel atte party, because it does seem like ladies are going to Montana lately. You go, and so you're not allowed to use TikTok while you're in Montana even if you don't live in Montana.
Speaker 3: Like is there any person visiting Montana?
Speaker 4: And or is it like the Apple Store will restrict downloads in Montana?
Speaker 3: Like it won't have it on the Apple Store?
Speaker 2: Of if you like you're asking you to make technical questions, this is just a drum up sends Yeah, it's just to keep the steady beat of you know, Chinese suspicion going in the government because, as he even says, it's to protect Montanans, uh, their data from the Chinese Communist Party.
Speaker 1: Sure, man, good luck with that. Man, Like your kids hate you, that's pretty much what's going on there. Uh so, yeah, good luck with that. I mean, like that's already like a can of worms, like when we were talking about even when they were talking like they had the dumb idea in Congress to do it's like how yeah. Also like people like people are making a living off of that ship. Yeah, what the fuck are you doing? So we'll see. I mean again, it just feels like more you know, more red red state, red meat, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even the mommy bloggers, you know, they're making i'd argue, very exploitative money off of talk.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, exactly. So let's see what else is trending. The star Cruiser is trending. The Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser in Orlando is closing this fall sometime in September.
Speaker 3: Now I'm collapsing to his knees right now.
Speaker 1: Is your dad also a Star Wars manchild?
Speaker 3: Like me, Oh, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: That's believe.
Speaker 1: Can I take your dad?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: He would You're dad, okay cool because I know Dolly.
Speaker 4: Kid himself, who is a Star Wars manchild. He would love to go with you.
Speaker 1: Just yeah. I mean because this is like to me, I'm like, oh shit, the fucking clock is ticking because I was like, oh shit, I want to do that. I mean it's expensive. That's the only thing that I'm like, uh, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, Like, yeah, my parents went two years ago. It was I think summer twenty twenty one, so they did get the experience at least one more time before it all ended.
Speaker 1: Oh he's he's been on the star cruiser. He went on the hotel thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, I'll.
Speaker 1: Dress up the whole time he was there. No board, he didn't visit the whull time. Oh man, Uh yeah. I mean he's not.
Speaker 4: That committed, you know, but he likes to go and joy and take photos.
Speaker 1: I will say this. Holly, who hosts Stuff You Missed in History Class, massive Star Wars fan. She describes herself as a rabbid Star Wars fan. She says, I have rabies. I think she's been on that ship like three times, and every time I ask her, I'm like, yo, how little. She's like, It's the best fucking place I've ever been. And she dresses the fuck up. It's so weird. All they're saying is like, we're closing it and we love that we had this bespoke boutique experience and we were going to apply what we've learned here to like other experiences for people to know. Again, I'm like, I hate when I become such like a hoe for Star Wars, but I'm sorry, I want to live on a space ship.
Speaker 4: And I feel like they had a few because my parents were a Disney family.
Speaker 3: I know, Sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Did you see that fight that happened at Disney? What do you see that fight? That fistfight that broke out where people want to take a picture in front of like the little garden thing, like the little flower display. You know, these people were scraping this one who beat the brakes off another dad.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, no, my parents may go, or they used to go, like every year every other year. It's like the only family vacation we go on because my dad hates traveling, so we always go to Disney. World, and they do like the whole nine yards, like we stand the property, we do the mail plan, we eat at the restaurants.
Speaker 3: So you know, my parents are like all about this kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: And I feel like they've had a couple of these themed hotels that have been hit or missed, but I feel like this is one of the ones that was like it was a wait list to like get in and like rent and yeah stuff. Because they have another one that is over by Magic Kingdom. I don't remember what that one is, and then they have like the Polynesian right right, right, Yeah, So I'm shocked that they would, after the anticipation of this star Cruiser to shut it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it must, I'd imagine, knowing how businesses operate, it's that they don't want to it's too expensive or something, or it's not making enough money. But I can't believe that because I feel like, again, there's whatever. I don't know, unless you.
Speaker 4: Think from a spectacle place, like they are transitioning to more Marvel stuff and they might change it into a Marvel hotel.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, Like you can still look, you fucking capitalist, you can still make money off of us, literally, we still throw our fucking dollars at you because we want to pretend that we are fucking Han Solo and shit, I don't know, man, I don't know. It's too much, it's too much, too much zeigang. If you've been in it's bullshit and underrated or overrated, let me know because then that'll probably free me.
Speaker 3: My dad took pictures and he didn't stay at that one.
Speaker 4: They always stay at the one that is connected to Epcot where they can like because they like that you can take this little ferry to Hollywood Studios and oh yeah, yeah, could walk to Epcot. Like it's the perfect location to be the most central, I think to all of the parks because it's like only a fifteen minute bus ride. Too much Kingdom and obviously the uh Antal Kingdom is the farthest way, but that's because it's like legitimately like far away from everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't remember which.
Speaker 4: One it is, because it's like Boardwalk or Broadway. There's like it's on the Boardwalk one. They always stay there, but I think they went and visited because you can eat at the different restaurants. You know, there's a restaurant in the Star cruisers, so they I think had reservations there, so they like got it.
Speaker 1: I don't even think you can't even get a fucking reservation now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, they stopped like after COVID and like I think after my parents went that was the last time that Disney's like customer experience is really good. Even then my parents were like, we don't know if we're going to go back to Disney for a while because it was such a bad like customer experience. They had taken away a lot of the privileges for people who are loyal like Disney folks. I mean, we've talked about in TDZ where they like, you spent all your money going here, and now they're like having this expensive thing for like the park passes, and like you can no longer just like like get access to certain things up paying an extra premium. They're not doing the meal plan anymore, they're not doing reservations.
Speaker 3: It's just like a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, it is what it is. It is, you know whatever, whatever, I'll just I'll just get really high and watch Star Wars or some shit. It'll be enough. What else. The Supreme Court is trending because they've been making some actually you know, decisions that make it seem like people are onto them, that they are a fully politicized body of bribe taking freaks. But this time they came down on the right side of you know, the photographer's copyright suit. So this is from a photographer by the name of Lyn Goldsmith who took a picture of print but Andy Warhol then use like that image to make art and basically they ruled in Lyn Goldsmith's favor this photographer seven to two that the that Warhol's images did not constitute a fair use under copyright law. We know about that as creators, you know, it's a transformative et cetera. But this is going to reverberate through a lot of creative industries because essentially what it's saying is like, yeah, man, if you have copyrighted work and other people are trying to like flip that shit, especially in the age of AI and stuff, uh, you may be able to claim some seek some damages there. So yeah, which is great.
Speaker 4: It's a great move I think for artists and creators. Even though this is a case that is like from the eighties question where I wonder what brought it to the Supreme Court as of late or like, has it been on the docket for that long?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's probably just I wish I knew how any of it worked. All I do is I just make stuff up on the fly. I don't even know who Clarence Thomas is. To be honest, I think he's cool. I don't know. Uh, he's black, so he's cool. Right, No, folks, oh no, he's not doing right. But oh no, wait wait, skin folk and kinfolk, no please, Clarence, no, please, what am I reading? Wait? I did a hole. I did a hole behind the Bastards episode series on him. Yeah, that's right, I remember now he sucks. Al Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about some other like one interesting thing and then two psucky things. But I'm sorry, that's what's trying to We'll be back back, and we're back. Let's start off actually with Ronda Santis, because we were just talking about Disney and Florida. Anyway, this man is on a tear of anti LGBTQ bills right now. He went and signed like a bill at like a liberal college, basically being like man DEI is over in the state. Fuck it, it's illegal, It's banned a few other terrible don't say gay bills, and one of the worst transgender bathroom bills ever of all time goes to Ronda Santis. The way this bill is worded is that basically, if a CIS person is in a bathroom with a transgender person and they they're like, I don't know this person might be trans, an employee can tell the transgender person to leave, and if the person does not leave for any reason, they will be charged with criminal trespass. This is like, it doesn't even work, like what like essentially, it's like you can't even use a bathroom if you're tramp. It's logic. It's absolutely fucking nonsense. But again, he's on a tour right now because he's really I don't again, because he's not like charismatic and like he kind of looks dorky in pictures. He's trying to go for full cruelty, full pain, as you know how he's going to differentiate I guess from Trump. But my god, like every every fucking bill that he signs gets fucking worse and worse and worse, to the point like when are you just gonna do like summary executions in the strip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, and it's kind of the point. I mean, obviously, it's been very much in the media of like Disney battling Desantists right now, but an article as you were talking about that just popped up of how Disney's shutting down like a billion dollars worth of business in Florida because of all DeSantis is bullshit. So you know, it's like a weird battle that I'm glad Disney is fighting.
Speaker 3: You know, they could be doing more and others.
Speaker 1: But again, it's a bad situation, and you're like, who do I root for? What the fuck? I feel like Larry David in that Palestinian Chicken episode when I'm which, who am what?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: Why? Uh So? Yeah, I mean, oh my god, I may may his reign last for not long? Please yeah, get out of here. I mean, but it sounds like a lot of democratic operatives are starting to feel a little bit better about. You know, they're like potential for wins in the States. I mean, I've seen those maps. They are carved up and cut up against the odds. But hey, whatever needs to happen, because I know it's like like most states, you know, It's like it's not everybody there is a DeSantis man. A lot of people just fucking end up caught up in the fucking culture wars that they're stupid ass governors to throw down because they want to pump their little presidential peepees up before they run for the primary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's the same.
Speaker 4: I would say Florida is in a similar boat as uh, Texas has been with Greg Abbott for years and years and years and years.
Speaker 3: There are a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people in Texas that are not his fucking biggest fan, as they should not because he is absolute fucking vile vitrial of Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Again, it's like even too, like I I know people live in Texas that are not Abbot fans, and they're just kind of like, I don't I this is fucked up, Like I don't even And now, especially to a lot of people who you know latinx' Hispanic people, they're like they the funk. They're like signing bills that are trying to outlaw like brown people, like do I should I live here? I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's actually horrifying for like to the level of the santras Is for Florida for trans people. Greg Abbitt for years has been terrorizing Texas.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean think of how he just vilified like those people who were killed by the guy who was like shooting his gun. He's like, well they were legal immigrants. Like wow. But again, they're they're speaking for a rapidly dwindling audience of people, so you know, the next step is just full scale fascism. What else The Dodgers. I gotta say, La Dodgers, what in the fuck are y'all doing? This is a fucking shame. It's a Shonda Rhymes, the La Dodgers. On Wednesday, they're giving an award to the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, which is like this group of fundraising group LGBTQ activists. Like they dress up as like, you know, sort of like campy Catholic figures and things like this. But they're they do is they fundraise for great causes. Uh, because of like the outrage of people like Marco Rubio and they're like this is it. This is an anti Catholic extremist group. And they they like about indoctrinating your kids, et cetera, et cetera. You know, like also you know, they're like a charity like drag group. The Dodgers are removing them from their annual Pride night.
Speaker 3: That makes me sad.
Speaker 1: Because of fucking creep ass right wing pressure. This is not fucking Florida, man, This is whatever I mean. I wish I could say better about the owners of the team, but that's clearly their decision and they felt it's not worth it to us to I don't know, actually recognize a group that's doing good simply because they're in drag and you have enough fucking screaming Twitter avatars telling you that this is bad, such a fucking bad look. And again, like just on the heels of talking about Rohnda Santis, like this is the time when if you have the ability to do this to platform people or to align yourselves with them, you should be doing it rather than fucking caving to these these really really terrible people. Have to put it lately, that's a euphemism. Really really terrible people is a euphemism. That's the best I'm gonna do right now. But yeah, so cool. We'll see what charity or like what group they are going to replace for like their sort of like community Hero Award which is what the group, the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence were going to receive. But yeah, we'll see what they do. Just shows you, like, man, shit is going backwards. Me, it's sliding, which is why we have to be very on top of it as just like people to be able to like call it out as soon as you can with whatever voice we can. And then Jennifer Lopez is our final trending topic. She she recently gave an interview about how she is racked with guilt that her fame makes her the life of her twins Max and Emmy just so quote unquote hard, and she says, quote I did that to them, which feels a little bit like you're patting yourself on the back, and like that's how fucking lit I am.
Speaker 3: My life is. My life is so good, I'm in my kissler so hard.
Speaker 1: My brand is so fucking powerful that my kids are like fucked up and miserable, and I feel bad for them, you know, but I did that, you know how you know me, I'm Jenny from the block. Shout out to those kids, though, But I get it, she I overall, it's more just like you know. The interview more reads about like how she's just really as a parent, wants to protect them, and like this is one thing because being the twin children of Jlo and Mark Anthony, you know, they got a lot of attention.
Speaker 4: I do wonder because I mean not that I am following Jlo's social or anything like that or keeping like super tabs with her. Besides like this stuff that goes like incredibly viral. Yeah, I don't feel like her kids are that much in the spotlight because me either not to call Jayla or.
Speaker 3: Not Ja Loo, not to call Mark Anthony like a deadbie debt.
Speaker 4: But he is a man who's had four ex wives, who has six children, Okay, he is spreading his seed far and wide, and is he that involved in all his kids' lives right right? So it's not like they're running on tour with Mark Anthony being bothered by Marc Anthony's fame in life. Jlo I feel like, has so many people on her team and she keeps it's a pretty like low profile for her kids that I don't.
Speaker 3: I just I have a hard time imagining.
Speaker 4: Their kids' lives as hard as maybe like the psychological terror that I'm worried about the Kardashians clan's children, you know, right right right, Like, I'm like, what.
Speaker 3: Is North going to be like growing up?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, we don't know. I mean I can only Matt. I don't know, man, I'll tell you this. And I grew like I talk about this a lot, like in the part of Vala I grew up in. I know kids that were stars themselves as kids, and I know kids who were the children of really famous people. And sometimes, like some kids are able to be healthy and have like their own way out of it. Sometimes if you live under a shadow, it can do all kinds of shit to your ability to like carve out your own identity, and it can take you a very long time trying to figure out who the fuck you are because everybody's like your so and so's kid. And yeah, I don't know. I mean I could see how it's tough. But like at the end of the day, uh j Loo did that, y'all did that? Yeah, that's what she said, she said, I did that. I mean, like, it's just so funny. Hell, Like, I love how that one line is being like like and and I did that to them by being so fucking famous, you know, what I mean, I could have I could have stopped, but no, you heard about I know and I and if the rumors are true, I don't let the help look me in my eye. And I did that to them too, And I did that because I am that all right, j Lo, you know, good for you. I'm glad. Uh, I'm glad you did that though. Good luck to your kids, good luck to them. Yeah, max Emmy, if you want to come on the podcast, let us know. We'd love to hear all the dirt or just you know, we can just kind of have like a big open love fest and just kind of we can we can be here for you and here what's going.
Speaker 4: And there's still babies. They're not I think they're like fourteen or something like that. They're pretty Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a weird. That is a tough age though too, Like when people are like, yo, your mom is fucking hot, Like can you imagine what people are saying? You know what I mean, I don't know, or like your dad's has creepy eyes.
Speaker 3: Your dad like really loves women. He's really just like out here even I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, Max, E mean, call into the show. We'd love to hear from you. Let us know do we have it wrong because I'm look, I'm ignorant and I'm wiving you know who? J Lo Yeah for are okay? Let him know. Well, that's going to do it for us today on the training episode will tell you what's trending tomorrow obviously for that part, but we got a whole episode coming up for you on Friday. Please enjoy the rest of your Thursday and get ready for Friday, because we're almost there and the weather looks great right now. I love that, and I hope it is where you are too. Until then, you know, be kind yourself, behind each other, be safe, scientifically, medically, and stand up to all kinds of discrimination. And that's including this damn fucking homophobian transphobia that's running rough shot through the nation right now, because it's it's nonsense, and I think most of us realize, like, well, stop fucking around with our friends and neighbors, all right, y'all, We will catch y'all later, and take care of yourself.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,