Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt.
Speaker 3: Our colleague Noel is off on an adventure, but will return very soon.
Speaker 4: They call me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer, Dylan the Tennessee pal Fagan. Most importantly, you are you. You are here. That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know, and we are so pleased that you ad join us this evening on May twenty second, twenty twenty five. In fact, Dylan, Matt and I have had some dreams about this moment occur, and we're going to tell you why our dreams are in this sense predictive or in this case. But before we do that, we've got to get a little bit YOUNGI in and dig through the super consciousness for some rut.
Speaker 5: To begas, I sense a disturbance in the root, to begas.
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 2: How did you even?
Speaker 4: Wow? We are never not doing this bit, folks. We hope you enjoy it. If you are, if you're irritated, If you don't think it's as cool as we do, then we kindly invite you to write directly to our complaint department, Jonathan Strickland at iHeartMedia dot com, available twenty four hours in the evening, seven nights a week.
Speaker 3: Make sure to include specifics on how you would improve the route Bega's segment.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, walk us through it. And we also are aware that there's a ton of purported dream interpretation right symbolism of dreams, and mattaw is looking this up earlier before we recorded. There are even in trees or theories or interpretations about what a Roota Bega means in a dream. According to askdreamorcle dot com, a source with which we are not super familiar, dreaming about a Ruta Bega expresses that quote, if you are single, love will knock on your door very soon. You are doing your best trying to balance various aspects of your life. The truth will be the perfect ingredient for trust to grow in your relationships. What I don't know it goes on? Do you want to know the rest?
Speaker 3: Or what I'm going to counter you with psychologist world that says to see turnips growing or ruta Vegas denotes that your prospects will brighten and that you will be much elated over your success.
Speaker 4: There we go, I like that, I like this, like daily newspaper horoscope column vibe for the Rude Bega. A friend will ask you to forgive something that happened a long time ago and that hurt you at the time. There is a force that is drawing you toward a certain direction, thinking or happit what you're not letting anyone stand in the way of your goals.
Speaker 3: For a young woman to sow turn up seed foretells that she will inherit good property and win a handsome husband.
Speaker 4: So there's a lot of romance to dream, Ruda Begas that we were not aware of. Right, it's fair to say neither of us were aware of this. Well we know now, we know now if we knew then what we know now? Right, This is our of course, our listener mail segment. We're going to do something different because earlier previously on stuff they don't want you to know. We went through yet another of our dream phases, and we asked all of our fellow listeners, all of us playing along at home, to share dreams that stood out to us in some way, particularly dreams that appear to violate the known laws of physical or linear time, by which we mean dreams that predict or foretell the future. This is an ancient belief. It is quite controversial in the world of modern accepted science. However, statistically speaking, you have yourself experienced something like this, or you have met someone who believes they have experienced something like that. So we're going to hear from can't Sleep, We're going to talk with Cheese, We're going to take a word from our sponsors, and then I don't know, Matt, what do you think? Maybe we start with old Klamari.
Speaker 2: Calamari it is.
Speaker 3: And we've returned, jumping straight to Calamari. Kalamari says on a recent episode, you all asked listeners to submit experiences involving prophetic dreams. I've experienced a handful of dreams that have come true in the past, usually involving things associated with strong emotional attachments. The first occurred when I was in grade four. When these do happen, they don't feel like normal dreams. They're more like a memory. I say that because I can remember distinct details like smells, jumping out for a second, we just talked about that, right, smells very strong in dreams, though not for me for some reason specifically, but they don't.
Speaker 4: The interesting thing here, Kalamari, is that a lot of people do not report smells in dreams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so let's jump back in. Calamari says I can remember distinct details like smells, the way dust particles move through nearby sunlight, how a person is positioned, or what they're doing during the dream. One dream kind of confused me because in it I was talking to my mom as she was cooking breakfast. I suddenly started talking gibberish.
Speaker 4: Well, yodaj mayo da.
Speaker 3: And we do know that communication is sometimes very strange in dreams. Often it has been reported that writing or like looking at language is difficult to understand or incomprehensible.
Speaker 4: Which is weird because they again like the the studies regarding smell or old factory stimuli. I'm I'm not bragging. I can read in dreams and actually read a lot of cool there. But the I don't know if I should occursed on that one. But you're absolutely right, Matt. It is it is common that due to dream logic, the dreamer can understand and can recognize this symbolic platform or avenue of communication. This character is speaking, this book is open, I am reading this piece of mail or whatever. But then if you try to concentrate on it, even lucid dreamers can find that quite difficult.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I find that difficult.
Speaker 3: Jumping back to Calamari, caller says, we're having the dream about mom cooking, smelling everything. Otherwise, it was much like my other dreams that have come true. The following morning, I went into the kitchen because I could smell that breakfast was being made and saw moms standing there preparing things as she cooked. I walked over to talk to her, and as we began talking, I realized that the way the sunlight was coming through the window, how my mom was moving, along with other details that things were going exactly as they were in my dream. Well, let's talk about that really quickly, mm being mom cooking breakfast around the same time in the morning. How just realistically, if we if we pull back completely as objective as we can.
Speaker 4: Because she's already in situ in media arrests, she's already cooking, which means smells are being generated.
Speaker 3: Smells are being generated the light is probably coming in through the window in a way that you have seen before because of you know, this is the way the sun enters your home at this time of day during breakfast time. She moves the way Mom moves, So she's moving in the same mannerisms, the same you know, movements of her legs and her arms as she always does. Just saying this doesn't mean in my mind or think objectively, that dream version of Mom doing that thing exactly that way, looking like this is because of the dream. It could be this is what Mom looks like making breakfast.
Speaker 4: But here's the interesting part though, right, because it continues and I agree with you, so uh, Calamari, you continue and you say, you know, I walked over to her. As we began talking, I realized the way the sunlight was coming in through the window, how my mom was moving like you said, Matt, other details. Everything is exactly as it was in my dream. I started to tell her about my dream. Then I realized I needed to head outside and told her what was going to happen, and it did. Importantly, Calamari does not clarify the predictive hinge here, right, and this is a deep deja vous in a way. And it was only years later, says Calabari, as I was telling a friend about this that had dawned on me. Why I was speaking nonsense during that part of the dream. It was the part where I started telling my mom about the dream from the previous night. I guess, says Calamari. My adolescent brain, when I was about thirteen or fourteen, wasn't prepared for that. And then Calamari provides us some very kind words but also an impetus for investigation. Yes, we need to know what the predictive thing was.
Speaker 2: Was it significant?
Speaker 3: Was it something small like a robin's gonna land on that branch right now? Was it a dog's gonna get hit by a car out here?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Like, what was the thing?
Speaker 4: What was the thing? And we need to know what the thing was, especially because in our opening statement here Calamari, we say the dreams that come true have strong emotional connection, right or resonance, and that's something that's something fascinating. We thought this was an especially great correspondence because of that nature of smelling a thing, right, And it's pretty clear I would say that Matt Dylan and I strongly suspect and are asking if maybe the smell that was happening in the real world informed your cognition or your virtual reality. But to know that, we have to know exactly what you were asking about. Dude, Is it something small that changes? Is this the We're not going to date you too hard, but you're thirteen fourteen? Did you walk out and learn a significant historical event at the time you know?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, what I want to know is was your mom cooking the morning that you were having that dream?
Speaker 4: Right? That's exactly the question.
Speaker 3: Because many of our dreams, at least our most vivid ones, occur right before waking, like those intense dreams, the dream state that you get into where you wake up and you remember stuff that's right before you wake up. And if right before you wake up you smell bacon or something and you're smelling it while you're asleep.
Speaker 4: And you're hearing the sounds of cooking, perhaps these things can all inform these experience. Please check out an episode that we did quite recently on the concept of dream incubation, targeted manipulation of the dream state. Full disclosure. We just recorded that one. We have not heard it yet. Maybe you have. In another play of existence.
Speaker 3: Dude, Well, you know, I actually want to ben. Could we jump to the phone lines in this?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, let's do it. Let's do one here.
Speaker 3: Let's do one because it reminds me of something a caller said recently. Let's jump to Can't Sleep.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, this is can't Sleep. I love listening to you guys. I know a while back, I hope I'm not too late. You guys were talking about calling in talk about dreams, and I had a really crazy experience. So I always listen to a podcast when I go to sleep. Most of the time it's your guys' podcast, unless I've already listened to it. But I woke up the next day and I had the craziest, craziest dream. And then I've always been interested in dreams, so I was looking at like interpreting on I have this one dream interpreting apps that seems to be like right on point every time about what things mean. But on this particular occasion, everything I wrote in the dream ap like it. Nothing really came up that triggered anything that was going on, So I thought it was just strange what I was dreaming about. Then I listened to this podcast about dreams I forget where when, And the guy was saying this psychology was saying, like, dreams are basically when you're asleep, if your mind, if your brain and your ears ear noises or hear someone talking, it tries to best interpret what it's hearing and putting it into like visual form, like almost like a read this, you know, like it. It sends you images based on whatever you're hearing while you're asleep, because your brain's trying to tell you. So I thought that was really interesting. And then the next night I was listening to a podcast which was the next one on my list after the one that I had gone to bed listening to earlier the day before, and they were talking about like a golf course and Thailand and how they had to clear a bunch of trees and people were upset, and I had dreamt about driving a golf cart on the branches of trees, which was really really crazy because the guy had said that when you're asleep and you're hearing someone talking, that it will try to speak to you via images in your head and your dreams, right, And so that was it, and I was just blown away. So I think sometimes dreams are based on what we're feeling. But a lot of times, like if you fall asleep with the TV on or you're listening to a podcast, your brain is actually made turning those words you're hearing into images in your head. It's just it just blew my mind. So anyways, love your guys, so have a good one.
Speaker 3: There we go, agreed, right, It reminds me of what Klamari's saying, but in this case, in Calamari's bacon, Oh so much food, I'm hungry. But in this case, it's any sounds, any sensory input. Basically, your brain is specifically turning that into visual imagery, mostly visual imagery, because that's the that's at least the method of internal communication that's going.
Speaker 4: On, and it's racing through pre established synaptic roots. That's that's an important part of the translation exercise. We can't thank you enough for taking the time to contact this man, because this is speaking directly to some stuff that we were exploring together over the years and in previous evenings. I would say another way to think about it, or the dovetail on this would be to consider it a matter of translation, yes, but perhaps more importantly, a matter of contextualization. Within the pre existing sleep pattern or dream. I remember back when I used to drink soda. That's right, I was wild and I stopped drinking soda. I had a similar invasive sort of stimuli clearly affecting me. It was very like native advertising. I was fighting another ancient vampire. And then midway through, like the climactic third act you know, of all the daring do and John wickery of fighting the enemy, paused and said, okay, time out, and then held up a can of Coca Cola classic, cracked it open, drank it with that typical you know, we all know the coke sound like I'm trying to do all right? Hey hm dr pepper gross and no hesitation. Uh so the uh so. Anyway, the dream progressed or whatever version of reality I was in, and I later woke it was just after sunset and a person in the same area had literally opened up a can of something, and that must have been the external stimuli added to the previous context of existence that had triggered that. This does not mean these are predictive. It doesn't mean they're violating linear time. But already, just in the beginning of this listener mail, we see that there are a lot of baffling things at play, some of which science has yet to explain. I'm a crackhead for soda. Man will drink soda.
Speaker 3: Every once in a while, I'll let myself have a cheer wine or something as like a or one of those bottled Coca colas from.
Speaker 4: Mexico, the class ones pine sugar.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, or if I'm feeling really squirrely, Yeah, a pepsi. I think it's called zero now, I don't know. Pepsi zero sugar cherry.
Speaker 4: Pepsi zero sugar cherry. Something like that sounds like an operation we would be conducting if we were doing podcasts.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, dang, what's my aspertained intake like this week?
Speaker 4: I guess I could have one fast forward to Dylan say, uh, Senator again, I could either confirm nor to die any knowledge of what you call pepsi zero sugar cherry. Yeah. Sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's something like that. Oh wait, no, dude, I'm told I must. I must be a soda fiend. Still, I didn't even realize I was.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: My son?
Speaker 3: If he does something extraordinary, his reward that he wants is an IBC root beer that's what he wants. Glass bottled IBC root beer.
Speaker 4: Kid likes root beer. I always said he had a sophisticated taste. That's pretty advanced ballad, actually, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's delicious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, root beer is a dumb name for a thing that's not that bad.
Speaker 2: Sasparilla.
Speaker 4: Sasparilla sounds better. It's got a better mouthfeel, you know, and shout out to our British friends. Barley water is also not near as it satnds.
Speaker 3: Barley tea just to go off the barley Yeah is delicious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Barley is underrated, just like the root of Bega. We're going to pause for a word from our sponsors. Will return with more messages from you. We have returned. We're going to hear from Tellincore. Tellancore, you said the following, Hey, guys, you can call me Tellincore Phil. Free to use that name and my message on the air if you wish. That's how you do it. The cool nickname. We'll use your real name too if you want. No judgment, but just let us know. And you say telencor In the most recent Strange news program, you asked for people to send in predictive dream experiences. Hopefully you aren't regretting it. We don't, and you're not drowning in responses already. We are. But I wanted to share one that I had. Pretty mundane, but it's always stuck with me. Back in the year two thousand, I was in the midst of reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series and was eagerly awaiting the soon to be released Winter's Heart. I was right there with you, man. A few weeks before the book was released, I had a dream that I had picked up a copy of the book, and upon waking, I had a very clear memory of exactly what the cover of the book looked like. When I went to pick up this book in real life to Miami, the cover art was exactly as I had pictured it in the dream. Okay, so first question, did you see the cover art you know, liminally or subliminally and forget or was something else at play?
Speaker 5: Mmmm?
Speaker 3: Now this is a tough one for me because we're talking about the year two thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so AOL was a thing.
Speaker 3: Sure, you could get on the old netscapes and a couple of different ways to access the internet. Maybe there was a really low res version of this art online somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on a bulletin board, on some forum, et cetera. But maybe.
Speaker 3: But and by the way, did it come out in two thousand or did it come out in like a couple of years later, like two thousand and three, because that changes things. Three years of the Internet changes things.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, even back then. And with that mind, Tellencore, you continued to your point, Matt, and you say this was before the Internet made it almost impossible to avoid spoilers for such things. So, anticipating our question, Tellencore says, I don't believe I had somehow seen a picture of it before release and then dreamed of it. For that reason, Like I said, it's pretty trivial, but it has stayed with me. I wish I could have done the same for lotto numbers at some point, but no luck so far. Which also makes me think, what if you have a dream about lottery numbers? But the probabilities are so nuanced that by observing that sequence of numbers, even in a dream, you alter the reality of the waking world. Dude, dude, I mean no, but but it's fun to think about.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about this cover really quickly that if there was no spoiler? How do you imagine how many characters?
Speaker 2: Is this? One?
Speaker 3: Two, three, four, five characters and three horses on a cover like this?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: I don't I haven't read the Wheel of Time series? Is this generally what the covers look like? Are they all the characters like this?
Speaker 4: They're varying characters on the cover, So on the cover of different installments of the series, it is generally going to be that same art style. Okay, for the original publications what we see Oh gosh, I don't want to get too into detail here, but not all of these are the main characters there. There are many characters in the Wheel of Time series. But yeah, this is this is apropos to the previous books in the series. This is the ninth book of the Wheel of Time. And this looks like if you didn't have the language on there that says Winter's Heart book nine, Wheel of Time, author names stuff like that, then it might look like a somewhat generic or unidentifiable scene from a fantasy novel.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 4: And look, the art is great, by the way, We're not when we say generic, we just mean without the language, you might be able to confuse this with other paintings of interesting people on a snowy mountaintop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed. I again, I don't know the story, so I have no idea who these folks are or what they're doing. But I wouldn't I can't imagine that being just a generic image, you know that you conjured. If Telenkor dreamed that and then that's what it was and he hadn't seen it, that would be pretty cool.
Speaker 4: It's fascinating. I think we're asking the right question too, about the prevalence of the internet or online discourse at that moment. And honestly, you know, I would pause it that if people think we got to be careful. We don't want to prime folks too much back, but I will pause it that anyone listening, if you think about it long enough, you will remember or feel that you remember a dream you cannot explain that is in some way seems in retrospect predictive or clairvoyant, or conveyed to you somehow information that you don't believe you would have acquired otherwise. Hmm, I don't know, do you think so? I feel like also that's putting our thumb on the scale just a little bit. Because when you ask people to think about a specific thing that relates to them, depending on how you deploy the language, they're going to find something.
Speaker 2: You know, Oh for sure, let me talking about that.
Speaker 3: That's why all those horoscopes work and those dream interpreters and all.
Speaker 2: That other stuff.
Speaker 4: No, they're right about the root of Vegas.
Speaker 2: We are that part of handsome husbands all around.
Speaker 3: So let's jump quickly because this also relates to a caller Geez called in and I think this goes right to what we're talking about here with Tellencore.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, this is Jeeves, a long time listener. What I wanted to talk about is dreams that I have had in the past that were just innocent dreams or you know, premonitions or imaginations, the moments of imagination of me as a child later on, things that were not necessarily pivotal to my existence, but there's a lot of energy and memory around those moments, and they were moments that I had that energy from before I had those moments as a memory, if that makes sense. There's specifically a time when I was like four or five years old. I imagine myself working at a bar and a black shirt, and around the time that I worked at that far, I did have a black shirt and I did work at a bar that was very similar to the vision that I had when I was a child, which I don't necessarily think it was a vision. Again, I can't remember. It goes to me dreaming, and this is all based on memories, but you know, take it for what it is. However, there have been multiple instances of that where throughout my childhood I would have had a memory or a dream or a thought that's similar to a deja boo moment, where later on in my life I would actualize these moments and then kind of like point to myself like, oh, I manifested them, or something of that regard. However, there is also recently that study that kind of proves that the electrons that exist in every moment in time have been in every moment in time, and with the way that the human mind works and with the way that information is processed and transferred and how we're all kind of like acting as one large motion picture all at once. You know, if you take the human consciousness out of observing the human consciousness, then you do kind of get this, just like all encompassing motion picture that is all taking place within itself almost instantaneously, because again, if you don't have a human consciousness, you're unable to.
Speaker 5: Observe that time.
Speaker 6: But those are just some you know, things to think about. I'm running up on my time, so I'm gonna go ahead and just say that I love your guys to show and I hope that you guys keep up the good work.
Speaker 4: Che's out, Che's out, Che's out. As our we collect catchphrases, man, and you just nailed it.
Speaker 2: Cheese out, munster audi uh. Fantastic stuff here.
Speaker 3: This concept of taking human consciousness out of observing consciousness.
Speaker 2: Goes back to the old days.
Speaker 3: Spend with the Grant Morrison stuff. The snake that is existence, right like if you could have if you can imagine a human being in every place they have ever been, like every physical place on the planet they've ever been, and then just at that as one snake that goes all the way from the beginning until death.
Speaker 4: Did you ever read the graphic novels based on HP Lovecraft's work Providence. Also, Nameless is another good win for this, and I know you love Nameless. Nameless is an age appropriate Buddy, comedy in space for everyone. No, buy it for children.
Speaker 2: Stop. It looks like it would be It looks like it on the front.
Speaker 4: But I'm bringing these two tangentially related works of hopefully fiction to bear here because that they both explore the concept of the trappings of linear experience of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't know that specific study that Jesus referring to about the electrons that exist in every moment and time have existed in every moment.
Speaker 2: I don't know or understand that necessarily.
Speaker 3: That's that's above my head, at least in this moment as we're discussing everything, I get everything everywhere, all at once.
Speaker 2: Concept.
Speaker 4: Maybe, yeah, it's there. It's part of it goes into the mystery around their designated sort of orbital roots, Like if every electron is a mailman or a planet, why do they also seem to exist outside of where they're predicted to be. Do check out our episode recently published on Whether or Not We Can Break Physics, which gets into a little bit of this.
Speaker 3: Yep, just makes you feel unsettled in my experience, But.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 3: What was the other thing we were talking about recently that humans with our consciousness decode information one second per second, yes, and then time though, however, can function very differently.
Speaker 2: Outside of our observation of.
Speaker 3: It, so that that that concept again hurts my brain a bit. But I can understand that because our again, our processing power is a one second per second.
Speaker 4: Unit top proven speed so far.
Speaker 3: But if you imagine, you know, the way you can capture light at incredible broken down speeds with certain like phantom cameras and other cameras like that, you can truly see stuff moving at a whole different speed if it were interpreted that way.
Speaker 4: It's fascinating. It's also a question of that that outside perspective, right, Please don't, please don't confuse what we're saying as a beat by beat exploration of ego death, which is another philosophical concept. Right. But the idea then is that let's expand it a little further. A being from a different set of dimensions, or with different sensory equipment to experience the universe in a different manner. It may look at human beings in a very bizarre way. You know, depending upon how you perceive time, people might just look like a series of segmented worm moments of movement and age that all exist as their own sort of little individual spaghetti string. Yeah yeah, I'm fun at parties.
Speaker 2: Spaghetti guys, double spaghetti guys over.
Speaker 4: There, Welcome to ultimate reality. Everyone is a creepy fun doodle or what are those guys called inflatable guys?
Speaker 2: Car stores used car air dancer boys.
Speaker 4: There, we go, used car air dancer boys. And also it also reminds us of maybe one of the best ways to put the science into spirituality. Here is the Old the old work by the legendary David Foster Wallace. I'm paraphrasing, but it's an old fish in the ocean goes and passes by these other two fish who are younger, and the old fish says, hey, boys, how's the water? And the two young fish are like whatever, old man, And they swim around for a little bit, and then one of them looks at the other one and says, what the is water?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yea, So maybe that's time freak humans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, our sensory organs developed in this space right right at this speed. And as you're saying, if it's extra dimensional, especially then we would be we be very funky, funky looking and acting and we'd seem really slow.
Speaker 4: I bet I stay funky. That's my dry cleaner. Stay funky, Ben, stay funky, you too, Dylan.
Speaker 3: Stay funky everyone. We'll be right back after another word from our sponsors.
Speaker 4: And we have returned. Before we get into our final piece of correspondence from our fellow listeners this evening, we we thought it would be appropriate to me don't do this often, but to maybe maybe share vivid or inexplicable dreams that we have personally encountered. Uh. The We're not saying that anyone can tell the future. That has not been proven yet, good luck DARPA, but we are we are hoping to commune indicate that a lot of people have experienced things they cannot explain. So who do we put on the spot first? Dylan inny weird dreams? Or do you want to tell us about a dream that terrified you, a dream that terrified me, or a dream that predicted the future? We're giving you options.
Speaker 7: Man, how many of that predicted the future? I just we were talking off air about when I was playing the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild when it came out a few years ago, that there's these creatures called lionels that look like centaurs and lions put together. They're very large, and they move really quickly in the game, and they're like one of the bigger battles. And I would play it for hours on end, and I started slipping into my dreams and giving me nightmares where I was having to fight a lionel and I would never win.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: Oh, dude, that's exactly you know what. That's perfect because we talked earlier too, in multiple episodes about how people can be primed by that kind of repetitive stimulus or stimuli. That's why you will dream of Tetris inevitably if you play it too often. I think we all did that. And then also, depending on whether or not your waking mind is cognizant of the things that have been pushed into your brain, you may feel like you are predicting the future. You know what I mean. I hope you don't run into a lionel. We hope you don't.
Speaker 2: I hope that's not predictive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's such a good news. Bad news. Good news, you've discovered an entirely new life form. Bad news.
Speaker 2: They're out to get you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're out to get you. That's funny. That's like bringing back what is it, resurrecting the mammoth. I would love a headline that comes out in you know, Popsy or TMZ or something says, good news, We've resurrected mammoths. Bad news. They're like just the worst nineteen eighties version of a rude person, you know what I mean, Like mammoths, steel skateboards, a vape or whatever. Yeah, no, it's the eighties. They would be smoking cigarettes, definitely, parliaments, okay, yeah. Predictive dream. You got a dream you can't explain?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I just have weird dreams. Sorry, that's all I got.
Speaker 4: No worries. One Briefly, this is in a I don't want to be too specific, but this is an a category that may be disrestling common to a lot of us listening along tonight. A dream that doesn't necessarily tell you to do a thing, but tells you to avoid a thing. This is not uncommon in parts of my family. There are multiple anecdotes. I don't have a bunch of you know, I have much other than anecdotal evidence for this, but I have at several junctures I have received a dream that tells me, you know, not to hop on a bus right, or not to get in the car and go in this place right, and then the next day something terrible has occurred. This has happened to me more than once. Obviously, if we're exercising critical thought, we could say you're just noticing the times it appears to have worked. You're not noticing all the times you said, oh, I had a bad dream, I'm gonna call him sick, and then Thursday was fine, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So I haven't had that before.
Speaker 3: That sounds really My mom sometimes will call me and tell me about a terrible dream she had or something and make sure I'm okay, and something weird will match up, but never, you know, never enough to be significant, I would.
Speaker 4: Say, right, And then it goes back to the way we experience time. So enough about us. We do want to hear about these experiences, and if you are, especially if you are skeptical and find yourself at a loss to explain you know that dodged car accident or plane crash, we want to hear from you. We're going to end this evening with a word from our pal Gravy danger Field gravy dangerfield. You say the following, I just listened to the Strange News segment where you asked for experiences with prophetic dreams and astral projection. I've never done anything like astral projection intentionally, but I've had a couple of dreams in my life that have completely up and died my understanding of reality, where I've been able to verify the dream with another person and get the closest thing I could expect to objective proof.
Speaker 3: The first happened when I was about twenty years old in college. I was having lucid dreams several nights a week at that point, so I was familiar with the experience. One night, I was sleeping next to a new girlfriend I'd be yeah, I'd been seeing for a few months, having a lucid dream where I was flying around my go to activity and lucid dreams perfect activity. Lucid dreams, as you may know, have varying degrees of control, and in this particular dream, I was totally in charge, which is why it startled me. When my girlfriend, let's call her m suddenly appeared. I asked her what she was doing here, to which she replied, what do you mean I'm dreaming.
Speaker 4: No, you're not. This is my dream, I said, no, it's mine. After a bit of back and forth and some other things, I woke up and.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, wait what other things?
Speaker 4: Oh? You know other things? Man?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, all right, let's be cool.
Speaker 4: So you wake up, Gravy, and you look at M beside you, and Gravy say. A second later, she opened her eyes, then quickly squeezed them shut, pretending to be asleep. Still. I told her I knew she was awake, and asked why she was acting funny, and she tried to shake it off as I just had a weird dream. Long story short. When I got the details out of her about that weird dream, it perfectly matched mine except for her perspective. All of the details were the same for both of us, including things like that I glowed with a green aura and that she had an orange aura. Our surroundings, our dialogue, everything matched up.
Speaker 3: Whoa, and here's the turn. The relationship lasted a few years. Well that's nice, but nothing like that ever happened again, at least not with her. I should mention that I was sober and clear of mind for both of these experiences, though I have otherwise dabbled quite a bit with various mind altering techniques, some of which the state did not approve of.
Speaker 4: The state being the government at the time, not the legendary MTV comedy Disgustus. Although that both things might be true, we don't.
Speaker 3: Get the state did not approve of and threw me in a cage overr oh, that's not great. During one such incarceration, I had a dream in which I floated up out of my body, through the wall of the jail and across the county to a separate jail, where I found an estranged friend of mine, and we let each other know that we were okay, but we had both been locked up.
Speaker 4: Now. The only indication I had that my friend was at this jail was this dream. I shrugged and sent off a letter addressed to her there anyway. The reply came about a week later that she had had a really weird, really vivid dream the other night that I came to visit her and tell her what happened.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I love dream communication as a concept. In the fifteen or so years since the second dream, says Gravy, it's all the same boring dreams we all have of losing teeth, fighting lionel and punching through quicksand but those two experiences still blow my mind to think about. And I'm as lost as I was the day they happened as far as explaining wtf it was that we experience anyway, Stay safe out there, Gobble gobble is the ending line.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, turkey, what do you mean call us turkeys? Gravy?
Speaker 4: Gravy dangerfield.
Speaker 2: Uh, get no respect over.
Speaker 4: This is exactly what we're asking about now, honestly, gravy. You may be surprised to learn that it's not uncommon for people who report experiencing these kind of dreams to describe auras. And I think it speaks to our earlier conversation regarding the idea of translating external stimuli to a largely visual medium in the brain. So maybe what might be experienced as touch, taste, smell, even appropriate reception or something, it gets translated as a color or energy around a person. Pretty cool, I guess we also. Did you see the news that people appear to have a low key glow that disappears upon death.
Speaker 2: I did, like actual aura?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we know people do have actual auras. Living things do have weak emissions of different types of energy. You just can't usually see it with your factory set of eyes if you're human.
Speaker 2: So we need to get aura glasses going on.
Speaker 4: We need to get aura glasses going on. They need to be tied to the right sleep technology. Yeah, the first thing we need to do is monetize the heck out of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, take them to the club, but also to the bedroom. You know what I mean. It's perfect Aura plus dreams equals. When you hear that.
Speaker 4: And ask about our new wet dlc.
Speaker 3: H, don't, don't ask about it becomes factory standard.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it does.
Speaker 3: Ben can tell you a quick dream I had last year this exact same time, according to my dream journal. Okay, ready, it's real quick, real quick, not prophetic unless it is. Okay, let me preface this by saying this is my dream journal, like directly, so I may have gotten things wrong or weird, but here goes et species resembling and functioning similarly to octopus, are trans medium, as are exoskeletons. Suits have chromatophor functionality, can mimic surroundings automatically. Base located under sea mothership returning several million years. There are observations ape genome unfit for advancement, as was reptilian insect variant, most successful experiment to be reset another several million yearsocus on new genome. Great, yeah, cool, that's it.
Speaker 4: I think it's great. I feel like that we could write that out to a story if you wish.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 4: I love the implication of the larger world at play, the iterative sort of Sisyphian pursuit of higher life and better understanding of the universe. And it reminds me too of ooh, it's creepy out. You and I are interested in so many of the same things. But I would love, I would love to hear more dreams like that. We have made a decision on the show that we're going to embrace other people's dreams. That's what you want to hear about them.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: So thank you so much, everybody, Gravy Danger telling the Calamari can's sleep.
Speaker 4: Geez, she's out, Gee's out. Folks, thank you so much for tuning in. Thanks, of course, to our life long suffering legendary producers Dylan the Tennessee, pal Fagan and Andrew Treforce Howard. We want to hear from you. We want to hear your thoughts skeptical, spiritual, metaphysical, and beyond on the nature of dreams. We're going through a dream phase right now, is what a lot of religious teachers would say. Nice little plots to us. At the end, you can find us online conspiracy stuff. Conspiracy stuff shows some derivation thereof anywhere you sip your social needs. You can also drop us a line at our email address, give us a call on the telephone, or you know, just say the right code word in your dreams.
Speaker 2: A code word like one eight three three std WYTK. What does it mean.
Speaker 3: It's a voicemail system. When you call that number, you're gonna hear some stuff you might recognize. Then you're gonna hear a beep, and then you get three minutes. Say whatever you'd like. When you conclude, make sure that in that message you gave yourself a cool nickname and you said whether or not we can use your name and message on the air. If you want to contact us in a different way, maybe with your hands, maybe with talk to text, why don't you send us an email.
Speaker 2: We are the.
Speaker 4: Entities that read each piece of correspondence we receive, be well aware yet out afraid. Sometimes the void writes back, were you a person dreaming you were a butterfly, or are you a butterfly dreaming you are a man? Shout out to the butterfly's dream, Shout out to Einstein's Dreams by the legendary professor Alt Lyttman, and shout out to the book recommendations you're going to share with your fellow listeners. We cannot wait to hear from you awake, asleep, hypnogogic, or somewhere in between. Conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 3: Stuff they Don't want you to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.