Speaker 1: You know, only the ogs are here on the weekend. Oh yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, the home of the Second Date Update.
Speaker 1: And if you haven't heard, we do have brand new merch for a cause.
Speaker 2: Second Date Up Date edition, first time ever I know, and it's so cute and the best part of it is one hundred percent of proceeds are going to La Wildfire Relief. I know that that feels like forever ago that it happened, but the work is really being done right now to build back.
Speaker 1: So go to the show links notes. What is your notes? Thank you in the show note there it is.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to say and purchase for you, your loved ones. Thank you so much for your support. Again, one percent of proceeds going to Convoy of Hope. And here is your classic Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Second Date Update Date. I'm not sure if you remember this, but a few months ago one of our listeners named Michael did an awkward Tuesday phone call because he had this female friend who was complaining to him about how lonely she was all the time. So he wanted to convince his best friend to date her just to get miss sad Face out of his hands.
Speaker 1: I do remember that. I can't remember how it turned out, but I remember.
Speaker 3: It, so doesn't really matter. I guess we did a good enough job helping him with that situation that Michael now trusts us completely, so much so that almost a year later, he wants us to do a second date update far Michael, it's good to have you back on the show.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's great to be back. Thanks for having it.
Speaker 1: Feel to lower your standards of advice this life.
Speaker 5: Well, I think you guys are going to help me out.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: It is our honor and privilege to be able to assist you with your love life today, Michael, So tell us what's going on.
Speaker 5: I want you to know that before I started dating, even before I had you guys help me advice with my friend, I was in a long relationship before then it ended messy, so I was definitely taking a long break from dating. But now I'm back out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, okayil I'm so all right.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm finally got on the app. But why I need your advice is somebody I met in real life, not on the ass.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fun. How did you do that.
Speaker 5: Well, her name's Meghan, and I met her at the grocery store.
Speaker 3: That's like such a stereotype.
Speaker 1: People say the best place to meet a chick? Did they really say?
Speaker 3: I don't know why, but.
Speaker 1: They say that. Wearing my hair pots to the grocery store.
Speaker 3: It's so romantic at the grocery store, especially when they have the thunder over by the produce section, the rainstorm. Dude, how did you need Meghan?
Speaker 5: There? Just we caught each other's eyes, and then we kept finding each other in almost every eyele.
Speaker 1: Oh you need bread too, I needed bread. That's kind of cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and to the point where, like she jokingly had to ask me, are you following me? With a smile.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you when women say that, it's like joking.
Speaker 1: But also on.
Speaker 3: The pepper spray. Yeah all right, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I asked her right back though, are you following me? That started off like a small conversation. We just talked about what was in our cart, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, you gonna make tacos tonight?
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys went deep on that first convo, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that led to me asking for her number. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got her number.
Speaker 1: Wow, Well that.
Speaker 3: Must make you feel really confident after, like you said, you went through that tough breakup for like a year ago. Finally going out into the world and meeting somebody that you connect with instantly.
Speaker 1: What have people been complaining about? This is so easy?
Speaker 3: It didn't lead to an actual date.
Speaker 4: It did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there was no ghosting involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look how jaded we all are in this room, Like you really met again? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Well you're jumping ahead. There was some ghosting. Oh okay, yeah, I mean we we did meet up. I suggested we go out for dinner and like at a restaurant, just to get to know her more. But she countered with just like, I don't feel like going out? Can we just watch a movie? And I said sure? And she suggested my place sign is it?
Speaker 3: Or I mean, like, are you?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like it's a good sign for just like a one night hangout situation.
Speaker 1: It's not a good sign if you're I just meant it's a good sign that she's comfortable enough to come to you.
Speaker 3: She stole Brooks line. I think it's so how did it go?
Speaker 5: I felt very comfortable and relaxed. We just all ended up doing. Was just watching a movie, had a couple of drinks.
Speaker 3: That way, you guys didn't fool around.
Speaker 5: That's no, didn't leave any of that.
Speaker 1: That's okay, it's the first hangout.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a books hang out.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong, Jeff.
Speaker 5: So, then I thought the night would go a little longer, but she said she had to go and get something from her car real quick. She's like, I gotta run in my car real quick. I didn't even think of it. I was having a good time, and that's when she just never came back.
Speaker 4: Lead whoa.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's something Alexis would do, Like she just doesn't know how I really would.
Speaker 3: Literally dip out, like, oh wait, I looved it.
Speaker 5: It home.
Speaker 2: When you're looking someone at a second bar, like a restaurant to a bar, it's like, see you there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little concerning though. Did you reach out to her afterwards?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was concerned. I'm like, I hope no one snatched her up or something like he did.
Speaker 4: I called.
Speaker 5: I even called the number, I mean, no reply for quite a bit, and then she finally got back to me, and all she just sent a text over and it just said, hey, sorry, it's not going to work out between us. That was it.
Speaker 3: We're so jaded. You're reight because I think that's polite. I'm like, that's nice heard but into his face. But it's weird that there's no explanation for why exactly after she invited herself to hang out at your apartment.
Speaker 2: But I don't feel like your own explanation after only one hangout.
Speaker 1: Jeff like that. That's a good point too. It's not like that's the same. But we want it? Do you want? Do you want to see her again?
Speaker 5: I just want to know what was the turnoff because I'm confused. Was it my apartment? Was it something I did? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like that you're blaming yourself. That's a good start.
Speaker 5: Okay, this might lead to me being embarrassed. Who care, Let's find out what I did so I can you know you're If.
Speaker 3: There's something wrong that you're doing, it's good to know it up ahead of time. So let's come back. We're gonna call Meghan for you. Michael, Oh, so weird Brooks husband and Brook's best friend's name. Don't think about that when we do our next year.
Speaker 4: And you took her live.
Speaker 3: Second date update right after this hold on second date update. It was the comeback after the Rome Mantic setback followed by a slight drawback. Okay, because our listener Michael finally got back into the dating game after going through a tough breakup about a year ago. Didn't find his match online though, found her in the grocery store holding two big candiloopes. That's Jose's dream of how they met, but her name was Megan, and eventually they arranged a little Netflix and chill night back at Michael's apartment, which went really well.
Speaker 1: And was her idea that was very important.
Speaker 3: Things kind of fell apart though, when she said she had to grab something from her car and never returned.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm wondering if she was hoping for something more that never was materializing.
Speaker 1: Watched the whole movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was the had to grab something from the car thing a lie, Alexis says, yes, from experience, but we.
Speaker 4: Don't know that.
Speaker 1: Yes, we do.
Speaker 3: She didn't know anything for sure. We do know it's not a good signs on what.
Speaker 4: A lie is.
Speaker 1: She didn't want to be there.
Speaker 3: Okay, she lied, yes, but again we don't know. We just know it's not a good sign. Also not a good sign. Megan texted him days later, confirming it's not gonna work.
Speaker 2: That's why I know after all those things, Jeff, I think it's.
Speaker 3: Very we needed to be impartial people in the middle here. Isn't that right, Michael? You want an impartial audience like I am.
Speaker 5: Very hopeful that I'm going to get something positive out of this. It will be an easy correction to make.
Speaker 2: I think your positivity is really sweet than if you hear the condescending tone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not hopeful to get another date out of this. It's not like trying to get her back with me. I just wanting.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's sweet.
Speaker 3: It's sweet that you think you can get better. Okay. We're going to try our best for you here, Michael. Let's call Megan for you and see if she answers and what she asks to say. Here we go, Hello, Hi, we're looking to talk with Meghan speaking.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, Meghan?
Speaker 4: Hey, Hello, I'm scared if I got a group phone call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I don't know if you realize you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yes? The show Meghan, Hi, guys, I guess okay. I don't know how to deal with this positivity. On the other end, we don't normally get this.
Speaker 1: We got too positive people that we've talked to.
Speaker 3: That's true. You don't know this, Meghan. But earlier the other positive person we spoke to was a guy named Michael that you went on a date with.
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We love his energy too. Yeah, gosh, you sound excited, but.
Speaker 4: I don't know what Okay, wait, you said Michael, like Michael called you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, because we're doing something called a second date update, we're trying to help him figure out if when you two hung out and did Netflix over at his apartment, if something went wrong during that night.
Speaker 2: Because well he knows something went wrong because you left and didn't come back.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't know what the problem was, if it was on your end, if it was something he did.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I cannot believe this is happening.
Speaker 3: A limited times, So we need to have you believe sooner. So start to believe. You're on the radio now, are.
Speaker 1: You excited to hear Michael's name again?
Speaker 4: I don't know if i'd say excited. Okay, Okay, embarrassed, absolutely, I thought it was what happened. Okay, I don't even know where to begin. I really don't even know if I sell.
Speaker 2: You know, we love humiliating stories. We are walking embarrassments to everyone that we know, like you were in the right company.
Speaker 3: We're really just trying to help out Michael because he's really concerned feeling like he did something wrong on the date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let me just say, I've never done anything like this before.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, Alexi says that on the first date too.
Speaker 4: Seriously, guys, I'm a good person, I promise.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about with anything?
Speaker 4: Okay? So I kind of didn't bump into Michael at the grocery store, like not by accident?
Speaker 1: What do you mean what?
Speaker 4: I don't know if he told you, like we met in a grocery store or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, you guys like randomly kept bumping into each other kind of multiple times in the store.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm kind of like I know his ex girlfriend. What. Yeah, Like we're in a book club together, so you know, we're girl pals. We chill, we talk, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you saw him in the grocery store by chance? Or you went there because you knew he was going to be there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of followed him.
Speaker 3: There because, oh why.
Speaker 4: He basically was like banking one day and she was like, my ex boyfriend won't give me back my guitar. So my thing leads to the next and yeah, so we kind of set up to, you know, run into Michael's.
Speaker 2: The whole thing was a setup so you could go in and steal her guitar back head.
Speaker 3: You leave with the guitar.
Speaker 4: I didn't steal anything that's hers.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, if that's what she says, is this one really happens at book club? You don't read any books.
Speaker 2: Yes, you do the book for like fifteen twenty minutes, you discuss it.
Speaker 3: And then you put revenge against all of your exes for the rest of the time.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it needs to happen, it needs to happen to anything. I mean, she's not getting revenge, she's just trying to get her guitar backed.
Speaker 1: That's different. I have had reconnaissance missions like this myself.
Speaker 3: I know that's like another twenty minute long story that we don't need to get.
Speaker 1: Into, but we don't need the important thing.
Speaker 3: That we need to get to here. Megan is letting you know that Michael is actually on the other line right now listening to this conversation.
Speaker 4: Way, it's fine.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not like you're ever going to see him again.
Speaker 3: Well, no, it kind of ruins your plan.
Speaker 1: What do you mean didn't she already get the guitar?
Speaker 3: Michael? Are you hearing this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I do not know what to say right now, Minchael.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I really am.
Speaker 5: That's what is unbelievable. Tell me, is a guitar from my house? Gone?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I slipped it outside the door when I went to the bath.
Speaker 3: That's so, I mean, devious coming.
Speaker 1: But Jeffery is like, doesn't You're stunned.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm shocked. I didn't see this coming because I mean, what is the history of the guitar? Whose guitar is it?
Speaker 5: It's my exes? Yeah, like, why on it? It was a gift. I just held onto it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It was a messy end. I don't want to get into it at all, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Trying to try to get it's a messy breakup. This makes it a messy.
Speaker 4: Like you were the.
Speaker 1: Issue some woman.
Speaker 3: Some woman hold like onto the sweaters from their ex boyfriends and cry. He holds onto his ex girlfriend's guitar and cries.
Speaker 1: And do it, which is expensive, dirty old sweatshirt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry, man. She just said like, basically, you kept making excuses, so I wanted to help her out.
Speaker 5: I just do want to see her kind of thing. It wasn't really about keeping it out of spider and anything.
Speaker 4: I will say, like, you are a really nice guy, Like you were really fitable, you were really cordial, You didn't try anything crazy, and you're not.
Speaker 3: Even mad hearing about this like elaborate plan to get the guitar back out from under your nose.
Speaker 5: It's more amazing that you pulled it off than why would I be angry about that?
Speaker 1: Amazing You didn't notice missing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he doesn't. He doesn't girlfriend's But is there still like, was there ever a romantic connection between YouTube Megan and Michael?
Speaker 1: You're going to make that happen.
Speaker 3: Isn't that the goal of this call?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Sorry, Michael, I was actually engaged, so.
Speaker 3: You went because you're engaged about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he knows all about it, and he thinks it's hilarious and.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, kind of funny.
Speaker 5: I'm happy I didn't make a move.
Speaker 3: So yeah, okay, well, clearly there's no connection between the two of you, but Megan, Michael did want to get some dating advice out of this segment. Do you have any that you want to share with him to maybe help him out going forward?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Michael, you definitely got to be more aware of your surroundings and don't bring people to your house.
Speaker 2: Okay, you notice someone stopped you to a grocery store.
Speaker 3: Just assume everybody wants to steal something from him. Wow, that is a hard real first date. Michael back in the dating world after a year. This is set up to get your guitar out of your apartment.
Speaker 5: Lesson learned here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.