Speaker 1: Reality with the King is hosted by me, Carlos King.
Speaker 2: I'm an executive producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real Houseboys in Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode, we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset, in addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted as well.
Speaker 1: Rain drops on today's episode Reality with the King. It's just the two of us. The boys are back dustin rotch.
Speaker 3: The two of us. That's right, me and Carlos. You can make it if we try. Okay, and we about to try, which is more than we can say for some people that we watched because Vicky didn't try worth a damn.
Speaker 4: Let's get into it, Carlos, Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: I've been waiting for a reason to to be able to definitively say that VICKI Gumbleson ain't shit. I got it in this episode. But I'm gonna follow you. I'm a whoa, I'm gonna ride your wave with this, but I just want you to ride Umbleson ain't ship just.
Speaker 4: Like I said, and I knew this.
Speaker 3: I had a feeling about this, and I got two examples of why in this episode, so we could continue though.
Speaker 4: Love the show though.
Speaker 2: Okay, well does that The beauty of recapping anything with you is it's always unpredictable and I never know.
Speaker 5: What to expect because that I was not expecting. But like you said, let's get into it, so rain drops today, we right here to recap The Real Housewives, Ultimate Girl's Trip, The Roaring twentieth Anniversary se.
Speaker 2: Andy Cohen, everybody involved to celebrate twenty years of a reality show. It's unheard of, especially a docu series, So shout out to the network to Andy Cohen.
Speaker 1: Just refresh you guys in case I'll been living under rock.
Speaker 2: The cast who are celebrating dustin this amazing milestone is Vicky Bicky from OC, Lisa Barcow from Salt Lake City, Portia, Dianne Williams from Atlanta Housewives, Giselle Kobe Bryant from Potomac, Teresa Udj from Jersey. Last, but certainly not leavest called Richards from Beverly Hill.
Speaker 1: So Dustin before we get to the recap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you are not only a reality show historian.
Speaker 1: You know the Housewives front and back as well.
Speaker 2: Now that I tell you the six women representing this milestone, do you agree with who they chose as the woman to represent each city?
Speaker 4: No? No, just going city by city. Porsche.
Speaker 3: I understand, she's the legacy face of the series. They had already used Cynthia when The Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip was already introduced, so Cynthia would have felt felt a little redundant, I think to the fans, even though they had already used Porsche too at this time. Porsia is the leg the leading legacy full time cast member on that show, and so her being chosen to represent Atlanta made since Giselle being chosen to represent Potomac made sense. Karen is compromised at the moment, and it could have only been Karen or Gazelle, So Giselle makes perfect sense, you know what I'm saying, even and that's not I'm not pitting them against each other, just to be clear, because I would have been fine either way that went, had they chosen Karen or Gizelle. I'm fine with Giselle being the choice, but it would have become been down to the two of them, so it made sense to me. Luanne makes sense when it comes from New York those ladies unless they're drinking and you know, riffing around and shit, then then there's really nothing there. And Luanne has a lot of personality she also and it's it's evidenced by her off camera real friendships with people like Cynthia, like they know Luyne.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So Luyanne being chosen and out of everybody from the New York Women, it just makes sense for Luanne to be chosen. She's got personality, she fit in. Teresa being chosen from New Jersey, duh, there's literally no other choice. Who has Kyle Richards duh for Beverly Hills the only choice but Vicki for Orange County. I was surprised at I was wow.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: The only reason that her her being chosen to represent that franchise made sense to me is because they were the first Housewives series. She was the first breakout star of a Housewives franchise, so it made sense from a legacy perspective. But Tamera would have been a much better choice to me to represent the OC ladies on that trip. I think we would have had more exciting conversations had she been chosen, but we ended up with Vicki.
Speaker 4: And we got to look at her.
Speaker 2: This is going to be a weekp for the books, and we have nine episodes to go through this season, so already no episode one is going to be just the kickoff in terms of this series. So I will say this, I think the elephant in the room obviously is the only thing that we all believe. Not to put words in your mouth, I'm assuming you'll agree with this. Yes, the only one that did not make sense to me. And nothing against Porta because everyone knows I'm or just like man at this point, right, So there's not anything that gets Portia. But I think we all know that Nini leagues made represent Atlanta, Like I think we all know that I think Portia of going records saying that obviously, look things have happened. Not to get into that, but that was the only thing that I was like, Okay, it would have been great to have Nini, I think outside of Nini.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this first, do you agree that if you have to choose, it would be Nini to represent Atlanta?
Speaker 3: If Nini had been in continuous good standing with the network and all all subsidiaries of it, then yes, but she hasn't been in it, no secret, So them choosing her to represent an entire franchise that she has a very storied history with wouldn't have made sense to me. I think that we're all speeding from our hearts when we say, damn, it would have been nice to have Niini, because they would have felt good. We would have We want to see her do well, and we want to see We've all That's been part of the fun of being a fan of Needing Leaks right from day one, wanting to see her succeed, wanting to see her continuously elevate, and celebrating her when she did that.
Speaker 4: So we would have loved to have seen that.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't make sense because she has walked away from the franchise, talked horribly about it, all of those things, so seeing her now just turn around and represent it would not have made sense. I do think that it was the right thing to do to have Needy be a part of this series, and I love the fact that the powers that be who make those types of decisions were able to make their let their good sense usurp their personal grudges with her and then re usher her back into the Bravo universe. This way, I think it was the right choice to do it this way personally.
Speaker 1: No, listen, I think so too.
Speaker 2: Andy has publicly said that there was no way they can have celebrated this twentieth year without.
Speaker 3: Her, but they can do it without Kenya. What does that mean for Kenya?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: I heard Andy say that and immediately I was like, well, damn, does that mean that y'all had the same conversation and we're like, well, we can do without Kenya.
Speaker 2: I think what's unfortunate is this, I think I think the unfortunate thing.
Speaker 1: But the Kenya situation is the brit Eadie lawsuit.
Speaker 2: I think, my opinion right right right, as a producer, a production company works with networks, I think unfortunately brick Edie's lawsuit going to prevent Kenya from being Umbravo until that situation settled.
Speaker 3: My oka, my opinion, that makes sense. That makes perfect sense to me. As a theory, that makes perfect sense and probably is the truth, right.
Speaker 4: That's that probably would.
Speaker 3: Explain it because when he framed it, when he phrased it, that way, I should say, immediately my mind went to Kenya more, did yourge touo?
Speaker 1: Yes, no, listen, the thing is for.
Speaker 4: Me, Carlos, that's another one, like what is why is there?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I do think the difference between Lisa Vanda Pump and Kenya is Lisa Vanda Pump walked away from the show, did not go to the reunion. She's obviously in good standing with Bravo. She has VANDAM Pump Rules is on a pause right now, but she has she she's a good standing with the network. The thing with Lisa Vanda Pump, which is fine. I'm not the one to trip off anyone's confidence or you gotta.
Speaker 3: Do you you think she thinks she bigger than the program?
Speaker 1: Loose oh the ross any thinking the Pump? I think she is the program.
Speaker 2: I still don't understand why she's co hosting the reunion.
Speaker 1: I'm like, why is she here? Like I don't why are you even president? Like I don't need you here anymore.
Speaker 2: She thinks she's bigger than the show, and I think, unfortunately, you know, she doesn't ever want to a knowledge how that show gave her everything she needed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well that would explain it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you saw Nieni up here with course what were and just seeing the dynamic before we get to the minutia of it, did you, as a fan of the show, feel like, damn, this woman is back and deserves to be back on television.
Speaker 4: I felt happy to see her.
Speaker 3: I was happy to see her on a screen with that Bravo logo in the corner in modern times.
Speaker 4: I was happy to see that. I wanted to see.
Speaker 3: Her current as current fresh, you know, talent on Bravo and seeing that was made me happy. Hearing her and Porsha have banter made me happy. We didn't get a mind blowing sit down with you know, groundbreaking revelations or a conversation in regard to her history with the network, because it just wasn't time for that. It was a fun scene where she went over Porsa's house to help her pack for this trip, and I thought it was a nice nod to Nini's time with the show. And it's so funny when they put her name in the lower thirds and down on the screen or whatever and showed her time with the show. I had never you know, you think about Nini being on the show and you think about her being off the show, and as a fan, of course, we acknowledged her break in season eight because that's when she had gotten the show to Tell the Truth with Betty White and Anthony Anderson and them on ABC, and she had she was doing something else around that too. Well, that was back in season five.
Speaker 4: This is in eight.
Speaker 3: She was doing that to Tell the Truth show and something else she was doing I can't remember. And so we remember she wasn't full time in season eight. She came back at the end, she was on the reunion, so there was a break there. Then we know she wasn't there during season nine, which was actually one of, if not the best season from a viewer's perspective of the show. Then she returned in season ten. But you never really consider that. You just think of Nini as seasons one through twelve. But when they listed it seasons one through seven and then nine through twelve, I was like, damn, her past on the show was kind of broken up. I just you just she hit such a big presence. You consider her to represent the show and have always been there until she wasn't anymore. But there were breaks taken, and I just it was just noteworthy to me that they acknowledged the breaks in their determination of her time on the show. I was like, oh no, so with that, Okay, you know she did take a break. I had just forgotten. I don't know, just something that made me go, h okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's what you're saying, like to acknowledge the break she's had. I enjoy the flashbacks of her greatest moments. Yeah, and I enjoyed her enforce as you know, bantered there. It was, yes, listen, I I want her back.
Speaker 1: On House Parts of Atlanta. It's not it's not my choice.
Speaker 2: Watching her with Porsche, it seemed so easy how they went back here because the last thing we know of her in Porsche is, you know, they got into a situation.
Speaker 1: They had a little you know, banter on social media.
Speaker 2: But to see that they were able to like get past that and kick things off.
Speaker 1: I thought, Nini looked amazing.
Speaker 2: The blonde was blonding, the hair was great, the body looked good.
Speaker 3: Rick Owens shout out to head her and there, Ricky, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: She looked amazing.
Speaker 2: And she's she's meant to be back on television. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King, let's get back into the show. The one thing I did notice though, and I was I was curious if you caught this. I had a moment of sadness for Nini as I was watching her and Porsche when it's not funny, but Porscha is such a beautiful light that really does me talking sometimes I'd be like, Porscha, do you see what's happening in front of you?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, girls, So like I would kinda and like these women that.
Speaker 2: Like like like these are women that my girl Nini kind of like came up in the game with.
Speaker 1: And Nini's face to me, to me, to me, to me, I felt a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of sadness in her eyes during that particular moment in terms of damn, like this isn't.
Speaker 1: Me on this trip with these girls.
Speaker 2: When when when Porscha was like you know Kyle and Nini touched her boos and.
Speaker 1: Was like I know Kyle and and I love Kyle. That's my girl. It was in those moments where I was like, I wonder for her.
Speaker 2: Was it weird to get these updates in real time from Porsche, who you consider your little sister on the show, and she's telling you, bitch, I'm going I'm going on a trip with the with the Season one girlies, because everybody on that cast a the Porsche dustin our Season one Girlies. So for me, I wonder if in that moment if Nini felt the reality that was hitting her.
Speaker 3: Well, she gave up her rights to that shit when she left the damn show on bad terms, you know, to put it plainly, And so I think that that we watched nine eat a piece of humble pie in that scene, the whole scene itself with Shady.
Speaker 4: When you think about it, you're going over there to help her.
Speaker 3: Pack, you know what I'm saying, while she's going on this trip with the old the founding Father, Mount Rushmore fucking housewives, and you're not a part of it because you elected to leave the show and then speak negatively about the network, the power players, all that other stuff. And so listen, I don't want to see anybody that doesn't deserve it just be incessantly torn down.
Speaker 4: Right. I was happy to see Nini.
Speaker 3: Get next to her glory as Bravo talent in that scene. I was happy to see it. I think that we have to keep our hopes and dreams realistic. They are obviously working through some stuff. And also, let's be clear, this is good business. Nini on that screen equates to dollars for the network flat out when it comes to her being a part of The Ultimate Girls Trip Roaring twentieth. Her being a part of this makes people want to watch it, so there's incentive on their side to include her. And she is now a hope experiencing some healing. Anytime you have a bad separation from something or someone, the healing process feels great once it starts, and so seeing her kind of repair her relationship with Bravo feels good, you know, And I'm fine with this.
Speaker 4: I would love to see Nini be a housewife, but is that going to happen? Probably not, do you think of plan.
Speaker 3: It can stranger things have happened, But I think there's a lot of I would imagine that Nini is going to have to fix some things, and that's going to take a lot of conversations, a lot of explanation, a lot of accountability. And I hope that she's able to rise to the occasion, and I hope the network is able to rise to the occasion and offering her an opportunity.
Speaker 4: I really hope that happens.
Speaker 3: But I also know that The Real Housewives of Atlanta is on a motherfucking road right now. The cast works and so interrupting that with the hope and hinging on the hope of on Nini just working out and being willing to participate and willing to make good television. That's a huge bet, Carlos, And you make television shows, so you understand all these dynamics you order on the show, and I do too. But you know exactly what I'm saying, We fucked this include her and then she get over here.
Speaker 4: And sit around or talk shit online, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, so there's there's considerations there that would have to be made. In a perfect world, I'd love to see her back on the Housewives of Atlanta, you know, but I don't know if it'll happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, like you said, stranger things have happened.
Speaker 2: Some people think it's strange, Dustin, that Kyle Richards is the longest consecutive housewife. And we learned this Dustin as the girls are meeting up and they're telling us a little bit of backstory about their tenure on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does that surprised you?
Speaker 2: Like, of all the girlies, Kyle Richards Beverly Hills is the longest running consecutive house housewife wish by the way, Tamra Judge says, it's really her, but that she feels that because she got fired for two seasons, that that's the reason why they want to say consecutive. But when you go through the number, Tamra has had more seasons than Kyle, do you are.
Speaker 1: You surprised by that factoid?
Speaker 2: Because you would think that of all the girls needing Teresa Tamra, that they would happen.
Speaker 3: Well, the key word here is consecutive and reading. You know, words mean things, and so I think when people try to eliminate the word consecutive from that conversation, it's based in ego. Because facts are facts, and the longest running consecutive housewife is, in fact Kyle Richards. That don't mean she means more to the network than anybody else. That don't mean she's better at this than anybody else. It means that she's the longest running consecutive housewife on that network.
Speaker 4: It's hers. I didn't want her to have it either.
Speaker 3: I wanted Candy to have it, but Candy quit and so she doesn't have it anymore.
Speaker 4: Okay, so now it's Kyle's. It just is what it is.
Speaker 3: When you try to remove that word so that you can now be in the conversation, that means that your ego on a piece of it. And I get it, you know what I'm saying, because it's a bragging right, you know what I mean. And it means that you are vested and rooted in a way in this universe that is significant.
Speaker 4: But you are or you aren't.
Speaker 3: So we cannot remove the word consecutive to include others in the conversation. The answer and the rightful owner of that title is Kyle Richards And that's just what it is.
Speaker 2: You heard it here first from Dustin Roll. So speaking of facts, Teresa said Dusta that she didn't ask GPT who is the most iconic housewife, and she said it was her. I wanted to see that as well, So Dustin I did go on chat GPT, uh because.
Speaker 1: You know, as a journalist, Hey, Portia, I just wanted to see it. You know, Teresa's my girl too, but I just want to see it myself.
Speaker 2: So Dustin, I did ask chat GPT, who is the most iconic housewife Dustin? Do you think they did say Teresa or was another name given?
Speaker 4: They said Teresa?
Speaker 2: According to chat GPT Nimi Leaks housewife, Teresa is number two.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, are.
Speaker 2: You able to tell me who rounded out the top five from chat GBT to Nini's number one, Teresa's number two?
Speaker 1: Who do you think? Five?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Candy, No, Lisa vander Pump.
Speaker 1: Yes, you got two more.
Speaker 4: Nini Teresa.
Speaker 1: One is white and one is black.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know who.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll give you.
Speaker 2: Be to our East Coast one black, one white, East Coast.
Speaker 4: Giselle Briant. You're warm Karen Huger, Yes.
Speaker 3: Oh well yep, her recent situation would push her into that stage. Okay, now white from the East. Bethany Frankel, Yep, yep, yep, yep. Okay, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: That's what it was. That's what it was.
Speaker 3: Nannie Teresa, Kyle Bethany, and Kani Teresa Bethany.
Speaker 4: Cancer.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I mean, hey, that's a strong five. That's a strong five.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So look, the gag is, look Teresa in the words of Dustin, but comes up the act it's on the list.
Speaker 4: The list, Yes, well, listen the word iconic.
Speaker 3: I guess we have to determine what that means in this case, right, because that that is what makes this conversation have so many moving parts, because how do you determine whether or not someone is iconic.
Speaker 4: If we had some.
Speaker 3: Stiff official criteria to determine that, then we could really get down to business. But unfortunately, it just becomes a popularity contest and you argue on behalf of your fave. That's why everybody can kiss my ask because I'll go to war about Cynthia Bailey in a New York minute, and you know I will, and Ebony K. Williams too, and Jordan you have yeah and will forever. Okay, It's just what it is. So we all have our favorites. Carlos loves Porsche. We all know what it is, so we do not get surprised when Carlos puts it to our neck about anything Porscha related, because we already know what to expect that And I hope everybody knows that from me about Cynthia, Ebane and Claudia because I will always go to war about them always, and.
Speaker 4: Stacy Rush too.
Speaker 3: If I'm being honest, I love Stacy Rush and I'm not having it about her flat out. Stacy Rush is on my list of Stacey's on the list. She's on my list of permanent protection.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is for you. Stacey's on the left.
Speaker 4: Nini used to be an Nini now.
Speaker 3: To be clear, Nini still is to a certain extent, because I can say stuff about Neini, but can't nobody else say stuff about Nini in front of me. Because I still love Nini. I still love Nini. I still am a Nini fan. I still want Nini to do well. I'm still happy for Nini. I just don't want Nini to get to a place like where she was during the season eleven reunion, during the season twelve reunion, during that season six trip to Savannah? Were they in Savannah, Georgia? Where were you all at? I don't want her to get to that place where she actually like she didn't give a fuck cause Cynthia was crying after she went in about Noel.
Speaker 4: No when Cynthia was was sensitive about Noel.
Speaker 3: That's where the shift came for me, and ever since then, I saw things differently. But love Nini, though and we'll forever have Ninie's back forever. And what's for the record, was emphatically happy to see her on Bravo screens that Sunday night.
Speaker 4: Was so very happy to see that.
Speaker 3: She looked good, she sounded good, she was exciting and funny, and that's the Ninni that we love, and so I was happy to see her for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I will say being around her, that's who Nini is today.
Speaker 4: Good a couple of years, I.
Speaker 1: Talked to her at least once every other week.
Speaker 2: She's real shit, that is Nini's personality right now.
Speaker 1: She's she's in the best place she's ever been in her life.
Speaker 4: I love that for her, and I.
Speaker 2: Know seriously, so I want to make sure to let the world know, like that's honestly in real life, off camera, who she is?
Speaker 1: Asked anybody who went to our meet and greets, Nimi.
Speaker 2: Was grabbing people, bear hugging them, buying shots of drinks for the audience. Like she's in the best I've known her for shit, seventeen years.
Speaker 1: I will say, who she is now is the best I've ever seen her.
Speaker 3: That's wonderful. That's wonderful, and that's what we want for her. So yeah, I love Nini.
Speaker 2: Now the one you don't love Vicki Govlson had a moment.
Speaker 1: So look Dustin on the boat. You know, Vickie. They're in Orange County. The first stop is Orange County. The girls are there.
Speaker 2: Vicky, you know, is hosting this and at some point Teresa does talk about.
Speaker 1: How you know she was going through this moment with Joe.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, as somebody who knows her too, I didn't realize and maybe because I'm older, I now get it, but she I didn't realize it was she was signing refinanced mortgage paperwork, which is how she was able to unfortunately get caught in what her husband was doing, which was mortgage fraud. So I thought that was really interesting to hear her say it. Vicky, as you know, is somebody who prides herself on being a career woman. And as Teresa is reflecting on this, Vicky is telling her and the girls that she's going to teach them lessons like ownership.
Speaker 4: She did a lot more than that.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Carlos, she did a lot more than that. Okay, this is the thing you on a real housewives show. Let's get in let's go there on a real housewives show, Being interesting on this show, on a show, on a show like this, does not require you to engage with people in ways that you never would in the real world.
Speaker 4: Right, That's not a pathway to being interesting.
Speaker 3: In fact, that's a pathway to tanking whatever the scene is, or tanking whatever the natural flow of the show will go.
Speaker 4: I'll give you a couple of examples.
Speaker 3: Think back to season twelve of Housewives of Atlanta when they were in when they were going through Snakegate, and they were in Toronto, and it was like a fever dream because Kenya and Porsche were on the same team going against somebody together and working together, using their brains together. It was it was, it was we were so we were on a high as fans. They finally corner yo Yo aka Yovanna in this room and start executing their plan.
Speaker 4: What does Marlowe do? She they lied. They don't know who it is. They lied, These people lying in front of.
Speaker 3: Me, throwing the whole fucking scene off, and it's frustrating to why it's not good TV? Any Vicky did that in this episode when Teresa was telling her story about her unfortunate experience, you know, being incarcerated and how she got there. Vicky literally falls out, leans out, exhales, makes her jaws wide like a bullfit, falls all out, leans all out, rolling her eyes, completely disrespect that you're talking about a woman who did what she did. Teresa committed whatever crime she committed, but like that's I'm sure to her, that's one of the most serious, fucked up terms of her life, having to go to prison and the whole fucking world knows about it. You can't escape, you know, people knowing your business. You gotta be separated from your children. People think you are a dishonest person all this shit, and that's how you're gonna react to it. You're gonna respond that way. That's why Porscha and all of them were like they didn't agree with it. And Porscha, you know how we are black people. We can't just sit by idly and watch somebody just be completely disrespected without them saying anything. So that's why you see Porscha was kind of like speaking up for Teresa because she she didn't like that shit that.
Speaker 4: Vicky was doing.
Speaker 3: Gazelle was looking at her crazy. That's why Giselle went and libbed that ball the tamer. Later on, Jaselle was like, Okay, well fuck you, Vicky. I'm gonna get your ass back in some way. And that's what they did on behalf of Teresa. And I did not like that. I didn't like that. And just like Lisa Barlow said, you can't turn somebody's pain into a fucking turbo tax tutorio, that's not what this is.
Speaker 4: Like, what are you talking about? She did that, by the way, Yeah, she did that.
Speaker 3: Man, so like I and I just for me personally, I did not like that. I did not like the way that she was responding to Teresa hadn't done nothing to her, nothing nothing, Vicky just in her from her spirit found a rotten place to just come from with that behavior, and she disrespected the fuck out of Teresa in that moment.
Speaker 4: Didn't understand and.
Speaker 3: I thought it was rich Loos because she went on to cry like a baby about somebody saying she looked like a muppet and how it made her get a nose job. And we have a whole scene dedicated to somebody tearing you up and man, it hurt your feelings that bad, but you are so willing and easily able to do that shit to Teresa.
Speaker 4: I didn't like that.
Speaker 2: This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. Well, look, I did not correlate the two like you did, but I definitely agree with you when you put it that way, right Like you said, Teresa.
Speaker 1: By the way, is a sweetheart like Teresa is.
Speaker 3: Don't starting no be nuts Like a minute she came on my screen. I have loved Teresa Jude from the moment that she came onto my screen the moment. Always have loved Teresa. So I didn't like that shit. I didn't like that at all.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't good. It wasn't good. Like the thing is this Vicky Stick. And I love VICKI, but Vicky Stick that gets a little.
Speaker 2: Bit daunting is the fact that she's self made, which we can celebrate and I love that for her, even when she gave them applications to fill out life insurance. It was things like that plus dissing Teresa as Teresa's having.
Speaker 1: An emotional moment that really made.
Speaker 2: You understand that Vicky really is somebody that is self serving. Like she doesn't in the room, she is all about self because at that point is when you do support a woman who unfortunately did And I love that all the girls said the same thing, like what Teresa did is something.
Speaker 1: As wives we all have done before.
Speaker 2: Y has always said when Mauricio tells me the sign stuff, that's my husband. I'm not No one think their husband is setting them up, you gee know what I'm saying? Like yeah, And I felt like it was a lost cause for Vicky because in that moment, instead of it being teachable, it could have been a moment where she understood that, wow, there are women out there who do do that, and what can I do to help women not make that same mistake?
Speaker 3: And also, as you could have just shut the fuck up and minded your business.
Speaker 4: You didn't even have to attach yourself to Teresa's story.
Speaker 3: That's her story, and you was gonna get the opportunity to tell your stupid ass story that you told later on that was meaningless. And thank god these women have hearts, you know, And they tried to show you some patrol her show VICKI rather some compassion that she was telling this fourth grade playground esque ass story.
Speaker 4: You know, you hurt my feelings like this piggy, so I gotta know his jobs, what.
Speaker 3: Grow the fuck up? And it stung you that damn bad grandmother. Mind you, this is, this is she is so far beyond the point where a playground, you know, ring around the rosies, ass insult would have affected It changed.
Speaker 4: Your life, and you gotta I knows job.
Speaker 3: And all this other stuff you probably had been wanting to know's jobs and you probably want another one because it don't seem like you like the one that you got, now you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And while no one wants to have someone say things to them about their appearance and things that they can't change on their own without a doctor's help, right, it's just not that big of a deal. But that shows you the world that she lives in, where something that something that surface and that elementary to us, is that impactful to her because she's fake and so.
Speaker 4: She's not even consisted.
Speaker 3: She does not consider the lives of other people, in the perspectives of other people in this world. She's all about her lens and what's going on in front of her face. That's why she felt like she could make light of and make fun of Teresa's shit, because it's simply not important to her, even though we're talking about. She doesn't take the time to step aside from whatever the fuck she be on and think about the fact, like you a mom, you got kids, and shit, Teresa got four daughters, Like she went to jail.
Speaker 4: That's got to be.
Speaker 3: Fucked up for anybody to go through the same compassion that everybody showed her while she was telling that stupid ass story about Slade. Is this compassion that she seems to be unable to extend to others. And I don't like people like that, So it's watching her do it on TV is annoying to me, that's all.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I would have to once again agree with you because I didn't look at it way until you said it.
Speaker 1: But you're right if if something because.
Speaker 2: Teresa signing documents that her husband put in front of her as a housewife, Teresa was truly a housewife, did not work, took care of the kids, her husband said, we're going to.
Speaker 1: Refinance the house. Sign this.
Speaker 2: Ninety nine percent of wives would have done it because they trust their husbands.
Speaker 1: Yes, not have compassion with that.
Speaker 2: But for one person, a man, to call you a muppet that one comment and miss Piggy, that one comment made you change your face and you want people to have compassion for you for something that no shade. It's hard to find compassion for because if anything is.
Speaker 1: Quite, it's sad. It's not even the word, it's.
Speaker 2: It's I think about you said, it's kind of elementary that there's one comment unless you tell me all your life you've been called miss Piggy, you believe that.
Speaker 3: I would believe it if she were to say that, I would believe that for a succession of years, consecutive years, I would believe that she has heard that she looked like Miss Piggy, I would believe that.
Speaker 4: Would you believe that she had heard that before?
Speaker 1: I have to see old photos.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to what I would believe I would.
Speaker 3: I think it's a I think it's a reasonable assumption that that's not the first time that she's heard that. I think she has heard it for a long time. Well, how long has Miss Piggy been around?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm in authorities around.
Speaker 4: And I was yeah, yeah, so, yeah, I believe it for sure.
Speaker 2: She's in her sixties, but so it's Spinky's been around for a minute. But yeah, I think to your point, you want to find compassionate about that, and I would say, although I feel sad for anybody getting surgery due to a comment, I logically have way more compassion for Teresa being in a situation where she was bamboozled by the person she chose to spend the rest of her life with.
Speaker 3: But same situation person talking about something serious and personal, two different reactions.
Speaker 4: Speaks to the character, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The one of the age old questions has been happening for years, and it was brought up on this show, which I love.
Speaker 1: Is who put housewives on the map. He is saying that wouldn't be one if it wasn't for her.
Speaker 2: Luyne is saying New York and Orange County was neck to neck. And then our girl Portia said how Alanta. She said, you guys may have opened up the door, but Atlanta kicked it down, took the house and kicked y'all out. Which I'll say this and I would love to get her thoughts. My opinion is this and this somebody that started Atlanta and Jersey. I don't care what anyone says that I'm not being biased. Atlanta Housewives for sure put housewives on the cultural map. Of mainstream America and urban and I think that's what people are getting confused. It's the same reason why Beyonce is the Queen of music is because this black woman domin the white audience and still maintained her urban audience as well. At the end of the day, That's how I look at it. OHC, New York, this is no shade to the show. Black folks wasn't watching OC in New York like that. When Atlanta came, black folks watched it, and the white girls came and watch it too, and that's why that show was number one for ten plus years.
Speaker 4: I agree one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I am in one hundred percent agreeance with you, and you're talking about things that you know because you were there quite literally you helped create that magic. So yes, absolutely, Atlanta made everyone pay attention to the.
Speaker 4: Other Housewives shows.
Speaker 3: So the audience that Atlanta brought to the show then went and watched New York, then went and watched OC, then was able to watch Beverly Hills once that came. Those black eyes also watched Salt Lake City. Right now, we were not watching some of us, the majority of us, we're not watching the Real Housewives of Orange County or the Real Housewives of New York. But I remember it like it was yesterday. My sister called me and was like, look at this. She was like, I think this is gonna be a good show. She was like, We're gonna have to watch this shit, and I'm like, what is it. I remember, like it was yesterday. They were at I think the photo shit was done at the Shaun Snow's house. I believe they were outside and like the dresses, like bright colored dresses and shit. And I just remember being like this, look before I had even seen an episode. I just wanted to know about who these women were and and I just I was hooked. And that is what made me watch New Jersey from episode one first season, because I had watched Atlanta, you know what I mean, And so it created an appetite for that.
Speaker 4: So, without a doubt, Atlanta is the star.
Speaker 3: Flat out Atlanta is the thing that took the Real Housewives machine over the top and made it the universe that it is today. Atlanta infuse star quality or an element of it just made it appealing overall. That is one hundred percent result of the success of the Real Housewives of Atlanta and that success is one hundred percent result of their cast and for that reason, a loan Nini is always gonna give respect from me, period.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: And the facts are the facts, and that's just black folks in my opinion at large was not watching OC New York until Atlanta premiered, and it may pole go back to watch the others iron people go tuned in to all the things, and even now, like you said, with Salt Lake City, even Rhode Island like watching it because of Atlanta. And that's something that I think people have to understand. So yes, Vicki may have started it, but I really appreciated Porsche for defending her city by by really intelligently understanding the impact he was able to articulate it.
Speaker 1: And I love the fact that Gazelle set their air her food, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I'm saying, Like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna argue with this, like it's the proofs in the pudding.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Pusha handled that and she represented for Atlanta and thanks shout out to Porsche for that.
Speaker 4: Well I'm not the.
Speaker 3: Girl, poor said, I am that girl. Okay, Vickie, have you fucked up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: She thinks she can do and say whatever she wants to to these women on these shows and it's just crazy to me.
Speaker 2: So well, we're seeing that too because even as a getting ready for the eighties party, Gazelle tosses to Luanne and she's asking her like, are you and Vicki close? And she was like no, like we're not close. She kind of has a mean streak. And then they flashed back to Vicki talking about Tamra behind her back on the boat and all the girls like you said, feel like Vicki is a mean girl. And the funny thing is Gazelle owning gets saying I thought I was gonna be.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to doing it.
Speaker 2: Listen, love her or hate her, anybody who can make fun at what they're known for, it's always a winner in my book. But Vicky's mean girl streak is definitely something that I I did feel was suffocating me in this episode because it wasn't fun to watch.
Speaker 1: It was definitely like, you're not like.
Speaker 2: The thing is that Vickie acts like they owe her something You're not like you you know, like everybody should bound down on her as if she really is like the Diana Ross, Beyonce, Michael Jackson of.
Speaker 4: This thing she's not.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's not.
Speaker 4: She's not even a She's not. I just put it like that. She's not. And so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think this is gonna be an interesting ride watching her, because Vicky has one of those personalities that your patients will run thin very fast and you'll find yourself in a peculiar situation. Peculiar situation because you ben cuss her to funk out and then realize you did it afterwards, like damn, I shouldn't have talked to her like that.
Speaker 4: But she drives a person to that point.
Speaker 3: So these antics I don't think are going to be sustainable for her.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Well this is what we saw, Dustin.
Speaker 2: So at the eighties party, the OC Grillies are there, Shannon shows up, Tamar shows.
Speaker 1: Up, have a debro. You know, Joe, I'm having a brain fart.
Speaker 4: I don't know her either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jenna, Gina, Gina, Oh yeah yeah yeah. So in my pinion, Dustin, I have to brown Giselle Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 4: She proved you right.
Speaker 3: From day from from the from the from her first scene, she was getting it cracking, she was connecting the dots, she was identifying connections and breaks and all the other ship she was. She was calling out and highlighting all of the things that could somehow be a source of interesting conversation. And she literally proved your point in this episode in her confessionals for the episode, in scene with the women, she literally proved your point. She was absolutely the force multiplier in this episode, pulling Timmor in her bathroom like that. So I don't know if you know, but if he said you she just trust you, and she said that you like that. She literally pulled her to the side and handled that you know what I'm.
Speaker 6: Sayings and she whispers to the point, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know if you know, why would you eat?
Speaker 3: Because she so she doesn't trust you, No, she doesn't. And she said that she is going to let you know when you get that tonight.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know, Joe, let's come on like that.
Speaker 3: That's how she That's literally how she was talking to Tamor in that bathroom. Now, Tamra threw that uno reverse because that's going from OG to O G. Tamra really don't need no help. She took the allue, but she said, I'm not gonna cause no problems with what I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Do instead and say, look, she told me this about you.
Speaker 3: I don't want to fight with you, but I'm gonna tell you she told you so that now y'all can go fight tamor.
Speaker 4: That that is.
Speaker 3: That is, that is the experienced housewife going against another experienced housewife. And it made for great tv. You don't know which way this thing is gonna go, and so it was great, great television. But just they'll proved you right. She was Jazell Kobe Bryant for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, she she she delivered and she is what I said. Gizell may not be the fan favorite, Gizelle may not have iconic reads, but the one thing I'm gonna be odiest to understand is Gizelle puts herself in the crossfire so that other people can have iconic moments. That's why she's of course multiplier. Moniques bind her is because of what Gazelle did. That's why moniques find the Iconicnique monique stand for homes.
Speaker 1: Karen's moment is Jamal coming jamming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, not that that moment.
Speaker 1: It just Kansas saying not today.
Speaker 2: Net all of those face if y'all look at it it's because the Zell doesn't mind putting herself across fires so that other people can shine. So to be in the middle of this tiny booth asking Shannon Tammer dusted like I can't do her in persons like Dustin can.
Speaker 4: But she's like, does do you hate her? Okay?
Speaker 3: Because because both y'll do okay, okay, okay, Like that's what she does every time. So it was like, I said, that was good to see, man, and she proved you right.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's masterful and that's why she continues to get hired. In this moment, I'm watching OC and they're bringing up this moment on the show this season season twenty of O Sea Housewives, and in this moment, Dustin listen, Shannon is saying that they filmed last season.
Speaker 1: She's trying to move forward.
Speaker 2: Tamar asked when, and then this is when Tamara went to me below the bell. She says she is good because I'm the one that has a husband, kid's going to college.
Speaker 1: I'm the one that has everything. I Am not struggling right now.
Speaker 2: Shanna calls Tamra delusional, and Tamra's said she's not the one that.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe she did that. I could not believe she did that. I could not believe that she did that. When she did that, I could not believe it. Carlos, I'm not knowing who I was, Tamera. So yeah, she went there, she went there.
Speaker 1: She listen, she went there, and now we know why. Spoiler alert.
Speaker 2: They weren't invited to the finale at Derenda's place, just.
Speaker 1: Like who wasn't oh t for you? That's not that's a secret. Look, I'll think it is.
Speaker 4: Well whatever we on Patriot, I think.
Speaker 7: Talked about it all her podcasts, so so dustin this episode that we just watched the first episode season twenty, my season twenty, but the twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 1: That argument between.
Speaker 2: Tamra and Shannon happened maybe three weeks before filming OC. Apparently what we saw was just a smidge of how bad it was because it was going to affect them filming the season of Orange County at Derndas. What's it called the Bluston thank You, thank You, Bluestone manor that's the finale.
Speaker 1: So all the girls are going, all the.
Speaker 2: Housewives the big it's a big finale. Andy Cohen shows up Unfortunately, Tamra and Shannon were disinvited because of that moment because they did not want round two that would impact the production.
Speaker 4: Yes, wow, damn Tamra.
Speaker 1: That's I'm bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Shannon is ghetto. So Shannon will like she'll argue and ship like you could, like she's ghetto like that. She don't care where they are, you know what I'm saying. She'll going and get up at the table and yell and walk off. She got that ghetto, you know, shit in her, so she definitely would have.
Speaker 4: Terror's ghetto too.
Speaker 3: She don't mind yelling and throwing, breaking the glass and screaming in somebody's face. So they didn't want that ghetto shit at boost on. It makes sense to me. I just hope the ghetto shit is on this season of OC, because now you got me wanting to watch. I wasn't gonna watch it because I literally didn't want to look at Vicky on the screen. So that you care me this is going on, I will literally I might have to watch O see.
Speaker 2: Now, well, let's see if it actually some drama happens, because as of now, I will tell you you're not missing anything.
Speaker 1: I will. I won't let you know to watch it, but.
Speaker 3: I ain't been able to watch it ever since Emily was drinking with that dog. Did you see that scene when Emily was and I can't even talk right now because I'm about to throw up, the way that she was drinking that water with that dog and using the spot eating what she eating with it, her something her and the dog was eating an ice cream cone or something together with the dog, and she was saying how the dog's mouth is cleaner than her. It was just disgusting and I couldn't. I can't watch that. So I have a hard time watching that shit.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: You haven't watched The Souls since that moment, not like five years ago?
Speaker 4: Well maybe I did, look, I think maybe three, I don't know, but I look.
Speaker 3: That fucked me up. Okay, Emily doing that was just it was nasty. Okay, I couldn't watch that shit. No more so. But this, if we get a Tamera versus Shannon, and if we could get a Tame reversus Vickie, I'll tune in to Ocie again.
Speaker 1: Oh I would love to see that and listen.
Speaker 2: I will say this the way this ended with Vickie telling Tamera Gizille's Aposta.
Speaker 1: And out of my life.
Speaker 2: One thing we know is Gizelle is not going down without a fight and that. Oh and and we know that her bestie Porsche ain't gonna let her handle that alone either.
Speaker 4: M M.
Speaker 3: So I can't wait, come on with to come on, come on, I'm ready for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yes, So listen. I thought this was a great premiere.
Speaker 4: I thought fantastic. Actually yeah, no.
Speaker 2: The thing is, I feel like they did a good job with highlighting the past iconic moments leading us into what's happening today. Even though Porsche is the only one that's not a Season one girly, I will say her energy, her youthfulness, she adds so much comedy to this.
Speaker 4: So much.
Speaker 2: The fact that she talked about not having fingernails and the girls to get.
Speaker 3: It, and I could not believe she said like sh oh, because you you know, I said, yo, Porscha, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: That was hilarious, hilarious.
Speaker 1: But that's why you need someone like her.
Speaker 2: So the thing is, Porscha doesn't have fingernails because she has to use her fingers when she's playing in the bedroom with Sway.
Speaker 1: And use that to your imagination.
Speaker 4: How you want it.
Speaker 2: So, a lot of lesbians they don't have long fingernails or.
Speaker 4: They have all their nails long, except for like these two.
Speaker 3: So you ever seen people where they have like long nails, but these two will be short.
Speaker 4: Yeah? You ever noticed that you've seen women that have?
Speaker 1: Like you taught me something today. I mean, it's the reason why I don't have long nails.
Speaker 4: I can't stand no edge on my I keep mind.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I love you love this show. Can't wait to continue. I am, and watching this first episode has made me so excited about watching the rest of this season because I just I think.
Speaker 4: It's really well produced. I love the include.
Speaker 3: Whoever's idea was to include all these housewives in addition to the main cast and celebration of the twenty years, kudos, kudos, because I'm excited this is.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 2: So rain Drops, Dustin and I are going to recap every single episode of this special. So make sure you guys tune in to pay Tronic for Monday to check it out, and you know to find Dustin alonga Claudia and Blue Monday Night for Monday Night Live, and we will be recapping part one reunion of Atlanta Housewives.
Speaker 1: And Part two reunion of Bail Collective.
Speaker 3: Yes the hell we will. I cannot wait. I can't wait so good. We'll get to that. Look, we'll get We're not there yet, We'll get there. We'll get there.
Speaker 1: Yes we will.
Speaker 2: I love you, brother, and I'll see you with that. Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlos King, produced by Jamie Schaeffer in partnership with The Black Effect Podcast Network. You can also find us at our YouTube channel at the Carlos King Underscore. I'm also dropping tons of exclusive episodes.
Speaker 1: On Patreon which you don't want to miss.
Speaker 2: Make sure to subscribe to that too,