Speaker 1: Welcome back to I Do Part two. I'm Cheryl Burke, one of your celebrity mentors here on the podcast. This podcast has been fun for me because I'm an open book, as you guys know when it comes to my love journey, and on this show, I get to meet other people and talk about their own experience with love and heartbreak and second acts and how their experiences have shaped them. Today on the podcast, I'm going to be joined by someone who's had her fair share of heartbreak. You know her from the Real Housewives of Orange County. Please welcome Megan King to the pod. Well, first of all, welcome to I Do Part two. Would you say that you're in your I Do Phase Part two? Megan?
Speaker 2: Not really. I don't know, Like I feel like I did that a while ago.
Speaker 1: Right, So part three, I mean part like who's counting?
Speaker 2: No, No, I already did that. We're talking about the past. I Do purchase a while ago.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So how is it currently then?
Speaker 2: I mean I'm dating, but like, mainly I'm focusing on myself, my kids and money.
Speaker 1: Right, like your career and all of that, like hustling.
Speaker 2: Porting myself and my kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I saw your post that it was so you know, heartwarming, and reading your caption just felt I don't have kids, and I can't relate obviously, but it was super just transparent and honest, and I really appreciated that. And how was that whole experience with your daughter.
Speaker 2: Oh, to be like on a trip with her back. Yeah, oh, you're right, Like that was really moving for me. I knew that, I like, time with my children individually is really special, but I don't often get afforded that privilege because I'm a single mother, and I do have help because I have to because I'm a working mother. But like when I do have help, I take advantage of that by not being home, by working right, And so when I'm home, I have my three children with me at once, and it's really in my head it's always like a really special gift to be able to spend one on one time with them, and but like I never put like a whole lot of effort into that, And so when I was able to do this with my daughter, I was really looking forward to it. I took her skiing in Idaho and it was so amazing. First of all, it was really easy. One cake, Oh, he's a cake it was like nothinge it. It was like hanging out with a friend, and we realized how good of a.
Speaker 1: I am you are.
Speaker 3: I am always like trying to chase my tail all the three kids, and when I just had this one experience, I realized it's okay.
Speaker 2: You can celebrate like what you're doing because you're doing a good job.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And I think that was just like I'm sure you just related to so many moms out there, but I do have to ask. I know you don't want to talk about the past, but we need to know a little bit about your love journey. And you know you saying you're being a single mom, and just remind our listeners what that in a short few sentences, what that is for you.
Speaker 2: I was married to my ex husband. We had our first daughter together via IVF. We recorded that journey on The Real Housewives of Orange County, and shortly after eighteen months, to be exact, I had twin boys. And shortly after that, I went through a very public scandal slash divorce with my ex husband and things have gotten progressively worse since. And it's been five years now and I've been five years a single mother minus like a little blip on the radar there of a big mistake called an annulment, but that was literally like three months of my life total. And here I am like still navigating the waters of single motherhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and do you want to ever maybe play around with getting married again or is that just not on your radar? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think like having a life partner for me is very important, and I want to hold with someone. But what I've learned through my relationship is that there's no one who's going to fill a void for me. There are voids, don't get me wrong in my life, but those voids need to be filled by myself and then I can accept someone who's going to enhance my life after that, not someone who's going to fill avoid because when I allow that void to be filled by another individual, that invites me to accept a lot of faults and turn a blind eye to red flags. And I realized that through some failed relationships, including that annulment that I spoke of, and that's not what we're doing anymore. And we got this five years. I've done this for five years. I don't know how, but here I am surviving.
Speaker 1: I mean like an alcoholic, like I am an addict. Honestly, it's one day at a time. I haven't day in three years and I don't. I'm good, I am fine, And since my divorce, I'm like, I just have no interest.
Speaker 2: Really, why not?
Speaker 1: Because I owe it to myself to date myself after being a serial dater for from thirteen till thirty seven.
Speaker 2: You're master dating. What you're master dating, You're dating.
Speaker 1: Yourself, absolutely, But I owe that to myself. Like I'm enjoying this drama free zone in this home that I live in, and I have zero interests. But back to you, Okay, what has like co parenting been like for you in your ex.
Speaker 2: It's been not co parenting, it's been parenting. And parenting is a term that people use when there's very little communication or teamwork with the other parents, and it's more like one party is parenting and the other party is parenting separately. And that's what I've been doing. And that is not ideal for the children at all, unfortunately, but sometimes that's you know, what the cards have been dealt, And yeah, it's it's horrible.
Speaker 1: Do you see that? How it affects? Because I come from a divorce family and my dad was just like nowhere to be found. I mean he was he left the country, so like there was really no co parenting right at all. So until my mom met my stepfather.
Speaker 2: Total single mom situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, for a good solid I would say four or five years, like at the prime you know, of when I needed a father figure. Most likely have you seen it affect Are your kids in therapy or.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they're in therapy? Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cute, like they love it, and I think like a special gift I've given them because I started them in therapy before they understood that therapy was a trigger.
Speaker 1: That's so good for them.
Speaker 2: Therapy is just a word that we use, like go play outside. It's just natural to them, and they speak about it with their friends like it just rolls off their tongue. And I love that that they have that and they're like so good, which were of normalcy.
Speaker 1: I love that they're talking to their friends about it because there's there was back when I was that age, probably a lot of shame behind therapy, you know, like you only go there.
Speaker 2: I knew what crazy. I don't know it was when I was their age.
Speaker 1: Totally, it's so good.
Speaker 2: Pside board.
Speaker 1: Well, my mom, I mean I went. I started at four, but like my mom, for her generation, there was no way in hell.
Speaker 2: Like, but where are you from.
Speaker 1: I'm from the Bay Area, so.
Speaker 2: You're from California, Like that's progressive. I'm from Missouri.
Speaker 1: Well, I went to therapy because I got chi I got molested when I was a little girl, so that.
Speaker 2: Was a ness different.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, you know, yes, so my mom did what like you know, she was she was a nurse as well, so she knew exactly what to do. Now, if you're talking her generation coming from the Philippines, like that is a big no. No. You know therapy in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that there's a taboo associated with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you found a tribe of women to like support you during this time or are you more of a person who likes to be alone.
Speaker 2: No, I've found I've I have a tribe of people and combined men women. But for me, like I think like I found a ton of support in women and especially my best friend who's also a single mom, who's been through and going through a very similar situation to me. And it's just nice to be able to relate to somebody in the way that I can talk to her and say X y Z is happening, and basically what I'm saying is armageddon is happening. And she doesn't react like with you know, her jaw to the floor. She reacts like, Okay, we can handle this because she understands that totally. There's something to be said for someone who understands or can can can like absorb and react to my trauma in a way that is normal instead of like thinking that the world is falling.
Speaker 1: Apart judging or people are like what, yeah, I hear No, I totally hear you. And there's not a lot of people out there like that, you know, without first of all, we're all human. Judgment happens, but also like you just want to be able to speak about freely about whatever is going on without thinking twice about it, especially within your circle.
Speaker 2: And not only that, it takes a ton of energy to speak about what I'm going through and I don't love to relive that I don't really like to talk about.
Speaker 1: But do you feel like it heals a little part of you every time you do.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a sort of release when it's the right audience. Otherwise I feel like it's.
Speaker 1: A job, I hear you, and do are you in therapy? No?
Speaker 2: I feel like I have a weird take on therapy. Say more, therapy is very therapeutic, and it's supposed to be as the word says.
Speaker 1: I mean, it depends on who you're going to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there has to be a relationship and all that, But I think therapy is meant to be there until you've learned your lesson. And I feel as if, like for the most part with my situation with my ex husband, I've learned my lessons and I know what they're the advice that would be given to me, and therefore, like I know how to apply it. It's whether or not I do it. Also, I don't know, Like I'm analytical and I'm emotionally aware. Sometimes I think that therapy is just a waste of time for me because I've already done it and got it. I either apply it or I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's different for everybody, right, like for real, Like I think that. I mean, there's no like check like I'll be in therapy for the rest of my life. I just know that. But that's my situation, right, And do you feel like you're missing an unbiased opinion.
Speaker 2: No, because I get my therapy from other sources, so it's not like a therapist per se, which I do. I do see a therapist like intermittently. Yeah, it takes a long time, like it's a no.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. It's heavy. You have to explain everything again, like it's a whole thing, right, and it's expensive if you see, if you're not going.
Speaker 2: Through relationship right, like it has to be the right man.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's very important. I mean there's a lot of a lot of people that say, you know, I just tried it and didn't work out for me, And I always say try again, you know, because like there's just I've been through ten and now I've been with my last therapyt or my current one for like almost twenty years. So it's like when you find the right one, you stick to it unless she retires or he retires.
Speaker 2: So I have a life coach I work with.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's similar to a therapist.
Speaker 1: They're not late, they're not certified, but yes, correct, so they're still unbiased. Right. Yeah, that's great, that's awesome. Okay, let's transition into dating here. Tell me about your dating life.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I've been in an on and off relationship for several years and that's safe and than like comfortable and then but like outside of that, I date casually and it's fun. I was actually just thinking about this a couple of days ago. I love falling in love. It's like addiction.
Speaker 1: It's it brings something up right.
Speaker 2: One million yeah, and I love it. It's the most fun thing ever to fall in love. But like that's not that's not sustainable, and that's not it's real in the moment, but it's not real in the long term. No, And so there's something really special about this relationship that I've had on and off for five years that I think that, Okay, I'm gonna get deep.
Speaker 1: Here and we love deep.
Speaker 2: When I was in my relationship with my ex, he has a lot like looking back, he has some traits of what some might think of narcissistic like me, And a typical trade of a narcissist is to like love bomb and like you fall in love quickly, and that's and I did that. That was amazing and then it ended poorly for me. But for me, as like a late twenty year old, that was how I thought love was supposed to be, and so I think that's what I still seek in a lot of ways. And that's not, like we said, sustainable, and so I'm like trying to get out of that cycle. But to get out of that cycle means to like get out of that like huge release of serotonin and to like keep you know, consistent with like this a stable individual or a stable relationship.
Speaker 1: You have to retrain the brain and that is really difficult if like you have to do things that are not comfortable, right, that are that you have to be aware, which I think you are. Obviously you're saying that you're aware of what you were or still attracting, right as far as personality traits go, And I feel like I can relate because I'm just a bad picker because my sense of home was abuse, right, So my abuse is what I was attracting and people who were unavailable, men that were unavailable, And I still can gravitate towards that. My lazy brain, I like to say, like my subconscious is very used to that. That is my home. I was disgusted by nice people, right, So there was that because I never experienced that. So I was like, well, with all of this. Obviously I didn't like myself, let alone love myself. And then I was like I was attracting that type of just people around me, both romantic and not romantic. Do you are you active in untraining the brain to then train it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? And I completely relate to what you're talking, like speaking of with the the attraction quotient. I think that that's like a very reveeling part of who we are that sometimes we don't want to look at you know, like.
Speaker 1: You are, you are who you were raised by.
Speaker 2: In that too, And it's to break those generational cycles and to and to break even not generational like just to break like your own life cycles is really difficult to stop and it takes. It takes like a ton of inner work, and not only that, like a ton of being comfortable with myself. And that is the fucking hardest part. And I mean to love the body and from head to toe, and to love everything about me, including my anxiety, including the bad things that I've done, and not to love them and not to be proud of the bad things, but to say to those things, I see you, I understand when you do this, I understand how you feel. And this is Okay, we're going to get through this and then to move on from there, because I think that once I recognize the feelings and the person that I am, that allows me to love myself more and then to be able to heal totally.
Speaker 1: It's just like you have to mother you're inner child, you know, because that's exactly what it is. And it's so amazing that you're very aware of this, and you should be proud of yourself, because I am. That's a lot to swallow.
Speaker 4: It is, Yes, thank you, I am.
Speaker 1: Now I have to ask you about this ring post on October sixth, to be exact or not? Okay, say more? What ring you there showed like an engagement? Was an engagement ring? Did that you post it on Instagram?
Speaker 2: Let me look it up?
Speaker 1: Or maybe it was an Instagram it was a different social platform, but I'm pretty sure it was in October. It was on Instagram and it was a ring. Yes, Oh, come on, you cannot forget about your policy of people posting for you.
Speaker 2: No, I post my own step.
Speaker 1: October sixth unless you erased it. I don't think it was October sixth. It was in October, Okay, come on? It was a string it was in a string. It was like in a carousel.
Speaker 2: Was a big ring?
Speaker 1: Was it a carousel of pictures?
Speaker 2: Well, it had to be my big ring.
Speaker 1: October twentieth, per my producer.
Speaker 2: Okay, October first, October twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: It was in a carousel, I believe. I mean, you could have just been a ring.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm looking oh that one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that one?
Speaker 2: Oh pretty?
Speaker 1: It is pretty. That's why we were talking about it. Say more, I.
Speaker 2: Wish that was mine.
Speaker 1: What I forgot about it? Were you ring shopping? What was what was all of that about?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm always ring shopping.
Speaker 1: For an engagement ring. Come on, who's is that?
Speaker 2: I wonder who's that that is?
Speaker 1: Is that your hand?
Speaker 2: My friends have really beautiful, big ass rings, and I just thought I was gorgeous. And by the way, I think.
Speaker 1: You're you know what, I have a really good lie detector. I think you're lying. But that's okay, you do. Yeah, I'm like almost psychic. I swear to god. My grandma was it's this whole thing. It's like, I am, I can smell you from a mile away.
Speaker 2: Somebody. Do you think somebody's gonna buy that for me?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah. I mean, I have a poshmark account. I can just sell it for you if you want.
Speaker 2: It's not mine, I would know. I wish it was mine.
Speaker 1: It's okay, so you're playing KOI obviously you don't want to say more than that, right, I'm not. I'm not like that was just a random picture.
Speaker 2: No, I think it was my friend's. Like my friends have like really big diamonds and I love to try them on. And I think I will.
Speaker 1: Be here that you're engaged in one week from today. I'm gonna murder you.
Speaker 2: Who's who's gonna be Who's gonna be the husband? Cheryl?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean, who knows how? So how many people are you dating at the same time right now? I mean, you're gonna have to give me some tips here.
Speaker 2: So in my head, I love to date multiples of the.
Speaker 1: Same really, I don't know how you do that in my head? I said, oh, that's fine, and you still don't do that in my head? How do you do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm like, oh, I'm a modern woman. I'm gonna date like, oh guys, and like you know, I'm gonna like just be free.
Speaker 1: I cannot I wish I could. I get I am so not like that.
Speaker 2: I'm monogamous big time.
Speaker 1: Like when I have sex with you, you're screwed. You might as well marry me.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to be said for that and say and like I try not to be that way, but like that's how my brain works, that's how my body works, and I can't help it.
Speaker 1: So, okay, how are you on a dating app?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How do I do this? If you were me, if we were besties and you were here with me, and I was just like it was this friday, it was a weekend. See, I'm a hermit. I'm like, I am so too comfortable alone with my frenchiet and it's just the two of us bitches and we're hanging out, you know, So like what would you say? What are the first steps when I'm interested in dating? Because I'm just not right now.
Speaker 2: But anyway now, I'm like, you're not interested, Like.
Speaker 1: There's at all for you?
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, there's nothing you do. You stay in with your French gye and you watch Love Is Blind.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm halfway through season eight, Like I get it. I get it, thoughts, but.
Speaker 2: I know, no, it's not for you, Cheryl, It's not for you.
Speaker 1: You are our audience. So our listeners are very interested in this, So say more.
Speaker 2: What the what the audience? What the listeners is? They they go, they go on a nap if they want, okay, which I think they should, because it's like good to look at okay on Hinge and Rayah and they both are horrible.
Speaker 1: Are there? Okay? Well why would you say then do it when it's horrible.
Speaker 2: Because it's good to know what the what? Like the pickens are Okay, got it?
Speaker 1: So you're just judging a book by its cover as you're swiping through. Okay, got it?
Speaker 2: Books by its cover.
Speaker 5: That's what we do to gain some confidence, like go and then go out to in like irl and uh huh beeps and.
Speaker 2: Put yourself out there and say like, hey, I noticed you're not wearing a ring on your finger. That's bold. That's a bold statement, but it's true. Like that starts a convo.
Speaker 1: And then they're never like thanks for pointing out the obvious, Like okay, is that how we're starting this conversation?
Speaker 2: No, they usually try to like play it cool, but you're right. I would totally say that if I was a guy yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean if they say it to you, you can totally steal it.
Speaker 2: They must, you know what, that is a terrible pickup line. I've never gotten that response. They must just never get pickup lines.
Speaker 1: I mean, they just must like you. There's no pickup line needed.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe maybe they.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just like a high, short and sweet. Has dating with kids been tricky for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the dating part no, but the relationship part. Yes.
Speaker 1: Have they met anybody other I that you've dated before or yeah?
Speaker 2: So I've been single since my kids have been one and three one and three, And initially I was like, oh, I'll just like introduce something to everybo and I did, like anybody who came to the house to like pick me up. Oh Hi, this is my friend Bob or Joe, Bill or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: But then once they started having a memory, I'm like I stopped.
Speaker 1: And so, kay, what do you mean once they started having a memory, they're gonna what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Well, they were three and one and one.
Speaker 1: They didn't, like, you know what, my first memory I was two, my very first memory.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm not saying that like certain things haven't stuck with them, but I don't think like Bill and Bob and Joe got necessarily going to like lay like deep seated memories in there.
Speaker 1: They're in therapy. We're good. We're good.
Speaker 2: They're in therapy. But like so, like after a couple of years, I'm like, Okay, this is done. I thought I would be married at that point. I thought it'd be like, oh, done, Like they would never have a memory without me being and so it was like a new thing for me to have to to take that, like to make my dating life separate from and which I did. And my kids don't have any conscious memory of me having a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I'm just messing with you.
Speaker 2: It's well, I don't care. You can't come at me like it's true.
Speaker 1: And I'm never coming at you. I'm just messing around. I don't have kids, so I have no idea what I mean.
Speaker 2: My first memory was when I was three, I was like going down on my bicycle but donnah hill and I was scared. I remember that when I was three years old. But like I don't remember my mom's friend from college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I hear you. My My first memory was with my real father naked having sex with another woman in his apartment. Yeah. That sounds like traumatic. That would make it was another Filipino woman. Clearly he had a type rest and peace dad. Yeah, so that I'll never forget. That was interesting. Okay, so when do you wait? So you have three kids, right, yeah, your daughter is the oldest, Yes.
Speaker 2: She's eight.
Speaker 1: So are you going to ever talk to them about your dating life?
Speaker 2: Yes? And I do, okay, like very fluid with them. Yeah, in the sense where like they'll but it's different like my kids, it's not like they ask about dating. It's like in their minds there's friends and there's husbands. There's not between And so I'm like, okay, I'm They'll be like, we're mommy, will you look for a daddy? Will you get it down house? And I'm like no, we're good without a daddy. And then we get a mommy.
Speaker 1: Then that's funny.
Speaker 2: Honestly that would be better.
Speaker 1: So do you guys split custody? Like? How does is? Do they see their father?
Speaker 2: They? Yes, they see got it?
Speaker 1: You know, I have this debate going on in my head. But also in one of the episodes I did here with Heather, our producer, and I said that, you know, coming from a divorce family, like I was basically just raised by my mom and a couple of nannies, right, But I believe because I'm thinking, like, for me, obviously, I'm not going to ever have a kid that I'm forty and almost forty one, and I'm I don't want to have a kid, like, well, that's obvious naturally, right like that, but like I wouldn't mind possibly maybe having one down the road, right like, and I'm not ready right now whatever. Anyways, the point is that I'm not opposed to raising a kid as a single parent. I think it's almost healthier than doing so with a partner.
Speaker 2: I could see that. I think that if I was entering into a relationship where I was starting to have children, I wouldn't look at the person as a romantic partner. I would look at them as a life partner and a business partner more or less. And I raise this child. Do our values aligned and you know the ways to raise a child? Because yes, like maybe our values aligned in the ways of having sex, but you know, or financially or whatever, but children, that's a whole different ballgame. And there's so many, as we both know, factors that go into a relationship. But when it comes to the children. That is the one thing that like, if it's not perfectly aligned and you got and we and you and the other person are you know, the proverbial you and the other person split up and the children part isn't aligned, that's going to cause tension for the rest of those children's lives, which I'm through. And I did that to my children because I was so focused on loving my partner for me and having children for me. I didn't think about the long term repercussions of if we split, because in my head, we just stay together. That's not how life works necessarily.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine? I think about this too often. If my parents stayed together, I would have been way messed up, more than I am today, of course, of.
Speaker 2: Course, And like there's so much to be said for that. I think, like you have your ideal situation, you know, in every you know, potential situation like ooh, a nuclear family with a mom and a dad who love each other for one hundred and million years and blah blah blah blah. But like we can only do the best with what we are given, and if that's not aligned, then that shouldn't that then like we should go elsewhere? To like give ourselves, first of all, the best that we can give ourselves, because that's the only way we can give the best to our children.
Speaker 1: When you say that you want to find somebody like a life partner, have you has there any has there been anybody that's even like come close to that checklist of whatever it is.
Speaker 2: That's a good question, Cheryl. I. I love to romanticize, so I would love to say absolutely, but like I don't. Honestly, I don't at this point, I don't know if that really.
Speaker 1: Exists, because perfect doesn't.
Speaker 2: No, And people are people, like are they gonna? Are they gonna be good people and consistent and stable and solid and there? And that's scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's scary to expect that because you're bound to then break it, right, Like, the expectations of somebody is not is something that you're That's the thing. It's like we're not Yogi's either. We can't just go into relationships not having expectations, because especially when you're dealing with other humans, right, Like, I can't even imagine. So do you feel like in a way you're gonna wait till your kids are adults until you settle No?
Speaker 2: I like I wanted to be with someone well before now and I'm not. But that's okay, it's okay, and I'm happy.
Speaker 1: Is it okay?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's okay, okay, good? Absolutely, are you creating? I have this beautiful home. I've decorated it for myself. It's like it's score.
Speaker 1: I thought you were in a museum.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm so happy, like in the space that I've created for myself and my children.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 2: I just didn't imagine it being this way. Like there's a big difference in like being happy and then having expectations, like they don't necessarily have to.
Speaker 1: Align, no, and it doesn't have to be black and white like that either. Are you content beyond beyond? That's amazing?
Speaker 2: But I still have goals.
Speaker 1: Being content doesn't mean that you're not. That doesn't really, I mean you can still have goals, it's just not and live a drama free, freaking life. And that's what. I'm so happy and I'm not like, okay, so happy is not sustainable, but contentment is. And this is the thing. It's like, I've I'm not fighting with anybody, I'm not freaking out about something, I'm not being jealous, I'm not worrying. I'm not this. It's like the list goes on and I think that my nervous system has finally regulated to that point where there's fear. I mean, I'm not going to say that I'm not scared, but of course it's all fear related as to why I'm not dating, not all, but a little bit of it. But it's okay. And by the way, it's okay, like give yourself grace. You know.
Speaker 2: Every day I pull a card, and I pull it usually.
Speaker 1: In actually, yes, it's amazing physically. What type of cards?
Speaker 2: So I use a deck of cards from Gabrielle Bernstein. Yes, uh huh, she's a this awesome spiritual Yeah yeah, spiritual like manifesting death of kind of like taro wish cards. But they're not. And so every day I.
Speaker 1: Shoo affirmations right, correct.
Speaker 2: They're affirmations, that's exactly what we're there. And every day I shuffle them and I pull one, and sometimes my kids want to pull one. I let each with them pull one, and I leave them out in the kitchen for the whole day, and I talk to my kids about what it means, and I really try to live it, and I start the morning, out with it with my coffee every morning, and it's just like a good reminder that we're okay in the space that we're in.
Speaker 1: Do you meditate?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: I'm not very good at it.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? You're not good at it? Though?
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to center my brain, So I do it more through breath work.
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear you. Yeah, I feel the same, do you. I mean I studied transcendental meditation. I mean I went full on the for that that period as soon as I got separated. But it's hard because I am a competitor obviously, you know, my whole life, I compete with myself, and it's like hard to not shame myself when I don't do it twice a day every day for you know, god knows how long, right, yeah, twenty minutes twice a day. It's like then there's like uh oh, then the shame and like I'm like okay. So we're working on that though. I mean, it's better doing it once a week than nothing at all, right, So we're just taking it one day at a time, like my addiction. So I want to pick your brain a little bit before I let you go. Do you watch reality TV or is that just not of interest? You watch Love is Blind?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I love the trashiest ones only which ones? So like the trashier the better, Like ninety Day Fiance.
Speaker 1: Oh, I haven't seen that yet. I don't think I like trashy though. See I can't even watch the really long seasoned one. What's that one called?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, you just pop in, I GISs.
Speaker 1: A lot of my dog gets anxiety when they hear she he hears people like yelling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh worth it? So ninety Day Fiance is amazing. Love is Blind? I love Traders. Yeah, that's all I can think of right now.
Speaker 1: Do you watch Housewives?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: That's okay, Mad saying that I feel bad why I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, you know, I like, I'm a part of this fraternity of sisterhood, and I feel like I'm not being supportive.
Speaker 1: I hear you. I mean, look, if it wasn't my job to watch Dancing with the Stars, I don't think I would either. So really it's a little bit like and that's okay because I think when you know the ins and outs of something, it just doesn't hit the same as if, like if I were on Love is blind. I probably wouldn't watch it either, because it's kind of like, great, they barely use anything that we talked about, you know.
Speaker 2: I could see that also, like in a weird human way, I feel like I'm I'm like the one who's who can't sit at the table. I'm the one who's left out and wasn't invited to the party.
Speaker 1: Oh do you Is that true?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm not on the show, but yeah, it's I mean I've been off for gosh, almost a decade. Now would you go back?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe yeah. I think like life's really different, so it's it's hard to say. You like, I would want to be more private with my children now that they're older and they like they're individual. Before they were just like extensions of me and babies and like just goga googa, And now they they're real people with their own lives and.
Speaker 1: Problems, personalities and opinions. What do you think of Gretchen coming back?
Speaker 2: I'm excited. I think it's great.
Speaker 6: I like, I like them bringing back people, and I think, like, I don't know about other franchises, but oh C has a really good camaraderie of peace, like I still talk to a lot of people, most of them I was on the show with and.
Speaker 1: That's good, feels good. Yeah, I think you would be perfect. They should definitely bring you back. I the last time I watched Housewives, was you on it? I think, Oh, I mean I don't. I barely watch television, and if I do, it's like in the background, just background noise. It as much as blind. Yeah, I've always I pitched the president of Netflix recently, I'm like, they should do a celebrity version and he's like, well, that just won't work, And I'm like, but we can. We can make it work if we change our voices. Yes, we can. We can make it work.
Speaker 2: Change our voices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like so that the voice wouldn't necessarily like when you're talking to them with.
Speaker 2: The wall robot voice.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't have to. I mean, listen, there's AI nowadays. It could be a porn porno voice, like I have porn star voice. I don't know. Whatever you want, you get to choose.
Speaker 2: You just change your name, change your name, or just.
Speaker 1: Don't talk about your career. There's like certain rules.
Speaker 2: Wait, that would be so good, Cheryl.
Speaker 1: I know, thank you?
Speaker 2: Would you go on it?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's why I pitched it.
Speaker 2: But you don't even want to date.
Speaker 1: Well, it's different when you're dating a wall. I love dating walls. I've been dating four walls here in this home.
Speaker 2: Huh until you marry them on love is line?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it's all temporary, isn't it? Just like our lives? Okay? Would you go on Traders one million? You would be great?
Speaker 2: Which one on which you do it together? Trades or faithful? No?
Speaker 1: I don't think you can be a trader. I know you would be someone that someone would say you're a trader, like you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I think I would really be good at it.
Speaker 1: You would be good? Yeah, thank you would be. They're going to have like ten thousand seasons, so don't worry exactly we'll be on the ten thousandth one.
Speaker 2: Well hopefully not that far.
Speaker 1: But thank you so much. Thanks for having me, thanks for being vulnerable, and for everything that you just speak speak of. It's not easy.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I loved that conversation with Megan, and I just love how real she is and you know, she's just honestly living day by day. Are you guys navigating what your I do? Part two could look like need some dating advice, Call us or email us, follow us on socials. All the information will be in the show notes. Make sure to rate and review the podcast. I Do Part two an iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective