Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Past Podcast. Today is Sunday, May fourth, and today we got to see the rookies on the field for the first time. After practice, we heard from head coach John Harwall.
Speaker 2: So off to a good start, as you can see a lot of guys here, well over sixty players for the rookie mini camp. At levels you go from the draft choices to the undrafted signed free agents to the tryout guys, and the tryout guys is since when you were doing it. It's we've got a lot more guys now in the tryout deal than we used to have. Maybe maybe he had that at one time, Vinnie, I don't know it. You bringing a ton too. The Cowboys used to bring like two hundred guys a training camp. Right, we're not quite there, but but these guys are great guys who are looking for a shot month the opportunity, and you know, we're here to provide an opportunity and see how they do. And I was really pleased with the first practice. Just told him, I said, I said, no, you know you came in here. Your your football player. You know, on you once you make your first tackle, your first block. My dad always used to say, when you do that, whatever level you might be, in third grade, you make your first tackle, you're a football player, so my dad says, and you'll always be a football player. These guys come in to your football players. But now after this practice, they can call home, call their mom, their dad, their girlfriend, their brother, whoever, their buddy, and say, now I am a pro football player. I'm a pro football player. Because they're a little nervous. It's the first practice ever, you know, in a pro field. What's it going to be like, and it's just it's rookies the next phases in front of them. But it's a big step for these guys and it means a lot to them. They had a really good practice. It was clean, didn't have a lot of mistakes, didn't have a lot of pre snap issues, didn't have anything that was you know, out of line with the temple of the practice. Guys are on their feet, taking care one another, still practicing, rehearsing quickly and fast and getting things right. So it's a smart group of guys. So we feel really good about where we're at after after day one. All right, what question do you have?
Speaker 3: Johnny had six draft pick in the defensive.
Speaker 2: So awe you put your top two.
Speaker 4: I mean, how I know it's very early, but how much pencil do you think they could make an impact in this Nam?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you know, all those guys are are real good players. You know, the draft picks and you start with Malachi and work your way right down through and uh, we drafted all those guys for a reason. And and they're uh, they're they're guys that have made plays at a high level in college. You know, disruptive type players, every one of them. So yeah, we'll see. I think they can all they all gotta they all got a shot. We'll see how they do.
Speaker 5: So Emery was sidelined for I guess all the factors, or at least the start of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be a little while. You know, he had he had a labor shoulder issue that I think you guys were aware of. And so when that's gonna I don't think it's gonna clear up now, you know, probably be looking at training camp, maybe maybe earlier, but uh, we'll just have to see how you go. So he's not gonna practice in the immediate future.
Speaker 5: You don't think many a possibility for him.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, I don't think we'll probably push it. I mean, if he can do it, we'll do it. But I'm not thinking about pushing it there if it's if it's if it's not totally ready yet done.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, you guys signed Joe Nople offensive lineman, swing swing tackle, especially given in the wake of mccarrey leaving and knowing how versatile he was. How nice is it to bring someone in who has played I think four of the five offensive line positions in doing that, and.
Speaker 2: He's in Baltimore now, so maybe we get five out of five, right? Uh he uh yeah, to get to get Joseph no Boom in here, a veteran, played, talented guy, played both sides. Really to focus probably as a swing tackle as much as anything for us. I mean that's kind of where we really really need that veteran presence as a swing tackle play both sides, uh and then uh yeah. He could pop down in our guard, but I think we'll be focusing on tackle. But really big signing for us. We're really excited to talk to him last night. He's fired up, he's excited to be here, Luke, and.
Speaker 5: It's one thing to like watch these guys on tape.
Speaker 2: Now you're getting to see him on the field itself.
Speaker 7: Well, a guy like Mike Green, what stands out when you actually see.
Speaker 2: Him, Like, yeah, you know, I think you see it. You see it kind of up close and personal, the explosiveness and the size. You know, he's a big guy. And as much as anything, I just like seeing the faces, you know, the guys, how excited they are, you know, the fact that this is something that they've been dreaming of and working for and here they are, and they're so excited and so nervous to get out there and get after it and get started. And then at the end of the practice they feel like, oh, you know, I feel good about it. You know, I got through it. I can do this. And Mike's no different than all the guys that way, you know, the first time through. So it's good to see.
Speaker 7: Jack you had offensive tackle this. You're a lot of turnover. But next year all the tight ends and Patrick required. Of course, their contracts are up after this year. How much do you concern yourself with that as opposed to letting you you see where.
Speaker 2: At that, Well, yeah, I'll let DC worry more about than I will. I mean, you always, it's always everything's in the back of my mind. But it's a it's year to year, week to week, day to day operation, really, So we build a team for this year, one year at a time, and then you know, d C Eric he's got to be thinking in terms of the long term with the contracts and things like that, which you know, nobody does it better, so I'll let him worry about it.
Speaker 8: Joh And I know Brandy did a lot of the kicking scouting. What was it like for you, Chris and the other guys to see each other live kick here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good. It was good to see it. It's good to hear it, I think as much as anything, Gianna, it's good to hear a kicker, you know, and the way the ball comes off his foot is impressive. And both kickers I thought, looked really good today. So we got them out there behind the line of the snap and everything, and I think they made them all, didn't they. You guys were watching, so that's that's good to see. So it's a good start that way.
Speaker 8: John.
Speaker 9: With a guy like Mike Green that plays in the trenches, I know you guys aren't doing a lot.
Speaker 10: Of physical stuff.
Speaker 6: These days, But are you able to kind of see a little bit of what you're.
Speaker 5: Hope and who's with them once you he.
Speaker 8: Does get it.
Speaker 2: It's a great question, you know. It's like we tell these guys, this is not practice in the sense, it's not competitive, it's rehearsal. So you're really what you're what you're competing against is your execution. We're looking for execution. If you saw the practice, we built it from no helmets, you know, just without without even running the play, just coming up to the line of scrimmage and getting the snap. Then we built it into you know, do everything fast pre snap, but then go half speed. Then we put the helmets on and we did it fast. But it wasn't competitive, and that's kind of the the I guess the ramp up we try to do. So can we see things? Sure? Can you see everything? No, you can't see everything.
Speaker 11: Of course he did some the field to pick off the back well, do anything just when it's kind of playing the eye balls on him.
Speaker 3: Did anything kind of stand out with you about him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, traits about Carson. I mean he's big, he saw him. He's big, he's rangey, he's got long arms, he's he's high cut, he's he can and he can really move, you know, he moves his feet really well.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing is you see how how young he is. I mean, I guess I look at that that that that frame, and you say, man, we can grow so much into that. And he's gonna get in that weight room and get to work right away. And and you know he's kind of like a young you know, a young colt out there trying to trying to learn how to control that that that frame.
Speaker 3: John Collins Schleier, Maryland kid trying to potentially earn a spot in your quarterback room.
Speaker 10: Did you have any early impressions you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, arm man, what an arm he was. He was throwing some bebies out there, especially in the outbreaking routes on the sideline. Uh. And the kind of striking is I didn't realize how big he was. You know, he's a great looking athlete.
Speaker 7: John, What do you hope that Malachi can not only learn from this off season but also the safeties in your room right now Kyle Antennerberg's watch.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, yeah, I hope he becomes I hope he learns how to be like an all pro. I mean, that's guy. What you hope I mean you hope for the best and uh and plan for the best too, I guess, and I expect him to do really well. You know, he's he's our first round pick. A lot is a lot to who much is given, much as much as required, and nobody understands it better than him. Is a young guy. Really impressed with his maturity. He broke the huddle today. That's not an easy thing to do your first time. So uh, so far, so good.
Speaker 5: We'll we'll be Would you like to see the next progression for this group going forward?
Speaker 10: Let's what's the next step to do?
Speaker 2: That's a good question, Jerry. I think the next step is probably you know, recovery and then taking what they learned in the media is post practice out to practice the next day and see what gets cleaned up. So they're gonna be a little sort tomorrow. You know, they haven't been moving in a football practice for a while. Can they get back out there and repeat it, move around and and then you know, build on today. I think there's a gain website. You said you guys might be having great practices. Here's anything you.
Speaker 10: Can say about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would just say, it's all up in the air right now. If we've talked to the Buccaneers about that, talk to the commanders about that. But the league controls who you end up playing. So we're still waiting to hear from the league in terms of what our preseason games will actually be. I've actually talked to some other coaches that we maybe could be playing to see if they'd be interested, and there's expressed interest. So I think we will be having joint practices. Hopefully we'll have a day here. You just have to see if it works out.
Speaker 3: I think he gets there with a lot of bactors after the p private league set.
Speaker 12: From the definite.
Speaker 10: It's that dynamic.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's giving a lot of attention on that dynamic.
Speaker 3: How do you put see it time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, for.
Speaker 3: Those guys to be guiled and toxifate.
Speaker 2: To say, right, great question.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, as you know, Justin's been in the building the last couple of weeks, kicking and everything, and if you have a chance to talk a little bit, been working hard. I would just say, like from a standpoint of the investigation and all that, I mean, it's we don't know anything. I mean we haven't been given any information, and that as it should be. You know, it's all done the way it's done, So we don't know anything along those lines. So you can't make any decisions based on that. Every decision we make has to be based on football. There's a lot of layers to that. You know, you've got a rookie kicker and here you took them, took him in the sixth round early in the sixth round. He's a talented guy. Uh, just from a football standpoint, salary cap, you know, all the different things that you just take into consideration. Uh, whatever we decide to do over the next few weeks will be based on football.
Speaker 8: Son.
Speaker 5: I think you mentioned at the end of the season that maybe's a would get throughgery, would put the need than anything ever coming.
Speaker 2: In good question. It did not go to surgery.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: He actually he was doing a little dance and the way you missed last week and he said he's he said he's feeling great. His knees back, but he did it with rehab and and yeah, he should be ready to go.
Speaker 4: The mental part is so important with the kicker position. Is that something you can really evaluate.
Speaker 5: In this kind of setting, or is it.
Speaker 10: You know, you just kind of have to wait and see l guy does in the game.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, it's a good question. You probably can evaluate it to a degree. I mean, you know, there's pressure out here, especially when you're trying to win a job, and you go back to when Justin won the job how he handle it. But I don't think you're ever going to really know until I mean, everything guys do the first year is like a new day, So you know, it's a kicker. Every kick is going to be the first time he's done it over the course of his rookie season, So that's always going to be a little bit of certainly going to be an unknown if you know, whenever you go with the rookie kicker, that would be an unknown.
Speaker 9: Sorry, do you fear the rookies in particular show up more prepared, more better knowing their craft already because there's so much more from out there and you're going from them, whether be're elead eleven type of camps all the way up through now, and the way that you approach and how.
Speaker 2: You what you can do with them on day one. You know, I think that's a great point, Pete. I would say, yes, they are more prepared than ever for whatever reason. Maybe it's coming up through high school and you got all the camps with all the little helmets on and all the flag football and all the passing leagues. I don't know what it is, but these guys come in ready, and I think the college programs do a great job of preparing them.
Speaker 10: And Nebraska the start years.
Speaker 2: See here, No, we signed him, yeah, I believe. So it could be wrong, but we're checking the the wrestler. Yeah, we've only got sixty nine guys here. Okay, yeah, we get it.
Speaker 10: Back to you.
Speaker 2: I like them today. Look good, strong, one hundred and sixty six and oh I think right? Is that good?
Speaker 10: That's very good.
Speaker 2: Probably we'll see when we play Kelly, Greg you leveraged. He leveraged those blocks really well. Yeah. I watched him play in college. I mean he played against Michigan a couple of times, so a chance I was kind of we were talking in the uh in the hallway. I ran into him talking about the Michigan Nebraska game, so the Michigan was too.
Speaker 10: And all one time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't I might have mentioned that maybe anything else. All right, thanks, appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: Then we heard from first round safety Malachi Stars.
Speaker 6: Malachi, how exciting is it to be on the field? And John Harball told us she even broke down the huddle just kind.
Speaker 2: Of what is that? What was that like for you to do?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's just a great opportunity to be here.
Speaker 12: More organization like this, and uh, we got a really good group of guys here, so just to be able to go out there today again, afield, move around, communicate, just kind of get a little taste of what it's gonna be like.
Speaker 10: I think it was good for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you expect to break down the team?
Speaker 12: No? He he threw me off with it, but it was a honor, you know, and I don't I don't take it lightly. I'm I'm happy I got to do it and hopefully I can do it again.
Speaker 7: Ye now kind it alway kind of let your football iq right, And I'm how impressed the worthy interviews and whatnot tickets to Like, what would be some advice you'd give another player that can play kind of well next year in terms of picking up and playbol for.
Speaker 2: How you how you go about that?
Speaker 12: Yeah, honest say, just really dive into it. You move so much faster in the game of football when you know what people around you are doing. Uh So, just being able to kind of pick up on what your other safety is doing, and then your corner, and then your your nickel, and then the linebackers, and then when you get to the front, you know you're fit. And then at that point you know defense. So now you're just playing with the offense. Okay, what's the offense giving me? They're gonna give me this? How can I How can I beat that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 12: So at a certain point you just get to where you're playing defense, but you're playing with the offense while you're play and defense.
Speaker 10: Okay, can you can you share a little bit about what your message was breaking down?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Like I said earlier, it was a really good day. Uh gods had really good energy. Everybody was on time the meetings. I told him just to be on time again, to come out tomorrow with the same energy and just keep having fun. You know, we're all here chasing our dreams, so we're all supporting each other and just you know, keep it, keep it going.
Speaker 10: You've been through a couple of practices. Have you seen the difference between the John hobball.
Speaker 9: Maybe that you were needing during drafts and maybe now in practice moved game.
Speaker 10: He's the same. He's the same guy day in and day out. He really is.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 12: And just like his energy when he's out there, and just like what he brings to to practice and to the team. I mean, like it's it's crazy, like he walks out there and he starts talking and it's like everybody's just boom, let's go to work.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 12: So I said he was blessing to have him as a coach.
Speaker 9: Break down the teams, as he mentioned up here too, with kind of like with the first round pick, there's a lot expected of you, and that's when you're to be that kind of leader. To see this kind of was that a reminder to you of kind of what they're going to expect from you going forward despite the fact that you just.
Speaker 12: Got Yeah, yeah, but I already knew it just kind of coming in.
Speaker 10: We had talked about it.
Speaker 12: Uh, just you know, being that being that leader, keep being myself who I was when I came from the University of Georgia. So just being able to continue to be myself and really dive into being a pro and bring gods along with me as well.
Speaker 10: I think it's huge for me. How did your when did your leadership?
Speaker 1: I kind of plays the first take you Is that always been there?
Speaker 3: Or how did you develop yourself?
Speaker 10: You know, I think it's it's always been there.
Speaker 12: But I think when I got to University of Georgia, I just followed the right people, uh, the leaders that were there before me. Like I watched them and I saw what they did, and then I figured out how I wanted to lead myself. And I feel like you should always lead by example, So that's what I do. But like, I've learned different styles and techniques that people use, and I kind of picked it up and put.
Speaker 10: It into my own leader.
Speaker 12: So just being able to watch people the right way and the right guys has helped me a lot. Nolan Smith, Christ Smith, Dan Jackson, who's in this process with me, A lot of guys like that just really helped me out.
Speaker 7: Coming from a successful program in Georgia now being drapped into another successful franchise. What does it What does it mean to you to be able to play for Randy a playoff?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I love winning.
Speaker 12: So I'm excited, I really am, and I really I'm excited to learn. I'm excited for the vests to get back and you know, even the guys. I'm here right now just learning from everybody and just really diving into the whole process.
Speaker 10: Uh No, you gonna go ahead, Kyle and are Darius? What do you hope that you can learn from them? Options? Yeah, I just want to be a sponge.
Speaker 12: Like they know so much football and like watching tape, you see it, they just moved so fluently, like I had talked about earlier, Like they're on a different level of like knowing knowledge of football, and I.
Speaker 10: Want to get there.
Speaker 12: So just being able to, you know, be a sponge and listen and you know, really just dive into it with those with those guys and everybody in the room two as well.
Speaker 10: I'm excited we.
Speaker 6: Got a chance to talk to Hamilton or any of those guys.
Speaker 8: Yet.
Speaker 12: I know that I had restarted Colin text him, he had text me back, and then I texted real Quin as well. So I've got the chance to talk to a few guys.
Speaker 8: All read that.
Speaker 1: Next we heard from second round outside linebacker Mike Green.
Speaker 10: Something.
Speaker 5: You know, it's always great to be drafted, but is there something to be drafted being a defensive player?
Speaker 10: And coming to the Ravens and knowing all the defensive history.
Speaker 11: Here, Yeah, it means a lot. This This team has a has a lot of great culture that's that's been going around. And you got to think about the guys that's been through here, ray Lewis, Terrell, Suggs and and so forth. It's just like it means a lot more. Since I'm a defensive player as well, and just seeing all those great defensive players walk through here, it means a little bit more for sure.
Speaker 7: I so like your.
Speaker 3: Emertional draft ball and the murder and ne drafted. Can you take us inside your emotions.
Speaker 4: At that point.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I really just wanted to get picked up, you know what I'm saying. I didn't care if that was the first pick of the draft or if that was mister Irrelevant. I just wanted to get picked up. And and just when I when I met with Eric DaCosta, he told me when I came on my thirty visit, if I see a four one no number, that's him.
Speaker 1: So we laughed it off.
Speaker 11: Whatever, And it's crazy because everything just came in full circle. I'm I'm sitting down on the couch and I'll see that four one, No Number, and I knew it was him, So it meant a lot, and uh, me and my family got to celebrate that, and it was great, like some.
Speaker 2: People had to pick.
Speaker 3: And was comment waiting or just the fact that you got drafted by team that you know defensive rich from.
Speaker 11: Home to Yeah, of course, of course it's tough, just just knowing that you got first round potential and uh, just knowing that regardless the team that you was gonna go to, that you just wanted a chance to get the first round. And and then that was a goal that I set for myself. Didn't didn't really get to see it, get to get that goal. But coming to the Ravens was a blessing in disguise, and uh and I live by that, and I mean that, I honestly can say, I don't think there's a better program or franchise that I can be a part of than the Ravens. So I'm blessed to be here. It's an honor. I'm ready to get to work.
Speaker 6: How much, like how much would this motivate you going forward, the fact that you had to wait maybe longer than you.
Speaker 11: Anticipated, Yeah, I mean a lot. I feel like all my life I've been able to keep a chip on my shoulder and I feed off of that, and I feel like just going just being able to go out there with with just a chip on your shoulder, it means a little bit more. And I feel like just just going through that process of of of knowing that I have potential to go somewhere but and go to a certain a certain pick, but but not. It's just something I'm gonna keep on in the back of my head when I when I'm able to go and get these other teams team maybe every single team, every single team.
Speaker 10: Yes, we're very you were very candidates.
Speaker 11: Combine about the past and secual assault allegation with.
Speaker 6: Correct and how much did you worry that that was going to cost you in the draft process.
Speaker 11: I mean throughout the draft process, you really just need one team to to choose you, and and that happened to be the Ravens. And I'm just blessed to be here. Unfortunately I didn't get picked up in the first round like like I wanted to. But but like I said, this is a blessing in the skies. I'm glad to be here, and uh, I'm just focused on moving forward with my with my life and with my career and and that's gonna be here with the Ravens.
Speaker 6: How much did the Ravens ask you about the accusations? I mean how much dialogue did they specifically ask you about what happened?
Speaker 11: Every team asked me and and I've been completely open about everything, and.
Speaker 10: It's just it's.
Speaker 11: Something that I had to go through and I got through it. And like I said, this point forward, I'm just focused on moving on with my career at the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Like you know, you denied but.
Speaker 8: That allegations, but you shouldn't like how it happened that there were two separate allegations.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and a great question. Like I said, I'm just focused right now on moving forward with my career at the Ravens. I'm blessed to be here as an honor and uh, like I said, I'm glad to see what the future might hold for me.
Speaker 8: Have you done any work in the there's like training or therapy improved, so these.
Speaker 11: Things that happened again, Yeah, technically, I feel like throughout the pre drive process you got a lot of things going on, and I feel like I was able to to to to do many resources that not just helped me with with just on the field, but mental aspect as well. And I feel like, regardless, that was some resources that I was going to use.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Mike, did they talk to you about specifically your role how quickly you have an impact of what do you see that being?
Speaker 11: Yeah, they talked about my role, and like I said, there's no better place that that will fit me more the Ravens. You know what I'm saying. They it's first in run defense, second pass rushing or sacks, So you got to think about what more can you add to your defense? And I feel like the Ravens did a great job of pick somebody up that that had previous success at getting to the quarterback. So I mean, I feel like they just did a great job of adding adding to the to the skill set that the pass rush room already got. And uh yeah, So so I'm just I'm just glad to be here.
Speaker 5: Man, how many.
Speaker 2: You've got a team? You got one more? You got guys coming up?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Mike.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I appreciate talking.
Speaker 1: Finally, we heard from six round defensive tackle Anias Peoples. So what if kind of.
Speaker 2: Your first impression correction NFL Considallly.
Speaker 4: Just kind of been a prety, right, I mean, I just say it's everything I dreamed of. You know, it really takes me back to, you know, when I was a young kid, you know, playing in the backyard, you know, envisioning all those you know, fourth and longs and you know third and fifteen's, you know, for the wins. Like just being in here and being in this amazing football environment and this you know culture of winning. It just takes a beat to when I was a child. So I'm loving it.
Speaker 10: He is.
Speaker 6: How excited are you to work with someone like a Pro Bowl defensive tackle and now being not a VK. But also when you kind of look at this seam but it's not a whole lot of established defensive lines after, you feel like, you know there's a pathway for you to really be able to make it impact.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean just to be able to come in and you know, watch those kind of guys like you said, like Matt a BK guys I've you know, watched my whole college career, you know, always going out there and trying to emulate their game. You know it's gonna be it's gonna be special. You know, I'm gonna be a little starstruck, but you know, I'm gonna try to hold it in and you know, make sure I'm getting back to work.
Speaker 12: It seems like you had to put a chip on your shoulder that you lasted as long doing In the guy, you just take us through your emotions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's the same trip I've had my whole life, whether they had to do with the NFL draft or whether they had to do it, you know, just how I came up in high school. You know, I just feel like I've always had that trip on my shoulder, and you know, it's help. It's helped to get me here. So you know, I just continue to let that fuel me.
Speaker 7: Yes, you know, college do we see seem to be more moves for inside line than that. I typically see.
Speaker 4: What's your go to my go to like moves and what is pass. It's kind of just on what the offense lineman's given me.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: I kind of pride myself and being able to do a lot, you know, and with that being said, you know, it kind of just goes against So I'm going against the personnel and you know the kind of ballplayer he is. And the film I watched earlier that week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sure you've been asked other people this, But what goes through your head that first, the very first time that you see just the NFL jersey it's actually yours.
Speaker 4: I mean, it almost brought tears in my eyes. And I'm not just saying that, like I mean literally, like I said earlier, Man, it just it just reminds me of just my childhood and you know, the thing I dreamed of my whole life just come to fruition, you know. And I told my parents that that, like you know, and this is just the beginning, you know, and my job to my and my job to them, and you know, my the stentderd I have to upholder is this is gonna be the last time they see it. So that's just what I try to go through every day.
Speaker 10: It's gonna kind of like think the biggest supposes you.
Speaker 3: Got the drafted to need somebody eat out to.
Speaker 2: You didn't expect or any any big surprises suit you've gotten drafted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, just just you know, just being able to be so close to I guess I could say legends and guys I looked up to, you know, just being able to you know, reach out and call guys like better BK and being able to reach out and know that hopefully one day I can turn around to see ro kuwand Smith behind me, you know, those kind of things like that, Like that's probably the biggest That's probably the biggest shock to me.
Speaker 3: He's come from up. How much are you going to ask stuff to treat to cut out after when the draft is over and everything.
Speaker 6: About the U for the rest of the NFL and the GM's the.
Speaker 10: Message not much.
Speaker 3: You've come from a football faniler band. Go back to the grand following when did you first to see? All right, the NFL statue goal? That's what are some of the messis that you got in your family?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I mean from earliest I can remember, I always imagine playing in the NFL, you know, And thankfully, something I don't take for granted is that I have a lot of good role models, like you said, like my grandfather being one of them, my dad being one of them. So just having those kind of role models growing up was just always a huge thing for me. So it was always a dream for me growing up. And I'm just proud of myself and you know, trying to you know, Oh, I owe it to him to keep this thing going.
Speaker 3: That's all you can learn is that a little sack cancer.
Speaker 4: You never know what had to see what we get there.
Speaker 5: You mentioned your parents set, you talk about the inspiration for your name and just how cool, just something.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, no doubt about it. I assume you're talking about Nias. Okay, good? Uh yeah, So you know I was named after Nias Williams. So you know, growing up, my dad, like I said, always been being a big football family. So you know, seeing one of the legend's name of Nias Williams, like it was just something that my parents just thought was amazing. With that being said, my brother, you know, his nameive the Brayln Edwards. So you know, it's just we got a whole big football family, and you know, I hope to keep that tradition going on. Well, you know, I got the nickname Fub when I was a little kid, so you know, I mean I rarely even hear my hear my government name nowadays, but uh, you know, when I was a baby, I was fan Chubby, so they always call me Fubby growing up, and you know now that I got older, it got short of fuff, So you know, I just I ran with it all right.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. Please make sure you subscribe to this podcast feed and the Lounge podcast feed. Thanks him, We'll talk to you soon.