Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at what's happening in the marketplace today on Paul Swiney alongside Alexis Christoffers. We're joined by Bloomberg's Billy Lipscholtz. Billy, what are you looking at today?
Speaker 1: I want to start with Intel, the story of the day right now, up about twenty five percent, biggest intra day jump since nineteen eighty seven. This coming after Nvidia unveiling plans to invest five billion dollars in plans to co design chips. A big move, Paul, for what has been really a company that struggled for the last few years, though you do have that big government stake plans to take about it a ten percent stake in the company. Add onto this, a big rebound for the stock, but still kind of looks a bit like an EKG to me when you look at where this thing has been trading over the last two years.
Speaker 3: Got Novo Nordisk on the move today, I guess it's it's we keep going back and forth with these companies in their typees drugs or weight loss drugs.
Speaker 1: What's the news there. It's a bit of a two horse race. Novo Nordisk ADRs ticker Envo rallying more than six percent today. This coming after a study showed that its diabetes drug outperformed Eli Lilly's so ozempic. That's the Novo drug outperforming Eli Lilly's older drug, Trulyicity, and a real world survey of certain US patients this showed that Medicare patients who took ozempic were twenty three percent less likely to have a heart attack or stroke. So seeing some positive news there. One thing to keep an eye on, though, Novo Nordisk. Again, while it is up more than six percent today biggest jump since August, still down fifty three percent in the last twelve months. So these are two stocks that really rote a lot of momentum and that has fallen pretty flat.
Speaker 3: But I think the next thing in this whole weight loss thing is the pill that's going to make it, I would think easier for a lot of people to take, so that broadens the market, hopefully a lower cost maybe eventually to consumers. That could be like the second derivatively or second wave of this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's been the big issue with these two companies is that you saw over the last few years so much excitement around ozembic. But as a person who covered biotech and healthcare for the first five years of my career here at Bloomberg, there's always a question of what the next generation is. Who's going to be the company that kind of drives that into the pioneer. So the big question is, to your point, who and when will bring an oral medicine to market?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gonna because I mean, you walk around now and you see someone who maybe could benefit from this, and you wonder why they are not taking And there's could be a million reasons, but one of them I would think would be just kind of the they don't like shocks, maybe the cost is too high and things like that. So you said that they continue to move that forward. That could be big for a lot more people speaking of I don't know, let's go tack about it. Because I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 1: As everyone you're a fan, I'm a huge fan. I go back and forth. I don't know about you between the chicken frieds taking the chicken and dumblings.
Speaker 3: I'm a country country boy breakfast, that's kind of what's my go to. I love it, but can I admit I've never eaten at Cracker Barrel.
Speaker 1: There's not one in Manhattan.
Speaker 3: That's the challenge.
Speaker 1: Well, why do you leave Manhattan?
Speaker 3: You do love, you do get off the rock.
Speaker 1: But to your boy, Cracker Barrel tickers CVRL under a bit of pressure, down just about two percent right now, though it is trading at the lowest level since early May. Is coming after the company laid out a weaker than expected forecast, showing lingering issues related to that logo backlash. The company projecting revenue for fiscal twenty twenty six between three point three to five billion and three point four to five billion. Analysts we're above that with just about three and a half billion dollars, so falling short again. Big question is how do they kind of deal with the fallout from that rebranding, given that we did see some data from the same store sales and foot traffic showing that there actually was a pretty notable drop.
Speaker 2: The stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.