Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: Earns is twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: We have execution. In order to execute, we have to have information and the number one place that get the information eyl University shotty tell them what we bring in.
Speaker 2: Yes, Eyo University has been reloaded. We already have one hundred pass webinars. We already have weekly webinars, We already have our private investment group on Facebook, we already have monthly financial planning calls, we already have bi weekly real estate called. But what has been added to eyl University this year is access to MG the Mortgage Guys home Buyers Blueprint, which walks you through the home buying process from A to Z. And what also has been added breaking news alert. Everybody always has to be in our group chat and when we talk about all the investment plays that we are making. We are going to have investment calls, group chat calls with me, Troy and the whole team and walk you through our plays that we're making and give you insight into our portfolios. All of that for seventy five percent off. That's right, We are doing a lowout sales seventy five percent off for a limited time only. Go to eyl university dot com right now and sign up.
Speaker 3: See you on the other side.
Speaker 4: My graduates from my school being forced back drop b drop my.
Speaker 2: Drop back drop drop. So we're gonna jump right into it, right. So we get a lot of feedback on Instagram recently about leasing cars, buying cars, right now you have a wealth of information being in the car industry for how long, over ten years.
Speaker 4: Well, twenty years now this year, actually twenty years in the car industry from the bank to the dealership side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've worked every every facet, basically every fascet. So all right, so we're gonna get into your backstory. But before we get into the backstory, I want to just jump right into it because people take this like very personal. I notice, it's like a real personal thing. Like it's like, you got like a thousand comments over a video that we're posting and people are like, that's a terrible idea. Should never lease a car? And people are like, no, you should never buy a car. People arguing with each other, they're about to start fighting on Instagram. So it's like I realized it's one of those things that's very emotional for people, and nobody wants to feel like they made a mistake. So if you brought a car, it's like, you don't want to admit that that might be a bad you brought up at least a car. You might not want to say that's a bad idea. So everybody's like, you know, so my personal opinion on it is that you know, there's no right shoe that fits all feet. Right, leasing is a great option for a lot of people. Buying a car could be a great option for a lot of people. Buying a used car could be a great option for a lot of people. Think with our podcast, we're just trying to provide information, right, so and.
Speaker 3: Just so we know, like we've done both.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Personally, I tell my story. Yeah, so my personal journey and cause is when I when I graduate from college, Right, that was my first time getting a car. I didn't have a car before that. So when I graduated from college, I came home and the first car that I had, I wanted a luxury car, so I brought I brought a used Infinity out of G thirty five. Infinity like a couple of years, but it was it was nice car. Cool that Uh So I had to had a G thirty five and it was nice. And I had that car about five years. I had a terrible interest rate because I didn't have any credit. So I'm just trying to figure it out as I go. So in year five started to like fall apart tires. I had to start buying tires and like transmission and a whole bunch of everything to start falling apart on it. Right, So I need a new car. So when I was I went to the now it sound upgrade. So I went to the BMW dealership and I was about to get a BMW. So when I went to the dealership, I want to buy. I want to buy a car. I'm thinking, like, I want to buy a car. On a rent a car, buy a car.
Speaker 3: We heard that that that line, Well, it's all right, we don't buy we don't. At least we bought the whole cars you should. We grew up thinking like, yeah, you got to buy a car.
Speaker 2: Jay Z really tanged at our ring shot shout out to Jay. I saw a guy. But yeah, he said that line. We don't least we bought a whole call as you should. We like we got by car. That's the mentality he was having. So when I went to the dealership, that the guy he was telling me, he's like, nobody buys called. Everybody that comes here has money. Nobody's bout ninety percent of people here at leasing cars. So I'm like why, And then I started to dig deep into it, and then I started to understand why he said that as far as like the tax business benefits and all of the different things that come the benefits that come to leasing. So then my last two cars at least I had at least a BMW now leasing the bens and I don't know what I'll do next, but I'll probably.
Speaker 3: End up our story of the Cimmar Like around that same time, before you had a car, he was driving everybody's car, Like, SHO need your car, So he was driving cars and he I brought it with me when I got my second car was a BMW and we had a crazy story there at the dealership, but I was. I financed it and I got the payment out. They were like, I never forget.
Speaker 2: When you crash your car before I got it off the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we crashed it right, Yeah, as soon as I drove they were like, ah, now just leave it will come back another day. So I crashed it, well, they crashed it as soon as I got it. It was like five hundred and sixty two dollars for the payment. I was like twenty four years old.
Speaker 4: I was like, man, you were financing that car.
Speaker 3: I was like, well that's a lot. Yeah, I said, that's a lot. But you know what let's just go for it. And like you said, we was cruising it. It was a nice car and year four or five, like those BMW's, they had just changed the body. It was like two thousand and four. It had just changed the body. I got in two thousand and six, and every time something was wrong in the car, like it was the center would go off and censors would go off. I was just like, this is just getting annoying. And every time you fix the sensor it was like three hundred sixty dollars. I was like, this is crazy. Finally I paid it off. It was like twenty twelve, and I'm like, what am I gonna do with this car? Like it was a fifty thousand dollars car. I looked at the value of it because I was driving it everywhere. The miles was crazy.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: They were like, we'll give you six thousand dollars for this thing, and I was like what right after six years of pain? And then like the parts, like I said, the parts themselves. Like that's one thing that I learned is like no matter how old the car is, the parts don't depreciate. So like if you bought it in nineteen eighty six, and you need new parts. The parts still cost the same, and I was like, you know what, this is it man? And the final straw. My son was born and I had the BMW five twenty five. At that time, it was still coming in real world. They didn't have four wheel driving all the cars. And I was coming up the hell in my house and the car started rolling back. It was snowing aground and literally the third day, like, that's what you bring your kid home? And we like went into oncoming traffic and I was like, this is it.
Speaker 2: I'm done.
Speaker 3: I'm never driving his car again. I'm never buying a car again. That's the end of the story. And I literally walked them up the hill and left the car down the street. We never got back back in wild.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, so we're gonna go into the details of leasing versus buying. I'm gonna say it for my standpoint as far as owner before. But first I want to give you the floor, right, all right, So can we talk about the difference between leasing and buying a car? What are some key differences in leasing a car and buying a car?
Speaker 4: Well, on at least most people, you'll hear that a lot people say, well, you don't own the car, right, But the truth is, do you want to own a vehicle that's going to lose value?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Very rarely do cars go up in value. So that's why leasing is so prevalent, seventy eighty percent, Like you said, of people lease the vehicles. When you're financing the vehicle, you do, you technically own it, but the bank owns it while you're financing. So until you pay it off, the vehicle still belongs to the bank title the titles held by the bank. You're not the owner of that vehicle.
Speaker 2: That's something that's that's a common misconception. You don't own a car the way until you finally pay it off. And then when you do pay it off, most people want to trade it in.
Speaker 4: They want to trade it right away old by the time you own it now.
Speaker 2: It's old exactly. But another thing with the leasing that people don't fully understand is like for me personally, right, the reason why at least is that I'm a business owner, right, so I get better tax treatment for least in the car. Whereas like with the least I can write off the insurance, the gas and the least payment formula percentage, we won't get too complicated in it. But I can write that off on my taxes. If I own the car, then I could only have to go a by the depreciation because it's a own I get less of a tax benefit for owning a car, So it's in my benefit to lease the car because it's pretty much a write off for me, and I don't have to worry about maintenance. Right, So I never haven't gotten I haven't paid for oil change and I can't remember when because all least everything is paid for, yes, and then I get a new car every three years. It's not I always sell, like if you want to. Everybody's personal preference is different. You can't foreshew views on somebody, right, Like if you want to keep a car for ten years, that shit right, you can do that. I don't want to do that. I want a new car. So I know it's going to cost me a lot more money to buy a car and then buy a new car every three years as opposed to leasing a car and then getting a new car every three years. And the upper front is less yep, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely yeah. On a lease, you only pay let's say the taxes right when you're financing in the vehicle you pay tax on the whole price of the car, or on a lease you only pay tax and let's say the monthly payment. Depending on the state and where you're registering the car, Let's say like New York, you're only paying tax on the monthly payment.
Speaker 2: Right. So I think that that's something that people could And as far as for me, I don't drive a lot, so twelve thousand miles. I never go with twelve thousand miles. I usually hit like eleven ten to five, So it's perfect for me. But you were saying, even if you do go with twelve thousand.
Speaker 4: That's a big misconception. Also, it's a lot of people think that if I drive a lot of mileage, I shouldn't be leasing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: You hear a lot of people come in and they say, you know, I do fifteen twenty thousand miles a year, I shouldn't you know? Leasing is not for me. I think the contrary. The way I look at it is when you're leasing the vehicle, even if it's a high mileage, least you know your true cost of ownership, Like you said, with maintenance, right, you know that you're gonna have this car three years you're gonna put fifteen thousand miles a year, you'll have forty five thousand miles. Most warranties are let's say, four year, fifty thousand mile bumper to bump a warranty, so you'll still covered under your warranty, you see what I mean. So you'll be able to look at it and say, hey, you know what, I know exactly what I'm gonna be paying every month for this car as long as I have my lease. Now, when you're financing a car and you're putting high mileage on the car, the two things that lower the value of the car quickest is the amount of milege you put on it and the condition of the car. So let's save the vehicle was in an accident. So if I'm leasing my car and someone that my next door neighbors buying their vehicle and they're financing their car in three years, I have a lot more flexibility of what I can do. I don't have to worry about if my car was in an accident or you know, does somebody key my car? Did a garbage truck come down the street to hit my car? Because their value is dropped now, So now you're playing this guessing game of well, wait a minute, what is my car now worth? And you run into a situation where you finally pay off your car. You put money into the vehicle trying to fix it, and they turn around to hey, your cards worth six thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: The other thing that we talked about was that technology is moving so fast, so things get antiquated quick. So that's why leasing is nice because in three years you may not need a small sedan right now, In three years, your life changes. You have a family, you have kids. Now I want to suv. My lease is up. I come out of the lising, I go into the brand new suv if I want can't fit quarding anymore?
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now that's true. Technology changes even like the few if I have now, like I saw the two twenty twenty mode, I'm like, wait, yeah, that is ridiculous, Like I need that technology now. So it's like you can just come in every three years. Man, that's a that's a huge benefit in leasing. One of the things that is important when you're lease in all finances is the credit Yep, how does that work? Is there a specific bureau that car dealerships use, or the bank.
Speaker 4: So it varies between manufacturers, so different banks. So let's say, if you're going to Honda Honda Financial, Toyota has Toyota Motive Credit, Mercedes Benz has Mercedes Benz Financial. They all have different criterias, right, So it's not a blanket as far as what they use. Some people use transunions, some people use echo facts. Other manufacturers use what's called an autoscore. So an autoscore means your automotive history. So even if you had some trouble on your credit, but they saw, let's say, for whatever reason, you had some medical bills or something happened, but you always paid your car node on time. The bank may look at that and say, hey, well wait a minute, they missed some payments over here, but they always paid their car on time. So that means that, hey, you know what, this person needs that car. They need to get to work, they need to provide for their family. So no matter what happens, they're going to take care of that monthly payment.
Speaker 2: And another thing I want people to think too. A lot of times people will look at it like, okay, well, I'm not a business owner and we're talking about luxury cars. Just because we have luxury cars, but it's the conversations for any type of cass it doesn't matter. But also people have to realize is that you don't have to be a full time entrepreneur to be an entrepreneur because the tax system. I can't stress this up. The tax system is set up for entrepreneur and investors. It's not set up for employees. Right, So as an entrepreneur, you get all kinds of benefits. You can write off meals, you can write off travel, you can write off almost anything realistically as long as it makes sense. Don't get order and cars is one of the things that you can write off. Right. So if you work in a regular job and you might have a side hustle, why not get that incorporated, get an LLC, get a sea court, whatever you want to do, and get a tax id, opening up bank account. Now you have a business. So now you can lease that from your side hustle business, and you can deduct the same deductions like if you work the regular job. Right, Like now that that goes against any money that you make on that end. So I say that to say we have to think like business people and you don't even have to actually be a full time business owner salespeople as well. Right if you're a ten ninety nine or if you are in some form of sales where you can take deductions like real estate, stuff like that, insurance you show insurance the same thing. So a lot of times people you know they have negative views towards things because they don't they have a lack of understanding it. Once you have a lack of understanding.
Speaker 3: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, or seats of digital tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more. That's Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision.
Speaker 5: Forward, power up fall projects with ego at loaves. Every tool delivers power beyond belief, so whether it's leaves, limbs or long cleanup count on Ego to deliver the power, performance and innovation you need. And now, for a limited time, save up to sixty dollars on select blowers, chainsaws and pull sauce shop Ego today it loves offers dollar to ten to one while supplies last selection varies by location standing.
Speaker 2: And like I said, now, if you still choose to do that, then it's your decision. It's free country. But a lot of times if you make decisions based out of ignorance not knowledge, right exactly. So one of the things I want to ask you was you said MSRP versus price, right, what's the difference?
Speaker 4: It's selling price, all right? So yeah, so you have MSRP. Right, that's what's on the windowsticker, right, So the manufacturer suggests the retail price of the vehicle. That's MSRP. Manufacturer suggests the retail price. That's what they recommend you should be selling that car for now. The selling price is what you negotiate, right or whatever. However you can reduce the selling price of the vehicle. That's what that comes down to.
Speaker 3: Is that the same thing as a cap cost.
Speaker 4: So no cap cost. Let's say you're leasing or your finance in the vehicle. The final cap cost is the selling price plus anything else. So whatever money the bank is lending you, whatever it so least or finance, they're still lending a certain amount of money. So let's sayd the lease, if you rolled your taxes into your payment, that's going to add to your cap cost. If you negotiated a fifty thousand dollars selling price and then you rolled your taxes of two thousand dollars into the lease, that's fifty two thousand dollars cap cost. And is that negotiable. Well, it's based on what you negotiate as far as you let's say you're selling price. So whatever fees you put into it, those aren't negotiable. Those let's say taxes and DMV fees, things like that.
Speaker 2: So all right, we talked about okay, talk about leasing a car, but buying a car. Somebody wants to buy a car, right, and you were saying most of the time, if you do want to buy a car, it it makes more sense to buy a used cost.
Speaker 4: I always recommend people, if you are going to buy a car, buy a certified prince. Now, listen, there's vehicles you can find out these lots that are not authorized, let say Mercedes Benz dealerships or Toyota dealership. Me personally, I think you're better off going to You may pay a couple of dollars more, but you're getting it from the manufacturer, so you have the backing of manufacturers. Just give you an idea. Most companies, when they certify a vehicle, the vehicle goes through let's say, you know, one hundred and fifty pointe hundred and sixty point inspection. So not only will they inspect the vehicle to make sure that it's in certain conditions, so they'll eliminate things like let's say this frame damage to the car. If the car is frame damage doesn't qualify for certification, so it's eliminated. Most dealerships won't even take that car. They'll send that car out. And that's what you'll see the vehicles on these other side lots, right, and they're selling those vehicles. So there's really no recourse when it comes to something happened to the car. Not to mention the fact that once that car goes through the certification, a lot of manufacturers will put new car interest rates on those cars. So typically pre owned cars or used cars will have a higher interest rate than a new car. But if it's certified, you get a better interest rate. So like right now, like let's say you have one point nine nine percent, you can't get one nine nine percent on a used car, you know, anywhere else, you know what I mean, If the vehicle's certified, that's the way to do it. Me personally, the vehicles, as you guys have all heard this, people say, oh, well, the vehicle loses value as soon as you drive it off the lot. Now what happens is really it's once it's registered the vehicle loses value. That's when that's when the vehicle loses value. That's normally when you're driving off the lot.
Speaker 3: That's when you got it brand new.
Speaker 4: So yeah, when you're buying a car brand new, it initially loses its value when you drive it off a lot or the vehicle is titled. So now you're buying a vehicle, who's going to that's going to depreciate in value. That's what a car does. It's going to go down in value. So you're financing a car that's losing value. It already took a big hit right when you're buying new opposed to a certified pre own that the initial depreciation has already happened. It's already taking place that you knew that car was taking care of the manufacturer. The dealership, you know, is putting themselves behind that vehicle, saying, hey, we know this vehicle, We've inspected this vehicle, we know this vehicle's in good shape. We're willing to even put a new car rate on it. So you have some more confidence when they're buying that type of vehicle. Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: There was another thing that we saw when we were reading it was gap insurance. Now that's something that doesn't come on a finance, but it does come on the lease.
Speaker 4: Yeah, New York State leases all have gap insurance. Now what happens. People don't realize that if a vehicle is let's say total or stolen, any negative equity. So if your insurance company says, hey, your car was worth ten thousand dollars, but you owe the bank twelve or thirteen. Without gap insurance, you're responsible for that negative equity. Okay, you're a negative balance, you're responsible for that amount. So that's why all New York State leases will have gap insurance.
Speaker 2: All right, So for people that go into the dealership and they don't really know what questions. It's iluent to me because you don't really know if you're gett ripped off or not. You just call me, So like what questions should they ask? Like, how do you know if you're getting a good deal? How can you get the best deal? Everything negotiable, everything's negotiable, So how can you get the best deal?
Speaker 4: So here's what it is I mean, and it's the car business has this bad reputation, right, sometimes we make it harder than it has to be as a consumer. Now, if you know there's a vehicle you want, there's so much information out there. You can go online, you can do research, you can find out what the cost of the vehicle is. But at the end of the day, I always recommend trying to buy local. Try to buy where you're going to be servicing your vehicle and they want to take care of you when you have a problem. Yes, you can go to any matter of fact, you can go to any dealership and try to get help or have your vehicle serviced. But a lot of times when you buy local, they have more of an interest in taking care of you because you know what you purchase from them, They're going to take care of you first.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: If you came to my dealership and you bought the car in Jersey, right, or another dealership, but another customer came in and he bought his car here, who would you expect me to take care of better?
Speaker 2: Or first? Right?
Speaker 4: If I have one loaner car left, I'm going to give it to the guy who's little to me and he say he's buying cars. As far as the price goes, listen, there's a lot of information online.
Speaker 2: You can go.
Speaker 4: You can look up what the costs of the vehicles are. I do reckon Comen. Listen. You want to shop around, but at the end of the day, once you have a bottom line number, go into your local dealership say hey, this is what I got. Can you guys match it, get close to it, beat it, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: What sites do you recommend, like Kelly Bluebook or.
Speaker 4: Kelly Bluebook's great. You know, there's a lot offormation. If you go to Google, you can search, you know, car gurus, they'll give you all types of information.
Speaker 2: What about what's the residual value? All right?
Speaker 4: Residual values what the bank? The bank sets what's called the residual value. A residual value is the estimated value of the vehicle at the end of the lease. Okay, so that's what the bank is assuming or hoping that the vehicle is going to be worth once your lease is over. Now, that's determined by the mileage, right, how many miles. The less miles you put on a car, the higher residual value is going to be a good. Thing about the residual is that you want to have a high residual value. The higher the residual value means that the vehicle is going to depreciate less. So you're paying a smaller monthly payment because your monthly payment is based on the depreciation. Okay, So let's give you mathematics. Right, If the car has a selling price, let's say fifty thousand dollars, Right, Let's say's an MSRP of fifty thousand dollars, just to use round numbers, and the residual value is fifty percent, So it's twenty five thousand dollars. It's what the vehicle's going to be estimated to be worth at the end of the lease. Right, So you're going to pay that difference between the fifty thousand and the twenty five thousand, that's depreciation. But let's just say you just negotiated your price down to forty five thousand, So now you're shrinking the depreciation because it's between forty five and twenty five a post to the forty five and fifty, so you're paying on that depreciation. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Okay? And what about the cap reduction? All right?
Speaker 4: Cap cost reduction, that's the money down. That's what your initial investment to bring your payments down. So you'll see a lot of times people come in they say, well, I saw an ad that said three forty nine a month, but in that fine print it said thirty two ninety nine cap cost reduction or money down. So a lot of times people come in they say, well, I don't want to put any money down. That means you're still giving your taxes, your first month's payment, your bank fee, your plates upfront. It's not mean doesn't mean you're not coming up with anything out of pocket. That just means you're not putting on a cap quest reduction. So to give you an idea, let's say in a thirty six month lease, one thousand dollars cap quest reduction is equivalent to roughly thirty dollars in your monthly payment. So if you're at you know, let's say four, you're at four to fifty a month, and you want to get down to four to twenty, you put a next thousand dollars down to get you done to that monthly payment after you've negotiated your best deal. Now, some people are opposed to putting money down. It's all a personal preference. Some people, let let's say they know they want this particular car, and maybe their company gives them an allowance for their vehicle, or they just want to keep the payment below a certain budget because they want to you know, work their numbers in there for their monthly payments, right, they may put that money down. Me personally, I don't put money down on the lease because I'm okay with my monthly payment and I'd rather have the money in my pocket. That's the way I think.
Speaker 3: And sometimes the dealerships have things built in, right, specials like that, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are specials where they have incentives from the manufacturer if they're trying to move particular products. You know, some people come in and say, well, wait a minute, why is this car fifty five thousand dollars and this car is fifty five thousand dollars. Let's say two differ and bran to different models, right, Or maybe an SUV wants a sedan and the prices are different, right. And what happens is we may have a lot more sedans in inventory and there's not a lot of these SUVs around. Everybody's buying SUVs. So the manufacturer says, hey, let's help the dealership move these vehicles by putting additional incentives on it so they're payment below.
Speaker 3: Is that specific time of year that that happens like I always see, like it's like a summer sale or winter.
Speaker 4: Every manufacturer has different sales events, like let's just say from Mercedes normally, then the end of the year is a big time. Also in June and July you'll see some nice sales events. But the way I look at it, it's all based on what you need, right, Depending on when you need your car is when you want to work your best deal. Do the payments fluctuate to a point where it's hundreds of dollars difference between those sales events? Not necessarily Normally it's a thirty forty fifty dollars difference in the monthly payment. So if you need a car, listen, you want to go into the dealership. You want to build a good relationship with your dealership, and if you spend some time work the deal obviously make sure that you're there for a reason. A lot of times people come in they go, you know what, just give me your best price. I'm leaving that. That makes it a little bit more difficult, And I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: People get focused as far as the numbers go. I totally understand it. You want, but my thing is this, we want to give people great deals. We want you to buy cars. Right, It's not about the car business has this you know persona of being like, oh, they're gonna rip me off. That's not the case anymore. Listen. I'm sure there are people out there who take advantage of people, but that's not the case. And most highline dealerships, al most you know mom and pop, you know organizations where they really love to take care of people.
Speaker 2: And then you could buy a car at the end of the lease, right if you want.
Speaker 4: Now, you can buy your vehicle out at the end of the lease. That's one thing people ask me a lot. Look, I want to lease this car and I want to buy it.
Speaker 3: That was a big fun right went out least with the option to buy.
Speaker 4: So my thing is this, if you're going to buy the car, buy the car now, all right. Now, here's the thing. We go back to that residual value. You want that residual value to be high. You almost want it to be unrealistically high, because that means your monthly payment on you're going to your lease is going to be lower. Now here's the thing. Now, at the end of the lease, all of sudden you say, well I'm gonna buy it. You're buying it at that very high residual value. You have the option to buy it at that price. Okay, So now you're basically any savings that you took advantage of because that residual value is high, you're basically giving it right.
Speaker 2: Back to the bank. That's the other thing too, as far as with leasing a car, the monthly payments are usually lower than if you buy that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, call normally.
Speaker 2: That's another thing people have to understand too. It's like it's okay not to own everything. For me personally, I don't necessarily want to own a car. Because I'm gonna lose money on it, right, So I don't want to own something that I'm gonna lose value in. So that's like owning a house that you know is going to go down and value of what's the point of owning it.
Speaker 4: I'd rather in it.
Speaker 2: I have to have somewhere to live. I don't want to own a house where I know if I'm gonna pay one hundred thousand and then ten years it's gonna be worth twenty thousand.
Speaker 4: Well that's what I tell people. If let's say there's an area that you want to live in. Well, for whatever reason, the views or whatever is, the schools, whatever it keeps, you want to live there. But let's say the real estate agent said, hey, great news. This house is x amount of this apartment is X amount of dollars, and every year it's going to go down in value. You're gonna say, well, wait a minute, I don't why what I buy that that you better? You're better off renting it, right, you say, listen, I want to live here for three years, but guess what in three years from now, I want to go move to the suburbs. You know, I like the views where I am but I can't see myself raising a family here, right, you'd rather rent that apartment, And renting is like that that that case, like, it's like leasing where you have the option to walk away from it at the end of those three years.
Speaker 3: Now, there's something called a lease end calls. That's like something that's like a hidden court that I actually found out about. So like, if I have a Mercedes and I lease it, but at the end of the lease, I decide, you know what, I want to go to BMW.
Speaker 4: There's a price for that. So they have what's called the disposition fee. All right, there's basically a fee to turn in the vehicle. Now, here's the thing. If you go with another BMW, a lot of times they'll just wave that fee. Right Now, there is a reason why they charge it. It's not just a penalty for leaving the brand. They have to keep in mind, once you surrender that vehicle, they have to pick up that vehicle, they have to condition it for resale, so things like that that they go through this paperwork that has to be processed in order to do it. And obviously it does give you some sort of incentive to stay with the brand.
Speaker 3: Right, So if I say, there's that course, obviously they waved that for you.
Speaker 4: Most manufacturers wave.
Speaker 2: I learned that. I didn't know that. I learned that when I was trade my car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I have to stay with Mercedan.
Speaker 3: Were trying, man, we are trying.
Speaker 2: I got But before we go, I have one other question. I just saw recently online where somebody said that they they sold their car back to a dealership after they leased it. How does that? How does that work?
Speaker 3: With that?
Speaker 4: So very rarely does it happen where the vehicle has a higher value than the residual value. Okay, so let's say the visual value, like we talked about twenty five thousand, the guy kept it in great shape. You hardly drove it. You want to put minimum knowledge on the vehicle. Car's garage keptain. All of a sudden, for some reason, there's a there's a high demand for that particular vehicle. Let's say this thirty thousand dollars actually the book value for that car, and he was twenty five. He can turn out to the dealers and said, hey, I know my buyout is X amount of dollars. Would you be willing to buy that car from me? In order for me to trade.
Speaker 2: It back to you.
Speaker 4: Now they have some money that they could put towards another vehicle. Also, yeah, said.
Speaker 2: That, No, it was it was Matthew knows.
Speaker 3: Oh, and that pulled the t pain bought the one million.
Speaker 2: He didn't. He lost. He lost thousand.
Speaker 3: He blew the engine or something like that, and he sold it back to the dealership. He lost one thousand.
Speaker 2: Other years, well, he brought the car and then sold it six months later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's rare that that happens, you know, Like I said, cars are depreciating assets. It's very rare that that'll happen. My graduates from my school being forced bad.
Speaker 2: Drop bag drop Mike, drop bag drop drop.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job post seen on other job sites. With INDEED sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need