Speaker 1: This is the most traumatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison and Lauren Zema, it is the Morning After the Night Before. We are coming you from the home office in Austin, Texas. But we just got back from launch day for our new endeavor, our new network, Merritt Street Media up there in the DFW area. What an unbelievable day, Ilz, that was a good line.
Speaker 2: Did you ever say that on The Bachelor? That actually the Morning after the Night Before? It's funny a friend, it makes you think for a second.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine who I went to college with, his dad wrote a country song. He was a lawyer and he was not a singer at all. He has since passed away, my friend's dad, but he wrote a country song, a random country song called It's the Morning After the Night Before. And I've always remember that line. I'm like, that is a great country in Western.
Speaker 3: That's a great line. Did the song go anywhere?
Speaker 1: No, not at all. No, it was he wrote one song and that was it and he went back to lawyering.
Speaker 2: Wow, maybe in his honor, we can make that a segment on our new morning show.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like that the.
Speaker 2: Morning after the Night Before, as we brainstorm segments for our morning show after the launch of Merit street Media, our new home network. Yes, everybody, if you missed it, we took you on the journey. There's stuff up on our social media, on our instagrams about what the day was like and to clarify if it's confusing. So, Merritt Street Media is now live. It is a new channel. You can find it on DirecTV if you go to Merritstreetmedia dot com. There's a channel finder and more than DirecTV. I'm just giving that as an example because my sister works there.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: My little sister sent me an email She's like, there are meetings about the Merit launch.
Speaker 3: Our worlds are colliding.
Speaker 2: So Merrit is on so many different platforms that has launched in eighty million homes. So go to Merritstreetmedia dot com and click on the channel finder, put in your zip code, or for free, download the Merit Plus app. It takes f five seconds to make a quick log in with your email and you will be able to stream Merit Street Media for free anytime.
Speaker 3: On the app.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we will continue to talk about the day and all the festivities and who was there. But one thing that's interesting that you didn't have to do back in the day was explain what a television network is. It's kind of I don't want to say antiquated because it's not. But people are like, okay, so is a streamer? Is that this is now? It's hard to explain now because we have so many things in our lives. This is a television network. It is an actual network that has with a studio. We are on TV. You can find us, so, as Lauren said, download go to go to Meritstreetmedia dot com or download the app. But yeah, we are on Dish, We're on direct. A couple of questions I know we're getting, are you are we up in Canada? We're going to find that out YouTube TV. We're negotiating that. There are some places that we aren't yet. We are continuewing to roll out. But it is and I learned this yesterday. The biggest network debut in modern history. The last network to launch was Fox. And I remember this because I was in local news when Fox started rolling out local news stations and picking up distribution as well. I didn't realize that was forty million subscribers is what Fox, the actual network launched with and then Fox News came later and that was even smaller. That was the last big network launch. This is the biggest two x that over eighty million subscribers. What Doctor Phil and everybody involved in this have accomplished is monumental. It's really incredible.
Speaker 2: So Merritt Street Media has launched in eighty million homes and we are so excited to be able to get our morning show going for you guys, our reality dating show. We are in the works, We are looking at people to higher we are you know, developing these shows. But what we were celebrating this week was the network going live, and Chris and I really wanted to throw our support behind Doctor Phil, Steve Harvey, Nancy Grace, the Merritt Street News team, these people that were going to be on the network right from the beginning with their products and just make sure that that launch went off with that a hitch.
Speaker 3: And also it was just a really fun day.
Speaker 2: We got to kind of meet some of the people we hadn't met before, some of the news team, and there was Caviar, which just always is wonderful for me. But most importantly, everyone is so kind and full of energy. Like one thing that Chris and I kept saying, is honestly being in LA for a long time. Yes, La has some glamorous aspects to it, but people are also there's a lot of burnt out, kind of jaded people who've been working in this industry a long time. At merrit everybody is like just so pumped to start something new, to build, something new, to create in the state of Texas. I mean there were politicians there, yes.
Speaker 1: Jay Governor was there, Mayor for Worth. Yeah, a lot of dignitaries showed up to be kiss ribbon.
Speaker 3: This is hirge.
Speaker 2: They want to make Texas a home and this is something Chris and I have wanted to do since we moved here, make it a home for film and television production. And then they just voted thirty one zero against it, thirty one for it unanimously to put huge hundreds of millions of dollars behind film and TV production.
Speaker 1: Huge bipartisan effort here in Texas. Tip of the cowboy hat to Taylor Sheridan, who was a big part of that. The Lieutenant Governor was saying, bi parties an effort. Thirty one oh, everybody voted two hundred million going into film and television industry here in Texas, and this is something that is a side aspect I never thought I would get to in my life. Obviously working on the Bacheler Bacherette for so many years. You want to be able to come back home and impact where you grew up and try and grow this industry and to be a part of this now to launch this network. The actual footprint of this network, it's a five acre studio that's being built or is built, but it's still being kind of completed as other studios are being built out on that property. Five acres under roof. This place is huge and doctor Phil Primetime his studio, the new studio. There are other state of the art studios being built, a Lauren Zima Chris Harrison morning show studio coming up. So it's really impressive what they have done in the state of Texas and North Texas in general, to be able to hire so many people, create jobs, help the economy something I'm really proud of. It's a side part of this that really got me excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and part of the reason behind this big studio. Some of you may know that like Tyler Perry, for example, has a huge studio in Atlanta, or that tons of filming of TV and movies is done up in Canada. You know a lot of the movies you see and the TV watch is not filmed in La.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very very little of it.
Speaker 3: Actually, Yeah, it's very expensive to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One of the oddly one of the first things, one of the first questions in Hollywood is Okay, we're going to shoot this show or this movie, where should we go?
Speaker 2: Really, you guys were holding it down by filming in the Bachelor Mansion. Still really you only did it for a few days.
Speaker 1: There not many shows in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: So what the hope will not The hope it's going to happen here is that this huge studio is going to be the site of movies are going to come and film also at this studio that Merritt has built. They have some incredible stages to get that done. So it's super exciting and the launch day was awesome, kind of taking everybody through it. We arrived, did hair and makeup with our awesome new hair and makeup team, and there was a big ribbon cutting ceremony out on the Doctor Phil stage. Steve Harvey was in the house. It was great to hang with him. I didn't realize you had been on his show before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd met Harvey. I was on his show a couple of times. And one of my you know, big claim to fame was we were on we did a putting contest on his show, and and we that was He kind of interviewed me while we were putting.
Speaker 3: You remembered that you beat him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he came back. I met Nancy Grace. I had never met Nancy. She came in from Atlanta. She has a two crime series on the show. Very sweet. She was so blown away. The first thing I heard was Nancy Grace in the hall when she ran into l Z. Oh my god, you're beautiful. They were so sweet of her. That was very sweet, and so everybody was just there's this collegiate atmosphere. Just everyone was so fired up, so excited. When you see someone like doctor Phil, like Steve Harvey, Nancy Grace with those not jitters, but the excitement and enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: When you see people who've been doing this for a long time excited like their kids.
Speaker 1: The people that should have could be jaded. Yeah, and they were so fired up.
Speaker 3: Well, I look at.
Speaker 2: Phil and he's inspired me so much because he just never stop stopping. I mean the guys launching a network, you know, And it's his energy for this, his enthusiasm. When you hear people who are like I don't want to work, you think, okay, let me show you Doctor Phil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you complained about your work. He was the first one in yesterday. It's his network. He handled the launch. Then he you know, glad handed and walked around and you know, shook all the dignitary's hands and took care of everybody all day. Then we did press, We did, you know, a bunch of interviews and podcasts and all that. Then at the end of the day Doctor Phil and Steve Harvey went in and did his podcast live for two hours last night. Wow. Then he finally left at six o'clock last night and the PR person was like, he's leaving now because he and Robin have to go to a birthday party. The dude is relentless.
Speaker 3: And I love Phil and Steve's friendship. It's very sweet.
Speaker 1: But I've never I knew they were good friends. They were like brothers. It was funny yesterday just watching them.
Speaker 2: Even they wore like the same suits, one in blue, one and black.
Speaker 1: It was very There really is a brotherhood there. There was really a tight bond. It was fun to see. Man, they're just getting after each other Kidney.
Speaker 2: A joke on the Merrit Street media instagram was who has the better mustache?
Speaker 3: Steve was winning at my last check.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie Steve Harvey has a better mustache.
Speaker 3: Wow, maybe you're talking about it is our bod, but yeah, it was. It was really cool too, because.
Speaker 2: I like, I think about you know when I and this isn't like a knock on any other place you go to work. But it's just it's rare that people are embarking on something together. That's why I keep saying Merrit has it is a startup. It has the startup energy, yeah, but all the experience of people who have been in this business a long time. And that's an incredible combination that I've never had before. I've worked at a startup, but everybody was twenty three and new, and so it's so rare that people are building something together. But that's what makes us all happiest, isn't it. Like I read the other show, Sure, try to think of when you were happiest in your career and then try to do that. And I thought, well, when I've been happiest is when I was building something. There's something like human in that, and so I'm really thrilled that we're in that place again.
Speaker 1: It was really interesting yesterday with you know, I was a b to come into this, both of us with we've already had nice long careers and so usually when you were kind of creating something and doing this, we're younger, right, it's when you know I started in the news industry, so did you at Newsy and then I started TVG, a horse racing network, and that started from scratch, and you know, you're young. And so I was talking to some PA's yesterday and some interns that came up to both of us, and they were so sweet, and I said, you know, you're going to look back on this day and realize how special it is because you will see the picture that we all took on the stage, all the crew, the talent, everybody got up there and took a picture. And I said, you will look back ten years from now, you won't recognize this place. You will realize how young you were and how innocent all this was, even though you see there's kind of this weird thing. You know, when usually at startups it feels like a startup. This doesn't. Because doctor Phil's there and Harvey and the lieutenant governor.
Speaker 2: And because the a five acre, multi multi hundreds of millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this thing is a monstrosity.
Speaker 3: I started and was like one office.
Speaker 1: But I told him, I said, even with all this glitz and glamour, I promise you, ten years from now, you won't recognize this place. It will be so magnificent, so much bigger, and so much more advanced. And I promise you what we're doing today is not perfect, it's not right. Everything will be changed and fixed and be better. Even though even though today felt great and the news is going wonderful, it will get better. And so it's just funny. You will look back on those pictures and go, man, we really were starting something really new then totally.
Speaker 2: And also it's great how many young people are in the building. I mean a lot of people are like, shout out to sweet Madison, a new PA who was so excited to meet us yesterday. And it's just nice to you know, have that joy, you know again from young people starting out. And that also means people are new and they're green and they don't know the industry yet. But I always say I would much rather have I mean, I've managed a lot of people before.
Speaker 3: I would much rather have.
Speaker 2: Excitement, effort, enthusiasm, and then I'll teach you what you need to know. Then people who know how to do it but don't give a crap about how to do it and are burnt out, like I would rather teach you and know that you care. So I'm excited about that too.
Speaker 1: Let's answer some questions. Is this a religious network? No it is not. It's not a religious network. Is it a political network. No, it's not a political network either. This is a television network.
Speaker 3: This is for are people asking them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are things I'm getting, And so these are the I'm answering questions I've been getting on social media.
Speaker 3: I just keep getting win. Is your morning show going?
Speaker 1: So the Canadian thing? God bless you.
Speaker 3: My Canadians are so passive.
Speaker 1: They are so unbelievably supportive. I love you, guys, and I don't know how or when, but Lauren and I are going to come up and do some sort of a thing up in Canada. Y'all are just so great and so and I know y'all are chomping at the bit and I appreciate it. I'm going to figure that out. I have text messages in already this morning. I haven't gotten the answers back about distribution in Canada, but I promise you I'm going to get this answer for you guys, So thank you.
Speaker 2: And did you ask if the Merit Plus app is available in Canada?
Speaker 1: L's thing is, I know you can download the app and try the app first and again it's you know, kind of like a lot of these streamers when you go out of the country, they get shut down. So I don't know, but I'm gonna check on that. But those were a couple of the big things. Also, you know, is it just a streamer? No, this is a TV network. I had, you know, even people I worked with, you know, asking me, you know, what exactly is this?
Speaker 3: Well, one thing I love kind of to the is it religious?
Speaker 2: Is a political I think sometimes people have seen like clips that went viral of Doctor Phil and like maybe they have an idea about it or whatever. So the Doctor Phil that we've met, if you're not as familiar with his show, the first thing he said to us is and he said this yesterday on the stage at the ribbon cutting. He approaches everything from the facts. I mean, the man started out. You know, he's got an incredible amount of degrees under his belt. He is all about the science, and that's how he approaches everything. And on his show that he is daytime show he used to do. He told us he before for every show, he would prepare by having a team of experts from all different areas, fields, political affiliations, genders, religious.
Speaker 3: He would have this super diverse.
Speaker 2: Panel research and prep him on whatever issue he was going to go out and do his show on and he would literally have a binder of information that he would review. And he has now taken those people and he's actually made a show for them on MERIT.
Speaker 3: It's called the Behavior Panel.
Speaker 2: And he's putting the spotlight and all these experts because something he really wants to do with Merit is bring people clarity in this time when there's so much noise around issues that truly.
Speaker 3: Affect all of us.
Speaker 2: Like one of the topics discussed yesterday on the first broadcast of the Morning News on MERIT was should cell phones be banned in schools?
Speaker 3: I mean, these are you know, like should TikTok be banned?
Speaker 2: Is this headline that's everywhere, but it affects all our kids.
Speaker 1: And I think people think these subjects and they do, I guess to a certain degree. We allow them to get political. We allow our feelings and everything to bleed into these topics. And what Phil and what you're alluding to that he is brilliant at is He's going to bring you the facts. This is the truth. What you choose to do with that, if that hurts your feelings, if you think it encroaches on your politics or your religion, whatever that is on you. And he's very clear about that. He's going to tell you the facts. And I love that about him. And so you know when people say, oh, is it political, is it? No, That's not what he is setting out to do. It's not what any of us are setting out to do. It is entertainment. You know. In his show last night, he had a brilliant show. Show Number one was the Son of Hamas. He was literally the son of the man who was running Hamas and so they got into it. I mean it was a deep, deep dive into Hamas and all of this in Palestine, everything going on quickly you're like, oh my gosh, this is very and that he had both sides. He lets everybody speak and have their sin and it's a brilliant take.
Speaker 2: Well, it was interesting to hear, like the Lieutenant governor spoke just about like how happy Texas is to have this facility in this industry here now, and he was saying, you know, there's a lot of people trying to get into Texas. We see this news at the border every day nationwide. And however frustrated we might sometimes feel about like the current state of our government or politics or however you feel, people still want to come to America. People the world over still see this as the place where dreams come true and promised land.
Speaker 3: And there's a reason for that.
Speaker 2: It's because of how what we were founded on and the opportunity you can have here. And so it's just like I love that the network is starting in Texas for that reason, and I love that Phil is about getting to like what, you know, let's try to get America back on track.
Speaker 3: And yeah, like him start.
Speaker 2: I admire that he was brave enough to start his first show is first Doctor Phil primetime evening show with a topic that tough with as polarizing of a topic as the state of Israel and Palestine is right now. And we were there for some of that taping, and Phil was unwavering because he came in with the facts, and he came in with the truth, and he's a very intelligent man, and he just wanted to talk about the realities of what's going on there.
Speaker 1: One thing that Phil said yesterday and I believe this and echo the same sentiment. This is why I really believe in what he's doing. He wrote a book called We've Got Problems, We've Got Issues, We've Got issues as his book, but what he says in that is we've got issues, but they're not insurmountable. We can fix these problems. And yes, we still live in the greatest country in the world. It's not perfect. We have problems. Yeah, we have problems. Everyone can say both of those things are true. Yet we can still love this country, believe in this country, and still try to fix those issues. And I kind of like that sentiment because his thing he always says, people right now just want to win arguments and they don't want to solve issues, and that is what he's trying to do. And that's kind of what this network stands for. And I really really loved that. We were talking about Twitter yesterday X on stage, and he was talking about how X and things that are said on social media are so impactful. When this goes back to my time on The Bachelor and Bacherette, there were a couple of people in particular, that if something was said on Twitter, it shook them to the core and would change the course of our entire franchise. One or two people could say something on Twitter. That's how gullible these two people were. It's how I don't even know what you'd say it. I guess how simple they were. And so doctor Phil was saying, and I knew this too back then, and I would tell these two people, guys, do you realize that less than twenty percent of the country is on Twitter? And of that twenty percent, what was the number, It was like ten or twenty percent of that would actually.
Speaker 3: Tweet, would actually use it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And so when you when you talk about those numbers, it is minuscule who is on social media the probably who's actually tweeting. And so his point was Doctor Phil's point is it is that vocal minority. It is the fringe that is just yelling the loudest and if you and he said this on stage yesterday and I loved it. He goes just because you yell loud, He's like, I can talk loud too.
Speaker 3: I think what happens on Twitter too is that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've seen it because I worked in media a couple Like, first of all, a lot of its bots too. But people will tweet and then like somebody needs a headline. Literally, they need to write an article. They got to make content for their job, and so they take like two tweets, embed them and say people are saying this, and it's like, are people saying that?
Speaker 3: Is that? Are those two bots? Is too?
Speaker 2: Even if they're real people. Is two people enough to say people are saying? But then it's a headline and then it has weight and so it's this firestorm. And by the way, and this isn't like a knock on the media, but most of the people using Twitter are the media. It's like journalists and media just kind of back and forthing.
Speaker 3: And it's there's a lot of funny tweets.
Speaker 2: I like to read a funny tweet, But is it the bible that we should be you know that headlines should be created on No, it isn't so, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Anybody can be loud, but is that person right?
Speaker 1: Okay? So the other big question, probably the biggest that you and I both got way, Are you guys going to be on TV?
Speaker 3: Yes, So we had a meeting about that. We'll be totally upfront.
Speaker 2: We had a meeting about that yesterday at the end of launch day. We plan to be live with our morning show in the next couple months.
Speaker 3: That is the plan.
Speaker 2: Again, we really wanted to support getting Merit live and then you know, be able to kind of come in a few months and give it a fresh injection of new programming with our morning show, and the hope for our reality show would be that we'd get it gone soon after that. Yeah, soon after that, sometime this year.
Speaker 1: Both are moving both are moving forward quickly, and I really feel y'all's frustration in ours too. We would trust me. Laura and I were there yesterday, were like, man, you just want to be there. It's like going into a stadium, like I want to play, man, I want to be on the field. But I really appreciate the patients that they have had because I love this rollout. Most times when you do a startup, it's like, hey, we got to go. We have a limited amount of money, we have a limited amount of time. If you're doing something, go like Lauren, Chris, Phil, everybody get on air and let's try and do this thing. And this network has a different approach, and I love the fact that they are patient and said, no, no, we're going to launch this. We're going to get you know, work the bugs out, get going, get some momentum. Then let's launch you guys, and let's do things successfully. Let's do them wisely as opposed to quickly, which is a really different approach to television and launching a network. But again that's why it's successful. So it was a great meeting. We are hiring and putting our team together. Everyone's excited about it. It's going to be so much fun. But we're excited. And by the way, I will be appearing on Doctor Field primetime.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, between know, and then we should note that you have done I don't know if you've really talked about that.
Speaker 3: You've done several episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Phil came to me and said, look, in the meantime, what I would also like is for you to be on my show on Doctor Field Primetime kind of what I was doing with Oprah for so many years. And so there are there are topics that I jump in with Doctor Phil. Some of them have to do with relationships that I think. There's one coming up this week. I'll let you guys know for sure what day it is. That will be the first show where I appear with Doctor Phil. But I'll be throughout this year appearing with Doctor Phil from time to time. And it's talk about fun. Man, that's amazing to be on stage with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and for you to kind of come in and do the Chris Harrison hot seat then exactly who are making some bad relationship choices?
Speaker 1: I wanted to watch Doctor Phil do the hot seat and to talk about a different hot seat. There's some people that are up there with Doctor Phil and I in the hot seat. When I mean you get both of our stairs. That's a lot. Was there one thing yesterday that really stood out to you? Was there one moment or like it was there a best thing?
Speaker 2: I just think that it made me feel really like we were asked at one point to describe as we were kind of filming promos and stuff. Describe Merritt Street Media in one word, and the word that jumped to mind for me was hopeful. Like again, I think I have been feeling over the past couple months, maybe for the first time, even after everything we went through, even after like losing my dad, after after some stuff that I've been through, for the first time in the past couple months, I sometimes feel this like God is our country. Like I'm like, am I getting old? Or are things really in a tough spot? Like is it just that as you age you start to be like things were better back in my day?
Speaker 3: But then I'm like, I don't know, I'm thirty.
Speaker 2: Five, that it feels young to feel that way, And so I've wondered if it is just the state of things. But that launch day and this network makes me feel hopeful and people need hope, and hope is also valid and so like again to be around just the energy of everybody, the excitement, the fact that we have these bosses who aren't operating out of desperation, but actually one of the backers to Merit said to me, yesterday, we birthed to baby today, but we got to take that baby into adulthood, And he said, parenting is never over. And I loved that because I thought, well, what he's saying is he believes that this thing is gonna this is going to be around. This isn't like, you know, we launched a show and maybe it's going to get canceled. This is like we've made a network and we're going to keep building it forever. And so I loved that support and positivity, and I love you know, yeah, everything that doctor Phil has set it up for, as you said, but we've got let's talk about solving problems and let's figure out solutions. And so that made me happy.
Speaker 1: This whole thing. I just pinched myself as we were driving back home from Fort Worth last night after having dinner with our daughter at TCU. I mean, what a dream this has been, and to not only be doing this, to do it up in my hometown. Our kids are at TCU. We had dinner with one of them the first night we could because Taylor had chapter, So we had dinner with Josh. Then we had dinner with Taylor last night, and then we're going to work up there and we're doing it together because so many times, you know, again it's just normal. This isn't like whate was me or victim or anything. That's just how life is. When we go to work, we go to work alone, right, And so usually I would have done a day like yesterday alone and it's exciting and it's fun. But I would come home and I would have told you all about it and you're like, great, I'm excited for you. But instead I get to walk hand in hand with you through the door and we're doing press together. We're talking about us and our show and what we are building together, and it was just fun. It was a magical day for me because I've very few people ever get to have this. It really is a blessing and a treat And the fact that all this is happening is I'm just pinching myself every damn day. It's insane. I almost cried three times yesterday. Yeah I didn't notice that. Yeah, I mean well, and again with Taylor at dinner last night. It was just like I just get so overwhelmed with the emotion excitement of all this, and it's just like, it's really a beautiful thing in my life and I'm and obviously it's because of you, and so I'm so excited for it. But anyway, So I should mention because I kind of alluded to it. Yes, there was a gift. You gave me, a push present that meant a lot, because I had warned me.
Speaker 3: I love it. You keep calling it a push present.
Speaker 1: I know, network, Yeah, it was a congratulatory push present. But yeah, because I had worn this beautiful watch that I had borrowed from this this amazing jeweler here in town, here in Austin m Robinson, thank you guys. But they just let me borrow it for the wedding and we gave it back and you went and got that actual watch, the watch, not not a replica of the same watch that was still there from our wedding, and gave it to me yesterday as a gift right before we went on. And Lauren totally sucked me in. She's like set up, She's like, well, let's do the social media thing. And she set up this camera and started videoing. I'm like, okay, babe, like what we what are we doing here? And I'm just kinda sta and there in my suit and she's like, you're missing something, and she went and got the watch, so she videotaped me getting it, and I was like Oh that was smooth because I was totally gullible in the moment, but it was It just meant a lot. The whole day just was emotional.
Speaker 2: Well, I wanted you to have First of all, I was like, I don't know, I've been thinking about getting you that watch, because yes, you borrowed it for a wedding, which was great, but then it felt weird that it was going to be like out in the world without you.
Speaker 1: And it's by the way, it's like a puppy. You and I have visited that watch, you know.
Speaker 3: It's like you go back, we go to m Robinson a lot. We love you M Robinson.
Speaker 1: I would and every time we'd go in and do something, whether it's you know, whatever it was, I would go back to that counter and I would be like, can I see it?
Speaker 3: Can I put it all? I'm still there? Has anyone adopted it?
Speaker 1: I literally visited that watch like five or six times since her wedding.
Speaker 2: Chris loves watches, and I love I think that, like, I'm really into buying jewelry or expensive items like that have meaning.
Speaker 3: It's really important to me that stuff has meaning.
Speaker 2: I'm not just like this is pretty like you know, you bought me a pair of earrings, and I think like they're meaningful because you gave me those earrings. And I think that watches are really special, like I gave you a watch for our wedding because to me it meant like this is it was about time, this is forever together, and this this gift, this time, it's also about time. I think so much about how we're doing this network, like from this beautiful place of because we want to and because we're blessed to be able to what I want you to know because of a lot that's happened, and I don't know if you hear it enough.
Speaker 3: You don't have to do this.
Speaker 2: If you had just retired, been done after The Bachelor, you had a twenty year career on what was the number one reality show, on a cultural landmark of a TV show you helped create the industry of reality TV. You've had a career that you've worked so hard for that is a dream to anybody in this business that ninety nine point nine percent of this business never achieves. Most importantly, you've had a career built on caring so much about your fans and about people who have watched the show. And just you did everything right, and I know how hard you worked, and I just want you to know that what you accomplished is incredible and the time you spent doing that was incomparable. But now if you want to do this next chapter, which you do, and which we're doing together, then it's going to be a new special time. And I just want you to know how much you've achieved and that from here it's just all for for fun and for something we can do together.
Speaker 1: Thanks, bab I love you. I love you too, and you know I think you know again echoing something doctor Phil said is I don't need to do this. I just want to do this. It's a passion project. And that's how I feel. It's funny, I feel the same way, and that's what really struck a chord with me when you and I went and met with him early on. I'm like, I don't need to do this. I just want to do this with you, you know, I really, I just have fun doing this. It's what I really love to do, creating television, hosting it, connecting with people, reaching people, and doing it in a really positive way that people really need right now. It's awesome. It's so awesome. So it was a great day. And again go to Merrittstreetmedia dot com, download the app Merit Plus. Keep watching. We'll keep you updated of course, as we are progressing with all of our stuff. But thanks for all the support and all the love and we love sharing it with you guys.
Speaker 3: And also, as Phil says, this is our network.
Speaker 2: As we were just talking about, you guys are the most important thing to Chris and I always, and if you have like ideas of things you'd want to see on the morning show, if you have thoughts about how it should go, please dm us. I'm out Lauren Zima. He's at Chris B. Harrison, or you can shoot a DM to the Most Dramatic Podcast's account and let us know because we are in the phase of like coming up with segments, talking about what the vibe of our morning show is going to be, figuring out the name, and we would love to hear from you guys.
Speaker 1: We should have a naming up.
Speaker 3: I was about to quote that.
Speaker 2: Song lyric again, but that's too long for the name of the show. What was good Morning after the Night Before?
Speaker 1: It's the Morning after the Night Before.
Speaker 2: Chris will be singing every day on the show, he'll sing the theme song. So thank you guys. We are so excited and we love you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a wonderful first day. Congratulations to doctor Phil, to Joel Cheatwood, to Phil McIntyre, to all the folks at TBN that are behind this as well. It took a lot of hands to make this thing work. You know. I walked in that studio when it was sawdust and completely empty and walked around with Doctor Phil and some of the other folks that were going to be a part of this, and to see this come to fruition, to see the magic that they've created, they should be very proud today. It really was a magical, monumental moment. So congratulations to them. We appreciate their support and their love and friendship and can't wait to be a part of the team in a more involved way than we already are now. It really is fantastic. So thank you guys. We will keep you updated and we will see you again soon because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time,