Speaker 1: From iHeart Podcasts. This is Supreme The Battle for.
Speaker 2: Row Roll Against Wait.
Speaker 3: Starring Maya Hawk and William H.
Speaker 4: Macy, Mister Chief Justice and may have Pleased the Court.
Speaker 1: Episode two.
Speaker 3: This is what a courtroom looks like.
Speaker 2: Sarah.
Speaker 3: Oh, what is it wrong?
Speaker 2: Sarah? It's three in the morning.
Speaker 3: What are you doing up?
Speaker 2: What am I I'm going to the bathroom. I'm I'm I'm doing the only normal thing one does at three am. What are you doing in the dining room?
Speaker 3: Don't start wrong, Sarah.
Speaker 2: You had a full day at the office.
Speaker 3: The early stages of a federal case require a massive amount of paperwork.
Speaker 5: You know that, Yes, I do know that a dozen pair of legals are supposed to do that stuff for you.
Speaker 3: Oh, are there any in the bed with you? Because there are none here in the dining room. Let me know if there are any in the bathroom with you, Okay, Ron, Can I tell you a secret?
Speaker 2: Well, it's three am. You may as well.
Speaker 3: I'm really bad at.
Speaker 2: Paperwork, and that's not a secret, Sarah.
Speaker 3: I'm saying I can talk. Put me in a room with whoever you like, and I'll orate the heck out of whatever legal principle you want me to. I can preach. I got my daddy in me. I can answer questions too. But paperwork, it's not your thing. It's really not research either. Did you know that about me?
Speaker 2: Your puntry right now, Sarah.
Speaker 3: You know why because I worked a full day at the office and it's three am and I'm sitting in front of a mountain of paperwork instead of been bed with you.
Speaker 2: Good night, Sarah.
Speaker 3: I need help.
Speaker 4: A driver. Take I thirty five West to I four ninety four East. My seventh is a parking on this time of the day. Let the man drive, Harry. He knows what he's doing. You are just on edge and you're being rude to our guest. I don't see why I need to be in a limousine perfectly capable of driving us to the airport myself, Dottie.
Speaker 6: The President just wants you to know you appreciated Judge Blackman.
Speaker 4: And that's why you're here, mister Goldman, a token of his appreciation.
Speaker 6: No, Judge, I'm not a gift. I'm here to prep you for battle.
Speaker 4: Dramatic. There's very little resistance to my appointment to the Eighth Circuit.
Speaker 7: I'll do respect, Judge winning a spot in Saint Paul's pretty different from winning a spot in DC.
Speaker 4: Meaning exactly what, mister Goldman, call me.
Speaker 6: Sam for starters.
Speaker 7: You got the position on the Eighth Circuit Becausejessice Berger put in a good word with the administration.
Speaker 4: Aha, So nothing to do with my decades long career in the law or my double Harvard degrees. Got it? Go on, no disrespect, Judge. You know the more you say that, the less meaning it has, Right Bree Harry for.
Speaker 7: The Supreme Court, Judge Blackman, a recommendation won't cut it. Over the next few weeks, you're going to meet with every US Senator to try to secure his vote.
Speaker 4: One hundred meetings in a few weeks. I don't think I've met one hundred new people in the past five years.
Speaker 3: He's not joking, mister Goldman.
Speaker 7: You don't need to spend time with his senators whose votes are assured. Judge will focus on the fifty five senators who killed Hainsworth.
Speaker 4: Hainsworth's nomination that the Court failed. Let's not talk about him as if he was murdered, All right, Sam, in Washington, he may as well have been, sir, Well, good thing, I don't much care what Washington thinks of me.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what I'm getting at, Judge. For the next few weeks. That's all you should care about in these meetings. You need to do something I know you're not fond of. You need to be political. I hesitate to ask, But what does that mean? Means you don't have a firm opinion on anything. Whatever you take a stand on can and will be eased against you.
Speaker 6: You can't really mean that. If a senator.
Speaker 7: Asks if you love your daughters, you say you need to get back to him on that.
Speaker 4: So I should pretend to be a moron?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 4: It's Sam?
Speaker 6: Literally, no chance of you coming off as a moron, Judge Blackman.
Speaker 7: At worst, you'll come off as a politician, and if possible, be careful not too well.
Speaker 6: The less erudite, the better.
Speaker 4: Dottie, I think Sam is calling me pompous.
Speaker 3: Yes, well someone should dear.
Speaker 7: I read you worked as a janitor to pay for Harvard, Judge Blackman, that's the man the senator should hear from.
Speaker 6: Not the Ivory Tower.
Speaker 4: Intellectual. You do realize the whole point of Harvard was to become an intellectual. Right anyway, I'm an institutionalist. Sam. If confirmed to the Court, I won't be overturning the apple cart. I'll be steady and uncontroversial, just like your boss wants me to be. Surely it's safe to tell.
Speaker 7: Him that some senators will like that, others won't. I heard you're a baseball fanatic, Judge. Feel free to discuss that subject as much as you like.
Speaker 4: So you want me to take the brief opportunity. I have a nominee to the highest realm of justice in our nation, meeting with members of the world's greatest deliberative body and talk about harmon kill a brew and Rod Carew's batting averages.
Speaker 7: Now I need you to do more than that, Judge, even on the issues that matter most to you. You don't just change the subject. You stretch the truth, You glad hand and smile.
Speaker 4: Is this what you do for the president?
Speaker 9: Sam?
Speaker 4: Prep us beauty queens for the pageants.
Speaker 6: Judge, I'm a senior aid in the White House.
Speaker 7: My portfolio for the President includes the situation in Cambodia, nuclear non proliferation, civil rights, the cholera epidemic in Istanbul, and another two dozen crises that you don't even want to know about. So it should tell you something that I dropped at all to come to Saint Paul, just to fly back to DC with you and get you ready for this confirmation battle. And believe me, battle is an understatement. First two nominees for the seat went down in flames. This seat's been open a year, and President Nixon doesn't particularly enjoy looking.
Speaker 4: Like an amateur. Neither do I.
Speaker 6: Then you need to listen to me.
Speaker 4: Judge.
Speaker 6: The last two nominees didn't. Perhaps you don't understand.
Speaker 4: I understand all too well. Sam. No one in this country had ever given Judge Haynesworth a second thought, but after his rejection by the Senate, he became a household name by the press. Is anti labor, accused of enriching himself in a case, and called a racist, three charges that will now be the first line in that man's obituary. I will not let that happen to me or my family. Sam, you want me to pretend to be an idiot talk baseball, fine, chosen to step up to the plate. I have no intentions of striking out and becoming another Hainesworth. So tell me how to do this. As revolting as I find it. I promise I will go down swinging.
Speaker 10: Plalmer and Palmer Please hold?
Speaker 3: Can I help you? Miss Yesh I'm looking for an associate who works here, Linda Coffee?
Speaker 10: What is your name?
Speaker 3: Do you have an appointment? I'm Sarah Weddington. She's not expecting me. I called, but I couldn't get through. Thought i'd just show up.
Speaker 2: This isn't a scrap booking club, Miss Weddington, it's a law firm.
Speaker 3: You don't just show up now. I believe this coffee is in conference room nine, So if you'll take a seat, that's all right. I'd like a surpriser. Thanks. Hey, wait, you.
Speaker 10: Can't go, sir. You simply will never get a patent for that.
Speaker 9: Why on earth not?
Speaker 11: Because the law is clear, Sir, you can't patent a living organism.
Speaker 9: I disagree. When is your boss joining us?
Speaker 11: He's not, sir, Linda, Linda, Sorry, sir, give me just a second. Sarah Weddington. What on earth, Holanda? What are you doing here? Are you interviewing for an associate position?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 3: I came to see you?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: Yes? Really, Linda? Yes, can we talk.
Speaker 10: I'm in the middle of a meeting.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't seem like it's going so well, Sarah. I'll wait, how about a drink after work?
Speaker 10: Maybe? Okay, I'm gonna check my calendar.
Speaker 3: I won't take no for an answer, Linda, I need your help on a case.
Speaker 10: You need my help.
Speaker 3: Don't sound so suspicious. You were one of the most brilliant students in class.
Speaker 11: Yes, but there were only five women in our entire class, and we barely exchanged ten words there.
Speaker 3: How many do you need to make an impression?
Speaker 10: You look down on me?
Speaker 3: I was intimidated by you, Linda.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 11: I was shy and uncomfortable, and you were the most outgoing person in the whole damn school.
Speaker 3: You didn't respect me, and you thought I was only in law school to find a husband. Admit it.
Speaker 10: I need to get back in there. Nice seeing you, Sarah.
Speaker 9: I guess, sweetie, get your boss, Sarah.
Speaker 10: He's going to tell you the same thing I did.
Speaker 9: I don't want to hear it from a secretary.
Speaker 3: She's not a secretary, Sarah, Get out of here.
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 10: She's no one, sir.
Speaker 3: Linda Coffee is a brilliant legal mind. You're lucky to have her representing you. Did you know she was in the Dallas Morning News for getting the second highest score on the bar. Examine the entire state, and she's right. By the way, you can't patent a living.
Speaker 9: Organism, according to you.
Speaker 3: According to US Code Title thirty five, Section one oh one, you can patent processes, machines, manufacturers, and compositions. That's it.
Speaker 9: Huh, Well, why didn't you say that?
Speaker 10: You know what? Sir?
Speaker 11: Give me one more second. You need to leave, Sarah. You're gonna get be fired.
Speaker 3: I think you mean I'm gonna get you promoted. Anyway. I'm not leaving until you agree to help me.
Speaker 10: Lord. Can you just want me for the paperwork?
Speaker 3: That's not entirely true? I mean, yes, you are much better at that than I am, much better at preparation and procedure and research.
Speaker 10: But so what, what's the case?
Speaker 3: Does it matter? It's a real case, Sarah, what is it? We're challenging the Texas abortion laws in federal court. Don't laugh at me, Linda. How often do people with our chromosomes get actual legal work in this state? I just wish someone had warned me before three years of law school that no one would ever hire me.
Speaker 10: Sarah.
Speaker 3: Everyone warned you, and I know I'm not in the movement, okay, but this is a great opportunity to get some legal experience.
Speaker 11: I know it is. That's not why I laughed. I've been working on the same thing.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about.
Speaker 10: I haven't gotten far.
Speaker 11: I had this day job, but I do have some research and a lot of ideas.
Speaker 3: I knew I came to the right person.
Speaker 11: Don't get excited. We're definitely gonna lose.
Speaker 3: Who cares? I do have one question I'm hoping you can help me with right off the bat, though, Linda.
Speaker 10: What's that?
Speaker 3: What the hell do we do? First?
Speaker 11: First we find plainiffs, lots of them. You mean the lobby at sex.
Speaker 3: Thank god, hot coffee. I'm starting to think this is a lost cause, Linda.
Speaker 11: I've got one plaintiff for us already. She'll be Jane Roe. We just need a few more for the court record to make this a legitimate class action.
Speaker 3: Well, if the last eight women's groups, hospitals, and referral services are any indication, no other women are going to lend their names?
Speaker 10: Can you blame them? Hello? You too, Welcome to the session.
Speaker 3: Are you interested in joining our group? Sorry? Which group is this?
Speaker 10: We're the problem? Pregnancy counseling group. But I'm afraid we've just finished for the day.
Speaker 11: Ladies, I'm Lenda Coffee.
Speaker 10: If i could just have a second, excuse me, mess perhaps a quick.
Speaker 3: Word, ladies, if we could have your attention please, I'm Sarah and this is Linda Coffee. We're bringing a suit challenging the Texas abortion laws, and we're looking for plaintiffs, which is a fancy word for saying we need to put people's names on these forms. We have a brave woman signed up already, but we need a lot more now. We're paying all expenses of the case from our own pockets, so we don't have any money to offer. But but people would know I'm trying to get rid of my baby.
Speaker 2: You're joking, I'd get fired on the spot. Plus my family doesn't even know.
Speaker 3: Ladies, I know it's not easy.
Speaker 5: Doctors told me my baby won't live long and my boyfriend won't pay for us to go to Mexico.
Speaker 3: You can help me get the procedure. Oh maybe, yes, Sarah, let me talk to you for a sec. I know what you're gonna say, Linda, but maybe we can get her help from my coworker's referral service.
Speaker 10: Okay, but if you do that, she can't be a plaintiff.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 10: If she has the abortion, she has no standing. What would she be suing for.
Speaker 11: Only women who carry their pregnancies to charm despite not wanting to can be our plaintiffs.
Speaker 10: So can you help me?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, I think I can call this number, ask for Bee or deb. They'll refer you to a doctor who can help. Thank you. In exchange, I can do your suit or whatever. You can't actually, but that's all right. Just call that number. Take care of yourself.
Speaker 11: Oh thanks, Come on, Sarah, three more stops before we call tonight.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you coming by to talk to me today. Judge Blackman, good luck to you. No, thank you, Senator. I can't tell you what a pleasure it's been. Kill me. Just kill me now. Sam.
Speaker 7: You gotta lighten up, Judge, make the senators feel like you actually want to be talking to them.
Speaker 4: You're telling me to dance. I'm being considered for the Supreme Court, and you're telling me to dance.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, Fox Trot, Conga, Charleston, whatever steps You know you've met with twenty one senators already, which puts is kind of God.
Speaker 4: Is that all feels like one hundred and twenty one? If I have to discuss my judicial philosophy one more? Stop discussing it? Who told you to?
Speaker 7: Most of these senators can't even pronounce judicial philosophy. The ones who votes are up for grabs just want to know you're not a radical, that you like them.
Speaker 4: I know, I know you want me to discuss the Mary Tyler Moore Show or baseball.
Speaker 6: I implore you.
Speaker 4: Sam, if I take in an Orioles game, I'll talk about it till I'm blue in the face. Since I'm not at Memorials Stadium, but rather in the US Capital, I'd prefer to talk about real issues.
Speaker 6: Do you want to get confirmed or not?
Speaker 2: Judge?
Speaker 4: Who's next?
Speaker 7: You've got the next three senators together in mister Thurman office, Then we can leave.
Speaker 4: Thank God. I can't wait to get back to the hotel and sleep like a dead person.
Speaker 7: Sure, sure, but at eight pm you've got a cocktail party at Katherine Graham's followed by a quick stop at Congressman Blatnick's reception.
Speaker 4: Kill me, seriously, kill me now, Sam.
Speaker 11: Grap There have only been half a dozen suits in US history.
Speaker 3: Can that be right, sir, not big enough to say to president that's good.
Speaker 10: Rat, keep your eyes on the.
Speaker 11: Road, Sarah, I don't believe this. There's only been one abortion case in Texas history, and it was in eighteen eighty.
Speaker 10: How you doing on statutes?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you when we pull over, But I think article's eleven ninety one and eleven ninety six are vulnerable.
Speaker 11: On constitutional grounds. Otherwise we're back in state court. What about First Amendment?
Speaker 6: How do you mean?
Speaker 11: Well, doesn't the law prohibit a doctor from freeli asssociating with the pregnant patient.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good, Linda, write that down.
Speaker 10: Damn my fries. How clear are your floor mat Sarah? Never mind? I'm eating them either way.
Speaker 3: Linda, you realize you have more mustard on your cheek than your belly. Rat, We're so screwed.
Speaker 10: It's not a beauty contest, Sarah.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. But also yes it is, Linda. We need experts.
Speaker 10: We can't afford experts.
Speaker 3: Why because no one is going to be able to hear the message unless they respect the messenger. We need men, old men, old wat men with East coast degrees. Professor Dohlberg, that's right.
Speaker 4: What can I help you with.
Speaker 3: I'm Sarah Weddington and this is Linda Coffee. We'd like to talk to you about providing expert testimony for a federal suit.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, sure, where's your boss, sir?
Speaker 3: We are the lawyer's handling the case.
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 9: I'm confused.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, I'm saying we're the lawyers on the case.
Speaker 10: Noah, Thunk's taken, really, sir, we're.
Speaker 3: Legal secretaries at Weddington Coffee and Associates. Our bosses are interested in retaining your services. May we have a minute?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, of course, come right in.
Speaker 10: Legislation is stuck in committee for the fourth time.
Speaker 11: This may be the longest of shots, but it's also the last chance for a lot of women.
Speaker 10: You and Linda need to work harder.
Speaker 3: We have jobs, deb last time I look, this case isn't pay.
Speaker 5: That's supposed to be an excuse.
Speaker 3: It's a reality. Dep You don't like it, get someone else to work herself to the bone for free. All right, ladies, we're all on the same team. Let's take it down a notch. Sarah, speak of the devil. Linda, help me explain to our support group that we're working as fast as we can.
Speaker 10: T're on the radio right now? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Linda?
Speaker 10: Forget it?
Speaker 3: I'll do it now.
Speaker 8: On the calendar for May twenty third, the Dallas judge is hearing the controversial abortion case will be Hughes, Taylor, and Goldberg, three judges appointed by Democratic presidents.
Speaker 3: The Dallas Court accepted our case Hughes, Taylor, and Goldberg. Those are three liberals May twenty third. I thought we'd have more time.
Speaker 10: This is a good thing, Sarah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, sure.
Speaker 10: You knew this wasn't just for fun, right Sarah?
Speaker 3: Uh huh?
Speaker 10: What's got you?
Speaker 11: The court agreeing to hear our case was one of wait, let me do the math, two possible outcomes.
Speaker 10: I can't do it, Linda, Well, does it take the pressure off to remember? No one expects us to win.
Speaker 3: You don't understand. I never talked to a judge before. I've never made an argument in front of anybody that mattered. I've never even been inside a courtroom. Why are you laughing?
Speaker 11: You think you're Inexperience is what hurts our chances, Sarah, sweetie, we've never had a chance.
Speaker 3: Where are you going? Linda?
Speaker 11: Follow me and stop asking so many stupid questions. Thanks John, I appreciate you letting a sudden I'll be out by the time the courthouse cleaning crew comes, promise.
Speaker 3: So this is what a courtroom looks like.
Speaker 10: Not so scary, right.
Speaker 3: I don't think they'll let us argue the case at two am.
Speaker 10: Linda, No, probably not.
Speaker 11: But I'm going to be scared of a courtroom that has a post office on its first floor.
Speaker 3: What is in this flask rubbing alcohol?
Speaker 10: Give it back?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: I didn't say I didn't want it. So that's where we'll sit. I guess how many lawyers on the other side, I mean how many attorneys does the Dallas District Attorney have?
Speaker 10: One hundred and thirty?
Speaker 3: You don't think they'll all show up to you? Seriously though they won't, right, I'm still terrified, Sarah.
Speaker 11: We're gonna stand right over there and argue that abortion should be legal in Texas. The DA's office will fry us like an egg on the sidewalk in July.
Speaker 10: And we'll go home.
Speaker 3: Sounds about rat but.
Speaker 11: You know what will be going home with more court experience than almost any other woman our age, and we'll know we tried, Sarah.
Speaker 10: We may lose, but the.
Speaker 11: Court will still publish a public record that when women were dying and the legislature failed to act, Sarah Weddington and Linda Coffee did what they could.
Speaker 7: It's time, Judge, ignore the cameras, ignore the microphones, and remain not in the.
Speaker 4: Middle on everything. I'm surprised you haven't asked me to tattoo it to my eyelids.
Speaker 6: You're gonna do fine, Judge, just stick to the script.
Speaker 4: It's my confirmation hearings, not a Broadway play. Now, please go away. You're making me nervous.
Speaker 2: Right back at you, Judge, Good luck.
Speaker 4: Dad, Thank you, Sally. Any advice for your old man.
Speaker 3: Just say what you think is right.
Speaker 4: Be yourself, Judge, I beg you please do the opposite of that.
Speaker 10: Just ignore them.
Speaker 11: Sarah, let's get inside.
Speaker 10: You, Okay.
Speaker 3: A couple of those ladies regulars is my father's church. But yeah, how are you?
Speaker 2: Linda?
Speaker 10: My God? This Sarah. One hour and then we'll go home.
Speaker 11: Hey, we didn't have anything better to do this morning anyway, Right, all.
Speaker 12: Rise, let's proceed.
Speaker 3: You're upland you got this.
Speaker 10: Your honors mayn't please the court. Mmmm.
Speaker 11: We seek declarative and injunctive relief on behalf of our clients due to texas As anti abortion laws infringing on a citizen's basic rights. The right to abortion is a fundamental one that falls into the category of of sorry of.
Speaker 10: Fundamental rights accorded.
Speaker 6: Excuse me.
Speaker 10: Special protection in stan Lee v.
Speaker 11: Georgia, which extended special protection.
Speaker 12: Missus Weddington anytime. It's all right, Missus Weddington, take a breath.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Judge Cheese, Your honors. I would like to draw the court's attention to the fact that laugh is an ongoing process. To say that laugh is present at conception is to give recognition to the potential rather than the actual, which is far beyond any court's purview.
Speaker 12: Assistant Attorney General Floyd.
Speaker 13: Your honors. These abortion laws are in place for one reason, to prevent murder. Now, the mother's womb offers food and shelter, just like a baby in its home. To destroy an infant in the womb is homicide.
Speaker 3: It's your honors. In Keeler v. Superior Court, it was found that a husband who killed his pregnant wife, causing the death of their thirty five week old fetus, was guilty of one.
Speaker 13: Murder not to the plaintiff's lack standing, Your Honors, Jane Roe, who isn't even present today, must either be.
Speaker 3: If one lesson can be learned from history, Your honors, it's that through time in all cultures outlawng abortion never prevents women from getting them. It merely sends them underground.
Speaker 12: I have a question, missus Weddington, Yes, your honor. What about other district attorneys in the state, Your honor? According to the language of your suit, this case doesn't affect them.
Speaker 3: Oh well, it was our understanding that all district attorneys would be enjoined. We didn't mean obviously, we meant your honor. We goofed.
Speaker 4: Ready, Harry as I'll ever be, Warren relax. Swearing in is just the beginning. Oh I'm damn proud of you. Thank you, Warren. Dottie says, I need to be better at showing emotion. So I want you to know I became a judge because you told me to. I appreciate everything you've done to get me here, to get us here.
Speaker 14: But ninety four zero confirmation in the Senate, that was all you, Harry. Gather around people, Let's go, let's go, Harry, repeat after me. I, Harry Blackman, do solemnly swear I will administer justice without respect to persons and do equal right to the poor and to the rich.
Speaker 4: I Harry Blackman, do solemnly swear I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich.
Speaker 5: Hi, Daddy, Sarah, we just missed Pastor White.
Speaker 2: He was asking after you.
Speaker 3: I'll betty?
Speaker 5: Was what that tone is supposed to mean? I really don't know.
Speaker 3: Forget it. Sorry, how are things? How's holiday prep?
Speaker 5: It's coming fine, Sarah, glad.
Speaker 3: To hear it. You've been avoiding me, Daddy.
Speaker 2: Don't be ridiculous.
Speaker 3: You've been dodging my calls. You didn't even come downstairs when Ron and I dropped by the house last week.
Speaker 5: I had an hour left to rewrap my sermons, Sarah.
Speaker 3: Since when does it take you more than ten minutes? Did it have to be this what this case? Yes? It did, as a matter of fact. Why because there are no other cases, not ones anyone will give you.
Speaker 5: I'll raise your voice.
Speaker 3: Carry This has put you in an awkward position at church.
Speaker 5: I've lost parishioneries over it. Did you know that?
Speaker 3: Mom said, Daddy, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Congregants who have been with me for decades. Friends, A handful of them came to me asking when the hack you became such a radical. I couldn't give them an answer. It sounded like I didn't even know my own daughter. And then I meditated on a bit. Is it just to spite me, sir? What it must be? Why else? This isn't you, Sarah? What possible experience could a girl like you have with abortion? You've been married since you were twenty two years old, and you've never shown the least bit of interest in the insanity that seems to have taken the world by the throat of the last few years. Your mother and I have prided ourselves on that you and your brother have always been too smart, too practical. So why I've been racking my brain trying to come up with an answer Something your mother or I did. Something You're angry with us about some point you're trying to make Linda.
Speaker 3: And I did terribly in court, okay, or amateurs? We made rookie mistakes, Daddy. We'll get word in the next few days that we lost. And if Bee and dev and the rest of the women's group can even get their act together to appeal a real lawyer will take over. I was humiliated, Daddy. Now I need you to stop being so mad at me. Please. I can't take it on top of everything else. Okay, Okay, it's over.
Speaker 5: I promise, I believe you. Let's just put this behind us if we can. Can't say I'm disappointed in the outcome, but I do hate seeing you so upset. This is Referendragel. Yes she is. As a matter of fact, one moment.
Speaker 2: It's for you, Sarah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I told the office they could reach me here. Hello, mister Owens, Linda, slow down. I can barely understand you. Oh my god, Oh my god. I'll be right there.
Speaker 5: Everything all right? You look what as a ghost?
Speaker 3: That was Linda Coffee, my co council on the case. She had news?
Speaker 2: What news?
Speaker 3: Perhaps you want to sit down for this, Teddy.
Speaker 1: Supreme. The Battle Farah from iHeart Podcasts created and written by Aaron Tracy, directed by Rachel Winter, starring Maya Hawk, William H. Macy, and Abigail Breslin, also featuring Laura Bonanti as b Andrea Savage as deb William Fickner as Warren Felicity Huffman as Dottie Garrett Hedlund as Ron, Peter Oldring as j Floyd, Ryan Beale as Sam, Josh Hamilton as Reverend Rigel, and Katie Couric as the Reporter. Executive produced by Eva Longoria, Ben Spector, Rachel Winter, and Aaron Tracy, as well as Katrina Norvell and Anna Stump from iHeart produced by Kelly and Kelly. Executive producers for Kelly and Kelly are Chris Kelly, Lauren Berkovich, and Pat Kelly. Produced by Tamara Black for Kelly and Kelly. Director of Audio Chris Kelly. Original score by Hamilton, Leitthhauser and Anna Stump, Edited and sound designed by Paul TATOSKINI. For a full list of credits, please see show notes.
Speaker 13: This is a production of Unbelievable Entertainment in partnership with iHeartRadio