Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Oh Trendy Zie. The stars are brightly ziding. I need to look up who from Zaikang gave me that short show title that is.
Speaker 2: Of Oh It Went Away?
Speaker 1: Oh man uh ecgear Full twelve twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Give it to me. Uh, I'm Jack. That is superroducer Brian Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: It's me.
Speaker 2: My mic sounds nice, Brian.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting coincidence because my mic also sounds nice, Jeff nice.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, our vocal warmups are in I believe they've been registered counted wade uh, and our mics sound nice.
Speaker 2: So we did.
Speaker 3: To do line face limit face, but it's okay. We can keep going.
Speaker 1: Those are for our video warm ups when we're doing we're on YouTube. Maybe in twenty twenty four, might be doing some YouTube stuff, video stuff, neat stuff. Well, it's official. Zeitgeist is on YouTube. Wow, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna do a recreation of that video announcing when we first show up on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Brian, we did.
Speaker 1: We did a trends of the weekend episode yesterday and totally forgot to talk about the Senate staffer who filmed a sex tape in the hearing room, the Senate hearing room.
Speaker 3: Boom, tell me more, tell me more.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Apparently very graphic, right, I believe it was leaked by like the Daily Wire, one of those right wing outlets and like scream capped and that, you know, they were just.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, it's so so gross, man, look at this. Did you look at it?
Speaker 1: Did you see that part like thirteen minutes in when he does that thing with his leg. Anyways, people have like traced it back to Senator Ben Cardin's staffer or former staffer, and the staffer was like, stop attacking me for who I love. But think it had more to do with the fact that they made a graphic sex tape on Amy Klobashar's desk.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm I'm I'm seeing clips right now, and yeah, graphic. I would describe it as graphic, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, it is not softcore. It is the other type.
Speaker 3: And there's no ambiguity about where the fuck they are.
Speaker 2: So that was fun. That was fun moment over the weekend.
Speaker 1: And yeah, be interesting to see what they what they decide to do here, but generally frowned upon. But I don't know, you know, the Senate is a pretty boring place, so this gave everybody something to talk about. I think like one senator like took a picture of some hand sanitizers buying this for Senator kloebish are.
Speaker 2: So I think I.
Speaker 1: Think they should just thank the staffer for the entertainment and move forward. But hey, speaking of adult entertainment, we're going very porny off the off the jump here because the Pornhob analytics for twenty twenty three are out and it's it's another year. You know, the rich keep getting richer. Taylor Swift was already like the most famous entertainer in the world in twenty twenty three, she just got more famous until now she's Times Person Person dang year. And in the world of adult entertainment, pent tie continues its rain at the top worldwide search terms.
Speaker 3: Like it's bad bunny or something just three years in a row.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, with those tentacles. Yeah, there's the map where we get to look at what all the different states are searching for. I'm assuming this is not like their top search and.
Speaker 3: It's terms searched more often in each state when compared to all others. That's how you're at regregating this, So what are your favorites? Jack, what are your favorite states? You see?
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's hard to beat Oklahoma with sex, dick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a certain naive charm to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, just three year olds are the only ones, or I guess Korea is too young, but you know, like nine year olds are the are the only people searching for porn down there. But yeah, that's I like that one. I like Washington's sensual sex. Yeah, North Dakota just in terms of like, so for most appropriate uh to the state, I'm gonna say Hawaii because they're top searches Hawaiian, So yes, it makes sense North Dakota. However, loud wet sex, I don't. I don't want to be wet in North Dakota ever, not even inside, not not inside, not next to a fire. Still gonna be too cold on one side, my body gonna be too cold. And yeah, South Dakota's is shower sex. I feel like the Dakotas are just telling us they're cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, They're very about wetness. Yeah, for some reason, and I'm not sure why. Then what was the one that caught my eye? Oh? New York body swap, which is interesting, like a freaky actual freaky Friday.
Speaker 1: Type freaky like very freaky Friday, freaky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, freaky as Friday.
Speaker 1: Yet maybe they were just looking for that Ed Helms film Family Swat.
Speaker 3: And Nevada very on brand in that their top search term is Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Utah is Mormon and like you didn't even need to publish that. Alaska very lonely sex doll is number one, very stuff yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we know, we know there's only like fourteen women in Alaska.
Speaker 1: Do we know what America like America compared to other nations?
Speaker 2: What is the top.
Speaker 1: What is our version of that nationwide?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So if you scroll down a bit, the top relative search term for America and let's not dig too deeply into this means ebony.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, there might be some there might be some unresolved issues there. Yeah, let's just put a pin in something unexamined that they're not.
Speaker 2: America is not looking into that much.
Speaker 1: There's always one state that has a smoking and this year it belongs to Virginia. I feel like in the past it's been a d but it's Yeah, it's always like a state that produces tobacco.
Speaker 3: Like everybody at Philip Morris is just jerking it how they work.
Speaker 2: Like this is what they've resorted to.
Speaker 1: Is like they're just like, yeah, got to respect Kentucky bouncing boobs and Pennsylvania big boobies.
Speaker 3: Real simple, they're just keeping real simple. But the Tennessee giant tests giant tests. Yeah, so like they want to be attacked by fifty foot woman or something. Yeah, it's going on.
Speaker 2: I respect it.
Speaker 1: I respect the use of the term giant tests. Like I feel that feels fancy for Tennessee.
Speaker 3: You know I would That's not what I would have expected from them. Like they totally threw me for a loop. Ohio is feeling a little insecure small dick, small dick enough with these big dicks and porn Give me a smallie. Give me a little guy, you know, like one that we can all identify with. Yeah, we can relate, We get it.
Speaker 1: Anyways, what a blast, Thank you as always for your service, porn Hub says, I think always my favorite Year in Review content. It was not out in time for or our Year in Review and review episode.
Speaker 3: So they should start releasing like which political candidates, Uh, Like what what their analytics are that should be public domain.
Speaker 1: Well, you just have to ask their sons, who are who's monitoring it? With Angel eyes?
Speaker 3: I think it's eyes is so dark baby, you got Covenant.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Anyways, thank you porn Hub, and thank you guys for listening to this first at this very porn riddled first act of the episode.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a break and come back with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna come back with non porn content.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back and we're back. And uh.
Speaker 1: Alex Garland, director of Ex Machina and Annihilation, for his next movie, we got the trailer. It's called Civil War and the title is not a clever metaphor. It's literally about another American Civil War. It seems like they should be giving Robert Evans a very special thank you at a point, but it also feels like a high budget version of like the movie that The Daily Wire would make if they had budget, and like actual celebrities beyond Rob Wriggle and Alonso Boden to like be in their movies, because it's just I don't know, there's just like different aspects of it that feel beneath like a Hollywood movie.
Speaker 3: It definitely feels a little I'm a I would call myself. I'm not like I don't like the word fan doesn't mean fanatic, but I really do like Alex Garland's work just in general.
Speaker 2: I don't like fan it says too much.
Speaker 1: I'm a Garland psychopath and a psycho getting freak for this dude.
Speaker 3: Like, like, you know, making social commentaries aren't foreign for him, and being blunt is not foreign for him either. But this is like very direct about what this is about. There's no yeah, there's no trappings of sci fi or allegory. This is just what it is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the US, as far as we can tell, the US goes to war with the secessionist Western Forces as well as the Florida Alliance. The Western Forces are made up of Texas and California, So I think for most people the possibility of another civil war breaking out doesn't seem so far fetched. But I think people were surprised at the idea that like Texas and California would team up. I mean, there are a bunch of like Texas and California memes of like Tommy Lee Jones and what's her name from Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Uh oh, Jenny Ortega.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jenny Ortega, Jenny Retega.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like with the words California and Texas, like, you know, the idea being this does not it doesn't seem like how things would go.
Speaker 3: Now. I can see how a lot of people would get that impression. I have driven the entire length of California, yeah, and I have driven the entire width of Texas several times, and they have a lot in common that people who are unfamiliar with the states just don't realize. It's like, once you're out of those cities, it is red as fuck ye in both states. Yeah, so it's not as surprising to me, but yeah, it does seem a little I'm curious to see how it sort of shakes out in the film, but.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely like intrigued.
Speaker 1: But I guess my my question is, what why would it break down along state lines at that point?
Speaker 2: Like I think.
Speaker 1: Robert's thesis, as far as I can remember, is that it would be like a Citi's versus rural break breakdown of a civil war.
Speaker 2: Most likely.
Speaker 1: But I guess there's a lot of power in the cities and a lot of money, or in the states and a lot of money, So mean, I don't know, Yeah, maybe it'll make sense, but but.
Speaker 3: Detas seceeding makes sense, and California is just such a massive economy that it could be its own country. Yeah, both of.
Speaker 2: Them could be their own country, so I guess I.
Speaker 3: Mean one of them has Yeah, yeah, it's just I mean I could see if there were certain economic things going on that they might win a team up. But it's yeah, it's it's weird. I'm not gonna say it's not weird, and I'm very curious to see how it shakes out. But yeah, this is not what I was expecting from him, based off of his last film, Men, which is a very small, weird art house kind of personal story.
Speaker 2: Oh, I totally forgot that he made. That one was that good.
Speaker 3: It's hard to recommend, but I mean if you like broad Daylight horror, then yeah, yeah it's worth It's worth a watch for sure. Yeah, it's it's one of those movies where it's just like it's kind of kind of hard to recommend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one's got Plemons wearing some sunglasses and being menacing. So I mean the sunglasses, He's like wearing these big red sunglasses.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite detail. Of it, but it is.
Speaker 1: Like, it does seem like the bad guy in the movie is the federal government, and like the president is played by Nick Offerman and he's like a three term president, and people are like.
Speaker 2: Wait, so Joe Biden is a bad guy.
Speaker 1: Which I think is a little bit shortsighted because I don't Joe Biden not going to be president next year and we are going to have like a dictator for a president, So.
Speaker 3: It could be should be a fun little wrinkle for us. We haven't. We're finally at the dictator phase. Yeah, we made it, everybody.
Speaker 1: It'll help us imagine what the world looks like without capitalism besides a zombie apocalypse. Well, we'll have all sorts of new looks, new fresh looks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we'll have some parody with all the other countries who've had to deal with dictators internally. Yeah, so yeah, learning experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our writer Jan was pointing out, this isn't the first civil war we've seen in film. There's a nineteen ninety seven movie directed by the director of Gremlin's Joe Elliot, a black comedy with where like immigration is the center of the conflict. When the governor of Idaho refuses to accept a plane of Pakistani refugees. It creates like a national crisis. They go to war with the president played by Phil Hartman, who's only concerned about helping the refugee so that he'll win the upcoming election.
Speaker 3: I've never wanted to see a character play the president more than Phil Harton here, right, like wow.
Speaker 1: And then of course there was Barbed Weire, which a lot of people are always forgetting how prescient and brilliant barb Wire is. But that is, of course, the nineteen ninety six Pam Anderson film about life during a new civil war between the rebels and the government of neo Nazis. It's a loose remake of Casablanca, so that is where it comes from. Anyways, I don't know, I feel like the idea of a Nazi US government or you know, authoritarian US government is going to get more and more interesting to people in the next year, so maybe this stuff will seem less crazy. I'm into it, like or I'm at least intrigued enough to keep an eye on it.
Speaker 3: He's not led, he's not led US astray thus far, so yeah, I'm gonna keep an open mind on this. But I'm like, yeah, it definitely is, like, what's some of these daily wire ass movies coming out lately? Like, yeah, like we had that movie a couple of years ago, The Hunt. I don't know if you remember that one, Yeah, where it had that kind of feel to it of you know, liberal versus and it's just yeah, it's and that movie wasn't bad, but it just feels weird going into it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's weird because when you look at most Hollywood movies, like most big blockbuster Hollywood movies, the good guys are the farmers, and the bad guys are the government. Like when you look at Wars, were was the Hunger Games, like that is who we inherently identify with, is like the farmers, the people who would probably be voting for Trump. So it's going to be interesting to see films that try and tackle that. But it's like it is always very difficult to try and make like a near future dystopian movie. I can't think of a great example of like a movie that did it where it didn't feel weird. There's that one movie, The Siege by like Edward Zwick that ended up presaging like nine to eleven a little bit like it was there. There's a terror attack on New York City and then they become like very militant and authoritarian like right away, and then you know, three years later it actually happened.
Speaker 2: So hopefully, I don't know.
Speaker 3: And then of course we have you know, right don the prescient red Down.
Speaker 1: Yeah to any day now, yeah, any day, you know, the leave the World Behind film, as we talked about.
Speaker 2: Just get your bunkers ready, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm bunking up with Michael Shannon. I'm bunking up with Michael Shan.
Speaker 1: I'll be in the bomb shelter with Shannon.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, December nineteenth. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,