Speaker 1: Second date, up date, Alexis, let me ask you and just be honest here, have you ever gone out with a guy just to get something out of him for free?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Like a mule or a coffee?
Speaker 4: Duh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, why would you?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 5: I didn't mean.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean every single time you've ever spoken to a guy. I just meant like once or twice. But sure for you, Alexis, you didn't think anything of that. You feel like they deserved to pay for your steak dinner and the fourteen white claws just to enjoy the privilege of being next time.
Speaker 3: I am fun company.
Speaker 1: Think about the guy? What is he left with?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what dating is, Jeff.
Speaker 1: It's a large credit card bill too, Okay, nothing to show for it. But one of our listeners, John, says he feels like he may have been used when he went out with a woman the other night, and we're gonna try and help him out.
Speaker 3: What does he expect? I mean? Okay, all right, you're getting no sympathy from today. I saw, like, what do you want in return?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why don't you actually rand over your credit card information to us now before we get started? Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know relationship guarantee that'd be more fun.
Speaker 1: Can you not judge him? He hasn't even gotten to say hello to us. It's like, John, what's that man?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 1: Let's get them away.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm here. I don't know. I feel like maybe I've been years.
Speaker 3: So used for What What were you used for?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Let me back it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why don't you start from the beginning. Tell us about this woman that you met, how you met her, what her name is, and then lead us into the story.
Speaker 3: If you say, Alexis I swear to change my name.
Speaker 1: What's her name?
Speaker 2: Now? You're safe her name? I guess her identity is probably safe if I just get it.
Speaker 5: The first name, Nikky we had after last we got a caller, bro, Like, that's how this?
Speaker 1: Okay, her name is Nicky? And how did you meet her?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know I met her online?
Speaker 3: Okay? And was there any red flags? Seeing that you think you got used?
Speaker 2: I mean it was cool at first we're talking. She's cute, she's not like strangely hot where you know it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Look like a bot, is what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Like talking in the conversation is good.
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, take us to the date and what happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we were having trouble getting together because I have a kind of under weekly I've got schedule. Okay, we're going to casino. I'm in the surveillance room.
Speaker 3: You have like a crazy schedule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a problem.
Speaker 5: It's funny that a guy who works in surveillance thinks he may have gotten scammed.
Speaker 2: It is ironic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so, I mean your schedule must be hard to like find a good time to go out with somebody that you really like. What did you end up doing with NICKI?
Speaker 2: So it was cool. She goes, all right, you come over, I'll make you a night's dinner before you're going to work.
Speaker 1: Oh are you complaining about being scammed?
Speaker 2: About that?
Speaker 3: It's so awesome and it sounds amazing.
Speaker 5: And she trusts you right like, because she's inviting you to your place before she's even met you.
Speaker 2: Exactly. I thought that was cool. I'm not like a criminal looking guy, so.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's looks on that one. Yeah, there's a lot of good looking guys and also you can't trust but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, so she invites you over, she opens the door, she tells you here put your wallet over here, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not so blatant, okay, like salmon and wine.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, she's paying for you, okay.
Speaker 2: And it was awesome and nothing this movie too fast. We're just having a nice dinner. It was the first step.
Speaker 5: It's great, great, Well you have to go to work later, so it's not even like you can have a drink or two. You know, it's like nothing's going to happen during.
Speaker 2: That date, right right? Okay, So there, and then she mentions the fact that her bathroom sink is gripping a lot, and she's like she did the scene where it was like she mens like twice and stop and.
Speaker 1: I, oh, she keeps bringing up that darn sink.
Speaker 3: Oh that's funny, see.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, it was like enough of a prompt where I was like, you want me to look at it? She did, and I'm like, yeah, cool. I was happy, Honestly, I was like cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you a hand to feel helpful? Are you a handy guy? Did she know that about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I think that's like maybe why she didn't mention it. Because I mentioned that I renovated my place.
Speaker 3: I see when the using I think is going to come into play here.
Speaker 1: But it may not be using. Still, she may still be into you and be like, look while you're here. I don't go on a lot of dates. I don't have a lot of guy friends. Just look for me. Yeah right, So did you go look at the sink?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did, and I fixed it in like ten minutes.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's cool. How did the day end? Did you just like fix the sink and you're like, all right, well it works here done?
Speaker 2: No? I mean it ended like I thought we were totally va. I mean, got the hug, got a kiss, but there was like door strain kiss, you know, I kind of initiated it and uh.
Speaker 4: A little awkward.
Speaker 1: So she cooked you a meal, she gave you a kiss, you fixed her sink in like ten minutes, and you feel like that was the scam.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm wondering. I can't help but wonder because I thought the day was good. You know, I played cool. I waited two days, you know, texted her. I texted her again.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she's not responding exactly.
Speaker 5: But like, maybe she just doesn't like you, like you like, it doesn't mean that she's using.
Speaker 3: You for them. I want to give you a to do list of things that it makes it sound.
Speaker 5: Like you didn't want to do it as a favor, Like it just sounds like a friendly favorite thing to do, like you expected something in return.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's sound like I expected to do something or her. But it comes down to this, right, it's you that she's not in to be don't ask me to picture shake.
Speaker 3: I really want to waste your night.
Speaker 5: She wouldn't get you a full dinner if she already knew that.
Speaker 3: That's a good point, you know, like she wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, if that's what a scam is, I hope that somebody scams me. I am open first. I got you so good with that five course meal.
Speaker 3: All right, fine, I'll take your car warranty.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Let's let's find out once and for all. Maybe maybe there is a nugget of truth to this. We're gonna call Nikki for you and try and get you a second date update right after this. Okay, all right, cool, all right, now hold on second date update. To be scammed or not to be scammed? That is the question. Because one of our listeners, Noble John, foundeth himself at the apartment of the Beautiful and Fair Nikki, and during the dining date, she exclaimeth, oh, the noblest of John's my scene, get doth leake it? Can you fix it perchance? Which he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nice of him.
Speaker 1: It was very nice. Ten minutes and then he went on his way to work because he does the night shift over at the casino. Inside the surveillance room. Has not heard from Nikki though in eight days. Yeah, why don't you guys applauding the performance that I had.
Speaker 3: The Shakespeare halfways?
Speaker 1: Well I only had a small role in it. Anyway. John feels like maybe Nicky took advantage of his handyman skills and had planned on using him for free plumbing work the entire time.
Speaker 3: But it's not free, John, She paid for the salmon. That's expensive.
Speaker 1: We don't know that she paid for that salmon.
Speaker 3: Used a fisherman, using men all over time.
Speaker 2: Time is money.
Speaker 1: She cooked the salmon, she put an effort.
Speaker 5: I mean you didn't text her anything like hey, you using me or anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, No texted her, but we didn't know what.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not like texting her accusations and stuff, you know, I'm just like, hey, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, it's okay. We don't have to read all the texts that you sent to her, but you've tried to reach out and she's not responding back, and that's enough for us to give her a call. Yeah, let's find out once and for all whether or not she's a scammer.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: I don't think she's a scammer.
Speaker 5: If you're going to do something nice for someone, then you shouldn't expect anything in return.
Speaker 3: That's the nice part.
Speaker 1: Do you see what I'm saying, Jeff, don't do nice things for other people. That's okay, let's just call that's the nice thing we're going to do for John to do that. Maybe John, you can get us back when we're done. All right, here we go. I'm dialing it right now.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, is this Nicky? Yes it is Hey, Nikky. I apologize for the weird hall that we're pushing you into here, but you're on the radio right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, Nikki?
Speaker 7: Uh did I wait for something?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I mean you could at the end of.
Speaker 1: This salmon this moment. What we're doing is something called a second Date Update, and that's a segment where we try and help out listeners who've gone out with someone and they're not getting a callback afterwards to help him figure out why.
Speaker 7: Who did you say you were?
Speaker 3: Again, I'm Jeff, We're all here. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning is the name of the show.
Speaker 1: That's not what she she asked why I was? She wants to know who the stars are.
Speaker 3: I think she meant you in the room.
Speaker 1: No, she made me. I'm Jeff, and I would like to ask you about a date you went on eight days ago with a guy named John.
Speaker 3: Did you say John John that you cooked him dinner? You cooked him a lovely salmon dinner.
Speaker 2: He said, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 7: I went on a date with with John.
Speaker 2: Well, he came to my house right.
Speaker 1: We heard that you made him dinner, and you guys hung out right before he had to go to his work, his like night shift. He says that you haven't responded to any of his texts in the last eight days, and I'm just gonna be honest. He says he feels like he was used by You're gonna scam.
Speaker 7: Wait that if he thinks he's being scammed, I mean he's not. I think I was the one being scammed.
Speaker 5: Oh no, a statement I didn't expect to hear from you. Wait, you think you're being scammed by him?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't understand me, so I don't know how much he's told you. But basically he came to my house, I mean dinner, and I mentioned that my uh.
Speaker 1: We know that he fixed your sink.
Speaker 3: That's what I think he was being used for.
Speaker 1: He feels like you knew that he's good at being like a handy guy, and so you invited him over just for that.
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 7: No, And also like he thinks he fixed my thick but he so he said he fixed my think. I tried it out and it was fine, okay. Then we were ending the day and he goes to leave and then he's like, oh, can I go to the bathroom of fath And I was like okay. And then later on that night, I go to the bathroom and the stick's like broke it, Like the hot water isn't turning on what I know. I mean. The weird part about it was that later on he started texting me like, hey, if you have any other problems, like, I'm totally there for you, I'll come around and.
Speaker 5: Fix It's nice though, yeah, but why would she have more problems?
Speaker 3: It's like I think she's saying he's using it as an excuse.
Speaker 5: It's like the classic like girl leaves, you know, co at said man's house, like he breaks her sink.
Speaker 3: So that right, is that what you're thinking, Nikki?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he like fixed it and then he purposely unfixed it to invite himself back into my house.
Speaker 5: Oh man, that's really the oldest plumber trick in the book.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a stretch. He fixed it and then immediately broke it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then he started asking if he could fix anything else. I mean, like, I think he just wants to keep coming over.
Speaker 3: You get reading into each other a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he thinks that you're scamming him. You think that he's scamming you.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's maybe it means you're meant for each other. Two scam artists.
Speaker 2: On the one day, I never scammed him.
Speaker 7: I invited him over for dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on your side.
Speaker 1: Well, let's find out for sure, because we do have John on the other line, who's been listening to this entire conversation secretly.
Speaker 3: What another But don't you want to know? John?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, guys, I'm here, what's going on with the same dude, that's a big accusation that she laid down there, John. Yeah, I mean, first off, I did fix the leak, So let's let's be honest. I fixed the leak.
Speaker 3: Kind of strange, he's not coming in strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could have been like, there's absolutely no way that I would ever do anything sinister like that. Boom, that's it. What's going on? Did you mess with the sink before you left?
Speaker 2: I mean, hold on, hold dude, that's a little light cute sabotage.
Speaker 4: I knew it.
Speaker 7: I knew I knew that that was the case, and you had me there with no hot water, Like you made my life worse by do you.
Speaker 3: Have to wash your hands in cold water? Can you imagine if you.
Speaker 2: Would have invited me back the next day?
Speaker 4: It would have been.
Speaker 5: John romantic when you put it that is there like a string of women out there with plumbinesses because of you?
Speaker 2: The wo.
Speaker 1: So I'm joking, it's really hard to John, that's a good joke. Maybe does that make you feel special that out of all the women he's dated, you're the only person sink that he has sabotage? He wants to come back that Jo Sabotage said, I mean.
Speaker 7: He's breaking things instead of fixing them, And I had to call my neighbor and like inconvenience people because of him.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh, man, John, you don't have to call your neighbor.
Speaker 2: I look close.
Speaker 3: Do you not feel bad?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I don't feel bad. I fixed the main problems. You don't have a leak anymore.
Speaker 1: It's just turning a knot. I mean, would you blame a woman for purposely leaving something at a guy's house? Would you call her a bad person for doing that?
Speaker 5: I mean, if she called the radio station and accuse the guy of using her first, I would call her a kind of a crappy person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, judge, I would Oh, hold on, everybody's like paying me? Is the bad guy?
Speaker 2: Serdainly?
Speaker 1: You did turn off her hot walk?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, well I mean just barely.
Speaker 1: So mean, it's really up to you. Could you find it in your heart to forgive him for just doing a little cute sabotage because he really wanted to see you that badly one time? Could you see that and maybe give him one more chance.
Speaker 2: It's kind of funny, he is kind of funny.
Speaker 7: We did have a good time.
Speaker 1: This is crazy.
Speaker 2: Come on, Nikky.
Speaker 4: Maybe it looks in a certain line that I did something uh less than above board, but come on, uh he.
Speaker 1: Said, wow, yeah, come on, yeah.
Speaker 3: How did you say no to this romantic.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: Like too short?
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: She wants a little.
Speaker 1: Extra punishment for you.
Speaker 3: You too, don't invite back to your house ever. Look on your power.
Speaker 1: You just scam us for a.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes he did.
Speaker 4: I'm coming over looking, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: In the morning, you heard Brooke and Alexis and everybody in this room completely shocked that she said yes to another.
Speaker 3: I am still shocked.
Speaker 1: But this is how bad the dating pool is. A guy comes to your house, eats your food, intentionally breaks your sink, and then admits a week later, and you say, yeah, sure I'll date that guy. That's where we are in the dating world right now.
Speaker 5: It's just like the rom comes from the nineties, right Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, no joke, seriously, I mean, I guess the good news for us is it doesn't sure a lot more people want second dates, you know, like it ensures our segment can continue because a rough totally.
Speaker 3: It's a dark look, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Well, the next time that anything breaks inside of my house. I'm going to be like, huh, who is trying to get a hold of me? My roof caved in. Wow, somebody must like you came.
Speaker 3: And put black mold in this classet.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we can always help you out with your dating life, no matter how tragic it might seem. Shockingly we we can do it. We'll call that person who isn't calling you mad Brooke
Speaker 3: And Jeffrey in the morning.