Speaker 1: James Carvell is very confident that the Dems got this. When was the last time he was confident that the Dems got this nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 2: I believe it was the last time, James.
Speaker 3: Wait, no, no, no, it was like two months ago. Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: Oh well, he said, Kamala Harrison, Kamala Harris going to win the election. Easy, Look at all the rascals on the right. People don't vote the full rascal. Well, let's it's Buck Wheat.
Speaker 3: Been trying to get him to run for ages.
Speaker 2: Now we said make America O tay again.
Speaker 1: Sounds like like Joe Biden actually would believe like Buckwheat was his friend from back in the day, just like I remember when.
Speaker 3: Joe Wheat and me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe Biden would say that he was down with Buck Wheat and I had this friend Buckwheat. You wouldn't believe it. Man, the things he'd say, things are a O tay.
Speaker 2: I just want to make America O tay again.
Speaker 3: Oah, Man, I was friend. Somebody must have done an AI thing with Joe Biden riffing on being friends with Buckwheat and that.
Speaker 4: Or Jangles or some shit. Yeah, I was friends with uncle Huckabuck, Hello the Internet, and welcome.
Speaker 3: To season three seventy seven, episode two of Dernaily's Guysday production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it is, of course, Tuesday February twenty fifth, twenty twenty seen three seventy seven seemed low to me. It goes back and forth between seeming impossibly high and impossibly low. But three seventy seven weeks, that's all we've been doing. Seems like an eternity.
Speaker 1: It's only been Let's look at the age lines on my palms of my hands seven years years. Yeah, well what today? What's today? February twenty fifth is as we all know. Uh, it's National Chocolate Covered Nut Day and National clam Chowder Day.
Speaker 2: Boom hell yea. It is favorite favorite chocolate covered.
Speaker 3: Tree nuts, clam chowder, chocolate cluver favorite powder chocolate covered nut clam chowder.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, great joy?
Speaker 3: Wait what was the second one? Clam chowder Day?
Speaker 2: Clam Chowder Day? Love with the chowder? Mmmmm hmm.
Speaker 3: I don't I used to that. That was like there with I loved anything cream based when I was a kid. We were like a real skim milk family, and I think I just like craved the cream, justin, don't isolate that and pull it, pull it out. But I did crave the cream as a kid, and so loved uh, loved fetichini alfredo, loved some New England clam chowder. And now I find both of those things gross personally.
Speaker 2: No, sorry to hear that. Sorry because I grown up, I guess flex.
Speaker 3: My name is Jack O'Brien aka Potatoes O'Brien, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 1: Miles Gray aka My House was All Fire.
Speaker 3: Okay. Shout out to David Lesser on the discord.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know a lot of people were like, he's joking about his traumatic loss in the fire.
Speaker 2: May we partake? And I said, yes, you may.
Speaker 1: It's all part of the grieving and morning processes to be able to make light of such things. So shout out to David Lesser for that and giving me the opportunity to really just take after one of my favorite tea enthusiasts, Alicia Keys.
Speaker 2: So yes, shout out to you, Dave.
Speaker 3: Alicia. T's right, Yeah, it was Alicia's T sponsored a sponsored branded tea opportunit awear investment opportunity for the rest of us called Alicia T. Fumbled that one. I mean we fumbled it by not getting in on the ground, That's what I'm saying, Just like we fumbled that whole metaverse thing. We could have bought Manhattan in the meta and we didn't. Miles were thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of the driving forces behind cool Zone Media. They're a writer and host on It Could Happen here, yeah, other Cool Zone shows. They make everyone on this podcast feel old as fuck. Please welcome the young, the talented Garrison.
Speaker 5: I like that at Genie Alfredo maybe like twice a year.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a limit.
Speaker 5: It's more than that. It's a little much, but yeah, twice a year. I sometimes will be like, you know what I want? I want some Alfredo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, give me that Alfredo. I mean, I don't know why I'm acting like I'm over the cream. I still like eggnog.
Speaker 5: Okay, whoa, Okay, yeah no, you cannot be talking as you're chugging down the dog. But I am also an eggnog defender. But but hey, now like you can't you can't be trash and clam chowder and then like chugging eggnog. Secretly you're like you like turn around, you have a hidden jug come on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I would say the thing that I like about eggnog is that it doesn't have any chunks of clam in it. Okay, one of the top things personally, Jack and I gotta I gotta show you the thing I make every Christmas clam knock.
Speaker 2: Knock sounds fucking gross.
Speaker 3: No, Garrison, it's been way too long, very too long. How have you been.
Speaker 5: I've been good. I moved to the East coast of the United States of America. I have been unbelievably busy and had my mind destroyed attending political conventions last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're at the r n C.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the d n C. And frankly, the d n C actually was more like a like a drill to my mind. Like I was prepared for the r n C. I have like psychic defenses, right, I'm like, I'm like good. The d nz like messed me up.
Speaker 3: Though we study these people. What is it about it? Is it the dissonance of the d n C. What what what about the d n.
Speaker 2: C was so uns they are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we talked about like drilled to the head, to the brain reference the end of pie. We we talked about taking a thera gun to the head, Yeah, being the that we all need. Yeah that Oneday morning hard reset is what we call it, you know, just a theor gun to the temple. But yeah, what what about that? What was it about the d n C.
Speaker 5: The dissonance is like one aspect, it's also like it's everyone's so convinced that like they're like the adults there, like this is this is the real adult convention. You know, We're not doing that that crazy stuff like the other table is doing. This is this is the adults table. And meanwhile, as they completely like lose touch on like the cultural moment and refuse to stand up for the things that they you know, you know, would nominally claim to care about and just demonstrate complete spindlessness. I don't know, it was it was. It was very It was very disheartening, more so than just the the kind of wacky bizarro land of the RNC, which, while like arguably slightly more evil, I like so prepared for because like it's it's it's the obvious, like you know, Mass Deportation Convention is like, you know, the biggest, biggest thing there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we uh uncovered this video on the aftermath that I mean, I guess other people had known about about this, like Kamala Harris activation at fashion week? Is that where it was Paris Fashion Week or New York Fashion Fashion? Yeah, that was just had like a rights Jenga tower and I like grab them by the pussy grammar claw machine and just all these like weird like things that you would swear were like twenty ham fisted satire if they weren't there at an event that was like Hot Girl Brat Summer Wall where you can take a picture and prove that you're the brat of the Harris campaign. It was so wild. But yeah, again make makes you feel like it just feel it feels like a dream I would have when I am spiking the worst fever in the history of my body. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Last year was a really dark summer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think you've mispronounced Brett Brat.
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 3: It was a really Brett summer. That's right.
Speaker 1: Just wear Bratt green like Timothy shallow May and then like all your worries go away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: And one article is meaning about him giving that speech. He was there like donning a brat green shirt underneath the leather.
Speaker 3: I think we need to talk about Timothy Challo May on today's episode, Garrison, We're gonna get to know you a little bit better at a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. You recently had an episode on It Could Happen Here where you kind of took us through the fall of the US democracy and what that looks like. And then a follow up interview with a constitutional law professor on just all these institutions that have crumbled and where we're at with all that. So we just want to kind of pick your brain a little bit on where we are are we still, how are we feeling about the courts? It seems like Congress and a lot of other institutions completely and immediately crumbled, like they were designed to do that, Like they were like they were crash dummies or something. They were just there to fall dramatically, like they were Washington generals. To use the metaphor we keep referring to.
Speaker 2: The Harlem Globe trotters timely, timely.
Speaker 3: Timely, always timely, And so we'll just talk about that state of politics. And I do I do want to just talk about Timothy Chalo Maze except for speech. He won the big award Best Actor at sag at the Saga Wars. It's a screen Actors Grilled. That's the screen actors grilled.
Speaker 6: That's a big one where they actually we are actors and we know actors grilled and uh and he won that one and gave a speech that I thought thought was so funny, like just specifically the very last line where talk about who he's inspired by, really cracked me up.
Speaker 3: Anyways, we're gonna talk about all of that plenty more. But first, Garrison Davis, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I got I got a few Nazi things for work, just updates on.
Speaker 3: Got a few Nazi things, not the situation.
Speaker 5: But on a later note, last night I was trying to read, was trying to remember the name of like of like this yowie anime I watched years ago, but this like post apocalyptic kind of like like surviving a tutalitarian government type things, you know, because of because of the general everything happening, And I finally remember what you're referring to. I finally remember. I finally remember what it's called. It's called Number six. Very good, very it's it's a like, very very very well done story. I think it's done by Studio Bones. I want to say, but don't quote me, but pretty pretty fun, pretty fun show. And that was I through my googling, I finally was able to to come across this. So that's my that's my Google search.
Speaker 2: Fuji TV series. They're not doing too good right now, Fuji TV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this head State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have like a massive scandal going on that has basically caused all the ad money to run dry. And like one of the longest running animes or the longest running anime in Japan saw that I Sung had for the first time no sponsors on the show ever in its history over many decades because of the fallout of a sexual assault scandal that's happening with one of their biggest talents. Anyway, that's some that's some Japanese media news for people.
Speaker 3: What this is a great recommend I do think people are looking for media that is about authoritarianism and fascism. And Robert Evans recommended a book I think on it could happen here. They thought they were free, they were free. Yeah, that was an interesting, like interview with Nazis.
Speaker 5: After the fact, you know people in like Nazi Germany.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the like workaday people in Nazi Germany, you know, like the butcher and the you know, but people who eventually would.
Speaker 2: Succumb someone who's butchering meat to sell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, sorry, that's I definitely.
Speaker 1: German butcher in Nazi Germany. Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, just like the people local fish mopper. Yeah yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I guess that's too much like fearmonger. Well, look, they're all kind of what are.
Speaker 3: Some other do either of you have other recommend like obviously nineteen eighty four is the one that I don't know this orwell, guy must have been a real marketing genius, because every time there's some some sort of authoritarianism, sales go through the fucking roofs Guy's genius. Is there other like media that is less famous than nineteen eighty four that either of you are like this is this is good for the moment?
Speaker 2: I actually haven't heard of nineteen eighty four, so I'm not the I'm not the best person to ask. That's just the year I was born. Yeah, I think it's a Taylor Swift album, but I haven't looked in that as Swift either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, Garrison, this is somewhat related only because this is the only thing I can think of because I watched it recently, the movie Brazil. Yeah, which in some ways is related, I would say in terms of like surveillance and like you know, the the reorientation of like the intelligence apparatus. On another side, it's related, but counter in terms of like the kind of like a er paperwork, uh like essence of that movie where it's like British people of like upset at government inefficiency and then you see like all like you see like these ways to like to try to like like deal with that, with that inefficiency and deal with like just the crushing weight of like meaninglessness that comes from like gout that comes from like government workers who do like repetitive, like boring tasks. I don't know, there's been there's been a lot more news recently about like government workers, So it's that's kind of been on my mind because the people who like actually you know, make the cogs turn for our country are being like laid off in mass So I don't know, Like Brazil is both related to this but also a little bit like it's it also like stems from like the similar like frustration at like you're like at like you know, this idea of bureaucracy and different ways of like trying to like handle that problem versus recognizing how important bureaucracy is for like stable operation up a country.
Speaker 3: Trump's handling that problem for us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everything's much more stable right now. That's a word that comes to mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ask yourself some were you better off just two months ago?
Speaker 5: M Egg prices, Eggs are flying off the shelf, man, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we're stealing them.
Speaker 5: That's right, because they're too much money now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Garrison, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: I showed people The Straight Story, the David Lynch movie from the late nineties a few weeks ago in honor of his passing. I would say it's maybe an underrated lunch movie. Also a very good Midwest movie, maybe like the Midwest Movie. Besides maybe Fargo. I really like this Straight Story it's very heartwarming. It's not one you hear talked about tons, or at least you didn't, you know, prior to his death. I've seen more people discuss it now. But The Straight Stories is definitely underrated in my opinion, And oddly enough, you can watch it on Disney Plus, so there you go.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's yeah, how many Lynch films can he see on Disney Plus right now?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 3: The Straight Story? Okay?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's like it was like David Lynch's normcore movie that I just always thought of as him proving it was almost like a you know, the famous Garth Brooks as Chris Gaines thing that we all still think of as one of the great acts of musical genius. No, obviously that failed, but sometimes artists will be like, I'm so good at this that I'm going to prove that I can do this other thing that seems easy to me, and then when they try it, it doesn't work out so well. And David Lynch was like, I'm going to just make a straight down the middle movie, which I guess, like Elephant Man is also totally that. Yeah, so it had proven that he could do that before, but I've never seen The Straight Story, and I was very I was like, I should watch The Straight Story when he passed, and you know, we're thinking about David Lynch a lot. But I was like, but that's like not in line with I feel like he wouldn't want that to be the movie that I know why.
Speaker 5: I think he would.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 5: He has described it as his most experimental film, Like he's not like he's not being like ironic there, like.
Speaker 3: It it is.
Speaker 2: It is for him.
Speaker 3: He shot it.
Speaker 5: Chronologically, not something that you do. It's the only one of his films that he didn't write. It was written by his uh like long term romantic and like like a like a like artistic partner, Mary Sweeney. It's him dealing with like mortality and and death and family.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 5: It is very Lynchian and like the thing that that and Zima, the the thing that the main character based on a real guy, is like diagnosed with and kind of jump starts his this this journey to like reunite with his family is the thing that eventually, like Lynch was diagnosed with and and you know cantributed to Lynch's own death. Like there's a lot of linkages here. I think it is it is the movie I wanted to watch after he died because it's about like old people in Middle America who have their weird little life and they try to find like love and joy and beauty in that and that actually is like fundamentally Lynchian in my mind. So I showed people like afters I'm like, this is the movie that I need to watch to help deal with these feelings because it's just it felt so related to the actual events surrounding Lynch's death.
Speaker 3: That's so interesting. Yeah, I had no idea that the character was dying of vents azema. I just knew he was dying. But amazing that is. I always talk about how I need things recommended to me like fifteen times before I act on them. I think that was a strong enough one that I think that's like the sixth recommendation. But I'm going I'm going to watch The Straight Story right now. Miles. You've got this episode from.
Speaker 2: All Right, that's funny.
Speaker 1: I just remember watching it too, because my mom at the time she's like, You're gonna love this, and I'm like this, wait.
Speaker 2: This is a dude on the lawnmower movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then it was funny too, because I didn't even realize. I mean when it came out, I was like fourteen or whatever, and I didn't realize I had just watched a Lynch film. Sure, my only intersection with Lynch films was watching eraser Head as a five year old, So yeah, it was it was a nice realization, was like, oh, he doesn't make stuff that was scare the shit out of me as a five year old.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, there's a lot of lawn mower in that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, beautiful.
Speaker 3: Garrison. What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Sparkly water? I can't do it. There's a little like lacrosse cans. They leave such like a weird metallic, bitter aftertaste. I don't know if this is like some weird like this is like this is like a genetic thing like with like like with like this lantro stuff, right, I don't understand how anyone can enjoy those, Like it's so off putting to me. Like any kind of carbonated water club soda, by itself, I can't do. I can have it like in cocktails, I can have like I can have it like mixed with other things, but by itself, it tastes really bad.
Speaker 1: It reminds you saying that, it reminds me of how I used to think, like what sparkling water tastes like carbonated water?
Speaker 2: I'm like, what the fuck is going on with this water?
Speaker 1: Like aside from the bubbles, And then I don't know whether it's like age or something, maybe like how I grew to love like mushrooms, like to sure no psilocybin, Oh okay?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: Also oh yeah, I also like chaitaki and those ones too, But like I is the acquired taste. Most people come to it late in Lifelysurgic acid is really getting a bad rap, but like there is I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then suddenly I'm like, I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm really curious, Garrison, have you had a topo Chico because I think that's the most aggressive form of carbonated water you could drink.
Speaker 5: I like those slightly better?
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the taste. I like to clean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like those better than like the lacrosse cans. Absolutely, But it's it's still It's not something I would like reach for regularly, Like I frankly I would rather have still water. But if it's there, I'll be like, yeah, I'll have it, right.
Speaker 2: It's good to know.
Speaker 3: I feel like the sparkling water for me at this point, and I do. You also took me back to my childhood when I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Is this something wrong with this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I drank so much soda growing up? Yeah, like this is like soda, but something has gone terribly wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's not hitting your taste buds like soda. So it's like, well, everything else is doing it except for this one important thing, and I think my brain's filling it in with this shit sucks and it's gross.
Speaker 3: America's finest scientists haven't spent years crafting the like how this mouth feel like wires directly to my brain and digs into my pleasure centers and therefore I I hate it. But now I feel like I can drink like fizzy water and like taste it less, Like I feel like it covers up the taste, whereas before, Yeah, I felt like there was a taste there. And I do feel like it's just something my body or brain has like taught itself to be, Like this is what adults do now, right, So we're all drinking this.
Speaker 2: Welcome to death son.
Speaker 3: Like lead that's right. Have you tried the lead lacroic.
Speaker 5: I haven't tried the lead flavor yet. No.
Speaker 3: Lead is Actually it's pretty interesting. It's got like kind of a like sour What is that? Yeah? There, it's like sour, and there's like a bitterness that you can feel in your soul a little bit, like it's like the after taste, like like a resonant bitterness.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: The exhaust the nineteen eighty six Honda Accord exhaust notes are like kind of come in after the fact and Japanese. Yeah, exactly, so sophisticated. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we will talk about politics.
Speaker 7: Yay, and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back, and so Garrison, yeah, Garrison, what is all that? Guys? What are the points you made that? It is sort of how I experienced the whole doge thing. Is that doge as a concept started out as everybody being somewhat dismissive and being like, well, they can't do anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the fucking stupid meme concept like come on.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah exactly. Everybody was just like this is dumb. They're is going to be a government. Aid didn't see Okay.
Speaker 5: It's not even a real agency. It's it's an advisory commission. They can't do anything, right, Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 3: A dumb, mean thing. They literally named it DOGE, like it's so ridiculous. And weeks later we're all like, oh, no, turn something.
Speaker 5: They can't do stuff. Yeah, I guess somehow.
Speaker 3: Well what happened? Hey, Hey, what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I kind of forgot that, Like, you know, they don't need to follow the rules, like it doesn't matter, like they can they can. They can just do stuff, I guess, certainly like droping in DOGE with the United States Digital Service, like it was like, you know, kind of their way like around around this. But even still, like they are not even playing in the in like the court where you need to like use Congress to create agencies, because they're shutting down agencies without Congress. It's like they just like don't care and they're waiting to see if anyone's going to stop them, namely the courts, and if the courts do stop them, who's going to enforce the will of the court. And they're they're just like fine doing that because there's no consequence if they play in that game anymore. They have immunity and pardon power, so like they're giving it the shot because they don't believe in the same like rules of decorum that like the Democrats TM typically. Do you know when when Biden had that whole press conference after the Supreme Court made the president again, He's like, this is this is a dark day for democracy. I I hope that myself and and any future president never never uses this power. And You're like, Okay, buddy, well I guess I guess what the next one's gonna do. Yeah, do you want to use the power to solve that problem right now? You could?
Speaker 2: You might as well try it out to see how it's.
Speaker 5: And now we're here, so I don't know, like it's it's certainly like both myself and and others underestimated, like like specifically like Musk and like Dog's ability to actually enforce their recommendations. And I think Trump has been more of like a like an absent executive figure than then what's you know I would have previously like suspected he's kind of just letting Musk do whatever he wants.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm curious, Like I'm just trying to think of how the influence is working in the White House, because clearly Musk is in proximity to Trump enough that he's everywhere and he's doing He's the one like, hey, let me talk over you in the oval, let me talk over you during this like interview.
Speaker 3: He's in the White House.
Speaker 5: Non stop, like he has he has he has a gets his headquarter set up in a specific wing. I can try to pull it up, but no, like he's he like has the headquarters there.
Speaker 3: He's living his own diet coke button but for ketamine.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly, yea, yeah, who knew that we could make kede me?
Speaker 3: Not cool?
Speaker 1: I know, But I'm just like just like thinking of like the latest sort of spat that's happening in Doge White House world, which is his like letter to be like write down your five greatest hits or fucking leave email that he sent to all these federal workers and then having many many appointees like points tell their sort of subordinates. Just please fucking ignore what you just saw. Like we're talking about d d like you know, you can't.
Speaker 5: Share classified information for email.
Speaker 1: Department of Energy, Health and Human Services DHS, Like they're all like, dude, please fucking ignore this isn't.
Speaker 5: Twitter like you can't like this the different rules apply.
Speaker 1: Right, So I'm curious because clearly Musk thinks none of those rules apply. But then you have the people who are a little bit more sort of of the wonky machinery of DC, who are also trying to ascend a power via Project twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Five or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that do you see like a certain wing having any more influence because I feel like, clearly must help Trump. Trump feels indebted to Musk, therefore he like let it cook. But then Project twenty twenty five is like the way that he's like, we're going to get a bunch of conservatives on board if you promise to do X, Y and z. But at times it seems like there they can slightly be at odds at times with in terms of how they want to move forward with that. Do you see one having more of an advantage over the other right now in terms of how you're seeing things sort of unfold?
Speaker 5: I mean I would say Musk kind of right now has more sway just through the sheer individual power. Musk has types of connections he has to the tech world, uh, the actual like money and capitally has the influence and then yeah, like all of Musk's work to help get Trump elected.
Speaker 3: And this is I think Trump has an internal barometer of who to respect and it's only like based on money, and so he has yes and how much you have most.
Speaker 5: Succeeded and fucking other people, over which Musk is good at. Like he's not a good inventor, he's not a good engineer, he's good at fucking people. Yeah, and Trump like kind of respects that. And and and also like Trump knows that Musk can ever like usurp him as president technically because he can't. He can't run legally, so inside he just has this shadow president aspect going on. But no, I'm there is you know, parts of like the Heritage people might be a little bit annoyed at at like Musk's like like very oversized influenced that there's been people like in the Trump admin or like the Trump orbit who have who have like complained about Musk to press before. But I think in order to make any of the Project twenty twenty five stuff work, you first need Musk to purge the government. So they're letting him do it because also it's as soon as they step too far, Musk is the easiest guy to cut out to be like, all right, all right, this this thing was bad. If you need someone to blame, we'll blame this rich weirdo from South Africa. It's it's very it's very handy to keep him around, and they need him to like do the dirty chopping work, and he's he's willing to do it. And he's demonstrated an ability to dismantle and detonate like large, large, large bureaucratic machines, whether that's yeah, SpaceX, Tesla, Twitter, and now the United States government.
Speaker 1: Right, And I'm like, I guess to that end, right, because I know I get that usual Trump shit will be like I will let this person cook until it's really untenable for me, and then I'll blame them and act like I don't know, we got them out. I'm okay though, But then I'm curious if Musk is wielding any more influence over Trump. That's gonna make that difficult. Like, then what happens when like that schism happens, If it happens.
Speaker 5: If it happens right like I thought I thought it would for a while, I just thought, like Trump's not gonna want to be around, like like Elon Musk's like like autism frankly, because like you know, Trump's Trump's has a has a past of making fun of people and being very ablest, and like I simply didn't think that he would be able to be in this same room as Musk for very long, but they have so clearly and openly closed ranks the past few weeks, like like like in doing media princes together being like like we know people are like wanting us to turn on each other, and like we're not going to do that. So like there is some awareness at least from like Musk and Trump that like people are like rooting for them to like get into a fight, and they've they're in like having that not happen, right because right now it's benefiting both of them massively. Like it's what Elon's doing is allowing Trump to enact so many more things that otherwise he wouldn't be like, you know, legally allowed to do because the bureaucratic mechanisms of government are there as safeguards, not just you know, Congress and not just the courts. Like bureaucracy helped inhibit Trump from enacting a whole bunch of the more extreme aspects of his agenda in his first term, and now that there's this like shared recognition of that, Trump's all like Trump is more than happy to let Elon Musk like do the work to dismantle those roadblocks to then have Trump embrace like total executive power.
Speaker 3: You mentioned the idea of you know, we're all waiting to see if the courts hold right, and I'm just the for that to happen. Like obviously we need judges to you know, strike things down or say hey, that's not legal.
Speaker 2: Here's a separate restraining order.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, and then we need the Trump administration and Elon Musk and everybody to actually respect that. I guess I'm wondering, like what you mentioned, like how the will of the courts will be enforced? Like what what would that look like? Like a conflict between you know, a conflict of like what them choosing not to respect the will of the courts and the courts having to try to enforce their will, Like what what what would that look like in the modern world?
Speaker 5: I mean, this is like the big question right now. Like I am not a constitutional law professor. I only talk to them to get their thoughts and this is this is the big thing, right, It's what if what if the court issues are ruling and Trump just says, lol, no, thank you, and they keep on doing what they are doing, which like that has happened. That has been happening. There is still grants and funding that has not resumed. They have continued to reiterate that they have the power to limit you said funding, even though they've been ordered by the court to can to restore it. It's like they are actively defining the Court's orders increasingly so and becoming more brazen about, you know, using rhetoric regarding like if a judge is ordering something illegal, you just don't need to follow the judge, which is like, you know, massive constitutional red flag and what will it take? Right, Like they're gonna appeal these orders all the way up to the Supreme Court, probably as far as they can. The fact that they're defining the orders during this process is itself like new and bad, like like you're not you're not supposed to do that either, but like no one is going to physically stop them, Like who is going to actually stop them from doing that? And at a certain point, if the Supreme Court rules that Trump is in contempt and you know, like who will stop that? Like, are they gonna like do you think the US marshals are going to arrest the president? The president that has Supreme Court approved immunity for official actions, Like who will actually carry out like any any order to that that is revolving around like Trump being in contempt of court for just actively like defining the the the authority of the judicial branch. Will will Secret Service let that happen? Will the like the private military contractors that Trump has surrounded himself with thanks to Elon Musk, Will they let marshals even like carry out that order?
Speaker 3: Will?
Speaker 5: Will the marshals want to want to do that themselves? Will More and more agencies in like local LA enforcement and federal be roped under the U, the FPS, the Federal Protective Service, more of these are could get put under the control of Pete HeiG Seth like like directly. And at this point it's it's like it's like a military that would be like a that would be like a military assistant coup where they're like cooing the judiciary as they've kind of already coughed Congress, right, So like this is this is a big thing. That like we are waiting to see what will happen, and like I I can't say for sure because I'm not familiar in any situation quite like this in American history.
Speaker 3: Ye, Like it's it's very.
Speaker 5: Weird and rightening, and like it for me, it's weird to be like I'm thinking about like every day, like we are like in the middle of like an actual coup of the United States, Like people are doing these steps and coups can happen internally like that, this is this is a real thing that is happening, and most people at least I like interact with outside and just like don't realize this. They just like don't know the severity of like what has happened. And this isn't like being like hyperbolic or anything. It's like this is like literally what is what is going on right now? Like if if if you have the executive branch bypass and deny both the legislative and the judicial branches, like that is like actual Like people throw around the word fascist way too much and they have for the past like eight years, and like this this you don't you don't even need to use that word, Like they're trying to basically install like a monarchy and like that. That is, that is the language that Trump is using. He is he has referred to himself as a king in like the past week.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, yeah, what do you think the chances are we have another presidential election like in twenty twenty eight?
Speaker 5: I part I personally and like I have like friends and like analysts who are like I respect, who might even disagree with me on this. We might have a different opinion. I think there probably will be a presidential election. It may look different, it may operate different. Like the mechanisms of like securing like votes and people's access to voting may be very different. Right, if you need to provide like proof citizenship at every polling station and they deny people's proof of citizenship because you're a transperson with an old passport that has a different gender marker. So now that you're now, they're not gonna be now they're not gonna accept your vote. Right, There's there's a whole bunch of things that could alter the way an election takes place. I think that there probably will be a presidential election, but I don't know, man, I'm trying to survive day by day, Like it's yeah, this is such a new situation and it's very freaky.
Speaker 1: I mean, like the last time I get, like the more famous example that people point to is Andrew Jackson being like, yeah, the Supreme Court says, I can't just totally move like Native Americans, like I'll do whatever I want. Now, let me see them trying to force this shit, and that was all bad. Yeah, it gave us that tears. That is the closest like mirror we have. And like you have someone like Vance who is openly using that rhetoric, yeah, exactly, like openly.
Speaker 5: Saying like if the courts, if the courts do that, like have the president go out and say all right, now force it, let them enforce it, try try me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and that's it. It's all like, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's very very disorienting. And I think that's like the one thing that I see. A clip that came up recently is one of like Russell Vatt, who's you know, one of the architects of Project twenty twenty five, who's now the head of Office of Management and Budget OMB saying like prior to the election that the whole goal with all of these cuts that they're making and is basically a terror campaign against the administrative state. And I want to play his words because when you hear it from them, like, it's clear that this is this is what they've talked about being phase one of how they are going to make this transition to full blown you know, autocracy or whatever new American monarchy with with King God Trump at the top. But this is Russell Vott again talking about this is what we need to do to get this stuff over the line.
Speaker 8: We want the bureaucrats to be traumatically affected. We want when they work up in the morning, we want them to not want to go to work because they are so they are increasingly viewed as the villains. We want their funding to be shut down so that the e PA can't do all of the rules against our energy industry because they have no bandwidth financially to do. So we want to put them in trauma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can't do all of the rules, and they can't do their rules energy and energy. I mean what's also infuriating is that this guy has the most coward energy ever as they talk about like his fantasy here. But now they are at the wheel here and yeah, they're pretty they're doing it like they're doing they they frankly have done it.
Speaker 5: Like there's an executive order issued last week that Trump basically said that he has the authority to like rescind regulations that that that he deems are are like illegal, yeah, which means that you are giving Trump is saying that the executive branch has a power, has the power to interpret law, to to make riscin an interpret law not just enacted, which is what constitutionally, like you're supposed to do, is you're supposed to enact the law, right right, He's saying, like you can you can like actually like rescind these laws. Something that is you know, supposed to be what Congress does, right, Like it's it's it's it's seasing complete executive power like it's it is it is some form of like yeah, like it's like an oligarchic monarchy like combination, Like it's it's very it's you know, it's similar to like you know, Hungary, similar to to how the Soviet block fell apart. You can you can like look at some like parallels, but this is also like I I don't want to overly rely on historical parallels because this is like yeah, also like deeply American. This is deeply twenty first century. It has to do with like the Internet, it has to do with like tech agent like, it has to do with like a big tech misinformation misinformation reality tunneling. Like it's it's so it's so modern and it's so American that I hesitate to, like to like overly prescribe historical analog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's the most we can do is just to kind of look back and like it's kind of like this, but nothing really is a one to one thing. It's because there's no Twitter, there's no you know, all this misinformation that's around people, like and to your point, it's it's not it's we can't quite relate it like a one to one thing.
Speaker 5: It's so unique that I think in thirty years we will refer to what's happening right now is like that's what like America did in the twenty twenties. Like it's it's just so seismic that like, yeah, we already kind of relate like referred to, you know, like the Reagan deregulation like era of the eighties, right that that's kind of a thing that we like conceptualize as this is so much more than that, like already, and it's just starting. We're like what like a month in right, like right, it's it's like the fundamental fabric of our country has been severely altered. Like the country that you knew like two months ago is gone. Then the way that it operates, the types of checks and balances it has, the services it provides. That government no longer exists, like this is a different government now, and it feels weird to like think about that and then watch everyone just kind of carry on looking at the little black box in their hand.
Speaker 3: Uh are you surprised? I guess that Like the New York Times, Washington Posts like these traditional mainstream media outlets are kind of taking it in stride, like they're not saying the thing that like this is coup of the US government, or at least they're not consistently saying that. It's just like kind of one thing at a time, like.
Speaker 5: They're dipping their toes into it. Sometimes it depends who the journalist is, depends who that the writer is. But but no, like I think frankly, people are looking to survive, like like like worst case scenario, how can I get out of this Okay, if this like fun, if this like continues to fundamentally be a different country, like like that's that's what. That's why Jeff Bezos rescinded the Kamala endorsement for The Washington Post. Like you are seeing like big tech, whether it's you know, Tim Apple, whether it's Mark Zuckerberg, whether it's Jeff Bezos, the guy at Google who I forget his name, who like they have they have people who have historically provided a degree of resistance to some of the you know, the crazy Trump stuff. They are all closing ranks the like we we are one class now and as song, we will look out for each other. Now will look out for you Trump if you look out for us, and like they are, they're not playing the same game that people played in twenty seventeen. Like it's there is no hashtag resistance right now. There is like there is like survival and like that. I guess that's like the big thing that I'm seeing is people are trying to like survive in case things like go go like really really bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for those billionaires, it's clear like rather than like bail water on the sinking ship, they're just being like where's my lifeboat because I'm not going to fucking help this thing. Like, yeah, I'm getting the fuck out of this, and.
Speaker 3: Let's take a quick break and come back and we'll talk about uplifting. There we go from here, we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 3: Cut you off.
Speaker 1: You're going to ask no, no, no, I guess you know we're talking. So now you know, people are in survival mode.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: People are being completely they're experiencing the destabilization process of this regime and it's doing what's you know, they're they're acting on their intended goals and when you look and you're like, where, well, what's the opposition? Where where is the opposition? We're not seeing much from Democrats. And this latest quote and I referenced it on yesterday's episode from James cam is we currently just basically he is convinced because he is so in tune with everything. He says, the GOP is about to collapse in four to six weeks. Democrats just need to play possum and they'll be they'll be picking picking at the pieces real easy, like, because they will be.
Speaker 2: They will they will have imploded.
Speaker 1: There will be an implosion, and he is really I think all in on this thinking of America like twenty nine years ago, you know, basically and thinking that this is going to play out in that way. But I'm guessing from your conversations like with constitutional lawyers and just generally over time with activists who have stood up against these sort of like very authoritarian moves from a government.
Speaker 2: Do you see this strategy playing out at all? Or is this pure like you.
Speaker 5: Said, just do I think the gopeople collapse in four weeks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the Democrats will just pick up the pieces, right.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Uh No, that's that's fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: They're at their most powerful that any party has ever been a victory left. They have the cultural victory.
Speaker 5: They've they've completely would no like like it's absolutely not, that's like, that's that's pure copium.
Speaker 1: It's frightening to know that this is someone I mean, granted most people he people listen to him from time to time, but he's not the most influential voice. But it does feel like indicative of generally how the dance, like the Democratic Party got us here to begin with, which is sort of like.
Speaker 2: Any minute now, any minute now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're the one who's flaying like they have completely collapsed. They they they they tried to do like a weird both sides of the campaign last year that didn't work. Now they have no idea what to do. They they don't know how to talk to people. All. Uh, they're just very off putting and smarmy and no like it's it's they they've I think in order to see any type of like resistance from an opposition party that are the actual like like organizational mechanisms of the Democratic Party needs to be like completely dismantled and like reformed, like I I, whatever advisors they have they have had working for them for the past eight years need to go in a hole far away, and we need to try something new because this hasn't worked right, Like I I I don't, I have no idea. I think some of them are trying to buy time for the midterms, like thinking that the midterms will just go out, you know, and everything will be fine. People will be sick of like the Trump busyness, and then we'll like retake Congress, we'll we'll we'll we'll make everything right. And like frankly, like for people that I know, like we don't have that time, like people's lives are being affected right now, Like not just people, not just like a massive amount of the federal workforcet like losing their jobs, but the like the like insane amount of like racism that's being normalized and like codified right now, transphobia, uh, the the the the anti immigrant like sentiments that have been so normalized, including under President Biden. Like we don't have two years, like it's things are happening like right now, Like my brain is so far away from the midterms at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that does feel like such a coping strategy too, because it you're also assuming that the norms are still existing, where it's like, well, what'll happen is they're gonna have too much dip on their chip. Then the voters will be like ah ah and then they go, oh, we better dial it back or else they're not gonna like us anymore. But all of their moves, I mean, like even on Fox News, the way they're even talking now. I just want to play a clip from like Fox or may not even play it, but Brian kill me. It was essentially saying, you know, because there are all these town halls where constituents were yelling at these Republican members of Congress, like in deeply red districts, like very safe red districts. Otherwise they wouldn't have even tried to have a town hall. But Brian kill me. He's like, you know, they have people going up there saying like, oh, I lost my job because the dose stuff or whatever, and maybe you know, this is just part and even if they did vote for Trump, this is gonna be part of trying to close that deficit. And this is just kind of what's going to have to happen for America to get back on track. And now they are trying to sell this back to the people as being like, yeah, the way you're gonna win is by losing everything, and that's what.
Speaker 2: We hopefully you can internalize that.
Speaker 1: I don't know how well that's going, because there is one thing Americans are. They do feel entitled to a certain quality of life and certain you know, especially like white you know, most like those sort of like upper middle class MAGA voters too, who tend to be the loudest. But I'm I just don't know, like that's where I see that kind of stuff and go, I don't even know if they're even interested in elections because their whole their strategy seems to like whatever, fuck.
Speaker 2: Them if they think they're going to vote against us, like we're not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: It sort of seems to be the energy, which also very much is alarming for me to see.
Speaker 3: Your pain is just weakness leaving the body, you know where? Yeah, exactly, exactly, All right, well, should we do some less depressing non political content real quick here or about the Oscar race the award season? Yeah, guys.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: One of the biggest criticisms of the oscars, other than over long running time and general pointlessness, is how predictable they've become. Like, going in, people usually have an idea it's like between two movies essentially, and usually that that's like best case scenario. This year, it seemed like Amelia Perez ooh win and that shit's not gonna happen now thanks to great award award campaign that they pr campaign.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, shocking.
Speaker 5: It's even it's not shocking because it is very Oscar baby like for like liberals who want to feel good like all all of the Green Book. But come on, guys, yeah, the first thought, best thought, that's they spent five minutes thinking about the idea of.
Speaker 3: Trans people and wrote a.
Speaker 5: About it, an extremely transphobic movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, So Anora won the PGA Award two weeks ago, and everyone's like, all right, it's a lot. That's because so these are all or like Producers Guild sag AFTRA like BAFTA.
Speaker 5: These are all I'm a WG member, I'll say, you know, okay, So these are.
Speaker 3: All groups that also vote on the Academy Awards. So you're kind of getting a picture of who these people's favorite movie or what these people's favorite movies are, how they're going to vote. So Producers Guild Anora won. Then last Night Conclave or on Sunday Night Conclave won Screen Actor Guild Award, so that which nobody really saw coming, and it also won the BAFTA, and now it seems like that might win there that brutalist I thought Conclave was a good time at the movies personally, but I also really liked A Nora. I've enjoyed a lot of these. I have not seen the Bob Dylan one, but that was another upset victory. Timothy shallow May won the Screen Actors Guild Award for playing Bob Dylan in a complete unknown instead of Adrian Brody for the brutalist who had been winning all the other ones.
Speaker 5: It makes sense that the SAG Awards are like, no, we're not going to give this to you, Adrian. Nice try buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah wait, why does it make sense? Actually?
Speaker 5: Oh, because of because of because of the AI accent work the dumb film I can like screen actors specifically, we're gonna be like, come on man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, his accent was helpfully, it was helped along in Enhanced AI enhanced enhanced. But so Shallo May got up all leather gave kind of a weird, earnest speech about how he wants to be one of the greats. Also kind of shaded the biopic genre, which is what he was winning for. He called it tired. He said he wanted to thank the entire cast who in the genre doing a biopick that could be perhaps tired. Gave it. There all gave it. They're all is such a wild like.
Speaker 5: I mean, I can I can see what he's saying there in terms of like the music, I am tired of kind of low quality music biopicks that that keep keep coming every year. And if if, if there's a team that's trying to make one but like but good, actually, like I can, I can kind of see what he's saying, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like yeah, the filmmaker who made his also made uh not Walk Hard Walk the Line, which is I think the quintessential biopick that when people are like this is getting tired, they're thinking of Walk the Line and Ray probably as like the two movies that are just like the most down the middle by So it's interesting that he called out the cast while talking about a genre that the director of the movie kind of kind of helped put where it currently is in terms of tiredness. But this is this is the line from a speech that really got me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we should let's put it. I think we should hear it in his words because it's a little bit more. Yeah, let me put this up here. Here's the d his ending to this speech. You know, you know, he shout it out to thick everybody in the film, but then he sort of also just wanted to say a little something for himself to let people know how Timothy Shallow may views his career.
Speaker 9: So I'm deeply grateful to them. And lastly, I can't downplay the significance of this award because it means the most to me. And I know we're in a subjective business, but the truth is, I'm really in pursuit of greatness. I know people don't usually talk like that, but I want to be one of the greats. I'm inspired by the greats. I'm inspired by the greats here tonight. I'm as inspired by Daniel day Lewis, Marlon Brando, and Viola Davis as I am by Michael Jordan, Michael Phelps.
Speaker 3: And I want to be up there.
Speaker 9: So I'm deeply grateful to that this This doesn't signify that, but it's a little more fuel.
Speaker 3: It's a little more AMMO to keep going.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: This doesn't signify He goes, I mean this this ain't it? Like, come on, guys, all I'm saying is I'm on my way. You know you got to play in the CBA on your.
Speaker 2: Way to the NB. You know what I mean to say.
Speaker 3: It's so funny that he was like, guys, I think you're like as cool as Michael Jordan, Michael Phelps. It's just it's like you're trying to rule actually to a ten year old. It's so fucking funny. I love it. You guys are like my Michael Jordan, Like, I'm I guess I'm kind of a weirdough but you know, I'm like into acting, So you're on the level with like people who are like what, like, that's an insult to compare me to Michael Phelps the Swimmer. You just compared Marlon Brando to Michael Phelps the Swimmer.
Speaker 5: Marley Brado kind of is the Michael Phelps of acting, you know.
Speaker 1: Many ways, Garson, how far how far off is Timothy shallow May.
Speaker 2: From being one of the greats? Do you think?
Speaker 5: I I think he's actually well on his way. I've been interested in uh uh, like Tom Cruise's like comments to Timothy. But like, you know, you should learn all these various like skills because people when you get get cast in films, like, they AREN'TNNA, they're not They're not gonna teach you to sort of fight well, so you should you should learn how to do that. You should learn how to based jump, you should like you should learn how to do all of these things if you want to like be in this for like for your life. I I think he's actually like very sincere there and like wants to actually be like like you know, like a like a generational talent. I think, yeah, it is. It is a little silly, but I'm I am, I am, I'm low key. I'm low key in his camp here. I can, I can. I can understand the urge to be like one of the best at what you do, because otherwise, like what's the point? And like this is this is an aspect of people who like get to that level of like their artistry that you know, it's it's it's maybe a little bit cringe. It's maybe be a little bit disconnected from like the reality of everyday life for people, but like I get it.
Speaker 1: I think there's something too, Like just generally though too it's hard most people wouldn't announce their intention total what they're doing with their career because of just the massive fear of failure and also be like what do you think.
Speaker 2: You're better than us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're saying this stuff. But also like I think anyone who has to do anything that requires self belief, like you have to tell yourself these things or else it's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: Like you like not to be like I'm going.
Speaker 5: To be magic, but no, like it is like, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: You have to, but you have to back yourself, like without that kind of confidence, it's not it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But it's just funny though too to be like.
Speaker 1: You know, I want it like the mj of acting, you know what I mean, the Phelps of acting. I'm like, yes, Timothy, just that. Let's let's see that Michael Phelps biopic for him as Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 5: Well, now that Trump won the election, that might be coming back.
Speaker 1: They're like, they're gonna say, who's to say a black guy has to play Michael Jordan and the Michael Jordan bile pick.
Speaker 2: I think that's what.
Speaker 5: It would be DEI casting.
Speaker 10: He should have a full head of hair, like I yeah, I like, I'm trying to think of where the Michael Jordan Michael Pulps say, like, I don't the only thing I care like, I I think it's a yes, noteworthy for him to be like that.
Speaker 3: I know this is cringe. I want to be great. I'm going to like unabashedly pursue this and not be like whatever an award that doesn't matter. But why did he why was he like it's it's almost like Michael Jordan and Michael Like not quite Michael Jordan. I'm as inspired by Daniel da Lewis. Marlon Brando of Violent Davis says, I am by Michael Jordan and Michael Phelps, Like is he because he has had like a little run here where he like went on ESPN shows and was kind of revealed himself to be a bit of a sports guy. I knows sports like and that's who I am now to the point that in my award speeches, I need to be aiming for people who listen to the Ringer podcasts, like I have to combine uh, sports and pop culture to make sense of this to people. Or maybe he's just being earnest. Maybe he's just like I think, are Michael Jordan Michael Phelps.
Speaker 2: I think that's the thing. It's like he's being like dude.
Speaker 1: I also I really like sports too, and that's kind of I'm also drawing inspiration from it. I think it's just so funny because I think it's funny because it's different than you would never hear those names evoked in the context, Like I feel like artists think of other artists as being the people they strive for where he's like, I want to be like that MJ poster and you're like, yeah, that's related, Like we all want to be the m from the free throw line.
Speaker 3: Like Adrian Brody already looked heartbroken to be losing what like when he went up he like seemed like he was like ashes, and then to have him go up there and be like, dang Adrian, like you're kind of you're like the Charles Barkley of this shit. It's just so I can't imagine what was going through his mind. Like Adrian Brody doesn't know who Michael Phelps is.
Speaker 1: He's probably smoked weed with him after he put that rocked away, gone on that one bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the Rossaway great moments in popular culture. I loved that the SNL fifty shouted that out.
Speaker 1: The repeated use of blackface, but then they had to censor everything. They're like, oh, look y'all, we know we're trying to own it, but we can't really reshame ourselves because it's pretty fucked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's got I Garrison, I'm glad you are supportive of your peer. Maybe slightly elder, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, at the very least Timothy is a former member of the Twin Council, so there is a still a degree of solidarity here.
Speaker 3: He's still pretty Yeah.
Speaker 5: That I do have to bestow onto onto him as a former as a former member.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. Well, Garrison Davis, what a pleasure having you on the podcast as always? Where can people find you? Follow you, read you, hear you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: Well, my show is it could happen here that I'm on some episodes of because we release five episodes a week, including a new weekly kind of news roundup series on Fridays called Executive Disorder. So that's where I can be heard. You can read my work at Shatterzone dot substack dot com, and you can find me on Blue Sky and and X the Everything app at Hungry bow Tie.
Speaker 3: I do appreciate that you refer to it, but it's the proper name X the Everything App.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't believe. I don't believe in dead naming, you know, I gotta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 5: There's a really good article by a writer I like on a C C Helmet Girl, which is the Substack She did a really good article last week, kind of covering it like like trans cultural issues. I guess in kind of a break from the depressing news regarding the loss of our rights. But it was a very good article on on on like the cultural on the cultural front. I guess I enjoyed reading, been trying to read more, been trying to read more.
Speaker 3: I guess so couldn't be me. I'm just sure that's that's great something to aspire to and that sounds awesome. We will link off to that article in the footnotes miles where can people find you with their workimedia you've been enjoying? H yeah, find me.
Speaker 1: We're everywhere where they have at symbols at miles of Gray gr a y find Jack and on the basketball podcast udzele check on Matt BOOSTI is tune in for the latest episode of four twenty Day Fiance, where Sophia and I talk about season eleven, episode one of ninety Day Fiance. A lot of wackyst We got a thrupple in there now international throat and it's messy um.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Lionel a work of media.
Speaker 1: I like, let's see there, it's more just again, how Twitter or x the Everything app. It's alive, it's not dead. I don't care what anyone says. I tweeted this in November twelfth of twenty twenty, right after the twenty twenty election, as a joke, right when everyone is talking about how the Trump campaign was filing lawsuits to stop the steal, I said breaking Judge Marilyn Million has told the Trump campaign to quote get the fuck out of here after unsuccessfully filing a lawsuit in the People's court to stop absentee ballot counting. I just got a reply from this like a few weeks ago from a total fucking fake bot, Barbara Crawford at Barbara like garble numbers stocks. Yeah, sorry, sorry, gonna do it, and it just said not look not loving her now, dem not watching anymore. Years after this, I'm like, could you be more of a fake thing? And then someone else just replied to it. It's all all very very confusing. So shout out to that app for just being the source of all kinds of entertainment and information.
Speaker 2: It turns out, yeah, that's what you'll find me, and that's what.
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter. Check Underscore Brian on Blue Sky, Jack Obi The number one working media I've been enjoying is from the Pelicans Film Room. Pell at Pell's Film Room on Twitter. Number eleven just put on the greatest baby crawl race performance you'll ever see. It's like one of those halftime events where they do a bunch of babies the mom or something the pan. Yeah, they crawl from mom to dad and this baby just motors. But it's interesting. I want to link off to it because it's interesting. Everybody like has their technique. They're like lifting the baby up, putting it down, lifting the baby up, putting it down. Like it's like they're like winding a car up or something like. There's like a technique forgetting your baby. Anyways, it is an incredible feat. And as the baby crosses the finish line, there's a mom right next to the baby that like you can see physically being deflated. How badly her baby just got it fass kicked. Anyways. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist were the Daily Zeicheist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episode and our foot Nope, no where we look off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. Well there's a song that we think you might enjoy, Miles, is there a song you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the icon ROBERTA. Flack actually passed away Monday. You know, she was battling als eighty eight years old some people. I think the easiest thing to connect ROBERTA. Flack to probably most people's minds, is Killing Me Softly.
Speaker 2: That is a ROBERTA. Flack track.
Speaker 1: So let's go out on that one. This is killing me Softly with his song by ROBERTA Flack. Yeah, I think just a seminal artist.
Speaker 2: And yet everybody bump some ROBURTA.
Speaker 3: Flack today, Bump some Flak. All right. We will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily zeitgeis is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then.
Speaker 2: Bye bye