Speaker 1: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that?
Speaker 1: Right, Hey, y'alls up, it's Laurena Rosa and this is another episode of the Latest with Laurena Rosa. This is Genli did on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, and all of the conversations that shake the room. Baby, y'all know, we kick off the Latest with Lona Rosa here on the podcast side of things with a check in behind the scenes of the Grind.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, y'all.
Speaker 1: I told y'all we were going to be coming off of a very exciting, running around like crazy weekend and at exactly what we have done this week when we was outside in the streets. Okay, So Friday, I kicked off my weekend here in New York City at a new spot.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a location.
Speaker 1: It's a vinyl lounge of vinyl as in like actual vinyls, like music vinyls. So it's a dope spot. My boyfriend is one of the owners in the place. And I'm not just saying it's dope because men, but it really is though. So here's the concept. The concept is you know. It's art, it's creative, it's intimate, it's elevated, it's very grown, very sexy. But the DJ only plays music, spins music from vinyls fire and it not even just DJs, but like tastemakers, like music taste makers and conversational the lists will come with their vinyl collections list with music as well too, full bar tap us like you know, small bites. Yes, so we were there Friday, just you know, they did like a friends and family kind of like come out, let's test run it for the weekend, first weekend, celebrate us and it was dope. J Cole popped out for the opening weekend like it was. He was actually in New York for the The fall Offs four that he's on. It was a vibe ten out of ten, no notes, no complaints. Make sure y'all check out don't Matter. It's in Brooklyn. It's in Dumbo, Brooklyn. It's called don't Matter.
Speaker 2: I know the name. It's like, wait, what don't matter? Like what is a big deal? Should matter? No, But it's like, you know, don't matter.
Speaker 1: It's more so like it's like the Beyonce of the essence of the vibe of the place. Where it's like, you know, you don't got to say too much, you don't got to do too much. But it's a big deal though. So we kicked off the weekend there with some friends and family, and then Saturday, I headed down to Delaware for the Duffy's Hope charity basketball game. I did not play in the basketball game, but I did, you know, just go sit sidelines watch the game. We got a chance to talk to Duffy, who is the owner of the organization. They've been working in the city for decades now at this point, bringing money through the charity basketball game and other things that they do with the organization, aiding kids in foster care and just under underserved communities as they need to help. Let's take a listen and Duffy talk about you know what the organization is.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is twenty first annual w O Slavic basketball game. It's a fundraiser raise money for our programs for takeing Free. We need support. We're here. This is a great event. It's a nice tignout and I'm just happy. So again, Delphie's Hope. Follow us on Instagram or visit a website Dulphis Hoping dot org.
Speaker 1: So I was there playing for the celebrities. You had Michael Rainey who plays Tarik on Power. You had Gianni Polo who plays bringing Tarik's like wright boy bestI on Power.
Speaker 2: Lorenz Tate was a coach.
Speaker 1: This is actually all three of their like at least like the third or fourth year that I've.
Speaker 2: Seen them involved in the program.
Speaker 1: You also have Boots Ins, who is a boxer from Philadelphia who was there and involved. Who else this is somebody Derek Milano, songwriter, big songwriter from Delaware. Crazy because like we've on each other for so long. We were seated next to each other at the meet and greet just talking about how insane it was to like, you know, have come from Delaware and be wanting to do all these things and now doing them. He actually want to grammy for Savage Magda Science Savage that he wrote and had to grammy with him. He took that Grammy where everywhere with him. But I feel it though I would too.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, we were there doing a bunch of content. You know.
Speaker 1: I posted a lot of the background, behind the scenes things from my weekend on my socials. Lauren L Rosa l O r E N. L O r O s A and Lauren l Rosa TV which is my YouTube channel l O r e n l O r.
Speaker 2: O s a TV.
Speaker 1: And we one of the one of the clips that I was like because we were starting to do more content just for Brown Girl Grinding solely, so you know, I can bring it here to the podcast when I want, or take it to breakfast club when I want, but not just like news stories, like conversation stuff like just you know, and some feel good content. We caught up with Lorenz Tate who and you know asked him like what this Brown Girl Grinding mean to him?
Speaker 2: I think Lorenz Tate in his career and you.
Speaker 1: Know, even like you think about brown Sugar, and just like a lot of the movies he's done, the way that he super serves black women, brown girls on their grind through his work and through his storytelling, definitely was somebody we wanted to hear from.
Speaker 2: So let's take a look.
Speaker 4: What does Brown Girl Brinding mean to me? Is listen, being the best that you can be, living your best life and being a brown girl is the quentin cential essence of a woman. Blessings, y'all, love shout out.
Speaker 1: To Lorenz Tate though for being such a good sport. He was like, because he was the he was the coach. Home.
Speaker 2: It was two teams.
Speaker 1: It was like a I don't even know it was a blue I think the other team was blue. I was sitting behind the Green team, so like by association, I was rooting for the Green team. Laurentz State was coaching the Green team. They were up at halftime. I left at halftime, and they were winning at halftime, So I don't know who ended up winning all the way, but man, when I tell y'all, they were out there taking that game so serious. Like Michael Rainey's mom was on the sideline like, oh, he ain't played in a while. He sat down one time. She was like, YO, next time, take that shot yourself. I'm like, oh, this is real. But I'd love to see it though, because the kids get so excited. The kids love to see the celebrities. For some of these kids, it's the first time ever even being that close in proximity to people that they're watching on television, So exposure is everything. So I'm completely here for it. And then closed out the weekend at Angie Martinez's summer barbecue that she does every year. This is my second year participating. I hosted the double Dutch competition while there. Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are ever going to.
Speaker 5: Angie's Summer barbecue is always a place to be. I'm going to road. So you're having a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all having a good time.
Speaker 5: But look, we are about to have a double Dutch competition right here on this stage.
Speaker 2: This is one of the biggest did y'all ready to see.
Speaker 6: It go down?
Speaker 5: So I got my wrong girls, I got my wrong girls from the show their movement right, They're gonna come up here. We've been watching y'all double dutch all day. I have some contestants that are gonna be going at it the way we're gonna do this is the last man or woman sitting will get a trip to L A c JZ. So they up here jumping, right, They up here jumping for something real. But listen, listen, listen, listen. Y'all are gonna help me choose who is going to win? What the last man standing?
Speaker 2: But I need to try that.
Speaker 5: They need the energy, Okay, So y'all gotta scream, yell, make some noise like your fans talk about going to go out fact whatever y'all.
Speaker 2: Want to do.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, so I relation need listen.
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 2: What's your day?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 5: And no, right, I'm staying on the way.
Speaker 7: That's sound like a battle.
Speaker 6: That okay?
Speaker 1: And you know I got to get my you know, my double dutch, and I didn't do it on the stage, thank going, because the one piece I had on I don't know if it would help me all the way down the girls was girling.
Speaker 2: But we did get a chance to double dutch a bit.
Speaker 1: And the woman who actually won that she is going to be headed to La to see jay Z.
Speaker 2: So that was fire.
Speaker 1: But there were a ton of performances. A funny moment, I thought, uh, French Montana. There was a fan that was recording French Montana. And when I tell y'all, the best thing about Angie summer barbecues. And this is my second year going, and each year consistently, the best thing has been the energy of the people, Like y'all. It was hot as hell out that's probably one hundred degrees outside. I was in a one piece like shorts, it's short shorts, and I was sweating like I was hot. I was exhausted and they had been out there all day long. Hennessy was her sponsor. So they drink and they having a good time. She had all the photo situations set up you could do like you know, various photo content.
Speaker 2: There was food. There actually was barbecue food. I didn't think that there was.
Speaker 1: Just asked me that on the breakfast club and I didn't know that that was barbecue fool because when were at in the VIP there was like lamb chop and all these things, but there was actual barbecue fool too.
Speaker 2: But the fans and the energy was was crazy.
Speaker 1: Now moving on into the latest because this moment from the barbecue actually made news. Remy For those of you guys who are not familiar with you know Remy Ma's current dating status. Remy Ma is single, okay, rememby rapper music artists. She's getting into the TV lane of things to talk to lane and things. She was on stage and she responded and threw some shots at her now strange husband, pepoofs, rapper from New York, who is currently dating Clarissa Shields, who is a female boxer. They call it a vote, you guys, we've talked about Clarissa here before. We've talked about Clarisa and the Breakfast Club as well too. There was like such a big back and forth with them about a year or so ago. For background context, Uh, Pet Poofs had been married for oh my god, it's been forever, and at one point like they were token black love.
Speaker 2: Like that was literally the slogan. It was black love.
Speaker 1: Remi Ma went to you know, she was locked up for some time and Pat Poos, you know, as the story goes, held her down, made sure she was straight, her children were straight that we knew of came home, they were together. Uh, they welcomed a new baby, and I don't know where things went left, but we found out about a year or so ago. I remember it was during the time I was doing the Diddy trial because I remember, I just remember that time period. So that's how long ago it was we found out that pet Poofs was actually dating Crisa's Shields. And the reason why this was like oh shit, because it was like and I don't even cuss, but like that literally was the feeling. I don't cuss on the podcast anyway, that was the feeling because you know that we had known Pat Poofs and Remy had been together forever, like twenty years. Ain't no joke, okay, And even like I like I had heard, you know, rumors that you know, Remy was dating somebody knew another bat like a battle rapper I got out of Philly. There have been a little rumblings of things, but nothing confirmed, and they kept it so in the house.
Speaker 2: It was like you was never going to know.
Speaker 1: And because they kept it so in house, I thought that, you know, even if there was something going on, it was gonna be something that was gonna work out and move on. Uh.
Speaker 2: That did not happen.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Clarissa Shields and Remy and pet Poofs ended up, you know, having this like big back and forth fall line. Fast forward, Remy a single and she is responding to pet Poofs and Clarissa because Clarissa did an interview down Atlanta with Young Jack and Miss shat Nika on morning Streets or Streets in the Mornings with Jack and Shaanika where she brought Remy up in comparison to people talking about her and pet Poofs because that we know Pet Poo's filed for divorce, but nothing has been part along just Ta gonna.
Speaker 2: Say, like, real question, because I didn't been here before.
Speaker 6: How much longer are you willing to be in a relationship with somebody's.
Speaker 1: Husbands, Because at the end of the day, that's what people.
Speaker 4: Are looking at.
Speaker 6: Well pause, okay, pause, because that's not somebody's husband. Pat Pools filed for divorce. Y'all hate to say that word, but it's the word that's out there. He filed for divorce because he's serious about me. Oh, I'm not with somebody's husband. And if you're gonna call him her husband, make sure you call her his wife and also hold her accountable for what she's doing in her life because she hasn't who she's big about. So don't make it seem like it's just one sided. I'm not with somebody's husband. I'm with the man who filed for divorce, who's serious about me, who has done things for me that I've done for him.
Speaker 2: So that's not what it is.
Speaker 6: They say that because they want that to be the narrative, but that's not it. People go through divorces and break ups more than anything in the world.
Speaker 2: That's why it's such a big talk. I just got im one right now.
Speaker 1: Really said I remember I told y'all that that was our whole big back and forth between Remy and and Patpoos and Clarissa online. Remy said then anytime her name was brought up, she was going to respond. She was going to mind her business in the midst of it and focus on was you know what I mean? Focus on was for her. But anytime her name was brought up, she was going to respond, and she used the stage at anjer Martinez's barbecue to do. So let's take a listen further clabify.
Speaker 5: I'll be singing the single when they can stop asking for half, but that's between me and y'all. Come on, can't half a.
Speaker 4: Y'all yogo ship? You keep jumping on my like a.
Speaker 5: Someone even know that the.
Speaker 7: Motion was so so tick since I was wearing anybody else, you act like you help.
Speaker 1: And Remy got a project dropping in August, So at this point, I don't know. I think we might get we might get some more conversation, Like we might get some more conversation around this, because I think one of the biggest questions that you have with Remy, Mat and Peppos is like where did it go wrong?
Speaker 2: Like what happened.
Speaker 1: It's totally fine if y'all choose to move on, Like, who are we to tell y'all not to. But I think the public, we were all under this perception that they were like locked in, ain't know switching up, Like no matter what went down, they were going to figure it out. I mean, that's what a marriage typically is, especially because it welcomed their their new baby at the time. She's been older now, but at the time, you know, their baby was younger, So I don't know, it confused a lot of people. It definitely confused a lot of people when this happened. But the girls is outside. I won't say though this is my first time meeting Remy, I didn't even really get it get to meet her.
Speaker 2: Like I spoke to her. We were doing a.
Speaker 1: Stream online and she just like stopped by the shed even stopped by, she was like walking by, so she like popped in a stream, moved just dancing.
Speaker 2: Her energy was up.
Speaker 1: She was in great spirits, so she I mean, it's not given she mad about nothing like right now. But I think everybody's talking from their own narratives. I mean, and to be fair, Carissa was asked about Remy y'all heard the question she was asked, and she answered the question.
Speaker 2: I saw another clip.
Speaker 1: Where she was somewhere promoting her fight because she has a fight in Atlanta August fifteenth. She actually just announced that a Lota was gonna be bringing her out, which is super dope because Lotto mentioned Clarisa in the song you know Clarissa patpoos.
Speaker 2: The whole thing s tifting gears a bit.
Speaker 1: Though, let's talk about Chris Brown completely shifting gears. One thing is not related to the other. So Chris Brown, y'all, there has been a huge ongoing legal fight with Chris Brown. This one is involving a woman, a dog, her family, Chris Brown, and his security guards. So for a background, there was a housekeeper that was working at Chris Brown's house who was allegedly attacked by a security dog. Now, the security dog you know attacked her. The Chris Brown you know says he was in the shower. He testified during the trial. He says that he was in the shower, he heard all the noise, came downstairs, found the woman bloody like skin lifting off of her face, and it was just a mess. He admitted to not calling an ambulance, you know, the police right away because he is Chris Brown, and he didn't want it to be like a media news circuit. So he got out of there and his team handled it, and I mean, he admitted that it happened, you know, and he admitted even you know, a while in court that at one point, like when they first ran out and saw her, they didn't even know she was breathing, and to make sure she was breathing. Now, in the midst of this trial, there was a mistrial that had happened because I'm sorry, they had to redo their jurey selection because there was a juror on the trial who was using the Internet to look up certain things about the case or whatever, and that wasn't gonna fly. But it ended up where Chris Brown was awarded I'm sorry, not Chris Brown, the housekeeper was awarded thirteen million dollars. That was a missed you know, claims that she was like under you know, duress and certain things and in certain ways, her life her life now have been changed from this dog attack, but also the life of her sister and her husband as well, who were you know, on the premises founder have experienced you know, different things with her even following this attack, because things are so different for her following the trauma of the attack, according and alleged by the victim. Now, Chris Brown is like, at first, this woman just followed documents last week and she was asking for a judge to make Chris Brown pay up the thirteen million dollars. She's like, I don't care how we get it. I know he owned this big tour right now with usher, make him pay up. Even prior to that last request of like, make him pay up if even from that tour, the housekeeper's lawyer was trying to imply things like Chris Brown did not care, Like he's back out on tour. He doesn't care. He's moved on, he's living his life. Now Chris Brown's side has you know, they've responded and they are one hundred percent like, look, there's been a lot that has happened in this case that was not correct, that was not fairly done, including the juror misconduct and other things. And they want thirteen million dollars as a verdict to be thrown out. They want to have a brand new trial, and they say that the verdict should be tossed out. So Chris Brown seemen saying, look, the proceedings were very irregular, which prevented him from having a fair trial. There was jury misconduct what I told you guys about with the durer looking up stuff on the internet.
Speaker 2: They cite insufficient new findings.
Speaker 1: That proof is innocence, So that means that they have some evidence that they feel like if they had known about before, could be presented or you know, things that they might argue the housekeeper side knew about but maybe didn't present to them in the best.
Speaker 2: Way so that they had the best time to prepare.
Speaker 1: They also mentioned an excessive amount of damages for the plaintiffs and a few other things. But basically they're like, this is too much money, and that was the argument, Like they had said, Okay, this did happen. Chris Brown testified it did happen. And I think him testifying was, you know, trying to show the judge like I know something happened, but like, you know, like take it easy on me, like I didn't sit the dog on the woman just here, because it happened, and I know that it was messed up and we're happy. She okay, but thirteen million dollars no judge, so that they're trying to get a smaller number and last time, you know, the last filing that happened in this case prior to Chris Brown responding with, Yo, this needs to be less money. Let's start a new trial again. The woman was basically saying Chris Brown was avoiding trying to pay the money. And even then that made me start thinking a question because at first I'm like, can you appeal this because he got on stand and said that it happened. But I'm like, oh, he can appeal the amount though and bringing any new information, that's exactly what he's doing. So we'll keep you guys posted, let you know what comes of this, if anything. And summertime still here, y'all. We got about what another four weeks of the summer to be running around and be the latest on location. We didne took y'all from Delaware giving back to the kids. I'm sorry we didn't took y'all from a New York City night out to Delaware giving back to the kids all the way to Coney Island for Angie martinez Is infamous summer barbecue. Y'all be locked in with all the good things. It's Okay, I'm man LaRosa. This has been another episode of the Latest with montl Rosa. I'll tell you, guys, every single episode. Y'all could be anywhere with anybody talking about all things, but you choose to be right here with me, my Lowriders.
Speaker 2: I'll catch you in my next one.