Speaker 1: Hour two, Sean Hannity Show, eight hundred nine point one, Shawn on number if you want to be a part.
Speaker 2: Of the program.
Speaker 1: Look, I would argue, and I keep going back to the same words I've been using, And you have a sweep of an area, then you secure the area that you have swept to make sure that nobody can then contaminate it if you will or get into that area, because it is secure at that point and it remains secure. The last part of the equation is the perimeter. And I have been in very secure locations. There have been other instances. I've been around other heads of state, and I can tell you the level of security is far greater than that of our own government.
Speaker 2: I'm just giving you the facts.
Speaker 1: Now, this is not in any way impune the great work of the guys that were on the ground responding to the threat. But I'm saying that the threat needed to be avoided. And you can argue, and I've heard people arguing, well, there's no way to sweep an entire hotel, And my answer tell me why not.
Speaker 2: It has to be done.
Speaker 1: And if you go to this this lunatic with his manifesto, he's actually mocking how easy it was for him to get these guns in place, and that to me is frustrating. I can tell you, you know, for example, when we go to the DNC convention or the RNC convention, usually there is an outer outer perimeter, and then then you go through a checkpoint, and then they check your credentials, and then you go through another checkpoint, and that's where you get wanded and go through a magnetometer. Then by the time you get inside you do it again. And so there are multiple layers of multiple checkpoints. I can tell you going into the rn C, D and SAY conventions in twenty twenty four, I was stopped, had to show ID at least three times, sometimes four, and I had to you know, take all the stuff out of my pockets, get wanded, go through a mag at least twice, and I was going through the press entrance. In other words, they probably make it a little bit easier. Not sure if that should be the case either anyway. Nicole Parker is with us, author of the two fbis The Bravery and Betrayal I Saw in My time. Also Gary Byrne, author of Secrets of the Secret Service, The History and uncertain Future of the US Secret Service. I don't mean to in any way disparage anybody at the Secret Service. I have great respect for the fact that these guys, all of.
Speaker 2: Them to a fault.
Speaker 1: The people that I've known and met are all willing to take a bullet for the president. But I'm telling you there's something institutionally wrong with what we're doing here, and if we don't fix it, we're going to have a massive catastrophe in this country.
Speaker 2: Anyway, welcome both of you. Nicole.
Speaker 1: First off, I think it's important to delineate this is not an FBI problem. The FBI has the FBI Director, Cash Vittella, he'll be on TV tonight, has said the FBI will offer all the help aid support they can. We do have a problem. This comes under the purview of the Department of Homeland Security. We have a new Secretary, Mark way Mullen. But more importantly, we've also had a funding of the Department of Homeland Security issue. The Secret Service is part of that funding and they're expected to run out of funds this very week, of all weeks, and hopefully that will get resolved. So it really isn't the purview of the FBI. However, they're going to be a big part of the investigative part of this, which we already know pretty much everything. I think anyone would ever want to know about this guy, right, So, first.
Speaker 3: Of all, I, you know, have such deep respects for the Secret Service. I worked with the Secret Service. I actually worked in an event with President Trump when I was in the FBI, worked closely with the Secret Service, and it went off lawlessly. And so I agree with you. I heard your word Shaan on Saturday night with alarming to think. You know, we went through Butler and then obviously the Palm Beach golf incident. Looks it's not impossible to sweep an area or a hotel. Would it be difficult, yes, impossible No, But I think it comes back to the safety and security of the president and his administration in the cabinet. It doesn't matter what it is, it's got to be safe and secure the ballroom. It just continues to give justification they need the funding for or they're not even asking for funding for this. We just need the support of this so we.
Speaker 1: Won't cost the taxpayers a dime, not a penny exactly.
Speaker 3: And so I don't understand what the issue is there. But going back to what happened on Saturday. I found it quite alarming, obviously. But on a similar note, my sister recently went to the Easter egg hunt at the White House on the White House Salon. In the first comment she said to me when she got back to Austin, Texas was wow. I was surprised that I was never asked for my identification. I didn't have to provide it before I went. She was absolutely flabergases. She went through a magnutometer when they got on site, but that was pretty much it. But I do appreciate and respect that this is a constantly evolving situation and they are going to improve things. And I have no doubt that in these meetings they're going to continue to improve things. I obviously was not in the Secret a Service, but having worked with them and talked to Secret Service agents, we're in a different environment now. It is a different threat and we've got to step up the game across the federal government and the FBI to Secret Service VHS because we've got elevated threat levels that we have never seen before. But yet some of our systems are quite antiquated, and our protective models are sometimes antiquated. And to step it up to meet the demands and use the technology that we have at our fingertips. Now, I think that's something that they will absolutely be looking at. The protective model. I think even the FBI is going to be looking at things, things with AI, things that we can do on researching and getting things up to speed so that we can be ready and prepared and not have something like this ever occur again. But Sean, you and I know these people are evil, They have no moral conscience, and this will continue to happen evil if not going away. We just have to be on a game to stop it and to protect Americans and particularly to protect the President of the United States. But again, this is not just a secret service problem. This is a law enforcement problem across the board.
Speaker 1: Let me go to you, Gary, and let me go back to the three examples we have, and I believe there's one common theme. If you look at Butler, there's no justification for somebody getting within one hundred and thirty yards, getting on a ladder, getting on top of a roof, setting up and taking a shot at Donald Trump. That tells me that the area was not secure, it wasn't swept properly, and the proper perimeter was not set up because you can, a good shot could hit a target from fifteen hundred yards away, never mind one hundred and thirty yards away. So then you look at Trump International, I mean the holes where the president was coming up to and if it wasn't for one sharp eyed Secret Service agent that just happened to catch a glimpse of somebody in the trees, those treed areas are known for where paparazzi stalk Donald Trump and have stalked him for years to get video or pictures. It was never swept, never mind secured, and never mind the perimeter set around. Once it's secured, nobody should be able to go up or down that street without being watched the entire time. In this case, too, the perimeter was set up way too close to the event. They never swept the entire hotel. They didn't secure the area in the hotel. The idea that you have people that would be able to get a room in the hotel and walk down with a gun and then you know, walk right up to the perimeter fifty yards away from the room where many people could have been slaughtered, is insane to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're one hundred percent right, Sean. And like I said before, it's one of the reasons I wrote secrets to the Secret Service. What happened on Saturday and night there should have been and I've been, I've been to the Indian you know, inside the Secret Service, we refer to it as the Ankley Hotel because that's where Reagan was almost assassinated. And so the hotel actually built an underground garage so you can bring the president. And then after the Reagan attempted assassination, the hotel always cooperates with you. When I used to go there and do these events, different events, every the whatever floor we were on, there was an agent and an officer in every stairwell, at the top and the bottom of every stairwell. And they clearly dropped the ball. And if you also looked at the video where the agents standing there just before the man charges, typically there be four or five metal detectors. Why there wasn't, I don't know. But and after you put up those four or five metal detectors across, you take those big boxes that they come in, then you use them as a barrier. They had nothing to stop anybody from charging. They didn't try to stop anybody from charging until he ran past. And we also still don't know what the ballistics are the UD officer that got hit in the vest, who fired that round.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: I did have one person wonder outline out in the Secret Service privately to me. They were wondering if it might be friendly fired. That would be scary. We don't know if this guy fired that shot. We haven't got That's the one question we haven't gotten an answer to. All right, quick break right back, more with Nicole Parker and Gary Byrne on the other side than your calls this Monday or next eight hundred and ninety four one seawn our number if you want to be a part of the program.
Speaker 2: Right, we continue with Nicole Parker.
Speaker 1: And Gary Byrne examining you know yet what is obviously another failure in terms of the lead up.
Speaker 5: I mean, the.
Speaker 2: Agents in the moment are phenomenal, but in terms of the.
Speaker 1: Lead up to now the third assassination attempt against President Trump, that things have to change, and they can't change fast enough.
Speaker 2: Let me give you a comparison.
Speaker 1: It was a couple of trips ago when the Prime Minister of Israel happened to be visiting Donald Trump. I ended up spending two hours with the Prime Minister and I interviewed him and I just spent a lot of time. Now, before you could even get your car into the hotel area parking lot, there had to be eighty agents that you had to go through, and the entire perimeter of the hotel on the outside was covered. The entire thing. It was an exhaustive search. Open your hood, open your trunk, get out of the car. They swept me there, they used they wanted me. I had to go through a mag and then I get inside the hotel and I'm actually met by a representative of the Prime Minister. I go through the same process again, another mag and then I get to the elevator and I'm stopped by agents at this particular elevator that was in the main lobby. Then I get up to a floor, not the floor. I get up to a floor. Then there's all these guys with I would imagine Oozzi's but machine guns, you know, airing at me. And then I have to check in and hand over my phone. And then I am escorted by armed people into a stairwell that is packed with guys with Uzzi's at them up to a suite where the Prime Minister happened to be multiple, multiple multiple layers. That didn't happen here, that didn't happen at Trump International, and it didn't happen in Butler, and then not securing a large enough perimeter. Now, when I met Musharaff years ago in a New York hotel, he was here for the United Nations to interview him. When I when I interviewed General l Ceci of Egypt, the Saint, the amount of security and a number of guns in my face, it's breathtaking, and that's not happening here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what you're discussing is the security they do for certain foreign dignitaries, and the problem is is they're not doing it for our own president. And it comes back to what I've talked about before. They treat their employees like crap. They leave. They have this massive hiring they're showing. They're given bonuses to join the Uniform Division that are worth three times my starting salary in nineteen ninety one, just a bonus to get them to come on to the job. They have destroyed the morale of the Secret Service, and they don't do anything to fix it. Now, I'm not bashing the new director. He got handed a crap sandwich and he's trying to figure out how to eat it. But there's so many things that need to be fixed inside that agency, and one of them is is that they're so over worked. They're exhausted. And every time I say that to somebody who should listen, like a politician or something, they rolled the rives at me because they've never worked a job. Now, Nicole understands this. Twelve fourteen hours a day, the next day, twenty hours a day. The next day is supposed to be off three o'clock in the morning, the phone rangks you're back at work at the end of the day out. You can't work people to death, and they do well.
Speaker 2: And that's another problem.
Speaker 1: And the FBI has the same problem, Nicole, and that is they have a shortage. Just like you know the FAA, they all have you know, one thy fifteen hundred agents down. They will hand it to Adam Schiff Sandwich by the by the Biden administration.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. And I'd like to echo that because again speaking to secret Service agents, their hours are longer than FBI. Okay, working violent crime in the FBI. Yeah, I worked the longest hours of anyone in the FBI because we were pretty much working twenty four to seven because crime never stops in Miami. But the Secret Service agents are expected to be on point zero fail mission around the clock, working these extensively long shifts. Sean, they're spread, then they're tired. It destroys many of their families lives. They don't get to see their children. They're on airplanes, they're going all around the world. They're standing at point you can never ever make a mistake. And so again I agree that they have really destroyed morale writ the Secret Service, based on my understanding, and people are exhausted, and they've just been spread way too thin. And I cannot have this conversation without saying the DEI hires not just at the Secret Service, but at the FBI and all of the law enforcement agencies that have come into these departments starting with Obama era, have been catastrophic. Okay, And I, as a woman, will proudly tell you I was qualified to get my job. But when you put people who are not qualified, you're allowing them to get through programs, get through firearms, get through things, that they are not eligible to even get passed the physical fitness failure rate at the FBI. I hear about this all of the time. They can't even pass what we call the PFT shank. Yeah, a very basic physical fitness test. If you're not hiring the brightest and the best, there's going to be problems. But yet they feel this pressure. We've got to increase the hiring because we are so spread thin.
Speaker 1: Well, I got to tell you, we'll get into this more as time goes on. And I know you're joining us on TV today, but this, this is preventable. And if three instances now don't wake us up, I don't know what will wake us up. Appreciate both of you. Thank you so much for joining us. Noicle Parker and Gary Byrne eight hundred and nine four one show is on number. If you want to be a part of the program, we'll get to your calls coming up here in mere moments. All right, let me play President Trump from Saturday Night, responding to questions. You know, I guess what can be going through your mind when something like this happens now for a third time, Here's what he said in that moment.
Speaker 2: When you realize there was a threat in service agent.
Speaker 6: We're telling us to get down.
Speaker 7: Can you describe what was going through your mind, how you were feeling in that moment.
Speaker 8: It's very good question. Actually, it was always shocking when something like this happens. Happened to me a little bit, and that never changes the fact we're sitting right next to each other. First, Lady, am I right? And I heard a noise and sort of thought it was a trey. I thought it was a tray going down. I've heard that many times, and it was pretty loud noise, and it was from quite far away. He hadn't reached the area at all. They really got him, but so it was quite far away. But it was a gun, and some people really understood that pretty quickly. Other people didn't. I was watching to see what was happening. Probably should have gotten down even faster.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I'm just going to add this too, because Caroline Levitt at our press conference today calling out Democrats by name and the rhetoric they had leading into Saturday's attempt on President Trump's life. Nick sort of put this up on his ex account. Good for a Nick, Let's play that.
Speaker 9: The entire Democrat Party has made their hitch to voters across the country that Donald Trump poses an existential threat to democracy, that he is a fat and that they compare him to Hitler. I mean, these are despicable statements that the American people have been consuming for years, and so many mentally perturbed individuals are led to believe these words are truth and then are inspired to act on it. I have a whole host of examples that we can share with you after it is pages and pages of major Democrat Party elected officials saying such as Reprakeem Jeffrey Is just this April this month said we are in an era of maximum warfare everywhere all the time. Governor Josh Shapiro said heads need to roll within the administration. A Senator Alex Paedia said people are quote dying because of fear and terror caused by the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: Governor J. B.
Speaker 9: Pritzker, never before in my life have I called for mass protest disruptions. These Republicans cannot know a moment of peace. These are Democrat elected officials calling for war against the President of the United States and his supporters. I could go on and on, but again, when you have people in positions of power that are saying things like this every single day for years. You are inspiring violence by people who are already mentally ill. And that's what we've seen against this president for far too long.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to our busy phones. Eight hundred and nine four one, Sewan. If you want to be a part of the program. Uh, let us say hi to John and Oklahoma. John, Hi, how are you glad you called.
Speaker 10: Sean and doing great? Longtime listener watch the show every night, multi time color and I want to thank you for your service to this country.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, my friend. I appreciate it. What's going on?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so I'm very disturbed. Obviously we don't have much talk about from the weekend, but you know, in light of the third attempt on President Trump, you know, the Democrats have been have been stoking this violence to local violence, blood in the streets. And I'm gonna be honest, I'm with lynd on this. I don't think you should have this piker dude on your podcast. There was some right rem extremists that you uh that you know, you might want to interview people will go banana.
Speaker 1: So well, I want to stay on the line and I want you to say hi to Kathleen and Nevada. Kathleen, you're on with John and Oklahoma. You're calling about the same issue, and uh, I've actually thought about it, and I'm going to tell you what I've concluded on the other end of this. Kathleen, you take a different spot on this.
Speaker 7: Well, I am a Democrat and I listened to your show back in the day, decades ago. I was a caller on Rush, you know, back back in those days. Because we need to talk to each other. This is the problem. You are talking to your choir. My people are talking to their choir. We don't talk enough and listen to each other. We need to take down the bitterall And let me tell you stop blaming quote the Democrats. It's on both side. Is on both sides, and we as Americans need to Can.
Speaker 1: I challenge that, Kathleen, Give me an example of Republicans calling Democrats Nazis, gestapo fascist, racist, misogynist, homophobes, xenophobe, islamophobe, Republicans want dirty air and water, Republicans want grandma and grandpa to die. Give me examples of Republicans saying that stuff.
Speaker 7: Okay, So when you say the Republicans, you are treating them as a united front. Your party is fractured, all right.
Speaker 1: Give me the names of people that are saying this stuff. And there are people that identify as conservative that I think are jackasses that say the dumbest stuff I've ever heard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so I'm a private person. I'm not talking about the Politicans here. I'm talking about me when I sit me down at Thanksgiving. And I have my family that both for Trump, and I still love my family because we are Americans.
Speaker 7: First. Okay, this is going down to person to person that it is happening. I have Republican friends that don't want to deal with me because I'm a quote Democrat. I'm not like that, and so I try very very hard. Shot is person to person as we go about our daily lives.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 1: But you just got done telling me that this is both sides. And I'm asking you to give me the examples, and you can't give me one, because I can give you one. What about Nick Fuentes and people consider him to be right. I don't consider that that idiot to be right.
Speaker 7: Nope.
Speaker 1: I mean the guy's just the nut and he's been platformed too much now as it relates to Hassan Piker. You know, America deserved nine to eleven. I'm saying it the harmas attacks and sexual advice. It doesn't matter if rape happened on October seventh, That doesn't change the dynamic for me. AMAS, the terror organization is a thousand times better than the fascist, settler colonial apartheid state.
Speaker 2: You want me to keep going. No, now, listen, so I mean at the end of the day.
Speaker 7: But listen, listen, listen. You have a platform that people listen to you. And I'm telling you as a quote a Democrat, our party has been taken over. My party of the Democrats is not the party that are doing. Why am I still ready to a Democrat? Because I'm doing everything I can in every flipping primary to get a certain faction out. Okay, our party has been taken over by a certain group. Back in the day, you'd probably call me a blue dog Democrat. Back in the day, you would have your side and my side go meet at a bar. You know, the Congressman would go meet at a bar and they'd work out a deal. We are so fractured now because of this literal that yes it is and I'm telling you it's from both sides, but it's now.
Speaker 1: You're telling me it's from both sides. But you can't give me an example. And this is what was so powerful of what Caroline Levitt did today.
Speaker 7: The president, I will tell you, the things that our president has said is not very presidential.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you don't, like, give me an example of him calling Democrats you know, Nazis Gestapo.
Speaker 7: Come on, we can go back.
Speaker 2: I'm asking. I mean, you can't give me one.
Speaker 7: No, I can't, but I don't have it up in front of me. But you know, we can come on. It's both sides. And if you're not willing to admit the truth that it is from both sides, then how.
Speaker 1: Can we Kathleen, I'm disagreeing with the premise.
Speaker 2: John, you can help me out here.
Speaker 1: I'm disagreeing with the premise that the rhetoric matches what the Democrats are doing.
Speaker 2: I disagree with it.
Speaker 1: I think that there is Yeah, of course, there are some idiots that claim to be conservative that I don't even consider to be conservative, And they like to dominate headlines because they like to get clicks, and they like to hit algorithms, and they think that's the way to make money. And the more extreme you are, the greater the conspiracy that you tell, the more attention I guess these people gets. I choose not to do that myself. I mean, Kathleen, you're on this program and we are giving you plenty of time to give your opinion and hear you out, and John will give you the last word.
Speaker 3: One wean.
Speaker 10: I want to thank you for calling in because I take a certain level courage. I don't think I would even call into any main primary Democrats, you know, strategists, but you know, the minute Trump came down the escalator, you know, the TDS syndrome you know started and to Shawn's point, has a NonStop three assassination stempts and two uh pony impeachments, two hundred and forty phony phony indictments. They have to stop. Kathleen, you were you're a Clinton, Bill Clinton Democrat. He crossed the aisle with Newt Gingridge and passed you know, the biggest balanced budget, uh ever since and the balance the budget hasn't been balanced since then. So I want to give you. You are a Democrat, You're a classic Democrat, but you're not what the party is today, you're not the Hassan Piker Democrat Party that there's got to be blood in the streets. And you know, Hakim Jefferies, we got to take take it to people, punch him in the mouth. All that has to stop. And the Republicans have been trying to put the flames out for a long time. Yeah, maybe Trump puts out you know, I mean tweet every now and then, but that's just to get you know, the Democrats fired up. That's not what he's all about. You know when when people chat with him in person, he's very compassionate, very loving. People need to understand that we need to move forward as a country.
Speaker 1: All right, I appreciate you both. Kathleen, thank you, John, thank you. Quick break right back.
Speaker 2: More of your phone calls coming up.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and ninety four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program this Monday.
Speaker 2: As we continue right back to.
Speaker 1: Our busy phones this Monday, staying on the same topic, Dan in Missouri, we'll let you win you in, sir, how are you.
Speaker 5: Hey, Son, I'm doing fine.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Glad you call well.
Speaker 5: I I'm thinking John is right if he's on the show now or if he just got off. I don't know who what I'm speaking about. But when I heard you on Friday about Nick Flentis, I heard that clown talking like he does. And everything you say makes sense, But I think what I would.
Speaker 4: Like to know.
Speaker 5: I mean, you may have a.
Speaker 2: Well I figured out another way to do it, and what I'll do.
Speaker 5: Is good because you're like our hero, and we don't like to see our hero giving a platform to satan.
Speaker 1: You know, there's really nothing to talk to the guy about. But I can take all of the incendiary comments that he's made and I can make people aware of it, and I can make people aware of all the Democrats that seek his support, like Bernie Sanders, AOC and a bunch of squad members, and they want to be associated with this guy. So I can do that and I will do that, and I just think there's a different way to do it. In light of this, there's nothing to argue with them about. And then we have another problem too, And the other problem is most of what we talk about, how do you reconcile secure borders and open borders, how do you reconcile sanctuary cities and states and law and order. How do you reconcile law and order, safety security with defundismantal NOBEI laws.
Speaker 2: There's no middle ground to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't win wars by being polite, and if you want to win those wars like World War two, you have to be uglier than the enemy. And that's why you gotta take the gloves off. Don't tie one hand behind your back. I mean, shut him down, turn them off, block it, boycott, cancel, exposed the evil, and fight as dirty as hard as they are to you. Because they're winning a lot of these wars just off of meanness. And we had the rhinos in there, like Ryan and Lindsey and Mitt and Liz and Susan Collins. You know, they're trying to go along to get along, and it's not working real well. And we're very lucky to have Trump. He is a fighter and he just doesn't care what people say about him.
Speaker 1: There's very few people that wouldn't be shaken up. I can tell you minutes of him getting into the whole room. As I said at the beginning of the show, I had texted him and he called me right back, and I got to hear the deliberations and hear this man arguing with everybody in the room that he wanted to go back out, and then he asked me what I thought, and I gave my very strong opinion. And at this moment, we have no idea. If it's a lone wolf, we don't know. If it's a grand conspiracy, there's no way you can get back in that room. You can't get back to the White House. If you want to speak from there, you can reschedule in thirty days, which is what he did. But I give him credit. A lot of people and want to go put anywhere near that room after what happened. Anyway, I appreciate the call, my friend.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Good Call eight hundred and ninety four one, Shawn if you want to be a part of the program.