Speaker 1: What's that at the spooky I'm really sure it's dead. He's coming this way. Wait a minute, I said, tyros jaens p Hey boo, it's me raz I am joined on the pod today by Jimmy Carazzo, who is a friend of mine. He is the first, to my knowledge, guest on this show that is in their eighties, and I'll tell you a bit about him before we get into it. But before even that, a couple of things that I wanted to tell you. First of all, I was thinking the other day about a real paranormal story that happened to me a number of years ago. And I don't think I have ever shared this, and so there's no time like the present. I mean, there's a couple of reasons why I never shared it. First of all, it involves another person. They told me something back when this happened that was a secret. Now I'm not going to say the person's name or anything, so I don't know. I thought about it, and I'm like, you know, it's my story to tell, it's mine as well. You know, I'll tell my side. How about that? But I'd like to be respectful. I'm always weird about people's stories that involve other people talking about them. I mean, if I didn't care about other people like that, honey, the stories I could tell you. But okay, you'll see what I mean once I tell the story, if I ever get to it. All right, here I go. So this took place over ten years ago. I was doing a theatrical production and in the cast of this show was this guy and he was my age and we hit it off right away. Incredible performer, very funny person. I don't know, we just got along great and early on in our relationship, our friendship. I think because we were working at an old theater that was known to be haunted, I started having vibes like like, I feel like I'm having some just feeling like there's ghosts around here. Just it really like I can definitely believe that this place is haunted. It just seems like, you know, I would say things like that, and I think that's what made him feel comfortable with me, to tell me that he has an ability where he can touch things and he can see stuff based on touching it. It's kind of that's so Raven style. I think. I think that's what that show was. I don't know. I didn't watch it. I believe from my studies that it's an ability called psycho psychometry psychometry.
Speaker 2: Why do I feel.
Speaker 1: Like I can't say that word right. Psychometry, Yeah, psychomotry psychometry when you can touch things and then you like can say things about you like. So he basically he was telling me he would go into like a trance on some objects that he would touch. It wasn't everything, because I remember that was probably one of my questions, because I remember thinking like that would be exhausting if everything you touched you just kind of got the history of or whatever. He told me it was. It was only when there were things that he needed to know. But I don't know, maybe maybe there's more to it. We'll get we'll get there. So I just thought like, oh, that's cool. I had never met anybody with any ability like that. I just I thought it was interesting. And and he when he told me this, he did he didn't want anyone else to know about it, and so I was like, yeah, no problem, I won't tell anyone, like, no big deal. And that's what this is kind of why I was. I'm like weird about sharing it, but like whatever, God get over at ross. So so I was like, yeah, I won't tell anyone, don't worry. And he was also very religious, and I don't know if that had something to do with why he didn't want anyone to know. I don't know, so I kind of just filed it away. I thought about it, but like whatever, I'll believe it when I see it. So I remember during the weeks that we were spending together, he would tell me, oh, like this set piece was used in this production and that production. I touched it and I could see the productions. I can see like glimpses of it, and I was just kind of like, yeah, okay, great, jure, okay. I mean you could also maybe see that there's photos in the theater from when they did that production here, you know whatever, but like great, okay, great. Or he would tell me, oh, this part of the theater used to be this or that, and just that kind of stuff. So anyway, this one night, I was having a brief romance with somebody else that was in the production of this show, and the two of us the night before hung out in the back seat of my car and we didn't we wasn't like we were getting freaky deeky. Don't get any ideas. We were just hanging out. You know, when you do these things and you're young, sometimes it's it's it's fun to get involved in gossip, and you know, the two of us were just kind of sitting in the back seat gossiping and whatever. Then that night ended. So the next day, I pick up this person with the psychic abilities. I pick him up and take him to rehearsal and he sat in the back seat. Which now the thing about I don't know, maybe I had something in the front seat. I don't know. It's very uber style, like he was just like back there and we're we're talking on our way to rehearsal.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: He kind of we kind of had a moment of silence, like you know, as it naturally happens when you're hanging out with someone, and then he all of a sudden starts doing dialogue from the night before when I was in the back seat with this person talking shit. This person with psychic abilities starts being me, and then he's them, and then he's me, and then he's them, and he's saying exactly the things that we were saying the night before, and that freaked me out. It like took it to a whole another level, and that's pretty much the extent of what he showed me. But that was really close to the end of the show run, and I was kind of it's a little bit freaked out. There was a part of me that felt like it was a little bit of an invasion of my privacy. I really believed once I saw it firsthand, and we had this nice friendship, and I pulled back and we stopped being friends and we didn't pursue to a friendship after that show closed. And I feel bad because I was emotionally immature. I was young, and he was young too, and maybe I'm sure he's matured when it comes to his abilities and the way he presents it to people. And it makes me think now, like, oh, maybe he doesn't like to tell people about this because it freaks people out, because it definitely freaked me out, and so I feel a little bit bad about that. But I don't know. It's just a story. I was thinking about. It just randomly hit me the other day and I was like, wait, I've never I don't think i've ever. I think I've alluded to this story, but I've never really told it on the podcast. So there you have. It a paranormal story and definitely something that leads to my belief that there are people with real gifts of the paranormal variety. Have you heard the latest news about in the cryptid world? Do you hear about this mummified mermaid that has a human face that was found and people think it might be a real mermaid. There's a picture of it online and there's lots of articles of it and she's looking rough. It is believed to be a three hundred year old mummified mermaid that was allegedly caught in the Pacific Ocean off the Japanese island of Shikoku. It's currently being studied at a university in Japan. They're doing all kinds of DNA testing and stuff. There is a folkloric belief that these mermaids that once existed, if you eat the mermaid flesh, then you will live forever. And there's a Japanese legend that a woman accidentally ate the flash of a mermaid and she lived for eight hundred years. Absolutely not oh to live for eight hundred years? Are you kidding? Do you know hot? It's going to be an eight hundred years? There was apparently a letter from nineteen oh three that was also found with the mermaid, saying that it was caught in a fishing net by a bunch of fishermen. I mean, if you look at these pictures, this, this is no aerial from the little Mermaid. I mean, I guess it's mummified, so I'll give it a break. But I mean it looks kind of pretty tiny too. But it kind of makes me think of there's a famous pt Barnum side show hoax for years that in the early circus days when they would do side shows, they would have on display these they're called Fiji mermaids, and it was usually like half monkey, half fish that would be sewn together, and they would say that it was a mummies or a mermaid. So it's possible it might be one of those. Maybe, I don't know. We'll find out soon enough, but I would love to believe that mermaids are real.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 1: Anybody you want to eat some three hundred year old mummified mermaid skin, you live forever. It's tempting, but no, I'm good. All right, let's get to today's show. I am joined today by a friend of mine named Jimmy Carazzo. Now he is in his eighties and he is starring in his first ever movie and it is about to come out, and I am so happy for him. He's a delight. You're gonna in love with him, he said, the most interesting life ever. I mean, I wish I could talk to him about all of his amazing stories. But today we are sticking to the ghosts because that's what we do around here.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 1: He does tell me on my second tier Patreon a couple of stories that are off topic that are hilarious that you could find there, and we get into like reincarnation and possession. That's all on Patreon. Oh, also on there is a full episode this week of me talking about haunted theaters. Oh that's probably why I was thinking of that story. Anyway, Jimmy is gott he said, the most fascinating life. He One of the stories he tells that I put on Patreon this week is from the year nineteen forty six. He was in the original La cast of the Broadway musical Hair. In the sixties. He was a part of a comedy duo in the seventies that played at the Comedy Store with people like Robin Wood Williams and the biggest names and the biz, and it was him and his partner, and he'll talk about that a bit today. He's just had an incredible career and now he starts in the new film Moon Manner, which is a movie that I have talked about for literally years at this point, and I happen to be in it just a little bit and some other people that have been on this podcast. We shot the movie in twenty eighteen, so to say the least, I look a little bit different, but nonetheless I'm proud to have been a part of it. I have seen the film and I highly recommend it, and you're going to fall in love with him. Here he is Jimmy Carrazzo and with the show. I am so honored to welcome to the show today a dear friend of mine, Jimmy Carazzo.
Speaker 3: How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm so good. I'm so happy that you're here and you brought me a flower.
Speaker 3: This has been a dream of mine to do this podcast, even when before you were doing the Ghosted, when you were doing.
Speaker 1: A Pusat Oh, I had a different podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeh. I was so waiting to do it. I wanted to do it. So this is really great for me, thank you for having me?
Speaker 1: Of course, are you kidding me? You and I we met a number of years ago, now when you turned eighty, that's right, and you're now eighty four, right, and you starred in an entire movie. And I mean, you're the star of this movie and it's gotten great reviews and now everyone can finally see it, and I can't wait me either. Can you tell people what the movie is about?
Speaker 3: What it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean sometimes when I tell people what it's about, right, it almost sounds like it's sad if you don't you know, if you don't know the vibe of the of the movie.
Speaker 3: Right, And that's the whole that's the whole secret of its success. I think the fact that it is a serious subject and yet it's treated with such humor and even to that furthest extreme of humor that some people might go, oh my god. But then they stick with it and it gets more and more touching as it goes on and has a very strong method message.
Speaker 2: The character of.
Speaker 3: Jimmy is an eighty year old or an eighty four, whatever how old he is, but he has Alzheimer's and he wants to end his own life with dignity, but before he does it, he wants to have everybody come to his house and have a funnelal because that way you can hear all the things people say about you after you die while.
Speaker 2: You're still alive. Right.
Speaker 3: And the crazy friends that he has is what makes it such an entertaining movie. Because the man has traveled many places over his lifetime, gathered many friends of various nationality. It's a very diverse film. Is every nationality imaginable in the movie? Well, maybe not every that would be eight hundred and seventy seven, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's all kinds of colorful characters in all different ways.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Throughout the movie. Because I should also for our listeners of this podcast, shout out that two of the stars of the movie have been on this show. My first ever guest is Deborah Wilson, who Deborah Wilson, And the other person that has been on is lou Louke.
Speaker 3: Oh she got the two most talented people. They must have been great on the show.
Speaker 1: They were, and they had some great stories too. And I wanted your.
Speaker 2: Yours, Ebra, Yes, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what kind of ghost stories do you got for us? Jimmy, I reached out to you and asked you what you had, and you gave me a whole list. So where should we start.
Speaker 3: The most recent thing is when I moved in. I've been living on in North Hollywood for twenty nine years and I moved recently to Koreatown. The first night I was in the new apartment, I put on my hearing aid and as I'm starting to think my hearing aid picks up ghosts because I didn't hear anything, I put on my hearing aid and within ten minutes I'm hearing Jim Jim and Marcus is over at the table doing origami. My husband, Yeah, and he's in there. He's there doing origami. He's a wonderful origami artist. And then he paints the orogami as well, so he had origami two point oh it's great. But anyway, he's doing his origami and I hear Jim Jim, and I say, what Marcus? What he said?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: I said, did you just call me? He said no, I didn't say anything, so I just heard my name clear as a bell. This happened and still happens. I put my hearing aid on and in the middle of a conversation. You know, I'll hear Jim. I don't know what that is right in your ear, right right in my ear? Yeah? Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's like ghosts have a have a I mean a lot of people have a theory that ghosts can connect through electronics and you know, all.
Speaker 3: Kinds of whatever their motive of communication is, they can probably enter into anything. But I'd like to know what it really is, you know. And then on the first day, it only happened. The first day, I kept getting poked. I said, what the hell is that? I felt myself in my gut, like right in my stomach or finger poking me. And this happened the whole day. The next day it didn't happen. It was gone. So it was some kind of a welcoming committee that was just letting me know that they're there and you're better behave yourself, you know. But I still hear the name Jim when I put on my hearing age, I might hear it what we hear today. Wow, Hey, is that so?
Speaker 1: But do you have any theory about when you're not in the house, because it did it start? It sounds like it started right when you moved into this place.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly. The hearing anything happens anywhere in the car at ralse when I'm shopping whatever. You know, I hear it, but it's so clear, Jim, Jim. And now now I hear it and I don't react because I'm f And then sometimes I don't react and it's Marcus and he's saying, Jim, will you please answer me. It's like I didn't know if it was you or the go sorry right exactly.
Speaker 1: Wow, the haunting hearing aid.
Speaker 3: But these things have happened throughout my life, back in when when my beloved Rick died. Rick is who is in the movie, because you said the movie is really many things from my life with footage of my late partner, and I granted and Corrazzo and.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean we should shout that out. The two of you guys had a comedy duo which I actually I've seen the Norm Crosby show that you guys were from with the seventies. I guess probably it's on Amazon right now if people want to watch it.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called Norm Crosby's The Comedy Shop and it's season two, episode twenty one, and the two of you guys are doing your act. Yeah, I did my research. You guys are so good. So the two of you were real life partners and comedy partners.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for eighteen years. And then he passed away in nineteen eighty six of ades, which destroyed my life for a long time because when he was sick, we spent all the money we had. It was everybody who was there knows what it was like. I went to twelve funerals in a year. Amazing, you know, and they were all close friends, most of them performers. But Rick and I have always been involved for at least for five years before he passed away, we had been working out of the Tibetan Book of the Dead because of Ramdas. Ra is such a wonderful for your listeners who don't know. Anybody who listens to you probably knows who Ramdas was. But he was a great He was a great guru. He was a Jewish kid from Massachusetts. His father was a banker. He was a philosophy. He was a psychology professor at Harvard University with Timothy Leary and Ralph Metzger, and the three of them did LSD experiences back in the day and they were to They did a double blind experiment with LSD with divinity students. They were ten divinity students on the placebo, ten divinity students on acid, and they were in an anti room outside of a high Anglican service listening to the service. All of the people on acid had religious experiences what could be described as religious experiences. Two people had religious experiences with the placebo. So it was a very and then the powers that be the suit said no more acid. It's a bad thing. They condemned it and they stopped using it. They're still trying to get it back into use. So with the Defendant Book of the Dead, it's it's the idea, without going into a long dissertation, the idea is that after you pass from this part of life and you go into the next part, there were three segments before you're reborn. They are called Bardo's. The Defendant Book of the Dead guided all lives for probably fifteen years of our life together. When he passed away, he had internalized the teaching. The idea of the book is that you learn the teaching in life, and then after you pass away, you find liberation through hearing. The entity comes back and the person who's on land and still alive. In this case me reads from the book for forty nine days. In the morning and night when he died, I cleaned his room, our room. I scrubbed the walls, I took all the furniture out. I put a table and chair, a bell, book and candle, the Tibetan Book of the Dead, and a candle. Lit the candle. Six o'clock in the morning, I would summon his spirit by ringing the bell and reading. I'd read that passage. Then at six o'clock at night, I would go to the next passage. Now you're entering the part of the border where you're going to have hallucinations. Remember not to be attracted or repelled by what you see. Just be down the middle and go through all of that without reacting. And I would give these instructions to him. This was done for forty nine days. Now at the last in the last week, we went the whole family went to Santa Barbara. So I took the bell, book and candle and went to Santa Barbara to his brother's place who had a landscaping business, and he had a greenhouse, and I set it all up in the greenhouse, and at six in the morning, I'd go to the greenhouse and I would do it. And at six at night I'd go to the greenhouse and do it. The family allowed it. They didn't know quite what it was about, but they said, okay, let's do it. And at one point I was late. It was about fifteen minutes late, and I'm walking into the greenhouse and I hear the bell and I look at when had happened. It had popped off the table onto the floor, and I heard the meaning like I was late, and it was telling me to get in here. And then on the last night before going back to La, I'm in the middle of doing it again and reading and a gentleman that I didn't know comes to the greenhouse and says, are you Rick? And I said what he said, are you Rick? I'm looking for Rick. Somebody said Ricky was in here and I said, no, he's not here. And I didn't follow up on it, but it was such a it pushed me back.
Speaker 2: And that man.
Speaker 1: Do you think that man was? I didn't know who he goes you're a living person.
Speaker 3: He was probably it was probably one of the you know, he was a person. He was. I think he was probably one of the men who worked for his brother in the landscaping business. I would think, but I didn't know who he was. I didn't go back and mention it because I didn't want to talk about things like that back then to the family because they were conservative, not Conservadi. They were very reformed Jewish people and they were wonderful. They're my family. After he passed away, I was with that family for nineteen years to him, going to pass Over feasts and so on. I'm in than American, but I studied. I sing cantorial. I learned cantorial singing, so I would sing at the passover. And after he passed away, which is now thirty five years ago, I still go to pass over every year at that family. I've been with the Granede family longer than Rick was.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they treat me like their son and like their brother.
Speaker 1: Wow yeah. You were telling me an email that you were having moments of feeling his presence.
Speaker 3: Oh God, twice it happened, and a lot of people talk about this particular phenomena. I was sleeping and I was, I guess dreaming, and I woke up in the middle of the night. Now normally I wake up because I got a pee. You know, this time I woke up and my whole body was tangling and glowing, and I didn't see anything but the room. And I wasn't high, I didn't have I didn't smoke or anything like that. The whole room was glowing. My whole body was glowing, and I just knew it was him, you know, everything about it was Rick. And that happened twice in my life really. And then years ago, about fifty years ago, Professor Harold Brooks. He was an entertainer, but he was also a ghostbuster, and there was a talk about a house in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, that that had poltegeists. So we he took us. He took me to the This was before I met Rick. He took me. I was with a show called four for Tonight four four Tonight, one two three four four tonight comedy in War for Tonight.
Speaker 1: It was a sight shower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a four person review. Okay, you know, yeah, we played all the clubs on the East.
Speaker 1: Coast, and this is one in sixties.
Speaker 3: This was yeah, in the sixties. Yeah, And so anyway, he's he took us to the to the house in Fort Lauderdale. Nothing was jumping off the walls. But while we were there, a wind blew the shed and the door off the shed in the backyard, and Harold said, well, I came here to debunk that. That was his idea, or to find a ghost and do something about it. I don't know how he did what he did about it, but he said, I don't know if I don't know if there was any ghosts in the house. Nothing showed itself, but there was no wind all day there, and suddenly a wind came up to such an extent that and blew the door off the shed. Said so I keep an open mind that this was probably the work of Postcadis. There was also a teenage girl living in the house, and often it's said about postageys that kids going through puberty have such a disruption in their vibe that they loose these powers that are able to what is it called when you move objects?
Speaker 1: I forget the word, like telekinesis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell, yeah, telekinesis. It was like it was like carry without the big blood.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's like a huge theory with with Poultergeist is that there's usually a typically girl is what I usually hear, a teenage girl that is kind of the root of the Poulter guys. And it was I think it's like a hormonal change or something, and people think that it's essentially yeah, telekinesas.
Speaker 2: And and they're sensitive to the.
Speaker 1: People in the house. Don't realize that maybe it's her that's that's making things happen. This is what people think. I mean, with years of studying this.
Speaker 3: The Granite family themselves, there's a member I mean mentioned any names, but there's a member of the Graned family, a husband and wife and a child, and they have, I understand, planning to move because the house therein is so filled with noises and creaks and voices and so on. Really, they believe that it's haunted for sure, and their their move. Their their plan is to move to another house. I don't want to say any specific things of their stories because I don't want to employe their cover for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: You know, tell me more, Tell me more.
Speaker 3: Marcus husband, Yeah, Marcus was His name is Gaiama Lopez. And everybody calls the market, Oh, his story is a movie in itself. We won't go there, but oh my god, what a life, he said, his life and how he came to this country. What happened is after he lived with me for a while, we had a dear friend and it might have been the birthday party where we were raising money for Mike casingher who has had als and he he's since passed away. We were his caregivers, a wonderful human being, a landscaper, and he when he was when we moved in to take care of him in his home in Sunland. And one day Marcus was up in his office, in Mike's office, and he saw a shadowy figure and it moved throughout the room, he said, and then disappeared. And about ten days later Mike was diagnosed with ALS and he yeah, so he has a story too. I don't know the whole details, but yeah, it's out there. I mean, if people pay attention, and then you don't want to misinterpret. You don't want to just say that's a ghost. But you want to.
Speaker 1: Why it's fun?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but but but you want to you want to look at it anyway. I do. I like to look at it pragmatically. I'm convinced that these are not of this.
Speaker 2: Bordow.
Speaker 3: These are bordoes Also there are bordos after you die and borders while you're alive, and the six altogether.
Speaker 2: Jimmy ras, do.
Speaker 1: You want to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And not the one that keeps talking to you.
Speaker 3: Name.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's time for EV or ev please. Do you know what an EVP is? No, it stands for electronic voice phenomena. It's when ghost hunters believe that they've captured a ghost speaking. Usually it could be any kind of recording device. It could be someone is filming with a camera and so they hear a voice, or they're purposefully recording.
Speaker 3: And they putting in a hearing aid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean the whole the whole thing is that it's being recorded and and people put it on YouTube, and then I spend hours on YouTube tube listening to these, and then when I find a good one, I bring it on in here and I'll play a couple for you, and I want you to tell me what you hear the ghost saying, and then I'm going to give you some options of what the person that captured this EVP believes it is actually saying. Okay, all right, so this first one, this is from somebody on YouTube named John Bullard, and it is at a place called the McRaven Home, which is in Vicksburg, Mississippi. And this is actually a place that offers ghost tours. It was first built in seventeen ninety seven, and it's been built a few times since then. But it has this long history and all kinds of ghosts, and it seems to be the kind of place that really embraces the fact that it's haunted, and they welcome people in to do a little bit of ghosts, to wors in ghost hunting. So, okay, what is this ghost saying? Jimmy, did you hear it? There is like background noise, but it seems to be a female voice, and she sang kind of like a short sentence. So let's try it again. Could you hear it?
Speaker 3: I heard, I heard the voice. I couldn't hear words, but I'm so it's hard.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's try again.
Speaker 3: This is the second time.
Speaker 1: That's what it sounds like to you.
Speaker 3: It sounded like to me.
Speaker 1: This is the second time. Hey, it could be. Here's the thing. Nobody really knows, but that's a good guess. Let me give you some options. One of these is what they believe it says, A, that's a funny old clock.
Speaker 4: That's a funny old clock. B that's a flirty way to talk, see, mess around and find out, or d dance a funky little dance.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, let's play it again. It's one of those.
Speaker 3: Not sound like this is a funky ghost.
Speaker 1: There is like a a sound to me, honestly, it sounds like something incredibly vulgar that I will not repeat in front of such a refined gentleman as yourself.
Speaker 3: They hear that a lot. I wonder why they like to be obscene when they talk ghosts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't, I mean I would. Let's be honest, why not, let's have fun with it. They believe that this ghost is saying that's a funny old clock. It kind of sounds like that. It also kind of sounds like what I think it sounds like, which, use your imagination. It rhymes with that. All right, here we go. That's a funny old clock. You heard it? Yeah, it sounds like it. Okay, This next one, it's a little bit. It's shorter. It's a quick like little bloop. This is from somebody on YouTube named Jay forty two day, and it's at a cemetery in northern New Jersey. Now with this one, there is there. They shot this outside at a cemetery, and so there's what I believe to be birds chirping in the background. But there's a voice that speaks over the birds chirping. So let's try to hear that that's a bird. Well, yeah, there is a bird. And then there's somebody goingbtt yeah, yeah, what are they saying?
Speaker 2: Stop that?
Speaker 1: Hey, that's a good guess, that makes sense. Stop that, stop recording me. It's like the paparazzi style, like, let me be that's what I hear. Okay, is it a Picasso, B disgusting c mi casa or D stop that?
Speaker 3: Oh? I mean wellsa and the first one the third one sound.
Speaker 1: Alike Picasso and mi cassa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they believe that.
Speaker 1: It says mi casa my house in Spanish. Now that we know that, let's hear makassa.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe maybe it's very vague, but I like.
Speaker 1: Stop that. Okay, Jimmy, let's do one more thing. I'm just gonna list off a bunch of paranormal things, and I want you to tell me if you believe in them. If you have a story, if you have a theory, just anything that pops up, anything that comes up in mind. Okay, this is gonna be an interesting question for you. What about past lives? Oh god, yeah, yeah, it seems like you believe in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely believe in that. I can't see and future lives. I mean, I think the whole concept of reincarnation makes so much sense to me. That you keep you never come back worse. You wouldn't come back as a flea on a pig's ass or anything like that. You know, you'd come back as better than you were before in some way. Not the same person, not the same personality, but all of the accumulated experiences of your life carry over into and when you're selecting a womb. The third bart of of the dependent Book of the Dead is where you seek a womb that is suitable for your new life, if you remain conscious. If not, it's done without your knowledge. You fall into a soul slumber they call it, and you're reborn without knowledge or memory of your past life.
Speaker 2: That's most of us.
Speaker 3: And then there are some people who are sensitive and they remember that past, and each time they select a womb they're waiting for a particular husband and wife or a couple who's having a baby in a certain city with a certain propensity. For say, in my case, I would want to come back because I have unfinished business as an artist. I lived my whole life. Finally they made a movie about my life, and then I die, and I want to work more now that they know who I am. So I have that great desire to come back and continue in some way until my soul is finally satisfied that it's not going to bring me eternal happiness. That you have to get to that point where you put down your personality, put down your identity, and become like the point of a pencil hitting a paper, and that point where it meets is where your mind goes, and finally you think of nothing and you become the sugar instead of tasting the sugar. Then you stay in that state for a while and you can select the womb come back into a new life. I definitely believe in past lives, but mostly I look forward to future life because that's the fulfillment of all the past desires that didn't quite satisfy us. And every human being on the earth has to go through multiple lifetimes until they finally realize that they don't have any more curiosity, and then they jump off the wheel and they go to that spot of nirvana and they are part of God's energy.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: That sounds good to me. When I think of things like that, it really takes away fear of dying exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I can't say I'm afraid to die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Want to have something to say about it. I have advanced directives now and so on, you know, so that I'm not held there on life support systems. You know, in my own advanced directive, I said, you can put me on life support for no longer than three days. I won't know what's happening. I'm on morphine. Fine, I'll lay there. That gives three days for loved ones to come and say goodbye, then unhook me. And that's what Kaiser promised to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, so and then on to the next one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm I can't say I'm looking forward to it because I'm having so much fun, right, you know, But I have faith that it's the way to go.
Speaker 1: What do you think about haunted dolls?
Speaker 3: Hunted dolls?
Speaker 1: I haven't heard of that really a doll being haunted.
Speaker 3: I remember that doll biting the girl's ankles in that movie if forget Karen Black's ankles.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, about Trilogy of Terrorism. Yes, I mean that's also kind of like the idea of a cursed object. I mean, Juckie, Yes, I guess what I'm asking is, do you think that an inanimate object could have a spirit in it?
Speaker 3: It could certainly have a vibration that could be interpreted. Is that you know? I don't know, but I believe anything can be can be embodied with the spirit if the if the spirit behind it has that energy to spair, you know, if they're so first of all, if they're ghost and they haven't jumped off the wheel, they're kind of stuck here, I believe, and they that's why they're so active all the time. They're looking for a way to the next level. You know. So maybe they because of that, they get this excited and kind of twisted object. Maybe they'll go into an animal or a doll. Now that's another thing. Animals who This beautiful movie The Dog's Journey, Oh oh, because there's several of them, different versions, so beautiful because it shows the dog, the same spirit of the dog going from body to body and winding up back with his original owners after four lifetimes. You know, it's all quite beautiful to me. It makes me heartwarm.
Speaker 1: What about do you know about astral projection?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you believe in that?
Speaker 2: Or I do?
Speaker 3: When I was in I was in the original Los Angeles Company of Hair at the Aquarius Theater. It's all covered up with buildings. You can't even see it, but in that show we were always singing about astral projection.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, So have you ever had an experience astral projecting on acid? You know what? I think that drug, psychedelics. I think that there is something to those experiences that it's a key.
Speaker 3: It's a chemical key that opens the mind, that the filter that we have. If everything came into us normally, we would be crazy. We wouldn't know how to put the lights John, There'd be so much a cacophony of sounds and all kinds of images of running and rushing through your mind. So so what would happen is it's natural that if the chemical key will open your brain, now all this information is coming in. I always advise people don't take acid and go out into the world to a party with a bunch of people that you got to deal with. You don't want that. You want to go into your mind, into your inner life. If you do that, you can project outward and you can. I remember once on acid, I was sure I was floating on a cloud and it just felt like it there was mist around me. I could I was looking down and I saw people under me. And this was all because of the chemical that opened my brain and all these images came in. It allowed me the freedom to travel in that world.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have a theory that now I think it could be different for different substances. But you know how like when people are drunk, they say you act like a like you kind of act like a toddler, Like you might pee yourself, you might fall, you might you know, just certain things like a toddler.
Speaker 3: For example, I was playing with my toes. Yes, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: But like it's it's kind of the same thing where they say that kids can see spirits and and stuff.
Speaker 2: Like that, And I think a lot of I think.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I think a lot of times just because you're not you're taking a break from worrying about the human things that we're always worrying about as adults. You know, how do I look? Should I do this? I have this to do, I have got, you know, so many things on your brain and you're cutting that off. And so is that putting you back in tune with the fact that there are spirits around you? There are there's more out in the universe than what you typically see. I don't know. I think it's possible, but certain substances.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never done it without the assistance of the mind opening drug. But I haven't done that. And so I did mushrooms about six months ago. But that was nice. Yeah, but I want to be like Alda Sucky. You want to take acid on my deathbed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I think I would too. I'm sober, but I'm like, you know what, if I was on my deathbed, I'd say, let's do it. Give me everything.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Jimmy, that's it wonderful. I had such a good time.
Speaker 1: Me too. So one more time, let's tell everybody where to see the movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, March eleventh, it becomes available everywhere. Yeah, it's going to be Apple TV and iTunes, Amazon Exfinity on demand, Google Play, and cable Spectrum, Cox, Cable Voodoo. Nobody has any any reason to believe they can't see this movie, and they really need to see it because it'll enlighten you. It'll delighten you, and it'll What else can I say that would be that kind of.
Speaker 2: It? Will?
Speaker 1: I'm fighting you.
Speaker 2: If you don't see it, I've frightened you.
Speaker 1: It might frighten you when you see me on screen. It might frighten you.
Speaker 3: Alliterations. I love it.
Speaker 1: I know it was such a fun time making that movie with you. Thank you so much to Jimmy. What a gift. I love him so much. If you want to hear a little bit more from Jimmy, check out Patreon dot com, slash ros, dress, Flasa, my second tier. He's got some stories, baby, and you can find me talking about haunted theaters on there while you're at it on my new full length podcast. And if you want to see more Jimmy, go see Moon Manner all those places he told you. Please subscribe to the show rate at five stars on Apple Podcast. If you have a ghost story, you could leave it in a five star review or email me at ghosted by raz at gmail dot com. Oh my god, I shall also tell you we have a favorite guest returning next week, John E. L Tenny. Oh, if you haven't heard the last time he was on, he was on early last year and he is a brilliant thinker when it comes to the paranormal and so much more, and we'll be getting into it next week. You can find me for some not so spooky content on Instagram and TikTok and Twitter. You know where did find me? I'm around. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came back a podcast now Wick