Speaker 1: Hey, wind Down listeners.
Speaker 2: So this episode with Molly Sims was tape before the fires, and we have seen the devastation the fires have caused Molly's community, and we are praying for Molly and her family, her community and everyone that has been affected by the fires in LA. And again, thank you to the first responders and to everyone who has helped pick up the pieces during this difficult time. Here's the episode for this.
Speaker 1: Week, wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: You know what's really cool about doing this podcast is that we get to talk to I mean, obviously we have some amazing guests, but it's always really fun when you see a rundown that's like Matthew McConaughey, or like Jada Pinkett or Molly Sim that this one was good. Like she's a model, Yeah, she's a mom. She's got a new podcast that's out called Lipstick on the Rim. And sometimes all they want to come on wind out yeah, or I get you. I get super with the US, right, I get I get super like kind of giddy and excited, and then I'm like, put for real, I don't know it's just going to show up.
Speaker 3: Are you going to do it?
Speaker 2: I know, but it's just it's really it's you know, she's she's just great. She's an actress, she's all the things, she's a mom. She's killing it. So I'm excited to get her on and she's actually like this is also cool. She's here on time right, ready to come on. Like if I was Molly's times, I'd be like, I'm gonna be ten minutes late.
Speaker 3: But you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't at all.
Speaker 3: That's not true.
Speaker 4: And that's and I've just got to stop there because there are plenty of Matthew McConaughey was on time.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry if you're you know, you can be on time.
Speaker 2: Too, exactly, And I'm we are always on time. It's one of the things that I will never Yeah, like hating late, which is something I had to have a conversation with Alan about because he's always late. Oh is he? I know?
Speaker 3: He's slow always?
Speaker 2: Yes, slow and late. Ah. And it happened one night on a date night where we had to you know, traffic with Nashville too, so it was one of those things where we had to leave by a certain time. Yeah, and we ended up I'm like, Okay, I don't want to get upset at him because I don't want to ruin date night, but I also need him to know that this now feels like a little disrespectful too to always be late. And so he had to like change his out fit ten times. And I'm just like, you know, so she's like, you know, like this Jack, that was like fine. So I was like, hey, I just this is what's coming up for me right now, Like can you just it's important to me when you're on time, like it feels like you respect what we're doing, like you know. And then it was awful. The Uber driver we just got we extended our driveway a little bit, and so Alan was really proud of like this new grass that he like put in on the side. Well, the Uber driver decided to to do like a hole. He turned wow, completely messed up the grass. And so then Alan's like, man, you messed up, you know, like say something or sorry or something. And in the Uber's driver was like, I don't want to drive you guys anymore. So we left, which made us then like, I mean we missed our reservation. It was like the whole thing, wait what yeah, because and I was just like, sir, all you had to just say was acknowledged that you messed up the ground like you. I mean, he it wasn't just like a little like he completely like messed it up.
Speaker 3: And Alan's like I need the sorry.
Speaker 2: Well no, he was just like, sir, like why did you do that? You know? And he's like ahead, and he's like, you didn't have to do that. Like everyone just goes up and then down. I didn't. You didn't have to go all around. So they kind of had like you know.
Speaker 3: And he left you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like I'm not going to drive you guys anymore. And I'm like, sir, I think he was just wanting just for you to acknowledge what happened, right, you know, and he left. Oh and you know, it's not like you can't get ubers no, like did you even go We ended up driving, But you know, it's just one of those things where it was just like anyways.
Speaker 3: It was fine, but you know, yeah, that's that sucks.
Speaker 2: Anyways, how did we get on? She's waiting this entire time? Okay, let's go. No, she really wasn't. It was just her people in the waiting room. Now she's here, so let's take a break and let's get her on. Can we just hop right into it? Because I have also have we both have nine year old daughters. She's got three, I've got three. You've got three, right.
Speaker 1: I have three?
Speaker 2: What are the ages again?
Speaker 1: So Gray is seven, he's in second grade.
Speaker 5: He's my little like just chunky, just you want to squeeze him. And then Scarlett she's nine, she's in fourth grade. And then Brooks is sixth grade, just got a perm and he's just you know, your firstborn, lovable.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I have a My daughter is going to be nine in January. My son is six. And then I have a son who's thirteen months I know, And so you know, I had the baby at forty and I've been talking and she's also got three years year old.
Speaker 4: You mind are a little older. I have fifteen, almost thirteen, and almost nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so but I'll say I'll the nine year old girl though, because you know, she's my oldest. And I'm like, hmm, it's the sass is already coming in.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's called the tude, the attitude.
Speaker 2: I just feel sometimes I'm like I don't understand what the like, I'm like, what am I doing wrong, you know, And I'm like, we're just not We're not like seeing eye to eye. I'm like, is this does it get worse? Because I'm like, she's just going to be turning nine.
Speaker 1: So you know, I got the opportunity. You guys should have her on.
Speaker 5: Her name is Eliza Pressman, and she has an incredible podcast called Raising Good Humans, and she has a book that came out this past year called The Five Principles of Parenting. And we were speaking yesterday. I work with her and her partner braun Win. We were speaking yesterday that a lot of parenting is listening. Is just listening. It's not all of it, but it's she breaks it down really well, it's like responding, reflecting, repair.
Speaker 1: Rules.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I can't think of what it was, but it was so interesting because she said a lot of it gets difficult, and a lot of it your job is to just listen and don't react. Right, So, because they're not necessarily coming to you and giving you the tude for you to react, they just it's almost like you're a sounding board but you're not allowed to speak.
Speaker 3: That is so hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think the hardest thing too, is my daughter. She wants to talk the most, like when I'm talking her into bed, which I always think is like a delay tactic, and I want to sit there and but I'm like, I'm exhausted by the end of the night, you know, like chasing around, you know, the one year old and just like in them work, I'm like, yeah, and it's like, and I know that I need to change that. I need to just sit there and let her tell me all the stories because one day she's not going to want to tell me all the stories, you know. But it's just it's I feel like that's the piece of mother like that I need to do better at because I'm just I'm exhausted. Then I'm like and then I feel like she's just doing it to stall to not go to bed, you know.
Speaker 1: Probably I'm like.
Speaker 4: There's a good chance that that could be what what she's doing. But it's hard to just listen and not want to, especially like that middle school girl age, Like how do you just listen to all the drama and not like tell them how to fix it or what to do? Like that part is very hard, but I am learning it goes a long way if you just listen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we spoke about that yesterday. She was just like, you know a lot of it. You know, sometimes the moms will get involved, but the the lesson here is to try to let them navigate it, figure it out, because you're not going to get invited to every part.
Speaker 1: You're not going to get you know, you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Get dumped, like all the lessons that are so hard that you have to let them.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Again, I'm only in sixth grade, so I'm like dying at this advice.
Speaker 1: But it was really.
Speaker 2: I was like, where do you where do you think you excel as a mom? And then where do you think You're? Like, I feel like I need to I need to do better at that.
Speaker 5: You know, they know that I love them, They know I we mom fucking hard, like my mom, my husband, mom, my husband. Dad's like, you know, uh, we're pretty good with structure.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I got a compliment from one of my heads of school this morning. You know, I my worst fear is, you know, having kids and raising them in LA is for them to be douchey and disrespectful. And we definitely hold the line with Boudes. I try to be an extension of the school and they try to be an extension right back.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 5: Being grateful, being respective, I think we've kind of started to nail that into them since birth, hammered in just like as much as you can. I think we excel in that way that they're very lucky that they are, you know, wonderful children. But at the same time, there are boundaries, there is structure, and there's consequences, right I think where you know, the wheels can come off right when everything just goes to shit and you're like, why am I screaming at you? You know, we're saying like what your mom said to you, Like I'm just telling you to do it, Like what just I'm doing it because I'm telling you as opposed to like really giving them a reason, sitting them down, taking that moment I can I can improve on, just like when I've had enough and I just lose my ship.
Speaker 2: I feel like every mom can relate to that too. I Mean, I feel like there's so many times when you know, I'll call one of you girls and then you know it's it's just like oh that, yeah, that happened to me yesterday, and I'm like, okay, good, So like that's that's a normal thing like we It's it's hard sometimes, you know, and we have our explosions, but that's also how we come back from it and say sorry, mommy, she just do you know why mommy was upset is because you just lost your third glasses, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's like I.
Speaker 5: Went totally off on her over the water bottle, and I'm like, I bought you the goat water bottle.
Speaker 1: The twenty five dollars water bottle, all.
Speaker 5: The goats on them. It's like Grace of all times is a lacrosse bottle. It's like twenty five dollars. It's like expensive, and I normally don't do it because they lose.
Speaker 1: The water bottle. And I'm like, you can had it. I can't take it. I can't take it.
Speaker 2: Put it back where it well, I'm pretty sure she was No.
Speaker 1: I put it in the bag. I swear to god. I put in the bag. Money.
Speaker 5: Andy and I were like going through like tons and I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: The water bottles there. No. I was like, the world the worst worse.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 4: I had but oughta remind me of something I said to her the other day that I should not have said. And I'm not going to repeat it because I feel really guilty about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, please help you make us feel better.
Speaker 3: She brings it up on the daily.
Speaker 4: I've obviously apologized, so she knows that she can bring it up. But I'm like, why are you torturing me reminding me daily of what I said that I should have said. No torture, torture, It's awful. Okay, So what are your kids into sports? Because I mean you do it all obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're very.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what are they into?
Speaker 1: So lacrosse?
Speaker 5: My girl does lacrosse and she rides. She's equestrian. She rides horses, which, by the way, you have to be.
Speaker 1: We're only going to last a couple more year. We're gonna run out of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my daughter has been begging for a horse.
Speaker 1: Well that's what everyone tells me.
Speaker 2: My husband's like, you know, he was like don't He's like, babe, no, And I'm like, but so, I just say when you're thirteen, we'll talk about it when you're thirteen. Well, talk about it when you're thirteen. But she loves riding horses like she loves it.
Speaker 1: Do you guys know.
Speaker 5: Marry Kitchen Mary Kitchen she's amazing. She's a woman here in LA that I'm very close to, and she has three little girls, fabulous by the you want to wear their wardrobe, and she's fabulous. And so she was like, you know, I ride and she's like, I'm really getting the girls.
Speaker 1: This is in preschool.
Speaker 5: Okay, She's like, you got to come to this little like pony camp. And sure enough I took her to the pony camp and she loved it. And so I'm like, okay, just ride up here at Sullivan Canyon just you know, and she ended up loving it.
Speaker 1: They ended up quitting. I'm like, I don't even ride. I have no one from Kentucky.
Speaker 5: But like, anyway, so she does a questrian, they all do lacrosse, and a couple of.
Speaker 1: Them do soccer. But we're very active. I'm hoping.
Speaker 5: I know it sounds like a little controversial, but I'm not gonna one sport a child just because I feel like their development and all these coaches and clubs and you know, they almost make it impossible for the for the kids to have more than one sport. And I just don't believe in that. I don't they haven't gone through puberty.
Speaker 1: And they don't know.
Speaker 5: You don't know where you're going to be in three years, and I you know, it's that's something that I've learned to be very boundaried with coaches and teams of we're doing the best we can if you'd like us to be on the team. We are not a one sport family like that's something like as a as a third child coming in, I've gotten my armor on because I truly, you know, I need them to play something in high school.
Speaker 1: I don't care what.
Speaker 5: So I've started with five. Now we're narrowing it down, which is really hard. But I think it's an investment into them not being on the phone and not being bored and having something that.
Speaker 1: They have to be a part of and that can be a.
Speaker 5: Single sport, that can be a team sport that just they have to do something.
Speaker 2: What are is going to be your boundary with social media?
Speaker 5: I mean I say this because my kids don't even have phones. I've spoken, you know. I got to speak to Jonathan Haye, who wrote the Conversations of an Anxious Generation, who is incredible. I got to speak to Eliza, I get to speak to a lot of incredible developmental psychologists. Family you know, really great people have wonderful advice.
Speaker 1: We're not going to have a phone. You know, we're not going to have a phone.
Speaker 2: When do you think you'll give the phone?
Speaker 5: Probably eighth grade, you know, seven, he wants it, you know, when he graduates out of six.
Speaker 1: But I think a group of.
Speaker 5: Us, listen, I'm really you know, happy that the schools, especially in California, have come together. There's a no there's a no phone policy now, which I really think makes our life easier, in the teacher's life easier.
Speaker 2: Because then it's not like you're like because the kids get mad, they'll get mad at you and the parents as a post can cat our schools do that.
Speaker 4: I mean, my kids are older and already have them. But I would have done anything for someone to stand with me and say.
Speaker 5: I'm not doing I won't say to high school, but I learned one high school yesterday in the Valley decided that no, they were gonna like they were going to let the kids have the phones in high school.
Speaker 1: They didn't.
Speaker 5: They were like, they're going to be on it more after. So it was just like it was so weird.
Speaker 2: Because you're active on social media. Yeah, sorry, but like so it's like it's hard because it's like I have that same thing with my daughter. I mean, she's way too young. I'm not to give her obviously a phone or social media, like I'm I'm trying to hold out until high school hopefully, like yeah, seventh or eighth. But like you know, I she's always like, well, mom, you're on social media. I'm like, yeah, behind, it's my work, like it's my job. Like I don't want to be, but I have to be.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, You're an adult and you have you can regulate, you know. I think listen, all kids are different.
Speaker 5: You know Brooks, if I gave Brooks a phone today, he would be so addicted, right he is social he maybe not because he has an iPad and I see he doesn't even respond, So maybe he's and he's always too busy. But just within their personalities, he's he loves YouTube, he loves watching every basketball every like I just know him Scarlet.
Speaker 1: I don't know Gray.
Speaker 5: He has no I mean, he wants a phone, but he only wants a phone because everybody else wants a phone, like he doesn't it. But I do think it depends on the timperment of your child. You know, how is there executive functioning? How is there you know? And a lot of it if you're divorced, I mean a lot of it is is not just that you you want to give it, You have to get it, you have to somehow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to stop texting my ex husband being like, can I talk to the kids please? Like I'd like to just straight up call jolly, which is probably why they'll get it earlier, Like I get it for sports and things like that that you know, But that's another reason why I'm like, she might get it earlier because I don't want to keep texting him.
Speaker 5: Right, which is which is understandably and you also, you know, you know, depending on your help situation, just getting a hold of the child.
Speaker 1: But again, it doesn't necessarily have to be an iPhone.
Speaker 5: You can have a phone that doesn't have social media that you can you know, they can communicate, because it does, especially in divorce, can be you know, really tricky and then it can even cause more issues for the child.
Speaker 2: Can we move on to skincare because you obviously have your podcast Lipstick on the Rim, and I just I need to know what you do skincare wise, because I stopped botox last year because I had a bad reaction and I haven't done it since last June, and so and I really I really don't want to again. But I'm also you know, I'm in my forties, and I didn't do it a lot anyways, Like I would do it like every like five months maybe or every six months. But do you do botox?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I only do botox, Okay, I do it kind of like you.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm desperate need to get both.
Speaker 2: Talks well, because that's saying I'm getting to the point where I'm like I'm starting to see them just like oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I know there's nothing left in the space.
Speaker 2: I don't want to though, but then anyways, go ahead.
Speaker 1: You know, I just think she's like I do.
Speaker 5: I just think you have to be careful judging yourself, like you know, kind of lead with kindness in terms of that way, like you know, if you maybe instead of going three months, go seven months if you want to do you know, and you can also you have a reason to be scared. You had a bad reaction, right, So you know, a friend of mine had that happen and it really put her off.
Speaker 1: And then she finally got over and she's like, what the was I doing well?
Speaker 2: Because the wrinkles?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was I thinking?
Speaker 5: So I have a skincare company we launched about eighteen months ago called Wise Beauty Y se Beauty, and I had real issues with my skin. I had my last baby at forty four. I had my first baby at thirty nine. I was like, back to back to back, forty four, forty five, I'm fifty one.
Speaker 2: Nice, So you give me hope to have another one. My husband's like no, but I'm like, come on, I'm forty one. I can do it. Yes, of course you can, because I really want one more.
Speaker 5: Yes, and go to doctor Ging if you live in La doctor Jing. The begs acupuma muxtuious, awful dirt that you will fellow horrible.
Speaker 1: She's amazing. I actually saw her this morning. Not to have a baby.
Speaker 5: But I had really bad cystic acony starting in my late twenties, and I thought, okay, I'm done.
Speaker 1: I've you know, I've grown up.
Speaker 5: But with that I ended up trading to be hyper pigmentation milasma and I kind of.
Speaker 2: Got I have terrible malasma.
Speaker 1: Oh I know.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh I know, I see it.
Speaker 1: No, No, I didn't mean it like that. I just I can't see it.
Speaker 5: I meant like it just came out with don't whether it's gun or age or hormones or a mixture of all three. Mine was really bad because I was kind of like you, the girl who goes no makeup makeup, you know, kind of lead with the skin until you don't.
Speaker 1: I first tried a product called high.
Speaker 5: Your quanone, which is a really strong active that you get.
Speaker 1: It lightens his skin.
Speaker 2: I do that every day? Is not Should I not be doing that? Oh?
Speaker 1: No, you should not.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Why I've literally been doing it the last year, every day, twice a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably one of the worst things you can do.
Speaker 2: Why but it has like lightened it though I know sure absolutely? Why is it bad?
Speaker 1: Why did she give it to me?
Speaker 2: Why did my doctor give it to me if it was bad?
Speaker 1: Does she know you've been on it a year?
Speaker 5: Because see, mine didn't realize that I had been abusing it off and on for many years. You're only supposed to be on it for about three months. Oh, the problem is it's fine while you're using it. I'm sure you are a little bit red A lot dry. So you're going to trade a lot of things for you know, other things. But what ends up happening, and again it may not happen to you. But once I stopped using it, the moment I went outside and got any tinge of sun, it.
Speaker 1: Got worse than even before.
Speaker 5: And this went on from twenty twelve to twenty fifteen to twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: And the more like.
Speaker 5: Kind of the harsher I was whether I did. I did a cold laser with oreon. In fifteen, I did a couple peals.
Speaker 1: The harsher. The harsher it is.
Speaker 5: The backlash is so bad I can't even tell you. So in twenty nineteen I stopped everything again. I would I would have even skin until I wouldn't, and then I would go out and it would pop up in the sun. It would be like patchy and just like I looked dirty. But out of that I my husband said one day that I had a little dirt on my face in twenty nineteen and I could not talking to I would take these little pods of Matt kincealer, they still have them. They've been around for one hundred years, and I would kind of just patch it up so I wouldn't have to wear like a full face of foundation.
Speaker 2: I do that every day to cover my malasma because I don't like wearing makeup. But i'd just patch it my malasma.
Speaker 1: Pack it up.
Speaker 5: So then and then I would take like a wet sponge and like dip a little tinted moisturizer and i'd kind of like just dotted on to have like.
Speaker 1: A little bit of some glow. But I ended up stopping all of it, and.
Speaker 5: I didn't really kind of realize what I was doing.
Speaker 1: I just sort of did it.
Speaker 5: I started with a product called that I totally abused biology Gresearch Peet fifteen, nineteen seventy. And then I went to an ice ice clinical product, then to a skin food would lead it, which is a really thick moisturizer you get a whole foods, and then I would do glytone, and I ended up having like fifteen products. And what I would do is I would exfoliate, and then I would hydrate push put everything back in, and then I would exfoliate and then I would brighten and then I would put everything back in. And what I didn't realize I was doing was actually a system and within about and I went cold Turkey dry on hydrophenone, and in about six months, I'm like, I started getting compliments on my skin.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I know, it's weird.
Speaker 5: And then cut to twenty twenty, I was actually trying to switch managers, which I wanted to. Didn't know that I wanted to go and sit in a trailer. I had three young babies. My husband's in the entertainment industry as well. We can't both be gone at the same time. And I was trying to say, faking relevant like a cat, you know, just to like have another life, right, And I really always wanted to do something, whether it be branding, producing, just to to be a part of something from the beginning, from the inception, as opposed to, you know, just holding the glass or the product at the very end, which is nothing wrong with it, but you know, after.
Speaker 2: Twenty it served you well for many early.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? I work with so many brands and I love it. It just had to have more.
Speaker 2: You wanted something that was your own, that you could hold, that you could have the power and the y'all.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 5: Out of that, you know, I'm a manager, and she was this incredible management manager, here in La called Nicole King Silocas.
Speaker 1: She's with Lynden Entertainment, and.
Speaker 5: She was like, yeah, I'll think about taking you, but you're going to need a five year plan.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what do you mean You're not going to take me? What's wrong with you? And she's like, no, I'm going to need more of it.
Speaker 5: She's like, I looked at I look at you guys, not just as an actor or an actor actress, but I look at you as you know, a whole three sixty you like what?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh my god. En an upstanding next to a woman Kim.
Speaker 5: Kruzberger, who had an incredible company called Pivot Projects, and she had just left Goop and I'm like, what are you doing now? And she was like, oh, I'm consulting with brands and with people on trying to figure out what they want to do next.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I am your client.
Speaker 5: So at this kitchen table four years ago, she came with another woman, Danielle Pergrimont, and they went through everything of my life. They went through mollisims dot com, they went through my TikTok, they went through.
Speaker 1: They went through.
Speaker 5: Everything, and they're like, why is this over here. This is not relate over here, you're you know. And out of that came wise and came lipstick on the rim, believe it or not. And yeah, we ended up working with a manufacturer and we launched eighteen months ago and it is a brightening.
Speaker 1: Ritual.
Speaker 5: Routines stem for hyper pigmentation to not get into the circle. We have your favorite X pads, their ex boyfriend pads, that's what they're called. And then we have a morning cocktail. We have a very famous skin glow SPF thirty, and then we have our problem solver. Our last call are extremely rich and it's we've gotten fifteen awards and fifteen months and it's grown faster than ever. I never knew a company could grow so fast. It's been pretty scary.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Congrats, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: For anybody listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well for me, I'm like, also, I'm like, I'm like on the website right now because I'm like, I'm gonna have to ditch the hydroqernon.
Speaker 5: I am really sorry. We've been really small. We had no idea our supply chain would be so freaking crazy. Yeah, it was the first time Monday before Black Friday, that I've actually had all my products in stock.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, well I'm going to be ordering. I'm very excited. But besides that, though, let's just talk about your podcast too. Lipstick on the Rim. What can listeners? You know what? What's kind of like give the elevator pitch of the podcast.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's Emmisha kind of like you guys, it's my best friend.
Speaker 1: She lives in Jersey, she has three kids.
Speaker 5: It's basically came from a morning meeting that all my girlfriends. We were in Cabo on a trip, and we'd all come downstairs and we'd be like, oh do you have this? You need this? Oh my god, I'm i fucking hate him. I'm divorcing him.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, go see this person had those conversations. Go see this person.
Speaker 5: It's you know, having a sneak peek into a conversation with your best friend, but at the same time answering a question that you didn't know. So we have everyone from plastic surgeons to doctors, to enter chronologists to the subject of ozimbic. Our obsession with beauty and you know everything we're buying, loving have to have it really does kind of run the gamut between beauty, fashion and wellness. I've always my mom was a big you know, my brand is named after my mom.
Speaker 1: Wise to look to know a little bit more than you knew before, and with lipstick on the rim.
Speaker 5: I I have always been a non gatekeeper, and I'm sure it's better now. But before, if I would say to an actress or she would ask me, oh my god, what are you doing, I'd be like.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've starved for six days.
Speaker 5: I've gotten botox, I've gotten X, Y and Z, I've done this. And then when I would ask, they would be like, oh no, I just drink a lot of water and you know, get a lot of sleep.
Speaker 1: There was and I was like, really, that that's what your that's what you do it.
Speaker 5: So that really is the place of lipstick on the ring on the rim. And you know, it's non gate keeping. It's you know, not necessarily spilling your entire life, but being vulnerable, but being very transparent on what we do, how we do it, whether it's as best friends or moms or friends and just really having this community. It's being a mom, it's being it's being you know, as honest and truthful as we can on what we do and how to make ourselves look better. I mean we had this, we had Dan Brutner on from the Blue Zone Diet. I mean we'll have every like nutritionous, like you know, how to gain muscle, how to lose my like, we'll just come.
Speaker 1: But it's fun, you know.
Speaker 5: I have to say, I uh, I didn't really want to do it.
Speaker 1: Because I'm like, who's who does podcast?
Speaker 2: So many plates, you know, but this was four years ago, right when no one was really doing.
Speaker 5: Podcasts and like a podcast, who's gonna listen to this on a podcast? But it's like, you guys, it's really fun and I actually I actually learn I mean, uh, I learned stuff all day long, which is kind of I get to go back to school with my guests.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I mean I love that too. I feel like it's one of those things where it's like not only do we learn you know, things about beauty from amazing guests like you and you know, just life stuff, but also it's I think it's that relation too, of relating like Okay, here's another you know, kick ass mom who's just doing it all and juggling it and like you're doing it gracefully. But also just like everybody else.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think people would think, oh, Molly Simms, like you know, the model actress. It's like, no, she's she's human and she you know, she has her days too where she loses her shit.
Speaker 1: Oh you know she's.
Speaker 2: Juggling at all and you know, being the best like soccer, you know, you know across mom and everything.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like, I mean, I think it's awesome. You know, you're I love people like you too, who you know, you're letting people in and I think that's in this world, like people want that. But you're also doing it in a way where it honors you too, where you're not giving so much of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you want privacy you want.
Speaker 2: Because I do it way too much, like I let people in a little bit too much where I'm trying to like close the door a little bit now, But.
Speaker 1: But I do too. It's nice in that way. I'm like, why do I have no boundaries?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 1: Why? What is wrong with me?
Speaker 2: Like, well, I think we I think it's because you want the relation and you want people to know you, and I think that's a beautiful thing. We've had people come on here that you know, it's like, oh, like they don't like, well, I don't even know why they came on a podcast to talk when they don't even want to talk.
Speaker 1: You know, isn't that the worst?
Speaker 5: When you'll get talked in a booking a client, you're like, do you really.
Speaker 1: Do you want to be here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, If you don't, it's okay, it's fine, But.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be You did not have to say yes, Like I did not force you down, hold you down to say yes to do this podcast.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: I had a situation with a very famous person the other day and she's like, canceled three times ago.
Speaker 1: Listen to me, I said, I could give two folks, if you want.
Speaker 5: To be on this podcast or not. I said, I'm not going to help your brand. Uh, I'm I'm happy. You know, I have a great audience and I know you want to really tap into that.
Speaker 1: But if you cancel one more time, we're done.
Speaker 5: And you know, I have a group of women who work really hard, I like produce my like, and one was flying with me to New York to do the content like.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, don't worry, she's going to cancel it. No, she said, she wasn't and.
Speaker 5: It was just so like and I, you know, I was like, you know what, I held my ground and I was like we're good, you know, and she's like, no, we definitely want to do it, and I was like, okay, Like but it's it's you know, it gets a little like you're not doing me a favor at this point, like Michelle Pfeifer's coming back on, I just saw her.
Speaker 1: Like I freaking levet, Like we're great to talk to.
Speaker 5: We have an incredible audience, you know, and a community that really listens and taps into everything.
Speaker 1: Like it's it's we're all good well.
Speaker 4: And everyone's taking time away from something in their life, like you have a sick daughter, Like yeah, exactly, Like you have a sick daughter and you didn't cancel today.
Speaker 5: I would never, you know what. I didn't want to do it, you know, and it's my kitchen table. I would like to go downstairs, but she's been so ill. My son, you know, I locked him outside of the door. I locked the door locked. He's like banging on the door.
Speaker 1: It's like my stomach hurts. I'm like go around.
Speaker 5: He's like really hurts, and I'm like I I want mom and my stomachs, and.
Speaker 1: I opened the door. I'm like, why can't you just walk around and goes? I think I shit my pants.
Speaker 5: I was like, and sure enough he has had diarrhea. I like got into the shower with him.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, I'm like everywhere and then he got out.
Speaker 5: It was just like, I'm like, and then my husband was leaving to take a red eye. I'm like, em Michew was deathly sick downstairs taking a nap from because we'd finished from seven.
Speaker 1: I was like, what is happening right now? But that's you know, that is life?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's life. To wrap up, what are the what is the best piece of marriage advice you have? And what is the best overall advice that you have taken into your life.
Speaker 1: For marriage?
Speaker 5: You're not gonna like everything mm hmmm, and there is that's such a good You will want to change, that will not change, and you have to come to somewhere within yourself to either accept it and be able to be in it or not. I think I think you know, and.
Speaker 2: We all have our stuff. The grass is not always green.
Speaker 5: And I can dig down and I can, I can, I can dig it on an issue you can't always dig in. You know, you got to know when to like there's a boundary, there's there's a line, and I have to say too, like pick your battles right, like I think. I mean, you have a lot of young women listening to this podcast. I think, you know, date as long as you can, because you'll get to know things that you wouldn't know in a year of dating.
Speaker 1: You know, ask the hard questions. Don't ignore.
Speaker 5: What you you you want to ignore because it doesn't change from dating to marriage. It only gets amplified by children and work and finance and schedules.
Speaker 1: And you know, I.
Speaker 5: Would say, I think the best in marriage would be to not date a narcissist or marry.
Speaker 1: One, which I did not do, but I dated a lot of them.
Speaker 5: So I think overall advice, I think, go big or go home. I think there's always another chapter. I'm fifty one. But also be passionate about what you're doing. You know, I never thought I would start a skincare company or a production company at fifty at you know, forty six, forty seven and have it.
Speaker 1: A completely other.
Speaker 5: Side of my business, I think, But just go for it and go forward in every way and lean into your community and lean into people and ask for help and just keep opening that door that's constantly kind of being shut, because good things will happen in the end.
Speaker 2: Amen to that. Well, Mollie, thank you so much for coming on. Everyone go listen to her podcasts Lipstick on the Rim and just thank you so much for.
Speaker 5: Guys are awesome, awesome, all right, thanks bra Siya.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 4: I love when famous working moms are so real. It just makes me so happy.
Speaker 2: It makes me so happy because I can't say who the celebrity was that we had on the show, but it actually never aired. But it's like, what don't come on to not say something? You know it's or have you know? I just love I love that. Well.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, a lot of people want to be completely private, which is fine, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, why then really go on a podcast exactly?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, there's other ways that you can promote things without going on because people are going to dig in and want to know things on a podcast. Yeah, but she was lovely loved her, love her stunning.
Speaker 2: She's Molly Sims like, I know, it's great.
Speaker 3: I love that. She was like, yeah, that's the worst thing you can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great. I know. I'm like, well she.
Speaker 3: Learned, so yeah, I learned for you.
Speaker 2: There you go, all right, Well, see you next week.