Speaker 1: On today's episode of The Command Center Podcast, we're talking Hail Mary. Wow, that was pretty impressive, guys. I can't wait to talk about what we did right and what the Bears did wrong. We got the Giants preview.
Speaker 2: And Jayden for m VP is a team bp v P.
Speaker 1: MVP and we got hell yeah, hell now he spots right now. Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Pulson here with Fred Smoot and Santana Moss and Fred big Win on Friday night.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, man big Win.
Speaker 1: On Friday night, I want to talk about SSA. We gotta talk about this Independence stone Bridge game.
Speaker 2: First, I ad it, I do it. I am doing it for four quarter is.
Speaker 1: So I show up, I see Fred there was I'm not gonna go tonight because I got go to my son's game and I just met eye contact with him and I knew this man had been broke off because I just I didn't even say anything. I just saw his face and it was just like a nod and I was like, oh, okay, respect.
Speaker 2: He's the hustle. And I got to do the coin towns.
Speaker 1: What did they say to you?
Speaker 3: And it was fat When we were doing the coin Towns. Just it kind of failed one sided. It almost felt like they brought us out there to beat show love the stone breeze.
Speaker 1: Well, Kendrick is the head coaching stone bridges that you know, carry what to carry the d C d C and Rock is on the offensive coach.
Speaker 2: But still had two X guys on your side. So that's why I made sure were the guys on your side.
Speaker 1: You and Will so Will Todd Storm he was a coacher last year, and then uh you uh he coaches there too. He was a coacher last year. So two NFL coaches and then two NFL players still here last year. So you know, pretty cool, pretty not a not a super exciting game.
Speaker 2: It was not I must say.
Speaker 4: It was just y'all beat him. It was a tough game. Those kind of games went back.
Speaker 1: In for so I will say that's the best defense we've played all year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There, they need some they gotta find some playmakers on.
Speaker 4: That's how they need to go out and do a little recruit You can't say, yeah, yeah, you can't say that, but we know everybody were in the n I a.
Speaker 2: Flor to high school kids getting n I L deal. That's so yeah, yeah, they started. I'm pretty sure it's going to come up here already high school.
Speaker 1: She's a junior and I already high school.
Speaker 2: Man, wow, man, come on, I just I just met a guy the other day. He's an n I L agent. Remember the guy Distillery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, most of he sayd Man, it is the best being an agent for that, and then being an agent, you know, for the pro you know, the pro agent player.
Speaker 2: Is coming.
Speaker 1: Man every money. I feel like everyone I talked to you now like it's like I'm trying to be an agent. It's not. I want to be a sports agent, so I want to be an n I L.
Speaker 3: A Like, how is a team like Penn State in U s C gonna survive in the in the n I L when they.
Speaker 1: Got cash Man but the.
Speaker 3: Name of the players on the back of the jerseys, Like I need representation, you see what I'm saying, Like, how you gonna survive in the n I O age and my ain't even represented on my jersey?
Speaker 1: That's even a factor. Honestly, it would be interesting, like you know because at the tight end from Penn State, you know, like is he a big enough celebrity to I don't know it.
Speaker 2: I guess what.
Speaker 3: I would have probably knew THEO Johnson a little bit more if I turned on the PHT game and seen the name Johnson on the back of the jersey.
Speaker 1: That's true, and we're gonna talk about the Giants and THEO Johnson's tight end for them here a little bit. But first, the other big game, not the Friday night game, the Sunday game. Yeah, the other one, right, obviously history very exciting game, and I thought, you know, if you haven't seen it, the Commander's one fun fact if.
Speaker 2: You've been living on the moon for the last weekend, all right.
Speaker 1: And they won on a hell Mary last second hell Mary and.
Speaker 2: The hell Noah, the hell Noah.
Speaker 5: No, it's a holy hair Mary, Holy hair Mary. No, No, it's it's hal Noah because he caught it. Yes, because Noah caught it. And Monica is hal hell Noah. So the bear thought they was gonna win the game.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's Noah. They did know, But I thought of Jason actually had this idea, it would be a fun idea to talk about maybe the Mount rushmore.
Speaker 2: Of last minute wins no no.
Speaker 1: Of just like of those moments for the Washington commanders of the last twenty twenty five years, because to me, like that's gotta be like, you know, I don't even know four faces on my my shore, right, Yeah, And so like you know, obviously got the big presidents in there, George Washington, the big dogs up there. This feels like.
Speaker 2: That this, this is this is the pinnacle.
Speaker 1: This doesn't it feel that way?
Speaker 2: This is the pinnacle? All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, because I mean, Hail Mary's in a class of their own, you know what I mean. Hail Mary's on one of those things like this is just a heave and a hope that heave, hoping a prayer, you know what I mean. And when you come down one of those, it's not like it was like, oh it was in the game of play, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, this second left on the clock, two second left on the clock.
Speaker 4: I just hope this happens on this hope this come down in somebody's of our color, you know, team hands, and it's crazy say this is his first one ever.
Speaker 3: It just tells you, like the quarterbacks don't hit these planes.
Speaker 2: Like Aaron Rodgers have spoiled people I've been in.
Speaker 4: I've been in so many hell marriage man and just running down there, like, bro, we nothing to catch them.
Speaker 2: It's always you ever caught of him here?
Speaker 1: No, have you ever been close?
Speaker 4: First of all, I was never the guy that jumped. I was always either the front guy or the back guy. And they never either get to the front or the back. It's always just in that pile of guys. Just it sinks somebody catch a pick or something.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I never got nowhere near.
Speaker 3: You know, they don't like to give us proper for them hell mary picks, but we take them.
Speaker 1: Gotta take them everything.
Speaker 2: I gotta take them.
Speaker 3: But then then you like your guys are deep and be like we shouldn't.
Speaker 2: We're gonna count that. Yeah, it goes down in your stat right. Don't say how the intercepts have just the interception.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember Mike Shannan used to said, I don't like throwing hell Mary's before the high time because it gets the quarterback messed up psychological because they throw a pick.
Speaker 3: No, that's why Jayden said his only focus was to make sure he didn't throw it out of the end zone. Then I was talking to my guy, he was like quarterback, He like we all like to throw him at the end zone so we don't go against us like they were like, seriously, no, they say when coaches, when quarterbacks, when they hear hell Mary a halftime, they I'm throwing this.
Speaker 2: After end zone. That's why you see something. Don't go out there. They don't want that on their stand line.
Speaker 1: And also, I think the thing that makes this play so special, and we'll talk about a couple of other place dur in a minute that maybe it could be the other three on here is the situation. So they score right, the Chicago does, and then it's o for two. Now yeah, and then there's what is that? There's thirty thirty seconds and you're like, there's no possible way.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel like that, I must say.
Speaker 4: I feelt like we had time, Scott, ja was gonna get a chill to get a field.
Speaker 2: Yeah. First I was like, no, they don't like to lie.
Speaker 3: I was sitting there, me and Scott was sitting there, and I was like, Scott, this game ain't no.
Speaker 2: He was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Like you see you had thought. The part of me was like maybe, but like there was so little I don't remember the exactly amount of time but.
Speaker 4: I tell you, like this, I felt just knowing what they do every game right before the half when you get hur around that Harry was gonna get us down there. Then when I thought that, when Terry caught that album, like okay, we can kick a field goal, but they didn't know we was still that far hard. You're like, damn, we can't even kick a field go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So now I'm sitting there like, well, the hell Marry part of it? I can't. I can't tell you that I was. I was confident about that.
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I was like, damn, do we let this one get away? And I swear to you, I kid you not. I'm sitting there watching it. And the only thing while he's running around, like the first time, he stood there for a little while and then he busted to the right. Yeah, as he going to the right, I'm like, man, only hell, Mary I've seen completed this year was your door standers. I'm watching the game. What if before I can get the other part of it out? The crowded up. Remember I'm in a tunnel so I can see the TV, so it's a little delayed. The crowdy up, I say, did he catch it? Yeah, hot dogs, mustang, catch up. Every somebody had something in split it everywhere, and we was in there just jumping, jumping for joy. Man, it was crazy. It was a crazy experience.
Speaker 1: It is crazy. I think there was nineteen seconds left in the game.
Speaker 2: So this is this we had to run out for me.
Speaker 1: This is the thing that got me though. Nineteen seconds with one time out. Yeah, it's a really tough situation to get down and field go range, especially because Austin Cybertwall, he's been super consistent k can field goal. How long does he have the biggest, Like, I think it's long. This year's fifty three yards. So I was like, man, if you had two timeouts, you could definitely do it.
Speaker 2: Good dah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you only have one. So you're gonna have one shot in the middle of the field. Yeah, you're gonna take your time out. You're gonna have five seconds run off the clock. You're gonna be right around twelve seconds. You can't do anything in the middle of field. They're gonna defend the sideline. It's gonna be really challenging. And I don't know, man, it just was super impressive. Again, the the end of game, operation all that kind of stuff. But are there any other plays? I think Tanner probably has a couple of them that you say deserve to be on the Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 3: Of of course the Cowboy game with Santana, right, because I'll hope seem to be that.
Speaker 1: One seems even more unlikely that, yeah, that you would do twice.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Then it's also Sean Taylor picking up the field, I mean, you know, picking.
Speaker 2: Up the funnel.
Speaker 4: Troy Vincent blocked it and then Sean picked it up and scattered.
Speaker 2: So that Jacksonville game is up there.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if it's Mount Runshmore, but the Jacksonville game in overtime, you know six that I had to walk off Campris, it's up there. I'm not sure if it's able to be at the top four, but it was just the moment because that game and how much was riding on at that six, we sucked, you know what I mean, and right there it was early in the season and we had a chance to really kind of like that was like a staple that said, okay, maybe we get a run. And after that I think they set Martin Manell now. But that game was one of those games that I say the feeling. You're talking about how to stay in me rous it felt the same way because everybody from the sideline was in it.
Speaker 2: There was in the back of the end zone with me. You know what I think?
Speaker 3: Uh, LeVar had to play LeVar Arrington, my rookie year and five, the fifth game of the year, we playing the Panthers.
Speaker 2: We're zero and four.
Speaker 3: At the time, LeVar picks the ball off, runs it back for a touchdown to win the game.
Speaker 2: We hauler off and win seventh straight game. That Minnesota game.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna lie the way that when Robert took that down, it felt like that. I remember sitting, I'm in the game, so I run a little I guess you called it the little z rap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go in and come back out, and I'm sitting.
Speaker 4: I knew I wasn't gonna get the ball, and I just I literally watched Robert run the whole time, and as he hit the sideline, I'm like, no one's catching this, dude. And then it was a guy from Minnesota was like, damn, he.
Speaker 2: Gotta look gear.
Speaker 4: But if you look at the stands at the time, oh, we erupted. I mean it was like mayhem. I mean everybody, and as a player being in the play, I'm just like, damn, thank god, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You know we needed that.
Speaker 4: But that goes to show you how, you know, his legend grew that year or two because he had plays like that, Moments like.
Speaker 2: That Sanks game he had to play with Pierre then to come and make Cowboys game. Yeah, yeah, play.
Speaker 3: But this one, this one is special because it's part of a special year.
Speaker 1: Like, well, I think, like to cut you off, but like the thing you just mentioned is like the LeVar Arrington thing leads to seven wins, the the RG three thing. We end up winning seven games straight that year, right, it feels like there's it represents something more. I think it represents hope. And also I think just the unlikely nature of the play, you know, like like how dramastic.
Speaker 3: It's a million in one play, Like it just is not gonna happen. And these become catalysts, right like we said cat because then it ain't like you're feeling invulnerable, but you're feeling like the football gods in our in our favor, like the ball is bouncing our way.
Speaker 2: Well, so many years this ball never.
Speaker 3: Bounced our way like so it's more than just talent and more than just coaching.
Speaker 2: Y'all know this, man, Like, once we get on a roll, some of.
Speaker 3: These guys probably ain't changed since week two because they being in the bay.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying. So you know how we get.
Speaker 1: It always cracks me up because one of the the ops guys, you know, one of the guys that does like all the trips in the buses, he grows a mustache every time we win, isn't cut it, and his thing's getting real bushy, real bushy up top all those like little beards, you know, the haircuts, the shirts, all that kind of stuff. You're start to see around the building, which is pretty cool. So let's talk about like the setup. We talked about it a little bit, right, and so again nineteen seconds or whatever it was, they get there's any completion. Then they get the completion, which is kind of a crossball throw all that whole old stuff. Let's talk about that thirteen yard out maybe to start. And I want to say to Tanne because I remember with Kyle, I remember with every pretty much every coach we would rep that and I don't remember the exact rule, but it's like pretty much if it's free access and there's over eight seconds left, eight seconds plus and they and it's a hail Mary situation and they give you free act s, We're gonna run a five yard out. Does that sound right to you?
Speaker 4: It sounds right, but I remember also with count and you could you can kind of connect tell me if I'm wrong or right.
Speaker 2: We had a guy that ran a corner route too, so.
Speaker 4: We had two different because we knew we knew that they're going to try to stop the out, so you would run the corner.
Speaker 2: So because now it's space there too.
Speaker 4: So if they stopped the out going and I'm not sure if it was in the same play, so directly if I'm wrong, So.
Speaker 1: At the end of half, you know there's a two minute situation there too. When a defense runs picket fence, so they line up the corner, they line up a linebacker, the safety. There's three guys and they're usually space about five yards apart. We would run a play like tenn is describing where you're in a five yard route, a corner and then you run a pylon right, So there's three levels to that throw. And the idea is that the picket fence stops all three. So that's a that's an actual play call that we have as an offense.
Speaker 4: How you remember all the them names, man, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Them, not saying like, yeah's familiar. Not run levels all the time they situate.
Speaker 3: The only one way we could combat it is to run levels ourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're gonna let the short dude catch the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so what I'm this is a little bit different because it is a hail mary situation. But if you have free access, and again it has to be more than eight seconds, yeah, because if it's less than eight seconds, you can't clock it. You can't clock it. So if it's free access and we're at kind of with that the forty five fifty forty five yard area, the receiver automatically just runs it out to the single receiver side, which in this case was terrritory. Yeah, complete the ball, you gain five yards, ten yards, whatever it is, and you put yourself in a more advantageous spot for that. And I the thing about that that gets me is that just seems like good well thought out ball. You understand the situation, you understand the time available to you, you understand the side adjustment and maybe they call it in the huddle, I don't know. But then for the Bears coach to come out and be like that play doesn't matter, I think is a little bit.
Speaker 2: And the lost short side, well think about it.
Speaker 3: It's not a player within ten yards to tear when he makes their catch.
Speaker 1: But that's why that plays in though, then you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, like if Greg will we on those plays, We're not giving up that.
Speaker 3: We're not giving all us got assignment and everybody has to do their assignment. We're not trying to give up any completions period.
Speaker 1: I kid you not.
Speaker 4: You'll never see another team that have a look like theirs when it comes to regardless if they were protecting the you know, the end zone or whatever it may be, thinking like, okay, they have no hope to it.
Speaker 2: Don't matter what they do.
Speaker 4: Every time I've ever ran the hell Mary and I ran a lot of them before the half.
Speaker 2: You know, some some time later in the game.
Speaker 4: You never saw where the corner. It was no one on the sideline waiting, always somebody, always someone there.
Speaker 1: They would just carry you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I'm sitting there watching I'm like, bro, I never saw this where a guy Terry is just by himself, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I was looking, I'm like, well, you got a clear you got to clear out. They throw it.
Speaker 4: Now, it was six minutes on the clock through the hour, it was two seconds, I mean six seconds on the clock through the hour, and then now it's two So that meant everything because now you just gave him that much more room to now hopefully get this ball down there.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing that gets me about it is like the ball that ends up throwing I think would have landed right, yeah, four or three take those y'alls. Imagine if you took away thir yards, Like, where's that ball landing? So for the coach of the Barris be like, it doesn't matter, It's like the ball wouldn't have been in the end zone.
Speaker 3: Well they got they had They had a couple of dudes that nobody else would have did that.
Speaker 2: They had the linebacker shadowing Jaden.
Speaker 3: So you're taking one person out of your jump situation right there, and you're taking one more person from the sideline.
Speaker 4: And then you got your guy who's I mean, I think he put more pressure on us than I seen in a long time Montees sweat.
Speaker 2: On the sideline because he was just in the South. He wasn't in the game.
Speaker 4: So you had so much going wrong for you at that time. And then you had my poor Campadre. Well, I didn't play with him, but my brother brethren took he.
Speaker 1: Was over there.
Speaker 2: Took a hurricane hurricane to do it.
Speaker 1: That's bro I felt.
Speaker 4: So I wanted I want to deal him and say thank you, But I said, now, they ain't gonna I ain't gonna ad few to it.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Nah, But it just was like, but think about it. Put yourself in them shoes.
Speaker 2: It's over. That's how you That's how he thinking, like, man is over. Man, damn we came back. Yeah, he waving by. It's all good and talking trash.
Speaker 4: They look, but you gotta see the clip that they showing on on some some someone sent.
Speaker 2: It to me last night.
Speaker 4: They did it to me, and they say, it's funny that he's sitting here talking but the Bears fans are pointing at him. And you see all the Bears fans in the bottom left corner of the end zone point like turned around and.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I know he feel like, right now, I.
Speaker 3: Found the fans. The group of fans that got his attention. It's one of my guys that are He owned Aggie's Beer Garden and Alexandria.
Speaker 2: His name is Chad. They interviewed him on the on the Junkies this morning.
Speaker 4: They talked about, so Chad was the one that was going back and got his attention.
Speaker 1: How did you even hear him?
Speaker 3: You know what if we like the reason DB's like, if we turned to the fing you know, the fans are sitting right there, and plus he was kind of egging them. So once he started to eg them, Chad and them say, they started to you know.
Speaker 2: Drop some bums and and blah blah blah. And before they know it, they said the ball was hiking it.
Speaker 4: Old boy was still like yeah, And then what really did it?
Speaker 5: Was?
Speaker 3: Not only did he three sixty turn right, he three sixty turns, runs to the pack, jumps higher than everybody the ball here is the whole reason for the play and Noah Brown catching the ball to act like I hadn't done this.
Speaker 2: Name it three times listen. It was the crazy, It.
Speaker 3: Was calmay what I want to call it, the hell Karma play because it had so much calm.
Speaker 2: I'm in this play. Well when you will, you watch it too.
Speaker 4: Man, It's crazy because it wasn't like he just ran to it after each other around.
Speaker 2: He had to protect because.
Speaker 4: He was sitting back there shadowing and shouting, Okay, he's on his side, and then when he runs over there, I'm saying to myself. So when I listened to the coach talk about it, he said, well, his job was to box no out. So so the coach basically was throwing him on the bus even more like he wants supposed to even jump no because he's the.
Speaker 2: Back of the supposed to box no out.
Speaker 1: They were like something.
Speaker 4: Let alone he went out there and was tunting. Did he go out there, didn't do his job? Let me go on his thing and say the world and like, blew it, dude, I feel bad.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the timing real quick. So anytime you run the hell, Mary, you got a jumper. So the guy in the middle who always gets messed up and like never touches the football. Then there's a guy in front, there's a guy right behind, and so usually Fred, maybe you can talk about this more educated than I can, but usually you have people assigned defensively.
Speaker 2: Yes, spots.
Speaker 3: We call it a diamond, a right, the front of the diamond, the back of the diamond, the middle of the dimon. If I'm in the front of the diamond, I'm boxing out whatever receiving y'all got there, putting, waiting on the till I'm at the back of the diamond.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get in between that dude in the pile.
Speaker 3: Then we got the middle of the diamond, and they go to guys that we're hoping. We're telling them to do this, to knock the ball down this way.
Speaker 1: Every every Friday or Saturday, afriget which one, we would do a walk through end of game scenario. You would always do a hell Mary. I always do I always do a hell Mary. And the one coaching point that I vividly remember every team I ever played on, even in college, was like the defensive coaches just screaming.
Speaker 2: Knock it down, no, knock it down.
Speaker 3: Were trying to do free like we don't get free pick. You got to work for people.
Speaker 1: I remember rerunning the play because people would catch it. They be like, no, do it again, knock it down.
Speaker 2: And so like it's hard to do.
Speaker 3: Somebody like throw money up in the area and then somebody.
Speaker 2: Say, don't you touch it? Not at the top. You don't think about this. Think about you as a tight end and it's the land player of the game and you and you ain't no catch. You ain't got no catching.
Speaker 3: They just locked it up there, and in the back of your head you're like, I post the doctor this thing, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm just not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, there's been temptation game playing.
Speaker 1: And people all call because because I'm sure they've talked about in the game scenario in Chicago. I'm sure they've talked about defense.
Speaker 2: But to Jade's credit, to though, man, buying time is what not?
Speaker 4: Even that where the ball, how high the ball was, no one could knock you down because it was high enough where they only could get one hand on it, you know what I mean. So, but also that kid wasn't supposed to touch the ball, so he should have just went out there and did his job.
Speaker 2: And maybe the guys there in that area.
Speaker 3: Because he start laughing because he was over there dancing doing the stinky legs. Listen to me, this dude, And then well, I really couldn't start laughing.
Speaker 2: Is he is still going? Well, I see Noel bro that booge. He was like this.
Speaker 3: When you see him time around panics like he flies, Oh my god, this don't go down this day.
Speaker 2: Stupid, it's playing.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like, who's that defensive lineman?
Speaker 2: Is a running lot leon, Like the city of Chicago will never get broke. Like I see him, go go get something to eat this week. He can't do nothing. Them boys in Chicago be looking at him like this is crazy because he had to fit off.
Speaker 4: You can't watch he had a solid game. I mean you think about it, he had a very good game. Yeah, I mean he got bumped you know that one time and you know by Terry. It happened the other time. I think they robbed us from a touchdown from Withers. That was a touchdown, but he was on that play. He had significant plays in that game that you know, good players can can really give him, you know, benefit of doubts that he had a pretty productive day.
Speaker 1: But so I think it's just finished interview. I think I felt like the commanders did everything right in Chicago kind of did everything.
Speaker 4: You know, we say bad don't lie. I think we should have won that game. It was some plays there in that game, so much on the and and I think the ball bounced that way because we was favorite, because we should have won it. You should have won it outright and should have been in the situation.
Speaker 2: But you know, they shining on us. Man, take a little look to win these games.
Speaker 1: So yeah, obviously very excited about that game and how that game ended, And a lot of conversation coming out of this game is jayde and Daniels MVP conversation, Rookie of the Year MVP type stuff. Is it too early to be having if you keep.
Speaker 2: Doing this on national TV?
Speaker 3: And I can say, if you keep making these plays on national TV, he went and beat Joe Burrow and Cincinnati on National TV with class. He comes out and throw these like when you have these moments that the year is defined by.
Speaker 2: Right now, the biggest play of the year in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Is dead Hair mayor Dead Hair Mary is the biggest play in Jane Damimes is the one throwing that ball. They ain't gonna talk about Noel Brown, the person that caught it. They talk about the person who threw and not only.
Speaker 4: Him throwing the ball, being the one Excum threw the ball, came into the game with a hurt rip.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So with all of that, you know what I mean, so much riding on this game, didn't have that much work practice wise, you know, throughout the week, one day of practice and go out there and still throw for the most he's thrown for this whole season.
Speaker 2: Three hundred. Nobody's talking about it.
Speaker 4: I mean, significant key moment in the game where he went and got first downs off of doing the thing that they probably came in the game saying, yeah he's here, but he's not gonna run the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's so much, it's so it's so many things that he did that you can point out and say, man, this is this is why the legend grows, you know what I mean, not only that pass, but it's just like he had moments in the game that had us where he was at for that reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you throw that ball to Terry and Terry just miss it.
Speaker 4: But he threw it right because it was a guy undernew Terry, so he couldn't throw it like he wanted to put it high enough where Terry jumped too quick, went through terry hands. It's not like the next play, I'm gonna hit you down, you know, down the field for sixty yards.
Speaker 2: So it's just stuff like that. Man.
Speaker 4: It just shows you why this kid is being praised the way he is and why you know, he brings the energy he brings to this offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this game maybe statistically obviously yards watch his best game, but you know not maybe as a fishing I think it was twenty one for thirty eight, I think if that sounds right, Yeah, but honestly one of my favorite games to watch in terms of going back and watching the all twenty two, just given the about the week, you know, like he's not going to practice that much. He didn't practice that much. The physical toughness, the competitive toughness, the accuracy, the ball placement, you know, and he so he had twenty one completions, but he also had probably five drops in this game, yeah, you know, And I just think like there were explosive plays, his ability to elevate in kind of bad situations, scramble for first downs. Like I know, I'm readering a lot what you said there, Tanna, but there was something different about this game compared to like Cincinnati, where he was, like, I felt like he was making kind of big boy plays and each and every week he just seems to be getting better. And the fact he did it on a limited practice schedule, it's also kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: And you got to think too, because people failed to realize is that not only is it hurting him to be out there, it hurting the guys that's sketching his passes. Because if I don't get the field, it's all enough. Now, That's why you get a Noah Brown dropping a pass that he caught a hundred times already this year, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Same thing with you know.
Speaker 4: Eckler, Like these guys I made these plays, and all of a sudding today they dropping them. It's because he had They hadn't had it enough, they hadn't seen it or touched it enough. And that's why He's always tell you why when I was nicked up or injured, I still practice because I wanted to feel the ball. I wanted to feel the rhythm of the game or how he was doing things in practice.
Speaker 2: So it's not fresh or new to me, you know, come Sunday, and.
Speaker 3: I think also the usual m v P suspects are having suspect years.
Speaker 2: The Pat Mahomes ain't having his best year.
Speaker 3: I think Lamar's having up there having held the year, but you know they lost.
Speaker 2: He had the Josh Allens of the world.
Speaker 3: So then and now here come this rookie, this, this, this doing things. And then it also got to do with that trophy case. Already, dude ain't been in the league seven eight weeks and he won Rookie of the Week pretty much every week every week, all right, So it's it's I think that's stacking up and the fact that we've been down so long and now we are the national sweethearts.
Speaker 2: Somebody I get their love and they gonna give it to the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Quarterback, Yeah, I think you're one hundred percent right. And to the tennis point, this is something about catching the football. Like every quarterback throws it a little bit different. So you know, if Marcus is out there practicing like the ball, spin, the RPM, the angle, whatever it is, like, if you're not catching with the right guy, yeah, it'll it'll. It'll jack you up, no doubt. The other thing I was gonna say is, I think that's a great point Fred about us being the darlings. The thing I want to ask though, it's like it's only been for eight weeks. He's got to keep it going though, right.
Speaker 2: Like you gotta finish what you you got to finish.
Speaker 1: I guess the question is you think he's capable of doing it?
Speaker 4: I think he is, so I think because man, the man is grounded, you know what I mean. It's different if yeah, here being fresh moot, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Industry we all know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Don't need a lot.
Speaker 4: If he in the streets, many put fresh move with a five jersey.
Speaker 2: You know he did hell Marya. Where we at at night? Independence already bad? Probably text me before I even got to my locker. I might have been doing the press. Come he said, Hey, how we we have my hoigh. We're gonna're gonna shoot.
Speaker 4: We're gonna shoot their knight for Hull, and then we're gonn We're gonna have a couple of drinks forore.
Speaker 2: We hit the club tonight, all right, be there shot.
Speaker 3: I like the guy. They don't take themself too serious, man.
Speaker 4: So so I say that because and I'm just joking, but you know we have they had had moments like that.
Speaker 2: But Fred ain't the guy. He wasn't the quarterback, so he can do that that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: But I think this guy is grounded, you know. And and it's one thing to sit here and see. You know, this doesn't happen by luck. People look at it and say that was lucky. Yes, But but lucks come to those Google preparation and prepared for.
Speaker 2: The moment, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: They Yeah, they make they make luck look like it's something that was supposed to happen because of the what the hours that they put into it. And I think that's what we've been hearing from day one from Jaden. He's putting in time, He's going out there doing the little things. Yeah, of course, like he said, man, I was praying. I was making sure that I was into it. I was working now. I was trying to make sure this thing was right because he knew, Man, if I do all that now, I'm gonna get in here and get this filmwork in. Like bro, he was making throws in the pocket that we was waiting to see that he was that he could have possibly made.
Speaker 2: The first week.
Speaker 4: He's making it now because with hurt Ribs and I was sitting there like, did you see that Did you see that once?
Speaker 2: To zach Ertz, did you see that one?
Speaker 4: To Noah, I'm like, he's throwing this thing in the pocket in time, And that's the stuff you want to see from your quarterback. Because now you say how dynamic he is when he escapes the pocket, But no, look what he did when they made him sit in the pocket, you know what I'm saying. So I don't think it's just by chance or by luck.
Speaker 3: Man, And he got too many weapons to kind of slow down. When I'm talking about himself, weaping I himself. A quarterback with legs is always gonna have flashy of plays than a quarterback with that legs.
Speaker 2: So the games in.
Speaker 3: The future where he can't push the ball down in the field, he still got that element of running the ball.
Speaker 4: How many how many years Lamar have been doing what he's been doing years?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So, and it's effortless to these guys like him and Lamar both, it's effortless.
Speaker 2: Like and this is no you know, indictment to RG.
Speaker 4: When we saw RG escape that pocket, it was like we knew he was the one of the fastest guys ever, but he didn't want to do that. You see what I'm saying that wasn't something that he wanted to do. It was just in him, and we wanted him to do that with this guy. He knows this is my gifts. I'm gonna I'm gonna break this pocket because this is this is what I have that they can't stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't. And I'm gonna give us.
Speaker 4: Another first, you know, movies changed, and then now we can reset and do this thing and try to you know, try it again. So I just think and I made that, you know, comment, because I see and the game is so slow to him because he's so much ahead of him. When he knows I can escape the pocket at any given time, I'm gonna get those four or five yards that they don't want to give me in the air. I'm gonna get him with my legs. And I think that's what Jayden has to understanding, that I have a gift and I'm gonna use it. Well, I'm not gonna you know, I'm not gonna put myself in harm's way, but I'm gonna use it when I need to use it.
Speaker 3: I think what people really saw this game was the difference between the number one pick and the number two pick.
Speaker 2: As a erradic as Caleb was.
Speaker 3: Jalen was composed all right, Uh, Jalen looked like the more polished pass Both of them got strong.
Speaker 2: Gun. I watched Caleb doing walmups. I was blown over. I'm gonna tell you too.
Speaker 4: Caleb blew me away with how he escaped the pocket because we should have had five or six sacks. Listen, and he got out of dark, he got out of harms way a million times.
Speaker 3: I repeat again, I'm telling y'all, when we look back fifteen years from now, this will be the best quarterback class of all time.
Speaker 2: I said it on a.
Speaker 3: Couple of occasions, on numero occasions. There's this class right here.
Speaker 2: Mo Nicks, we ain't even seen.
Speaker 1: Michael Pennix, we ain't seen.
Speaker 3: God, I think this is gonna be the best class of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Really excited for that rivalry to continue. And you know, Kayleb Williams to develop defense at a early nice job. The defense back end played much better coverages, they did much better to their leverages. They rush better. But to your point, Fred, I think the rivalry is going to be a lot of fun to watch. And the other thing, I just want to just return to the MVP conversation for one second that we can move on. Is the reason I bring up and I asked the question is like can he sustain? It is because it's so hard to be as good as he's been. Weaken and we got but this is who we are, and I think that's the thing though. It's like it's you're kind of waiting because he's a rookie, kind of waiting for the other foot shoot to drop. Oh, he's going to have a game where he looks like a rookie where he's not taking care of the football. But he just keeps getting better and better. And you got to give credit to Cliff in.
Speaker 2: Terms of the house, golf of a lot of this stuff too.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't it's hard for it's one thing of saying and let me trying to put it in the best words I can. I've been a part of games where the scheme was what it was.
Speaker 2: It's a great scheme.
Speaker 4: But the players that we made in that, those those formations, those different you know, route combinations.
Speaker 2: At some time like ah, we were lucky to get that done. I haven't seen that.
Speaker 4: Like the player marriag has been the luckiest thing we've seen so far from us. So what I'm saying is give a lot of credit to kill Cliff Kingsburg. Yes, because he's putting them in situations where he don't have to overthink. He don't have to overthink it. But you either gonna be right or wrong, and he's been right. So he knows this guy here he can process it faster than most guys in his shoes. So I'm gonna put him in something where he got to process this thing right and he got to throw it to the right guy.
Speaker 2: I've seen one pass.
Speaker 4: Last week where he threw it to a guy that was covered by two men. But he threw it perfectly because he threw outside and Stevenson again, he was on that play. He was holding Nord's arm. He coming out of the curl route. It was the safety over the top. Stevenson kind of was off, so I'm not sure if they was in cover for it or not, but it was that they both was on the same plane and Stevenson know coming out of that curl. But guess what, Jaden threw it to the outside and low you know what I mean. So to me, I think that was like the one time I say I don't know if he read right, but I just feel like Cliff has been putting him in a great situation time at the time and saying, Okay, at the end of the day, it's gonna be up to you how you you know, see it.
Speaker 2: And he's been on.
Speaker 4: He's been spot on, So I don't think none of this stuff has been lucky to him.
Speaker 3: Round one in this new rivalry goes to Jade and Daddy. Round one, but I got a feeling the guys gonna run into each other a lot. You gotta realize if they if they gonna elevate their team to the playoff, teams Washington and Chicago gonna have to go through each other and try to get to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: And then both teams are pretty decent, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like I'm saying decent because I don't want to say they're great teams because it's still early, but they're both and they got the youth and the way you win these you win in this league by having a great defense in a great run game, And to me, I think both teams have just that going for you.
Speaker 1: So yeah, obviously we're all really excited about what Jayden can be and you know, I think he's been playing at closer a MVP caliber level. Let's see if I can continue. Obviously great to get the hell Mary always want to talk about that, But we got to turn the next page because if he's gonna win the MVP, he's got to keep playing well. And we got the New York Giants coming in. I think defensively they are underrated. They'd be very good because of how bad their offense has been. Yeah, I don't know when we want to probably want to start the preview here. If we want to start with the offense defense, you're kind of call I.
Speaker 2: Think you don't want to talk about the rookies.
Speaker 1: You can talk about the rookies.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, all right, pff.
Speaker 3: Got the Giants rookies is the best rookie class right now, and got us.
Speaker 2: At number two is we continue to be at the top of list.
Speaker 1: And so like Drew Phillips is their nickel number twenty two. He is an outstanding football player man, highly competitive, very physical, got great ball skills. Tyler nubaneh he's playing good football right now. He's a safety from Minnesota. We got Theo Johnson, the tight end. He's starting to come along a little bit. He's a big old boy, big bodies like six six sixty seven, can attack the seam and is starting to show up in the run game a little bit. And then Malik Nabors obviously is like sixty percent of their offense, so they do have pieces. And the guy that's not even on here is Tracy Porter, the running from Perdue, who's the considered wide receiver. So when you look at all the explosive elements of their offense, specifically on the skill positions, it's all rookies, and I do think they're playing really, really well. The problem offensively for them is that their offensive line is getting banged up. You know, their left tackles hurt, they're they're kind of moving some pieces around. Their right guard is hurt, and Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: Is starting to look like Daniel Jones.
Speaker 1: Daniel Jones like he's in. Like they had done a good job early in the season, I felt like of insulating him a little bit. They had, they'd increased the protection, they'd made it a little bit better, and all of a sudden, now it's back to turnover.
Speaker 2: Also handle him in such a reckless way.
Speaker 3: They have him running these these quarterback powers in these things.
Speaker 2: He's Josh Allen all over again, them Josh, but.
Speaker 3: They still protect josh In away from himself. It's like they playing Daniel Jones like a crash dummy, like they calling it. Don't feel that way to you, Like they just calling to play and don't care about his well being, don't you know.
Speaker 4: It's just I think he's shown time and time again that when things break down, he runs better than the most you know, most of the guys like himself, and that's why you get a you get a you get his OC slash head coach that's saying, hey, this is what.
Speaker 2: I did with Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, I can call some of these players because he has similar body type and he seems to have a little wiggle when he gets past the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: So I don't think it's reckless for them to do that with him. I mean, you saw whenning we played them the first time, That's what that was. All their offense. Him and Neighbors. You're running, but you.
Speaker 3: Can't neighbors, you know, catching them. They have a guy on the edge. When I say they are literally running powers.
Speaker 1: With him, you see it in college a lot of quarterbacks because usually that guy is a bigger, strong, longer guy than everybody else in the NFL. Man, you're gonna like that.
Speaker 3: We don't like the quarterbacks and detackles. You don't want them meeting most of the game.
Speaker 4: I think too, if you look at it when he did it against us, they must be did it schismatically, just knowing that he's gonna these guys are gonna try to get sacks. They rushing up Pield so we can we can call it now because it's not it's gonna be a gap that's gonna be wide open right here. And I felt like a couple of times they got us last time we played them, they running twice, two or three times, and I was sitting there like, man, what the hell is this?
Speaker 2: Why? Why is he running in between the tackle like this? And it's wide open? Who's there? Who's supposed to be there? So I don't know. I don't know if they're calling it.
Speaker 3: Right or it's Pittsburgh that was the wrong game. I'm sorry Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: Pittsburgh muff was ready for it because they already is the wrong.
Speaker 2: It didn't me myself.
Speaker 3: I just know how they cuddle these quarterbacks and make sure that's the last person we won't hurt it.
Speaker 2: I just don't feel that love. Maybe they say, man, let's get them in my body here rock that bill one time and they come off as crash dumby to me. It comes off like.
Speaker 1: That to me, Yeah, for sure. And you know they're they lead the NFL and drop passes like they're they're just it's like the offensive line is not protecting super well, they're not catching the football super well. So when I watch the Giants sometimes sometimes I'm like, Brian David, you mentioned the quarterback runs. He's just looking for something something, What is the thing for this game? And when they went to the playoffs and was that three years ago, now that that was the worst day ever. Could have had a terrible mistake. But he did such a good job each week of being like this is our wrinkle and it was enough to throw teams off, give him a little bit of an edge. And then now I feel like they're having a really hard time finding the rink.
Speaker 2: Yes, what can we do consistently? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, throw it to give him nineteen chances a game to catch passes.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's not a bad idea. Yeah, I'm sure I.
Speaker 2: Can say this is a corner.
Speaker 3: In my one hundred years of playing football, high school, college, bros, I have never been on the receiver.
Speaker 2: They got targeted nineteen times.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, all right, this is unbelievable. And they did that the first game we played them. They targeted this guy nineteen times. I thought there was a thing too defensively.
Speaker 4: You know, when when you look back at our first two games, we've grown, We've grown together.
Speaker 2: Those guys are playing.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you want to go back, I know, we just we don't already talked about that game. But man, talking about swarmming to the ball, you know, you know, being there for your brother. I saw a few plays where it was inches away of giving up a first down just because of one guy stopping the guy and the team coming. You know that that convoy of you know, you know how you guys are, man, you hold them.
Speaker 2: Up and some breed. I don't know if you'all ever dropped some honey bun on the ground. You see that, like.
Speaker 3: Sat Juice had their play when he stopped the wide receiving d Frank, like, we love it because we got you stop your momentum is stop.
Speaker 2: Now, we just been a pound on you.
Speaker 4: So I like what I've been seeing lately from them guys, And that's one of the reasons why I think. You say, you know they had a stat I heard, Well, you can see it obviously.
Speaker 2: The last two weeks of these guys holding.
Speaker 4: The teams no points in the first half. That's that's phenomenal, man. I mean, like when you're thinking about, like who does that from a team or where they was at last year, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know, I was gonna say, like one of the things thinking back to that first matchup the you know, the Commanders had a really hard time in the second area of dealing with Man and Man covered him. And then I look at the game against the Bears, and they seem to be figuring it out. The rush is getting better. They're starting to kind of identify roles where Frankie Lover is the past rusher, Dante Fowlers rushing better, Armstrongs back you know, pain they're working them on.
Speaker 2: I think they understand what Coach Witt won't like.
Speaker 3: And I think that's why I told people be patient and let Grandma cook, because these guys needed to be in the defense and play the defense to learn the defense, and everybody want to because the offense started off so fast. Everybody like, well, why the defense they started with? It don't work like that all the time. Man, I got a new voice in here that that likes me to have a new technique, that also likes me to play a new coverage, just different stuff.
Speaker 2: It took time, and that safety players phenomenal too. Man one is playing some.
Speaker 4: Tackles and Chin is just reckless abandonment. Back then he just man he bro. I get scared for guys when theyre around him because it seemed like when he hitting people, he's doing it with intent to hurt something.
Speaker 2: And just the way he walking look at him.
Speaker 4: I'm like, bro, I don't know what he's saying to these guys, but every time I see them, two big.
Speaker 2: Old ones come at He coming to later in flick pain flick. He putting that hat on you, but that right there is on you.
Speaker 1: But I think that's a great point, Like this defense is not the same defense that they saw and they had a pretty solid performance. It wasn't their best performance, solid they held them.
Speaker 2: But here go the big test for us.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be the first organization, first team, and first coaching staff to play us twice.
Speaker 1: That's a great point.
Speaker 3: All right, So this is gonna be the first team that gets a chance to say, all right, this is my second chance. We are familiar with Cliff kings Bear, We're familiar with James Daniels.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be.
Speaker 3: A test to me for both coaching staff more than it is the players, because they got a beat on us when lose a draw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that nobody else has.
Speaker 4: But this is when you become, I guess cemented as a great officer coordinator because and that's why we bring up Kyle and their offense. And I guess you can give whoever credit for that offense, Mike Sheneahan, whoever you want to give the credit to what I've seen and being on offenses. And you think about it, you're talking to two guys who played offense, but you're talking to a guy and Logan who knows offense like the back of his hand. Bro the way you beat guys, You show them what you think they saw before you showed them. Hey, it's what you practice, that's what you practice.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: You you saw this last time? Huh? Now? I'm gonna hitch it. But now in the tailpipe, go ahead and bleep that, Jason. But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I heard it about but I'm just saying, it's just that's how you becoming. And this is what Cliff has shown us already. He teams that hasn't teams that watched film. They're coming to the game with the same kind of thing, like, Okay, we haven't played them twice, but we saw this last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonnahow it to you again, and guess what not every time.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna switch it every If you can't stop it, you can't stop it. I watched West, well could catch the same routes week at the week, at the week at the week because guess why, everybody knows that this is what he did last week. They're not going to be that dumb and do it again. Yes we are, until you stop it.
Speaker 1: So to Tennis point, Cliff has done a great job of that. We have our kind of third down packages. We got guys that run the choice. But who's gonna run the choice this week? What formation we're gonna run it from? We like that spend that double like double dig in thing and how we're gonna get to it this week with a motion to we're gonna shift to it, We're gonna get in the type, we're gonna be wide. And so I think Cliff has shown or Cliff's done a great job of kind of Larry, but can he continue to do it? And again, I think back to the first matchup, and obviously this is the team that kind of highlighted some red zone issues, like can you get what's the plan for red two? You're gonna see probably a lot of red two, some red quarters. What is our plan to defeat that? Because again, we can't get bogged down. And again in that game, just like in the Chicago game where we had struggles in the red zone, a lot of that was like self inflicted.
Speaker 4: Self inflicted penalty, penalty calls us, but also two touchdown touchdown they need it. But we did not score a touchdown on this team.
Speaker 2: I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Is that's what we're saying. Yeah, even though it's self inflicted, you got to like whatever the reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but I think you think about it too though. I Mean we went and remember we we we left that game and we played the Browns Knicks, right, and the first thing we were saying to ourselves, how can we get out.
Speaker 1: Of this way that we didn't Yeah, kick a field goal?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we kicked straight field goals against the Giants. And the first thing we were saying, like, now we're on the road playing against Cincinnati, how can we get these guys ready to now fish these flip it like score touchdowns? And we went out there and show you. And that's why I give a lot of credit to the coaching staff because it seemed like every obstacle they know how to get around it the next time out. You see what I'm saying, Like that they're being they're being faced with, Hey, there's a fork in the road, which where you go? Yeah, but I really don't know. Let me go this way, and boom, you got you got a dead end. The next time that fork in the road, they're not going to go the same way. They're gonna say that we're gonna prepare for this again, and now we're gonna have an answer for this time out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's a difference when you when we study film compared to when we actually get out on the field and play each other, like like you can you can sit there and look at the speed of Jayden on the film, but until you really get on that field and feel him running past you, I think it's different. And and when you gotta beat on the coaching step, then when I think it really This is why I say the visional games, I always call them toss ups, because these.
Speaker 2: Coach the war is really with the coaches, not the players.
Speaker 4: So you know what, So so you know what I love about Jayden, And this is why I brought up Lamar because yes, they are dynamic with what they can do with their feet, but not only that.
Speaker 2: They are good ball carriers. You see what I'm saying. That's the difference.
Speaker 4: When you have a quarterback that's a great ball carrier, like a Michael Vick with the ball in his hand, Like, yeah, it's one thing of being fast as a quarterback that can escape it. But when you get open and you don't know what to do, you know what I mean, it's a damn car crash. But with these guys, they know what to do suddenly at the right moment to get you out your spot or to get you to stop your feet. And now I'm gonna go around you and get these couple of yards and get down. So that's why I love about Jaden game, and I think it travels with him year after year after year, because not only is he a guy that's dynamic with the ball in his hands outside the pocket, he knows, he understands how to get those hidden yardage and then get down.
Speaker 2: When he gets.
Speaker 3: The best thing he doing is he just protects the ball man like he don't.
Speaker 2: Drink the ball.
Speaker 3: I think Ricky's turned the ball over, quarterbacks turned the ball over. This guy takes care of the ball, and I think that's what's been keeping us in these games.
Speaker 1: To tell you the truth, he's been super efficient. And I think this again. The Giants defense, we talked about the red zone in efficiencies the first game, a little bit self inflicted. But they are a talented group and they got Dexter Lawrence. Brian Burns is playing big, deficantly better. Libito's on I R. But they got Olaris in. He's got four, he's got five.
Speaker 2: I have back the name I couldn't pronounced last year.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Bobby, I think it's.
Speaker 3: Actually you can't go from Okara to k e r e k e okay cay all I know is he'd be bringing.
Speaker 1: It know him Lem and Michael McFadden man are playing really good inside.
Speaker 2: And then you know what, surprisingly that Banks man, what's going on with him? He got bench land bench lad.
Speaker 4: But they said he coming into this week he had been in the been in the hot seat.
Speaker 3: So I was asking, I was asking, like, what's going on with these coners the day because a lot of them getting bitched right now and a lot of them got to do with tackling. It ain't got to do with covering, Like what's his name? Naja jumped over his head last night and they took him out the game.
Speaker 1: And so But but I will say the front's playing good. You can attack the edges of the defense. I think there's opportunities there can't live linebackers are good. Andrew Phillips talked about how well he's playing Tyler Newman. They've got some good pieces defensively, a little ben but don't break. Yeah, so you down the red zone. But if again this is a classic game, if the game flow fits us, we're able to get out ahead, like their offense is going to have a really hard time keeping pace with what we've been able to do last week.
Speaker 3: So this was the year of breaking out the curses. We even got to hear Maybor we had never had one. We've been trying to do look back in the past and see that we had when I think Sammy By had one day the.
Speaker 1: Merging way back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we're breaking out the We don't all the curses. We've had a of going to New York in that stadium in mid life and leaving with the hell do you think we break that curse too?
Speaker 2: Two for two? Right now? Breaking curses? I mean now in the Black jerseys. This week we broke that, broke that courage.
Speaker 4: The Giants came to us and we broke the You gotta go to the Giants now and break that cursey.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's the year of breaking curse. It could be done.
Speaker 1: All right now, I think that's good. On that preview review, you know we're previewing there, that's right, all right now?
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, hell no, hell no, hell no, hell no, no, noah, noah.
Speaker 2: Hell noah.
Speaker 1: That's not the segment though, I know it, but I wanted to be I wanted to all right, hell noah, all right, So first one, this game ends as a one score game.
Speaker 2: Hell no, hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, hell to the no oh no, so yeah, this is the same team made us kick thirteen feet.
Speaker 2: Then you just say we ain't the same time. I'm just saying, so get us. They can play defense, man, ill fish, you right, but guess what we can play offense? We ain't. We ain't top five in the league. But not you saying hell yes, hell no what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Hell no, this is gonna be more than a one score game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yes, Jame's gonna be the time it said it's the visional game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it might be. It might be a field goal. Oh so small?
Speaker 4: You you back to being now one of these I ain't never think you to beat this time. No you really you know you're not a realist because.
Speaker 2: Right now, really gonna say.
Speaker 4: I done heard you saying saying some absurd things, and I'm sitting there like.
Speaker 2: That, ain't saying we're gonna lose. I said it's a divisional game.
Speaker 3: You watch it around you and I watched James wished you like said rapping him. O, Neil, your.
Speaker 1: Tell this that was impressive.
Speaker 2: You know, I get in the brown.
Speaker 1: He's like some white boy from the.
Speaker 2: White from Detroit say you know what the time chance you had one shot and you said, hell yeah, get out of here. I'm saying that we're gonna win the game.
Speaker 3: I just divisional games, man, I just you know, freaking stuff can happen indivisional guy.
Speaker 2: But I ain't trying to you talk and tell stuff. No, it ain't talk wagging wagging? Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Talk?
Speaker 2: James? Ain't like you because I'm using the one that I'm using, the one that's being you being safe. So why are you mad at me? For me? It's because it ain't it ain't. It ain't time to be saying no more. Got right here? Oh? He asked, was like, it's gonna be a one game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it should you, James, I can't believe.
Speaker 2: You gonna damn one score a game with the damn Oh my god, I just know vision.
Speaker 1: I'm so suppeakious, bro. You know I understand that it's a possibility. And the Giants are good football team. Yes, we all we understand that. I just think that after we playing, after being a little sluggish in the red zone this last week, they are going to be locked in. Man. Jade's going to be a weak healthier. They cannot put up a lot of points offensively. Our defense is playing better, way better, way better.
Speaker 3: So what if they put in their secret whip Tyrod Taylor the veato.
Speaker 2: Happened in this week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, very I feel good. It's gonna be more than one.
Speaker 4: I stopped checking my things off. Jason too, I see every time I stay say.
Speaker 2: It right now? Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Missed this one. I missed the I missed the belief this time.
Speaker 2: Alkay? All right?
Speaker 1: Brian Robinson out rushes David Montgomery. Well, yeah, was I sleeping for the David Montgomery doesn't play for the Giants.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, Dave Montgomery don't play for the Giants, play for the Lions.
Speaker 1: R Okay, I just want to make sure. Yeah, okay, Oh it's a typo.
Speaker 6: Okay, So let's mess up to you talking about even though Jason the best producer in the business, he Missedingsbury discussion it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm used to man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're talking about why I'm wearing shorts. All right, So I actually Dave Montgomery's kind of a beast though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they've been giving the ball to Tracy a lot more. But I think he got hurt these games as.
Speaker 1: Okay. So the Giants running back is Singletary, Yes, Andy and Tracy so okay, So Robinson versus Devin Singletary and let's go Trace, let's put them both together.
Speaker 3: Did he have a had one hundred and thirty plus yours last time we played them run?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, but also Tyrone Tracy just had one hundred and forty five night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm gonna go I'm gonna go hell yes on this one because.
Speaker 1: You need Okay, this is a two part thing. So when it's saying our defense needs to be stot against the run, which while they're improved at times, still shows up that they're they're still working through something. Yeah, and then obviously be Robin needs to get a lot of touches, which means we need to be getting first downs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in ahead of the sticks.
Speaker 3: So I almost say yes, Brian Robinson does because of one person, be Oddish.
Speaker 2: Has launched numbers.
Speaker 3: Now he does, so I'm going to say yes, he goes over one hundred.
Speaker 1: The other thing I wanted to bring up to.
Speaker 4: Say yes too, because we didn't. We didn't run be robbing the second half. I don't know what for and he was kind of hot about it last week. I mean I saw him and saw him in a tuttle and he was he was happy, but hey, I don't want to see that.
Speaker 1: He also think sometimes game flow, we had a couple of three and outs, nothing crazy because we're backed up, tough situations to be in. Maybe didn't get into the flow of the offense the way Cliff likes to do and get multiple guys in. So that might be the reason why. Also, oh, Line's a little bit banged up. Health is an issue.
Speaker 2: You need to run more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Big Luke's kind of banged up, you know, Brandon Coleman's coming off the concussion. I think the starting five there could be potentially an issue because again, one of the great things about that group is that they've all worked so well. Yeah, yeah, they've just worked incredibly together. So now I don't know, I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say hell no. I think we're in the game, but I'm gonna say hell no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they are gonna give you no flat and say hell now you are none believed.
Speaker 1: I always say hell no.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, somebody's running, you know, rushing. I'm gonna go ahead, Yes, and I think you're wrong, like usually.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate that. Yes, all right, the commanders stay locked in, keep their composure after a crazy hell Mary winning.
Speaker 3: Yes, cause this was perfect coaching tape we did. We lived so much.
Speaker 1: So glad you said that that's your best take of the day, because I best take of the day, because when you go back and watch the film, you're kind of like, oh my god, you're right.
Speaker 3: Hey he did like a licky you know how you take your link on a five five hour ain't.
Speaker 2: Losing his mind?
Speaker 1: You your cheetail.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did and had me up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyway, so best because there were some things that need to be corrected, you know, a lot of stuff, penalties in the red zones, some run fits, some coverage stuff.
Speaker 2: Defensive run stuff.
Speaker 1: But you can do it in a win. You feel good about it, feel good about it. So I'm really glad you said that. I'm gonna say hell yeah for Fred's reasoning right there.
Speaker 4: I say hell yeah, because they've shown that before this year, you know what I mean. We've been in situations where we got, we snuck. We snuck one last time against them at home, and the next week they came back and showed you just how they're going to go out there and and handle a duble performance like they did the week before.
Speaker 2: So I said, hell yah, yeah, hell yeah for me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously we're excited about this game, the divisional game head up to MetLife got a lot of bad juju to work out there. This staff does not care about bad juju. They don't care about the history of that kind of stuff. They want to win meaningless football games. Yeah, and they're going to find a way to get this done. Can't wait to watch it. If you like the show, please make sure you're liking, subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, and obviously you're watching us on YouTube. Please continue to do that. And that's it, Hey Noah. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.