Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Everybody? Welcome to this Thursday afternoon edition of Trent and trend in Train.
Speaker 1: No exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm here Miles Gray and the Place to Be with my guest co host today, mister Andrew t. How you doing, Andrew?
Speaker 3: Very very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very to have you. Yeah, very great to have you too. More Man, really good to see you, really good to have you here. I think it's time to tell people what's trending today on this Thursday, April and eighteenth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: First, how do you keep his voice? Up? Dog? What's up? Smooth? Smooth? Miles Gray? What's up? Dog? You got me to say it? That's a classic. Do people say two CDs anymore? No?
Speaker 4: You probably don't say two CDs anyone? You have Dodd, No, No Island.
Speaker 3: My very first interaction when I moved to New York as a child was with some street youths who yelled metzer Yankees, mets a Yankees, I don't know, I guess Yankees.
Speaker 1: They said yank Yankees nuts, and then they called me the N word and they ran away and you yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And then but then you felt like you're like, damn damn they fuck with me heavy huh?
Speaker 3: Like that the genuine question for them? What was the Mets answer?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. Is that the hack you completely make that bit fall apart?
Speaker 1: Their Matt's like a fuck you man. Yeah, then it's like fuck you whether the just.
Speaker 4: Joke exactly, you're somehow in a standing triangle choke and you're you're seeing start anyway, Well, here New York to talk about what's trending. Let's talk about the man who loves a Cadillac Margarita, Quentin Tarantino. Apparently he's scrapped.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. Okay, like I thought, you already make ten fucking movies? Is I'm making ten? And I'm out? No, they made a big deal about it.
Speaker 3: He made a big deal about this one, right, okay, because it's the new one.
Speaker 1: Once upon a time was nine? Correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we don't count true romance because obviously he didn't direct that shit.
Speaker 1: We get that, we get it, we get it.
Speaker 4: Although do we count the fact didn't he didn't he do one of like the vignettes in Four Rooms.
Speaker 1: Isn't also like the thing he must have? I don't think he counts that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean just thank god we didn't get a Star Trek movie where everyone says the N word for some reason.
Speaker 1: Ye, somehow he's He's.
Speaker 4: Like no, But it's cool, man, because they can say it, and then I can say it when I'm playing the character.
Speaker 1: You know, if he's actually it means something different. That's what it says. Man. Okay, that's the only thing that's same in the future. Say it exactly that in Cadillac Margarita's.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I remember I saw a screening of Kill Bill two where he did like an open for it at arc Light at the time, and he was drinking so many Cadillac Margarita's at that bar. I was like it kind of like like it bummed me out more than just being like just seeing him in person. Yeah, you kind of just he has to have like a Toms right after he gets off stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with a like read him like my read him. Man, Hey, what's up man? You like the movie? Coo bro cool? Cool? Cool?
Speaker 4: But yeah, the tenth movie was supposed to be called the movie Critic about critic in the seventies who wrote movie reviews, you.
Speaker 1: Know for Porno Rag. That's that's pretty cool, man. If it was about that that kind of that kind of bad.
Speaker 4: And again the tenth and final film before we are released from this this hell.
Speaker 1: That are Tarantino movies going on this long?
Speaker 4: And if it was gonna have Brad Pitt, but now apparently it's not happening at all, Like the production was delayed, there were rewrites, and now he's just a weird Jimsey.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm probably doing something else now, So here we are. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Oh, producer Victor saying he already did ten wait, but I know that he doesn't count all the installments of kill Bill either, right.
Speaker 1: I think he says that's one movie, right, that's one movie.
Speaker 4: And then what was that one about the with with Holly Hunter and Shit in the Woods that.
Speaker 1: I didn't want either. I don't know. I'm kind of burned out on I.
Speaker 4: Know, I know it should just be not it should just be a TikTok profile that's all feet and just that's his movie.
Speaker 1: That's probably what he's just like, we don't talking about feet in that society. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh the Hateful Eight. That's the one I was thinking of, is the one with Holly Hunter in that?
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's Jennifer Deason Lee, oh god face complete.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't, I don't, I don't know where.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's such a sliding scale that again, like I'm even exhausted trying to even figure out, like what we're counting as ten because you want to there.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Listen, just to round out his uvra.
Speaker 3: This is for la only, but he should do the animated story of the happy foot sad foot sign oh from from the silver like pediatrist or whatever.
Speaker 4: The fun that was right, exactly like this, there's a story there, man, and somehow it's him just using the N word a bunch, playing a character.
Speaker 1: And like, well and not him he can say it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, He's like, but you're voicing the foot, Quinton, you can't talk.
Speaker 1: I am wearing black face. He's like, but I thought you're playing a foot. Yeah, under that's what people don't know. So yeah.
Speaker 4: Apparently this was also going to be like a pseudo sequel to Once upon a Time in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: With Brad Pitt's reprising his stunt man role.
Speaker 4: Whatever, okay, cool man, just let us know when you're done, bro, Hey man, let me know what you're done in there all right, so somebody else.
Speaker 3: Can get a chance to make a movie love Love a new story about not finishing a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, right right, you know what, I'm gonna throw this out there. I don't finish movies all the time. I'm not finishing a movie right now. Right. Although, when we were having lunch, you had some some pretty fun ideas. I just said, I was like, broly, come to this is this is Yeah, next time there's a big.
Speaker 3: A big special or a big contest, it'll just be come get the saltiest lunch possible with Miles and Andrew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly where the saltiest lunch, and we will be very salty.
Speaker 1: I'm not recovering.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, I'm my insides are preserved in salt basically.
Speaker 1: But hey, that's I do it for posterity's sake.
Speaker 4: So when they come like sift through the ashes of the nuclear problems of Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: He oh, he must have been some sort of lord to have been preserved like this.
Speaker 4: This guy was eating a lot of catfish nuggets. I'll tell you that based on the all content in here, nature is trending because apparently now the concept of nature is getting a credit for music. Works, sure, so end of the world type shit. So like you know Missy Elliott's the Rain, you know there's rain sound in there. The bes blackbird or rather, I'm sorry, Beyonce's song Blackbird. Uh you know also had black like act literal blackbird sounds in it. But now I can't I guess Nature has listened as an official artist on Spotify and like Apple Music and other platforms. So artists who this is so stupid, Artists who use natural sounds can choose to credit Nature as a featured performer, okay, and quote a share of their profits will be distributed to environmental causes, which, sure the idea is nice, but like we also know for what artists get paid per stream, it might come out to a pittance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and right, like literally less than the like electricity. It takes the cold that you burn to make electricity to create a new entry in your Spotify databased system called nature. Yeah, exactly going to be covered by this.
Speaker 4: So grim but yeah, I like we'll see what the money.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't know if money.
Speaker 4: If nature develops like a coke habit because of all the money it starts, suddenly comes.
Speaker 1: Into you know what I mean? And then none of those funds go to the causes. You've gotta you gotta save up.
Speaker 3: I know, Nature, it seems like you're gonna be like you're gonna just gonna be coming in forever, but you got to plan for the future Nature, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Dude, non stop. You gotta no, dude. We're crashing a fucking lambo for fucking fun, bro.
Speaker 4: You know why because I can get a fucking other would do fucking printing money right now.
Speaker 3: So the thing with the lambos though, is like those are also aren't so great for you, man, What do you mean they're fucking bothers?
Speaker 1: Fuck dude. Every time I hop into like nature and then I'm like, Wes, we crashed this shit because I'm high on ketymene. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's fucking chill, dude. And then you know, maybe we could fucking do some TUSI you know what I mean. Fucking did you see? Another thing is did you see how like a lot of a lot of journalists don't know what TuS is, like the drug like, let it's two c be And people were writing like in these like Diddy documents, They're like they're on a street drug called pink cocaine or tuc You're like, you are.
Speaker 1: You around people that do drugs at all? At all?
Speaker 3: I do you think it is just sort of like a reverse because they're definitely around people that do drugs and don't want to be like whoa nice pull there, Eric, Yeah, they just have to be like, oh what is this?
Speaker 1: No, then you're like, are y'all fucking dumb? Do you not talk to people? Do you not know what's going on?
Speaker 4: And then and then be like, hey man, I got tuosy on deck though you know what I mean, it'll be it's kind of like an acid trip without like the like the spiritual shit, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: A fuck with me?
Speaker 4: Or Sassin crass man, that's that Sass is coming back in a big way too.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, no one's a journalist anymore, so I don't how would I know. I've never met one of these people. Yeah, and in a way, we're all journalists. If there are no if no one's a journal journalist, then we're all journalists. That's equally journalists is exactly thing.
Speaker 4: And then also Google really doing bang up job by firing twenty eight employees after multi city protests over the project nimbus Uh sort of cloud computing agreement that was reached between Google, Amazon, and the Israeli government. We saw a lot of people wearing t shirts saying Googlers against genocide, and there were like a bicoastal ten hour sit in protests that occurred, and turns out Google had no time for that and just basically fired all of the people that were involved, even people that weren't actually directly participating in the sit ins. They're just like, Nope, they're being disruptive and they're making coworkers feel threatened. So I mean, we don't do that. And you're like, yeah, we get it. Someone people were going against the status quo vocally in your company, and you can't have reminding you.
Speaker 3: If you feel threatened by someone sitting in and asking for peace, that is a you problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm like, what were they like holding knives to your neck or something like that. They were sitting down and they're saying, we will not be sitting Marty to genis down.
Speaker 1: Interesting? Interesting? Were they getting in your face? Well?
Speaker 4: No, they were saying like they were disrupting people's ability to work. I don't know if they were trying to like physically do that or just because they were, you know, having a sit in protest.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, I guess this is how pr has to work. I'm a little surprised that the organization that organized this, the No Tech for Apartheid, seems, at least in their statement, to be like expressing surprise that these people were fired. And maybe I'm reading between too many lines and that's just how you have to state it. But yeah, obviously Google supports fucking jenocide. Yeah, nothing is more obvious to be in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if they're not doing good when they whatever was it, don't do evil or whatever, they're fucking pseudo motto do much evil? Yeah, do as much do evil to the point of a google plex the mathematic concept a lot. I mean, yeah, these they were clearly don't be evil. Thank you Brian the editor for saving me from looking characteristic. Yeah, but in terms and conditions, In terms and conditions apply, terms and conditions apply, the terms being how big is the contract worth? But yeah, I mean, at the very least, it's clear that it's retaliatory because we're seeing this all across America. You know, the other day we're talking about the USC valedictorian who will not be giving a speech, a commencement speech because they are so vocal about you know, Palestinian liberation that they said, oh, we can't have them speak because it's like it's going to be a danger like to them, Well, we can't say, but that's just what we're going to say to silence who might have something to say. Yep, interesting times, but asking for peace is seen as incendiary, and I get there. If you want to really be nuanced about there are people who may be saying things that are maybe a little more problematic than others. But what it's what for really distilling it down to what the real what we're most people are talking about here is we're talking about peace. We're talking about unneeded death. We're talking about not financing uh, you know, further violence through our hard earned money.
Speaker 3: And if and if the people in the you know, near the thing, you know, involved nearby, I have said things that are incendiary. On the other side of things, people the vast majority of people openly support not just words, but fucking everything that's incendiary, right, It's not fucking close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's what's going on, all right, So let's take a quick break. We'll be back to learn about some I promise there's good news. There is good news at the end. We have good news for y'all. I swear to God, and we will be with it right.
Speaker 1: After this and we're back.
Speaker 4: Maga media was trending because our old friend, what's his name, Brian Glenn as or as we colloquially lovingly know him as ass Eyes, Marjorie Taylor Green's boyfriend. He he talks in a very serious I'm not even call it news channel, just weird propaganda liberal like sip, liberal tears news site, quote unquote, and you know, he was in New York City just kind of trying to figure out what's going on with the Trump trial, and he was hit with a very very shocking revelation as him and his news crew for following Trump from Philadelphia New York City and just said, I don't I don't know if we're in New York because it's.
Speaker 1: So messed up, or I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'll let Brian Glenn just described to you with the sensation of him being a conservative in New York City.
Speaker 5: You know, the city and kind of staying around this area for the most part, I gotta say I thought I would see more homeless situation here. I thought I would see a little bit more chaos on the streets than what you know from what I've been told and what I see as much as I thought I would, so at least if it may or maybe Mayor Eric Adams has cleaned up certain parts of the city, perhaps or maybe that's been shifted to other areas of the city. But from what I see that, you know, you still have some of the I would say, you know people that have you know, mental illness walking the streets, not homes, but mental illness walking the street, yelling at people.
Speaker 4: And I love the fucking Wazi nuance he's trying to fucking use here, Like I mean, there are some I don't know if it's Eric at wait, don'tn't give a black guy credit, or maybe they just went to another part of the His circuits are fully fucking fried, because you can tell this guy has truly been just mainlining just fucking conservative bullshit about cities like especially that are Democrat liberal cities. And he's, like, I gotta say, I was not knifed by someone in a clown suit.
Speaker 3: It's so I mean, look, this has been said a million times, but it is wild. How like basic normal cowardly These like Republican like tough guys are right, it's so weird. They're like they are like cartoon cowards. It's like fucking like Wizard of Oz type level of coward. They were like, really this is You're afraid of it? Ah, you thought this would be a thing, Yeah, huh he did.
Speaker 4: He did balance it out though by you know, raising the fear mongering levels too. But I mean, like I did see Hispanic males together, and I did see a lot of people quote who have come from West Africa and Northern Africa and just packs. If you would, he said, if you would, as if he was going to like lighten the racism with his like fucking quad SI formal speech.
Speaker 1: Uh, if you would? And I'm sorry, Oh, and can you name?
Speaker 4: Can you name five countries in North Africa or West Africa?
Speaker 1: I mean there's Africa.
Speaker 4: Why there's West Africa, South Afric, North Africa, and East Africa. The four countries of Africa. I figured it out, Frank Glenn, We're blessed We're blessed the funnily I could hear like what him and Marjorie Taylor Green do in their private time, Like what kind of you think? Hey, honey, I was in New York City and it was I couldn't I think I think we might have it wrong?
Speaker 1: No, he can they? I mean, yeah, obviously, no, I don't envy.
Speaker 3: I assume you guys end up seeing a lot of these like broadcasts from like fake made up like news.
Speaker 1: Channels like this.
Speaker 3: I was just like like, oh, PN right, that's the big one.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch oh I know, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just so weird. I'm just like, this is it's like it looks fake. It's shocking.
Speaker 4: I know it's I know it's it's because I can't believe it myself.
Speaker 1: But whenever you see they all a lot of people do have.
Speaker 4: It's because some of these, you know, like Fox News is based in New York, so those people like are they know they know what New York is.
Speaker 1: These other people are.
Speaker 4: Just like, hey, I got my shot screaming racist ship on Facebook Live.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now I wear a suit and do it in a completely slightly more professional looking way. But no, real producers, no real understanding of what news is.
Speaker 3: Where it just like you can download the perfect package that's like basic.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. Yeah, yeah, we've seen those lower thirds. Come on now, come on, Yeah, any fool could make that, dude, I guess it's so weird. I know it's but again.
Speaker 4: And there's so many people who like like would prefer this because came to the thing where like Fox wasn't unhinged enough for them. So now I got to go to a guy who's like having a crisis in a park like in midtown being like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where are they?
Speaker 3: I mean the ad was a little like shit, Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 4: Brazil is trending because there's a clip of a woman who was caught on camera this week in Rio de Janeiro, where she attempted to secure a thirty four hundred dollars loan from a bank. The twist here being is that she appeared with a corpse in a wheelchair that was her uncle. I believe that had passed away just mirror, like an hour or two before, and I think she decided, sorry, he's nice and wimber. Yeah, the rigor mortis has not set in. It's this woman I this is I don't know what to make of this. She really came into this bank with a corpse in a wheelchair and be like, come on now, use use the use the pen. In the second she stopped supporting the head. It's like slumped back. It's like, okay, whoops, okay, I'm not doing that anymore, so let me hold the head up. Let me put your hand on the paper. She's like looking at the bank of like does does he have can I sign for him? And it's a it's a wild one. It's a wild one. The internet is doing what they do with all the.
Speaker 3: Weeknd surprisingly calm, all things considered. I guess, yeah, how how freaked out should anyone be? But it is very like quiet. It's just a quiet Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like, in a way, like the calm of the bank tellers suggest like they've seen everything. But god, you know what I mean, there's no They're like, oh we got another one, well yeah, get your phone out, and they're huh okay, so yeah, let's call the police.
Speaker 1: Let's call the police. I guess what are you supposed to do?
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, the whole thing is much quieter than I have would imagine any would have ever imagined any version of this situation would be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's there's clearly a lot going on in this clip, but yeah, y'all, Weekend at Bernie's.
Speaker 1: That only worked in a movie.
Speaker 4: Most of the time, you will know if you are looking into the lifeless face of a corpse.
Speaker 3: Also, a lot of a lot of stuff they try to pass off in movies on green like just doesn't work when there's a sense of smell anywhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Brian the editor just said the glasses would have been clutched there. Think you at the very least need to show that if the lenses are dark enough, you don't know if they're opening post but shut with a with a slack John Grim stuff. Now here's the good news, and I can't believe for many of us we have in the United States, we have heard that the bee populations are declining, and we've been trying to figure out what is going on. But guess what we have now seen that we have a record number of B colonies in the United States three point.
Speaker 1: Eight million B colonies. Y'all. We did it give it up.
Speaker 4: We fucking did it give it up to hey, give it up for y'all. Man, give it up to all the people who you.
Speaker 1: Know, myself included.
Speaker 4: Rather than looking at a beehive and being like, you need to get rid of that shit. Now, you call the people who come to like, yo, we'll take that shit. You'll take that shit and we'll do good with it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I've now seen several like instagrams and tiktoks and whatnot of people.
Speaker 1: Who just like I didn't realize, is it like just a type of bee?
Speaker 3: They just reached their hand in a beehive at school, like their bare ass hands, I know, and pull out bees.
Speaker 1: I did not think that was humanly possible. I did not either, And I know, like it must be like a vibe thing.
Speaker 3: Or they just get smoked down right before and that that's not on camera.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: It is the most like viscerally upsetting thing I've ever seen on the internet.
Speaker 1: Don't checkt me on that. Yeah yeah yeah, but yeah, like it's it's it's I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Every time I see that, I'm like, okay, as long as you're chill about it. But I'm like, isn't that like the last place you want to fuck around is like a beehive.
Speaker 3: No, they'll be like rooting around in the beehive, be like, oh, there's the queen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pick it up.
Speaker 3: And I was under the understanding that the queen was the thing they were most upset about, being.
Speaker 1: Right to it.
Speaker 4: And they're like, I'm gonna put it in this little chicktat case uh an altoid box, and then I'll put it in the new hive and then they will all move there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, y'all, weren't you supposed to isn't that you aren't supposed to protect the seems crazy to me? Whatever? What lots of bear lore? All my bear lores right out the window?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, weren't we told it's that it doesn't get through their thick first ship.
Speaker 1: Yeahs ain't ship. Bees ain't ship, ain't ship. You know that.
Speaker 4: There's a whole rap song to wasps. Maybe I'm all in all wasps. But yeah, thank god that enough people became uh interested in the bee hives.
Speaker 1: Uh, I know it's like that. I mean, that can't be the solute. That can't have been.
Speaker 3: It can't have been why they were the population was declining because there weren't enough.
Speaker 1: It could be that.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously the one the best way is like you create the habitats for bees to thriving in two like you know what I mean, Like that that that encourages pollinators to come through. Like so a lot of people who especially like in La where people like get rid of your fucking lawn and start putting in native plants. That like promotes shit like insects coming through and like birds and shit. That also helps. I don't have time to dig into all of the analysis, but yeah, because I was so I was so turned up on the fact because I felt like I remember two thousand and eight. Around two thousand and eight is when I everyone was like, yo, man, with the fucking bees, bro the fucking and I was like, we're the fucking bees too, right, We're without these pollinators, We're done.
Speaker 1: I don't think the reason for us to.
Speaker 4: Keep our foot off the proverbial gas, but hey, at least a good check in that actual positive strides have been made with the big colony increase. So look, take that into your weekend. Andrew, thank you so much for joining me.
Speaker 1: We're going to be.
Speaker 4: Back tomorrow with a whole brand new episode for you to check out. And yeah, until then, take care of yourselves, take care of each other, take care of the bees.
Speaker 1: You know, get the vaccine and.
Speaker 4: You know, just and please don't do nothing about any kind of hatred or racism, like be a voice for good please, because we need more of that, you know what I mean. I want to be able to read a story that says, not only did our bee population increase, but our population of present and active engaged citizens has also increased too. Then we can rest, all right, We would talk to y'all later.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 3: Peace,