Speaker 1: Magic.
Speaker 2: Johnson spoke about what Luca and Lebron must do to win a title, and he had this to say about Luca. Luca got to understand, this is not Dallas. We shouldn't have to tell you to be in shape. You should have already been about that, right, especially when you are a super.
Speaker 1: Slyly lamb Baby. They don't play that. No, they ain't. They they ain't. The ain't about none but championships.
Speaker 2: Oh r.
Speaker 1: So they are.
Speaker 2: And every superstar, every superstar that's come Bear has given them a championship.
Speaker 1: Will Kareem Shaq, Lebron.
Speaker 2: Anthony Davis, every superstar that they've gotten has delivered them a championship. I'm not talking to the guys that they drafted. Obviously, you know, Magic got them a championship, Kobe got them a draft championship, but.
Speaker 1: They didn't trade obviously. Shocked was a free agent.
Speaker 2: But every every superstar that's come and if we want to classify ID as a superstar, so being I don't want to pick about that, but I'm just saying, every big, big time player, free agent that's come to the Lakers has delivered the championship.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's gotta deliver it. You think Luca has a chance to deliver, Yeah, if he can.
Speaker 2: You gotta stay in shape, stay healthy.
Speaker 1: I think that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 3: I'm I wouldn't even say to stay in shape part, I'll say to stay healthy.
Speaker 1: Part? What what? What caused? What? Call?
Speaker 2: What caused you to get what caused you to get injured? When you out of shape? Because when you out of shape, guess what happens? You pull things?
Speaker 1: And you can be in shape and still get hurt. Now I can't.
Speaker 2: But why does he look every year? He looks like he's dragging them out of behind his back.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: It's because he be bogged down injuries his body where his body wears down on him.
Speaker 1: He's a phenomenal And I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: And people see sometimes, don't yo, people just look at the end result. Well, look at the numbers that he's putting up. Right, But why does it look like?
Speaker 1: I mean? And you see he got tape, He got canisio tape.
Speaker 2: All on his back, all his shoulders, everything he getting hold Yeah with chicken white mess tape.
Speaker 3: I have a question to you, know, Yes, when you lose waiting in your game weight.
Speaker 1: Does it change his game?
Speaker 3: Will it change the game in the style of play, the way he plays a game not having that extra weight, Will he still be able to do some of the things that he does as far as using his body, you know, to play?
Speaker 1: Or no? I don't think so, O Joe.
Speaker 2: Be because you know why, Because I mean the mass twenty five twenty six on Joe. I can see when you get look you start getting in your thirdies, you getting that old mass spread, O Joe. You know it get harder when you and your twenties. Man, you should be able to just like that. Yeah, but I'm saying I'm talking about his style of play. Will he still be able to use your body the same?
Speaker 1: Uh? Oh, Shoe if he trained properly.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, You trained properly, You trained for that, you prepare yourself for the upcoming season, whatever type of workout you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I don't think it hurt him.
Speaker 2: I think it helping because when you're getting late in the season, when you get to February March, April, man, your body is still feel strong.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I think the one thing guys have to understand it ain't just the off season that you get better, but during the season you have to maintain that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's because that's the hardest thing because when you playing every night, every other night, you know, it's hard to be like, Man, I gotta I gotta go in this weight room, I gotta I gotta throw these weights around today, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think that's the main thing, bro.
Speaker 2: Like for me Ojo, when I played, Man, I love working out before the game, Like literally before we played, two hours before, I go up and get me a nice little lift total body, you know, just to keep my body strong. So when I did get out there on the floor, you know I felt good, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean? And I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree like I said, And look when you got when you dealing with that kind of money with Jo, everybody got the chefs, everybody, everybody got personal training, everybody got physios and lucas a guy his trainer can travel with the team. I bet you they let it, just like they let Lebron. Mike Mssie is probably traveling.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all know that thing comes.
Speaker 2: It comes down to one thing, bro, that's having discipline, having it.
Speaker 1: You got to put some of them beers down.
Speaker 2: I ain't saying you gotta go cold turkey, but you can't be drinking beers every night.
Speaker 1: O Joe.
Speaker 2: After how about how about this old Joe fixed fact, not a case. That's know what I'm saying, get your fixed, nice little fixed fat hey, leading don't don't do the case. I'm just hey, hey the hookahk. They don't get the big thing on. You know what I'm saying. That's like fixed to eight people.
Speaker 3: Some of some of those habits for him are probably gonna be hard to break, especially depending on who who he has a rounding. Those those habits haven't been doing for a very long time. We all have our vices. You know, my vices cigars. But if it came down to it, if I had to stop, I can stop cold turkey when it comes to out and.
Speaker 2: Ask your question, could you stop smoking cigars doing the season for sixty million dollars?
Speaker 1: Huh? Could you stop smoking cigars during the season for Yeah? I mean I'm your thought that don't say, y'all, I'm just asking yes or no? Could you stop smoking cigars to it? Of course? Yeah? But and that's the that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Look, Look, Michael Jordan smoked cigars during the season, but Michael Jordan was a tip top peak shape. You look at the caps on his shoulder, you look at his body. Now, if Luke a if Luca, if Luca wasn't gonna wear down at the end of the year. As a matter of fact, Hell, I bring the cigars. How about with them cigars? You say, I got Tampa nuggets?
Speaker 1: Right now? I got some Tampa nugget upstead he lucious? Whatever? What? Okay? Hey, I bring it.
Speaker 2: I bring him a sixth pact, I bring it. I bring them a six pact. What you what you're drinking? Hey, look of.
Speaker 1: Course head odds of but but what what you dragging? Bod light, mick light? What you want? Hey?
Speaker 2: I know he ain't drinking, No, no, no, no, no bull, no slits ball looking, no old e liszten. So he probably drinking some niche. I think he's gonna come back in much better shape. But I think he's gonna have to maintain that throughout, you know, throughout the season.
Speaker 1: That's the toughest part. Man.
Speaker 2: I've been seeing him working out this summer, O Joe and uh so I know he hears the whispers. Believe me, he hit the whisper. He gonna come back. He gonna come back a different player for sure. Working out in the off season easy thing you can do because you got nothing but time. You know what I'm saying, O Joe, you got hey, you said that two hours a day. But it gets difficult. I mean it gets hard, man, You getting beat up. My shoulders getting sore. But I still gotta find a way to go in there and lift. I gotta bitch. I gotta do shoulder work. I gotta do leg work, I gotta do calf work. I gotta do a core work because that beating that I'm taking.
Speaker 1: And the last thing you want is the man.
Speaker 2: You trying to off injury as long as you possibly can.
Speaker 1: And you know what you get, Oh Joe, you getting nick during the season.
Speaker 2: It's hard to get healthy because you can't get no rest. You can't get proper risk. They got your ass up at the wee hours of the morning. You Hey, you can't train because you rehabbing. You do it all this training after after practice, you there two hours before meeting, getting all with you and then you get out. Then you trained, you rehab iceing and stem during lunch break Okay, you go out there, try to do too little walk through and then you got two hours after practice, so you get treating five hours a day.
Speaker 1: Remember them days?
Speaker 2: Yeah see, I know you remember the days. I remember the two fucking football. I know you can't make it through no season without lifting wasted a week, right.
Speaker 3: Especially, Hey, Joe and I could got mean young's body body type is a little different. I was small, I was I was strong as hell, so I had no choice but to lift waists to maintain my strength.
Speaker 1: It wasn't about me, no muscle joke, you know. I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't physically imposing, but I needed because the wear and tear on my body, and I was so small, I had no choice. I had no choice but the lift weights throughout the entire of the season because.
Speaker 1: I would wear down if I didn't.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to maintain my strength, and not maintain my strength to be strong, but to be able to withstand the punishment I was taking because I played reckless as hell, like a goddamn rag doll.
Speaker 2: Hey he and the position y'all playing here, y'all y'all pretty much running win sprints then entire Yeah, bas I was already undersized. I only weighed too twenty eight. Yeah, I weighed too twenty eight. So I had to be I had to be strong, strong, and I held I held on till for about till about week thirteen.
Speaker 1: That was why things started cuting down all of a sudden. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, like I said, I thought it longer. It was the same thing with basketball, though. Think about it, when you put when you got back to backs and you playing four games and five nights, man, you still got a fire. I ain't saying you gotta go on there and squat no. Four hundred pounds, but you gotta go in there and keep the body strong, you know, because when you go threat through that rigorous season for six to eight months, Bro, if you not lifting weights every week, your body is gonna break down.
Speaker 1: That's just the way. Yeah yep.
Speaker 2: And as you get older, the thing that I like that you know, might look like, hey, don't work a I was only on one to day practices, O joe, Hey, go get your lift in. I was able to get my a practice in the morning, lift in the afternoon, kept me kept me gooding fresh. Hey, make sure I got my workout Monday after the game. Got Tuesday was all about me what I wanted to do. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday I was off. I ain't doing no once Thursday was rolled around. Hey, I'm more lifting for the climent.
Speaker 1: We're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I go. I go Monday through Thursday. Damn for days, four straight days.
Speaker 1: O Joe boy. Hey, hey, one good thing? What that heye? Good thing? I find down this.
Speaker 2: When I was playing in Brooklyn, Uh, playing with Kevin gartnet Man, we used to get these lifts in after the game, right after the game. It may be a one center, but your one center may be like fifteen twenty reps. It may be like four or five exercises. That way, you know, you don't went through that game. Now you lift that weight them weight, so in the morning when you wake up, you don't have Atlantic acid. Just sit you know what I mean, You have a little pop for you. Kevin Garnet told me that. He said he got it from Dennis Rodman, and every since bro I had been doing it. Now I left Brooklyn and when I got to Miami. Hell, everybody was in the weight room after the game. D Wade U d Everybody's in there, I said, Man listen. It was just a great environment to be in. But that's one thing I can give athletes, bro especially hoopers, after game, you should get you a good a good lifting. It ain't gotta be heavy, just something nice to keep the body torn and strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie Joe after game that Monday morning. I mean, I oh, y'all so bad by shoulders, by shoulders, aching, so bad bad by the by elbows, by.
Speaker 1: These especially if you come off playing on that turf.
Speaker 2: So Joe, oh yo, I don't know if you had if y'all, if you when you got to lead that did everybody had astro turf because by that time they had started to transition the field turf. But I was playing when they had that real that sement with that with turf rolled over the top of it down. I gotta understand, man, y'all playing a gladiator sport. The contact that y'all got, that's like a car wreck, you know what I'm saying. Every time you collide with somebody like that's that's gotta be rigorous.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: They So after y'all play on Sunday, what y'all probably don't have to report the practice to win.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, Yeah, Monday Monday, you go and watch you watch film on Monday in the sum time. They give you a victory victory Monday where you don't gotta go on, so you.
Speaker 2: Play like you don't have to. Yeah, you just go get your own lyft, you know, you do your own thing. That's that's what. But I was it didn't matter. I'm always I remember we played Miami on a Monday night. Oh Joe, we got back at we got back at like five, like five thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm as well going to get me a work out and get it. Got it out of the way. I got got the way.
Speaker 2: That was the only that's really the only time that I didn't come back over there that Tuesday.
Speaker 1: I got my work out in. I always Tuesday was my workout there in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Knockout, so all light song, get all the dirt out my shoes and stuff, vacuuate out. I did that, went home. That was it for the day. But I had to get that work. I had to get that work in, man, I just I just had to. I didn't feel right if I didn't left. I got to get try to get somebody sword in this out because like you said, now West Coast off is the tight ends. He does a lot of running and you know, sometimes you catch more pass than the other. But hey, you gonna get that block it in because TV back there, TV gonna get his touch, a TV gonna get twenty five thirty.
Speaker 1: K Hey listen.
Speaker 2: So in basketball this is about equivalent to about a love of three miles right a game, especially if you want him to head hit us and you're playing top minutes and football because y'all playing wide receiver tight end, it's a bunch of sprints.
Speaker 1: How many sprints you think y'all running a game? Oh lord, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: Uh probably, let's see. Let's just say, oh, Joe, you catch ten passes? Now you called it? It all depends on how many how many plass plays we have. We might have twenty five, we might have thirty, we might have thirty five. Now, some you running a shallow cross, some you run a flat route, some you're running a spit, some you running a scene. So for me, I would say probably twenty hundred yards threats. That's a lot, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you actually think it sounds like a lie. But you gotta think. Yes, each play is three seconds full five seconds, three seconds full speed, Yeah seconds full speed rest. So it's it's a continuous it's especially if if you're in shape and shape, well, man, you good.
Speaker 2: And even if you in shape in shape, guess what you a? You runned that too many drill and let it throw you a couple of passes in a row right into that. Hey, get in there. Oh check this out. Speaking of lifting, Joe, we got to talk about the video Oh Joe posted this morning?
Speaker 3: Oh playing with it? Oh, well, I forgot. I forgot about that this morning.
Speaker 1: Man. If the bar touches ches now I gotta touch a chance, it don't count.
Speaker 2: What don't count? If the bar does not touch your chest, it does not count. Hey, don't nobody touch my chest.
Speaker 1: But my own.
Speaker 2: If that bar does not touch your chest, it does not count. As who said the bitch press? Look that Google, Hey, look at the definition of a bitch press.
Speaker 1: Hold.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't care what the I don't care what the definition of the bench press is.
Speaker 1: You ain't finna change. Oh, just you don't do it?
Speaker 3: Nobody, that's ain't no rep. I'm benching. How I see fitting while I look the way I do.
Speaker 1: No, no rep, no rep.
Speaker 2: Hey you saw how hey, listen they stay with me. You see how slow, how easy and slow. I'm gonna I'm gonna do three fifteen next week for you too. I bet you done, and listen, I'm oh I can do three fifteen.
Speaker 1: What you talk about, cat, easy idea that you ain't doing like three four reps? I only did five. That's all I want to do. I just want to. I just to your chest, touch your chest. I just want to see if I still had it. Hey, but Tinny's too big. I can't. I can't tell.
Speaker 2: I can't tell my chest I got I just got him done. Uh uh kala, Labar said, shouting sharp nightcat tell him doesn't count as a full rep.
Speaker 1: Bard needs to get into the chest.
Speaker 2: This is how I know those dumbbells you were lifted the other day had to be fake struggling with two twenty five?
Speaker 1: Agree you gotta touch that bar to your chest or don't count. I gonna have to. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't have to do nothing. I was supposed to follow the NFL rules. I ain't followed nain one, so I ain't. I'm the Barden not touching my chest. Y'all just mad. Y'all not stronger than me?
Speaker 1: How about that? I don't know, they might not be. I don't know. You're not talking to me.
Speaker 2: So I we we lift the same amount of weight. What do you talk about? Whatever you do I can do. I tell you what. I tell you what I do. I tell you what I do. I bet you fifty nine hundred. Whatever you max, I rep it. Whatever you fact file rep bet let matter of fact, double or nothing, double double lets double, okay, bet whatever you max, fiule repid.
Speaker 1: Hey, this was just you.
Speaker 2: This is what you fail to realize. I just look like this. I don't give a damn what you look like. I'm just as strong as you are. Whatever you max, I will rep it. All right, all right, all right, okay, if you saw me with two chains, I'll talk about with no with no warman. I just went in there did two twenty five fifteen times.
Speaker 1: That's what I just did. I just walked into the gym and did two twenty five for high ref and then put your chair up.
Speaker 2: Huh. All I've said is whatever you max three fifteen, three fifty, whatever you max, I'll rep it.
Speaker 1: Man, you don't want no smoke, Yeah I do. I want all that. I don't want smoke as a battle fact. I want Joe.
Speaker 2: I want Joe one hundred dollars on top of that too. Yeah, I won't come with Joe. Hey this, I promise you. When it comes to the weight room, then they what you want.
Speaker 1: It is just what it is. I just look like this.
Speaker 3: You think because I'm small, less stature, I can't live with you lyft.
Speaker 2: I tell you what that's that same thing you can do. I'm telling the chat after chat? Do they think you could bitch with me? I don't care what the chat you have a lyft off. We gotta have a lifting fact. I can sell your hold on. Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. I'm not copy. I'm convinced you hear me. I'm not cocky. I'm convinced. Can't beat me in the weight on. Man, Joe, you can't beat me hooping. That's what I tell you, Joe. Tryna tell you what I do. I tell you what I do. Oh, Joe, this is what I do. I bet my salary to your salary.
Speaker 1: Wait, well, which job? Any job you want?
Speaker 2: You take a FN you take nine camp, you take club, shay shape, whatever job you want.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that. I like it.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, I hope my kids watching. We're gonna have a good Christmas.
Speaker 1: Hey man, Hey, I'm going the same bed.
Speaker 2: And Joe. Hey, Joe, Hey, Joe. When I'm done, well, I'm gonna have me your property. Joe.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what? Hey, yead that the way?
Speaker 2: Let me see that TV because I want to get that TV center. I won't let my I would I.
Speaker 1: Was, I want to.
Speaker 2: I won't by guy to come in there when you're gonna sen that ev Hey, you would take that piano cause don't nobody.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to play the piano, so you could take the piano with it.
Speaker 3: Hey no no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, that's that's a good. But I'm too strong though.
Speaker 3: I just look like, hey, what you're saying, and I just look like this.
Speaker 1: I just look like this.
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't even First of all, eighty four percent said me sixty.
Speaker 1: I don't know who the sixteen I don't know who. I don't know who they are. That's that's what that's what's wrong with society.
Speaker 3: We are visual creatures, so anything of size they just assume it's stronger, that that's just the way we are in society. And then people and as humans not understanding, Hey, Joe, if I'm not all yoked up the.
Speaker 1: Pig, then I'm not strong.
Speaker 2: Then you have people that are foolish in saying I'm doing one twenties and the way to faith. That's how you know, well, he's so small, we don't expect him to be able to do that eight times. I'm very strong for my sides where people don't understand, Joe.
Speaker 1: That's why I know.
Speaker 3: If me and it was a tussle, I'm folding like a long shell.
Speaker 1: Bad. He had the laughing on me. Bad. Don't I like the competence?
Speaker 2: I definitely, I definitely love to have you as a team because I know we're gonna go out there even if we're gonna get our alf beat.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have us commit that we comate this game. But every time it's not that department. Because boy, if you no dog, he ain't like it.
Speaker 2: Boy, if you think for one second you got a chance to beat me in some basketball, boy, you lost your mind.
Speaker 1: You lost right, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Listen, I'm not I'm not I'm not Michael beasy boy, I don't care who you will.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I ain't make a busy boy. It's old show. Now it's me. It's what I do. Check check. You don't even score no more than two points. See.
Speaker 2: You might get lucky and throw throw up a hell Mary, you might make a hell marry. You look like one of them type throw up a hell married. But outside of that, you ain't score no more than too. Man, all right, man, your he gonna lift boarded me? Lord havelbersy. I can tell by the look, by the little form you just did right there. I can tell now.
Speaker 1: Hey, and you see me. Hey, listen, you see me? Hey, look washing the wrist break and I'm not gay, but I know how to break through it. Hear me. Hey, Joe, and don't know, let me turn into side. You can see it. Joe. You got that goock, you got that goose neck? Yeah? Yeah? Pa? How much is that? How much is on that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm feeling good totnight by I feel hey.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if hey, I don't know if you can see the chat earlier, y'all't know if you can see the chat earlier.
Speaker 1: But boy, I was.
Speaker 3: I was about to cry behind me, God damn glasses.
Speaker 1: Boy, what the chat? Boy?
Speaker 3: Y'all some funny people?
Speaker 1: Man, Joe, you can you see the chat?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, listen many I would try. I was holding it in so bad, man posting that chest about one.
Speaker 1: I can't see.
Speaker 2: I don't see. I can see chat As was over here crying. I wanted what everybody George laughing. I'm like, man, I gotta keep it together. I'm like, what's funny? Man As shaking her head? Tell me about she got.
Speaker 3: A Hey, that goddamn chat was fun.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I was like, Man, did I I caught off? Yeah? Yeah, m hmm yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh asked pulling something for you? O, Joe?
Speaker 1: What is it? Was that? Tracy McGrady had a take this week.
Speaker 2: He went on the young Man in the three podcasts and said, I don't think nobody had better handles than Jamal Tinsley, even Kyrie Joe.
Speaker 1: Jamal Tinsley was in my draft class.
Speaker 2: Oh one wait, Jamal Timmy, jam Jamal Chinsley. He played with all he played. I think he went to our state at mistake we did.
Speaker 1: He got handled, he got handled, He had handled Joe.
Speaker 2: He had some handlers. But I don't know, I ain't, ain't nobody got no tight though he got it. He had a tight handle, but it wasn't no Kyrie.
Speaker 1: Time out, time time out.
Speaker 3: I don't and I mean no, disrespected to the sport of basketball.
Speaker 1: Chat.
Speaker 3: I apologize, Jamal, Yeah, Msley.
Speaker 2: That's the name we knew. You probably weren't gonna know that one though, Joe, don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But but but if if McGrady say he's better than than than than he is saying handle, he said handles, okay, okay, So he had the same type.
Speaker 2: Of yeah, yeah, he say the Max bag with him like he I don't know, I don't know if he was empreditions like Kyrie, but he had a nice handle.
Speaker 1: He had a nice handle.
Speaker 2: He was he was a big point guard too, like he would post stuff from time to time. But to say his handle was better than Kyrie, that's a stretch, bro Okay, Yeah, big stretch Kyrie.
Speaker 3: And and for me, I relate everything in soccer terms. To me, Kyrie's creativity is similar to that of of of Nymar and Ronaldinho. You know, he's he's a magician with the ball. They are magicians with the.
Speaker 1: Ball and not not not in the gym, playing around, I'm talking.
Speaker 3: About in game where it's you can't make a mistake. When you try to pull certain moves off, you have to excuse it. And every time they do do it, man, they do it with with just I mean, hey.
Speaker 2: Look, because it's really read and react some of the stuff that them dudes do, or even us as athletes, that we do in the game. A lot of times you're reading and reacting. So it may be he may pull something off that you've never practiced before.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You may pull something out you've never practiced before, but it's just reading reacts, so you know, it just kind of comes to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I said, he played against him, but it's hard for me to believe. And I've seen a lot of guys have the ball. ISAA Thomas could pat the rock, is said, Thomas was the first guy I'm talking about. I'm talking about Isaiah will come up the court. You literally doing this right here? Da da da dah. Watch him in the All Star Uh White Chocolate had handles. I've never seen anybody have having by Kyrito.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jason Jason Jason Wibb was very entertaining with that ball in his dance. Boy, for sure, very entertained with that ball in his hand.
Speaker 2: You can't be worried about having no turnovers or making the mistakes playing like that though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seeing them dudes, yeah, they play free, they have fun.
Speaker 2: Hey, they let loose. You know, a lot of guys ain't willing to take them chances. Some of them chances, those dudes, some of them chances those dudes take doing the game, man, Bill, No, you canna get your ass snatched up out the game. Absolute there you go.
Speaker 3: They'll pull your coach and pull you out. Hell yeah, man, if you wait, I'm somebody in the NBA.
Speaker 1: If you ain't, oh Joe, if you out there you ain't, you ain't hire me. And you out there trying stuff and you turn the ball up, Man, you're gonna come sit next to me? Oh well you are.
Speaker 3: You got to understand that at the NBA level, dudes, if you really not like that, there would be no come. There will be no level of comfort to pull that shit off anyway in a real man.
Speaker 2: Some dudes out there who got some handles, they just scared to pull it out. They're scared to try some of this stuff in a real game. Like you see some of these bigs. You watched some of these dudes playing the summertime. You wouldn't you may you ain't doing that during the regular season or doing the sea you know what I mean? You know they pull it off and then get a couple of turnold boy, you're gonna be sitting down. Oh yeah, for sure, you know you right, they're nothing to let you just just arbor trilogy.
Speaker 1: Just and turn in a game. Won't yoe where it matters?
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to be in practice and you try some stuff like that, but you get in the game where when's the loss is battle?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey, it's just like you might try some stuff and and and the and the warm up.
Speaker 1: Line pat and go huh oh yo, yeah, look what's on the bar with yo? Was that in four place? What's that? What's that?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 1: Five? Mm?
Speaker 2: Hmm?
Speaker 4: Well you struggling while you struggling, day, I tell you what. I bet you can't tell me. I'll tell you what. You can't even hold it. That's three rests with full five. You ain't mappled them. Full five, ain't never done.
Speaker 1: You're gonna say you squatted.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, I probably can bitch you what you squat while you bumping on?
Speaker 1: I don't do that. Why I squatted? Why you're jumping up? Holo, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 3: You might you might want to pump your brakes a little bit and talk to some of my teammates and ask that's ball five.
Speaker 2: Right there, Joe, Joe. Don't catch with no spottle and a sluicide o. Jo, don't catch no hurt out here trying to live no full five.
Speaker 3: Man, Hey Joe, Joe, I was doing full five when I was in the league.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 3: I was squad of six fifty when I was in the league.
Speaker 1: Joe, I work out with Linman. Joe sat. You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't squat six fifty with a two ply suit. Hold on, Joe, that's why I know. You don't know if you know you? Have you ever been in a two plat suit? Hey, Joe, Joe, have you never been in a two ply suit?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I only I don't want to wear three piece exactly, Joe, Joe. Every time every time I say I do something right, he never believed me until I have people that come on and play with me.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody gonna come off. I can call Chip Chill, Paul, Chip called Rain Chip Moore Chip more than he'll tell you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I worked out with the lineman all I know.
Speaker 2: Pound for pound when I was in the league, I was the second strongest player. I was two hundred and twenty five pounds with a maxim fort seventy. You was the second strong player on your team. Maybe no in the league bodyweight pound for pounds. Man, Hey, you did that with no with no spot man, No, I nob Hey, he prayed. Listen he It was probably elevated. They probably had some help. Ain't no elevator. Hey, you see put it back. You can see what's back there. You can see what's back there. Hey on, you see these I take it down slow control o joke by myself. Hey, look touching my chest? That of the bitch.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's a that's a magic trick.
Speaker 3: Hey, loood, I gotta see that from my that's that's my Hey Joe, that's Ai Joe, that's Ai.
Speaker 1: That ain't hey chat, that's a I don't ain't gonna lie see you. That's what the chat. The chat. No, ain't gonna lie see, there ain't nothing bustling squad away for me. Boy, I ain't.
Speaker 2: I ain't saying I ain't gonna sit here a lot to you. I ain't gonna try to get under there and live.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Four five?
Speaker 1: What please? Hey, hey Joe, it ain't that hard. Joe. He just just looked like that.
Speaker 2: You know, y'all got you know, football players at different bills from basketball players, for sure.
Speaker 1: I do. Joe, look at me, Joe, big big, he go he Hey, y'all, what give me?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what? Oh yo, give me six weeks. What you're gonna do with six what you what you give?
Speaker 1: You said? Give me six weeks? What you talking about? You want you want to do? Oh yo? You really want to do this? You know I work out every day.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying, whatever you're gonna do, I work out every day.
Speaker 1: I ain't played football in twelve years. I work out every day like I'm finished. I know you think it's been since I played football. Damn you think I've retired yesterday. I'm I'm there telling you I work out every day like I'm finishing. Get a phone call, you just never know. I get to see the case I've been. I've been retired twenty two years.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay with double hips.
Speaker 1: What you want to do?
Speaker 2: I mean, Joe, I'll bet you I wouldn't even put my feet on the floor. Man, listen, six weeks what you want to do? I can hold my feet up to what you're thinking. Oh Joe, Oh Joe, I'll bet I'll beat you my feet up like this.
Speaker 1: Here I can do. I can do the same thing it was all about. Listen, uncle's all about Corey at that point.
Speaker 2: Hey, you see my feet on the bitch with you?
Speaker 1: All right? I want to I want to know what's up with this six week challenge? What you trying to do? Because I love I love a good competition. I ain't wasting my time with you, mate, That's what I thought, because you know what's up. You don't want with me? You know better. You know what line? Oh Joe, Oh Joe, get your blood pressure up? Oh yo? Hey, no, I'm good Joe, Joe, I'm Joe. But when it comes to competing, can't nobody to see me in nothing? I don't care what it is or what it is that Joe is what gonna do? Joe bad? Oh yo, don't even I don't even really lift like that. No more o, Joe. But for you then Lonses bind over there? Yeah? Who are you?
Speaker 2: I mean, oh, Joe, you can't even do three fifteen? How you're gonna tell me what I could do? I do it tomorrow before my flight. I do it before my flight tomorrow.
Speaker 1: To show you. Hey, lifting a weight ain't nothing to me. Uh try to think? Hold on, were gonna listen?
Speaker 2: Let me finish. I've been pushing away since the eighties. I've been lifting with already. All right, all right, oh hey Joe, Joe, I've done done it all, Joe. But I was a mule for the cartail. Joe, you talking about?
Speaker 1: This is what I do? Hey on, look at this? Look at it. Let me let me put it in the camera for you.
Speaker 2: You can see, Jo, You see that that's thirty inches, Boy, that's thirty that half of that?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, Joe, I took a nap today. Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tell I took a nap to days. Had something you could you could you could beat me. I ain't dreaming, but a on it's.
Speaker 1: Spiked with something.
Speaker 2: Mellow responded to Michael Beasley's challenge to play one on one I'm not losing one on one game, bro, I've never lost the one on one game. I'm not saying I'm going out there playing what I'm saying. I got ridiculed for doing this ish at the highest level, for being on one on one. End Joe, I DMN the flooded with people telling me to ask you if you beat mellow one on one? Man, I think I beat anybody. Okay, I think I beat anybody. Here's why I tell y'all, I think the one on one game is very different versus you know, playing in a five on five setting you have iceolation. Yeah, you know one on one at the top, at the top. That's how you got the name, ain't so, Joe? Hey man, I've been doing this for a long time. I've been doing it all the time.
Speaker 1: That's like you do. They do not understand what I say.
Speaker 2: But but you know, you know, as athletes, man, everybody feel like you know, they they they can't be beat. But I tell you what I tell y'all, what's gonna happen. I think all these matchups, I do think they gonna happen. I think they they may happen under you know, different conditions, meaning you know, we're gonna have to get it together, you know, get the sponsors right, you know, but uh, they definitely probably more than likely gonna happen for sure because because I know the fans want to see it. Look anywhere I go, since we brought this topic up, or since Lant and Beasley has played, this is all the talk has been about. So I know know the people I know, Chad want to see it. I know everybody want to see it. So I'm sure it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's dope to a different dynamic, you know, for those that are playing in instruction environment five five anymore and have competition, the one on one competition, and it's something that can continue to.
Speaker 1: This can be be that's what I'm paying, that's all.
Speaker 3: It can become very very big and somebody sitting on the meal ticket, somebody sitting on the golden use or golden golden egg, whatever you want to call it for for NBA players. And this can also falter into other sports too. What you're talking about one on one sitting, yeah, one one one on one said, Nigga, listen, it could be football, it could be basketball. I'm not sure there's anything else outside of that that would be interesting to us culturally that people want to see. But football and then basketball would be really really.
Speaker 2: I know everybody want to see see these basketball match ups, man, and they gonna it'll be fun. It'll be interesting as well. Uh, it's something I'm very intrigued about. So it's gonna happen. We're gonna do it for the culture. We're gonna do it for the fans, for sure.
Speaker 1: They gotta make some first. Now we just skate. We ain't just getting out there.
Speaker 2: Hello, there you go. Hell no, you gotta make. You gotta if it make dollars, that make can we go?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Tyler Hero says he doesn't believe in history before nineteen fifty. I don't believe anything that happened before nineteen fifty for real, Like, how do we know when did Christopher Lumbers come to America? The land? Whatever they said? Fourteen ninety two, how do we know? I think these young kids just be saying stuff to say stuff. Hey, we're in different era, Uncle Ojo. Everybody want to have a vibe, everybody has a platform, everybody speak their mind. So it's a lot different now. And think about the o Joe guys they taking they taking history out of the schools.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, Hey, whose idea was that? That?
Speaker 1: Was Trump?
Speaker 2: Uh changing the curriculum and stuff, trying to erase history.
Speaker 3: So we don't know things that happened before we were here, And that's crazy, I understand.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, he got grandparents, so if they tell him something, I'm sure his grandparents was born before nineteen fifty.
Speaker 1: E from Tyler herod out from the crib? Is he from mine? No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know where you from. But I mean, so anything that his grandparents telling you, don't believe his grandparents were born before nineteen fifty Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's talk about this trade. The Memphis Grizzly said Desmond Bane to the Orlando Magic for KCP Kentavious callwell, Pope Cole Anthony four one two, three four unprotected first round picks and it pickswap. Hold on, I don't think y'all hurt me, people, belle, because I didn't get the reaction that I thought I was gonna get from you. One two, three four unprotected first round picks and a pick swak.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean when you do something like are you blowing it up? Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna get rid of John? Are you gonna get rid of a triple j I'll mean, what's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Joe? Man? That's what it looked like.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, they gave up a life, you know to Uh but Desmin Bane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they gave up a life from Desmond Bane.
Speaker 2: Man. But I mean, I don't know what myth it's got going on over there. I don't know what they plan on doing.
Speaker 1: Uh. Maybe they will get rid of Joe and JJ.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, why if you do that, then what you're banking on? What you I mean, what's gonna be your draw?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? If you get rid of them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I look at it like this, right, I look at it like this, right if I'm GM, I'm looking at it like if I wanted to start a team, right, obviously, I'm gonna pick the guy that I want to start the team with.
Speaker 1: I'm a pick a five man.
Speaker 5: But if there's anybody else that you need as like a shooter, a glue guy, a guy that can just get you points from from nowhere, I honestly think he's an upgrade from Coble. You know, if we've been honest, he's done it in the regular season. He's done what you say, He's an upgrade over k oh Yeah for sure, for sure, right right, And I think Memphis all also needed a a guard who can bring up the ball, you know, who can go get.
Speaker 1: His own bucket. I like that. And they also needed some some some some.
Speaker 5: Some locker room presss. I like that from K C. Pete, Right. I don't like the picks, right, but it's been so up and down in the NBA. Luca gont just gets one first round. A guy gets three first rounds. So you just don't know the scale of of out of negotiaate with them.
Speaker 2: You see Rudy Gobert go for four first round picks, but Harry just don't know go ahead, yeah, we it's just hard for us to know like what's actually been saying in those conversations.
Speaker 5: So like we can look at it like, man, what the hell, what's wrong with y'all? How y'all giving up that much right to the naked eye, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: It might have been the deals and placed before.
Speaker 5: We don't know if it's you know, it's it's so much with this business that you really.
Speaker 1: But Jr.
Speaker 2: Played well for Memphis last year when when Joab was down. I thought he played well.
Speaker 5: P Ball, Yeah, I think I think I think you keep him and you get cold, right. I don't think you can as many as plays but Ball Henderson playmakers you can have, you know.
Speaker 1: I think that's that's a good that's a good look. I think lu Canard Lukenard is up for contract.
Speaker 5: I think he's free agent, right, So, I mean that's that's an open position. That's you know, just telling you they might not want to bring lu Canard back. So, you know, I think I like it with the presidence with KCP of winner who's done it before, someone that could be in Joe, I like Jared Jackson, JJ and Josh still together, you know. So it was just I like eating you know what I'm saying. We just have to see I go. I mean, I'm looking at this, I'm like, what message. I don't think they got better. I don't. I don't think they got better with this trade. I don't think Memphis they're still night seed. They they for the play in. With the move they made today, they're still in the play in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't look at the got okay with this move right here? Now they're top five, their top five, top four seeds. I don't look at it like that. You think their top four, top five seed right now.
Speaker 5: People be Now, you gotta think this is the same team that that fire Taylor Jenkins. So you know, you gotta come in thinking that sometimes maybe they don't they don't think the right way at all, you know, you know what I'm saying. So you gotta understand, like, oh man, this is the same organization.
Speaker 1: That fired a phenomenal coach.
Speaker 5: You steel, they've been in the headlines for John Moran and this this They've been at the headlines more than the Hollywood. You know, the Memphis was that unfortunately, I'll go out there pret better.
Speaker 1: I mean they got a matter of fact, you was on the team. Yeah you with that too. I said. I checked them and say, unkie, will you I'm cool. I'm like, yeah, you say, hey, let that go, man, let it go. Man.
Speaker 2: They on some bull jye, them young boys, they like that, let it go, Let it go. So like they've been in the news more than than the Hollywood tap So, like, you know, you you always have to question any moves.
Speaker 1: They may, Hey, look you see them trading John in triple J. Man, I can't see that. I know that.
Speaker 2: I know the room has been spreading around. But man, John is star power, He's box office. I think I think a lot. I think they lean. I think you should. They putting more pressure on him to be elite, to be one of the top guys in this league. And JJ, like, you got two great pieces who work together. I don't know why you would trade that, and and what you would get back for it, you know what I mean? That would be comfortable to what you know they give. So I don't see I don't see them trading him. I think they looking for John to take that next step and uh, you know, b B be elite in this lead be one of the top of league guards. Man, That's how they gonna be able to contend.
Speaker 1: I think Josh phenomenal.
Speaker 2: He just can't stay he gotta stay healthy, old Joe. I think that's why they got them mother guards. That's why you bring in Cole Anthony. You keep Scotty pipping because of his injury history, but if you didn't keep him healthy, uh, I think.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's he's phenomenal, and besides, I mean you get rid of him. Who Look, they're a very few big man that team that that people ever have ever come to see. So they come to see small, they come to see Guards, They come to see Lebron's and Kevin Durantz. They come and see Steph Curry's and James Harden and guys like that.
Speaker 1: May look Triple J is.
Speaker 2: Phenomenal, but they people ain't gonna be lined up to see Triple J and Zachiety. I'm sorry he pete man. You know this is start driven league, bro, you know what I mean? He got commercials, this, that and the third Like he got a shoe, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He got his own now hit a colture. The coach just looking for him to take that next step.
Speaker 2: Man, you know, be a little bit more disciplined than the things that he's doing off the court. You know, hold himself accountable and you know, come in and help get that franchise, you know, back to they winning ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he he's the chief for the man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all the what they love him to death. Yeah, him and the young boy, they.
Speaker 1: Love, they love him.
Speaker 2: They can't do no wrong, they can't do he got the coaches. He's just, hey, hey, see what they feel like. It's bad for the public eye. Like like Pete Ball said, the whys they loving it?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? They love they love it. They love to see man like that.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, bro, do you understand how much money you cast yourself?
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: You make your big budd Hey, you get suspended for twenty games? Hey, hey, Pete bail back, come down. Twenty game that's probably three that's two, three million dollars four million.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you who Mad Jackson Jr.
Speaker 1: Back. Oh yeah, he called himself a hundred meal mm hmm. He made one of them.
Speaker 5: All the EMBO they said, uh, they talking about they talking about, they talking about your homie cost them all that money. Lebron James Hell, they say, Lebron, Lebron. If Lebron don't get that position, they say, that's the sort j J. Jason and he gets that three fifty. But but but but here's the thing. Does anybody think Triple J I play Lebron this year? No, not even.
Speaker 1: Not even.
Speaker 2: But see that's the thing in my mind I'm thinking, like, damn, they gonna gave it to Lebron for twenty years at least get me, you know, so I both ways, and the thing is is that you can't win.
Speaker 1: They said, okay, we want this.
Speaker 2: Okay, now you got a writers that's gonna decide how much money you actually made. Yeah, God, ain't that Why team? Second team, third team, first or second team All NBA MVP?
Speaker 1: You're right, hey, love cold game?
Speaker 2: Now that's a cold game me, man, it used to be the players voted, but they say, man, y'all got favorite killers, You got your playoffs, X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: So they say, you know what, let's turn it over to the riters. They turn it over to the riders.
Speaker 2: Bro, you ain't gonna somebody gonna be disappointed because the season that will average fifty and twenty five. He didn't win the MVP. So up until nineteen eighty, players voted for the MVP. Yeah, they said, nah, man, man, y'all be buddy buddy. Y'all be hanging out the All Star game, y'all cool, So you vote for your buddy.
Speaker 1: Okay, they say, let'll tell you what. We're gonna take it out. Now.
Speaker 2: The writers got it not what you want to do. Somebody gotta vote. Somebody got to win the MVPP BAUP. Somebody got to be first second team all the NBA. Somebody got to be first and second team All Defensive. So and gotta win these awards. So what's the way that you got you guys played in the league. How would you like to see that handle? I like, I like Asthman handled.
Speaker 5: And I think that once you kind of understand and the older you get that basketballs is huge business and part of basketball being a business this is it's partly entertaining also, right, it's entertainment. It's fans being entertained by guys shooting threes, guys and you know, doing call crazy dunks. So once I kind of found that out and I used to steal stuff, I'm like, hey, okay, cool, I see Tony throwing up first thing.
Speaker 1: Okay cool. Anytime I get a big stop.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna throw a first cent right right. That'll trigger people to be like looking, that gets to going. Media has to go with it. Right, So I get to play a game, now I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I haven't been at the luxury to you know, see three hundred and fifty million or competing. I haven't been in that luxury, but I know the small things I did. So ain't no telling what guys out here doing. My guys probably sending wid bottles, all types of stuff. But before you go, Joe, is that if Memphis, if job take care of it. Now they're on television more, and now people see them more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see Lebron's on you. The Lakers, they got forty forty two, forty three televised games. So you go see Lebron, you go see Lucas, you go see Jason Tatum. You gonna see a lot of these guys. But in Memphis it's contingent. So when John's there and they're playing, well, Memphis, we used to see Memphis and we see y'all be a second team. We see j Triple J be on all NBA selections. But when you're out of sight, Look I only got so bad. Look I'm I'm following the team. A lot of these people are beat riders. Everybody's not in there all these games. Everybody ain't watching everybody play. It's not like the NBA, I mean, excuse me, NFL. All the games come on Sunday, you got some playing playing Wednesday. They got some team playing Tuesday, got some team Thursday got pride. So I can't, Hey, I can't keep up with everything people. Hell, hey, listen. I think with Jan Jackson Jr. He bell for me, it's like he hang his hat so much on offense nowadays, and I think he needed to go back to being that mean defensive prisons. I don't know if he can lead the league in blocks anymore with Winby being in the NBA. But no, he wi't, ain't nobody would nobody, nobody fit the win the block title with Winby there. Hey, listen, but he gotta he got to his hat on defense. You know, his offensive game will come, you know if he if he let his his defense fuelss offense versus just standing out there at the three point line, you know, shooting a lot of threes. I know he got a nice little bag, you know, with him offensively, but they need his defensive prisons for them to be effective in that in that wild wild West.
Speaker 1: He said that.
Speaker 5: So, so we played them, We played them in the playoffs when I was in Minnesota and and and he was in the next year, he wanted to kind of work on his offense, and his switch was, Okay, if I focus all on my defense, I'm gonna end up in foul trouble a lot. He led the league's he led the league in files, also in it. So his thing was like, I'm gonna balance it out. I'm gonna go a little bit offense, just you know, I ain't gonna put all my energy on defense. I'm gonna put a little bit more of my energy on offense to kind of balance it out. Because when he was all defense, he was fired, found out everything.
Speaker 2: But the probably the problem that you're gonna have is that they made the all the NBA team positionless. So now you might have five, six, seven, eight ten, fourth of forwards or threes or guards. So it's not like we gotta have a five or four or three or two of a one. So because you look at the second team, I mean you look at all for me like damn, and so now you really ain't half. But Yoki was the only center, and there was no JOELINGB cause you know, when JOELNB come back healthy, he getting one of them spots. But he ain't never gonna play enough games to getting no spot on That's what might be right so you gotta play sixty five the oldest on a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's why I'm saying for me, it's like, I feel like it's kind of you know, it's kind of easy for him to crack in that because it's a lot of these top guys they're not gonna play enough games to even be qualified for any of these awards, you know what I mean. So if you can keep himself healthy, I say, a solid twenty two to twenty three game with about twelve rebounds, you know, a couple of blocks, man, that'll put you right there. Third, Hey, you got a be a nineteen or eleven guy with three blocks, with two and a half blocks, that's the best you can do. Because if you put twenty points, twenty two points a game, that takes too much away from his defense. Oh oh, he just gave away bangs? How much bangs average? He averaged twenty something? Right, your bangs average bout nineteen twenty KCP and and and uh, the mother guys come hold after they hold on, they're not gonna they're not gonna be putting enough points right that. Now they're gonna have some games where they gonna be lights out. But for the most part, I'm saying to be consistent. You know, he has to be consistent on a night to night basis. That's basically what they're gonna be looking at. Hey, you work, he gotta get tighten them, have those up ball You gotta be able to put that thing of the play. Get to that spot.
Speaker 1: Man, you better get his ass to the block left blocks right right. Hey, Look how many bigs we got in the league? Who can chat?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: Really? None? Look about four? Five up?
Speaker 2: When you talking when you talk about true, I'm talking about like a Yo Kic and an embiid.
Speaker 1: I mean theoretically they listened.
Speaker 2: Gianni says a big and Lebron and j T and all that, but Evan Mobley, Jared Allen. But when you really look at talking about like big bigs that play big, I mean triple jke right now, a D.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now a D healthy? Hey with a D healthy.
Speaker 2: So you got Jokic, you got Embid, you got a D, you got a Yannis.
Speaker 1: So that's four.
Speaker 2: That's four FoST right the fire, four to five. You could take Gianna. Gianna's main first thing the last eight. Yeah, you gonna He's gonna be on that he's definitely gonna be on He's gonna be on that and and Yokic. It's gonna be hard to for somebody to unfeat him because he's gonna have a dab after the triple double.
Speaker 1: Got to win this seam gotta win. That's after that. That's it. They gotta win. Did the band? Did the band trade?
Speaker 2: Expose how badly the Mavericks watched the Luca deal the Mavericks. The Lakers gave up one first round pick for Luca. The Mavericks gave up four first round picks and a pick swap h Pete Bell.
Speaker 1: They got a D in return. A D ain't no slouch. Okay, he ain't no slouch.
Speaker 2: He can play like he an all star caliber guy if he can say but if you have they treated the dead, but bain like he's an all star with four first round picks. If unprotected normally people you're like, okay, they got some protection, Okay, top five protected. They're like, nah, nah, ain't nothing protected. We all out everything out ever pick swap. That kind of reminds that kind of reminds you of the Clipper deal done the pit Bill when they gave to get shaped m Yeah I was there for thatvere Yeah, I was there, I thought, and looking back on it, I thought for a minute, like, yeah we won this trade easy.
Speaker 1: You ain't. So you hold on? Were you there? Were you? Were you there with? Were you there with? Shay? He was my rookie. Well, y'all keep forgetting that. Why do you think here?
Speaker 3: Dogduh?
Speaker 1: So? So did you did you see? Okay?
Speaker 2: Obviously he was. He was a lot of it pick but did you think he could turn into this? I told him that.
Speaker 5: I told him the third day of training cap I tapped louke me and Lou send down. I tapped Lou lou Hey he cold, Lu said, yeah he.
Speaker 1: He he different. I'm like no, no, no, no, Lou he I get up from Lou. You don't hear what I'm saying. I go right to say. He say, how good do you think he could be? You know?
Speaker 5: He he from the sixth so he talked like he talked different than he's like.
Speaker 2: I mean I think I could be like like that's no that heavy ass boy.
Speaker 1: No you you a superstar? You mean like all star.
Speaker 5: I'm like no, no, no, no superstar like Mike Jeordian coach Bryant Hugh like, like he seriously so fast forward. You know, I see his mom out shopping and while, you know, while we're playing Toronto, and she's like, man, thank you for you know, telling my son that, like you gave him that confidence.
Speaker 1: Like he after you said that, he really believed it. People always forget save what's my rookie? Same with my rookie. Yeah, he's next year.
Speaker 5: Even with Chris Paul and Dennis Troller respectfully, you know, everybody got to get take room from somewhere else. But nah, Sam getting that ball in the playoffs. So he's playing Steph Curry a man, get Steph thirty.
Speaker 1: What are you doing when you pass me the ball? Go get step thirty? Kill out?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey look but when you look at Ituck and Pete Bev certain things happening throughout guys career, they kind of helped take them to that next level, you know what I mean. Him getting traded from the Clippers. You never know how he was thinking. He may be thinking like, man, they ain't think I was good enough. So yeah, here's your card, so somebody get rid of you. That's what they telling you. So so so now he in the lab working hard as ever, you know, probably showing prove like all right, I'm showing Uh. I don't know if he if he expected himself to reach this level. Man, it's been it's been special to watch. It's been special.
Speaker 5: Nah what Like I see him the next year and lay up Monassan.
Speaker 1: He was like, man, that trade. I was like, yeah, man, what you think of? He like, man, what you mean you don't trade me for him? You know, like talking about Paul George.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, like and to be a second third year guy like saying that shows you how much confidence they had.
Speaker 1: But I think it happened. I think it happened later.
Speaker 5: I think it happened when they got rid of a Dennis Schroeder and CPTE and they put the ball all in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, because that's when you kind of saying like that nineteen point twenty point.
Speaker 5: Scout thirty like once once they like clean house and like made him the primary ball handler and building around him, everything everything changed staff. So I think that was a that was a that was you have to again, Sam Presty, that's a that's a that's another one to say that.
Speaker 2: Look, and I think we both get water clippers had to do this, you're getting Kawhi. Kawhi is basically saying, well, if y'all don't do this, I'm gonna go with the Lakers. Do y'all really want me? Lebron and a D and then y'all y'all got a cup pat Bell That wouldn't have worked that well for y'all.
Speaker 1: Man, I know, but we don't need in our mind.
Speaker 5: You gotta think we just took the year before, we just took gold and State, six gamesl CAPR.
Speaker 1: So in our mound, our mound, we thinking like, man, we just need one more person be cool.
Speaker 5: Right, So they was they were shopping KD might come. You know, there was a thoughts that Kawhi my come. We didn't think Kawhi and Paul George, you know. So for us, we're looking like, oh man, we got a real chance to win a championship. And that's when you know, you know things, you know, the bubble happened, and the three one.
Speaker 1: Happened, and the injuries happened, and next thing you know, you.
Speaker 5: Know, Shade, Shade's the MVP, and he's in the championship game, up up
Speaker 1: Three two right now,