Speaker 1: Off the record. What's the little Wayne's classic album? The Card three Across the World Car three?
Speaker 2: I think Carto two Part three, Carter.
Speaker 1: Three ain't a classic?
Speaker 3: Are you high?
Speaker 1: Call three is not a classic. It's not a classic album.
Speaker 4: Broying anything, it's not It's not bro this is I don't think Wayne has a classical album.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I like the Carter three is his best album, for sure. I don't think it's a classic album, though. Like when you start seeing classic albums, like I think about the other classic albums we'll be talking about and then think about Carter three, that word classic get thrown around too much. You know what a classic album is officer tripping. Oh, that's the one you're going to missus, officer, that's what you're going to you.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm trying to sound like that's what we just gotta have conversations like every recorded oho we was recording. Oh, let's get into the real conversation.
Speaker 3: That's not a professional.
Speaker 2: This is underrated beat, public service, just blazing fifteen and nothing.
Speaker 1: Flip the Ship out Baby is the best rap. But a lot.
Speaker 2: Had you rock a fella boy shook when this came out y'all was shaking in your chains, shaking in your button downs.
Speaker 1: Who was shaking the whole squad?
Speaker 2: You know, y'all was nervous when when Wayne came out, Why because he wasn't Wayne from the fucking Hot Boys anymore. It was fucking Dwayne Carter right there.
Speaker 1: But Wayne was, come on, Wayne is one of the goats.
Speaker 2: You know that y'all was nervous. Then, Nah, it's a few artists that got had y'all shook.
Speaker 1: And y'all you mean like Rockefeller?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think Nelly had y'all a little shook. Why why are you laughing? Nelly went fucking Diamond. But when you say shook, what you mean a little nervous, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not so dominant anymore.
Speaker 5: I mean, but Jay gave him as props. He had to moving units, m PM juice and us I know.
Speaker 2: And then Wayne came, Yeah, and then the company folded.
Speaker 1: It was Wayne for Wayne entered the dynasty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was Wayne, it was It wasn't Cameron and jay Z's Puerto Rico trip.
Speaker 1: That was. That trip did end it all.
Speaker 2: That's wild. How many relationships you think have ended because of a Puerto Rico trip.
Speaker 1: Well, now that's that's our relationship start.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: You got a fly girl out of Puerto Rico, Yo.
Speaker 5: How you get her is how you lose it sometimes sometimes actually a lot of times.
Speaker 2: When someone else wants to fly passport, you know, like that's.
Speaker 5: The thing now, Like dudes, like the first link up is like a destination, like a vacation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been talking about that's true. That's scary.
Speaker 5: I don't know how dudes do that, Like you don't know what you signing up for. No, being on an island with somebody you just.
Speaker 2: Met, I'll pass.
Speaker 1: No, I'm cool. I'm totally cool.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't go to the island with you with me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: Well, we're on the one right now.
Speaker 5: I don't even think. Yes, we are on the islan right now, but I don't even think we would like see each other if we're like on vacation.
Speaker 1: Never never, like it would probably like in pass like it's up, like we don't know each other at all.
Speaker 2: Any right where you think Wayne is not of a classic album, I don't know where we started recording.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't saying that because you know what I like to do. Man, I like to listen to when people start debating classic albums, like the word classic, I don't know if it's just it's thrown around too loosely, like pull up the definition of classic.
Speaker 2: I agree that classic is thrown around.
Speaker 1: It's too loosely.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: But to draw the line at Carter three, I think is a bit excessive.
Speaker 5: And I like Carter three a lot. I just don't know if it's because for me and music is subjective.
Speaker 1: Is just my opinion.
Speaker 5: For me, classic means I keep going back to it, I keep playing classic.
Speaker 6: From Google, the term classic and hip hop means any album or single that not only separates itself from a bunch, but it does so in such a unique culture culture fashion.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you Google for defying something.
Speaker 1: In our culture, in our culture right.
Speaker 2: The Webster term for classic judged over a period of time to be the highest quality and outstanding of its kind. Now do you think there can be there's classic and then there's time period classic, because I think we start I think there's a lot of I start cutting dope. Look, but I think Card three is a classic across the board. I don't think it's a time period classic like I think I think Card.
Speaker 1: Three is a really good album.
Speaker 5: I think it's Wayne's to me again, it's a subjective of my opinion only to me, that's Wayne's best album, I think.
Speaker 1: But I would classic album, like classic is what I'm just like.
Speaker 5: I don't know if i'm I can say because when I say classic, I'm thinking of a lot of other classic albums in hip hop.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I don't think that that's fair.
Speaker 4: Why that's hip hop, because a classic just means that it's timeless. It was recognized as an extremely good, valuable body at work, and it was. And also you can go back to Carter three and it doesn't sound it sounds maybe a little dated, but it does you can still listen to it today and not be like, oh my god, we were listening to this ship well all the.
Speaker 2: Kids Wayne, So it still holds up.
Speaker 5: Wayne is definitely the father to a lot of these new dudes now for sure, he definitely birth a lot of these. So he's a He's a goat in that sense, like he he changed the way artists look the way artists sound, without a doubt. But I don't know if Carter three is a classic album.
Speaker 2: Well really good, I would be a classic from that era.
Speaker 1: This was said two thousand and.
Speaker 2: Eight, I can recre camera or no graduation was oh set eight? Waits was two thousand and eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was two thousand and eight. That's a classic album.
Speaker 2: Awaits and Artbreaks is a classic, I think defined by what it did later. It came out with music, for sure, That's what I'm saying. It's a classic in that regard.
Speaker 3: When it came out, people weren't saying it was.
Speaker 2: No They was actually pissed off a Kanye exactly. Now, Carter three was this was the only shit playing at that time.
Speaker 5: Well, it's Wayne and he's at that time, he was everywhere. You couldn't you couldn't turn on a radio or TV anything and not here Wayne.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying because I think Carter two is a better album, But if I were to be Charter three, yes, absolutely without question. But if I had to be objective and just looking overall with a classic, alb would be of course Carter three.
Speaker 5: That would be his classic, his classic. It's a classic, okay, because difference his classic in a classic.
Speaker 2: And somebody that's able to deliver when all the high is around you, and this was the most anticipated shit ever, because after card two he blew up, blew up to then deliver that, Yeah, this is a classic. What's a classic album?
Speaker 1: E though?
Speaker 2: Don't say non Rockefeller, No.
Speaker 5: It's it's not even about that, it's just music that I think album that an album that you can keep going back to and play top to bottom without skipping any records, no matter what time period.
Speaker 1: That's a classic album to me.
Speaker 2: Does that mean the kids have to do it too, though? Or just the people from that time period, because that's a lot of shit too, Like there's classics that I deem classics, but probably just my generation does no.
Speaker 5: But this this there's uh, there's there's albums that came out when I was probably too young to really like understand hip hop and the culture. And I went back and listened to and I'm like, Okay, I'll see why they called this a classic because it still sounds good and you can still feel the emotion in the music, you know what I mean, Like a lot of ice cubes early shit, Like I didn't understand people when I was younger. He's like ice cube, ice cub and I was like, I didn't understand it. And as I started get a little old I go back and listen. I'm like, okay, I get a Cube is one of the best.
Speaker 2: But if we're talking about classic, does that have to also like across boundaries of age gaps? Like, for example, I think a kid now would go back to an ice Cube album and probably not vibe with it musically. It wouldn't feel timeless to them. I'm not saying ice Cube is not timeless. Please please make sure you get.
Speaker 1: My words correctly.
Speaker 2: Now, I think if they went back to Life after Death because it had a bit more commercial appeal and it's easier to listen to. I think a kid now could pick up Life after Death and be like, oh, this is a this is amazing, whereas ice Cube, because his goals were a bit different than bigs, it would be deemed not timeless to a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Again, now you're talking about the listener, the type of listener, Like I.
Speaker 2: Can, but that's what deems the classic is a listener.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then a lot of people like undoubtedly classic albums. A lot of people that listen to music would be like that they don't really like that album, and it's like you look at them like they're crazy, Like how do you not like.
Speaker 1: This album, like we're looking at you right now.
Speaker 5: Nah, I mean listen, man, Wayne is a he's a goat, Like there's there's nobody that can argue that, like I would never He's one of the greatest we've ever had. But when I hit people told about classic albums like I like Carter three a lot, but I don't know if.
Speaker 1: That's for me, if that's a classic album.
Speaker 2: Three Pet, Mister Carter, Milly Got Money, Comfortable Doctor Carter, Phone Home, tie my hands, Miss Officer, let the beat Bill shoot me down, Lollipop Lili play with Fire, you Ain't Got Nothing.
Speaker 3: And Pussy Monster was a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not very many skips on that, but some Phone Home annoyed the fuck out of me, But people love that record. Phone Home was I thought gonna be the worst record ever. And then I walked outside and everyone was screaming phone Home, and I was like, everybody was et was just screaming at the bus top phone Home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with Wayne phone in their hand.
Speaker 5: Wayne Is He's definitely one of you know, my favorite rappers ever, one of favorite artists. But you know, just hearing people talk about classic albums, man, I'm just I just start listening to the albums that they call classic, and I'm like, I don't know if this is a classic album. It's a really good album, but I don't know if it's a classic album.
Speaker 2: I think what time tells that anyways, Oh yeah, I mean rarely is there the classic?
Speaker 5: Yeah, instant classic is very rare where everybody's like, okay, this is a classic, Like.
Speaker 2: The last two that I could think of would be so far gone. In Blueprint, I think with the last instant classics that I remember, maybe college drop out and graduation, you.
Speaker 1: Can make an argument, yeah, that was kind of an instant classic. I feel like, No, I feel like it was one that came out a few years ago. To anybody was like, uh.
Speaker 2: I'm saying rap world, yeah, not saying R and b row. Like see at the Table was an instant classic to me. Anti was an instant classic to me, But that's not rap.
Speaker 5: And again, this is all subjective music is you know, a matter of opinion and type of person you are. But yeah, I was just having conversations and I'm you know, to my classic album's classic classic. It all started off of a Timberland talking about the Weekend's album Dawn Dawn FX is that.
Speaker 2: People just get excited when Ship comes out, and I feel him because I sometimes run to like, no, it's the greatest shit ever. I've been caught up in that before, and I never went to Thriller with it though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like and I and I understand what Timberland was because no, no, listen.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 5: I understan because Timberland is a he's a producer, so his the way he listens is different from the way we listen to music.
Speaker 1: So I understand the emotion.
Speaker 5: I think what he what he was trying to say was this sound and the way the Weekend put together this album was so different. I think that is definitely gonna move how a lot of artists make music the sound because the sound was something that I didn't expect at all. Neither this shit sounds like the soundtrack for Midnight Run the Arcade game, like it's.
Speaker 2: It's great age ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I was like, oh shit, So I understand, Like Timbland is a producer, so he's gonna listen different. Uh, things are gonna move him differently as far as sound. But to just throw out Thriller out there like that, and the album was out for three days and that's where people got to relax and the way. And it's not fair of the Weekend to say that, because it's like, let the Weekend be the Weekend, like to put him and say, oh, this is this is thriller. Come on, man, like, that's not fair to the Weekend.
Speaker 2: When you go back to creating. Granted, I think they did it in a very tasteful way. I don't want to start out with shitting on this album, because I really do like This Weekend. I'm a lot, Yeah, but to say when you go back to you would say it was eighty influenced, yeah, and then to also sound like Michael Jackson and then go back to the era in which he's from. And then Timberland says the biggest album ever is in comparison.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's That's where I have a little bit of it. It's like, come on, man, like, I like this album. I think it sounds great. I think The Weekend is the epitome of an artist. You know, he gets in the character. He's not afraid to be different, he's not afraid to experiment. Yeah, Like he's he's what an artist should be. The album is really dope, I like it. It wasn't what I was expecting. I know a lot of people want the Weekend to sound like House of Balloons still, but he's not that guy anymore. Like he's a different person now, and I think that it's you know, it's not fair to want somebody to sound the same exact way as when you fell in love with them.
Speaker 2: I think this was a you know, like in Star Wars. And I'm not a big Star Wars fan, so correct me if I'm wrong. Don't they go like in reverse order?
Speaker 1: As far as the story?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So to me, this like he's doing his career backwards like this.
Speaker 1: He's ninety years old on album. This album is.
Speaker 2: Like what you do to get to that low part of House of Balloons, Like this is the crazy coke parties that you was at and then House of Balloons is when you come down and realize how depressed and hurt and how much of an addict you are. Yeah, he's going backwards.
Speaker 1: This is what his emotions look like.
Speaker 2: He's not coming out on top. We're going backwards in the story.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 5: I think again the sound is for him to put this type of music out now is really like dope to me, I like when artists are not afraid to just be extremely different, but then not be weird. It's not like it's a weird different. You get it, you understand it. The content is still something you can relate to, like the shit he's talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh, he definitely I think a young I think why he's old on this album cover is because he's actually starting to feel that way in the women he deals with.
Speaker 1: They're draining his soul.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't think he can keep up the way. You know, like when you got into your thirties and then you try to go out with people in their twenties and you're just like, Okay, I'm starting to feel a little older than I thought I was. This whole album sounds like to me that he's trying to keep up with a young girl at the party. This is a young girl that doesn't give a fuck who he is, what he does. All that easy pussy doesn't work it anymore. He's like, really, he's fucked up over this girl that doesn't particularly care about him. She'll let him fuck, but she don't really care.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this music is like when you go to the club and then she wants to go to the after album and then go to breakfast and then like go go to yoga and it's like, yo, we haven't been asleep yet.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: And then he ended, damn near ended the album and this whole storyline with and then I heard you was married.
Speaker 5: She's like, so, yeah, yeah, I like it. I think this album is really good. But she had Timberlin got to relax though he threw thriller out there way too prematurely, like.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's but he saw Quincy was on it and was like, oh it must be.
Speaker 1: But see even that type of ship, those type of interludes.
Speaker 2: That's crazy carry you know what I mean, Like it's.
Speaker 5: Like, yo, I like shit like that man. And again I didn't when we first listened to it.
Speaker 1: We was calling it diet coke.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like the Saint the Saint Coke, this is, you know what I mean. But after living with it over the weekend, like this album is really dope.
Speaker 1: I like this album lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think this is one of those live as well. He's he's definitely stepped up because for the people that don't remember when we Can first came out his live show, like Rihanna as well was very criticized. Yeah, it was like, all right, now we know what he's bad at, and he proved tremendously. No, he's got to really dance just everything.
Speaker 1: I noticed that when he at a super Bowl performance.
Speaker 5: We spoke about that. I was like, Yo, he's gotten better with his vocals. His live vocals have gotten extremely better than they were when he first got The Weekend.
Speaker 2: And I think he's less insecure in that and wants to make more upbeat music that is for arenas and is to actually be performed, rather than some of the sadder stuff where it's just like, yeah, I'm a stand up on stage and you know whine.
Speaker 5: I would I definitely would like to see The Weekend do a visual to all this whole album. Yeah, like right, like a movie, but like make it a you know, like a music video like Thriller exactly.
Speaker 1: I would. I would like that.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, not like Thriller, like, let's be clear, but the fact that it's the eighty Sound and he's such an artist, like his visuals and everything, you know, I would like to see him make a video to all of these but incorporated do it in like kind of like a movie script.
Speaker 2: It's interesting, man, the eighties, the eighties were pop music just is.
Speaker 1: Not going away. And I mean that in a good way. It just hasn't Like the nineties pop has not returned at all. Like they don't really grab from the nineties pop wise to me very much.
Speaker 2: Was R and B for sure, Oh yeah, But I think a lot of the nineties pop stuff was more leaning into the MTV boy band girls hop boys and that stuff. As much as it's timeless to me because I was a kid when it happened, No one really grabs from that very much. They grab from nineties R and B.
Speaker 5: The PP eighties is Eighties pop was sent heavy, you know, it was. It just it was a different vibe. Like the nineties pop became a little corny. It wasn't It wasn't as cool as eighties pop.
Speaker 2: I think eighties just figured out electronics right away and figured out the best way to do it. And we've been trying for three decades until so like, all right, let's try something new. It's like, nah, let's go let's go back, because even eight oway's kind of derives a lot of it from fucking eighties, like robo copies, the eighties popstone right, so much of that, so any if you can even hear on a lot of this sense with Donda and some of the drums that used this Eighties pop music.
Speaker 5: Like eighties is definitely the bed the bedrock for a lot of the synth sound. If you're gonna try to bring back that sense sound, you're gonna listen to a lot of the eighties pop artists for sure.
Speaker 2: And I feel and you know, if you talk to my dad, that's what killed music, Like if you talk to a lot of people like eighties, eighties pop music like was the divide in music because it went so electronic and like of course that came from disco first, but so much Eighties kind of put the fucking nail into the board of like, all right, this is here to fucking stay. Electronic music is here.
Speaker 1: I would see.
Speaker 5: I think I think eighties pop inspired nineties R and B.
Speaker 1: In a weird way. Sure I could see that, you know what.
Speaker 5: I mean, Like if you listen to a lot of the nineties R and B. The production on a lot of nineties R and B, it's a lot of syn the drums are like you know, yeah, a lot of eighties pop.
Speaker 2: And even you know, a lot of shit that they sampled was a lot chaka consh was then turned into so much in nineties flips from bad Boy and all the Ship. But yeah, I don't know, we got an eighties tangent, but it was just it's just funny that eighties music is still very much the most relevant sound to some degree when it comes to pop music. But I do want to get into no one talking about this album. The Weekend you would say, is one of the biggest artists on earth right for sure any genre, one of the biggest, not ever. But I'm saying for our time, I didn't see one person talking about this online.
Speaker 1: You mean yeah? No, I mean is the week in the artists that they talk about online?
Speaker 2: Though yes, yes percent people Wait and was there There wasn't a single on this was there? Is this just another I know we have to always find a way to big up Beyonce. Is this just another way that certain artists, meaning only one can do the surprise album?
Speaker 3: Shit?
Speaker 2: You would think The Weekend could do a surprise album because this was a week in advance. He posted album cover and that was it.
Speaker 1: Does he? I mean, do you kid if people talking about it, if the album is good.
Speaker 2: No, I listen. I don't care about numbers at all. I care about if the music is good, and that's all that matters. But because we do talk about music on the show so much, and so much of our fans are invested in music the way we are, we can see, especially when one of the biggest artists on Earth is putting an album out and no one is talking about it. Yeah, I saw more people talking about why Drake was taking off Gunner's album, a song that doesn't really exist being talked about more than an album from one of our biggest artists. That's crazy to me. And I don't know if it's because the times we're in.
Speaker 5: What could it be because he doesn't have a lot of features, Like, he doesn't have many features on this album, and thinking maybe.
Speaker 2: Three Tyler, Wayne and I think that might have been it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jim Carrey and Quincy Jones.
Speaker 3: But Thriller didn't have any features.
Speaker 2: Yes it did, Paul McCartney, Little Wayne and Paul mccartny same same, Tyler and Paul. But that shocks me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a little.
Speaker 5: Shocking for one of the biggest artists of his time not to be whenever his album drops not to be talked about. But I really don't like me. I don't really go on line and really pay attention to see who people like the artist that people are talking about, so I wouldn't know, like if you saw that, if you didn't notice that, then I mean that is that is weird though it is it is weird when the biggest artist, one of the well one of the biggest artists of his time, puts an album out and everybody isn't talking about it.
Speaker 2: But that kind of goes back to our classic conversation of impact and what everyone's talking about, Like, can you have a classic album if no one talks about it, I don't care how good the music is.
Speaker 5: Can you have a classic album and nobody I don't think to do that as possible. Yeah, if it's a classic album, everybody's talking about it exactly.
Speaker 2: So sometimes yeah, it doesn't just mattertter how good the music is. People talking about something and impact, which can be tied into sales fucking matters. And when you don't do the tricks and the bundles and all the marketing tools, who do you really reach? Do you just reach your algorithms?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Like do we follow do we follow the Weekend? Like is our algorithm and the Weekend fans.
Speaker 2: Like he should how big he is, he should be in everyone's algorithm. He's just that big of an artist where no matter what, it should be there and it should be at the top of any conversation just by proxy. Like there's huge artists that aren't even in this genre or a culture that we know when an album comes out, we're not gonna go run and listen Taylor Swipt puts out on an album, you guys are gonna know it exists. Not saying he's gonna run because that's not your shit, but you will know that that album is out. There's no way you won't, right. I saw that kind of appen with Justin Bieber the last album. I didn't see anyone really talking about it, and it fucking threw me.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, Justin.
Speaker 2: I know he's kind of been on and off, but he's still Justin fucking Bieber and the Weekend too, Like this felt like remember when he did that little ep I forgot the name. It wasn't bad though, I saw a minimal talk about that, and I was like, eh, it was just because it was an EP. Then I went to go look at this stick and this may be the same thing, and it's a full blown fucking album with incredibly expensive production, right, it says, and Quincy Jones and Jim Carrey.
Speaker 3: It says.
Speaker 4: As of Monday, well, yeah, it was being reported that DONFM will move approximately one hundred and fifty thousand to one hundred and seventy thousand copies in its first week out. Decided not to ship any physical copies out as well.
Speaker 2: Well, that's nonetheless incredible to sell one hundred and fifty thousand units.
Speaker 1: What are he selling?
Speaker 2: His last one the Highlights I don't really count as an album. Why it was a bunch of old records and like it was like a compilation.
Speaker 1: Of his career. It wasn't like, I don't count that as an album at all.
Speaker 2: After hours, we'll called remember he did the crazy marketing for that shit to like that was the last real weekend album to me, and that he went out and did what.
Speaker 3: Samars the first week sales to.
Speaker 4: Four hundred and forty four thousand, four for four four hundred and forty four thousand, two hundred and seventy five thousand of those were in pure sales.
Speaker 2: So granted, again, I'm really not the numbers guy, and I really am not trying to focus on him selling less. I'm talking it's more about the impact and what's been going on.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if that's due with the times.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's to do with weekend fans growing up and just have kids and are not paying attention as much. But that's a drastic drop, especially after you do the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's that's more than half.
Speaker 2: Because you would think even at the height, if you're doing the super Bowl, that means my mom knows who you are, and my mom would be not invested, but if you put an album out, would know about it and would at least want to listen.
Speaker 1: She knows your music. Your mom knows the Weekends music.
Speaker 2: She does, but I don't think she knows that the Weekend put out an album, right, I'll see what you mean like at all now? Before Yeah, I think she knew. I just speculating on what's going on.
Speaker 5: It's weird, man, Like you just you know, sometimes when you're you know, you put an all them out and you do almost half a million in sales. It's kind of hard to keep that same.
Speaker 1: That's not you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, that's almost impossible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, so is it is? It? Is this a fail for him to be doing one seven not in this first week?
Speaker 2: But there's the thing, his thing. I don't know. I don't know what he spent. I don't know what his expectations were. I don't know what what's he going, Republic or Republic expected out of it. Granted they did no singles and really no promo, so I don't know what their expectations don't. I don't know if they thought the weekend was someone that maybe he's not.
Speaker 1: Who is he not? Though?
Speaker 2: Maybe he's not this gigantic pop star he is.
Speaker 5: Though we can't know he is. But once you do the super Bowl like you're you're a pop star.
Speaker 2: I agree. But if you put out an album and do one fifty when you used to do four hundred on the last one, it'd still be a pop star. Don't get me wrong, still an icon, But I don't think you are who we thought you were before.
Speaker 5: But like you said, did he have a single for this SONGM? No, that could be you know, part of it for sure? You know what I mean like that sometimes people just don't know what's coming, they don't know what's happening. Then you drop the album and it's like, oh, so maybe this is gonna be a slow burn. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, maybe maybe he'll do it if he does one seventy again.
Speaker 1: Next week listen.
Speaker 2: I'm also of the belief that, especially in these times, you can do more with the post rollout than.
Speaker 1: The pre rollout.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, like you could put the shit out and then let's work the album once it's out, rather than working up to it. So this could be a masterclass in this and we just don't know yet, but I have to bring up and ask and talk about why it was so quiet around one.
Speaker 1: Of the biggest artists. It was definitely a the last twenty years.
Speaker 5: It definitely didn't feel like his album dropped in comparison to other albums, but the album is still good.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 5: I didn't think I was gonna like it after the first listen it just was like, Okay, he's on his eighties eighties pop shit right now. But after listening to it over the weekend, I really liked this album. Though I get it, I understand, you know, that he's different. He's not trying to sound like nobody. He's not trying to duplicate what he already did in his past with other projects.
Speaker 1: And to me, that's what being an artist is.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know, let me create something different, let me let me be different, let me separate myself from everything that's going on. I don't want to look like nobody. I don't want to sound like nobody. I want to be myself. So I salute that period from any artist, once they move on their own and try to do their own thing. But then he delivered. The sound of the album is dope. It's not too far left.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 5: Like I said, it threw me off the first list and I was like, I wasn't expecting this, but it's good.
Speaker 1: It's a good album.
Speaker 2: Oh so we are incorrect though. That had to take take my Breath, Yeah, right, all the time. It did have a lead single. August sixth, twenty twenty one, Take My Breath came out.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of that song.
Speaker 2: I the first time I heard that song was album was on the album, and then obviously when it came out January seventh, Sacrifice is the next single.
Speaker 3: Do we think the weekends to go back to giving his music to other people.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't think so, Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear other people on this type of sound with him producing it. Don't get me wrong, but he I'm still not sick of the Weekend. I still think he's an incredible fucking artist and sure nowhere near his downfall as far as music goes.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna look at first week's sales he's falling off, like.
Speaker 2: No, I'm never that guy. I'm just raising questions on certain stuff. Yeah, around it, but.
Speaker 5: I think I think it'll be a slow burn. I think this album is gonna grow on people. I think once you put the because he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Does he have a video out yet for any of these records. I believe so, because you know that's what you know, once you put out of his visuals.
Speaker 2: Especially I'm sure there's one for Sacrifices that came out probably the day the album, dude, and maybe take my breath. I'm not aware of it, and.
Speaker 3: I think that might be the problem. I don't know if he's doing that on purpose.
Speaker 4: I don't know if his label is dropping the ball, but I'm not seeing promo for.
Speaker 2: This album, between his management and Republic and how they've worked Weekend before, pauls if applicable, No, I can't see them dropping the ball per se because they know what works for him, and that's why I'm curious about it, of course, and that's kind of why I'm curious why they went this route. But either way, what you think of Quincy's therapy.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've seen the documentary and well, for those that didn't.
Speaker 5: Didn't see The Queens, well, if you haven't seen the Quincy Jones documentary, first and foremost, you should absolutely turn that documentary on and watch. But I mean that part of it was dope that he used for the album. That the end of Lito with Quincy talking told about his relationship with women and how it affected him. He didn't realize that until later on in his life, how his relationship of not having his mother and his mother not being in his life affected his relationship with women. I thought it was dope for the Weekend to include that in his album, especially with this type of content and the shit that she talks about. I thought that that was cool to put that in the album.
Speaker 2: Especially because in my in my theory of how this album works with just this long ass coke party. Those are the people that are at the coke party. Yeah, the people with abandonment.
Speaker 1: Issues, abandonment issues into the coke parties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you know what it is like the weekend is not giving you the same House of Balloons, but it's like it might be Helium balloons now, it's not like you know, not to go back.
Speaker 2: House of Balloons is the result of this album. After you do everything on this album, you then get into the depths of what house of balloons is this?
Speaker 1: That's the result.
Speaker 2: It's the backward Star Wars theory on this one.
Speaker 1: You had.
Speaker 2: You faced all your abandonment issues on House of Balloons. After you go through this party chasing the girl that doesn't really give a fuck about you but will still let you beat and that blows your mind because it's never happened to you before.
Speaker 5: Or he went through all of that and now he understands, he recognizes why he went through all of that. Ship like, oh, I'm still heartbroken over this and I didn't have this in my life and I'm missing this and I'm chasing this feeling and so it could be that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not mad at the girl. You just you just matched. You don't really like you because your mother will never liked you exactly.
Speaker 1: And you don't understand that yet. Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So you already have another family that's sick. Now listen, I analyze this album.
Speaker 1: That's the sick ass thought. Man.
Speaker 2: I think there's this is a very intricate track list and how he did everything. I literally pictured this entire album in my mind of the weekend just running around the same club, like just not could not figure out why this girl does not lik him?
Speaker 5: Like track three is how do I Make You Love Me? Yeah, listen to that, how Do I Make You Love Me? And then take my breath?
Speaker 1: Mm hm, is there someone else like you?
Speaker 5: Gotta just look at the like, look at the titles. Every angel is terrifying.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had a girl let you beat and you really liked it and you're used to You're usually the one that leaves the situation like your fuck girl and be like, oh, it's not working out whatever. Then that one time happens where you beat and she wants to leave and you can't figure out why the fuck she wants to leave. So now you become obsessed over it and almost fucking paranoid, and you start liking the girl more because she fucking left and you don't know why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's what this album is about. To me.
Speaker 5: It's of a man's ego, like you just want to know why. You want to know why she's leaving exactly, just like it's just a com like tell me why you're leaving.
Speaker 2: And now I gotta make you like me. Now, now I gotta prove some shit. Yeah, which is terrible, And that's just abandonment issues. And that's what Quincy is talking about.
Speaker 1: Life is crazy.
Speaker 2: And then Jim Carrey at the end is like, I told you regret the shit, like you ever stay out to the party till four? Like I stay another hour. Then you get in the cab and you're like, why did I stay out this late?
Speaker 1: I think about that as soon as I get to the party. But why am I here?
Speaker 2: I told myself on the couch, get up?
Speaker 5: Why am I here? This shit is trash, This shit is terrible. Every time I go out and tell myself.
Speaker 2: That for sure, this is the before hours when you go.
Speaker 3: All with us all you have fun.
Speaker 5: I have, well, I have fun I'm not gonna say I don't have fun, but it definitely be like, Yo, we could have did this somewhere else.
Speaker 1: It could have just been us somewhere, like we didn't have to come here, we have to get this undred of other people. Yeah, send you this much money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like, yo, we could have went somewhere else more low key, Like I'm not guy now, I just hate being around a bunch of because your energy is a real thing. Man, Like when you partying with a bunch of Like somebody said something, they said, yo, if the whole thought of going out, like just the whole process of actually going out to a club is built off of like anxiety, like from dealing with the person at the door to get then to getting a table, all of that. It's like, by the time you go through all of that energy and emotion of dealing with people, you want to drink.
Speaker 1: You're like, y'all need a drink?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then if like you're in the club so like I don't drink. So if you're in the club sober, being in the club sober is the worst ship in the world. I mean, I smoke, But that's a difference that it's different it's different than drinking.
Speaker 2: I never understood people that could be sober. I can barely be drunk in the club.
Speaker 1: Being sober in the club.
Speaker 5: Fuck like the music you like, this ship is loud. You notice everything when you sober, Like, Yo, this ship is loud. This girl is pissing me off, Like why is she yelling? Why she walking around barefoot? Like somebody's throwing up over here. Oh that's that's every club, that's every night.
Speaker 2: I mean, the club crowd is almost like the frequent flyer crowd to me, Like you just literally at every check point, you're complaining about something thought and all you're doing is talking to strangers about the similar complaints. And that's how you form bonds. And it's like, why are we doing this in the first place? Why do we continue to do this to it? It's just weird, man, Like you go to complain because at the club there's more people complaining than having fun.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely, it's mad.
Speaker 2: People looking at everyone going like these people are so fake.
Speaker 1: I'm so sick. No, we're all fake. You're here too.
Speaker 5: And now it's nasty because everybody's on their phone. Like you go to a party, now everybody's on their phone security is on.
Speaker 2: Unless cars DJ. Then the dances working, the crying talk about their dad touched them, like it's yeah, what what party is that party?
Speaker 1: It was great? My god?
Speaker 2: Wait, seriously, I want to know how more would have moves in that party. You would have fun at that one because no one was on their foot.
Speaker 1: Women talking about their dad touched them.
Speaker 2: I was jomming was different party.
Speaker 1: I'd have been on my phone calling the uber quick.
Speaker 2: Like I listen you guys. Put me in a room in LA with a girl that told me she just had an abortion. So I don't want to hear from any.
Speaker 1: Sick It'd be some sick ship going on.
Speaker 3: D Like, you don't see this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It'd be some sick ship going on out here.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Well, like I don't ever want to know, Like just telling somebody just had an abortion is just crazy.
Speaker 1: Who wants to hear that? Why are you telling nothing?
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm very pro life.
Speaker 5: It's your eyes. She looked in your eyes, you have cond eyes. Like she just felt like she was in a safe space.
Speaker 2: No people can see. There's people I run into are like, oh, I can see a certain sadness about you. So I can relate. I think she saw that and was like abortion, and I was like, WHOA, tell me about how you guys broke up first?
Speaker 1: What's his name? Your boyfriend? Not the baby? All right? So else are you gonna gonna gonna put out an album?
Speaker 5: I don't know if you heard it, but telling her Maras, I like it, man, I like the Gunn album before me. I'm not a huge Gunner fan at all. I mean, I recognize he's talented, but this album is I like it. I was very surprised. I was like, yeah, I wasn't gonna listen to it, but I was like, you know what, let me let me get into the to the Gunna wave a little bit and see because I've heard songs and I'm like, he could obviously make.
Speaker 1: Records for sure.
Speaker 3: Tell the audience your hot take, my hot I don't.
Speaker 1: Know if it's a hot take. I don't think he can meet it. And I didn't think it spoke about it's not hot to I said, uh.
Speaker 5: And talking to Damarus earlier, I said, I think Gunna makes better albums than Little Baby. He makes better records. Little Baby is obviously a better rapper.
Speaker 1: I think Little Baby's last album, I have to listen. It's Gunna.
Speaker 2: One was the first time I felt like, oh, Baby's an artist for real, he can make No. Prior to that, I always though, yeah, Gunner makes better songs.
Speaker 1: I think I think Gunner is that.
Speaker 5: I think Gunn is the better, better songmaker, little Baby is the better rapper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that's a crazy that's not.
Speaker 1: A hot take, that's not a hot tape.
Speaker 5: But listening to this Gunner album, I really liked this album a lot. I was really surprised how good it was. A couple records on it that I really like listening to it for the last three days, like he put together a really dope project.
Speaker 1: Man, the features are dope.
Speaker 5: Twenty one Savages, but I thought that twenty one Savages verse on Ross's album was probably twenty one Savages best verse. But the verse is his verse on Cole's album, the verse that he was Savage could rap, bro, I know you, he put out a good album.
Speaker 2: Twenty one Savage can rap. It may not be the way you want to hear rap. One Savage is saying.
Speaker 5: I still think the verse on Ross's album might be his best, his best verse though, verse, Yeah, I think that might.
Speaker 2: Be revisit that cold one. Though he was getting in the same ship Quincy was getting into.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna check it out.
Speaker 2: He would say, I only funk with because that's that's the bushes that accept me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like I like you, you good girl, chick you Yeah, you're not for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, he gets this.
Speaker 1: Gonna album, This Gunna album is really good. Though, I'm not gonna lie, I really like this albums.
Speaker 2: How's the Chloe record?
Speaker 5: The Chloe record was dope. The record with him and Kodak is dope. The record with him and uh Chris Brown and Young Blues is dope.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 5: The so Far Ahead Empire record is dope. A lot of Cake was dope.
Speaker 2: So it was a classic.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gonna say that, but this is a good album. This is a good album man.
Speaker 2: So this is basically it takes a nation.
Speaker 1: No, this is I think that this album.
Speaker 2: If Weekend is thriller, then no, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what Timbland again, Timblin just had a moment. Yeah, I do love that.
Speaker 2: The Going to the Basketball Game Together rollout still has not died. It's still it's argainly successful because I saw Chloe was on the album. I was like, oh, shit, Chloe's on the album, and I was like, oh, they went to the game together.
Speaker 1: This was already planned. You know, you got to go to the game. Shit court side, you know how it is?
Speaker 2: Man, Listen, man, Chris Brown and Rihanna put out Ain't Nobody's business after that ship and then sack court side on Christmas? Yeah, how come the picture of them? You know how we have like all those iconic pictures and all that shit of all time, Like that needs to be on an Urban Outfitters T shirts. Yeah, the two of them at the game on Christmasucie.
Speaker 3: Home baking cookies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 5: Man, some section going on our culture. But y'all, like y'all don't sit back and really think about the ship that goes on.
Speaker 2: Man, here's the thing. I don't think the celebrities are the sick ones. I think they identify how sick we all are and just cater to our sickness.
Speaker 5: Well, the celebrities just find a way they're like us. They just find a way to talk about how sick they are better and yes, they make us dance to them saying how sick they are.
Speaker 2: But I think that's the celebrity genius. At the end of the day, it's not their actual talent. It's identifying what is sick about us and then entertain nice melody ain't nobody's business. And then we're going to go to the game together on Christmas Day, which is like everybody feud, everybody shit ever in the fucking Staples Center. That's the sickest thing ever.
Speaker 5: Bro Listen, man, you know the artist celebrities are humans too, man. They just want to have fun, do their own thing. They just in the spotlight and things get magnified differently, that's all.
Speaker 2: And that's how I had to respect Roddy Rich because they tried to get him with the that at the game roll out was sweetie. He was sleep, Roddy said, I was there first. I sat down first. He was sleep for some of that game. I was at that game in l A.
Speaker 1: He was sleep.
Speaker 2: You see Roddy taking it some Z promise y'all.
Speaker 5: Roddy Rich was sleep for some of that. I'm telling you. He had his shades on, but he was sleep.
Speaker 2: And it was funny. I don't think he does like I don't think he's one of them. Drug kids.
Speaker 1: Either.
Speaker 2: He was probably just really tired.
Speaker 5: And they probably, like you said, they make you go there, sit courtside, like put your big chain on, put some ships on, and just sit.
Speaker 2: Down, sit next to sweetie.
Speaker 1: He was sleep.
Speaker 2: He was definitely I was when they asked him that. In that response, I was there first. Is the funniest fucking response to a seat ever.
Speaker 5: But it's real though, Like Nigga, I didn't know she was coming. I was here and they tapped me and say, yo, sweet we're gonna sit.
Speaker 2: Sweety next we hit the same scalper out front from.
Speaker 1: The Crazy You got some court sides available?
Speaker 2: Can I? Since you guys were listening to the Gunner album a weekend, can someone explain what P is to me?
Speaker 6: With P?
Speaker 2: I saw that all over my timeline, like do something dope and then insert P, like if you are loyal, that's P.
Speaker 1: If you don't know in relationship, I don't know that sling.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that means. I don't know what P means. Is it is?
Speaker 1: It? Is it?
Speaker 3: Where's Julian?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Pressure, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It seemed like it was a great They basically took the weekend away from Justin le Boy. I see what their their social team was doing over there were Gunner and I applauded. They was just taking the meme game. Yeah, it was quiet for your brother this weekend. Everything was on Gunner. Justin Lea Boy and Justin Leman could not speak at all.
Speaker 1: Justin lemon an name, that's big, that's big.
Speaker 3: Ain't just like who's Justin le Man like?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just saw those memes everybody.
Speaker 1: I found out what he means.
Speaker 2: So Damarus found out what it meant. He means player or pimp?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pimping player? What else was it? Demararus? Uh?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Pure?
Speaker 1: Pure, keep it pure, keep it pure. See you don't keep it pure enough?
Speaker 2: How could something mean pure and pimping.
Speaker 5: That's the beauty of our culture. That's the beauty of our culture right there. Or we can just take the sometimes keeping it pipping's keep it pure.
Speaker 1: And you gotta be playing at the same time. You keeping it pure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and pimping and player can mean multiple women or not lying to any woman.
Speaker 5: Seeing, we're about to fall into a whole a bunch of different ways about to fall in the whole, different conversation.
Speaker 2: Now, keeping a player means you're keeping it real with all of them. But then also we got somebody that has a bunch of women that he's not keeping it real with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we gotta start calling out, like when dude's bake, I'm keeping it playing because a lot of the times you ain't keeping it player. You're just saying you're keeping it playing. But you emotional, oh for sure, and keeping it play a big part of keeping it play it is not being emotional at all. And I think that to part that a lot of people forget, Like keeping the player means cool, Like I'm not no matter how this goals, I'm not gonna get ruffled. My feathers are not gonna ruffle. I'm not gonna get upset. I'm not gonna be angry. I'm not gonna stalk you. I'm not gonna be texting you, blowing your phone up.
Speaker 1: Keep it cool. Well, here's the thing I'm not gonna say.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna cop to all of that, but I used to front like I didn't give a fuck and I waslair. I want to give a fuck. I'm not one of those people with anything. I give a fuck, and I'm emotional, per all the time in front of Uh yeah, but I can control my emotions. It's not meaning that they're not there and that I don't express them. No, I'm not stalking you. I'm not fucking calling you thirty times. I'm not one of those people just because I have things to do that day. But right, right, right, that just takes a lot of free time to do that. But I am one hundred percent emotional, I think, and I think that's a more p thing if you will, like I will admit when I'm hurt, and I will tell you why I'm hurt.
Speaker 1: Keeping it purely emotional.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't fee I'm a PPP loan.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, you keep it purely emotional. I get blown out my emotions. I think that.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny a lot of the times you listen to we listen to the music that we listened to, and you know a lot of these artists be talking at play and ship and they you know, they're pimp and this they got all the women. And but it's like when you meet some of the women they deal with in real life and like they start showing you like text messages, You're like, that's not him.
Speaker 1: That's not hill that kept me here.
Speaker 2: It happens way more than y'all think of that.
Speaker 1: I wish people understood that.
Speaker 2: And not like I've ever asked for it. Women would just show me because like when you're just friends with women, you have a different relationship with them, absolutely, and they're also used to men, not just wanting to be friends with them. So then they just look at you like you the gay bestie, and I'm like, y'all, I don't need to see that. But that's hysterical.
Speaker 5: It's funny when you start like, wait, no, that's not him. Yeah, man, like you got me fucked up.
Speaker 1: You just met him like last week, but how you got sucked up in a week?
Speaker 2: But you do know, like artists by definition are the most emotional people on earth. That's why it's so funny for sure. But that's why rap is so funny, because it's like, all right, you're never supposed to talk about crimes, that's the rule, and rap is only talking about crimes or rap is supposed to be this machis mo macho shit. Yet you're an artist, right, You're you're an emo. Fuck, I don't care what you do if you are into art, you have to have there some emotion to be a good artist.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: So that's why it's just the catch twenty two of hip hop, back to how words can mean two different things in the culture. It's great, it's just funny because those are the most emotional people.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you want to say on Mike or off, I'll say Future is an emotional motherfucker. Like, he's not this fucking thing.
Speaker 1: We know that. I think the cats out the bag.
Speaker 2: He's not this like crazy toxic fuck man bitches.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: No, he's no, he's he's he's doing that every last one of his baby mother he's doing that.
Speaker 1: But he's there's always a lot of emotion behind that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And that's the part that a lot of dudes don't see, is like, y'all listen to this ship if y'all want to know. It sounds great blaring through the speakers in the club and everybody's drinking, smoking, see them text messages.
Speaker 2: Though, what's song? What's the Future song on Certified lover Boy that I love.
Speaker 1: Way too sexy?
Speaker 2: No, the other one.
Speaker 1: That was the ship, My other one on Certified lover.
Speaker 2: Boy when he says on the hook, she'll fuck me for that AP. She'll fuck me for that. She'll fuck me for that AP. No Future killed that ship. That record is incredible Into Deep, one of my favorites off that album. I don't think people are listening to Future's crying out she'll fuck me for the AP. He's not happy about that. He's disgusted with his life and disgusted with the people that are around him. That's like, y'all are hearing a hook. I am hearing help like help me, Like, look who I'm around. She'll fuck me for that AP. He's crying.
Speaker 4: I mean, he just got some bad bitches that. I don't think he's crying.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is and is subjective.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen a comedian telling an amazing joke, an amazing bit that has a dark undertone to it.
Speaker 1: M hm. He didn't react that.
Speaker 2: Way when this story happened, like he's really hurt about this. He's just making a joke about it. Artists, it may sound good on the record, it wasn't good.
Speaker 1: When it happened. He is coming from a place of hurt.
Speaker 2: He was running around his house upset that all these buses just want to fuck him for an ap I.
Speaker 1: Would be upset to living.
Speaker 5: I will be upset to if all these bitches just wanted to fuck me for a watch, I would be like, all right, man, where's my life?
Speaker 2: Do I have any value?
Speaker 1: Like I'm here? Like somebody talk to.
Speaker 2: Me, any substances, Somebody.
Speaker 1: Have a conversation with me, like get to know me.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the player, shit, uh Andre three thousand on Duce's remix, I'm gonna keep a player.
Speaker 1: I won't tell you all the details.
Speaker 2: The seven verses before him told you every detail you could ever fucking think of, whatever relationship they were.
Speaker 5: Ever, that's why three thousands is different, because to tell some details, don't get it twisted.
Speaker 1: You know he did. But he heard all those other verses and he was like, oh, that's what you're doing. All right, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Can we.
Speaker 3: Can?
Speaker 2: I give a hot take, and it's when I retake, though it's not the hot take of reason saying Fab is better than Andre three thousand. We can get into that later. It's not one of those hot takes. Deuce's remix is terrible. To get that crew of legends together and for each of them to spit one of their worst verses ever. As a collective is a foot in itself. Three Stacks isn't even that good on that.
Speaker 1: See, now I gotta listen to It's been so long since I heard that.
Speaker 2: Fab starts his verse out with drizzy voice. Kanye comes in after you had to remember the time of when it happened, talk about emotional, that old Ambushit was happening publicly. He came on that Deuce's remix. Didn't even think about roymen. You know what, you're a bitch, get your get your ship right, you get your ship off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, therapy.
Speaker 2: Then Drake took that fucking amazing beat and was like, forty, let's ruin it with some keys. It was not I just landed. I'm sitting in my hotel room, and.
Speaker 1: Now I gotta listen to it.
Speaker 2: He needs to because he bodied t I Drake ross three Stacks.
Speaker 1: Kanye, he bodied everybody on that.
Speaker 2: Kevin McCole bodied everybody on that.
Speaker 1: Kevin McColl His verse was dope on that. I remember that.
Speaker 3: I like Drake's verse. I think Drake is the best verse on the remix.
Speaker 2: I like Drake's verse sort of, but.
Speaker 3: I enjoy Kanye is the best.
Speaker 2: But like when that beat knock and then we just got to stop for the breakdown. This was a classic. Oh if you was around for this, just that intro outside.
Speaker 1: Ship, this was that ship bullshit the.
Speaker 2: Bird who was on Twitter when that came out?
Speaker 1: Me for sure? All that bullships for the birds ain't nothing but a vulte. You heard Chris getting his ship off.
Speaker 2: Dad had been the most tweeted bar I think of all time, one of them for sure, I g caption highest ever. But let's get to thetuales. We already know what Christ that ship, and we know what Tiger did. Put some respect on his name. Who wants to see Tiger versus one thing?
Speaker 3: Tiger is No matter what comes out with a single, it's gonna be a hit.
Speaker 1: He keep a record for sure, you know.
Speaker 2: And all right, man, Drake is one of my favorite of all time. But when this beat knock, save this for the last man?
Speaker 1: You best our bag.
Speaker 2: Now all of a sudden, you just gotta have this is what you mean?
Speaker 3: I ain't call you.
Speaker 1: It's a whole new song. Just change the song. But that was hard, Yeah that I like the breakdowns and songs, and that one not on this beat tell me, tell me you in your hotel room.
Speaker 5: But you gotta realize that was coming off of I think was Marvin's room out back then.
Speaker 3: That took me back was that. I think this was pre Marvin's.
Speaker 4: I think definitely pres room.
Speaker 1: Marked that up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Marvin's room was like.
Speaker 1: Now Drake hilt that now I'm remembering it. I'm waiting in my hotel room. Seems like.
Speaker 5: You don't wrap like that, You known't he don't rap like that one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think she'll be able to sell a song. But I I for you right, I will and me with out no breaks, I will fugod And it says you with curves and me without no breaks.
Speaker 4: That was that was my picture capture years.
Speaker 1: Don't want to be in my eyes.
Speaker 2: But don't feel like a verse that says after he hits the breaks, what you kill them in?
Speaker 1: After he said with all thems like you don't say it and say you like this verse. It's funny hearing how niggas used to wrap and how they rap.
Speaker 2: Now he's spoke, I'm really you feel like you but with them nothing ass bitches. This is just this felt like around. I think I shall have PTSD from swagger like us.
Speaker 1: So he was kind of off the whole posse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I was still like we all they're gonna do is get together and not do anything good because they're all gonna be scared. Like as competition. I don't really know like what I should do here?
Speaker 1: What was on that too?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, play a little bit of ROAs like hearing these records now, I'll be forgetting how to start as soon as I hear it, Like.
Speaker 8: We used to beat you know what, yo, you were bitch. You should have a travel agent because you a trip, you should make it the ship.
Speaker 1: But some fucking issues, you fucking bitch.
Speaker 2: He felt that.
Speaker 1: He felt that, but it's like why you keep is it?
Speaker 2: Keeping it?
Speaker 1: That was not keeping it pet at all. That was keeping it.
Speaker 2: D nah man, he's he's expressing how he feels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you come on, fam. That ship wasn't even a hard ball.
Speaker 2: Though, No, that isn't. He was just mad, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's like that ship wasn't even hard That ship was just like we know who he talking about, because that's when those verses was the thing like who are talking about?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah no this was but this was that was a year, like, oh, who are talking about?
Speaker 2: That was like when fucking uh, what's something been for Darkswess the Fantasy with John Legend Lame Game came out. It was like tearing this poor girl apart, like we can see her stranger Chris.
Speaker 1: Rock On on the Yeah.
Speaker 4: That was where my Instagram name, my Aliens came from. Maristotle came from.
Speaker 1: What did you teach him?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: You man?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 5: I want to know your class, your master class with the marriage was up there teaching I want to know crazy.
Speaker 1: That's very funny.
Speaker 4: Kanye really came out and said Jay finally got it through my head and not around my mouth. And then Niggs spent the rest of his career and run his mouth.
Speaker 1: He didn't listen to Jay at all.
Speaker 3: He didn't get it through at all.
Speaker 2: Not once. Now he actually continued to talk about Jay. He went to talk about Jay instead. I love Yay and I'm talking ship That Duce's remix was cool, but I will say that just shows how crazy the Real Deuces was because the original was far better than a remix.
Speaker 1: With every legend from that era.
Speaker 4: When's the last good posse cut where everybody actually had good verses.
Speaker 3: Who was it? Touch it?
Speaker 1: The last one?
Speaker 2: Tho, Well, let's define posse cut. It has to be at least more than four right, and we're making a record or we rapping.
Speaker 1: You said making a record.
Speaker 2: Like there's records now with four artists on it, Like it's all of the lights of posse cut because there's like seven legends on it. But it's not a posse cut. I'm saying, like where people were rapping, let's put a hook or a sample in there.
Speaker 1: You have to have a verse verse lost.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, is that a posse that's a song. It's not a posse cut. That's not so so banned from TV was a posse cut. It was a four bar loop and they just kept rapping. That's a posse cut. Reservoir Dog is a posse cut. I think a train is a posse cut.
Speaker 3: Remix is a posse cut.
Speaker 2: In a when wrapped went very emotional. Yes, that would be considered a possy cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that was That's.
Speaker 2: A sick passy cut. But then again, fucking problems, I guess would be a possi cut. Much of I'm being too much of a purist on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking Problems.
Speaker 2: I guess it is a Possi cut then, because we were saying who got who on it, and it was like a club record.
Speaker 5: If I feel like we just got one not too long ago a Posse cut, We're stupid and don't remember things.
Speaker 1: No music comes out every fucking day now, it's hard to who would put out album.
Speaker 2: I mean, Russ's entire album is a Possy cut.
Speaker 1: That's just we just got one.
Speaker 4: Monster is definitely a post cut. It fucking Problems is a Possi cut, then Monster is a Posse cut.
Speaker 2: Rick Ross has two bars in the beginning, and then you get a Jay, Nicky and Kanye three artists. Ross No, he's like growls.
Speaker 1: And then we just got not too long ago.
Speaker 5: But I can't remember. But Deuce's remix is uh is one of the most legendary Possy cuts, though the most.
Speaker 2: Emotional Possey cut. It's got to go before though, well, I don't know what the one blood remix the longest.
Speaker 1: That that's that's more than the.
Speaker 2: Only game would be the one to pull that off.
Speaker 1: How long is that? How long is that record?
Speaker 5: An hour and a half that recognized two days long at least for sure, you really go to sleep and wake up, Wake up, niggas are still rapping.
Speaker 1: You're like, all right, man, I'm cool.
Speaker 2: Listen, if Sirius give us a real radio show to fill up the first week, I'm just playing one blove remix. I'm gonna leave the student.
Speaker 5: That's all you need to play one blood leave, go on vacation, come back. It'll be two minutes left in the record.
Speaker 2: For sure, you could probably still discover new rappers from that.
Speaker 1: Today. Blood Game was calling everybody for a verse.
Speaker 2: Listen that ship, and he did that on purpose. Unfortunately, we had a milli from every rapper that we didn't want to hear from. No, it was once it was just Wayne and then everyone decided to take the beat and wrap over it. Wayne didn't ask nobody to do that ship a remix.
Speaker 1: Corey Guns was on that right.
Speaker 3: He was on six.
Speaker 1: To when he was teaching them. Corey got off on that.
Speaker 2: Corey did got I think six for seven foot is better than a millie.
Speaker 1: But that's just me? Is I do too? Yeah, that's how I take you. Sorry, no apologize. That's definitely not a hot take.
Speaker 2: No, Corey definitely went off on that. But yeah, all right, so we figured out what he is. I'm still sticking with with Duce's remix being very underwhelming. When do you'll go back to Duce's remix?
Speaker 3: I play it.
Speaker 1: Regularly, I haven't. I haven't heard that record in the long.
Speaker 5: You talking about it definitely brought up like a lot of old Like I remember where I was at when that ship came out?
Speaker 1: What was going on? But everybody was wearing with.
Speaker 5: The fashion look like that's when G shocks was going crazy. What every shock eerror?
Speaker 2: Every color and the fake ones look real and they were so cheap.
Speaker 1: Didn't they have a fake G shock?
Speaker 3: Is na? They had a fake G shot?
Speaker 1: No, I know they had, but I was wearing a fake shock is crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're all right, how old were you when G Shocks came out? Not when they came out, but when they were like repopping.
Speaker 1: Twenty ten ten? I was twenty eight, twenty nine, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Some of us were eighteen and you know, maybe didn't have much money, so we bought fake G shots from the mall or from now Street.
Speaker 1: That's just crazy, though, wearing a fake G shot, It's crazy. How much was G shot?
Speaker 2: Eighty bucks? In most Yeah, like.
Speaker 1: That's so wearing a fake one? Like, come on, man, you just you know why. I don't understand why.
Speaker 2: They looked they were the only watch that was fake that looked identical because shots.
Speaker 5: A plastic, That's all I say. That's why don't wearing a fake g shot wasn't really fake? Yeah exactly, that's what about to say, how do you even know?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 4: I don't understand why people with fake shit because it's like, just don't wear it, just don't buy Yeah, Like, what's the fucking with that? What is the point of That's a mental that's a mental disease. When fake shit is a mental.
Speaker 2: Disease, that's a it's a quincy abandonment.
Speaker 1: It's bro shit, Just wear it? Why are you wearing that? Ship? What jewelry?
Speaker 2: I don't understand it, but I do get it. The rich people that wear fake jewelry, I get it. Here's why I get it. I know what you meant it. I wouldn't do it, but I get.
Speaker 1: It because you get it because they have the money obviously to buy it.
Speaker 2: On top of that, you're a target. Someone's going for it. If you lose that on a night out, just fucking worry it. Well, some of us are not tough and we want to wear jewelry.
Speaker 6: Mo.
Speaker 1: I remember my homeboy. My homeboy was in town visiting.
Speaker 5: I won't say his name, but he had on like a really really expensive watch and watch is probably about seventy thousand dollars and but it was no diamonds. It was just like, you know, one of those type of watches. It was just a plane autemark. He wants to to girl, fucking for the aps whatever. Probably he wants me to walk with him through Harlem, through the projects.
Speaker 1: He's like, Yo, come on, let's walk over there. Let's go see.
Speaker 5: I'm like, fam, all right, we're gonna get in the car. Like, I'm not walking with you through no projects. He's like, well, I'm like, bro, you got a seventy thousand dollars watch on.
Speaker 1: I'm not scared. I'm smart. Yeah, I'm like, yo, what are you? He's like, yo, but it's no diamonds. Nobody gonna know. I'm like, bro, you got the streets twisted worth And he didn't understand.
Speaker 5: Like, I'm like, bro, you have a seventy thousand dollars watch on, Like, but my thing is.
Speaker 2: So you lined them.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Hell, but my thing was.
Speaker 5: If somebody, if somebody like you said, wearing a fake one, because if you get robbed, but it's like why even wear it?
Speaker 2: Well, then that's the embarrassing part when the person that robs you knows how to use the internet and now you have to deal with I really robbed this guy for some fake shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but because you know the person has money, it doesn't matter. But my thing is, you just don't wear anything at all. Like that's why I never understood people wearing fake watches and jewelry or fake clothes because it's like, bro, you could wear a lot of other regular shit and still look good.
Speaker 2: But I think just with their success rate of wearing fake shit and the things and attention that came to them makes them think I should just do this moving forward until the time comes at the robbed and everyone finds out his fake Like even like my favorite Ross bar Is on that shit when he said to Burban, I found out your watch was fake, and then he doesn't even grunt it. He's sod like he sighs like I felt.
Speaker 1: And at that time bird Man was a billionaire.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's still like it goes back to what I'm saying, why even why even have anything fake when you got that type of money, Just don't just don't have it at all, I guess you know what I mean. Like it's like you people know you got money. You don't need to wear a fake watch because you might get robbed, So let them rob you for some fake ship.
Speaker 1: Like, just don't wear nothing.
Speaker 2: Maam, I drive a mons. Just still right, and it's going to remain that the massie spend the.
Speaker 1: Block to them. Yeah, ain't nobody gonna rock you.
Speaker 5: You say is very harlem Is are very well, Now hold on, there's still certain blocks that. Yeah, niggas be doing that ship nigga with the you know, with the with the pistol out nigga that little dance right there. When you see them niggas doing that, that's the demon babies, the niggas that be doing all that ship.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, them niggas are give your issue for sure.
Speaker 2: That's how you know.
Speaker 1: They give you an issue.
Speaker 5: Dancing with the glockout is just hilarious though, Like think about that, like where we at in our culture where niggas is dancing with the pistols out.
Speaker 2: I used to be terrified of blocks. When I see grown men on like small BMX bikes and ship that was just always a sign to me like, oh, I'm in a neighborhood. I probably this isn't the one when grown men was on those type of bikes. Now it's just it's right in the air, like, no, that's a gun. And these dancing I know that it's just in a recall trial.
Speaker 5: With the little the little body strap joints that use body of the cross what do you call the cross body bags?
Speaker 2: You know what I really got terrified not when I was around JUnit and they was wearing real bulletproof vests. I'm terrified now because these young kids wear fake bulletproof vests is a fashion statement. That's why I'm terrified. Y'all really don't care about your lives, because you could really put the kevlar on and still have the same fashion statement. You're wearing fake bulletproof vests while dancing with a pistol.
Speaker 1: Well you can't. Well that's as crazy as it sounds.
Speaker 5: You can't have a real bulletproofvest, but you also.
Speaker 2: A legal pistol dance sixteenth Street exactly.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy, man.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, can someone explain the fake bulletproofvest trends to me?
Speaker 1: Somebody?
Speaker 2: I know it looks good on the dirt bike. Yeah, it's just fall on the dirt bike. That's not gonna hat at all. I can help you.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just for the look. I don't get it. I don't understand it.
Speaker 5: But you know, I can't understand why the young dudes wear that ship it's for the look.
Speaker 2: I walked into the Donda show everybody I thought there was I thought it was a bomb scare.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I turned around, sat.
Speaker 1: Is here just for the look? Security's security.
Speaker 3: They had you buttoned up in one You don't do that.
Speaker 1: You had an have a don de vest on.
Speaker 5: Okay, because if I'm letting you know that for pick surfaces of you donofs, you're not gonna hit the end of it.
Speaker 2: I can assure you.
Speaker 1: I did not have a tie. Alright, cool, that's all the mask.
Speaker 5: I'm just asking now before I sure you Okay, I believe it.
Speaker 2: I was the only one unprotected by by.
Speaker 3: The by the Lord.
Speaker 2: I did not have God's ketlar surrounding me, but I felt like if everyone else had them on and I was in the circle they would block or the devil. Okay, they couldn't have consequence. But other than that, YoY yo from no one with a bullet prof bests stop consequences.
Speaker 1: You go here, you go, You're gonna find a way.
Speaker 2: Anyways, there was something else I did want to talk about that I had on the list because that not much happened really at all.
Speaker 1: But when does it ever?
Speaker 2: Oh, this was stupid, but I laughed, who are you taking Jahien versus versus Usher?
Speaker 5: You know, I saw that and I started to text you because I didn't know if that was real or not.
Speaker 1: But we gotta pray for Jahen. He needs a Donda. He needs he needs a Donda because what what? Who?
Speaker 5: Who told him that that was a good idea to put that out in universe?
Speaker 1: Like? Who was with him? Him? And now I'm telling you this is they gonna they want this.
Speaker 2: Him, They want this with the streets. And he said, only the fans can get it done. It's on us now, Jhem put it on us. Listen, man, he said, he's read, he said, and he put a time on it one month.
Speaker 1: That's all Usher gets.
Speaker 2: My favorite part of that entire caption was yo, it's nothing personal.
Speaker 5: No, this is one thousand personal because you're the only one that.
Speaker 2: Wants to see the usher. Nothing personal, listen.
Speaker 5: Jahim has some records that we love, love ja. You know, he's had some some moments on the internet where we laughed at him. He has questionable, fashionable moments, and.
Speaker 2: He brought some light to a very dark time at Whitney's funeral. We were all feeling it and he.
Speaker 1: Brought and we got we got a good joke out of it.
Speaker 2: So he laughed at you too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like, you know, we love Jahien because it's like we love you, you know what I mean from our culture. You've had some some some really dope records. But a versus against Usher Jahim, I.
Speaker 2: Mean the person that gets ready for their friend's funeral and looks through the closet and goes purple. Probably not the brightest person.
Speaker 1: No, but it's it's really it's really a call for attention. That's what it really is.
Speaker 5: Like you want attention, you want uh you know, you want the eyes to be on you, you want to focus on you. It's really a call for That's all of this. But Jahim, you have to understand that you will never be in a versus ring with Usher. It's never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I mean he could do it, like he could play Usher's side. He can set up like two laptops.
Speaker 5: No, he can do it because he can do whatever he wants from his home. For sure, he will never be on the same stage with Usher. No, that's not gonna happen. And that you know again, I like Jahim. You got records that we listen to, still classic R and B records. But come on, man, who do you put against Usher them? I think it would only be one person you could put against Usher, and that maybe Chris Brown. That would be the only person that would be a worthy opponent.
Speaker 2: Please ignore my white face when I say this.
Speaker 4: Justin I think, I think, I think just I think Justin is a better opponent for Usher than Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: Is does wait? Justin is a better opponent than Chris Brown? Fuck? No? He Oh no, I.
Speaker 3: Think you're sleeping on Justin a little.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. I'm not sleeping on Justin at all.
Speaker 5: But I think Usher cleans Justin up wins. But I'm saying a better opponent Justin Temple. No, okay, wait, is Justin timb Blake playing in sinc record.
Speaker 3: Of course Justin is playing all records.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still think should get them out of you know, I think that should be Chris and Justin.
Speaker 1: But Chris got a lo the fucking records though.
Speaker 2: He does, but he's got a lot of in the moment records, like they was the biggest single that year and then we stopped listening to them.
Speaker 1: He has a lot of time.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of timeless ones to who don't.
Speaker 1: Get it twisted.
Speaker 2: But Usher has ship like you could play let It Burn right now, and that's like, that's a point and that wouldn't even be that high on Usher's.
Speaker 3: Twenty Usher could play every single song on confession.
Speaker 5: The only worthy opponent to me, I mean, Justin Timberlake is Justin Timberlake. He's a fucking legend. But I think Usher Chris Burn for the culture, Usher Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: Now what would be interesting with that and how they could add another element? And I know we always talk about versus add performance to it. No, no, no, no, no, I'm not talking about this. I'm not talking about singing it like dog, get your dancers, get your pyro, get your lights.
Speaker 1: You don't want to say, Chris Brown, the fuck up yo.
Speaker 2: Y'all that I think that might have been what would help Chris Chris's busy dance.
Speaker 4: He can his ass off, but Usher has that that Michael kind of Chris Brown is a better dancing right now today. Okay, he can dance, but dancing and performing is a completely different things. Usher captures the audience, the what everything he does is so smooth. Chris gonna go on there, crump backflip, backflip, Okay, but it's.
Speaker 2: Not got christ I think y'all got breezy Chris.
Speaker 5: Chris Brown, nah man, Chris Brown is a fucking entertainer, performer, whatever you want to call it. Chris Brown is one of them for sure. Yeah, and I love Usher. I love Usher, but Chris Brown is a better dancing and Usher, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean?
Speaker 3: You can define better dancer he dances.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know how you want to break that down. His one two step, he lands on the balls of his feet better. I don't know what the he wanted to tell you, but you have to think that Chris Brown is a better dance. Usher is a phenomenal entertaining dance as well. That's why I think those two would be.
Speaker 3: I think us she was a better performer the dancing. We got a dancer.
Speaker 5: You think ushers are better entertainer? Well, Usher's now is I seen at his at his Vegas residency. He's he's on stage performing and roller skating. That's some superflying bro. That's some superfly ship to not fall like to you know what I mean to be on.
Speaker 2: It's so smooth, Like I just seen Rocky Thunder and Tow at the Halloween party on skates and she didn't for once drinking her hand.
Speaker 1: But that was but she it was a whole crowd to walk through town. Imagine being on roller skates.
Speaker 5: How did how did Rocky get down the steps idea?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's impressive. This was a belong.
Speaker 2: It was years ago in Halloween and I was like, Rocky, have you, like, do you have shoes?
Speaker 1: She's like, nam, skates, No, you gotta when you got the more, you got to have more skated down eighth hilarious. Yeah, No, But I Usher is He's again.
Speaker 5: He's a legend man obviously, But I think I think Chris Brown is a better is a better dancer though, Like I think I think Chris is just he just won.
Speaker 1: I mean they wanted the same. It's I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is such a mid two thousands podcast debating car to three classes. We're going from the eighties and yeah we went through then we kept it p Yeah, I can't say that saying that. I can't. I'm so bad at.
Speaker 1: The stop saying that. Don't say that again. It's so crazy.
Speaker 2: Some of the people that make this slang are young or older than me. They know, but they just appeared.
Speaker 3: Their target audiences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they appear like they're younger than me.
Speaker 5: I'm getting old man. Yeah, oh man, I'm getting old man. Cap is tough for me to say, cat no cap. Yeah, like I say it jokingly. I mocked it's lit so much. Then now I say it's lit and I mean it. We should we should bring like like the old slang dope fresh, it's a movie.
Speaker 3: Was it's a zoovie.
Speaker 1: Don't ever say that in my presence. Now the niggas are saying, zoo movie. That was the nastiest era in the movie. Nah, get the fuck.
Speaker 2: Out here, when they this might have been Facebook era going into Instagram when they when movie and Zuvie wouldn't do it. Then they added hashtag unwalkable, and I'm like, why would I want to.
Speaker 5: Go to see niggas do something?
Speaker 1: They just go too far unwalkable? Why would I want to be I want to walk.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be anywhere where I can't move. I'm not I'm not going there.
Speaker 1: Zoovie.
Speaker 2: I want to know who the in a zoovie? Though he was in a couple of movies.
Speaker 1: Was I in a couple of zovies? He was in a lot of zovies. I don't think I've ever been in the zoo. He was in a movie.
Speaker 5: Because see, that's what I'm saying, Like, it's certain parties you go to, you like, this party was incredible.
Speaker 2: It was in canal room when it was a zoovie.
Speaker 1: Canal room with some good times.
Speaker 2: It was a Zoovi in canal.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that. You're trying to give me to say zovie and I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just don't understand, Like, I don't know it's I want to know who was the first person to say zoovie.
Speaker 1: Those are people we need to sit an interview.
Speaker 2: A promoter that gets girls drunk so he has an opportunity to try to sleep with them while they're intoxicated.
Speaker 1: That's that's who makes up those terms. Zoom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. We got to get into promoters one day, promoters. We may need to do away with promoters.
Speaker 1: Are they still promoters?
Speaker 2: Of course really they're They're working harder than they ever had before. No one wants to go outside promot to really promote. Now they can't just call the bad bitch at the time and be like she's part attending.
Speaker 1: Like they have to promote. Who's some of the promoters in New York right now? I don't fuck with them, you know what I'm Damn, I don't even know. That's what I'm saying. I don't even know who the promoters in the city.
Speaker 3: Nothing is going on in New York right now. Do you even have a New York spot? This is a very neat podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Harbor's wherever one goes.
Speaker 1: Now, Harbor's the promoter.
Speaker 2: No, you just I mean if you and you never need to know the promoter, If you hang out in bad neighborhoods, you just know security and security let you on. If you got to go to the promoter, you kind of a lame. Actually, I don't Security is how you really get it.
Speaker 5: I don't even know if clubs still need I think you will need promoters. There's certain venues because certain venues still like to keep it like a kind of certain crowd.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, a certain mix of people. But I don't know if promoters.
Speaker 2: Are door person though sometimes the promoter will be the door person. But that's really what Like Pergola is a spot that's lasted this long, they don't need a promoter anymore. It's gonna be packed with the reservations every single day. They need someone at the door to be like nah. And you may know that person. That doesn't make them a promoter. I'm sure Harbor has promoters.
Speaker 3: Though you got the red decembers on you.
Speaker 2: That's a car al thing, man. I'm going in with crocks.
Speaker 1: A shout out to Sleigh. I finally got my crocks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I bought mine today. Didn't He didn't say those no, Nah, you sure they might be in my old address.
Speaker 5: I was about to say, yeah, he definitely sent them for sure. I bust one of the boxes opened last week and I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, I'm going to my old address after this.
Speaker 5: It was alet he sent me to the crocs so shout out to slay Man sh fire comfortable.
Speaker 2: I legitimately bought them this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely sent them to you. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: He didn't send me the brown ones because I bought the brown ones.
Speaker 1: He sent me the white ones. Okay, those are incredible. Yeah, no, those are super comfortable. I want to see you. That's gonna be funny. Airport flow, no.
Speaker 2: Way, what next episode?
Speaker 5: Never because those hey four, it ain't four just moving around the city like I can't. I can't do that if I'm getting the car going to the airport and traveling.
Speaker 2: But you I mean if he don't touch the ground, you go from uber to studio to crib, like you don't move around the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would never.
Speaker 5: I still don't want to have I still don't want to have no crocks on in the city.
Speaker 1: I just can't. Man, I'm just from January. Yeah I'm not I'm not doing that. But airport.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to uh take another trip and and throw th was on for sure, just just to take a trip just there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just the airport.
Speaker 5: I just want to be I like, because you never know how much walking you doing until you get to the airport and you're like, oh my god, and flying out of New York sometimes la guada. You never know which term they're gonna have you going out of work, and that ship is all over the place. But yeah, shout to say it was something else.
Speaker 2: A slide, which I guess kind of connects in an in turn away. Jay Electronica told me that if you do not come to the show tonight, you are an open enemy to the n OI and you are deemed a white man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an exact quote, Jay Electricity. I guess I gotta go to the show.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be a white man, So I guess I guess I gotta go see him perform tonight.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know he was performing. Uh yeah, you told me that.
Speaker 2: He had a show when that hurricane hit New Orleans last was that October and November of last year, and he canceled it because he went down to help with his family and everything. So they pushed it to now.
Speaker 5: So shout to Jail like, yeah, and I'm gonna go check him out. I have I've never I've never seen you Jay Electronic before live. Actually, noo thing about it.
Speaker 2: I think maybe at so OB's like years and years and years ago.
Speaker 1: I've never seen them live.
Speaker 2: Let's make this more in New York's. Sb's open.
Speaker 5: I would think so close. I think it is no, I think performances. I think it's I think I've seen somebody on my timeline.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: I think we might have to do a pop up show just for for the love for the culture.
Speaker 3: I think that would be so dope.
Speaker 2: Like I know, everyone kind of grows up if you will, and thinks they're above s OBS because they did it when they were younger. Like s OBS is a fucking staple. I kind of hate when people do that, like low brow ship, like oh, you're doing your ship at SOBS or like like fan, you was there all the time, this is how you started.
Speaker 5: To Like that's what you can never if you're from New York, you you definitely should always perform in SOBS at some point. Yeah, I don't care how big of an all that you are. So OBS is just one of those spots that you continue to go to and just show love to for sure. Yeah, I hope it's open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think j Yeah, no, I'm gonna definitely go through that.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Jay Leg Yeah, way, I just I was listening to the album with him and Hole. I hate saying that because it's j Lex album, but it's him and it's.
Speaker 1: A joint album. Yeah, and I like, as time goes on, I appreciate that album more. I know, we kind of the.
Speaker 5: Sound, the mixing and all of that. It was real raw, real like grimy sounding. But the lyrics is just and everything that jay X and Jay was rapping about then it's so relevant now for sure, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I was listening to that over the week and two. I do that a lot.
Speaker 5: Man. I'll go back and listen to a lot of old ship whenever new ship drops, just to kind of like see where.
Speaker 2: The gap is that and get out of the moment when it came out to see if Yoda I really like this type of ship stand up? Should we get into disappointing news I was. I was at dinner and got that sad news about Bob Sagat.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that was that was definitely some sad news to receive. Yeah, legendary comic comedic actor, but Bob Sagget from one of my favorite shows growing up.
Speaker 2: Full House, Stable of our childhood.
Speaker 5: Danny Tanner passed away in Orlando at his hotel. Whenever that happens, they have to investigate and they have to do autopsy and things like that.
Speaker 1: To uh, to figure out what happened.
Speaker 5: But prais and condolences to his family, to his fans, his his friends, on his passion.
Speaker 1: I know, he was just on tours. Tour just started.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's you know, his fans, I know, was devastated to receive that news.
Speaker 2: Action was devastating to to even read of how excited he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's back. I love this ship again. Yeah, yeah, it was. It was.
Speaker 5: It was definitely like some really shocking, shocking news to receive. So prais condlences to Bob Saggitt or his family and yeah, man, just sad, sad, sad news to receive.
Speaker 2: And you gotta look at how good of an actor he is to know who he really is. And then to the role he played on Full House, Yeah, I was convinced he was playing an act once I found out he wasn't the dad from Full House, Like, oh, is he playing like some psychotic, cursing drug addict.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, And it was like, oh wait, that's who he was, right, he has a stand up on.
Speaker 1: I think it's it might it may be on Netflix.
Speaker 5: He had a stand up I saw a few years ago, and now that's when I started to realize, like, oh, Bob.
Speaker 2: Sagga is like real funny for real, Oh for sure. Yeah, I mean he outside of his small cameo have baked he went on, he was like a reoccurring character on Entourage and was fucking Hystericalourage. He was the best cameo reoccurring guest I thought they had every single time.
Speaker 1: He was hilarious on that shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man's that was definitely some shocking news. So again, pres condnces to Bob sagger and his family and uh yeah, man, love your loved ones while they're here for sure.
Speaker 2: Also prayers to everyone affected by the fire in the Bronx.
Speaker 1: Yeah absolutely.
Speaker 2: That was nineteen dead, nine children, dad, thirty two and critical. Yeah, that was sixty five injured.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, and that's my that's my hood, man, that's five minutes from where I grew up at. So that was definitely some sad news. Again, man, these space heaters and people trying to be warm in the winter, it's causing you know, this is not the I think We hear about this every every winter. It's like, you know, space heater or you know, electrical fires and these these homes and these apartments. But this is definitely, I think the most deadly fire that the Bronx has seen since the Happy Land. Yeah, in the eighties, Sad nine used to my nine kids, you know, just to.
Speaker 1: Start the new year off. And it's just that was some some sad news.
Speaker 5: And they have a mayor, Eric Adams, put up a website people want to donate. They're asking for monetary donations only, so there.
Speaker 2: Was another one where you could donate water supplies and everything with an address.
Speaker 1: I believe we'll put everything in the description.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, So if you anything, man, just anything helps.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I'm not gonna sit here and never pretend like I understand the city's budget, but I do understand human and there needs to be some some way where space heaters are not necessary in people's apartments. How I feel, Yeah, because I've I've had space heaters in my crib where I would like be scared to fall asleep without turning that shit off because you can see the fucking like flame in it, like and it's plastic, it's the worst invention and most dangerous thing you could literally have in your room, and everyone in every fucking apartment has one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so please be careful man.
Speaker 2: That's definitely like you know, or buildings need to find some way where they're not necessary, like you will be fine with heat, yeah, without having to purchase a space heater that more times than none is dangerous as fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it's sad, man.
Speaker 5: Some more sad news not to be you know, super sad, but uh, this one really bothered me. A team working in burger King and Harlem Tete, Crystal bayren Nieves was a shot and killed Sunday morning and East hollenburger King. A guy came in and robbed the burger king and ended up shooting and killing her. Yeah, that was that was just super sad because the mother was saying how the daughter she didn't feel safe working the overnight shift and that she didn't want to go. And the mom woke up at ten o'clock at night and it was like, you know, you got to be responsible, got to keep a job, you got to make money, and basically forced her daughter to go to work, and you know, unfortunately her daughter ended up being killed.
Speaker 1: That night. I hope the mother doesn't carry that.
Speaker 5: It's tough, man, because you know, you understand the mom. She she wants her daughter. She wanted her daughter to be you know, responsible and work hard and you know, and have her own means of income and things like that.
Speaker 1: But you know, away from that because we understand that part.
Speaker 5: We understand parents wanting us to you know, make our own way and have our own you know, stream of income. But we got to do something with this culture, man, with with you know, men robbing and.
Speaker 1: Shooting women like that.
Speaker 5: I just don't understand how somebody you know, shoots a woman, a nineteen year old woman working shift at a fast food restaurant.
Speaker 1: Like I just don't have a threat to your robbery. Yeah, Like I don't. I just don't. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't get it, man, And you know, it seems like there's not the consequences are not harsh enough, you know, with these gun laws and you know, robbing and killing, and you know, sometimes jail sentence is not enough sometimes, you know, like these dudes don't even have the time, they're not even caught, you know what I mean. It's just something has to change, man, because that story I don't notice this young lady, you know, being from from the city. I just you know, I'm in East Harlem. I'm in Harlem all the time, so you just feel like a sense of that community, like I'm always in these air and that ship really bothered me reading that story, Like nineteen years old, working in burger king, just trying to make some money. Somebody comes in overnight robs you, uh give him the money.
Speaker 1: She gave up the money, and he still shot and killed him. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I just don't. I don't understand, man, And something something that has to change.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is. I don't have the answers, but something has to change in his culture. Like we got to start. What was the dollar amount? I believe it was one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not gonna keep them keep over and especially overnight.
Speaker 5: You know they man the registers for the money they made during the day before the overnight shift anyway. So yeah, just that shit really hurt me. Prayers to uh d Nieva's family, prayers to Crystal. But yeah, man, I hope they find uh find a guy that did that, because he needs he needs somebody.
Speaker 1: That's locked away out of society. For sure.
Speaker 2: I'm sure someone knows me.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, they had the video up and you know, everything like that.
Speaker 5: But it's just it's sad. Man, it's nineteen years old, you're shooting and kill his girl for what. I just don't understand it, man like shit like that. I just don't, you know, I understand mental health and all these things people like to throw on these you know, perpetrators and shit like that, but mental health is not enough for me. I'm sorry, like killing shooting a nineteen year old girl, I understand that. I can't just you can't just tell me mental health. He's not. He's mentally ill, and I don't want to hear that shit like That's just somebody that doesn't need to be a part of society. I'm sorry, Actually I'm not sorry. He doesn't need to be a part of society. But prais off family. I hope that they catch him and again prais and condolaces to Dnieva's family in that community.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: Was there anything we missed?
Speaker 1: Because I know not much much did happen while we were gone?
Speaker 3: Have you heard that Hours and Hours song by Money Long?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Of course, who Hours and Hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's dope. She's a very talented writer. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did guy her and I was like, she wrote literally my two favorite Rihanna songs in the whole world.
Speaker 3: She wrote them both.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: What's her name, money Long?
Speaker 3: She's be known. That's Priscilla Renee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's super talented. I'm glad she's getting her Her name is money Long now. Yeah, but it's spells.
Speaker 1: From m U, I M you and I yeah spelled differently artistic way of no.
Speaker 2: But she's she's like a lot of those writers that get their shot and she's taking full advantage of it right now. She's killing every TikTok you could think of. And the music is really good too. The project is a.
Speaker 3: It is called a public affection.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, PDA checked it out. It's really good.
Speaker 2: The Hours and Hours joint, I'm sure you've heard it and didn't even realize that it's everywhere. But she's super talented, and I just like to see writers like finally get their time to come out the way Esta Jean did. Victoria Torn with Kirby I think is now getting her shot too. Like I just like to see that type of ship because those are the real talented people. Like sometimes you got to not write for other people. That chapter is over, I agree, So shout out to Kyrie.
Speaker 5: Kyrie is back. Yes, he played his first away game. Uh he looked, he looked good, sanitized.
Speaker 1: Then miss a beat.
Speaker 5: Uh, So shout out to Kyrie, welcome back, Welcome back lay Thompson.
Speaker 1: He came back last night. Uh he looked good in his return.
Speaker 5: So yeah, man, the NBA is starting to feel like it's you can tell when it's the guys are back.
Speaker 2: Do you think the Warriors get get another shot at I'm talking dynasty time again. Not winning again. Of course there's a world where they can win again, but back to where they were.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 5: Listen, man, we gotta start. We gotta reshuffle that top five ever soon. If Clay gets another ring, I mean not Claif Steph gets another ring, we gotta shuffle that top five around.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be to keep three three yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if he gets another ring, man, it's gonna be hard to keep Steph Curry out of your top five.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 2: I think you kind of make a case now, but.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna say that. But okay, I'm not those sports guys forget it. No, I get no.
Speaker 2: But listen based off stats, I don't know why you couldn't make listen man, Steph Curry get another ring? Yeah, how would Steph thirty thirty two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that. Oh he's got time, Yeah, he's got time. I think they're gonna I think they get one this year. I think it's I think they get one this year. I think it's between. Uh, it's gonna be hard.
Speaker 5: You know what the Kyrie thing is still you know, a little tricky as far as just away games only, but uh, Katie, Steph and I think Chris Paul, I think the Sons. I think the Sons, the Warriors and the Nets are the three favorites to to win the title this year. And if Steph Curry gets another ring, man like, yeah, it's gonna be hard to keep him out of your top five.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be extremely hard. Like you gotta Reachhuff with that top five deck.
Speaker 5: Emily in Paris, we got two more seasons, Rory, so you have to watch because you didn't finish season one.
Speaker 2: I didn't finish episode two.
Speaker 1: Just what I'm saying you gotta get on board with this thing is taken.
Speaker 2: Off, Rory, Euphoria is out. I don't need to watch Emily.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get and Damaris was talking about I definitely got to get into Euphoria. But Emily in Paris's official season three and four they just confirmed will happen. So I don't know, Rory, Man, I don't want to leave at the station, but I will listen to zoom.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna move to for both seasons?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I might Emily might be calling me.
Speaker 2: They shoot that ship in Vancouver, you know, they shoot that ship somewhere else?
Speaker 5: Yeah, man shout after Emily in Paris season three and four has been confirmed.
Speaker 1: Euphoria last Night, season two, episode one, Yeah, I gotta watch that.
Speaker 3: Did you see it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wasn't it amazing?
Speaker 1: It was incredible.
Speaker 2: I have to deal with my mentions being flooded that I look like this is gonna happen as it did for the entire season one and after. Okay, but I had to catch up because how long season one?
Speaker 3: Like two years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it felt like it was a long time ago. So I had to catch up on my little Wikipedia ship prior to because they didn't give me the solid what happened last time ship, but stuff was starting to come back. But I liked episode one and not spoiling like Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Jesus, it was cool.
Speaker 2: To get in the Pheesi's background in the beginning.
Speaker 1: And then I'm gonna see a Spider Man this week. I'm gonna go see it. I have to.
Speaker 4: I will go with you, so you don't that's why you that's why you.
Speaker 1: Keep it p D.
Speaker 2: You guys should do a double date like you. Guys should each bring somebody and then that would be and then we could discuss it.
Speaker 1: That will be a lot. That would be fucking comedy. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Being called coming.
Speaker 1: Six? People? Don't forget about you.
Speaker 2: You're just not in the room.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go see it.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna see Spider Man because I've definitely been wanting to see it.
Speaker 3: I wanted to see it again. And I will go with you, just so that you're not alone.
Speaker 2: What you thought about you for you, I love you. I'm gonna start spoiling it soon. First episode one, I'm not going to but people. By episode three, i'm gonna start actively talking about what's going on there.
Speaker 4: Well, today I had to release a statement because you know, she's straight off the Helm of Spider Man, which is kind of more kid. She has a lot of kid fans. Now she did well, but her fans were growing with her. Now she's reintroducing herself to a younger audience. And she had to say, you know, this is for mature audiences. I know it's filmed in a high school, but this is not. This is Yeah, we're adults and we're like, oh, this is interesting. Like it's a lot. There's so much nudity.
Speaker 1: Watch it, like a lot of.
Speaker 2: Dicks, a lot of dicks.
Speaker 3: Well, they had a lot of tips last season, so they kind of evened it out.
Speaker 2: I was excited they started with titties and they even had pussy, I think at the beginning with a stripper. I was like, Oh, they're going for it this season. And then it was like dick, dick, dick, dick.
Speaker 5: Never mind, let me find something else to watch. Right to Gymstones. Did you ever watch that with Danny McBride.
Speaker 2: He's an assistant principal.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's the He's always got those type of roles. No, this is one where his family is like the televangelists and uh.
Speaker 1: No, I need to watch that.
Speaker 5: No, you never I love what season one, Season one, Season two just started. Righteous Gymstones on HBO. I'm glad it came back. Yeah, I'm glad it came back because that's to me, that show was underrated. A lot of people weren'talking about Righteous Gyemstones, and that show was really funny. Season two just started, so I definitely gotta watch that. That in you first, And now I got some more TV to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like.
Speaker 1: TV is back.
Speaker 2: I felt like for a while it was a lot of just random Netflix movies or dots Like I like that TV series that have already been established seasons are now coming back on that. Yeah, because I got a bunch of ship to catch up on. You four, Their Body and that ship. That cast is incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Today Lover Her and.
Speaker 2: Like listen, I thought my high school was Wow, they're fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: High school was nothing like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wasn't. I went to my high school. The majority do black. I didn't deal with this.
Speaker 1: It's just a different time.
Speaker 2: I don't mean whyle just I'm meaning like general, like just general wild. You could have your different degrees of wild no matter what location of the world. You're in whatever you want to do.
Speaker 1: They're just wilin. Yeah. Yeah, they're fucking wild. I'm gonna check it out. I like I like.
Speaker 3: Zindia, but it makes me jealous.
Speaker 4: I kind of always wanted to go to a really really large because really really large high schools that like have the space to be large, not like New York City large high schools. They tend to be like that, like wild and big, wild parties and you got the rich kid with the millionaire parents who are never home.
Speaker 3: They're throwing parties and ship.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm looking looking forward to the rest of the season of Euphoria. It was a good start, so catch up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm definitely gonna watch it. I like that show. You is there anything else we didn't know didn't cover?
Speaker 2: We're back in a few days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna go see the uh before I go to the jail, like sho, I'm gonna go see the next tonight man.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Spoke to Julius the other night man. They got to get their ship together. They've been they've been struggling.
Speaker 2: Can I get two tickets?
Speaker 1: You want to go tonight?
Speaker 2: I would like, uh, not tonight, but next game I would love to right away, uh a, go backs Jersey and do some stuff before the show.
Speaker 5: No, I'll definitely get some tickets for look at the schedule and the actually least for some tickets. But yeah, man, another week, yeah, another weekend in the can. How's your New Years? How's the start to your New Year? Your resolutions are down the drain already?
Speaker 2: Of course I don't make any Yeah, I didn't, just try to survive, just hopefully make it the next day.
Speaker 1: I want to see another one. I want to see another year.
Speaker 5: Uh well, yeah, man, we'll be back in a few days. Uh, I think we got do we have something coming up?
Speaker 2: Probably, but that's the Marisa tell us.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah we got something.
Speaker 3: I won't tell you now you'll forget, so I'll just tell you did it before for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well we got some ship coming up, so.
Speaker 2: There's still I think there's some merch left.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of merch, not a lot, but there's some stuff left.
Speaker 1: Get some merch working on the Valentine's Capsule. Now I'm excited. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what nasty shit you tell the women on this merchant?
Speaker 1: Nah? Man, we're just trying to have some fun, man with this merch thing.
Speaker 5: So you have Valentine's merch coming up, some merch available now, and yeah, anything else.
Speaker 2: I think that's about it.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 5: So we'll see you in a couple of days. We'll talk to you in a couple of days. Till then, be safe, be blessed, stay healthy. Wash your hands and wash your ass
Speaker 2: Now