Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is be careful who you cheat with. Okay, we'll get into that and find out what that's a word to the wise, be careful who you cheat with. Okay, we'll get into it. Right now, the nephew is here with today's frank phone call.
Speaker 2: What you got for?
Speaker 3: Is net?
Speaker 4: This right here, Shirley is? I want my money back. I want my money back. I think all of us have gone to church and got there to the church and got dressed and done all it take to get down there and get there on time, and then past ain't there. Now they got a guest past, and you already know. Don't nobody like that? So I just don't want to. When I put my money in my church, I put it in because I'm thinking past are gonna be there. So I want my money back. Yeah, what I want my money back? Past, I ain't here today, y'all ain't gat no notice. No, I want my money back.
Speaker 3: Let's go catch up.
Speaker 2: I need to speak to sister Polici.
Speaker 5: Okay, who is this?
Speaker 2: That's right here? Is Glen? All right? This is Glenn. I need This is brother Glenn. Can I speak to Sister Felicia? But I have some please?
Speaker 5: Okay, sir, how did you get my number?
Speaker 2: I got your number from one of the deacons at the church.
Speaker 5: Okay, what deacon was that?
Speaker 2: I don't even know the deacon name. Listen when I'm trying to ask you, I'm trying to ask you, can you reimburse me for some money that I put in church on Sunday?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, can you just calm down just a little.
Speaker 2: Please, sir, I'm I'm look. Are you the financial person at the church?
Speaker 5: Yes? I am. So what can I do for you?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get my money back that I put in church on Sunday. I put one hundred dollars in church on Sunday and I'm trying to get my one hundred dollars back.
Speaker 5: Okay, what did you not give from your heart?
Speaker 2: I gave from my heart what I thought was gonna happen, but it didn't happen.
Speaker 5: Okay, help help me help you what you mean did what didn't happen? What didn't happen?
Speaker 2: Sir? Okay, Pastor wasn't there. Pastor was not there on Sunday, and y'all had this guest minister come in who I ain't like him at all. But the dog on the offering was before he even got up to preach, so I didn't already gain my offer, which was one hundred dollars. And then I didn't even know Pastor wasn't. Now you know what I'm saying. So here I am giving one hundred dollars. I'm thinking, I know I'm gonna get the word when Pastor there. But y'all put this dude up. He coming from Don't nobody come from the book of Ruth no more. He was at Ruth the Viticus. He was all over the place. I want to get my one hundred dollars back. I ain't giving to that, sir. Do you not read the bulletin?
Speaker 5: I mean, Howlton, do you even come to church?
Speaker 2: I come to church often. I mean, what does got to do with anytime?
Speaker 5: When if you were coming a little often and read the bulletins, or you would have known that pastor took a vacation.
Speaker 2: He took a vacation, so everybody knew he wasn't gonna be there.
Speaker 5: Yes, the regulars, the people that come regularly to church. They know that, sir.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I ain't know that. So I need I need to get I need to get my money back.
Speaker 5: Okay. What I need you to do, though, is calm down.
Speaker 2: I'm come. I'm just trying to say I want to give my one hundred dollars. I'm not giving that sermon I got on Sunday. I'm not giving one hundred dollars for that.
Speaker 5: Well, sir, I cannot give you one hundred dollars back. Okay, we donna do no refund checks. I can't do that. Okay. I have to wait your pastor get back in because two people have to sign a check. I can't even do that for you, sir. Matter of fact, I'm not even at work right now.
Speaker 2: Okay. So am I gonna get my one hundred dollars back?
Speaker 5: Okay, sir? Why don't you just call the church on tomorrow and then we can go from there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not calling. I'm not calling the church tomorrow. I tell you what, you know what, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna come up there tomorrow and you're gonna give me my one hundred dollars either. It's in a check or it's in cash. But you suspensed, Sister Forelica Patterson, You're gonna give me my damn money?
Speaker 6: You say, what did you just cuss me?
Speaker 2: I just told you that come tomorrow, I'm coming up there to get my damn hundred dollars. Whether it's in a check or whether it's in cash, I don't care what it is.
Speaker 5: He let me tell you something up. You ain't getting nothing from us. Dot you call here and cut me asking for some money.
Speaker 6: Bab you got mad. You're giving your money from your heart and done not a hook. De're preaching the word of God. You give me because you love God. You ever thought to me like that? I'll strip you naked, Jim, And you know what, you better be glad this ain't twenty years ago, because I'll accussed you from a causey butbody, he's saying me because you know I ain't no cushion. But I tell you what I will do, young man. I see you want to say your name is again?
Speaker 2: What I mean? I'm brother Glynn, Brother Glenn.
Speaker 6: When I see you, I'm gonna give you no right for the fellowship?
Speaker 5: Do you hear me?
Speaker 6: Do you ain't comeing fuck something, because that's how you treat God's people. You have been talking to me, ignocance.
Speaker 2: I picked up the phone.
Speaker 6: You ain't saying Hi, man a doing man? Keep heaving that man? You just start cussing and hollering at me. You don't talk to people like that. You don't even sound like a Christian. You don't do that. Don't you hear me? Right now? You want something from people?
Speaker 3: You ask?
Speaker 6: That's what the word that you have not because you as.
Speaker 2: Not you'll call.
Speaker 6: You're hollering at.
Speaker 5: Me, don't you hear me? You you're cussing at me. Oh Lord, help me?
Speaker 2: Can I, sister police? Can I say? I mean? I just want to say something else to you? Your man? Can I say something?
Speaker 5: You can't say nothing to me? But do you know what you need to do? Go get you some malice?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, ma'am. But I but it's one more thing I just wanted to say to you.
Speaker 6: Ain't no one more thing, Ain't no one more.
Speaker 2: Thing, Okay, But I just I just wanted to tell you this, sister police. I want to told you. You got to tell me, yes, ma'am, yes, ma'am. But I want to say this though, This is nephew tire me from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your girlfriend sister Doris got me the prank phone call you such a police.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I am going to get don Yes, I am Tommy.
Speaker 6: It's a hello even you.
Speaker 2: No, no, ma'am, no, ma'am. Steve is out here with me.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna need to have a prive and mama with sister Dolls. Yeah, got to be private telling nobody here, but I got to share with her.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's gonna guess be me, her and the lost ster police. She's hold. She say, my girlfriend is blessed, highly favor saved. And she said, I want you to see if you can push her. But I did, police, and you you you rolled it out. I'm gonna tell you, but you let me ask you something though. Twenty years ago, you you you it'd been a little different.
Speaker 6: Ooh, twenty years ago. I got to pick you up and dropped you.
Speaker 5: Back down, looked at you and walked off of you after I got you, cussing you out. But that was twenty years ago.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank the Lord for delivering sho oh man, Lord, my legs, she's shaking.
Speaker 2: Who loo Lord, Sister police, I gotta ask you, what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say the speed Harvey Morning Shot. You got me?
Speaker 4: Where is the bishop?
Speaker 2: Why is he not here?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: Put I didn't put a couple hundred dollars in the church. Oh no, you can't have my money like that. That ain't that ain't how this work. He ain't anything. Y'all already know. If sister pastor can't preach, y'all know that. Y'all know they can't, and they can't wait to get up there. And then when they do here, they come with the same sermon they had last time. They let them premn stop. Why, hey, man, you know what this is? You never given been like sitting in church and they passing the trade. Remember how was hed I used to sit next to this man.
Speaker 3: He was he was a big shot. He had a Cadillac, so I always thought he was kind of something. And when the tray came around, I would be watching to see what he put in. He would put a fifty in and hold it up real high, drop it down in the plate, or either hand it to somebody. Hey, past that fifty down down to the end, fucking man. You know good hell well, the tray coming down here, and I said, man showing off. Hey, hey, hey, y'all put this fifty hand the hand that fifty to the man. Yeah, tell him look down. He had me this dude, Wow, I said, man, So that's why you and that's how you act when you give fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I had a nickel. My mama never gave me a nickel. I had a nickel, So don't strong for me nickel man there put it in. I was more exciting to go across the street to the candy st and get fa Then don't put nothing in the trade that would pimp.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for you. Coming up next, Strawberry letter. The subjects be careful who you cheat with. We'll get into it right after this. You're listening Morning Show