Speaker 1: I'm Tari's Mexi and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast. This podcast is part of the seventy six Ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 2: Search seventy six Ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation Law firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site Sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance company's bell.
Speaker 3: You're still Philadelphia. Seventy six Ers postgame show presented by Park's Casino.
Speaker 1: Fact dole O Baby Love che to beat on the Fact Done.
Speaker 2: I guess Weapon Yon empowers.
Speaker 3: Labs of the seventy six Ers postgame show right now on ninety seven five The Fanatic.
Speaker 2: We welcome you back to the Center in Philadelphia after a one oho six, one oh three Raptors win over the Sixers. This is the Park's casino postgame show. I'm Matt Murphy. We'll hear from Tom McGuinness and from Sixers head coach Nick Nurse. Scottie Barnes with a game high thirty three points for Toronto as they're seventeen and thirty seven. Sixers have dropped four straight and are twenty and thirty three. Raptors had lost four straight coming in. Sixers had everybody, with the exception of Eric Gordon, Kyle Lowry, new ten day contract player David Roddy, and then of course Jared McCain is out for the season. But this is a Raptors team without RJ. Barrett and Brandon Ingram, who they got at the deadline. Yakub Pertle as well. Barnes led the way. He got to the line more than Embiid tonight fifteen attempts twelve of fifteen. He also had ten rebounds, a team high. With his game high thirty three points, it's the most free throws made an attempted in Scotty Barnes' career an All Star last season, not this season, twelve for fifteen and Biid went ten of thirteen at the line, game high twelve rebounds with a team high twenty seven points, thirty eight minutes of play, eight for nineteen from the field, one for five from three. Sixers led fifty two to fifty at halftime and fall one oh six one oh three. Tyrese Maxy did tie the game at one oh three with a three late, but he only made that one field goal tonight, two free throws, five points for MAXI. As we go now to Tom McGuinness after the three point loss for the Sixers. They'll be in Brooklyn tomorrow and Tom I before coach, Let's start with the first half of this game, because the first quarter Toronto came out, went up by thirteen seventeen to four start, and I know the Sixers, with the help of the new guys Butler and Grimes, they outscored them by ten in the second quarter. But did that kind of set the tone the way that the Raptors proved they weren't going to go quietly tonight.
Speaker 1: That's a good way to put it. Not only go quietly that they were going to be the aggressor and they were coming in here to snatch a victory. And yeah, that's a very good point. As you say, the Sixers rallied back, ended up leading at the half by two. But you know, then there was that one point where the Sixers took a four point lead and then bang the Raptors came right back and they led by fours. So that's a you know, that's the NBA game is so long and really in any sport, but you've got to answer when you know when the other team makes a run or challenges and and Toronto did that for sure, and uh, you know, off night for Maxie and be with a costly turnover down the stretch.
Speaker 2: And what did you make of the closing sequences because I started in the first quarter. It's a long game, as you say, it doesn't completely boil down to the final few possessions. But after Maxi tied it at at one oh three, the Raptors immediately got a bucket from a Bodgie. I'm sure coach will break that down as well. But what else from from those ens?
Speaker 1: Well, Joelle, it looked like he was ten seconds left the perimeter indecisive. Let's as you say, let's hear from coach Nurse.
Speaker 4: But and then the last one, we were just trying to you know, get get a three up, get a decent shot. There just no pretty short on it. But I had had, you know, an opportunity for sure there in the in the second to last possession. What did you just kind of make a tyrace?
Speaker 2: Just kind of seemed like he wasn't able to find.
Speaker 1: Any type of reverend tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he certainly wasn't him wasn't himself for sure, didn't didn't didn't drive the ball much tonight, right, So you know, he's just out of rhythm for sure.
Speaker 2: I guess what did you make a Quentin?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he played pretty good. I think I think I think, uh, you know, one of the things, he didn't shoot it well like you know, like he can, but he did. He did a lot of other good things. I thought he I thought he was solid on d rebounding, got out in transition with some speed. I thought both him and Jared brought some great energy off the bench. Obviously started you know Quinton in the second half again just to just to change it up with a little little look there. But yeah, I thought both those guys were were pretty decent tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not that you guys tolerated or accepted losing just because guys are out, But I think part of it would be when Joel comes back, when you have everybody healthy, be able to push forward, and that helps you get through those times. Well, now that they're back and you guys have lost four in a row, three with all three on the floor, I guess how dispeariting is that.
Speaker 4: It's still it's still like again. I think that, you know, again, I don't think the even Joel would probably say he's not in great rhythm yet to really do you know some of the things he can do. So still working back into that, I mean from you know, from from my standpoint again, we want to try to get all three of those guys home and we don't haven't seemed to be able to do that yet either, you know, I do.
Speaker 1: I do see.
Speaker 4: Some some areas of growth. I know it certainly is no fun losing games especial Actually, you know one where you got to you know, sitting right there to go either way tonight, you gotta you got to pick some of those off, right, But I do see some you know growth, you know, on some things. Defensively, the offense is is just you know, pretty pretty clunky right now. But again, there was some opportunities there. I thought we you know, we just again didn't shoot the ball very well. There was a lot of wide open shots. You're gonna have to you have to shoot it better when you're creating. That's the shots that that are there. But I think there's there was some some decent segments of offense as well, but you know, certainly much much happier with some of the defensive stuff we were doing. Again, created a high number of turnovers, seemed to rebound it a little better at both ends tonight as well.
Speaker 2: The Tyreeks couldn't really get a rhythm in this game. I guess what do you think caused the rhythm kind of fail him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to. I don't really want to speculate, you know, too much. Before I talked to him, right, I have a feeling there was that there's you know, something, you know, I hope not, but I think there might be something physically bothering him. So I just want to check with that. Yeah, Okay, everybody, see you thanks all right.
Speaker 2: Sixers head coach Nick Nurse on the Parks Casino postgame show. The final score in Philadelphia the Raptors one oh six, the Sixers one to oh three. Both teams will be in action tomorrow heading into the NBA All Star Break. After that, it will be the Raptors hosting Cleveland while the Sixers visit the Brooklyn Nets, who are on a winning streak and they had the night off. There were only four games in the NBA tonight, this Sixers Raptors game one of them. It tipped things off. Matt Murphy back with Tom McGinnis and Tom we started to get into what happened down the stretch of this closely played game. Outside of the first quarter when the Raptors went up thirteen, it was close pretty much the rest of the way, teams answering each other's runs, and ten seconds left when Embiid turned it over down by two. They made one out of two free throws, and the second look was was MAXI coming up short on the wing. I'd have to look at that one again, Yeah, Max, He just.
Speaker 1: Didn't get enough lift on the shot, which is what happened to Joelle on an earlier like two possessions before that, he shot a following jumper and didn't have enough lift on a fifteen footer. So yeah, rough night, the phrase out of rhythm was uttered a couple of times right there, and that was certainly I think that would be one way to describe at Sixer shoot under forty one percent, twenty four percent from three to nine of thirty eight. And you know, as you say, without Toronto, without several of their players, and the Sixers had almost a full compliment, that's a tough loss, to be sure. As he said, you got a coach said you got to win some of these, and this one went the other way.
Speaker 2: What can you build off of heading into Brooklyn? The new guys, Grimes and Butler their impact for sure.
Speaker 1: Butler played with some real speed and then coach saw some things there defensively. So but yeah, you would definitely want to get that one tomorrow night to a get this taste out of your mouth and then be going to the break having you know, one, instead of having lost five in a row. And you know, look, you only have following that game tomorrow, only have thirty games left, so you know, if you're going to make a run, it's got to start at some point. And yeah, Brooklyn's you know, been up and down a little bit, so yeah, tough game here tonight, back to back, Gotta get up there through this inclement weather and try to pick off a victory before the end of the first segment of the season.
Speaker 2: Yep, the All Star Break after that, it'll run through the nineteenth of February, after they played Brooklyn. But you'd love to go into the break with a victory in Brooklyn. We'll talk to you tomorrow night, Tom, Thank you sir.
Speaker 1: All right, good night mare.
Speaker 2: One of six, one of three loss for the Sixers at home before that Brooklyn road game they lose to the Toronto Raptors. Still to come on our Parks Casino postgame coverage. We'll have the audio highlights and a closer look at the box score after we just heard from Tom and from the coach, Nick Nurse. Three point loss for the Sixers. They are twenty and thirty three. They have lost four consecutive games. They'll look to snap it tomorrow and we'll break down how this one played out from start to finish later on when we continue with our Parks Casino postgame show. This is the seventy six ers postgame show presented by Parks Casino after a one Zho six to one to Ozho three road win for the Toronto Raptors here in Philadelphia, Matt Murphy welcoming you back in. The highlights are coming up next, but first the shooting percentages forty six percent for Toronto to forty point seven for the Sixers. From the field, Raptors shot thirty three percent from deep to twenty three point seven From the sixers. It was attempts wise, it was eleven of thirty three for the Raptors, led by Emmanuel Quickly going four for eight on a night he scored twenty three. Grady Dick shot three of eight from three. Sixers were nine of thirty eight. Maxi was one for seven, Embiid was one for five, George was two for six, Grimes was one for six off the bench. The only players who made multiple were Paul George Is two of six and Gershonyabusele was two for six from three off the bench and then the line. The Sixers were eighty three percent of twenty four, led by Embiids ten of thirteen, and the Raptors were eighty three percent as well nineteen of twenty three, led by Scotty Barnes, is twelve of fifteen from the line. If you missed this right when we got underway postgame, Tonight's stat of the game would be that Barnes on his game high thirty three point night with ten rebounds made and took the most free throws he's ever had in his career twelve of fifteen. He also shot ten for sixteen from the floor to help the Raptors beat the Sixers by three. Rebounding was a point of emphasis for Nick Nurse pregame in his conversation with Tom McGuinness. After surrendering a bunch of offensive rebounds in Detroit and Milwaukee, they did better in that area Tonight. Gave up ten offensive rebounds forty nine total, but collected forty six of their own, with out doing Toronto on the offensive glass fourteen for the Sixers compared to the Raptors ten turnovers they had fourteen if you're the Sixers, nineteen if you're the Toronto Raptors. But it's a three point win for the Raptors. We'll do the audio highlights in the next segment. The final score was one oh six' one to oh three Toronto Sixers will be back in action. Right back in action tomorrow night at Brooklyn. We'll take a quick break, come back with the audio highlights from start to finish with Tom McGuinness on the call. This is the Park's casino postgame show. The NBA All Star Break incoming Thursday through Wednesday the nineteenth, but first the Sixers at Brooklyn tomorrow. After the break, they'll host Boston in the first game back on February twentieth, and then Brooklyn the Nets come in on February twenty second. But tonight as we're back with the Parks Casino postgame show. It was the Sixers losing by three to the Toronto Raptors one oh six, one o three. Matt Murphy back with you. We'll get into all the highlights from this game right now, from start to finish. How this one played out. Here's how it sounded, as called by Tom McGinnis. The Sixers and the Raptors in Philadelphia. The Sixers in white City Edition uniforms a nod to the spectrum on a Spirit of seventy six night presented by Crypto dot Com. The Raptors in red uniforms, and they started this game which in attendance along the baseline the Super Bowl champs, Zach Baond, Cooper Dejen, CJ. Gardner, Johnson or In Burks from the Philadelphia Eagles, tons of Eagles jerseys in the building. Tonight, Sixers were without Eric Gordon, Kyle Lowry, David Roddy. They started Maxi, Ubray, George Edwards and Embiid. Raptors didn't have RJ. Barrett, Brandon Ingram or Yaka pertl and they yet they started the game up seventeen to four. Emmanuel quickly had an and one that made it fifteen to four, with a timeout from the Sixers in between, and later after a nine to two run from the Sixers later in the quarter, Emmanuel quickly again in the mid range.
Speaker 1: Now a drive step back on George three point shot no good, but they get the rebound quickly comes up with it. Second chance for the Raptors. They've had no points in that regard, but they do have seven fast break points. Three to shoot quickly fakes shoots so left to the lane good. Emmanuel quickly three for four eight points. He and Barnes have done the bulk of the scoring.
Speaker 2: Quickly ends up with twenty three points.
Speaker 1: Tonight.
Speaker 2: Scottie Barnes mentioned their thirty three points plus ten rebounds. Quickly had five assists with his twenty three and the quarterly box scores they were leading the charge. Whether it was eight points for both or nine points, it was those type of output per quarter for that type of output per quarter for Quickly and Barns of the Raptors up twenty six eighteen at the end of the first quarter courtesy of that basket. Second quarter. The sixers making their home debut tonight included Quentin Grimes most recently with the Dallas Mavericks from the Caleb Martin trade, Jared Butler from the Reggie Jackson trade involving draft picks from the Washington Wizards, and they had quite the connection going on. In the second quarter. Jared Butler had a nice assist to Yabusele and a runner off the glass for a tie at thirty two, and then part of a sixteen to two run to eventually take a four point lead to take the lead to begin with, it's Grimes from Butler.
Speaker 1: Here's Butler with the lead, passing Grimes. Grimes in on battle and good foal on the Raptors and Quinton Grimes is going to the line. What a lead passed there by Jared Butler of the Sixers Jamison battle the rookie at of Ohio State with the.
Speaker 2: Foul sixteen to two run, Sixers thirty six thirty two in the game. Justin Edwards, who had nine points as a starter again tonight, tied it at forty one with a three, and it was fifty two fifty Sixers at halftime and Beat had seventeen in the first half. He shot eight of nine at the line in the first half, ten of thirteen at the line in the game, and Beat ended up with twenty seven points. We'll hear from him here in the second half for the game, Jared Butler in fifteen minutes and forty one seconds had fifteen points, four rebounds, four assists. Off the Sixers bench, he shot six of ten. Grimes played twenty more minutes than that off the bench and had thirteen points. So they can bind for twenty eight. Grimes thirteen points, seven rebounds, four assists, and the Sixers were up fifty two to fifty at halftime. But Toronto started the third on a fourteen to six scoring run. Tyrese Maxi did not score at in the first half for the first time since Christmas Day twenty twenty three against the Miami Heat on the road. He would not score his first points until the two to twenty seven mark of the third quarter free throws to go up seventy six seventy four. Sixers took a timeout down eighty one seventy six moments later, and out of the timeout, Paul George from yambuselea straightaway tray.
Speaker 1: Paul George is back and he's making threes. George from mouth top is first tray in the game, so the Sixers obviously called the play for PG and he makes a three. He's got nine. Sixers cut the deficit to two.
Speaker 2: Paul George finished with fourteen points in thirty five minutes almost thirty six, five for twelve from the field, two for six from three, two for two at the line, fourteen points, three rebounds, two assists, two steals for Paul George down eighty one seventy nine. That was followed by a Justin Edwards layup. Then Scotty Barnes had two points and split a couple of free throws heading into the fourth that was the Raptors eighty four and the Sixers eighty one. The aforementioned Butler entered the fourth with eight points, and he would score a quick seven for the Sixers, including a reverse layup for the tie at ninety Here's a dry.
Speaker 1: By Butler, and Butler is annity, Like I said, some fresh air for the Sixers. He scores off a layup ninety ninety seven to seventeen to go again.
Speaker 2: Fifteen points in just under sixteen minutes of play for Jared Butler, the former national champion at Baylor, now a seventy six er. Grady Dick of Toronto had thirteen of his seventeen in the second half, including a three pointer to tie the game at ninety six, and then another with the game tied.
Speaker 1: Toronto Grady Dick for three in the lead. Oh man, it's good, they're eleven to three. And again he was scoreless from beyond early in the game. But now he's come on to hit free time out. Nick Nurses Toronto ninety nine, Sixers ninety.
Speaker 2: Six Maxi, as mentioned, scoreless in the first half, the free throws were earlier in the second half. His first field goal came with the Sixers trailing one to Zho three one hundred. He tied the game at one one three on a step back left wing three. They quickly threw the ball into Oha Aboggi down low left of the lane to go up by two, and then with about ten seconds left, Maxy drives the lane. He's he's double team to Boggie's scrambling out to Embiid on the perimeter, who opts for the drive. And here's how it went down.
Speaker 1: Toronto does not have a file to give the crowd rising as one thirteen seconds Max He trives a twin bad top of the key, was gonna shoot a three. Now he loses the ball. Embiid loses it, turns it over Grady Dick with it. The Sixers foulow him. Embid headed at the top of the arc, wide open. Grady Dick split the free throws one oho six, one oh three. Toronto Sixers took a time out five point three seconds left and Embiid threaded across court, bounce past to Maxie on the right wing by the Sixers bench, who did get a three pointer off, but it came up way short, barely catching iron. And the follow up from Quentin Grimes was late and the Sixers fall to the Raptors one oh six, one oh three. They are twenty and thirty three heading into the final game before the All Star Break tomorrow in Brooklyn. Raptors are seventeen and thirty seven, snap a four game losing streak in hand, the Sixers their fourth consecutive loss. That will do it for our seventy six Ers postgame show tonight, which is brought to you by Parks Casino. Again the final score Toronto one o six, Philadelphia one o three. Thanks to our engineer Marty Dickerson, our producers Matt Menaik and Sean Rodman, and of course Tom McGuinness on the call. That next Sixers game tomorrow night is a seven to thirty pm Eastern start on the road against the Nets, and our coverage here on the Sixers Radio Network presented by Jackpot City Casino, will begin at seven twenty Eastern with Sixers in sixty with d Line. I'm on ninety seven five the Fanatic Before that, until then, I'm Matt Murphy saying thanks so much for listening, have a great night.
Speaker 2: We will catch you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Take care,