Speaker 1: Andy, can you hear me? Yeah? Yes, is it working?
Speaker 2: I think it's working on my end. Is it working on your end?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hold on, only cereal with you when you hand a jam. I forget the rest of that. I'm very excited. I think we got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think today have four cereals. It might okay, they all look the same.
Speaker 1: Are you upset? No?
Speaker 2: I just might have to find a quieter room if I'm going there.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you knew that we were doing this, right.
Speaker 2: Come on, Andy, Hesluna, hold on, give me two seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you're situating over there. Welcome to Serial Killers. This is episode one hundred and one or one oh one, however you like to say it. I'm Scottie b here in New York City. There's Andy over there in morgan something New Jersey, right, morgan Morganville, Morganville, New Jersey? Like Way Networks? Was that Central Jersey?
Speaker 2: It's central Central?
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't know much about Jersey. I lived in Hoboken for a few years, but other than that, I'm not. I'm a Long Island guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cool, cool, Oh, there's your creepy box. So here's what happened for this episode.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 1: I told you, I'm kind of running out of cereals. Every time I go to the store, the isle is like half stock. So I find stuff and I send it to you. But what happened this time around our friend Sarah from Pennsylvania, she's a listener, and she sent me a weird box of stuff with stars and stuff and just we I don't know, Hi, Sarah, how are you? And so she sent me a box of Why's that's the brand name, that's the supermarket chain where she is in central Pennsylvania, Marshmallow glitters. So what they are? They're fake Lucky Charms or their store brand Lucky Charms. Now, even though I said we weren't going to do store brand stuff, I feel like we should because we're running out of things to do. So we're gonna do a bunch of different store brands of knockoff Lucky Charms today.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm into it all right.
Speaker 1: So, oh, by the way, today's Friday. Welcome to Friday. People don't even know what day it is anymore, so.
Speaker 2: I Will kept thinking it was Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, no, it's not Tuesday, Andrew, It's Friday.
Speaker 2: So hold on one second, Okay, what does it matter.
Speaker 1: You're the guy. You should know what you're doing with technology. You just all over the place.
Speaker 2: My microphone keeps going in and out. Okay, I'm good now.
Speaker 1: And you know that you shouldn't be shooting into a window either because it's glare. Not that it matters. We're not recording this, but hi ha. So anyway, you know, now is the best time to subscribe to this podcast because a lot of like my friend Matt, his fiance Jen gets us all the crap cereals. He doesn't even know what day it is, so you know, he normally texts me on Monday and Friday mornings when he starts listening to this and he forgets because he doesn't know what day it is. So please subscribe to us so you get notifications that is a brand new Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Thinkers were a really cool podcast. We just are so cool. Everyone likes listening to us, and I think if you subscribe, you could listen from the beginning and then be like whoa I was in on this podcast before it got super cool.
Speaker 1: But it's actually quite true. Did you see that email that I sent you yesterday from I think it was Rachel That really really nice email.
Speaker 2: Subody writes the nicest things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then our friend Michelle and Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, Big Listener wrote us a great review. Thank you all so much. Please review this podcast on Apple iTunes whatever the hell it is. And yeah, yeah, all right, So let's get going. So I sent you another creepy unmarked box with four this block bags.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and your creepy bags keep getting creepier.
Speaker 1: I know I numbered each one of them. So what I'd like you to do right now is pull out bag number one please.
Speaker 2: I did, and I'm putting it in my cup.
Speaker 1: All right. So bag number one comes from Walmart. This is their version of Lucky Charms. It's Magic Treasures. Hey, it's magic Treasures with the who is that Merlin? Yeah, and there's an owl on the back.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting about this one. The shapes of the marshmallows really have nothing to do with wizards. Merlin.
Speaker 1: Well, it looks like an anchor. I think that the crunchy cereal piece looks like an anchor to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, okay, I mean that's being generous.
Speaker 1: Sorry. On the box, it looks like an anchor. Oh, there's a joke on the back. Look what the owl is saying? What do you call an owl magician?
Speaker 2: A hoot?
Speaker 1: Close hoo? Denie.
Speaker 2: All right, that's good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna Scottie shake it here.
Speaker 2: Did you pre scotty shake my cereals?
Speaker 1: I did I Scotty shake yours? I mean I Scotty shook yours. You're good?
Speaker 2: Can I just eat this? It's so difficult not having you here to be like, wait, because I just see the food and I just want to eat the food.
Speaker 1: You know, you have to wait. See look at the Look at they definitely are anchors. Look at them, they're anchors.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm saying I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying. The marshmallow shapes, what are they supposed to be?
Speaker 1: Like a flour?
Speaker 2: One of them looks like a pilgrim with a hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know what that green thing is.
Speaker 2: I don't even have a green one.
Speaker 1: It's weird, Like even on the front of the box, you can't even tell what they are. It's not even look they're not. They're very nondescript, you know what.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that though, don't say like, oh my gosh, look, it's like a pot of gold and then I get it and it's just a marshmallow that's yellow.
Speaker 1: And these cereal pieces they're very shiny, they have a coating of some sort. They're definitely frosted. But what kind of milk you're using there, Andrew.
Speaker 2: I am using Wellesley Farms organic milk, whole milk, Yeah, whole, yeah, half hear.
Speaker 1: Bowl and basket one percent shop right milk. Still no milk sponsor. But you know, why do we even bother saying anything anymore?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think now is not the best time to really be thinking about sponsors. I feel like it's if it's not going to happen now.
Speaker 1: Can I just while we're talking before we eat the cereal? Speaking of sponsors, I just really have to thank our French Stephanie at Dua Chalucci, the sauce company. She has her own little company. It's such a wonderful, wonderful story that she has, and she was the first one that really wanted to sponsor us, but because of some kind of you know, logistical behind the scenes stuff, we just couldn't make it work out. But we definitely want to thank Stephanie so much for listening and thinking about us. And wanting to be our first sponsor. Yeah, so Greek you Stephanie, we love you. Yes, all right, so let's try this cereal. It's great value magic treasures from Walmart. Here we go.
Speaker 2: One two things. It's Lucky Charms.
Speaker 1: It tastes just like Lucky Charms. It really does.
Speaker 2: Just I don't mind this at all.
Speaker 1: This one is spot on. And if you remember, we did try the Maultimeal version Marshmallow Madies. We love that one too. Now see, I'm I'm a five ball lucky Charms guy, and this tastes just like lucky Charms. So yeah, I got to give it five balls. I have to. I love it very good. Does bark to like a dollar eighty eight?
Speaker 2: Is this just going to be a five fowle episode where everything just gets five bulls?
Speaker 1: It might be, but there might be some crappy lucky charms.
Speaker 2: Let's say, how how can you make lucky Charms crappy?
Speaker 1: I think we might find out. Oh look, so on the box that Sarah sentas she put a little a mask on it. See look practice safe Cereal.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: So this one's called marshmallow Glitters.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to tell you from now just like looking at the cereal. Yeah, it kind of has the shapes, not the marshmallows. The shapes kind of look like dog food, So that's a yes. B. The marshmallows are very small.
Speaker 1: Well in relation to lucky charms marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Yes, they are a little bit smaller or whatever. This Walmart cereal is the.
Speaker 1: Technical name for these are mar bits. That's what they say of the cereal business.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I wish I was there so I could smack you in the face for.
Speaker 1: The cereal piece is here the oats They don't look quite as good as.
Speaker 2: Oof, right, it has a weird smell when you put the milk on it.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let me get some milk on it.
Speaker 2: Also, again, what are the shapes? I see like.
Speaker 1: Post Cereals just liked one of our tweets. Huh.
Speaker 2: I love that one day will be cereal influencers one day.
Speaker 1: I don't know what these shapes are. I mean, there's a that doesn't even look like a star, that's like a trapezoid.
Speaker 2: Wait, so where's the cereal from?
Speaker 1: And that's a half a moon. It's from Why's Supermarkets. It's a chain not really Northeast, but there's some Midwest I think, or I don't know what you call those, the North Atlantic states. I have no idea. Central Pennsylvania's where this one came from. I've heard of the store before, I've never been in one.
Speaker 2: Can we eat it?
Speaker 1: And on the back of their box, look, part of this complete breakfast is the cereal, an apple, a banana, juice, more milk, and a brand muffin with butter.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's a big breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yea, it is all right.
Speaker 2: Here we go, one, two, three.
Speaker 1: Now the cereal piece of tastes like catfood to me.
Speaker 2: No, it tastes like cheerios, just plain cheerios. It's cheerios with marshmallows.
Speaker 1: I'm getting that. I am now getting the cheerios. That's the oats in there. I don't hate it, I don't love it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give this one four balls.
Speaker 1: This one gets three balls in a spoon from me. I don't really like the combination.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you. The cheerios taste at first is a little what's the word I'm looking for can? I takes you by surprise because you're not used to be not sugary taste. But then I actually wound up liking it because I think cheerios and marshmallow should be a thing.
Speaker 1: I get like a chemical bite aftertaste. I'm not sure what's see.
Speaker 2: I got that with Walmart, but I didn't mind it.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, thank you very much, Sarah for sending your three ball in a spoon marshmallow glitters.
Speaker 2: Well I gave it four balls, so thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's move on to Baggy number three. Andrew.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh it's Dusty. It's a dusty one.
Speaker 1: Baggie number three is called Magic Stars and there's also a wizard. Why, like, why are they all wizards? Is it because it's magic?
Speaker 2: I guess, Well, because they basically just take it from the top dog. So they just take from Lucky and make it their own.
Speaker 1: Well that's Merlin, all right. So this one is from Target and it's Market Pantry Magic Stars. If you look, they're very lazy. The front and the back are the same.
Speaker 2: I don't mind that.
Speaker 1: Well, there's nothing to read or play or anything.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you played the games on the box so much.
Speaker 1: I absolutely do. This one needs a little scottis shake Yours has already shook.
Speaker 2: I think this is going to be good because Target as a store is perfect. This doesn't have any weird colors to it, It doesn't have any noe like frosting pieces. This looks like it's going to be good. I'm into it. I have a stomach ache, yeah, because I mean you're just eating sugar.
Speaker 1: This one looks like a banana, It looks looks like candy corn. And this looks like a boomerang.
Speaker 2: Well, you know Merlin and his boomerangs. He just he loved them. That's what they talked about it in the old times.
Speaker 1: For real.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: I don't think Merlin was from Australia anyway, our boomerangs Australia?
Speaker 2: Jesus, hold me? Oh are we eating this?
Speaker 1: By the way, there were no cups in here this morning. Somebody came in and stole all the cups from all the studios. So I had to put out an emergency call to rupert our mailroom guys, and he came specially in with a mask and gloves and goggles and brought me cups.
Speaker 2: Can I just take a look at the Cereal vault?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sure?
Speaker 2: It is so large and so expansive.
Speaker 1: It's getting bigger and bigger.
Speaker 2: You need to start getting rid of some of them.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should have people get in touch with us and I'll just start sending some of them. Cereal, you were.
Speaker 2: Supposed to send me the one from the last episode you never did.
Speaker 1: What is this a snowman? Oh? That looks like a hot air balloon?
Speaker 2: All right, let's really being generous.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. Hm, I'll give it four balls. So far, the Walmart one tastes most like lucky charms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one. The marshmallows are a little too sweet, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm now just realizing now we're like, I don't know, more than halfway through this, that your levels are so much louder than mine. And I'm going to have a problem editing this.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Yeah, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Turn you down a little bit. See what happens. Let me hear you. Oh hi, how are you say something again?
Speaker 2: Is this thing line?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right, that's better. I don't know how I'm gonna fix it, But.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I'm actually going to give that target one has the cheese doodle after taste. I'm going to give that three balls. Yeah, I don't like taste and cheese doodles where I'm supposed to be tasting marshmallows.
Speaker 1: You know what you with the cheese doodles. I will never understand your obsession with the cheese doodle taste. By the way, I like it much better when you're here. It's very hard for me to interact with you.
Speaker 2: I miss you too.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't say I missed you. I just said I like it better here.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, thanks.
Speaker 1: I think it's a much higher quality show when you're actually in the same room as me.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the people on Twitter have been so kind and saying that as long as there's an episode, they're happy.
Speaker 1: So except Carrie, screw you, Carrie Hedges.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it, but he is a long and loyal listener, so we will say thank you.
Speaker 1: No, he definitely is. And you know, through this whole thing, there's stories that cereal sales are way up because people are buying up comfort foods. But I think those results are kind of skewed because sales are way up on everything. Have you been in the supermarket lately? I was at my shop right the other day buying cereal number four and they had no shredded cheese whatsoever. And they had no spaghetti sauce. It was no sauce at all.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm just gagging at the thought of just like shredded cheese and tomato sauce going together.
Speaker 1: Why I just had that for breakfast this morning. Amy made a delicious baked z T last night with.
Speaker 2: Those ingredients, with shredded cheese, of course. How me, I'm picturing just the taco seasoning cheese.
Speaker 1: There were no taco shells either, which I just said. It's the strangest thing. I mean, shopping at the supermarket these days is just so upside down. I had to wait outside online six feet apart from everybody. Then they sprayed my cart down going in. Then I had to, you know, try to find stuff because they were out of a lot of things. And then I had to wait all the way at the back of Aisle ten to check out because they only had one thing open. I get what they're doing, but it's just so I I'm trying not to go as often as I normally do, so I'm not sure what we're going to do because I'm out of cereal, so I'm not sure what's going to happen on Monday.
Speaker 2: Oh, Cereal Graveyard episode that was.
Speaker 1: So much fun. Hey, have you been able to check the what do they call it? The diagnostics? I don't know the ratings? Have people listening to it?
Speaker 2: Really? You called it diagnostics? Look at me? Called it diagnostics?
Speaker 1: I can't think of the word. The ratings now, they're not ratings though, what is it?
Speaker 2: The listens? Yeah? Yes, and it was the worst reviewed episode of all time.
Speaker 1: Shut up anyway.
Speaker 2: In my independent research, I found by yourself.
Speaker 1: So while he was in shop, right, look, I found out friends Scrunchy, Oh, Scrunchy marshmallow dreams.
Speaker 2: I want to go right into this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they have dolphins on theirs and I don't know what this pink that this look at that pink blob. It's like a guy running away from something. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: So they basically took Walmart their shapes and then just put it in their own Cereal.
Speaker 1: How do you know that Walmart didn't take it from Scrunchy?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I guess you're right. Scrunchy is the og.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm pretty sure. When I was little there was a Scrunchy mascot that used to walk around. I could be wrong, though.
Speaker 2: That would be the most terrifying thing. Never bring me to a cereal store or sorry, a supermarket where there's a floating mascot. That sounds terrible.
Speaker 1: All right, scrunchy marshmallow dreams from Shop Right supermarkets in the Northeast. Ready, here we go, one, two, three, mm hmmm mm hmm. It is different than the Walmart when that's for sure is good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I give us wour balls in a spoon. Their marshmallows are so.
Speaker 1: Good compared to the great taste of Lucky Charms Cereal war balls and a spoon as well. So our findings are for the Lucky Charms knockoff cereals. The best go to wal Mart is Walmart great value magic Treasures.
Speaker 2: I really like these marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like, if this was a thing back when I was a kid, it would be the just the plain white box and it would say no frills on it. Oh, you don't remember that.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: When I was a little kid and you went to the supermarket, there was a brand called No Frills and it was just no frills, Like it would just say beer and it was a white can. That's all it was, and that was a thing for many many years.
Speaker 2: I think that's coming back and now it's called like unlabeled, and it's just like the basics of what you're getting. Like it's just like here's shower gel, here's soap. Like there's no name to it. It's just basic things like what you're saying, like beer, here's wine.
Speaker 1: I guess. I mean most stores though, have their own brand, their own you know, name brand of things. But good Times, Andy, good times. All right, so great, thank you for listening to episode one oh one of Serial Killers. That's all we got.
Speaker 2: Huh a gold one.
Speaker 1: But see, there were no new cereals in this episode. That's the thing I've been saying. There's there are a bunch of new cereals coming out. I just saw there's a new Frosted Flakes with marshmallows, another new one that's coming out. There's still that caramel apple Jacks that's supposed to be coming out. There's something else that I saw. I mean, there's so much new stuff, but I just I'm not seeing it because the stores are not getting product.
Speaker 2: So where's your cereal, squirrel, your furry friend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to reach out to my friend Joel Chopright, Yeah, I may stop in and see him and see if he's got anything new in the back room.
Speaker 2: If he's got the hookup he does he does.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I mean that's it. Thanks for listening. I'd like to say, hope you had a good week, but I hope you're just staying home and staying well and doing everything you're supposed to be doing. We'll be back out there soon, and hopefully, Andrew, you'll be back in the studio soon. Because I miss having you here. I can't really make fun of you because I can't see you, even though we're on FaceTime. I don't understand why I can't say there you you'd still need a haircut.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't need a haircut.
Speaker 1: Have you seen look my kids cut my hair.
Speaker 2: Oh they did a nice job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they cut my hair last week.
Speaker 2: And hat haircut. He was worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, thanks for listening to Serial Killers. Please follow us on all social media at serial Killers PC. We'll keep you up to date with all the latest serial news.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course we love to do that. Make sure you like and subscribe to pot Yes we like it when you like subscribe because the new episode's goes straight to your phone. Leave us a review. We love reading your reviews, especially now. It's always nice to get nice messages saying how this podcast just lets you zone out for like twenty thirty minutes and just relax. So I'm happy we could be those voices for you, especially during a time like now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and please let us know which technology you like the best. Is it either A and you on the phone with Scott in the studio, b Andrew on Zoom and Scott on Zoom, or C Andrew on FaceTime and Scott in the studio? Which would be this episode? I think this one's probably the best, but I have.
Speaker 2: A feeling this one is going to be best too.
Speaker 1: We'll see. I didn't get to play any like fun things. Maybe I'll add something in.
Speaker 2: Yeah next time.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's it. Thanks for listening. Until we see you on Monday. Try to enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 2: And c uch, did I say too fast?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I didn't even hear you.
Speaker 2: You didn't. This is going to be a nightmare this whole time.
Speaker 1: I don't know. This is going to be a nightmare for me to edit, just a.
Speaker 2: Nightmare for you to edit. You just complain all the time.
Speaker 1: I may just do your voice and say, hey, this is Andrew. I hate everything and I don't know anything about Ciria.
Speaker 2: You're so funny.
Speaker 1: All right, I guess we should go. How do we hang up?
Speaker 2: I don't know what do I hit the X? I can say good bye bye.
Speaker 1: Scott, bye Andy, talk to you soon, Love you shirt, oh bull shirt, bye see you. Hang up.