Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: One person says, I feel like you guys, when you go on the road, get a little giddy and silly. This is like that too. These are my favorite days. Well, I hope that's I hope that's true. We'll be here again tomorrow, probably do this again, and then I'll be here Wednesday and Thursday they'll be back. And I do think when we get out on the road and we don't have a crowd, in my opinion, these are our best shows. I don't know what everybody else thinks, but I think, Drew, these are our best shows.
Speaker 4: I can fletely agree. Part of it is I think I've slept three hours in two days. But also when we're on the road, we spend every hour together leading up to it, as opposed to we're just living our lives and meet at the bar at today.
Speaker 3: M So we've been together. We have to add, Yeah, I agree with that, And then you know, traveling's fun watching people in their different habitats. We were all talking about how last night, like this is the only time we ever even know Shannon exists outside of these two hours, or when when we go on the road, it's the only time he like, it's the only time he speaks to us outside in public. So that helps. And Mario, you you don't get to experience like this is your first time out this way?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, first time in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You you asked the uber driver if they were going to be insects that were going to attack you.
Speaker 5: You meant scorpions, met scorpions spiders?
Speaker 3: Did you think they were just like white centipedes? You're scared, You're scared of scared of centipedes. But they're little. They look scary.
Speaker 5: You see have you seen the big ones, the the one hundred legs.
Speaker 3: The memipedes, the fast.
Speaker 5: These are these are videos that I see.
Speaker 3: Don't watch don't look that one up.
Speaker 4: You were as soon as we landed, your head was on a swivel looking for scorpions.
Speaker 3: They're going to be like monsters running around that I mean you you acted. You asked him and said like are you gonna be are they going to come attack us? And we were like, we're staying in a resort, Mario, like, do you think there are you think there are scorpions running around?
Speaker 5: I was expecting to see if few, like just crawling around.
Speaker 3: Okay, well well you did not. All right, So a couple that's a couple of things. First of all, Travis Perry picked Old Miss to go play basketball First of all, how do you think he'll do that to me?
Speaker 4: It's a very bizarre connection, but it's what I expected. I even said Ole missed the moment he went the portal because I have on pretty good authority that Chris Beard absolutely loves him, which makes that you want to tell that one story or no, let's leave that one off there. Okay, but uh, it's just weird to me. And Travis is a great player. But Chris Beard is so defensive minded. I mean, he's really leans defense in his coaching, and that's Travis's flass. I don't know if maybe he sees that he can turn him into something. But other than knowing how close he was to ole Miss and his high school recruitment and how much Chris Beard likes him, I wouldn't have think that would be the fit for him. But obviously it worked out. And a lot of people underestimate that how close Oxford is to Western Kentucky. I know a lot of people West Kentucky. A lot of people go to ole Miss. I have several friends just about as close as Lexington and his in his high school recruitment, proximity to Lion County was big. You could almost draw a radius around the schools he was considering they're all drivable. So uh then, and that's what I expected. But the the Chris Beard Travis Perry matchup seems weird to me just in how he coaches. But maybe you think he can.
Speaker 3: Be a starting, successful point guard for an NCAA tournament SEC team.
Speaker 4: Starting I don't know. I mean, he's gonna play a lot of minutes. Part of it is they just needed him. If you looked at what Old miss has is going in the next year, they didn't have many people at the guard spots. So I think he'll play a lot, but I don't know if he'll be a starter.
Speaker 5: His role will be a lot different than it was at Kentucky. I don't know if he'll be a starter right away. Maybe his junior season, but like it depends on how much he develops from on this offseason in the next offseason.
Speaker 3: So what happens if he scores ten points a game next year? I can see that, But what do you think our fans will be upset? I thought you're gonna give me a different scenario. What happens if he's scores twenty against Kentucky in rough or something and that could happen. That's a one game scenario. What if he averages double digits at Old Miss? What do you think our fan base is reaction?
Speaker 4: I actually was a little and it was online. I was a little disappointed in the fan reaction him into the portal. People act like he just sucked. I mean, he was a freshman that was asked to do way more than was what he expected in his first year. Obviously he's got flaws athletically and defensively. But the people were saying he's got to go to Bellerman and Bury and he can't play at this level. I mean, get out here with that nonsense. People were way too critical of him. So I think there will be some shock if he plays really well to the people that tried to send him to D two thinking he's that bad. And it was more than just Old Miss. He had phone calls from a lot of teams, including Florida and teams that played against him last year.
Speaker 3: So he's not Other coaches see his potential.
Speaker 5: He's not terrible, and he's gonna be at Old Miss. He's gonna be in a different role like when he's at Kentucky. He wasn't you know he was back up point guard. Yeah, I mean, look, I think he's talented.
Speaker 3: Yes. Do I think he'll shoot better than he shot sometimes this year? Yes. I don't know how he's gonna play defense in the SEC. I just I mean go back. He played a major role against Alabama twice and you saw the results. Now, Alabama's really good, Mark sears really good. But I don't know how he's gonna guard these people. And I don't know that how that's gonna get better. And I think that's why Mark Pope, I mean Mark Pope, by taking Aberdeen, was telling you that he didn't think that could be Parry. I mean, I don't know, you know. Now, with that said, I wish the kid the best. I hope he goes down there and plays well. I do. I'm gonna cheer him on, except when he plays us, people say, well, are you gonna are we gonna cheer heymon? Sometimes I don't cheer people on, you know, but like I cheer ado on, I didn't cheer Arkansas on like I cheered. I wanted to do z and Thierro to play well. I want Travis to play well. And I don't even care if m is as good as long as we beat him. But the problems we saw last year, I don't know how they get better. I don't know how his defense is going to get better.
Speaker 4: I think he'll get a lot better age he was not expected to play at all, but just defensively he does. I don't think he has the size, the athleticism. That's something you can't just manifest. I do think he'll be a good contributor for him as time.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have the size, he doesn't have the speed, and he doesn't have the strength where those things are not going to just appear like Lamont Butler. Think about Lamont Butler versus him, just as a defender, Lamont Butler is taller, he's bigger, and he's quicker.
Speaker 4: No, that's why I'm saying. I don't think he'll ever be the guy, but he can be. I mean, there are plenty of guys that can't guard. I mean John Cali Perry started, Devin, ask you at the university, but to the n.
Speaker 3: I I mean, that's my part, Like, that's what I'm saying though, That's why I said. That's why my question was very specific. And NCAA tournament team in the SEC do I think he could go start in the Big twelve or ACC maybe the SEC. Every point guard is gonna be athletic, every single one of them. Even the bad teams, their point guards are gonna be athletic.
Speaker 4: I think he'll be a good sixth man and a guy where there's games you just can't play him, and there's games where he can go in and play all the minutes and line them up. But he'll I mean, he'll never be Lamont Butler or someone has decided to go.
Speaker 5: He's not known for defense.
Speaker 3: That's not his thing. Like Mark Sears is a good example.
Speaker 5: He ain't really known for defense, but he's an offensive player.
Speaker 4: I think Travis Perry.
Speaker 3: You think Travis can score like Mark Sears. I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying he can, but it's similar. That's his strength is well.
Speaker 3: He also one of the difficulties for him last years he didn't shoot the ball as well as we'd hope. Now. I do think he can prove that, like I do think he can end up shooting better than he shot last year.
Speaker 4: I think part of that was, like I said, he went in expecting to be this and suddenly they're like, all right, you're the primary ball handler for thirty minutes the game for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: And that was just a lot year. That's what you gotta be if you're gonna be a point guard. But so he goes to Old Miss. What do we think he made he got? You think he got a million? I don't know what he was getting at Kentucky. I do well.
Speaker 4: I heard early in the process that there were schools that doubled he was getting.
Speaker 3: So he got a million. If he got a million, they more than doubled it. Yeah, I don't know. If I don't know if he got a million, I know how bad Chris Beard wanted him. And more than doubled it, how about more than tripled it.
Speaker 4: I mean that's why I'm very defensive of him, and I hope people remember him. It's still a Kentucky legend of what he did in high school. But people saying he just couldn't hang at Kentucky didn't want it.
Speaker 3: If they offer you, no, you gotta do it. You have to do it. Dude. He should take no criticism for going And also I'm gonna say UK should take no criticism for not matching. Okay, both sides. If you can't pay your twelfth and thirteenth man that level of money, and that's what he was gonna be at Kentucky this year. So I don't think either side has anything to be wrong about. And he's from Lyon County, Kentucky. Let's be honest. He's not gonna go to the NBA and make millions. So you got to get what you can get Tiger now.
Speaker 4: And if they're going to triple your money and probably triple your playing time, that would be an easy decision for me. I don't care how many Kentucky posters I had. At some point, you got to look out for you. Who's up first?
Speaker 3: Shit? Noah, Noah, go ahead, Noah.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, I got a question for all of you to answer. So hypothetical scenario if you were to go back to college. This is if we playing for UK basketball and you could pick any former player of any skill set that they've had and be able to play four years will enhance that skill set. I want to know which player you would be able to take hill to use you enanswered skills for that year.
Speaker 3: No way, man, you're saying to me, who would I want to be or who does Kentucky need like next.
Speaker 6: Year, no, this is this is regardless that they not for anything next year. If you were to go back into college play four years at Kentucky, have a skill set of any former player player that you want to be able to enhance that and going based off of their just their call it for.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see, okay, I would want to be I appreciate the call because I would want to be John Wall. Anthony Davis is better, but I would want to be John Wall because I would want to be fun. I would want to be able to take dudes off the dribble. I'd want to be able to have a dance that the whole country does. I would want to be have the swag. In this Nil era, John Wall would have made more money than Warren Buffett in the Annile era. So if you ask me who would I want to be, especially in a four year career, four yall years of John Wall, he'd be like, I mean, he'd be a superstar. Uh in the country. Give me John Wall? What about you?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think John Walls the answer everyone would have. I'll go a little different, and it's twisting the question a little bit, but I would love to have the tournament run that Aaron Harrison had and have those like that. That's not really what he asked, but to have that clutch gene, I'll say that.
Speaker 3: That would be cool to have those shots because you could play those shots over a whole lot. I mean, there's not a better tournament run for anyone individually. And you'd have a free game winner that too. You'd have a twin and you'd be like, Hey, we're experiencing this together, Shannon, right Like you'd get to have a twin. That would be nice. I like that. What about you, Shannon, who would you want to be?
Speaker 7: I think Anthony Davis In my lifetime, I don't think there's been a better overall player that Kentucky's had than Anthony Davis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. Now you'd have to have a unibrow. Are you okay with that? Yeah? I'd be okay with that. Still planning, it'll be hard to like, it'd be hard to find clothes to fit if you're that tall. Is that okay to sacrifice?
Speaker 7: I think I'd be willing to.
Speaker 3: Make all right? So I'm John Wall Drews, Aaron Harrison, Shannon is Anthony Davis. I already know who you're gonna be here.
Speaker 5: No, I'm going with Tyler Eliz.
Speaker 3: What would you want to be? Short?
Speaker 5: I get to be amongst the regular people, and what on the floor that I can't do?
Speaker 3: Can do everything?
Speaker 5: Shoot, defensive player, the So you don't want to be okay, so we got tough.
Speaker 3: You bled like if you can be anybody? Don't you want to be like I would want to don't don't you want to be like my height?
Speaker 5: I would want to kind of dunk.
Speaker 4: Because you're kind of a part of this is you were kind of a small point guard? Is it?
Speaker 3: Did you see a little Ulessen yourself? I tried to be.
Speaker 5: But I wasn't as good as him.
Speaker 3: But uh, yeah he was.
Speaker 5: Uh there's nothing on the floor that he couldn't do.
Speaker 3: You shoot? I like that. Those are four different answers. I think there are four, like, very valid answers for very different reasons. So I can uh, I could respect that. I like that. I would want to dunk, though, yeah I did. Could Tyler dunk? I don't know that I ever remember him. I think I might have him off a lot. That's a good question. Who's the best Kentucky player ever? Who couldn't do Richie.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Richie, I know you're listening.
Speaker 3: Richie Barber said that way to well. First of all, d hey, Tyler Ulis could dunk, because he's probably the answer. If he couldn't dunk, I feel like I saw a video where he barely gets a lot, where he counted helps.
Speaker 4: It maybe like a lobre.
Speaker 3: Richie couldn't dunk. And Richie, if you text me and say you can duck, I don't believe that. Texas coming. Yeah, I don't believe. Hey, folks, the big news is here are good friends. At Cornbread Hemp launched their first pure infuse Seltzers in four delicious flavors, completely alcohol free, only six ingredients, only five grams of sugar and thirty calories. It's a perfect way to kick back with your friends. Drew may have had some on Friday, Blueberry Breeze, Salted Watermelon, peach iced tea, or Raspberry thirty Raspberry Lemonade. It had them on the way to the Oaks Record. You can get them online directly at Cornbreadhemp dot com or at Total Wine Liquor, Barn Cox of Spirit Shops and Evergreen Liquors. Try corn Bread Hemp Seltzer will take a break, be right back, Karen Scottsdale, It's KSR, welcome back. It is take you Sports Radio. If I have nine twenty two eighty seven people writing in with who they'd want to be, would like to hear some of the answers. One Birdon says, I'd like to be Travis Ford. What would be cooler than being from Kentucky and playing here and growing up in Madisonville? Not fair enough. One person says Matt, I want to be Devin Booker. He's way too good looking and girls were licking his car doors. It would be nice to go through life that good looking. If Ryan was here, he goes, Oh no, I feel like that would have been Ryan's live right. Devin Booker's a good pick. Devin Booker's a good pick. One person says Matt, I'd like to be Winning Gabriel.
Speaker 7: That's the answer right there.
Speaker 3: Why did they want to be winning the great Player? Yeah? Yeah, that's a good no other explanation.
Speaker 4: Did any want to say Oscar? It's not it's not the style you'd pick, but I mean I feel.
Speaker 3: Like Oscar, though probably his body would hurt after games. Yeah, you know what? I mean, like, I feel like he played a style that he probably needed to be in the ice bath a lot. It's some record set games. But people did love him. I mean, fans absolutely adored him. You know, you go back. I mean, being Rex would have been pretty awesome back in his day. Being a young Rex Chapman might be the answer because he would have had the game and the off the court and the stories. I mean Rex has.
Speaker 4: We know a couple of them.
Speaker 3: Rex has single handedly the best story in the history of Kentucky basketball. And if that man wants to sell books, that's the story he needs to tell.
Speaker 4: He's another one. You've mentioned Wall making a lot of money. Rex's recruitment he would have.
Speaker 3: Did make. He would have. Yeah, I think you could make an argument that Rex has he's certainly the best story. Would you agree, Like, if we were to do the okay, we could say whatever, that's the best one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rex. Rex enjoyed his time as you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, uh no, anybody. I'm trying to think who else? See what else? People? One person says they'd like to be Neuralan's Noel. That's an interesting one. Be very tall, could block every shot. He's a career I wish could do over. I wish you could do his career over without the A C L. I think he would have been a beloved Kentucky player. I don't know what happened in the NBA. His his skill set really did not translate to the modern NBA well because he couldn't shoot. But the Old Miss game, I will Old Miss game is a legendary game that's forgotten because he got hurt the next game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, four fouls and still managed to block what was it eleven shots? Like seven of them were after he got his fourth foul.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, his recruitment was huge. We kind of got immune to John Caliperi getting recruits, but early on when he spun around in the chair and had the UK in the back of his head, that was an all time Kentucky memory too.
Speaker 3: All Right, we need to talk about something real quick, Shannon, before we go back to the phone. We learned something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what'd you learn?
Speaker 3: You know Billy had a birthday last week? Right? We already knew that. That's not what we learned. Yeah, No, I saw a picture he had. They had a party for him, and we learned this week this weekend, Uh, Shandon and I'm not going to reveal the sources, but we learned that Billy, Uh, there was a surprise party for him, and the people throwing it did not invite us because they didn't think we liked Billy.
Speaker 7: I knew about the surprise party after the fact, but yeah, I was either.
Speaker 3: So you weren't invited either, that was my question. So you were not invited, so none of us were invited, which, by the way, is totally fine. Like I can totally see having a surprise party and not inviting us. We're work friends. I get it, we're work friends. I consider Billy a friend, but I get it, like you have different levels of friends in your life, Like sometimes I told and then like, you invite one of us, you probably have to invite all of us. Totally cool not being invited. But what I was told is they would have invited us, but quote, we don't think they like Billy. Now, I mean we need to dispel that. Man. I love Billy. I like Billy perfectly fine. I consider him a friend. I would go to a surprise Billy was it his thirtieth birthday, especially with a birthday party that's like important, like third thirty. I would certainly go to that now. If they don't want invite us, that's fine, But Shan and I kind of feel bad that that they, whoever this was, that through it didn't think we will like see.
Speaker 7: I didn't know that sort of wrinkles of the story. I didn't know that they didn't think that we didn't like Billy.
Speaker 4: I found out about it the day before and that we weren't invited, and I said, I will absolutely go, and then uh, I found I was in Louisville. And it's not that I can't travel for Billy, but I legitimately could not drop to Louisville and back that day.
Speaker 3: But I like Louisville. That night, Shannon, you and I could have gone yeah again. I just want Billy to know. And Billy's you know, his posse, people like we like you. He loved Billy. Now, I give you a hard time, but it's for your own benefit. There's some Billy characteristics that need to be tweaked, okay, as we saw last year on the Postgame show a couple of times. But I like Billy. So I want to make a public because I don't know who's throwing these Billy party. But if you have Billy parties. If you would like us to go, I would go because I genuinely like Billy, and it makes me feel bad that he doesn't, or at least some people think we don't like him.
Speaker 4: I feel the same way. I actually planned to take Billy out for his birthday. We've been slammed this past week. But maybe Thursday in Owensboro, a little KSR overnight, maybe we can have It won't be a surprise party, but man.
Speaker 3: I won't be there, Mario, Mario and I won't be there yet. Well that will be a bad look. But I will be there at Owensboro. I'll try to take Billy out. You know, he and I played golf before. I like Billy.
Speaker 4: I felt bad when I heard again.
Speaker 3: Not that we need to be included, but if Sinnam, would you have gone, Billy feel like we don't like it? Have gone?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Mario, you were with Billy. I heard he got cut off on the drinks at Churchill Down, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, call him.
Speaker 5: I don't know to Lily, Billy is what they're calling.
Speaker 3: That's good. He got me he got cut off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he wasn't as bad as Daniel Daniels.
Speaker 3: Any other throwing, throwing it off air personality under the bus. We love Daniel was off the rails on.
Speaker 7: The air today, and we already had a Daniel in here this morning.
Speaker 3: So don't Mario, just let's see ride living got astray, Liby done got astray? Now Daniel, So Billy got cut off. He wasn't as bad he was.
Speaker 5: He was okay, he was Daniel was really bad.
Speaker 3: Daniel. Daniel is not part of.
Speaker 5: Bill and Billy was hanging out. He wasn't as bad as as as it is saying he's okay to Lily Billy.
Speaker 3: But he got who cut him off? I didn't cut him off, but somebody cut him off? Was he just chatty? Was he loopy? Was he stumbling? Like? What kind of I will say, Billy, I will say, Billy if you look at the picture from Derby, Mario tweeted out a picture from Derby. Billy looks like a newspaper reporter from the fifties or like a nineteen twenties paper boy. You don't like his hat. I like this little Billy looks like he should be out on the street going extra extra. Yankees, Yankees waiting seven extra.
Speaker 4: We'll got a lot of impersonations from Scott's Stone Matto Today.
Speaker 3: I gotta pum up the pic. Tell me he does not look like a newsboy. That's what they call those things. He was interviewing jockeys.
Speaker 4: Maybe he felt like you needed to get it's one hundred and fifty first Derby.
Speaker 3: Maybe you want to go back. I'm telling you that's what he looked like his Derby outfit. It was a throwback, right, he was a throwback. Twin newspapers ruled the day. Hey, I'm sure he's listening. We love you, Billy. We'll take a break and be right back here at Scottsdale. It's KOSR.
Speaker 5: TJ.
Speaker 1: Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 4: He'll make them pay.
Speaker 7: Now more of Kentucky's Ports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 3: Here's Matt Jones. Yeah, there's no doubt we were. We're giddy here. I'm just talking about. First of all, the name to Lily Billy is a brilliant one. That's the I mean, honestly, that has to that should probably replace his two mimosas. But to Lily Billy is a great name and also true and for people who Matt one first Rate's Matt up and listen this show. For fifteen years, You've never made me laugh harder than when you said extra extra about Billy. Mario laughed at the entire break.
Speaker 4: That laugh you're hearing right now has not stopped in the last five minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you, Drew is usually the funny one of the group, but you really made me laugh. Well done. Well, I'm getting a good mood in these trips, and I also I do. I couldn't help when I saw Billies. When I saw Billy's hat, he looked all right. So the Reds and Braves start a series tonight. Oh yeah, yeah, both of our tea on us and we're not doing well. We just lost a series to the Nationals. Do you want to do like a little wager for these it's.
Speaker 4: A big part of the beat, gal, I see on the itinerary we got a bet on it, and then I guess sit there and watch it together.
Speaker 3: I just don't know what we're doing, but yeah, we'll be gambling. Yeah, so neither of our teams are doing great right now in Atlanta? Is it in Atlantic? Okay? I could be wrong.
Speaker 7: Picture hitting up for those tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, it's not quite as exciting as when we thought both teams might be good. But but that's okay. I think we have a better record than you do, don't we.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we lost to the Rockies last week, which is uh, I didn't even know you could lose to the Rockies, and I think that was allowed. But somehow the Braves managed to pull that off. But I'm not afraid to bet on my Braves. Whatever you want to do, I'm in.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, we'll figure something out. We got a Brady Singer versus a J. Smith Shaver to Brady Singer has been pretty good. Who's aj smith Shaver?
Speaker 4: Well, he's our starting pitcher. Braves are a favorite minus one eight.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, it's a big favorite. All right, we'll give me the underdog man. Actually, I think I like the red We need to figure that out, right. So this gala tonight, we uh, we don't really know what it is. There's a red carpet which we're apparently gonna walk down. We don't I mean literally, I don't know anyone that's gonna be there but us, and I guess the barstool people we were talking about. We don't even really know all that many barstool people. I mean, I know Big Cat and PFT. I know Portnoy a little bit, but not well. I guess I know Brandon Walker, but that's pretty much it for me. I don't I don't really know any of the other guys, do you.
Speaker 4: Uh No, David, big Cat decently well barely No p f T. And as I told you golfing Er today, we don't use names. I don't even like most of the other ones.
Speaker 3: No, no, I mean like the.
Speaker 4: Far down the list, not the people I would consider true barstool get No, I love Big Cat in that group, but uh, there's gonna be a lot of them. If we have to do small talk, I don't even know what we're gonna say.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, Shannon, we think this can go one of two ways. Okay, Either this will be like really fun, like it's gonna be a big gala and we'll meet random people and it's gonna be really fun. Or it's gonna be really awkward and it's just gonna Drew Mario sitting at a table by herself. I think that's the way it's gonna go. You know. Yeah, but this is like like it's like their thing, you know what. I mean, like they're a whole group and we're but we're not the guest of honor. I'm not even sure they know we're here. Maybe they do. Somebody int you, well, draft kings invited, so like, I mean, the drafting people will be here. But that's almost like handing hanging hanging out with the teachers at the prom or something.
Speaker 7: You know, at least you got invited. Billy wouldn't even invited you to it, So that's true.
Speaker 3: Didn't invite the party, now I did. I mean, I've never wore worn a swede jacket in my life. Swayed, cunning. Do you saw it? You like? It feels good? It feels good, it does, Swayed, cutting to him all, I've also never worn all black black in my life. Well, you're not wearing all black?
Speaker 4: So you fine shoes black?
Speaker 3: What are you wearing, Mario? Uh? Some red? Who are you wearing? Some red?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: Red and black? You know you're blended with the carpet. Yeah, yeah, I think red's gonna look good with my skin. So I wanted to go with red and some of that pops a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, what are you wearing?
Speaker 4: I I bought a new black suit. It's not a tuxedo, but it's a nice It had a good price tag on it. All black suit, black tie. And I got some new patent leather black shoes that are really shiny, because I feel like, if you're gonna be it says black tie encouraged. I feel like I needed the shoes that really really stands out out, little little white pocket square. So it's bringing all together, but all black and white.
Speaker 3: All right, black and white. Well, I mean this is uh, you know, so we walk in. It's apparently it's the bet Gala. They say, uh, celebrities, athletes. I don't know where we fit into that. Radios from Kentucky Radio from Kentucky. I do think there's a good chance, Shannon, it's just gonna be sitting at a table like by ourselves, watching the games at the draft at because it's at the Draft Kings sports book, so it's like at uh, it's at a sports book. So I kind of feel like, Shannon, I'm just gonna be watching the I don't know who plays tonight. What sports Yeah, but that can't be the main event.
Speaker 4: There's one NBA game.
Speaker 3: Right, It's like Nick Celtics and Nick Celtics. Okay, so that'll probably be the thing they focus on the most in one NHL game. Who's the NHL game Panthers may not quite as exciting. So so anyway, I Shannon, I think it'll be fun just hanging out with these guys, but I kind of wonder if we're gonna end up talking. I'm sure Big Cat and p f T will come by and say hello, Yeah, you just use them, and I'm sure people yeah, I'll say hello to Dave and then they're doing their own live stream. But they're doing their own live show. Yeah, I don't think they're gonna I don't think they're gonna have us beyond that, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I do like I like my team here. None of us are very shy, so I don't know that we'll just Mario will be handing out his business card to people.
Speaker 3: Mario will end up on the live stream. Mario's gonna end up hired by somebody else, Shannon stream.
Speaker 7: Contracts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we might have to work for it.
Speaker 4: We might have to go seek out the uh, the social interactions. I don't think they'll come to us, but we're gonna we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have to say, a number of influencers will be here. Who do we think? I know? One of them is that Sidney Thomas girl. I hope Livy duns there. I hope. So actually I want to manifest Livy done there. Yeah, that would be really awkward. I don't even I'm I'm getting old.
Speaker 4: I don't even know the hip TikTok influencers these days, But like.
Speaker 3: What would we even say? What about the guy that What if they come and say, here's Sidney Thomas, what do you what do we even say? Like, hello, Sidney, nice job at the Jake Paul fight. Perry, I know what I know, and they're probably not interest. So that's the interview we do. Travis Perry just transferred to old miss gonna be playing against Alabama. What do you think, Marrow? Do you know who Sidney Thomas is?
Speaker 5: She's the shes at the Mike Tyson fight something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's now you know what we know. So you're just as you're just as ready as we are for that.
Speaker 4: I'm excited the whole thing. It should be fun, though. Chicken Fry maybe she'll be there. I like Zach Bryan, I could ask her, what's Zach Bryan.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't think she wants to talk about.
Speaker 4: That's probably not the way I should start that.
Speaker 3: I'm glad. I'm glad we practiced. Now.
Speaker 4: That would have been a horrible way. That would the worst. She would have just walked away, all right, Sorry, Brianna. What do you think about Trappisburry going on?
Speaker 5: Miss?
Speaker 3: I think that's our go to line for everybody.
Speaker 4: Mario always gonna do a lot of it. Maybe we'll do our own live stream.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna video?
Speaker 5: We can do some interviews.
Speaker 3: We couldn't know. I think you need to be the one to do it. I'm gonna be I want to be in the background. I'm just gonna this is my night off, so you can be the start. I'll film you if you want. We can do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna have a couple and have a good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Maybe we'll give us things to ride away from you to say tomorrow Newark Airport. By the way, did you see this announcement, Shannon? I thought this would be something you'd be particularly interested in. United cut thirty five flights to Newark Airport and the former head of air Traffic Controls Security at the new Newark Airport says Newark Airport is not safe to fly into right now because we don't have enough air traffic controllers and it's too dangerous in this person's mind, and who's going to keeping it open there they're keep well, first of all, I mean that's a major Like if you fly United, it's the only way to get to New York pretty much. I mean, that's that is a major United hug Newark. Would you I fly to Newark all the time because if you're staying on the lower side of Manhattan, it's closer than if you fly to JFK or Laguardi and it's not and it's it's much Yeah, it's much closer. So I fly to Newark all the time, knowing what this person says, even though still thousands of flights go in and out of all there. Would you not fly because right now they say it's dangerous. There's two other options.
Speaker 7: There's JFK and Lagoria, right, so I'd be I don't care if it is an eighty dollars uber. I would rather fly on the one that I feel more comfortable going to and then stay New Work.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 4: I'm not someone that usually worries about this stuff. But if someone thinks it's that bad that they're like put it out in media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, real bad. The job of being in charge of it instead. Right now, it is not safe, that's what they say, telling their own family not fly, Yeah, telling their own family.
Speaker 7: I know, Matt, you're not getting on that plane. If the guy says that's not safe, it's.
Speaker 3: Just like that's the most convenient airport.
Speaker 7: I mean they're still going down and dying. That's not very convenient either.
Speaker 3: Well, it would make it eat. I mean, like I wouldn't have to worry about making missing my connection. But I yeah, I don't know. I mean like United canceling in two days, they cancel thirty five flights, and that person says that it does feel like somebody should go, wait a minute, what's going on right, because they're still flights.
Speaker 5: Coming in and out until something bad happens and then well, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean it was awful if it happened after I warn him. But you know, they had a flight go down in DC. Did it change anything? I think all they did was say helicopters couldn't fly as low anymore. But I don't know. I will say that's like in twenty twenty five to cease to see that story's kind of in a major airport, I mean Newark for people who don't fly to New York. Newark is a major airport. Kind of a little bit scary. All Right, this is supposed to be Stocked Mortgage, but he's not here, so you wouldn't give it a bet. You'll give it your best effort.
Speaker 4: Uh well, uh, obviously it was a great time to buy it. So if you are looking to either buy or sell you Stocked and Mortgage. They are growing with several locations around Kentucky. I don't have the exact number in front of me.
Speaker 3: Well, what's an advantage of using stock to mortgage Mario over like another mortgage?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is, no, I'm asking you, Oh, Stockton Mortgage. You know they get the hu for you, and you.
Speaker 3: Know they don't get that, they're really getting to that. They put you in a position to, you know, get the best. Why would I want to use them over a different company?
Speaker 5: You know, they just you know, they just they stand out like a customer service.
Speaker 3: In what ways do they stand out? Customer service is elite? Okay, that was what Drew said, But what do you What do you think?
Speaker 5: What do I think about it? I think I like that they've been here for so long. They're a long running business.
Speaker 3: They're not a fly by night.
Speaker 5: No, not not at all.
Speaker 3: That's right. And they're in the MLS and they're in the mL Drew said, play Miami, f c uh coming up. They also you can call and talk to a real person. Yeah, they don't. They don't. Just you don't. You get to sign the same person. You don't get a different person every time you call. And a great website. Great website, great website. Go to Stockton dot com, s t O c K t o N dot com the mortgage broker for you.
Speaker 4: It is stocked to mortgage and they're growing and it's a great time to buy.
Speaker 3: I think we already did better than Ry most of.
Speaker 4: The well, he's usually fun ring over his phone to pull it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll take a break. Very back, Schasser, welcome back, final segment. Here can'ts are live in Scottsdale? Where will be again tomorrow and uh Wednesday and Thursday. I'll be here. One person writes, Matt. You know Swayede is a winter frat fabric. You were in Scottsdale in the spring and summer. Swede probably wasn't the best choice. Well, you know what, what am I gonna What am I gonna do? Bet that any black suit in Arizona this time of year is a great idea. But we're doing it. But that's the dress. Another person says, it's the bat Galley. You're supposed to wear suits that are BET themed. I don't even know what that means. I guess suits with money on them. I don't know. Yeah, but like, here's the problem with that. I thought about this. I'm sure there will be like barstool people wearing goofy suits. Chan. The problem is, what if we dressed up like that and nobody else did. Everybody Like we come to their event and we look like clown and they're all in tuxedos. Like I'm taking the neutral response, that's yeah, let them be funny, Like this is their event. So like if it was the KSR Gala, they not could wear something goofy And it's like, well, it's his thing, so he can do it. That we're guessed. So if we show up looking like clowns and nobody else looks like a clown, then we look ridiculous. So I'd much rather they beat clowns and then we just look like normal people. And then people go, well, they're just the suits from Draft Kings, and then we're fine.
Speaker 4: I've heard Big Cat talk about how they're dressing goofy, but we only have the invitation we were sent and it says black tie encouraged, and I'm just gonna follow with what that said.
Speaker 3: I just think it would be like our spots is yeah, crazy if like three or four of them look absurd and then people are like that dude is in his forties and he's wearing that. You know, I just don't want that to I just don't want to be case. One person says, if you two are wearing black suits, Mario's wearing red, you all are going to look like Mario's security. It's fine with that. I'm fine with that, like somebody for Mario to my god, you can if that's how it ends up being, then that's how it ends up being. My guys. Man, who's up next? Ship?
Speaker 7: Kentucky gas Man.
Speaker 3: Kentucky gas Man? How are you?
Speaker 8: Hey? May I have going?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 8: Yeah? So I heard this story and I'm uh, this story and I'm not sure I believe it. So I when they drove the fact ticket. So our guy in Georgetown apparently he got out Thursday on Friday, out of jail, and I guess the way I understand it is he met his full winn. He seventy million dollars on celebrity.
Speaker 3: Oh I saw that that was an AI Yeah that was that was? You found that on fake? Yeah, AI thing, I think, sir.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, I heard it on the radio on another station. I appreciate you time.
Speaker 4: I did see that there was a meme going around, but I don't I don't think that was real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would. I mean, he clearly doesn't have the best judgment since he was in a bar fight. It's a non zero chance. Yeah, I mean it's one of those things that's plausible, you know. But see what they were talking about that. I don't think that was real. Yeah, I don't. I don't think that was that was real either. The sovereignty winning have you seen his His handlers are saying that they might not do the preakness that. I'm gonna say this, Shannon, I say this every year. You it should be required. I agree that unless the horse is hurt. They have to run in the Preakness for the good of horse racing. Like you, it's it's like the Daytona five hundred. When you win the Daytona five hundred, they take your car. Presumably that's a really good car, but they take the car and put it in the museum. And yeah, you lose your good car. But you know what, so what you won the Daytona five hundred. If the horse is healthy, it should have to run in the Preakness.
Speaker 4: And with we were mentioned how there's so much attention on the sport now it hurts the triple crown moving forward. If there's the uh interest in can someone pull off the triple clearer?
Speaker 3: Now there are horse people that say, like, it's two weeks is way too close to run a horse. Then I would say, forget tradition. You're gonna have to move it back, right, You can't. You cannot have the Derby winner Shannon not in the Preakness. That just makes the Preakness irrelevant.
Speaker 7: If you do that now, absolutely, and we've been doing this for how many years. The horses have been fine running two weeks after the dirty.
Speaker 3: You can ask you a question, why do horses not get faster. Every other form of life we've talked about the best people to do it do it now. It's like the fastest sprinters now, the fastest swimmers now. Horses and horse racing, horse racing, the times are not that much different than they were in the fifties, and the fastest race is still a horse in the seventies. Why don't horses get faster? Why is it every other sports entity the times have gotten faster, but in horse racing they really have.
Speaker 4: My probably dumb off the cuugh answer here is we've had a lot of changes to our prep and our diet, and they're just eating the same oats and grass and running the same circle they've been doing exactly hundreds of years. We have a lot better training, We've learned a lot more of what we need to do together.
Speaker 3: You don't think like horse diets, they don't have.
Speaker 4: The I mean, their oats have probably got a little better, but at the end the day, horse is just a horse, you know, not gonna make a difference. I mean, Bob Baffort's got some creams and some things that probably help out a little bit.
Speaker 3: So you don't think they do wellness retreat.
Speaker 4: Again this is I did not know I was going to be asking this, so I've put zero thought into it.
Speaker 3: But that is my game show. People who know may know the answer. I don't understand why horses have not gotten faster. DraftKings. We're going to the Draft Kings uh barstool Gallot tonight. If you'd like to join us betting on those things. We might tweet out some of our bets for tonight. There's the Knicks play, then I think the Nuggets play as well, So it's all going on tonight. You go to DraftKings dot com place your wagers, maybe look for us. Uh. We'll put them out front. DraftKings dk dot com. Download it, use a code KSR and you can make the bets we do tonight at the barstool Gallop. Well, Shannon uh So we'll be back tomorrow after our night out on the town here in Scottsdale Monday night party this evening. Thank you folks very much for listening. We had fun. We'll see tomorrow. This is be in Kentucky Sports Radio