Speaker 1: Hey, it's brigand Jeffrey and you found the Second Date podcast. If you've heard a textual healing before, then you know how this works. If you haven't, it's where we have a listener write in that needs some help texting. Yeah, sometimes you just don't know the right words to say. You're stuck in a weird situation and.
Speaker 2: Like today's needs help with her neighbor texting.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yea.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna go through that today in just a second. But we always love to start with your comments.
Speaker 2: You're tea said found you guys on TikTok, decided to search you up on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I listen to you guys every day when I'm walking, driving, drawing, learning, et cetera. I've listened to every single episode from twenty twelve until now.
Speaker 3: You guys are amazing love from Lithuania. Oh that's so cool. Great, we know et cetera is going to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're okay with it calling a All right, your textual healing starts right now.
Speaker 4: I don't think this has ever happened on the show before. Where mid call we just had to pause and tell the woman on the phone to just breathe. She was that worked up, But you know what, you might feel the same way if you were in her shoes, dealing with her neighbor next door and the tiny problem that's been slowly ruining her life. We're gonna try and help her fix it with our fingers, all eleven of them, and you're gonna hear what that problem was. We're gonna do I use an extra one when I text I don't want to know, you'll hear her problem in a brand new textual.
Speaker 3: Here why do I ask questions?
Speaker 4: And it's coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: Text.
Speaker 4: You will then text you wal there's a saying that good fences make good neighbors. Yes, there's another saying that says bad neighbors make good fertilizer. I don't support that one, but I will say I do see the point, ah, because annoying neighbors can really get on your nerves and create unnecessarily problems for you in your life.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's true.
Speaker 4: And apparently there's something that's going on with one of our listeners, Allison and her next door neighbor.
Speaker 3: Please tell me the neighbor's still above ground. After Jeffrey's intro there, let's find out.
Speaker 4: Yes, maybe she needs to text the Morgue or something to come pick them up. Allison, how you doing?
Speaker 5: Oh? Do I need you guys help? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Oh we're not that close of friends. Man, I'm not taking one down.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you. I have these neighbors. So a few months ago they got this cute white dog and it was fine. I heard some barking, and then the barking got more. Every single time there's a wind blowing a squirrel a rabbit, we have rabbits in the backyard barking, driving me nuts.
Speaker 1: I mean really, okay, it feels like you're gonna break right now just even talking about it.
Speaker 4: Is there any way that you could get rid of all the squirrels and stop the wind in your neighborhood that.
Speaker 3: I like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, really, so get this. I've already texted neighbors and I said, hey, listen because I hate confrontation, you know, And I was like, please, the dog's been sparking for five hours. Could you just like you maybe take him in a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, though, I will say, when we first got our dog, we didn't realize that when we would go out to the bars at night.
Speaker 3: She would stay out barking all.
Speaker 1: Night, and so finally one of our neighbors wrote us a no, and we felt terrible. You know, of course we didn't let the dog out at night.
Speaker 3: Anymore appened in my apartment complex.
Speaker 4: I remember one of the gas was like, we didn't even know.
Speaker 1: Or.
Speaker 4: So, how did how did your neighbors react when you sent that message to them?
Speaker 5: Well, see, now you guys would act like a normal neighbor. Okay. So they said, all right, we're going to do something about it. And then, oh my god, it's the dog.
Speaker 4: Anyway, they said that I know you're very wound up about this house, and we can understand why. Yeah, but just relax a second. We're here to help you. Yeah, And it sounds like you actually got a decent response from that.
Speaker 3: They said they'd take care of it.
Speaker 5: Well they didn't. They didn't take care of it at all. A matter of fact, the barking got worse. So I sent them another text method now we're getting messy.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh god, what did you say there?
Speaker 5: Okay? So I was like please please, and I put three pleases, you know, please stop your dog from barking, and they just never responded after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds too polite. No, neighbors don't respond to that.
Speaker 3: No, please, please please is not polite. One please is plate.
Speaker 1: Three pleases is like condescending almost.
Speaker 5: Okay, but for the record, the first time I was very nice. I mean, this is like the third text I've sent. I just I can't take it anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we could tell. We can tell people than.
Speaker 4: The dogs barking all the time? Are they bad neighbors in any other way?
Speaker 5: They're fine everything else I have. There's nothing else wrong really, Okay, Okay, I'm not a complainer. I hate confrontation.
Speaker 4: You're not a complainer, but you will come on the radio and voice all the pleasure about it, which is different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we needed that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for this segment, we get that healthy, safe place to do.
Speaker 1: So you don't want to ruin the relationship, because like living next door to someone that you hate or hates you is going to be even worse than the dog barking.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, do you remember in New York City a really long time ago where that you know, there's the son of Sammy's the thing that made him snap with the dog barking?
Speaker 3: Okay, back to the fertilizer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're not sure one hundred percent if exactly like what she wants to do with this.
Speaker 1: Text messag, I don't know if I want to know after she just made that reference.
Speaker 4: I mean, Alison, what's your overall goal with doing the call this way?
Speaker 5: All right? Okay, So here's the thing. I've been listening you guys. I love, love, love you guys, and I thought, you know what, these are the people to help me. I just know it, And I just want to know. Do you all have any kind of like ideas or anything I could say? I mean, I just I'm at a loss here and I.
Speaker 4: Think you but as far as the goal of the texting here, are you trying to say we need to figure out one text to get the dog to stop barking?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, well, I mean the first.
Speaker 4: Thing we have to do they agreed to it before, but nothing happened.
Speaker 1: But the first thing we have to do is even get them to respond again because they have left her on.
Speaker 3: Read they don't like her.
Speaker 4: Right, that's a good point. I think if we text you about the dog, they're knocking her answer. It's just been the whole vibe of your relationship lately has been so serious between you and your neighbors. Maybe we should start off on a lighter note with like a dog pun or a dog joke, like a knock joke.
Speaker 3: I don't I like it? You don't like that, Alexis.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wouldn't reply to anybody's puns, so maybe i'm a background.
Speaker 4: We won't go with the pun to do the knock knock route. You're like, knock knock, who's there? Your dog's still barking? Dog emotion?
Speaker 5: You know what you guys, humor. I've noticed in my whole life humor always worked. I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 3: All right, that is it. It's a take.
Speaker 1: So let's make sure that we also included it's going to be the knock knock joke, who's there?
Speaker 3: Your dog?
Speaker 4: Who's there? Your dogs still barking?
Speaker 3: To do that one, they're not going to get it to reply to it. It should just be a random dog joke. Like I don't know, do I like the dog I like the knock knock? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I feel like that's maybe if.
Speaker 5: I put a happy face and it's like you know, emojis or something.
Speaker 4: I would take this as route.
Speaker 3: You need to do cry.
Speaker 4: I would literally read this and be like, this is the most backhanded I agree, but.
Speaker 3: I want to see what they respond anyway, entertainment, all right.
Speaker 4: Like knock knock, guess it's still barking.
Speaker 1: If you add a laughing crying emoji and a cute little puppy emoji.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: A great idea, even though this is probably some of the worst advice we've ever given. I'd you want to try it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's remember it is Jeff's idea.
Speaker 4: I will take full response.
Speaker 3: Don't put it as a paragraph.
Speaker 4: That's a good call. Good call. So knock knock, period return. They are question mark return. Yes, your dog's still barking emoji, laughing emoji and a dog emoji.
Speaker 5: Y got it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give it a shot. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: You know it's going to get a response.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's going to get a positive response, but it's going to get a response.
Speaker 4: That was one of the two goals that we sent, so we'd be halfway there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe it'll just haha back all right.
Speaker 4: You know so you sent that out, Alison, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: We're going to come back to warn her neighborhood.
Speaker 4: We could or we're the greatest peacemakers of all time and they should use this technique at the United Nations. We're gonna come back and we'll continue with textual healing. Right after this, we're on the phone with Alison for another segment of textual healing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm worried about her heart rate.
Speaker 4: She's stressed out because she has an issue with her next door neighbors, who actually, from the sound of it, seem like very nice, reasonable people, but they are fed up with Alison because Alison keeps texting about their barking dog. She's messaged several times before pleading that they get their pupp to stay quiet. Nothing has worked, which is why Alison came to us for help, and we decided to go with a little knock knock dog humor. Yes, and we have her texture neighbor knock knock, who's there? Your dog still barking in the backyard? Laugh emoji dog emoji? Because funny to us, because right, But just one of our goals of this whole thing was to get them to respond red totally. Alison, have you gotten anything back from your neighbors yet?
Speaker 5: Oh? My god, I totally got to respond.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh my god, is it good or bad?
Speaker 4: Done with our job, our goal?
Speaker 3: I am dying to hear what they said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, this is what they wrote back. They said, we've tried, but Barney needs to express. Barney the dog needs to express his emotion, and we took him to the vet. This is what our vet said. If we get a holistic vet and Barney has to express himself, that's what they told me.
Speaker 4: He's barking for his mental health.
Speaker 1: Then my dog sees a holistic vet to holistic the acupuncture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how do you feel about that? Alison? What's your reaction?
Speaker 5: I am beside myself. I mean, what the world health? Not? Well, she has a.
Speaker 4: Holistic you should try barking express Okay, so now we need to respond alexis, what do you think you're expert? You're an expert at dealing with like high confrontation and you love dogs to name.
Speaker 2: That plays the bagpipes and I don't say anything to that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but your roommates twin sister is in vet school.
Speaker 3: We're pro dogs. The neighbor actually we usually say it's the neighbor's fall.
Speaker 4: Well, let's let's use. I mean, they clearly trust what their vet says. Maybe we can go off of something like veterinary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if we throw some information back at them, because I mean the thing with holistic health is sometimes there's some gray area. And what if you said that's interesting, Because that's not saying you agree or disagree with the holistic fat you just say that's interesting. Maybe your dog could express themselves in other ways, like playing fetch, or have you thought about getting one of those doggie pads where it talks to you when it pushes the buttle, or some.
Speaker 4: Sort of like dog art class that lets you get your rage after paint.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what? Why not? I mean maybe I should take a little more calm approach.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you like it, Allison. Let's text it the yeah yeah all right. Let Brooks say that again so that Allison can.
Speaker 3: Text you just say that's interesting. Maybe your dog could express itself in different ways?
Speaker 4: Good? Perhaps perhaps that.
Speaker 3: Or one of those dog pads where it can talk to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, good thing. This is a Twitter and you don't have like a cap limit on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, do you remember I write it down?
Speaker 4: I think that's good because at that point, you're not attacking them anymore. You're trying to be helpful and part of the solution. And Brooke did a good job. Asking questions is good because you're trying to help and learn and like it. I know jose Is giving brook the credit there, but let's give Alexis credit for that text.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brooks took the words out of my mouth before I say that.
Speaker 1: It was like telepathectly, like a deer in a headlight when you ask after you stole my answer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Allison, go ahead send that if you haven't already.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just sent it. I send it already. Okay, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: All right, you sound like that sounded like a small dog.
Speaker 5: Bigre shuld stand in the backyard and bark.
Speaker 1: Right, do you work from home? Is that why this is such an issue for you? The dog barking?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, you read my mind. Yes, I do. I work from home.
Speaker 3: The mind reader as well. Jeffrey, just to me, can you.
Speaker 4: Guess what they're going to respond with Brooke? What are they going to say back to our text?
Speaker 1: Well, they're probably gonna shoot down both her ideas.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: That maybe we could send him an Amazon link. Next.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, they just they just responded. They said that I have to respect the free will of all creatures, and they remained free. And then she said, he chooses to be an outside dog, we have to let him be free. Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean the old answer if is you then have to wake up at two in the morning and start practicing drums or something.
Speaker 4: You mean in retribution, Well, that's getting ugly.
Speaker 5: You know what maybe I should take You know, my mom always used to say, take the high roads, right, get high.
Speaker 3: These people aren't even on the road.
Speaker 4: Look. Maybe because maybe we just lean into this even more. That's what alexis in her all her wisdom would tell you. Don't try and push back constantly, try and lean into it. And instead of fight with them, why not say you know what you're right? That immediately disarms them. Wait wait, wait, see, let me finish your right. Who are we to say when and where your dog can bark? I want to get to know your dog better. Please let me dogs sit further you on your next vacation.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, what do you I don't do you hear Alison?
Speaker 3: I don't trust her being alone.
Speaker 4: When he disappears under your care. It's like it was the dog's free will. Who was I to stop your dog from to go back to the genius.
Speaker 3: This is not my idea. That is terrible broke.
Speaker 4: No, seriously, though, are you open to like dogs sitting and maybe that'll disarm the tension between the two neighbors.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing. I love animals. I just don't want them barking in my face twenty four hours a day. But you know what, maybe if I got to know him, you know, and he is pretty cute, and I don't know, maybe I should just I really, maybe I should just take the high road, you know.
Speaker 4: And why did you you both take the high road? Be nice to the doggie, but leave the front gate on lock, just in gage.
Speaker 1: I mean that is free will because they're actually going against their dogs free will by keeping them in a caged Ye.
Speaker 4: Don't care, don't tell them, you know what.
Speaker 5: You're right though. It's an interesting point.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's exactly what you should text to your neighbor.
Speaker 3: So we didn't really solve anything.
Speaker 4: Well, I think we've at least got the communication going between the two neighbors again. And there's not so much like anger and animosity between you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, you made me laugh. You did solve something. You feel good.
Speaker 3: That's our mission, guys, that's what we always wanted. But don't actually like lose the dog on purpose. Right, we understand that was a joke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're just kidding.
Speaker 5: No coyotes and stuff, right, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I'm going to call that a successful edition of textual healing because we're out of time here.
Speaker 3: But I like your loose interpretation of success.
Speaker 4: Alexis calls it success, and that's all that.
Speaker 2: I feel good about this one.
Speaker 4: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Well, that wasn't exactly how we wanted things to No, not at all. That's why you just go back and being passive aggressive with your neighbors.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: And he's actually tried to talk to him about the problem.
Speaker 1: But we did have a lot of comments come in after this textual healing.
Speaker 3: What did you see, Alexis.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, one person said, maybe some type of petibles they should give them to call them now they actually have ye dog casually drugging the neighbor's dog.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the same stuff we give our dog on fourth of July. That neighbor just needs to walk the dog.
Speaker 3: More, honestly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, and then someone else said, I've experienced this type of dog barking, and I downloaded an app that transmitted the silent ringing noise that.
Speaker 3: Dogs can hear but we can't.
Speaker 2: It worked every time, and my own dog was never affected, only the neighbors.
Speaker 3: That's actually really, that's correct. How we should have called you at the beginning of this phone.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 3: There is seriously an app for everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, Okay, listen, let's make that sound right now for all the dogs listening.
Speaker 3: I think that's just our normal voice. Oh yeah, it was Alexis. Sorry, you're right, all the gods went crazy after you. All right there it is. Thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 1: Please hit that subscribe button and tomorrow starts our countdown the top ten second dates of the year. We're starting with number ten tomorrow right here with the Brook and Jeffrey podcast. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.