Speaker 1: All right, we're here. It's a second Date update. Thank you so much for finding us because you saw a viral TikTok, or maybe you saw something on Facebook, or maybe you'd just like to punish yourself. Yeah, with our segment.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it.
Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and you have been asking for it and we are finally delivering.
Speaker 2: Before we get to your brand new second.
Speaker 1: Date update today, huge news, we have officially launched Merch for a Cause, a second Date update line. Yeah wow, so cute and sweatshirt yes, cnet hoodie, both options. One hundred percent of proceeds will support Convoy of Hopes La.
Speaker 2: Wildfire relief efforts.
Speaker 3: So awesome.
Speaker 1: It's for a good cause too, and honestly, it's so cool it is. I just love it, so please go check it out. Of course, we're gonna have a link in the show notes so you can go purchase there, or just hop on over to our website which is Brook and Jeffrey dot com and if you tack us in it on Instafa to good Idea, peez Africk and Jeffrey, thank you so much for being here. We hope you love it as much as we do. And now let's get to the show.
Speaker 4: Second date update.
Speaker 3: She's back.
Speaker 5: Who's return?
Speaker 3: Callers of the second Date update? That's fine Laura. You may remember her.
Speaker 5: She was the avid Jim goer who roasted her date when she found out he tried to use a cupeon at Nobu.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because he claimed he didn't know that sushi could be that expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, came out, you came back, Laura.
Speaker 3: Who thing about Laura.
Speaker 5: She's got high end taste and I'm guessing that she is totally worth it. But you know, those types of ladies can be a little bit hard to please. And now there's another guy who's ghosting her, probably because he's so intimidated by you, Laura, That's what I would guess.
Speaker 3: But welcome back to our show. It's nice to have you on.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I love that you have high end taste but free when it comes to any sort of dating advice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she knows where to find good value. Yeah, that speaks a lot about you, Laura. So apparently this is a new guy that you want us to call today, right, what's his name?
Speaker 4: His name's Troy, Troy Troy.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I met this guy Troy I was kind of like on the download for a little while, and I was like, all right, I'm gonna try this again.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you took some time off of dating enough after having to recover from your experience with.
Speaker 4: Us from the Nobu coupon.
Speaker 3: Good for you for deciding to get back out there.
Speaker 2: You meet Troy online on an app?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and I liked his profile because it shows him being like super active.
Speaker 4: He's like into swimming.
Speaker 6: And other activities, hiking and things like that, and that's really important for me.
Speaker 5: He just has like a big fan of one hundred dollar bills in his hand, just like.
Speaker 6: No, it was just like the activity stuff, and you know, his body and his buds.
Speaker 2: That was the only thing that let's has just perked up to.
Speaker 5: Obviously this body okay, oh yeah, hot body active Troy.
Speaker 1: So did you initiate conversation with him?
Speaker 6: It was like a mutual thing and we just kind of had good conversation and talked about working out.
Speaker 4: So I found this thing online and it.
Speaker 6: Was the most incredible view and the perfect selfie spot.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you're picking your hiking based on the quality of picture you're going to get.
Speaker 6: Of course, because what girl doesn't want to look like a professional hiker standing on a rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, okay, but hiking's a fun activity.
Speaker 2: He's active eyes.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no no, it's about the Instagram photo, about the hike.
Speaker 6: So he was super down and we had a really nice hike and the pictures.
Speaker 4: Came out amazing.
Speaker 6: Okay, Toy is like the best I G I don't want to say i G boyfriend because we're not like together, but like standard wise, he'd be like the perfect IG boyfriend. Like he takes really good pictures.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's cute.
Speaker 2: You got pictures. Did you take pictures together?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we did some selfies and then we took pics of each other and we got some really good shots.
Speaker 2: Cool. That sounds good. It sounds then.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is the fun part.
Speaker 6: The way down, Troy slips, falls down and sprains his ankle.
Speaker 5: Probably saw like a cool chipmunk, and he like didn't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that's terrible.
Speaker 6: So basically you can't walk down the mountain, and he's obviously too heavy for me to carry him back down the mountain. So I didn't know what to do. I kind of had a little meltdown. And I was like, all right, let me see if my phone actually has service and I can call somebody to.
Speaker 3: Get help on the trail.
Speaker 4: No, no, it was super quiet.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you're gonna call in park rangers or what.
Speaker 6: I tried reaching out to a lot of people, like friends, emergency services. I mean basically anyone who could like help.
Speaker 4: Get him down the mountain.
Speaker 2: Did someone come help?
Speaker 4: Eventually medics showed up and came and helped.
Speaker 2: Whoa, oh wow.
Speaker 6: But the good news is on that avenue that it wasn't like the perfect end to a perfect date, but at least we got to like sit and chat and we had a ton of really intimate talk times.
Speaker 2: Well he's wind seated page.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, we always say this, but this is another cute story where if things work out for you, it's kind of like, yeah, you've sprained his ankle or.
Speaker 3: First date, right right?
Speaker 5: And what did you take more pictures of each other while he was sitting down on the ground.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's kind of wild that he hasn't I'm assuming he hasn't called you at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why I call it, because like he was talking a ton and now he's not talking at all, and I don't understand, and like, if it's because he got hurt, that's really kind of dumb.
Speaker 3: He's not embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Because getting hurt as an accident, you know, he could be like if.
Speaker 5: He's a big buffy, do you think he's like, oh no, I slip on a rock. I mean, this is a little bit unlike our typical dates that we talk about on the show, where it's like really quick, you'd like coffee chatting, then you're gone. This is the two of them sitting on a mountain to get other for an hour with nothing to do but talk, yeah, and take pictures of each other. Was there anything in the conversation that happened there that might be a little bit of a red flag for him?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I mean we were talking about all different topics, like a lot of gym talk, you know, just experience in the gym and what kind of different activities we like, and a little bit about family stuff, and I mean we weren't talking.
Speaker 4: About like getting married and having kids, if that's what you mean.
Speaker 3: Oh why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you sprayed your ankle, how many kids do.
Speaker 6: You want to have?
Speaker 5: I feel like this always comes up and I just want to get ahead of it.
Speaker 3: The medics that came to save him. Are they male? Are they female? Are they attractive? Are they unattractive? They showed up naked like firefighters.
Speaker 5: Like you weren't flirting with the hot paramedic guys that came up to save Now, I.
Speaker 6: Was talking to the medics, but I hope, I mean hopefully he didn't take it as me hitting on them.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll just say, if you talking to a man is something that he wouldn't call you back for, that's what.
Speaker 5: You know. Well, Okay, this is going to be an interesting one. We're going to call Troy for you. And first, I mean, see if he answers the phone, just.
Speaker 2: See if he needs his little boobooz kissed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where.
Speaker 3: Hopefully just.
Speaker 5: Maybe hopefully his phone is within reaching distance. And if he answers, we're going to ask him what's going on? Why aren't you calling back Laura after a great hiking date?
Speaker 2: Well, great date, bad hiking experience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, the Firs were amazing.
Speaker 5: Hopefully he's not still up on that mountain trying to get down, but we're gonna find out right after.
Speaker 3: This second date. Update, if you're just joining us.
Speaker 5: We're in the middle of a tense heart pumping, ankle throbbing.
Speaker 3: Second date update with Laura.
Speaker 5: Heart pumping because she went on a romantic mountain hike with a guy named Troy. Ankle throbbing because Troy fell and sprained his ankle the walk down the hill. Poor Troy, it was so bad he couldn't make it down on his own, so Laura had to call out for help until medics could arrive. Stayed with him the whole time, kept him calm, gave him mouth to mouth, and after all of that, after saving his life and snatching him from the jaws of death, Troy has the gall to ghost her.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, maybe she had bad breath during that mouth to mouth session.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I'm just gonna say it. Troy is a giant bee, big baby, okay.
Speaker 5: And I am dying to hear what he has to say and why to Jeff, what if any king woodland animals he saw and has to report on the path, Laura, are you with me?
Speaker 4: I don't think he's like a big baby.
Speaker 1: He got hurt, Come on, gosh, so forgiving as anyone thought. Maybe he's upset that you talked all this big talk about the gym, but then we're too weak to piggyback him all the way back to the car.
Speaker 3: You can expect that we're dragging him down.
Speaker 2: I don't know I would have done it, my dad says. I'm good German working stock. I'm built to carry heavy things.
Speaker 5: Why do you have to work that into every single Second Date Update that we do? And we're not even going to bring that up to Troy if he answers the phone, because we don't want to get too excited about it.
Speaker 3: But let's see if he picks up, we're gonna dial his.
Speaker 7: Number right now here we go.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hey, is this Troy? It is Oh Troy.
Speaker 6: WOA job?
Speaker 2: You'd be nice?
Speaker 4: T Hello.
Speaker 5: Confusing, I'm just kidding, man. We're we're doing something on our show. We hope you'll stick around and be a part of it. It's called second Date.
Speaker 4: Update okay that before?
Speaker 7: No, No, I haven't okay.
Speaker 5: It's where we help out our listeners who have gone out on a date with somebody and a second meetup hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 3: We try and.
Speaker 5: Help facilitate it or figure out why the other person doesn't want to okay, and that seems to be the situation, at least according to one of our listeners named Laura.
Speaker 3: You met the other day.
Speaker 7: She reached out to you.
Speaker 1: Yes, dude, it sounds like you had a crazy hike where you got injured.
Speaker 2: We heard all about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's been texting me a whole bunch. I don't know if I'm feeling it. To be honest with you, that's kind of why I didn't reach back out to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what she wasn't why.
Speaker 5: That's the confusing part to her, because she essentially saved you from the brink of death.
Speaker 2: She did not say that, Jeff.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not saying that the thought crossed her mind to leave you on that mountain to fend for yourself.
Speaker 3: But she did do a lot to help.
Speaker 2: She did after you scrained your ankle.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: I think you guys have the story wrong. If that's what you guys really think happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Well I'm getting part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just frustrated because we're we're friends of Laura's and we really just want to help her out. So if you could maybe explain your side of it.
Speaker 7: Well, there isn't my version. There's just the version. And I don't know what she told you exactly, but my ankle was banged up. I mean, you guys are laughing about it, but it was pretty bad, like it was swollen immediately. I couldn't knock on it.
Speaker 1: She said that she felt really bad for you. I know we're laughing, but that's just because that's what we do.
Speaker 3: You couldn't even hobble, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's why she called everybody she knew got emergency services up there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, kind of. At first, she tried to carry me down, and she kind of dropped me back on my ankle and hit it again.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's just she's trying.
Speaker 3: She's putting in the effort to help you.
Speaker 4: I get that. I get that. Okay.
Speaker 7: She didn't have service or whatever, and neither did I. So she said she's gonna walk down the trail a little bit until she gets serviced. She disappeared for at least a half an hour. She came back. She was all excited, and I was like, okay, good, did you find somebody on the trail? She said, no, no, no, I called an uber.
Speaker 3: Hold on, is she kidding to make you laugh. That's something a guy would say.
Speaker 7: A zone was her, you.
Speaker 2: Have a car, so you don't need a car. You someone to carry you down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one hundred percent, that's what I said to her, And she basically was like, oh, I didn't think about that. Was like, yeah, they can't drive up the mountain to just come pick me up in the car. That's not how this works.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, give her the benefit.
Speaker 1: You know, some people don't think well in emergency situations.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we were talking about it, and basically I was trying to advise her. Look, call EMTs, call emergency service, call friends, anybody that you can think of.
Speaker 4: I need some.
Speaker 7: Help out here. So she did do that, which is nice. And while we were sitting there waiting, she said that she figured out how to make like a homemade turn kit for my leg. So she wanted to get some sticks and branches and wrap up my leg.
Speaker 4: Or something like that.
Speaker 7: You know, it was like being stuck out there with Nurse Ratchet in the mountain.
Speaker 3: Nurse Ratchet, wait, like she didn't do a good job.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't need a tourniquit. I had a sprain ankle, all right. I wasn't losing any blurt or anything like that. The limbs didn't need to be chop off.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's a.
Speaker 7: Very simple thing. I just needed help.
Speaker 5: Sure, But it couldn't hurt, don't.
Speaker 2: It actually could hurt a lot. It cuts off your circulation.
Speaker 5: It was a preventive, a preventative tournique, just in case something got worse.
Speaker 2: I mean, at the end of the day, she's trying. She's not a medical expert. She's doing her best. You can't even give her that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, her best was just shockingly bad, that's all.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I feel.
Speaker 5: Like maybe she was panicked a little freaked out in the moment, just like you were doing whatever she could think of to try and help you out.
Speaker 3: And you don't have to take that from me.
Speaker 5: You can listen to Laura right now because she's on the other line waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 7: She's been listening the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how the segment works.
Speaker 4: Man. Sorry, hey, Troy, Yeah, it's me, Nurse Ratchet. How you doing. How you feeling?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say sorry now, huh.
Speaker 2: She should not apologize.
Speaker 7: Come on, Laura, you know it was being you were in charge of the water. I mean, what was going on with the water, Remember.
Speaker 2: That, what was she doing?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I was in charge of bringing water on the hike and I got a smoothies instead one that's nice. I drank my smoothie and then it was like so yummy that I wound up drinking Choice smoothie too, because there was an easy hike and we'd be down the mountain pretty quickly and then I could just get water when we got to the bottom.
Speaker 4: No big deal.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what you drank his that you cratch?
Speaker 5: Well, she needed the extra nutrients to go search for help. He was just sitting there on the ground at.
Speaker 2: The end of the day. She finally did get someone to help you.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, arguably hours later and more nutrient decision than I needed to be. But yes, for.
Speaker 5: Sure, Laura, you were listening and you heard what he said about you doing the tourniquet and calling the uber and all that stuff. He just wasn't very impressed, Like what were you thinking listening to that.
Speaker 6: I'm not like the best outdoorsman or outdoors woman or whatever you call it. I'm not a lumberblack, I'm not a medic like I did. What came to mind in the spur of the moment. And also like some ubers do have four wheel drives, so like that's it's not a.
Speaker 7: Home this again, the four wheel drive thing again, Come on, no they don't.
Speaker 3: It's a boy.
Speaker 1: Does that mean you already brought up that point while you guys from the mountain.
Speaker 7: He talks about it for like ten minutes already.
Speaker 3: When you're going, it's gonna be a hummer. They can get all over like every type of terrain. Bro, this is at least endearing laughing, and she's just trying. It's not working.
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 3: But she's cute.
Speaker 1: She's cute, she's got good energy.
Speaker 2: Come on, try you, Laura.
Speaker 7: I will say, if you do go outdoors with any of your friends or family, God help them.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a really sweet thing to say.
Speaker 5: He basically blessed her and her entire family whenever they're gone adventures together. Troy, I'm feeling some sort of shift in you, like you're wanting to say yes to another date with Laura, especially when we offer to pay for it.
Speaker 7: I'm just grippled. It wasn't anything more than a hurt ankle. I don't think I'd be here today if it was anything more than that.
Speaker 4: We weren't traversing Mount Everest.
Speaker 6: We were just going on a little simple hike.
Speaker 4: I didn't think it was a big deal.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, yeah, seriously, it was an instagram worthy hike, Like it can't.
Speaker 5: Be back, and I'm just trying to ask you if you'd like to meet up with her one more time. It doesn't have to be on a mountain. You could do it in the city somewhere and we would pay for the date.
Speaker 6: I mean, we can like go to the city and like ran a scooter. I'm pretty sure both of us can fit on it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, maybe make a reservation at the er ahead of time.
Speaker 3: Before the date happens.
Speaker 2: Is that how the r works out?
Speaker 3: Just in case, you know, get reservation.
Speaker 7: Look, I don't want to be mister pessimistic, so if we can keep it inside. I did have a good time with you at the moment where I was dying, So yeah, let's give it another shot.
Speaker 2: That's not fun, that's kind of cute, Troy.
Speaker 3: You're going on a date with Nurse Ratchet. Good for you.
Speaker 7: I hope not. Oh my god, I hope.
Speaker 4: And I'll bring my tourniquet.
Speaker 2: Well, oh wow, he's not bleeding.
Speaker 5: I think I think's kind of a freaky thing that she's into. You guys have fun, Okay.
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Oh man, you know what I could stop thinking about the entire time we were on the phone with them.
Speaker 2: What do I want to know? I'm not sure it was.
Speaker 5: The hiking movie with James Franco where his arm gets stuck for one hundred and twenty seven hours.
Speaker 3: On the trail.
Speaker 2: Arms that's based on a real story.
Speaker 5: We were dangerously close to that story that Laura was going to go looking for help and then she was going to come back up the hill with a buzz SOBBI like, okay, hear me, I have an idea after hearing everything she tried to surprise It wasn't the first off to get away from her. Luckily he was able to see through it and realized she really was just trying to help do whatever she could.
Speaker 3: Did he realize that, you think, or maybe she's trying to get off the phone with us like he was trying to get off that mountain.
Speaker 1: I think he just needs to realize that she's not going to be his person in case of emergency.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not even like a serious emergency, like the mildest of emergency.
Speaker 3: She will absolutely panic.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's okay, that's okay, we all react differently, that's right.
Speaker 2: I want to update from them. Yeah, yeah, I hope.
Speaker 3: They're right back.
Speaker 5: I'm sure we'll get a call from them when they're in the er at something. But if you want some help with your dating life, feel free to email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back. And if you want to see our big resume of second day out dates, there's lots and lots and lots of business like and not fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could check it out. We'rever get your podcast that broken Jeffrey
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning like